10 people like this.

130 comment(s). Last comment by tksw 2016-12-02 15:28

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-11-26 21:09 | Report Abuse

Cold eye said no need complicated oneself....just think one simple logic questions. Can the product sell,

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-26 21:13 | Report Abuse

I am waiting to see kc's ic copy in i3 soon

Posted by chunghiung > 2016-11-26 21:16 | Report Abuse

条条大路通罗马

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-11-26 21:31 | Report Abuse

KYY has a lot of detractors in i3 because the way he handles information is very unprofessional. Today say buy, tomorrow say sell.

I am proud to say that KC and I don't do that.

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2016-11-26 21:59 | Report Abuse

"I think Gadang will go above Rm 4.00 easily at P/E 10." He brought people to Holland. Asked people to chase high just before 1Q17 results then after share price has plunged, asked people to sell.

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2016-11-26 22:18 | Report Abuse

And yet told the world, see I told you to sell earlier. If readers had followed him, they lose money. Yet he talked like he is so clever. Call people stupid some more. Remember his relative auditor for Xing Quan? And he was formerly with Mudajaya that he understood the company so well. Did the power plant turned out as he thought?

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2016-11-26 22:25 | Report Abuse

Do you think he is right to expose people's IC and asked company to manipulate earnings. He totally list my respect

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2016-11-26 22:58 | Report Abuse

Splendid! Wonderful article from KC. Finally some sensible posts about Gadang!

Invest1188

772 posts

Posted by Invest1188 > 2016-11-26 23:00 | Report Abuse

Good sharing

Invest1188

772 posts

Posted by Invest1188 > 2016-11-26 23:02 | Report Abuse

Avoid kyy recommendation, the losers are more

Invest1188

772 posts

Posted by Invest1188 > 2016-11-26 23:05 | Report Abuse

If based on kyy rule, one will have sold
Johore tin, but look at Johor tin
Results now

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-26 23:30 | Report Abuse

Raider don know what KC talking about ??

KYY did not really says FA are stupid....what he meant if they just only rely on historical PE and profit to make judgement they are really stupid mah ?

In addition KYY also praise stock mammy....for able to see the downside...using FA....saying he is a good accountant mah..!!
This confirm raider understanding KYY meant FA is not stupid loh...!!

RAIDER ALSO AGREE with KYY opinion..going fwd not be good LOH !! Bcos property there is a big glut and construction margin thru competitive tender is thinning mah...!!

In KC case he is not really rely on PE alone....he rely on cashflow as additional criteria.. to do his assessment mah....end of the day..his conclusion....is the same with KYY....negative no GO on Gadang mah....!!

Thus FA is not stupid if u use intensively with additional cash flow..balance sheet..ratio blah blah....and use it intelligently loh...!!
If u rely only on historical PE or profit to do your assessment a lone than it is not that intelligent mah....!!

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-11-26 23:41 | Report Abuse

Some ppl just like to act smart and accuse ppl simply.

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2016-11-27 00:06 | Report Abuse

it is not a secret that kyy don't believe in accountant. he used to say if accountant is so important then all accountant will be super investor. kyy emphasize of understanding business, not number.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 00:12 | Report Abuse

Raider comment...just look at KYY quote....he believe in accountant ..but only believe in very good accountant mah...!!

" All the losers must look at the truth as explained by stockmanmy's article. Stockmanmy is a chartered accountant who is a very good stock analyst. I have my highest respect for him."!!

KYY praise stock mammy as a very good accountant mah...!!

geary

6,230 posts

Posted by geary > 2016-11-27 00:16 | Report Abuse

Good days! Fundamental Analysis of value n growth investing plus some Technical Analysis of support, resistance n trends n plus d most important one Mind Analysis of Hope! n Fear! Bye!

ttwong

41 posts

Posted by ttwong > 2016-11-27 00:18 | Report Abuse

cash flow should be viewed multiple years instead of just one particular year. over the latest 5 years, its cash flow has been up, down, up, down by small amount. pointing just one year of negative cash flow is unfair to the company.

also i am dissapointed with u kc that u use those "dismay" picture posted in public forum from unknown person as one of your pointer to judge your investment.

Jason33

112 posts

Posted by Jason33 > 2016-11-27 00:27 | Report Abuse

Invest like a businessman:

I must understand the business of the company before I consider to buy its shares. I do not worry too much about the audited accounts because it is a recorded history of the company. I look at the current quarterly result to estimate its future profit growth prospect. The future may not be so clear and straight forward but I am willing to take some risk.

Do not invest like an accountant

Statistics show that most Accountants and fund managers cannot beat the stock market index. They worry too much on the audited accounts which is a historical record. When they see the company has increased borrowing, they are worried. But as a businessman, I consider it a natural thing to borrow more money to do more business. Bear in mind that the company needs more money to buy raw materials, more machineries etc. Moreover, more borrowing will be required due the delay in getting payment because it take time for packaging, shipping and long payment terms usually 90 days.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/101565.jsp

Whey Whey

1,839 posts

Posted by Whey Whey > 2016-11-27 00:32 | Report Abuse

Do you all realise all KYY followers are mostly aggresive and spreading the fear. Could it be they all already sold all their stock at peek price and now they want to buy back at lower price?

Hmmmm, i have doubt. How about you? Up to you to choose which side to believe.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 00:35 | Report Abuse

Again what KYY says is the future growth in profit....and not the historical profit mah....!! That determine stock price loh..!!

U must understand KYY is a momentum stock investor loh...!!

Thats why the kyy golden rule is formulated mah....!!
It is nothing new....all analyst look at growth in quarterly profit to assess the stock prospect mah......!!

How they derive growth....by looking back to the latest earnings growth...and doing some scuttle butt assessment on business prospect loh....!!

popo92

578 posts

Posted by popo92 > 2016-11-27 00:52 | Report Abuse

Negative cash flows for gadang is inevitable because gadang normal operating cash flow is insufficient to handle its development costs. When a contractor is bidding bigger project, this scenario is good if they are capable so negative cashflow isn't a big deal in big picture. If one happened to involve in contracting business, delay huge payables is a very normal thing too. In fact, many capable and good contractors are usually given a longer due date payment than those not so capable contractors. Please don't get me wrong that i am promoting gadang, i have sold off all my gadang shares at 3.2++ my reasons are different. My view is that future growth will be limited when contract bills were not sufficient to even sustain growth. And understanding most part of growth came from higher margins property development division. With contributions from capital 21 almost finished used up and construction contract not improving in the moment i think there are little valid reasons for me to hold. Overall i still think gadang is a good company and who knows if they will grab more exciting contracts.

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2016-11-27 01:34 | Report Abuse

Stockhausen I guess everyone has their own method to analysis prior invest. Coldeye metrics are simple yet workable. Mr koon methods also workable. Mr :-) also workable.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-27 05:53 | Report Abuse

Posted by ttwong > Nov 27, 2016 12:18 AM | Report Abuse
cash flow should be viewed multiple years instead of just one particular year. over the latest 5 years, its cash flow has been up, down, up, down by small amount. pointing just one year of negative cash flow is unfair to the company.

ME; WONDERFUL COMMENT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THAT IS WHAT I PROPAGATE TOO. IN FACT I LOOK MORE ON FREE CASH FLOWS OVER A NUMBER OF YEARS. BUT INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING A STATEMENT, PLEASE TELL US ITS CASH FLOWS OVER A NUMBER OF YEARS, SPECIFICALLY FCF.

HOWEVER, THIS IS JUST MY OWN CONCERN OF ITS DEFICIT OF CASH IN THIS PARTICULAR YEAR, THAT I HAVE A RESERVATION ABOUT ITS PERFORMANCE, THAT I WON'T CHASE ITS SHARE AT THE LOFTY PRICE. ALL FOR MY OWN DECISION IN INVESTING IN GADANG. I DIDN'T TELL YOU NOT TO BUY, OR TO SELL BASE ON THIS INFORMATION, BUT MERELY SHARING MY PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW.

also i am dissapointed with u kc that u use those "dismay" picture posted in public forum from unknown person as one of your pointer to judge your investment.

ME; YOU HAVE YOUR RIGHT TO FEEL DISAPPOINTED WITH KC. BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT KC DID NOT SHOW YOU THOSE PICTURES AND ASKED YOU NOT TO BUY GADANG. KC MERELY EXPRESS HIS OWN CONCERN FOR HIS OWN DECISION WHEN SOMEONE SHOWED HIM, AND THAT KC WAS JUST SHARING HIS OWN PERSONAL CONCERN, FOR HIMSELF, AND NOT FOR YOU.

CHARLES MUNGER USED TO SAY, "TELL ME WHERE I AM GOING TO DIE AND I WON'T GO THERE".

SOMEONE TELLING ME THAT PLACE (EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT) AND I TOLD YOU I WON'T WANT TO GO THERE. BUT I DIDN'T TELL YOU NOT TO GO.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2016-11-27 06:29 | Report Abuse

Good to see KC Chong taking on the old fox KYY. The only thing consistent about old fox is U-turns. First he swears off i3 and in 2 weeks time returned like an addicted crackhead. Next, he went from must buy to not so bad to I was wrong sell to those who don't sell are stupid. He also says be a contrarian, and then said charts don't like. Like WTF? Through all this, he wrote with absolute certainty, which makes he look stupid when he executes a U-turn. He didn't even apologize for breaking disclosure rules. KYY is the obnoxious grandfather you wish you didn't have, so unfortunately we are stuck with him.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-11-27 07:31 | Report Abuse

Uncertainty is those events that you have no knowledge of in every minutes of your waking hours. Even now have uncertainty, right know, in this minute, something you don't know is happening without you knowing about it. For me, you are an uncertainty to me right now, I don't know what you are doing right now, at this minute. Your fundamental analysis does not cover what the company or people in the company is doing at every minute and how can you be so sure you are able to analyse the company's health and company's good fortune using a financial analysis. You can even analyse your own health and good fortune with your financial analysis how can you analyse the company's with you so call financial analysis.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2016-11-27 08:38 | Report Abuse

Sostupid, that's why professional analysts temper their statements with disclaimers and potential risks to balance the optimism of their analyses. Because nobody is certain of the future, investing will always be an operational in calculated risk taking. Except perhaps for stock god kyy, who writes with absolute certainty.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-11-27 09:26 | Report Abuse

Raider. I have a different view....It would probably mean 'YES man' and 'plp' Accountant is a ' very good accountant '....

Posted by stockraider > Nov 27, 2016 12:12 AM | Report Abuse

Raider comment...just look at KYY quote....he believe in accountant ..but only believe in very good accountant mah...!!

" All the losers must look at the truth as explained by stockmanmy's article. Stockmanmy is a chartered accountant who is a very good stock analyst. I have my highest respect for him."!!

KYY praise stock mammy as a very good accountant mah...!!

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2016-11-27 10:02 | Report Abuse

Follow Calvin holland pick better

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-11-27 10:33 | Report Abuse

I am not a follower of kyy. To be frank, Golden rules is not a foolproof system but an effective yardstick for Momentum players. We can minimize the losses through applying this rules. The world is changing fast in this Information Age. You don't know what would happen next to those companies when their turnover and earnings growth suddenly dented due to cyclical of business, economy growth slowing down and etc. Many companies earnings have turned ugly since last 12 months. If we did not run for life fast enough, we would have locked in the jails. You would never know when the amesty period to the jailbird. Of course, it may not applicable to those companies who are proven their moat to be sustainable in longer term.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-11-27 11:21 | Report Abuse

Don't put too much high expectations on someone....whenever they are being tagged stock god, super investors, super traders or super man. It would make us suffer when their mistake tarnished our expectation (ideal image) placed on them. Wakaka

When QR posted not good earnings, it is very natural for him to talk another side of the story. Follow the stream flowing up and down without stopping at a point. if you apply golden rules in Red chip, be prepared to lying straight on the floor.

SALAM

1,024 posts

Posted by SALAM > 2016-11-27 11:36 | Report Abuse

Besides FA which analyse past data, one really needs a SHARP SENSE to scout around for future growth because that is where investors get the benefit finally..eg whether the product sells, whether one get more profitable contracts...whether the moat is strong

Posted by prescott2006 > 2016-11-27 11:37 | Report Abuse

KYY winning stocks mainly are picked by OTB, and some are almost the same as Cold Eyes. OTB is his remisier and both Cold Eyes and him lives in Ipoh, so maybe he just blows water with Cold Eyes during one random afternoon and ask his sifu what to buy. He is like a super rich old man, but fail in picking stock, so just buy whatever these two buy and brag how successful he is. No wonder right after Cold Eyes said he had sold Gadang at RM3, he directly posted a sell call.

SALAM

1,024 posts

Posted by SALAM > 2016-11-27 11:44 | Report Abuse

Don't forget OTB is a well respected sifu in stocks. Gadang is on his buy list with a target of RM4.85 (cum all)..

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 12:00 | Report Abuse

Prior to this koon's favourite stocks were plantation counters,mudajaya n xinquan. Koon never cut loss on xinquan n instead he subscribed their latest rights issues n donated more money to china rich man.u will b surprised the amt he donated to xinquan rich boss r many many times higher than the donation he made to the poor students in msia.

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2016-11-27 12:08 | Report Abuse

CalvinTang:

2011-2013: They selling average 400k

2013-2015:They selling average 600k

2015-2016: They selling average 400k

Average all three stages: 460K = Average cost 100k-200k per units

Property just like stock market. Value a company, a property at the right time v their actual value.

so people at year 2013-2015 chase high la.........wakakakakaka force selling soon.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 12:13 | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kianweiaritcles/55773.jsp

No. Stock Name 23/05/2014 10/7/2014 Change
1 JTIASA 20,620,235 20,620,235 0
2 MFCB 3,108,400 3,108,400 0
3 MUDAJYA 6,262,232 9,689,700 3,427,468
4 SOP 5,552,600 0 -5,552,600
5 SWKPLNT 0 299,700 299,700
6 SUCCESS 0 2,686,242 2,686,242
7 THPLANT 1,595,600 1,595,600 0
8 XINQUAN 14,042,100 14,042,100 0

Somebody compiled Koon's shareholdings as at Apr 2014. It shows a heavy exposure in Plantation Co and he wrote many many articles to promote the most undervalued stock (Jtiasa) during 2013/2014.

I think he sold most of it except his (or his grandchildren)'s darling stock, Xinquan.

Then out of a sudden he switched most of his money to Export Counters (first batch : Latitude, VS etc)

Why?

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 12:16 | Report Abuse

After 2014 we see the emergence of the legendary Koon Bee till now...One got money one got brain (plan?)...

Again, 99% of his stock picks are from Sifu. I dont want elaborate much or else Sifu may say I want to PLP him...cannot make him too cocky as he is oredi very cocky now

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 12:23 | Report Abuse

When Koon says buy co which can make more profit in next Q or next year everybody praise him saying this is a word of wisdom or genius or stock god...

When I say buy co which can go up tmr or next week or next month people tease me saying this is bullshit...

That's the difference. There are always people to PLP and to lick rich man...

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-27 12:26 | Report Abuse

Please consider............if you are substantial shareholder, you have to be very careful with stock picks.

If you are peanuts and contra kaki, do whatever you want la. ,,,,but don't criticise big boys when they tell you to be careful.

KYY do not deserve your condemnation.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 12:35 | Report Abuse

Instead of talking about Gadang....everybody attacking KYY.

Kyy not being doing well prior...to 2014...but he is doing exttremely well in export theme counters from 2014 to early 2016.

His stock run up more than 100% pa....and he buy very big mah....that what raider see a good investor should be mah....!!

Counter like VS, Liihen, FLB, Latitude all showed more than 100% gain with very big position exposure mah....!!

KYY also sell off with a very good price too loh....!!
When he sell off ...early everybody complain....if not informing them early loh.....!!
Now on Gadang....KYY sell off....early....informing people early..some people still mark around....complaining and attacking him loh...!!

Actually Tycoon...like KYY....don really...need to take advantage of I3 investors loh....how much can he gain from these people ??
If u buy or sell....how much can push up and pull down the share price leh ??

He just try to be nice and pass some free time....involve with blogging mah.....!!

Of course KYY....will need to sell...when his golden rule is broken.mah.....and this is done quickly....U cannot expect to stop his action and tell u he is selling loh....!!

So u all need to panlai mah...!! Start learning and take responsibility ....also u need to assess whoever stock recommendation not only kyy loh....!!

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2016-11-27 12:39 | Report Abuse

Oh stockmanmy, you are ok with kyy advocating manipulation of accounts so the numbers look smoother?

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2016-11-27 12:39 | Report Abuse

I see some pak po non stop critisize ppl.Let it be known in stock mkt the saying "let the buyer beware" applies.Grow up la.

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2016-11-27 12:41 | Report Abuse

In bursa you deal with all sorts of sharks.Grow up la.Go somewhere if you cannot take it.

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2016-11-27 12:41 | Report Abuse

Kyy said his relative is a the auditor for xingquan and suggested something like the accounts are ok. Is that not misleading others?

Posted by prescott2006 > 2016-11-27 12:46 | Report Abuse

Stockraider, do you really talk in that way or try to imitate how Chinese speak? Chinese don't speak too obvious like that with mah, lah, loh in every freaking sentence.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 12:48 | Report Abuse

Aiyah Don u know KYY also lose big on Xinguan ??

He already learn his lesson of not cutting losse on Xinguans....thats why he come up with a new momentum system called the Golden Rules....and he is doing well since 2014 mah...!!

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2016-11-27 12:51 | Report Abuse

So many cry babies blaming KYY.You need ppl to baby sit you?Grow up la.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-27 12:55 | Report Abuse

hpcp

there was a time 20 years when I was auditing, secret reserves to smoothened PL is encouraged...............maybe, we should go back to those times?

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-11-27 13:11 | Report Abuse

2017 J tiasa will make home run ok....... all in place timing is the key now

Post a Comment
Market Buzz