8 people like this.

117 comment(s). Last comment by izoklse 2015-04-17 00:30

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-04-02 00:58 | Report Abuse

"Posted by alvin_tan > Apr 1, 2015 11:54 AM | Report Abuse

Singaporeans always say we are so much better than our neighbouring countries bla bla, trying to boast, when in reality we are not. The truth is Malaysians can retire early despite being a third world country says a lot about the bS from these kind of Singaporeans ... Wake up, think why you can't retire early - expensive homes and caught up in debts - expensive healthcare. All these could hopefully be resolved with a new government, we've given LHL too many chances already still nothing gets resolved. Don't want to vote for the oppositions and give them a chance? No worries things like home, healthcare etc. might be too expensive for our kids in the future and will force a lot of them to migrate."

Avin-tan,

you can charged for sedition by singapore gov.

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-04-02 01:08 | Report Abuse

"Posted by alvin_tan > Apr 1, 2015 11:56 AM | Report Abuse

why do you think they migrated to Australia, not Singapore? Your husband needs to work hard, because working hard is how people survive anywhere in the world, even here in the US, auntie. It's a question of relativity.

What do you get after working hard in Singapore? And what do you get after working hard in Malaysia? Now, what do you get after working hard in the US/Australia? How are you semi-retired anyway? Who gave you the HDB flat that you live in?

The truth is, if you stay in Malaysia, you're stuck, because: 1) you don't know how to drive, 2) you don't know how to speak Malay and Cantonese, and 3) you're too spoilt safety-wise and don't know how to be situationally aware and take care of yourself after living in Singapore for decades. Malaysia is not a safe playground; it's a place that calls for a lot of street smarts.

Also, outpatient medical consultations cost RM1 in Malaysia. I've never had the misfortune of seeing the doctor in Singapore, but I heard your polyclinics cost $8. I remember Khaw Boon Wan saying that he had surgery for $8. In Malaysia, even surgery can cost as little as RM100. As much as I hate the Malaysian government, their universal healthcare is a thing of wonder."

avin_tan,

this is your imagination.

cn21

486 posts

Posted by cn21 > 2015-04-02 09:56 | Report Abuse

if we compare Malaysia and Singapore in general, Malaysia is a "better" place to live.

BUT, we are comparing Singapore(Sg) government against Malaysia (My) government. Then, obviously, Sg government is a very much efficient, forward planning, cleaner and people oriented. Look at what SG achieved in the last 50 years compare with My.

1. Sg dollars vs My ringgit
2. GDP growth
3. GDP per capital
4. Number of public housing
5. Quality of public hospital
6. Education standard
7. University ranking
8. Crime rate
9. Corruption index and etc.................

cn21

486 posts

Posted by cn21 > 2015-04-02 10:00 | Report Abuse

My singaporean friends like to complain about Sg government, I replied, how about My government team to lead their government......Immediately, they become "speechless".............

I believe Malaysia deserve a better government with good governance....

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-02 10:06 | Report Abuse

Haha, just image the rubbish governing the elites.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-02 10:06 | Report Abuse

Haha, just image the rubbish governing the elites.

cn21

486 posts

Posted by cn21 > 2015-04-02 10:18 | Report Abuse

Be objective....In general SG government (management) team is definitely stronger and better team....SG government set a good example for any other countries governments (including Malaysia) to follow ....

FYI, even China government is sending their senior officers to SG to learn public administration....

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-04-02 10:22 | Report Abuse

Avin_tan

I want to hear from you.

1. why DO you said the minority in Malaysia IS ungrateful?

2. who give the right to comment since you said the minority have no right to complain?

3. who give you the right to ask our fellow Malaysian to leave Malaysia

4. I want to tell you I AM A MALAYSIAN CHINESE, I LOVE MY COUNTRY NOT LESS THAN ANY OF THE YOUR SO CALLED MAJORITY HERE.

MALAYSIA, TANAH AIR KU, TANAH TUMPAHNYA DARAH KU......

if you advocate harmony and unity, I will support 100%
if you talk no different like extremist ,I will fight back ,though with my little kampung knowledge. I think you also love Malaysia as much as I do, then you should know respect for each other, tolerance and genuineness are most essential for us to build a 1 MALAYSIA

"Posted by alvin_tan > Apr 1, 2015 11:53 AM | Report Abuse

I, Alvin Tan, telling you the truth about Singapore. Not fantasy stories that you 'never been there' ungrateful minority that constantly complaint."

"Posted by alvin_tan > Apr 1, 2015 11:44 AM | Report Abuse

To those who brag how great Singapore is, I think they don't deserve to be Malaysians, they should immediately migrate to Singapore and throw Malaysia citizenship. Don't come back."

cn21

486 posts

Posted by cn21 > 2015-04-02 11:34 | Report Abuse

Malaysia and Malaysia are different "entity".....we love malaysia, we therefore believe that Malaysian deserve better government.....take Singapore government as model......we learn from them and hope in future we can do better than SG government..........

We did not say malaysia is no good....we said Malaysia government is NO good....

izoklse

5,207 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2015-04-02 11:48 |

Post removed.Why?

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-02 11:50 | Report Abuse

I would say corrupted government from top to the bottom is no good. We can pay GST like Singapore provided there is no double taxation, controlled price, and Corruption.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-02 11:55 | Report Abuse

Posted by cn21 > Apr 2, 2015 09:56 AM | Report Abuse

if we compare Malaysia and Singapore in general, Malaysia is a "better" place to live.

BUT, we are comparing Singapore(Sg) government against Malaysia (My) government. Then, obviously, Sg government is a very much efficient, forward planning, cleaner and people oriented. Look at what SG achieved in the last 50 years compare with My.

1. Sg dollars vs My ringgit
2. GDP growth
3. GDP per capital
4. Number of public housing
5. Quality of public hospital
6. Education standard
7. University ranking
8. Crime rate
9. Corruption index and etc.................

Answer : Yes! This is how we as rakyat view politic! Not to drag race and religion into the mix! And spirit of muhibbah should not be taken for granted! There is no room for superiority complex! All race are equal! If you can't accept this as doctrine to healthy society, you are setting a dangerous political climate like we are experiencing today! The issue of hudud is the making by the opposition and the blame squarely on opposition front! Late karpal singh is the only leader that understand the spirit of muhibbah and equality of all! Make my day very sad to read some of you who are obviously having superior complex!

haahaa

7 posts

Posted by haahaa > 2015-04-02 12:07 | Report Abuse

I agree with you cn21, our government is clumsy and bulky and inefficient and slow. take for eg. SMC took 6 months to investigate a case, with much less investigators who are experience police officer but Malaysia took more than 3 years to investigate with some old retired doctors.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-02 12:28 | Report Abuse

It is so stupid to mix politics with religion. Religion for home.

Same goes here, you do not mix share market with religion. If you loss your $$$, are you going to ask God to refund you?

God gives you a Brain. Please use it wisely!

Peter Lee

347 posts

Posted by Peter Lee > 2015-04-16 22:52 | Report Abuse

ppl r marching forward,they want fellow citizen moving backward so they can stay in power,may god bless them,tq

Coldrisks

66 posts

Posted by Coldrisks > 2015-04-16 23:13 | Report Abuse

Malaysia is blessed with abundant naturally resources; if it is government well; we don't have to wait until 2020 to become developed country which I doubt we will succeed.

izoklse

5,207 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2015-04-17 00:30 | Report Abuse

yeah agree. we should accept the unity government UMNO+PKR+PAS which currently has been discuss between Azmin, Mahathir and Anwar.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz