5 people like this.

118 comment(s). Last comment by AmateurApprentice 2019-04-09 09:49

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-26 23:59 | Report Abuse

I would also like to put my KYY disclaimer here, I dont need anyone to buy this stock to push the price up for me. The stock is horrible, no one is even thinking of buying this stock (so much the better for me). I am not looking for a trading price for me to sell, but a long term increase in earnings to pay a good dividend and share buybacks that will reward long term shareholders automatically. My preferable holding period is forever, but I will monitor closely every quarter to decide if the business fundamentals have changed and I need to drop the stock in a hurry.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-26 23:59 | Report Abuse

GKENT is paying me 6% a year to hold the stock, so hold it I will.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-03-27 07:42 | Report Abuse

Good morning biz partner. May your biz brings your bountiful return. Mr philip fisher

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2019-03-27 07:44 | Report Abuse

Your interest of margin is higher than those offered by cimb at 4.95%

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-27 08:08 | Report Abuse

True. But the story is still the same. You are paying 4.95% for the use of risky leverage and possibility of your share price dropping. If you capital shrinks on risky investments, your losses are very much magnified.

How do you counter that? My method is to pick a good business that never loses money, pays out currently 6% dividends, and has been oversold so much that any good news ( like lrt3 award) will float the company back up to the rm2 level.

That is how I believe you should play with margin. Not those crazy run o&g pump and dump investments.

Win big, lose big.

No dividends.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-27 15:50 | Report Abuse

Outlook. GKent is targeting to grow profit contribution from metering division to 50% (from 20%) in the short term and to 75% in the longer term given the slowdown in domestic construction industry. The company is looking for potential M&A opportunities and also may form strategic alliances to expand geographical markets and diversify products range...............

meaning what? meaning they are expecting the construction division to die off eventually....and u will run out of patience before u see any profits.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-27 16:51 | Report Abuse

all contractors have miserable margins of late.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-27 17:08 | Report Abuse

I wouldn't say 20% net profit margins and 15% roe as miserable, and paying 6% dividends I find very very attractive.

How many other contractors have such margins and dividend payouts and net cash assets in bank? I am very interested to know

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-27 17:09 | Report Abuse

So far I'm not running out of profits la, got 3.5 cent dividend next week, and a history of paying dividends even through good times and bad...

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-27 17:10 | Report Abuse

The question is what so I do with the 35k in dividends? Buy more shares? Pare off my margin loan?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-27 17:36 | Report Abuse

jumping from top blue chips to an LRT contractor that can bankrupt the company if things go wrong..........that is a big shift.

in any case....next 2-3 quarters got to face disappointing results.....according to analysts.

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2019-03-27 17:41 | Report Abuse

3.00 in 3 months? 1 year also cannot....if can maybank sendiri buy why wanna lend u to buy? 1.12 to 3.00 almost 300% in 3 months,sure take boleh.even 1 year also tak boleh

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2019-03-27 17:44 | Report Abuse

u better buy the 4d wif your brokerage commission or maybank fees easier so u won't lost more than that....hahaha

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2019-03-27 17:45 | Report Abuse

less risk 3204 gkent stock code.....3204 200 big 200 small if strike 1st prize 1.2 mil if lose only 400 much less than your brokerage fees and maybank fees.....hahaha

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-27 18:56 | Report Abuse

? Stockraider say it will hit rm 3 in 3 years and 3 months time Woh.... What are you smoking?

leolai

4 posts

Posted by leolai > 2019-03-27 22:46 | Report Abuse

Gkent is widely known to be connected to the old government. Unlikely to get any more lucrative contracts from the PH govt. They are also mostly water meter business. Just wonder how efficient can they be in construction now that they have to tender competitively to get any job

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-27 22:49 | Report Abuse

I share same sentiment as lai

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-27 22:50 | Report Abuse

worry not, PH won't be here for long

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-27 23:00 | Report Abuse

don't think Maybank so smart to buy themselves also

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-27 23:41 | Report Abuse

Their results so far 277 million from construction, 19 million from infrastructure (operations and management of water treatment plant), and only 133 million from water metering business.

1. They are not mostly water meter business. In fact they are mostly specialized construction ( hospitals, water treatment plant and rail transit), which your normal general contractors usually don't have the capability to do.

2. Unlikely to get any more lucrative contracts from pH government is also slightly untrue. They have received the biggest contract so far from pH government at 11.8 billion ringgit. Biggest award so far since change government. The lucrative part you may be right, because it is no longer a project delivery partner contract, it has been novated into a fixed price contract, which in this case means any delay or cost overrun will be absorbed by gkent and mrcb. However, in this new scenario, gkent gets to do everything instead of just monitoring, so they have a bigger share of the pie which no longer needs to be shared with najib and rosmah cronies. You no longer have to award bloated contracts to gamuda etc, but you can sub to your own reliable contractors from China who can do twice as fast, twice as cheap.

At least that is what I think is happening la. Time to wait and see and eat some popcorn.

>>>>>
Gkent is widely known to be connected to the old government. Unlikely to get any more lucrative contracts from the PH govt. They are also mostly water meter business. Just wonder how efficient can they be in construction now that they have to tender competitively to get any job

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 02:38 | Report Abuse

4Q19 results. The exceptionally high gross profit margin in 4Q19 results (c.61%) was mainly due to recognition of VOs from LRT2 extension and management guides that this will not continue going forward.
Although the project is expected to commence in 2HCY19, we understand that meaningful profit contribution will only kick in from FY21 onwards.

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/ptres/49847.jsp

conclusion.......u have to look forward to 2-3 quarters of disappointing results.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 03:56 | Report Abuse

but the take away from this article is not the buy Gkent part..................but the part that u really need to focus and concentrate and not trade too often if , as a retail player, u want to show some success.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-28 07:17 | Report Abuse

This is most likely true, but having said that being paid 6% dividend a year and buying at the lowest price since end of 2015( when net was 28 million versus now at 84 million) makes it much more palatable.

And to be honest, if you forget about the political noise for a bit and only at the results, in 2019 disappointing year gkent did 430 million, 84 million in profits, and 38 million in dividends. For a company valued at 619 million.

If you contrast that to a company like vitrox, in 2019 vitrox did 394 million, 105 million and 22 million in dividends. For a company valued at 3.4 billion.

Did I get to the part where gkent has 200 million in net pure cash and the fact that LGE awarded 11.8 billion lrt3 contract to the mrcb/gkent jv?

Which do you think did the more disappointing result?

* This is only looking at past performance, which is worth nothing. Vitrox could be the next Apple for all we know. That's the problem with investing, is about future performance not past.

** If I had 3.4 billion, I could buy in its entirety: gkent(619)+choobee(206)+pphb(113)+Harrisons(266)+DKSH (370)+hibiscus (1715)+ star media(558). I would make far more in total value of dividends, assets and revenue than what VITROX is doing right now.

*** Ok it's around 400 million more, but if I could liquidate star and get that 300 million cash out and the 500 million in balance properties etc after liquidating it, it will be the best asset play ever.

>>>>>
conclusion.......u have to look forward to 2-3 quarters of disappointing results.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-28 07:29 | Report Abuse

Imagine if the management paid you 6% dividend every year while waiting for JAKS to complete it's IPP over a few quarters of disappointing results? That would be really having your cake and eating it too.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-28 07:36 | Report Abuse

LRT3 to resume at normal pace in 2H19. GKent-MRCB signed a turnkey (fixed-price) contract with the owner of the LRT3 project, Prasarana Malaysia (Prasarana) on 25 Jan 2019. This was followed by the novation of contracts from Prasarana to GKent-MRCB in regards to the work package contractors (WPC, sub-contractors) on 22 Feb 2019, thereby enabling GKent-MRCB to enter formal negotiations with the WPC's on the redesign and cost-cutting measures. Negotiations are currently underway and are estimated to complete by mid-2019, allowing works to resume in 2H19. Its outstanding construction orderbook stood at >MYR5bn, with a large portion comprising the LRT3 turnkey project.

>>>>>
Gkent and mrcb gets to jettison off all the bn cronies and redesign and cut costs by bringing in the proper companies that actually work instead of play politics. I know this because they called up my boss and I'm now in KL for the redesign proposal on the mechanical & electrical engineering portion as part of the NSC subcons. That's how I know gkent is worth investing in for the long term.
* Now you probably know who I work for haha.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 10:19 | Report Abuse

hard facts vs imaginations.......with enough imaginations, practically every share also can buy. ...Gkent, choobee, Harrisons, DKSH, Hibiscus, Sapura, Dayang, Jaks, Vitrox, Armada and every share also can buy. All depends on power of imagination. Its stock market ...

and with enough imaginations, 99.9% of the stocks are rubbish.

With enough imaginations, Dayang is the best share in the world at the moment, but hard facts suggest there are risks one has to take into account such as possible disappointing results and possible restructurings.

Hard facts without imaginations also cannot ......hard facts without imaginations likely will lead one to all the value traps.

Hard facts for Gkent suggest u have to face 2 -3 quarters of disappointing results. But with enough imaginations, it is the best opportunity in the world.

hard facts vs imaginations.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 10:38 | Report Abuse

This is not imagination but foresight of the future loh...!!

Dare to make the 1st move and to make your dream come true and fulfil your aspiration is highly important loh....!!

If no monies...Just borrow mah....this how most businessmen become highly successfu,l when they make low risk bet on high return prospects loh..!!

Bravo ...bravo...bravo.. to Philip flasher at least, he dare not like pondan 3iii loh.....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 10:19 AM | Report Abuse

hard facts vs imaginations.......with enough imaginations, practically every share also can buy. ...Gkent, choobee, Harrisons, DKSH, Hibiscus, Sapura, Dayang, Jaks, Vitrox, Armada and every share also can buy. All depends on power of imagination. Its stock market ...

and with enough imaginations, 99.9% of the stocks are rubbish.

With enough imaginations, Dayang is the best share in the world at the moment, but hard facts suggest there are risks one has to take into account such as possible disappointing results and possible restructurings.

Hard facts without imaginations also cannot ......hard facts without imaginations likely will lead one to all the value traps.

Hard facts for Gkent suggest u have to face 2 -3 quarters of disappointing results. But with enough imaginations, it is the best opportunity in the world.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 10:44 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 10:44 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 10:45 | Report Abuse

Posted by SHQuah > Mar 28, 2019 8:26 AM | Report Abuse

The differences between short sighted and long sighted person.
Now you don't see it, but when you miss the train, you will regret.

Bursalord
162 posts
Posted by Bursalord > Mar 28, 2019 10:15 AM | Report Abuse

Buy

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 10:49 | Report Abuse

With enough imaginations, every share also can buy. It figures if u believe in the Efficient Market Hypothesis. Every share also got + and - .....and in decision making, it all depends on what is given more weight.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 10:56 | Report Abuse

do not get confuse loh, it is foresight & not imagination, if u want to ensure your investment is a success loh....!!

Imagination is fantasy.

Foresight is current & future facts and six sense loh...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 10:49 AM | Report Abuse

With enough imaginations, every share also can buy. It figures if u believe in the Efficient Market Hypothesis. Every share also got + and - .....and in decision making, it all depends on what is given more weight.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 10:58 | Report Abuse

Just this morning, my wife tells me the best thing in the world are Reits...Her Reits only go up don't come down one in the last 2 years.....

Her measurement, as long as it beats her FDs.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:01 | Report Abuse

Your wife don have 6 sense loh....!!
It is all about foresight mah....!!

Very shallow loh...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 10:58 AM | Report Abuse

Just this morning, my wife tells me the best thing in the world are Reits...Her Reits only go up don't come down one in the last 2 years.....

Her measurement, as long as it beats her FDs.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 11:02 | Report Abuse

raider...you are just trolling.....so, have u cut loss on your Sapura already?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 11:07 | Report Abuse

People who are bullish on Dayang compares Dayang with Yinson, Dialog and Serba.................

This is power of imagination.

As long as it remains top volume share, people will believe any thing.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:12 | Report Abuse

U r not good enough in stockmarket, bcos making big need foresight plus six sense loh...!!

If like that, the best u can do is enjoy some entertainment in the stockmarket , u r not a serious investor....if u argue with me the importance of foresight & six sense in investment loh....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 11:02 AM | Report Abuse

raider...you are just trolling.....so, have u cut loss on your Sapura already?

qqq3
9038 posts
Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 11:07 AM | Report Abuse

People who are bullish on Dayang compares Dayang with Yinson, Dialog and Serba.................

This is power of imagination.

As long as it remains top volume share, people will believe any thing.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 11:17 | Report Abuse

raider.....I think the only reason u are still around is because like your partners , Calvin , you have 10% spread over 50 stocks......u can let your imagination run wild without much damage.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:25 | Report Abuse

When u have foresight plus 6 sense, why dismiss your in born exceptional god given talent leh ??

If u know what u r doing, it is investment mah.....!!

Yes Go for it, listen to your heart & jump in without doubt like thomas and without fear like david loh..!!

Ask yourself do u want to be simply trying to be moderate when u r really cocksure of surewin leh ??

Yes why u want to waste time and indulge in the academic of plus & minus....when behind our head already calculated big big very explosive surewin coming mah....!!

Just rush & get the ball quickly and play mah....!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 11:27 | Report Abuse

raider............must u go pollute every thread in the forum? Can u just disappear?

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:30 | Report Abuse

This is a powerful lesson....the psychology of investment the final advance chapter of investment loh...!!

People like u with no foresight, will find very hard to comprehend loh...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 11:27 AM | Report Abuse

raider............must u go pollute every thread in the forum? Can u just disappear?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 11:35 | Report Abuse

stockraider > Mar 28, 2019 11:30 AM | Report Abuse

This is a powerful lesson
========

raider...I know u enough to know your stock picking skills are horrible. ....so , just go away. Your trading skills just as bad.

Philips have a lot to teach the young budding investors.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:42 | Report Abuse

the way u talk bad about investment foresight....raider really have doubts in your ability loh...!!

some people have it but some people don't....!!

But if u don, do not despair loh, just enjoy some of stock market entertainment brings, but always keep it small...because u r not so special mah....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 11:35 AM | Report Abuse

stockraider > Mar 28, 2019 11:30 AM | Report Abuse

This is a powerful lesson
========

raider...I know u enough to know your stock picking skills are horrible. ....so , just go away. Your trading skills just as bad.

Philips have a lot to teach the young budding investors

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:43 | Report Abuse

GO GO GO....!!

Posted by Bursalord > Mar 28, 2019 11:41 AM | Report Abuse

shares of construction companies such as Gabungan AQRS Bhd, George Kent (M) Bhd and Lafarge Malaysia Bhd, which are linked to the possible contract wins in the project, had showed a rebound.

Bursalord
165 posts
Posted by Bursalord > Mar 28, 2019 11:42 AM | Report Abuse

George Kent (M) Bhd and Lafarge Malaysia Bhd, which are linked to the possible contract wins in the ecrl project,

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 11:47 | Report Abuse

raider....your sapura............cut loss already?

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/qqq3/199468.jsp

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 11:58 | Report Abuse

SUREWIN WHY CUT LOSS LEH ??

CORRECT ACTION BUY MORE LOH...!!

No wonder a person like u with no foresight will advice cut loss loh......!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 28, 2019 11:47 AM | Report Abuse

raider....your sapura............cut loss already?

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/qqq3/199468.jsp

newbie8080

2,727 posts

Posted by newbie8080 > 2019-03-28 12:07 | Report Abuse

@ (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip

Are you sure the company will be able to sustain the same dividend payout for the future?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 26, 2019 11:59 PM | Report Abuse

GKENT is paying me 6% a year to hold the stock, so hold it I will.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-28 12:08 | Report Abuse

ALTHOUGH RAIDER HAS BIG DISAGREEMENT WITH PHILIP FLASHER, BUT THE POSTING BELOW RAIDER IS TOTALLY IN AGRREMENT LOH..!!

ALOT OF FORESIGHT & WISDOM ARE SHOWN HERE, THAT qqq could not comprehend loh....!!

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 27, 2019 8:08 AM | Report Abuse

True. But the story is still the same. You are paying 4.95% for the use of risky leverage and possibility of your share price dropping. If you capital shrinks on risky investments, your losses are very much magnified.

How do you counter that? My method is to pick a good business that never loses money, pays out currently 6% dividends, and has been oversold so much that any good news ( like lrt3 award) will float the company back up to the rm2 level.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 27, 2019 5:08 PM | Report Abuse

I wouldn't say 20% net profit margins and 15% roe as miserable, and paying 6% dividends I find very very attractive.

How many other contractors have such margins and dividend payouts and net cash assets in bank? I am very interested to know.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 27, 2019 11:41 PM | Report Abuse

Their results so far 277 million from construction, 19 million from infrastructure (operations and management of water treatment plant), and only 133 million from water metering business.

1. They are not mostly water meter business. In fact they are mostly specialized construction ( hospitals, water treatment plant and rail transit), which your normal general contractors usually don't have the capability to do.

2. Unlikely to get any more lucrative contracts from pH government is also slightly untrue. They have received the biggest contract so far from pH government at 11.8 billion ringgit. Biggest award so far since change government. The lucrative part you may be right, because it is no longer a project delivery partner contract, it has been novated into a fixed price contract, which in this case means any delay or cost overrun will be absorbed by gkent and mrcb. However, in this new scenario, gkent gets to do everything instead of just monitoring, so they have a bigger share of the pie which no longer needs to be shared with najib and rosmah cronies. You no longer have to award bloated contracts to gamuda etc, but you can sub to your own reliable contractors from China who can do twice as fast, twice as cheap.

At least that is what I think is happening la. Time to wait and see and eat some popcorn.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 28, 2019 7:17 AM | Report Abuse

This is most likely true, but having said that being paid 6% dividend a year and buying at the lowest price since end of 2015( when net was 28 million versus now at 84 million) makes it much more palatable.

And to be honest, if you forget about the political noise for a bit and only at the results, in 2019 disappointing year gkent did 430 million, 84 million in profits, and 38 million in dividends. For a company valued at 619 million.

If you contrast that to a company like vitrox, in 2019 vitrox did 394 million, 105 million and 22 million in dividends. For a company valued at 3.4 billion.

Did I get to the part where gkent has 200 million in net pure cash and the fact that LGE awarded 11.8 billion lrt3 contract to the mrcb/gkent jv?

Which do you think did the more disappointing result?

* This is only looking at past performance, which is worth nothing. Vitrox could be the next Apple for all we know. That's the problem with investing, is about future performance not past.

** If I had 3.4 billion, I could buy in its entirety: gkent(619)+choobee(206)+pphb(113)+Harrisons(266)+DKSH (370)+hibiscus (1715)+ star media(558). I would make far more in total value of dividends, assets and revenue than what VITROX is doing right now.

*** Ok it's around 400 million more, but if I could liquidate star and get that 300 million cash out and the 500 million in balance properties etc after liquidating it, it will be the best asset play ever.

(70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip
1065 posts
Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 28, 2019 7:29 AM | Report Abuse

Imagine if the management paid you 6% dividend every year while waiting for JAKS to complete it's IPP over a few quarters of disappointing results? That would be really having your cake and eating it too.

3iii

12,703 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-03-28 12:25 | Report Abuse

>>>
Posted by stockraider > Mar 28, 2019 12:08 PM | Report Abuse

ALTHOUGH RAIDER HAS BIG DISAGREEMENT WITH PHILIP FLASHER, BUT THE POSTING BELOW RAIDER IS TOTALLY IN AGRREMENT LOH..!!

ALOT OF FORESIGHT & WISDOM ARE SHOWN HERE, THAT qqq could not comprehend loh....!!

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 27, 2019 8:08 AM | Report Abuse

>>>>

Like buying Hengyuan on margin. Learn from raider how not to trade in stocks.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-28 12:26 | Report Abuse

y 如鱼得水 > Mar 28, 2019 12:18 PM | Report Abuse

Last time 1.60 bil shares, now 16 bils shares.. consolidate 10 to1 lor, can get 3.30 ...
========

that is how stockraider will get his $ 3.30 per sapura.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz