67 people like this.

286 comment(s). Last comment by John Lu 2016-12-28 12:09

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-12-03 11:48 | Report Abuse

Bro ezra how to becone the 10%. That survived.....thru cold eye methodology reading anual report n 5 yard sticks.... thru cut loss concept. Thru growth promoted by mr lynch . Or magic formula...... or... what can shate.

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-12-03 11:56 | Report Abuse

I am sure many people read cold eye manuscript...... but yet cannot find A way out what is missing in the link? I now reading the sun tzu script. N hold on to strategic value investing by horan still blur blir

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2016-12-03 12:19 | Report Abuse

@yfchong - As a reader and a fans of Cold Eyes myself, sorry to say this but, his book is actually only tip of the iceberg of Value Investing. Value Investing goes deeper into that.

Here's some fun fact, many of his content were actually phased out and replaced with simpler and shorter ones due to limitations of a book's length and it's easier to read for newer investors.

If you are interested, I could recommend a few other books to you, but it will take great effort to read and digest them, many would just give up eventually.
Instead I'd recommend you enroll KC's course to see yourself what he has to offer.

Over the years, I've concluded that Value / Fundamental Investing is a complete package, consisting of business analysis, accounting analysis, valuation analysis, investing strategy, investing psychology and philosophy, and some basic economics.
They are like a pillars that support a building. Lacking is one or two is fine, but you may find your building collapsed one day.

nickychang

125 posts

Posted by nickychang > 2016-12-03 12:33 | Report Abuse

agree with Ezra, the more pillars u put , the more stable your building is. just like stock selection , the more criteria u put, the safer u are, but at the same time, the harder u get your stock selected. sometimes putting more pillar is costly, might lose some good opportunity xd.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-12-03 12:36 | Report Abuse

Sos stupid is indeed not using brain. Merry go round on all value investor books to the extend of falling deeper into a small hole, use a bit sense, no need biz sense just sense. If the stock is cheap against your own judged value, buy la.

alivetoinvest

1,198 posts

Posted by alivetoinvest > 2016-12-03 13:01 | Report Abuse

Respect Kcchong

lkoky

539 posts

Posted by lkoky > 2016-12-03 13:16 | Report Abuse

Salute KC

2017ks

172 posts

Posted by 2017ks > 2016-12-03 13:20 | Report Abuse

this article shown us all that our old friend KYY here is too old , what happen in his brain is too messy dont even know what himself is talking about , this moment say strong buy , next moment may say strong sell. So dont blindly follow his , he is not a god

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-12-03 13:26 | Report Abuse

Thks bro ezra..
I am one of kc alumi.....n one book i really enjoy is 5 rules pat.dorsey morningstar....i just want to find out what is the edge since all belajar the concept of value investing... what it needs to take to standout ie outstanding...
Cold eye master didnt use dcf also v
Can go all the way. He eats rice i also wat is the diff. Is it behavorial that makes the diff. Of the guts ..... one thing i cannot understand he takes on annjoo....that makes him big bucks whereas i am bleeding like hell after the edge recomendations in 2013..... yuks..... after that i start into roic...n ey... but still floating...i have not done a stock more than 200 percent return .. i wish i can do that.... average about 5 to 10.... that is medicore... so sad i would not give up.. how to take risks like damodaran....... in his writting...

3iii

12,800 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-03 13:28 |

Post removed.Why?

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-12-03 13:28 | Report Abuse

Any way bro ezra share the books if you are comfortable...my listing comes fr jae jun n bro lc chong....many thks

yfchong

5,743 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-12-03 13:35 | Report Abuse

Ezra just simple question. I try to understant what is moat...if ok just share with us... allow me to say pai seh for taking your time.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-12-03 13:36 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-03 13:42 | Report Abuse

Lastly, Warren Buffett quote:
2. "I tell college students, when you get to be my age you will be successful if the people who you hope to have love you, do love you."

Warren Buffett has spent a lifetime studying conventionally successful people. It's important to hear that at the end of the day, money is not the thing that matters most in life.

It is so hard to get people to really loves you, what makes you think you can get mathematics that you have to pay to get to love you too, at least this is what Warren Buffett thinks.

THIS SOSSTUPID IS TALKING ABOUT GOD ON INVESTMENT, AND THEN NOW TALKING ABOUT LOVE ON INVESTMENT LOH....!!

DON HE KNOW....INVESTMENT IS BUSINESS LIKE & PURE HARD FIGURE MAH.....NOT SO GODLY AND LOVELY.LOH...!!

U MAKE MONIES BCOS....U GET SOMETHING THAT HAVE VALUE THAT MORE THAN SHARE PRICE....OR U GOT A BUSINESS THAT IS GROWING & THAT WILL BEAT UR INVESTMENT COST MAH....!!

YES...RAIDER KNOW MONIES OVER TIME NOT THAT IMPORTANT WHEN U ALREADY MAKE IT LOH.....!!
BUT FOR MANY YOUNG PEOPLE....AND EVEN OLD PEOPLE HERE....WHEN U DON HAVE ENOUGH....IT IS VERY IMPORTANT LOH....!!

SO NO NEED TALK 3 TALK 4 ....LETS TALK OF THE ART OF MAKING MONIES..& NO WASTE TIME LOH....!!

U NEED TO START WITH FA LOH....!!

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-12-03 14:00 |

Post removed.Why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-03 14:44 | Report Abuse

Posted by paperplane2016 > Dec 3, 2016 10:36 AM | Report Abuse
Fund mgr is nothing to us. We can sack them anytime.

You go ask a fund manager to invest your money, say RM10m. After three months you say I want to the fund manager.

What will they do?

Yes, you can sack him, but since your investment is less than a year, according to the agreement, you have to pay an exit fee of say 3%. That is RM100k.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-03 15:18 | Report Abuse

KC

Managing other people money

Serves you right for being so naive.

First you got nio license, you not working for a licensed investment adviser.

Managing own money is stressful enough, other than FD......

Managing other people money is a very stressful job with market subject to all kinds of uncertainties.

Just naive or think you are God......

Me? I will refuse it out right. I always refuse such requests....except when I was 20 and too young

Anyway those who know, , do
Those who don't , teach

So, you want to promote from don't to do?

Too bad.

Posted by Xt Peter Lee > 2016-12-03 17:03 | Report Abuse

when i3investor got politician?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-12-03 17:57 | Report Abuse

http://koonyewyin.com/2016/12/03/lets-find-a-solution/

I think First step is to define accurately what is the issue , i.e the difference in opinion?

Then we can think of the solution.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-12-03 18:00 | Report Abuse

Solutions are easily found from the Issues itself...when we narrow it down accurately. Its only when the issues at hand becomes vague....we have never-ending counter arguments...

Sostupid is a great example..lol!

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-12-03 18:20 | Report Abuse

If there is ego involved...its kinda difficult - complicated :(

But..i guess the hidden ego which was there all along had been just trashed-destroyed recently... lets not attack FA or use of Margin anymore...habis cerita? :)

Since these are deeply rooted in each's philosophy of investment...the best thing is to respect other's belief and avoid attacking on these aspects.

Promote their own philosophy but avoid criticizing others philosophy.

Ok im done with this! Thank you.

Kkevin2625

256 posts

Posted by Kkevin2625 > 2016-12-03 19:29 | Report Abuse

Wow 这里好热闹

Yippy68

1,664 posts

Posted by Yippy68 > 2016-12-04 06:15 | Report Abuse

Good to see kyy finally apology. KC well done sir. You teach him a lesson for talking nonsense.. Truth is always truth.

einvest88

416 posts

Posted by einvest88 > 2016-12-04 07:53 | Report Abuse

If you are young and have the investment knowledge but less capital then u can try out helping others to manage some money to build up your wealth. But you shouldn't do that when u already acquired enough wealth esp already at older age. Managing other ppl fund is a stressful job and what for to risk your reputation if something goes wrong. At older age, health and image are more important than money. Don't belief see what happen to Jet Li now.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-04 08:39 | Report Abuse

What happens to Jet Li now?

malaysiaku

583 posts

Posted by malaysiaku > 2016-12-04 10:48 | Report Abuse

kcchongnz, memang kaedah value investing sangat penting...."golden rules" kadang kadang tak boleh pakai..setiap business ada keunikannya...tak boleh ikut aset dan "golden rules" analisis semata-mata...kaedah lain perlu juga diamabil kira...sebab itu kyy nampaknya mengaku mengalah sampai tak boleh tidur bila baca rencana balas dari kamu....http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/110867.jsp

3iii

12,800 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-04 10:50 | Report Abuse

KC cautions on the use of margins. KYY advocates margins in selected situations. Who is right and who is wrong? For the average investor, margins are better avoided (like the plaque). KC's advice is sound and safe.

In the pursuit of wealth, your first principle should be preservation of your capital and then, expectation of a reasonable or satisfactory return.

The super-rich can afford to take margins on board, even then, they are prudent not to over-leverage their skill or luck.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2016-12-04 11:00 | Report Abuse

this is a clash of investing ideologies,the conservative (KC) vs the high risk taker (KYY).
KC style is defensive n KYY offensive.
in the current mkt environment KC style will beat KYY style.
in a bullish mkt environment KYY will win...but if he continue to trade like he does in a downtrending mkt,i expect him to lose big.

For the retailer,always pick a style suitable to ur personality.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2016-12-04 11:04 | Report Abuse

given that KYY has attacked KC over his overly conservative approach in investing,i can only conclude that KYY has not much share trading experience,he doesn't even know KC is only practising a style compatible to his own personality.

malaysiaku

583 posts

Posted by malaysiaku > 2016-12-04 11:11 | Report Abuse

kcchongnz, terima kasih kerana memberi gambaran sebenar mengenai salah faham antara kamu berdua...kaedah KC lebih sesuai untuk small investor(ikan bilis) macam kita orang.."preserve the capital and expect reasonable return"... kyy suka promosi margin faciliti untuk dapat untung lebih...tak semua orang kaya macam kyy...jadi kaedah yang lebih cermat dan berhati-hati dalam "perservation of capital" sangat penting. sebab melabur dalam pasaran saham ada risiko yang tinggi..tapi pada masa yang sama boleh mengaut keuntungan kalau kita ikut keadah "value investing"....

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-12-04 11:18 | Report Abuse

I do not know who is KC Chong but one things I am sure according to his writing he does not gain financial freedom through share investments. He gain financial freedom through working & saving. Hence my conclusion is that he only a teacher but NOT successful share investor. :(

rainbowyen

363 posts

Posted by rainbowyen > 2016-12-04 11:27 | Report Abuse

That’s right... KC is defensive while KYY offensive type....for small investor like us, it is better to protect our capital, than losing all our monies in share market trading... based on current environment, KC is better suited...KYY method is using golden rules to make fast money..But also can lose money very fast...the decision is based on each retailer to suit their own personality...

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-12-04 11:29 | Report Abuse

If u follow KC method could you reach financial freedom ?

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2016-12-04 11:34 | Report Abuse

if u follow KC,u wud not be wiped out...if u follow uncle,either u make it big or get wiped out.
So you must be able to judge what is the current mkt environment to use whose technique...in an environment when foreign keep selling,ringgit making new low, n so many global uncertainties ie.Trump,fed rising rates,italy referendum....it is best to be hyper defensive...n that i mean hold a lot of cash.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2016-12-04 11:35 | Report Abuse

good luck to the newbies,bye.

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-12-04 11:49 | Report Abuse

If the one who teach cannot made good money then do you thinks students can ? Ha..ha

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-12-04 11:51 | Report Abuse

Rchi better you put your hard earning money in fixed deposit

3iii

12,800 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-04 11:54 | Report Abuse

If you are really very good in your investing, you will soon be rich without having to leverage (use margins). On the other hand, if you are not good in your investing, there are many reasons why you should not use leverage (margins).

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-12-04 12:01 | Report Abuse

Just look at KC, how long did he being in shares invedtment. At the end of the day he said he achieved financial freedom NOT through investment.

3iii

12,800 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-04 12:14 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-04 12:29 | Report Abuse

This 3iii KYY talk 3 talk4.....golden rule is already a proven investment tech....it is proven by I3 sifu like ICON, Paperlane amd KYY mah...!!

If it is earnings growth, valuation share momentum tech mah....!!
{Not applicable tor Nestle & Pbank although got little bit a growth but failed in its over valuation}

And it is wonderful thing...it is self correcting too...if momentum...valuation....or growth falter u just sell mah...!!

3iii

12,800 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-04 12:32 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,800 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-12-04 12:37 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-04 12:56 | Report Abuse

3ii...should understand...physic...of momentum mah....!!
An object will move with continue momentum unless and until obstructed mah....!! Raider still remember this important scientific law loh..!!

So if profit is good & growth with momentum...u buy loh...bcos this important "scientific law of momentum mah!!"

U only sell when the momentum is disrupted mah.....!!

It is already proven scientifically mah....!!

This Golden Rule is a marriage of Art & science loh...!!

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-12-04 13:02 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Dec 4, 2016 12:56 PM | Report Abuse

3ii...should understand...physic...of momentum mah....!!
An object will move with continue momentum unless and until obstructed mah....!! Raider still remember this important scientific law loh..!!

So if profit is good & growth with momentum...u buy loh...bcos this important "scientific law of momentum mah!!"

U only sell when the momentum is disrupted mah.....!!

It is already proven scientifically mah....!!

This Golden Rule is a marriage of Art & science loh...!!

HAHAHA!

What A Big Joke Indeed!

Both 3i & Great Stock Raider are now in i3 forum debating!!

Welcome! WELCOME!!

Hmmm?

Looks like investlah going to "sau tong" or close shop soon?

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-12-04 13:14 | Report Abuse

"his Golden Rule is a marriage of Art & science loh...!!" quote from the Great StockRaider. What is the purpose of art? To make something ordinary looking expensive for people to purchase. What is the purpose of science? What do you think?Of course science is to give scientic explanation to cut down necessary debates from all sides. Why you have to combine the two? Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-04 13:33 | Report Abuse

Golden Rule System....let raider explain loh...!!

"Golden"... It is an investment tech....as u all know Investment is an ART loh.....!! The Golden investment system therefore an Art mah...!!

Rules....It is better follow a discipline approach loh...!! Of course u can associate rules with law....but raider want u to be more serious loh....!!
If u break a minor rule...sometime u may get away with it....but sometime u get away by paying a small fine loh...!! Just like traffic offence loh...!!

Scientific Rules much more serious loh...!! If u mix potassium with Acid u get a very serious big explosion...it is already always proven scientifically..no arguement...u pay for your life loh..!!

"Rule"....therefore must be scentifically adhere to loh...u pay for your life...if u break it loh...!! Therefore very scientific must adhere mah..!!

Thats why marriage of powerful art & science combination of "Golden Rule"...pls follow seriously with discipline when invest loh...!!

WB2F

330 posts

Posted by WB2F > 2016-12-04 13:35 | Report Abuse

I DO NOT care whether it is GOLDEN or SOSTUPID rule MOST important is proven make MONEY rule. :)

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-12-04 13:37 | Report Abuse

Benjamin Graham said "the companies are lacking the fundamentals of a long-lasting stable company because" it lacks a art and science combination and so how can the share price go up eventually.

StockRaider is a Genius just like Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffett.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-04 13:50 | Report Abuse

"Benjamin Graham said "the companies are lacking the fundamentals of a long-lasting stable company because" it lacks a art and science combination and so how can the share price go up eventually."

The above are the findings of Bgraham...intelligent investment & margin of safety of investment loh...!! U can call these Shaolin Kung Fu mah....!!

For "Golden Rule"...it is like karate another form of martial art...that practise momentum investment...with a combination of art & science mah....!!

Don get raider wrong, i m not saying Shaolin no good or karate no good loh.....!!
If Shao Lin suit u...use shaolin mah....if karate suit u...use karate loh.....!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz