17 people like this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2017-07-11 18:56

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-07-09 19:38 | Report Abuse

Kcchong...please let me know which stock to buy now and hold 3 years to get 300%?

supersaiyan3

3,128 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2017-07-09 20:04 | Report Abuse

Well said.

Just that if you want to speculate, the best way is to bet against other speculators, rather than the house.

gohkimhock

3,030 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2017-07-09 20:11 | Report Abuse

堅持投資正道, 遠離投機.

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2017-07-09 22:58 | Report Abuse

First, quality. Then, valuation. Avoid lousy stocks. Never overpay. However, high quality stocks often sell at high prices. It is alright to pay a slightly higher prices (<120% of fair value) to own these as in the long run, their earnings power will reward your investing.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-07-10 00:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 29, 2015 02:01 PM | Report Abuse

Good Afternoon,

This BJ Corp song was given to me by Inspiration within 5 minutes while holidaying in Hilary Beach, North of Perth, Western Australia.

Music adapted from

FIRST OF MAY - By Bee Gees (For music go to youtube "FIRST OF MAY"}

Lyrics by Calvin Tan

SONG OF BERJAYA CORP

1) OH BJ Corp! I bought it for a song;

The Mighty Stock that someday will perform.

Don't ask me why. Don't let it pass you by;

To Make Money you all Must Be Strong.

2) The Companies that Grew for you and me;

I watched them growing richer one by one.

And I will keep BJ Corp All The Way;

This is Asia's Berkshire Hathaway.

And Now for the exposition & commentary

OH BJ CORP I Bought it For a Song (Stanza 1, First line)

The idiom "bought for a song" means to buy something Very cheaply.

To me BJ Corp is already a Blue Chip over RM10.00
Calvin Tan Research can prove it mathematically by facts and figures without a trace of doubt!

So buying at 44 cents for a Share worth over RM10.00 is "Buying it For A Song". This is not paying penny for dollar; but paying penny for ten dollar bill.

This is the most unequal exchange in Bursa.

The Mighty Stock that someday will perform (1st Stanza, 2nd line)

When will BJ Corp, THE MIGHTY STOCK, rise to RM10.00?

Time Is The Essence of Investment. Just like Lafarge, UMW or Tasek.

Don't ask me why. Don't let it pass you by. (1st Stanza, 3rd line)

How did Lafarge rose from 66 cents to over RM10.00? We know now as fact

How will BJ Corp rise from 44 cents to over RM10.00?
Don't ask me why. Just don't let it pass you by. Grab some tomorrow!!

To Make Money you all Must Be Strong (1st Stanza, 4th line)

There will be doubters, naysayers & others who cannot see & will talk nonsense and discourage you. So you MUST BE STRONG IN CONVICTION & HOLD TIGHT TO YOUR PRECIOUS BJ CORP SHARES!!

Someday When BJ Corp reaches RM10.00 You Will All Be Millionaires!!

To be continued.....

Next.

Commentary on Stanza 2 of BJ Corp Song...

ykloh

514 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2017-07-10 00:14 | Report Abuse

speculative counters are not meant to be held long term.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2017-07-10 09:03 | Report Abuse

correct ! The right conclusion is VALUE investor should NOT speculate at all. No such thing as speculate intelligently. I repeat this is for VALUE investor. Whereas speculator should countinue to speculate. Nothing wrong being a speculator. NOthing wrong to play guitar, or go surfing regardless of what other people claim. Speculate for fun, for hobbies, for who know wat. My advise for speculator is to speculate moderately, do not over-do it. Same as every activities ... should not go over-board. For eg. do not over run, over swim, over kiam-siap, over-spend, ... THE END.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-07-10 12:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by John Lu > Jul 9, 2017 07:38 PM | Report Abuse
Kcchong...please let me know which stock to buy now and hold 3 years to get 300%?

This is a classic example of a speculative mindset. I am not sure if you are so naive, or just try to be funny. I guess it is the latter, knowing a little bit about you.

Anyway, for the benefit of newbies,

Try fathom this. If I can correctly forecast a particular stock can make 30% for the next one year, do you think you are the chosen one?

do you think this stock will remain as a stock to have 30% upside for the next one year?

So remember this. There ain't no tooth fairy in Bursa. Or, there is no such big frog jumping all around.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-07-10 12:36 | Report Abuse

Posted by wonderlust33e > Jul 9, 2017 11:52 PM | Report Abuse
good article.
you don't have to prove to anyone. your record is the prove.
kc, do you still like focus lumber? do you have a target price? thanks.

All I can say Focus Lumber doesn't have an exciting business, but investing in its stock would be very safe, looking at its balance sheet and the past performance, and the industry in general.

Remember my motto of investing?

"Take care of the downside and let the upside takes care of itself"

chonghai

480 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2017-07-10 13:28 | Report Abuse

@John Lu

We can only make sure that we buy a company with cheap valuation based on past and current information. How the market will response to the company, we will have no idea. In addition, we are not always correct, so we need to diversify our portfolio.

As a result, asking for 300% growth in Market Cap is beyond our knowledge. If you ask for 300% growth in revenue, that will be more likely to be possible.

wltan22

208 posts

Posted by wltan22 > 2017-07-10 14:26 | Report Abuse

Well said, KC, with that thinking will save you a lot money in Bursa

popo92

578 posts

Posted by popo92 > 2017-07-10 23:52 | Report Abuse

i have seen many articles written and investing styles from many i3 sifus. I could say kcchong has the best fundamental analysis and investing style in among, taking good care of down side and always remember not to lose money. kudos with all the hard works

Posted by LayHong Gan > 2017-07-11 08:07 | Report Abuse

Ha! Ha! I already hold.. Bj Corp... 10years.. Time rm1.18 ...now ???some 2000 lots. Change to 660 lots only.. Mmmmm.

paperplane2016

21,624 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2017-07-11 12:59 | Report Abuse

kc, is there really good and cheap to be frank? most of the time it is still cheap and might be value trap.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-07-11 18:07 | Report Abuse

Posted by wltan22 > Jul 10, 2017 02:26 PM | Report Abuse
Well said, KC, with that thinking will save you a lot money in Bursa

Absolutely. In investing, we do not want to lose, or at least try not to. If we don't lose, any other outcome will be good.

Where go people want to take high risk (and likely lose a lot of money), and hope to have high return.

Hope is not a good investment strategy, is it?

aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by aseng > 2017-07-11 18:19 | Report Abuse

If dare not lose, then the best strategy is not to play share trading
certain amount of risk is a must and we called it a calculated risk or good risk .
remember the cheap price of a great stock never wait until you are ready to buy with full certainty to win
be fair to he newbie to tell the truth, never over emphasized,even though believe your strategy is the best or the safest

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-07-11 18:28 | Report Abuse

Posted by aseng > Jul 11, 2017 06:19 PM | Report Abuse

ME:YES, NEVER"PLAY SHARE TRADING". IT IS SPECULATING AND I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU IT IS A LOSER GAME.

certain amount of risk is a must and we called it a calculated risk or good risk .

ME: IS THERE SUCH THING AS "GOOD" RISK?
CALCULATED RISK IS NORMALLY "LOW" RISK.

remember the cheap price of a great stock never wait until you are ready to buy with full certainty to win
be fair to he newbie to tell the truth, never over emphasized,even though believe your strategy is the best or the safest

ME: NO, I NEVER OVEREMPHASIZE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE "HIGH" RISK TO GET HIGH RETURN. YOU CAN GET HIGH RETURN FROM LOW RISK INVESTMENT IN STOCKS.

NOTE THE WORD "HIGH".

aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by aseng > 2017-07-11 18:38 | Report Abuse

1. do not be so agressively , I am just sharing my view

2. read carefully , you great sifu, what I am talking ain't what you are preaching

Posted by kcchongnz > Jul 11, 2017 06:28 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by aseng > Jul 11, 2017 06:19 PM | Report Abuse

ME:YES, NEVER"PLAY SHARE TRADING". IT IS SPECULATING AND I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU IT IS A LOSER GAME.

ME: IS THERE SUCH THING AS "GOOD" RISK?
CALCULATED RISK IS NORMALLY "LOW" RISK.

ME: NO, I NEVER OVEREMPHASIZE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE "HIGH" RISK TO GET HIGH RETURN. YOU CAN GET HIGH RETURN FROM LOW RISK INVESTMENT IN STOCKS.

NOTE THE WORD "HIGH".

aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by aseng > 2017-07-11 18:43 | Report Abuse

KC

read carefully,

do you know what i said about low risk is what you said low risk , the risk calculated by those strategy you preached .
are you going to tell me , your strategy only works for you and you only ?????
you are very funny

aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by aseng > 2017-07-11 18:49 | Report Abuse

Posted by kcchongnz > Jul 11, 2017 06:28 PM | Report Abuse

Me: remember the cheap price of a great stock never wait until you are ready to buy with full certainty to win

KC: .... YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE "HIGH" RISK TO GET HIGH RETURN. YOU CAN GET HIGH RETURN FROM LOW RISK INVESTMENT IN STOCKS.

NOTE THE WORD "HIGH".

1. my key word is "wait" not high

2. d not try to confuse people by emphasizing the word "HIGH"

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-07-11 18:56 | Report Abuse

aseng,

Ok, I agree with you.

I did agree with you that your calculated risk is low risk, didn't I?

I did emphasize that one shouldn't take high risk and hope for high return. But that is not saying you are taking high risk. It is a reminder to the public not to take high risk and risk losing a lot of money.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz