4 people like this.

71 comment(s). Last comment by 3iii 2018-09-04 08:05

value88

705 posts

Posted by value88 > 2018-08-06 18:30 | Report Abuse

probability, thanks. I enjoy your sharing in this i3forum too.
Some people in i3 forum are here to attract student, subscriber or investor, thus, they have to show their power and try to win in every arguments bcos they need to preserve their reputation.
For normal investor like me (I think u too) are not here for that purpose, therefore, we should argue less and learn more.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-06 18:33 | Report Abuse

perfectly agreed.... keep voicing your opinions... i3 needs more comments from sensible people like you..

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-06 18:44 | Report Abuse

Whats the point of winning an argument.

You win or lose argument, does not mean your thesis is correct or wrong.

The goal is to find out what is right. And act accordingly.

You want to find the leng profit, need to go back almost 10 years. And you need to assume that all the factories in china won't reopen. You so sure boh?

China used to say they want to deleverage, barely 6 month later, when market slow down, they lower the capital requirements for banks in order to stimulate market.

They can turn around on policies.

I'm not saying he's analysis is wrong, he could very well predict next quarter. But this is a guy trying to jump over 7 foot pole. His margin of safety very low.

You see 2017 Q, everyone think sure super earning happen, show you a loss, why also you dunno.

I hope you guys make money, but i have no idea how to make this money.

In any event, people who write post predicting quarter result, rarely stick around to see it.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-06 18:55 | Report Abuse

HENGYUAN Q2 EPS, Just 19 cents
Author: FutureEyes | Publish date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017, 09:50 PM

21-May-2018 results released 28.94 cents

Q3 EPS: HENGYUAN 130 cents, PETRONM 30 cents
Author: FutureEyes | Publish date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 09:03 PM

30-Nov-2017 results released 120.59 cents

HENGYUAN - Q1 2018 EPS 25 cents
Author: FutureEyes | Publish date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018, 01:36 AM

21-May-2018 results released 28.94 cents

Predicting earnings does not matter?

Guess it does not matter if HY price moves up to 19 and comes down 6... lol!

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-06 18:57 | Report Abuse

Ok soojinhou...posted abive before seeing your posting. Thanks for the sharings..

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2018-08-06 19:16 | Report Abuse

I do not belittle people for doing in-depth research, I do not belittle people for spending time writing up their work and sharing with public. We need good content in i3. Whether the forecast is correct or not is moot, whether the article leads people to riches or holland doesn't matter. I also don't patronize others claiming my method is superior and others are crap. Most of all, I appreciate good content. So thanks to FutureEye for excellent content. The whole article consists of extensive network of data points taken from numerous sources, it took the author tremendous effort to piece together the whole picture. For that, his effort should be commended, not belittled.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-06 19:24 | Report Abuse

exactly soojinhou, only those who had prepared such an article before knows the level of effort involved.

Results no one can guarantee, one has to take calculated risks

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-06 19:35 | Report Abuse

I wasn't aware that future eyes was doing charity.

So one should also commend bonescythe and pump and dump operations?

People write articles predicting quarters or sudden earnings, because they intend to take advantage of the price going up, and sell before the results come out.

You don't notice how result come out, it pops maybe 2-3% then goes down?

He post is definitely way above bonescythe etc, and he's likely to be more ethical than them.

But its not something worth commending as if he go to orphanage every weekend.

Imagine, he has RM250K in before he post the article, one post make him RM7.5k easy.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you are not paying for it, he ain't selling to you, you're the product!

If it was truly this amazing and this cheap. He will diam and just buy.

The only time people post is because

1) they are not sure and want feedback.
2) its so obvious anyone can see.
3) they want to sell to you (some do it in a far more unethical manner).

Next time when i buy car, i will commend my salesman for being good salesmen and manage to make me buy car and the upgrades summore.

======================================================================
Posted by soojinhou > Aug 6, 2018 07:16 PM | Report Abuse

I do not belittle people for doing in-depth research, I do not belittle people for spending time writing up their work and sharing with public. We need good content in i3. Whether the forecast is correct or not is moot, whether the article leads people to riches or holland doesn't matter. I also don't patronize others claiming my method is superior and others are crap. Most of all, I appreciate good content. So thanks to FutureEye for excellent content. The whole article consists of extensive network of data points taken from numerous sources, it took the author tremendous effort to piece together the whole picture. For that, his effort should be commended, not belittled.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-06 19:44 | Report Abuse

I don't see why the integrity and ability of WC is in question here.

Is his integrity and ability dependent only on profit?

Put a top management in a rubbish industry, or an industry whose moat is destroyed, and they will look stupid.

Was the management of STAR genius last time, and stupid today? I dont think so. I think they were just normal people, who were in a a really good industry that turned into a really bad one.

WC last time everyday buy back parkson share because it was cheap. Very shareholder minded. His companies are all conservatively capitalized.

His reputation dont need any more building.

His only fault is not being a genius and getting out of certain industries early. Something anyone can fall for.

===================================================================================
Ooi Teik Bee Dear sherlock,
I agree with you. In actual fact, you are very good and sharp.

To be honest with you, earning and PER of Lionind is the best among 4 major steel stocks.
Most investors are not happy with the management of WC.

It takes time for WC to build his reputation.
Hope WC turns into a new leaf.
Thank you.
Ooi
04/08/2018 17:36

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-06 19:51 | Report Abuse

Having said so much, yeah, this is the best pick for steel i think.

I just think as pretty much everyone here betting that this round quarter will be better on QOQ and YOY basis.

Its damn risky, and it has gone up already, how much left is there to price in.

Whats the expected value? I really don't know the answer.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-06 20:02 | Report Abuse

the below is a very wrong concept to have..

a salesman does not own the cars he sells to you

look at it in another context...

many times durian traders will have to buy the musangking at high price due their own 'perceived value of the durians'..and then ensure that they can sell at a higher price within a certain time frame..like call warrants

there is nothing wrong for them making money in exchange to the value they offer to the buyers...

in this case, they create value by "making the durians accessible" to the buyers..

the same way, an article written to expose the real value of a stock should be welcomed.....

its a win/win interaction

you can ask Icon, how many times he would have bought at a higher price than the time he wrote the articles...

having the ability to know the true values of a stock can be a blessing in disguise especially when we have lots of 'professor like idiots' in bursa and i3....

Posted by Jon Choivo > Aug 6, 2018 07:35 PM | Report Abuse

The only time people post is because

1) they are not sure and want feedback.
2) its so obvious anyone can see.
3) they want to sell to you (some do it in a far more unethical manner).

Next time when i buy car, i will commend my salesman for being good salesmen and manage to make me buy car and the upgrades summore.

tftey

326 posts

Posted by tftey > 2018-08-07 16:05 | Report Abuse

Good job done FutureEyes Thank You

tftey

326 posts

Posted by tftey > 2018-08-07 16:14 | Report Abuse

Downside risk is about 10% but upside opportunity at 50% at current price RM0.88.

FutureEyes

102 posts

Posted by FutureEyes > 2018-08-09 19:36 | Report Abuse

Iron ore cost-effective for steel mills as price diverges from scrap

http://blogs.platts.com/2018/03/08/iron-ore-steel-mills-price-diverges-scrap/

Over the past five years, the price differential between domestic scrap and iron ore imports has averaged $200/mt. However, since scrap prices began to elevate precipitously in October 2017, the differential increased to a high of $332/mt in late December.

FutureEyes

102 posts

Posted by FutureEyes > 2018-08-11 15:19 | Report Abuse

The upgrade to 900,000 ton/yr was done in 2006 from 800,000 ton/yr in 2005.

This means the actual throughput potential is much higher than what C.S Tan mentioned in 2004 where it had produced 825,000 tons the previous year with effective productivity measures.

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/subscribe/4235/option2#/?category=AR

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-11 15:41 | Report Abuse

I think the stock market should be treated as a chess game, a war, You die better than I die. Plenty of liquidity, plenty of margin accounts, plenty of syndicates. Let the lucky ones survive.

But I don't promote fake news like this fellow....

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/600168169.jsp

I think the authorities should close them down.....Fake news is very damaging......margin accounts, perfectly legit, perfectly legal.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-08-17 08:26 | Report Abuse

here we go again, blogs coming out

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-08-17 08:26 | Report Abuse

more to come

Leonardo12

178 posts

Posted by Leonardo12 > 2018-08-18 10:53 | Report Abuse

Hi Future Eyes, may i know where you get the value for the electrical tariff, RM0.0152 per kwh? Thank you.

3iii

12,847 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-09-04 08:05 | Report Abuse

PE 1. Why? How?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz