1,258 posts

Posted by Hush77 > 2018-05-07 10:33 | Report Abuse

see his speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUF1mWUjcAE

does he sound like what you say he is.

teoct

480 posts

Posted by teoct > 2018-05-07 10:34 | Report Abuse

Those who promise us paradise on earth never produced anything but hell - Karl Popper.

Jeffbkt

130 posts

Posted by Jeffbkt > 2018-05-07 10:40 | Report Abuse

Please respect each others view and right to vote and don't underestimate others intellectual as though they need you to teach them. If you cannot accept others view why you must insist your view on others.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:04 | Report Abuse

倒屎最适合你了,KLCI king,乱花钱的政府你也想支持
karma will take care of you KLCI king, 18 stories condo hell is now your new home

elbrutus

1,453 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2018-05-07 11:09 | Report Abuse

guys ...r we in a free cuntry where freedom of speech r permitted or ....r we really fxcked until d next time we wanted to fart ...we must raise our hands n ask ...sir ..i like to gas pls ...hahaha ...so ..where do we stand ????

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:10 | Report Abuse

Time Magazine quoted an economist at Morgan Stanley in Singapore as saying that the country might have lost as much as US$100 billion since the early 1980s to corruption. Under former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir's 22 years term, there were monetary losses amounting to over at least hundred of billions of ringgit and this excluded those unaccounted for, and irretrievable.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:10 | Report Abuse

Mahathir used his position and power to intercept and/or to bail out his children or to give them special benefits and also to his cronies.

These include:

•Forex scandal in early 90s : RM30 billion

•The Perwaja Steel Scandal : RM10 billion [2]

•Bank Bumi scandal: RM10 billion [3]Past Scandals – Bank Bumiputra

•Maminco-Makuwasa Affair RM1.6 Billion[4]

•Mahathir used Petronas as a ‘bank’ to bail out many cronies' companies, banks etc.

xxxx

1,349 posts

Posted by xxxx > 2018-05-07 11:12 | Report Abuse

To all you clever people: If BN is bad, and PH is also bad, why not you clever nincompoops vote PAS. If Najib is bad and Tun M is also bad, then the other choice is Hadi, for you nincompoops. If you do that then your brain is situated in your bottom.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:14 | Report Abuse

废除GST只是一个宣传武器,最重要的是人民需要踢出一个乱花钱的政府

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:15 | Report Abuse

I just hope more young people will be ready to make this nation better and not give up on Malaysia.

Malaysia is God gifted country and all people that I know regardless of races, be it Malay, Chinese or Indian, are loving this country. We all like brothers & sisters living in a big family, we all care & love each other.

I always thankful & proud to be Malaysian.

I feel sad over the options that I have in this GE14, may be God has his plan on this country, of which is beyond my knowledge & sight, I can only hope all will be well to this country & to all her people.

fl888

7,535 posts

Posted by fl888 > 2018-05-07 11:15 | Report Abuse

This fellow talk cock, he is a BN crony....PH will win without your vote...

teoct

480 posts

Posted by teoct > 2018-05-07 11:16 | Report Abuse

Seriously, a person like Dr M will change?!? I would like to be proven wrong.

As a Malaysian, it is so sad that we have no better choice?!? Come on there must be someone out there like Macron, New Zealand's Ardern, what's with the youth? Too late now, hopefully next GE.

Worse of all relying on blatant lies - bankrupt my foot! GST is bad for the country, gosh so naive, 160 other countries are wrong is it???, and the poor 2 million (and you all know who they mainly are) who pay income tax have to be relied on to continue to hold the whole country up while the remaining 28 millions (and you know who they mainly are) enjoy the country's hospital, roads, airports, ports, schools, etc without paying for the country upkeep. You call this justices?!? All Malaysian can pay and should pay, irregardless of colour of skin (white, yellow, chocolate, green) or even aliens from outer space.

Corruption, yes I also do not like. But please put your hand to your heart and said that you do not pay the traffic police to escape fine? Seriously. If you (majority of Malaysian) can do that than maybe, maybe, we can talk about change.

Serious changes like ensuring judges are appointed by a commission make up of prominent Malaysian, PM should not be finance minister, MACC to be answerable to Parliament, EC to be totally revamp and isolated from any political parties etc - then lets talk. Not lies.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:16 | Report Abuse

You are either blind or brainless, please read properly on the article & my comments before talking rubbish

Tom 倒屎最适合你了,KLCI king,乱花钱的政府你也想支持
karma will take care of you KLCI king, 18 stories condo hell is now your new home
07/05/2018 11:04

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:19 | Report Abuse

you are the one who talking rubbish, KLCI king, please read all my comments before you replying my comment

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:20 | Report Abuse

Tom, please put on your eyes & ears before talking, that's how many always talked without hearing what other said, always talk childishly.

KLCI King Najib is a rubbish, but Mahathir is even worse. Mahathir is the main factor that making what Malaysia is now.
07/05/2018 00:55

KLCI King I will not vote Najib but also definitely NOT MAHATHIR. I won't eat any of the two rotten apples.
07/05/2018 00:57

KLCI King I feel FUCKED over the choices that handed to me
07/05/2018 00:59

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:22 | Report Abuse

At which part of this article or comment section that I said I will vote for BN?

那也是的,你那只有比恐龙大一点的脑袋怎么会看得懂我写的东西?

Tom 倒屎最适合你了,KLCI king,乱花钱的政府你也想支持
07/05/2018 11:04

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:23 | Report Abuse

投废票啊,好厉害啊你 KLCI king

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:25 | Report Abuse

5年一届的大选投废票,你才幼稚

Posted by Bursalearner > 2018-05-07 11:27 | Report Abuse

@tecoct where were you when PH are giving ceramahs ?? at least go to youtube and check our hannah yeoh, yeoh bee yin and other PH speakers.
You will know these are some of the issues, the new PH govt will do and amend all the laws to make our system work for the rakyat.

'serious changes like ensuring judges are appointed by a commission make up of prominent Malaysian, PM should not be finance minister, MACC to be answerable to Parliament, EC to be totally revamp and isolated from any political parties etc - then lets talk. Not lies.'

#BinaHarapan: Institutional Reform For a Greater Malaysia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-dWsVAVVSg

Hannah Yeoh: When You Send Me Into ParIiament, I Want To Fight For A Safer Nation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbMBZ00I1RI

Hannah Yeoh "Whatever it takes to fix this country, let's do it together" - 5 May 2018 at TTDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FXTh1qbfQ

TERKINI:YEO BEE YIN-NEGARA DIPANGGIL KLEPTOKRASI KERANA DITADBIR OLEH LANUN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CtA-xYQfk

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:27 | Report Abuse

Can Mahathir execute all these when he was the one causing all these problems when he was in Power:

Serious changes like ensuring judges are appointed by a commission make up of prominent Malaysian

PM should not be finance minister

MACC to be answerable to Parliament

EC to be totally revamp and isolated from any political parties

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:28 | Report Abuse

KLCI king 说,投废票就能换政府了,lol! 这就是他想表达的重点
大家说KLCI king 幼稚不幼稚?

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:30 | Report Abuse

还是你想说投独立人士就能换政府了? lol!

Posted by Bursalearner > 2018-05-07 11:32 | Report Abuse

@KLCI King pls trust n support the wisdom of PH leaders to make this decision, to work with Tun M.
Nothing worthwhile comes without risks. do you have a better, solution ?
Important to put in a new PH govnt NOW , let them work hard to change the political system work n you can vote PH out after 5 yrs, if you not satisfy with the results.

Posted by Bursalearner > 2018-05-07 11:33 | Report Abuse

@KLCI King pls trust n support the wisdom of PH leaders to make this decision, to work with Tun M.
Nothing worthwhile comes without risks. do you have a better, solution ?
Important to put in a new PH govnt NOW , let them work hard to change the political system , and make it work for the raykat.
you can vote PH out after 5 yrs, if you not satisfy with the results.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:33 | Report Abuse

Thank you, Bursalearner

#BinaHarapan: Institutional Reform For a Greater Malaysia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-dWsVAVVSg

Hannah Yeoh: When You Send Me Into ParIiament, I Want To Fight For A Safer Nation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbMBZ00I1RI

Hannah Yeoh "Whatever it takes to fix this country, let's do it together" - 5 May 2018 at TTDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FXTh1qbfQ

TERKINI:YEO BEE YIN-NEGARA DIPANGGIL KLEPTOKRASI KERANA DITADBIR OLEH LANUN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CtA-xYQfk

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:35 | Report Abuse

Tom, 在你眼中,顺我者昌逆我者亡,政治就是这么简单,是吗?

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2018-05-07 11:35 | Report Abuse

@KLCI King, Before Tun M joins opposition pack, he already agreed to all the terms and conditions stipulate by PKR, Amanah and DAP.
If you do not know the detail, don not simply tembak here and there to confuse the voters and the public.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-05-07 11:36 | Report Abuse

MAHATHIR ROLE THIS 2 TO 3 YRS IF PH WINS....IS PUT UP THE NECESSARY REFORM TO MINIMISE ABUSE OF POWER, CHECK CORRUPTION AND SET UP CHECK & BALANCE SYSTEM, HE WOULD NOT BE LONG AS PM...HE WILL HAND POWER TO ANWAR AFTER THAT MAH....!! THIS IS A SLOW PROCESS EVEN USA NEED TO TAKE MORE THAN 300 YRS TO REACH WHAT IS TODAY USA MAH....!!

YES I KNOW, ALOT OF CHINESE ARE LOOKING FOR EQUALITY...BUT THIS COULD ONLY BE DONE OVER TIME MAH...!!

RAIDER SEE THIS LOH...!!
THE CHINESE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR IMMEDIATE EQUALITY LOH....!!

1.THEY WANT A RELATIVE CLEAN GOVY FREE FROM CORRUPTION & ABUSE OF POWER.
2. THEY WANT A GOVT THEY CAN GUARANTEE SECURITY & FOLLOW RULE OF LAW.
3. THEY WANT A GOVT THAT CAN IMPROVE THE EDUCATION SYSTEM AND HEALTH CARE.
4. THEY WANT INFRA TO BE TAKEN CARE PF.
5. THEY DON WANT A GOVT THAT BELIEVE IN DIVIDE & RULE LOH...!!

DEFINITELY MAHATHIR IS BETTER THAN NAJIB ON THIS MAH...!!

Posted by teoct > May 7, 2018 11:16 AM | Report Abuse

Seriously, a person like Dr M will change?!? I would like to be proven wrong.

As a Malaysian, it is so sad that we have no better choice?!? Come on there must be someone out there like Macron, New Zealand's Ardern, what's with the youth? Too late now, hopefully next GE.

Worse of all relying on blatant lies - bankrupt my foot! GST is bad for the country, gosh so naive, 160 other countries are wrong is it???, and the poor 2 million (and you all know who they mainly are) who pay income tax have to be relied on to continue to hold the whole country up while the remaining 28 millions (and you know who they mainly are) enjoy the country's hospital, roads, airports, ports, schools, etc without paying for the country upkeep. You call this justices?!? All Malaysian can pay and should pay, irregardless of colour of skin (white, yellow, chocolate, green) or even aliens from outer space.

Corruption, yes I also do not like. But please put your hand to your heart and said that you do not pay the traffic police to escape fine? Seriously. If you (majority of Malaysian) can do that than maybe, maybe, we can talk about change.

Serious changes like ensuring judges are appointed by a commission make up of prominent Malaysian, PM should not be finance minister, MACC to be answerable to Parliament, EC to be totally revamp and isolated from any political parties etc - then lets talk. Not lies.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-05-07 11:38 | Report Abuse

wellsaid raider

xxxx

1,349 posts

Posted by xxxx > 2018-05-07 11:39 | Report Abuse

KLCI King: "Hope springs eternal in the human breast." I will vote opposition in the hope things will be better, if not there is always the next election where I will make amends. After all, we have given BN 61 years. Why can't we give PH 5?

vguy69

29 posts

Posted by vguy69 > 2018-05-07 11:40 | Report Abuse

@Are corruption scandal happen only to Najib's adminisstration? No. Earlier administration including Mahathir's have fair share of it.

@Why are these scandals getting bigger and bigger in number from BMF scandal in Mahathir's time to 1MDB now? The erosion of our check and balance mechanism which include all the institutions such as anti corruption agency, judiciary etc.

@Frankly for the task to restore this check and balance mechanism, who I trust more? PH lah!
But can't PH win without Mahathir? Very unlikely loh, some more PAS is eroding PH's Malay support.

@So I am in a dilemma that I want PH to win but I do not want Mahathir to be part of it until I hear an example given by Hishamuddin Rais. In WW2, western democracy US, UK and France collaborated with arch rival communist Soviet Union to defeat German Nazi. When face with greater evil, there is no choice but to collaborate with lesser evil. So nothing is perfect in this world, so just settle for the better solution, no best solution.

@So what's wrong with collaborating with Tun, furthermore he has apologized for many of his past mistakes and the one family who should hate him more is Anwar's family, but demi Negara, they accept him. And I salute Tun for his courage and perseverence. He successfully brought down a few PM previously :) so I hope he will be successful this time.

@PH is not just about Tun Mahathir, Lim Kit Siang, Mat Sabu or even Anwar, they will be retired soon, we should look to the young blood like Rafizi Ramli, Mujahid Yusof Rawa, Tony Pua, Liew Chin Tong, Nik Omar Nik Aziz, Fahmi Fadzil, Syed Saddiq and many more.

Hidup Rakyat, Semoga Malaysia selamat and sejahtera!

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2018-05-07 11:40 | Report Abuse

你管mathir上位会什么的,他再过几年就可能不在了,重点是踢出乱花钱的政府

Posted by Bursalearner > 2018-05-07 11:41 | Report Abuse

@anonymous you are so experienced, know so much, pls can you teach us how to vote on Wed. 9th May ? thnks.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-07 11:41 | Report Abuse

呵呵,这个我其实还蛮认同的

Tom 你管mathir上位会什么的,他再过几年就可能不在了,重点是踢出乱花钱的政府
07/05/2018 11:40

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-05-07 11:43 | Report Abuse

IF RM 2.6 BILLION MASUK MO1 BANK ACCOUNT.....WHO BELIEVE THE GOVT ANYMORE LEH ????

THIS IS THE WORSE....HAPPEN TO MSIA MAH....!!

VERY LOW CREDIBILITY FAR WORSE FROM PREVIOUSLY MAH...!!

THATS WHY NEED TO QUICKLY CHANGE B4 TOO LATE MAH....!!

Posted by vguy69 > May 7, 2018 11:40 AM | Report Abuse

@Are corruption scandal happen only to Najib's adminisstration? No. Earlier administration including Mahathir's have fair share of it.

@Why are these scandals getting bigger and bigger in number from BMF scandal in Mahathir's time to 1MDB now? The erosion of our check and balance mechanism which include all the institutions such as anti corruption agency, judiciary etc.

@Frankly for the task to restore this check and balance mechanism, who I trust more? PH lah!
But can't PH win without Mahathir? Very unlikely loh, some more PAS is eroding PH's Malay support.

@So I am in a dilemma that I want PH to win but I do not want Mahathir to be part of it until I hear an example given by Hishamuddin Rais. In WW2, western democracy US, UK and France collaborated with arch rival communist Soviet Union to defeat German Nazi. When face with greater evil, there is no choice but to collaborate with lesser evil. So nothing is perfect in this world, so just settle for the better solution, no best solution.

@So what's wrong with collaborating with Tun, furthermore he has apologized for many of his past mistakes and the one family who should hate him more is Anwar's family, but demi Negara, they accept him. And I salute Tun for his courage and perseverence. He successfully brought down a few PM previously :) so I hope he will be successful this time.

@PH is not just about Tun Mahathir, Lim Kit Siang, Mat Sabu or even Anwar, they will be retired soon, we should look to the young blood like Rafizi Ramli, Mujahid Yusof Rawa, Tony Pua, Liew Chin Tong, Nik Omar Nik Aziz, Fahmi Fadzil, Syed Saddiq and many more.

Hidup Rakyat, Semoga Malaysia selamat and sejahtera!

Hush77

1,258 posts

Posted by Hush77 > 2018-05-07 11:44 | Report Abuse

the way the mkt is moving, its like B-End is gonna lose..

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:46 | Report Abuse

Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir was appointed as Proton advisor In 2003. Since 1999, MV Agusta was heavily in debt, and the manufacturer was bought by Proton in December 2004 for €70 million. However, the Proton management decided to sell the stake to GEVI SpA, a Genoa-based financing company related to Carige, in December 2005, just for a token one euro.

During the selling negotiation process, there were a lot of Malaysian voices to object the deal, however, all was ignored by Proton. As the result, the selling deal caused Malaysian taxpayers facing total losses of 138.4 Million Euro (RM1.92 B), including the assets that MV Agusta have.

Malaysia corruption society root cause start from Tun Mahathir era's bail out to son and cronies company etc. At the UMNO General Assembly in 1998, a leading Anwar supporter, Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, criticised the government for not doing enough to combat corruption and cronyism.

According to "Malaysian Maverick", Tun Mahathir era costed RM 100 Billion in taxpayers' money. This included misuse of national reserve on silver price speculating and BNM's forex speculating under Tun Mahathir's order.

Pavillion

3,100 posts

Posted by Pavillion > 2018-05-07 11:47 | Report Abuse

BN are sophisticated !

That cilaka collected RM44B in GST from us, then used that money to buy vote thru BRIM etc, paying RM7B to 7 million people i.e. 50% of registered voter mostly kampung people for BRIM alone.

And go around the country like Hero or Santa Claus promised and handout our money to anybody on the streets as long as they can cling to the power!

So stop arguing GST or whatever systems or policies is good or not, if you deal with bad people.....sure you get shits at the end!!

Hush77

1,258 posts

Posted by Hush77 > 2018-05-07 11:47 | Report Abuse

i like the "new" leaders of harapan.... Nik Omar Nik Aziz, azmin, syed saddiq, and rafizi although he is going to jail soon.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-05-07 11:48 | Report Abuse

YES BN IS BYGONE BYGONE LOH....!!

MKT WILL LOSE MONIES BCOS BN BYGONE....BUT BETTER TO HAVE SHORT TERM PAIN BUT LONG TERM GAIN MAH....!!

DARE TO CHANGE MAH....!! IF IT CANNOT WORK....CHANGE FOR THE BETTER LOH...!!

CHANGE BN TO PH LOH....!!

Posted by Hush77 > May 7, 2018 11:44 AM | Report Abuse

the way the mkt is moving, its like B-End is gonna lose..

Posted by dadakang_chiakchitor > 2018-05-07 11:49 | Report Abuse

no matter how you run the logic simulations, current scandal must be punished.

if we vote the present in power with stronger mandate, we are just sending a wrong message, these politicians will think the people are supporting their wrong doing.

post this GE, the mastermind behind the whole scandal need to be hunted down & bring to justice. We only see & read about the Jho Low. He cannot be scheming this whole thing without help. There should be at least another hidden mastermind to this. This mastermind need to be hunted down as well.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:49 | Report Abuse

Malaysia used to be the world’s leading tin producer accounting for 31% of the world’s output. It was a major contributor to the country’s economy providing employment for more than 40,000 people.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:49 | Report Abuse

In 1985 the world tin market crashed with the price plunging by 50%. Many tin mines in Malaysia had to close as it was no longer economical to operate the tin mines. One of the factors that contributed to the collapse of the tin market is the ill-fated attempt by the Malaysian government to corner the tin market and to prop up the tin price.

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2018-05-07 11:50 | Report Abuse

IGNORE THE A-HOLE. GO VOTE PH AND THE MARKET WILL PROSPER. CHEERS

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:50 | Report Abuse

This is the Maminco scandal that is usually found at the top of the lists of scandals and bail-outs plaguing Malaysia since Mahathir became the PM. This is probably because it was the earliest scandal occurring immediately after Mahathir became the PM in 1981. Although not the largest loss in terms of value, it still caused a loss estimated to be RM1.6 billion or more.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:50 | Report Abuse

In this crooked scheme, a RM2 company Maminco Sdn. Bhd. was set up and was used to secretly buy tin future contracts and physical tin in order to push up prices on the London Metal Exchange. To finance its covert activities, Maminco obtained financing from Bank Bumiputra – naturally. At one point, this RM2 company was borrowing astronomical amounts from the bank – as much as RM1.5 billion.

gohkimhock

2,949 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2018-05-07 11:51 | Report Abuse

eh, suddenly @stockraider went from BN supporter to become a PH supporter? Or did I read it wrongly? Haha..

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:51 | Report Abuse

When you can't counter the facts, don't stood so low to call people names.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:52 | Report Abuse

Initially, they succeeded in pushing up the tin price artifically. But the higher prices stimulated increased tin production and resulted in the US releasing its strategic stockpile. The tin price could not be maintained at the artificially high level for long and eventually it collapsed.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-07 11:53 | Report Abuse

Undertaking this Maminco scheme is already bad enough. But instead of admitting their mistake, Mahathir and his merry band cooked up another scheme to hide the losses incurred by Maminco from the Malaysian public. Another RM2 company called Makuwasa was set up.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz