4 people like this.

176 comment(s). Last comment by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart) 2019-12-28 07:16

PureBULL .

2,412 posts

Posted by PureBULL . > 2019-12-25 06:46 | Report Abuse

Hi Jerry kid,
I begin to believe the young ones r so smart nowadays.
Continue your passion in stock investing n excel u must.
Learn these words from all world best sport coachers:
Strengthen your weak pts to become your strong pts.

Know how to identify n learn from people w talent n skill.
Concentrate on their strong pts n never dwell w their weak pts.
After all, nobody's perfect except HIM.

Here's 3 ESSAY TOPICS for u to romance with:

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/purebull/2019-12-25-story-h148191739...

gemfinder

6,880 posts

Posted by gemfinder > 2019-12-25 09:56 | Report Abuse

Very pandai hor.. lost counter u all forgot, win counter u anounce using speaker.. wat alzhimer illness u hv? So great geh?

Philip Greta

4,785 posts

Posted by Philip Greta > 2019-12-25 10:06 | Report Abuse

3 cheers to the internet, the cheapest, most efficient source of self learning available.
!
I remember back in the day, I used to spend so much money to buy the dynaquest Bursa stock guide which come out yearly.

Then I started reading Moody's and learning about old man Warren buffet and his simple ( now realized so not simple) strategy.

And bought so many hard cover books which cost me thousands of ringgit.

Nowadays kids can just download pdf and read hard to find books online for free and get infinite knowledge.

Cultivate the urge and joy of reading, and never stop trying.

As for being to young to invest, I urge you to ignore sslee, and invest earlier.

You will have to make mistakes anyway, whether at 17 or at 50.

But better to make mistakes when you have time to recover and learn from it, than to make mistakes when you are too old to work it back.

Good luck Jerry, merry Christmas!

Posted by Nighelanghelo > 2019-12-25 10:22 | Report Abuse

Mr Ooi can i learn how you handled gkent.
I bought it way before it shot up, sold a bit to get back capital but still holding the rest. Seen most of my paper profits vanish.

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:37 | Report Abuse

Dear appoloang, i thank you for your kind sharing.

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:39 | Report Abuse

Posted by Fabien "The Efficient Capital Allocater" > Dec 24, 2019 2:51 PM | Report Abuse

It's a 6 months portfolio.

Come back and update your progress in 10 years time. Or as and when there's a market crash (drop by 30%) to gauge how your investing strategy/process stands during such times.

Dear Fabien, i thank you for your sharing too. I am also waiting for one of the financial crisis to test the strategies. I have not went through any financial crisis in my stock investing journey too. Anyways, i have also kept a portion of capital to invest after the financial crisis. Thanks

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:39 | Report Abuse

Dear Icon888, i thank you for your recommendation.

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:42 | Report Abuse

Dear firehawk, I thank you for your advice, i will try to join a charity organisation next year, and i will make sure that my confidence will not become over.

einvest88

416 posts

Posted by einvest88 > 2019-12-25 10:42 | Report Abuse

Sorry to say that... U still have long long way to go... Mr Ooi approach just happen to ride on 3rd wave ie above 200ema... But when mkt in prolong downtrend... U will also eat vege... It would not able to tell u when is d best entry point n exit point. Comparing with many approach used by other gurus, his approach is safe and effective. Question here u must have patience to ride through the intermediate correction.

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by Tan KW > Dec 24, 2019 3:06 PM | Report Abuse

Kudos. I want to give a BIG LIKE to your dedicated action.

The 57 or 67 years old you shall appreciate the 17 years old you.

Keep learning and trying.

I thank you sincerely for your advice.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 10:43 | Report Abuse

Don’t listen to those that told you to warren buffett

Go punt big on good quality high beta stocks

Build your capital fast

Grow grow grow

Worst come to worst lose some money

I mean every word I said

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by Connie555 > Dec 24, 2019 5:55 PM | Report Abuse

Good good, i am jz a lil bit earlier, at around age of 10. While helping my mum make kuih kapit during CNY at the back alley of my hse, i often hear my neighbor next door sailang this sailang that over the phone.

I follow his tip sii all the way down the road with the hard earn money from selling kuih kapit, mummy also wonder why i so hardworking help her make kuih kapit, actually i want to listen what share my neighbor buy.

Uncle can offer u a job if u don't mind working at kota bahru. help uncle manage some small fund and also manage my kopitiam

--------------------------------------
I thank you sincerely for your sharing and recommendation, i hope to get your contact one day. Thanks again

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:45 | Report Abuse

Posted by cheoky > Dec 24, 2019 9:03 PM | Report Abuse

without encounter failure in investing, successful in bursa will be a temporary loan only. encountering failure taste is essence of success.
---------------------
I thank you sincerely for your sharing. I believe failure will make me learn something, i have also lost a portion of my money while investing in some of the counters. I believe failure brings value in life. Thanks

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-12-25 10:46 | Report Abuse

Dear Jerry Ong
Philip is right to say there is no such thing as too young to do what your heart desire/wish. But remember there a price to be paid. You only live one as teenager; why not enjoy what a teenage do. I have no business to give you any advice but just don’t overstressed your-self and get burned out before you can achieve your full potential.

By the way at your age you will witness a few stock market’s boom and bust cycle just get ready your money in FD and invest when market crash.

I growth up in a generation of hardship and everything is on short supply and during school long break I had to take up odd jobs to make some pocket money.

Your generation growth up on internet connectivity, smart phone, social media, instant information, instant gratification, instant anxiety, instant keyboard cyber warrior, instant cyber friends but lack real friends and social skill, instant success with internet games but lack skill in actual sport games, instant impact and make instant different in cyber-world, impatient/indifferent, overconfident/insecurity, well read/inexperience, arrogant/ignorance and believe that you can make an instant impact/different in the world.

这是一个最好的时代,这是一个最坏的时代;
这是一个智慧的年代,这是一个愚蠢的年代;
这是一个光明的季节,这是一个黑暗的季节;
人们面前应有尽有,人们面前一无所有
This is the best era; this is the worst era;
This is a time of wisdom; this is a time of stupidity;
This is a bright season; this is a dark season;
We have everything in front of us; we have nothing of meaning to us

So are your generation better off than my generation?

Thank you

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:46 | Report Abuse

Posted by tigerball > Dec 24, 2019 9:08 PM | Report Abuse

lol soon will know the 'power' of lao sai King otb
----------------------------------
Thank you for your sharing, i have confidence in my mentor. My family has also made a fortune from his strategy for the last few years.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 10:48 | Report Abuse

don't listen to sslee (he picks Insas, why should you listen to him ?)

start punting whenever you are ready

17 yo sounds fine

don't worry about study, I have never heard people fail Uni because of punting. afterall, you are not supposed to stare at the stock screen whole day

but punt the right way. Stick to fundamentals

at your young age, don't be too conservative, aim for growth

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by Outliar > Dec 24, 2019 9:20 PM | Report Abuse

Its good that you have invested at such an early age and have gotten some good returns, however just keep in mind that what you are doing is not investing but trading, there's nothing wrong with it but you need to understand the differences, lest you get into trouble when the markets turn or the OTB system reverts or regresses to the mean and you get stuck under the assumption that you are still investing.
-------------------------------

I thank you sincerely for your advice.

Posted by jerryongtzeming > 2019-12-25 10:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by SureWin1Woh > Dec 24, 2019 9:23 PM | Report Abuse

Icon8888 Make money buy chicken Essence for daddy mummy

Don’t fengtow

Lol...good comment bro Icon
---------------------
I thank you for your sharing

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 10:53 | Report Abuse

tigerball lao sai king pay how much for this kid? keep spam I3. mch. damn annoying
---------------
Good morning, i would like to clarify that he did not pay a single cent for me. I am here to express my deeply gratitude to him. I might have express it in a wrong way. Sorry if i have expressed it in a annoying way.

I thank you for your sharing

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 10:55 | Report Abuse

Walau pay thousands,of ringit to this sorhead n get recomendation for tis stock selection? Not worth loh
------------------
The stock selection might not be perfect but it is awesome that it can enable my parents and relatives to make a fortune. I think it is worth it. I thank you for your sharing.

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 10:56 | Report Abuse

Posted by OTB > Dec 24, 2019 9:56 PM | Report Abuse

Pay so little money, many are millionaires in 2019.
Dayang, Carimin, and Jaks, laughing all the way to the bank.
Dayang gain > 200%, Carimin gain > 300%
Made > a few hundred % ROI, where on earth can get this type of service ?

where on earth can get this type of service?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO SIFU OTB

ON JAKS

Posted by calvintaneng > Dec 16, 2014 3:00 PM | Report Abuse X

Whoa!

Top boss bought at 44 cents and above, millions of them. Anything below 40 cents is a bargain!

So don't wait or else Jaks jump Jump JUMP Up And Away!

ON CARIMIN

TOP 10 REASONS WHY CARIMIN PETROLEUM IS NOW A STRONG BUY (Calvin Tan Research)

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2018-01-26...

ON DAYANG VS CARIMIN

CARIMIN VERSUS DAYANG: Both Oil & Gas Service Provider(Compare and Contrast Similarities & Differences) Calvin Tan Research

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2019-02-10...

----------

I thank your sincerely for introducing and sharing your researches in this blog.

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 10:56 | Report Abuse

tewnama lama tak sembang sini. masuk saja banyak cerita tak guna
-------------
Hi Mr, there is always freedom to talk. I am sorry that the story might be annoying to you. I thank you for your sharing.

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 10:57 | Report Abuse

cheoky a kind word to the budding author. never worship anyone no matter how good that anyone is in one man limited exposure. if you worship somebody to extreme, you will hate him in end with negative repercussion when something screw up which will eventually.

always questioning. investing is a person journey never your sifu journey. you are you. he are his.

somebody can sell course to earn a living.
somebody can sell course to generate the greater fools to take its stockholding.
sommebody can sell course to show off when in fact or maybe he is none.

sometimes you got to admire uncle k, cos he try his best to offload his holding in a crude method and nothing else.

merry christmas.
-------------
I thank you sincerely for your advice. Merry christmas to you too

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:05 | Report Abuse

qqq3 17 years old..... Same age as the black shirts of HK..... At your age, hair also not fully formed but think he know every thing......i dare say the perfect victim for OTB
--------
Hi, i might be too young for all of these. But i treat it as an interest. I am here to learn more knowledge because i know that i do not know every thing. I will always be careful in every thing. But the only thing that i am sure of that he is kind enough to teach me a lot of knowledge. I thank you sincerely for your sharing .

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:07 | Report Abuse

Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart) Jerry Tze Ming

Reposted here the very good comments by kind fellow experienced investors. Take particular note of the one rated 5 stars *****.

Regards

3iii

>>>>
Fabien "The Efficient Capital Allocater" It's a 6 months portfolio.

Come back and update your progress in 10 years time. Or as and when there's a market crash (drop by 30%) to gauge how your investing strategy/process stands during such times.
24/12/2019 2:51 PM
>>>>>>

>>>>>>
cheoky without encounter failure in investing, successful in bursa will be a temporary loan only. encountering failure taste is essence of success.
24/12/2019 9:03 PM
>>>>>

>>>>>(5 stars *****)
Outliar Its good that you have invested at such an early age and have gotten some good returns, however just keep in mind that what you are doing is not investing but trading, there's nothing wrong with it but you need to understand the differences, lest you get into trouble when the markets turn or the OTB system reverts or regresses to the mean and you get stuck under the assumption that you are still investing.
24/12/2019 9:20 PM
>>>>>>

>>>>>>
cheoky a kind word to the budding author. never worship anyone no matter how good that anyone is in one man limited exposure. if you worship somebody to extreme, you will hate him in end with negative repercussion when something screw up which will eventually.

always questioning. investing is a person journey never your sifu journey. you are you. he are his.

somebody can sell course to earn a living.
somebody can sell course to generate the greater fools to take its stockholding.
sommebody can sell course to show off when in fact or maybe he is none.

sometimes you got to admire uncle k, cos he try his best to offload his holding in a crude method and nothing else.

merry christmas.
24/12/2019 10:19 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>
Icon8888 Good boy
24/12/2019 3:46 PM
>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>
Sslee Dear Jerry Ong,
Just my advice, you are too young to involve yourself in stock market. Concentrate on your study and by the way investing is not about using different strategy to beat the market but understand the company you invest in. Just enjoy what a 17 old do and don’t overstress yourself with running your internet companies or spend half to one hour to monitor stock market every day.

Meanwhile you can read as many articles in i3 and company annual report to have a better feel the qualitative and quantitative of a business that drive its intrinsic/market value.
KCChong articles are a very good start for how to read financial report: P&L statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and the important financial ratio and Choivo-Capital articles on valuation and business understanding across industry.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2020 to all

Thank you
P/S: Hopefully one day when you are ready, you are kind enough to share your stocks picked with your investment thesis so that many people will benefit from reading your articles.
24/12/2019 10:23 PM
>>>>>
--------

I thank you sincerely for your sharing. I have really benefited and motivated with all these comments. I will also look at all of the comments, some might not benefit me, but they are also kind enough to share here. Thank you again

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:09 | Report Abuse

Hi Jerry kid,
I begin to believe the young ones r so smart nowadays.
Continue your passion in stock investing n excel u must.
Learn these words from all world best sport coachers:
Strengthen your weak pts to become your strong pts.

Know how to identify n learn from people w talent n skill.
Concentrate on their strong pts n never dwell w their weak pts.
After all, nobody's perfect except HIM.

Here's 3 ESSAY TOPICS for u to romance with:

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/purebull/2019-12-25-story-h148191739...
------------
Hi, i am not smart enough and i need to learn more knowledge in order to be more success. There are still plenty of things that waiting for me to learn. I thank you sincerely for your sharing.

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:11 | Report Abuse

3 cheers to the internet, the cheapest, most efficient source of self learning available.
!
I remember back in the day, I used to spend so much money to buy the dynaquest Bursa stock guide which come out yearly.

Then I started reading Moody's and learning about old man Warren buffet and his simple ( now realized so not simple) strategy.

And bought so many hard cover books which cost me thousands of ringgit.

Nowadays kids can just download pdf and read hard to find books online for free and get infinite knowledge.

Cultivate the urge and joy of reading, and never stop trying.

As for being to young to invest, I urge you to ignore sslee, and invest earlier.

You will have to make mistakes anyway, whether at 17 or at 50.

But better to make mistakes when you have time to recover and learn from it, than to make mistakes when you are too old to work it back.

Good luck Jerry, merry Christmas!

--------

Hi, morning MR, I appreciate everyone's comment. I really got good advice from them. I treat these all as my interest. I also know that financial knowledge does benefit everyone. I thank you sincerely for your advice and sharing.

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:12 | Report Abuse

UnicornP Bright future. Young lad should all-in QL and wait 10 years to reap huge reward. But don't let stock market affect his tertiery study.
---------
I thank you for your motivation. I will for sure try my best to balance my study, social life and interest. Thank you again

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:13 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 Don’t listen to those that told you to warren buffett

Go punt big on good quality high beta stocks

Build your capital fast

Grow grow grow

Worst come to worst lose some money

I mean every word I said
------
Thank you mr. In fact, i have went to one of the famous financial class, Mr Adam khoo's. He also shared the same fact as small capital is better to go for good quality high beta stocks. I do agree with you. And i thank you again with your advice.

Posted by Jerry Tze Ming > 2019-12-25 11:15 | Report Abuse

I thank you all for willing to spend time to share your thoughts and advice here. If i have said something too over or impolite. I beg your pardon. I wish every one will have a good and lucky life for the following year.

tigerball

1,330 posts

Posted by tigerball > 2019-12-25 12:29 | Report Abuse

hi kid, please don't spam your story with otb to the entire forum. it is annoying. not all people keen with his shiok sendiri story

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2019-12-25 12:48 | Report Abuse

Tigerball, exactl., basically otb has two income sources, first, remisier of course, and second is the subscription fee from those innocent newbies.

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2019-12-25 12:49 | Report Abuse

Gain from investment? No no no. He is a shiok sendiri and forgetfulvguy indeed. 10 counters loses he forgot and 1 counter gain he starting boasting his stock selection skills. LOL

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2019-12-25 12:51 | Report Abuse

Hi jerry, how much he paid you? If less than 2500 - 5000.. Then you better join the cannon dap fb team.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 13:42 | Report Abuse

The worst thing that can happen to him is to invest in Nestle

He is 17 yo with 10k capital for Christ sake

If don’t grow his capital, he might as well quit the game

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 13:44 | Report Abuse

When you are dealing with huge portfolio invest like warren buffett

When you are young and small portfolio be more aggressive , because the losses is minimal if compared to your future lifelong income going to be earned

That is my rationale for advocating a more aggressive stance

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-12-25 13:47 | Report Abuse

when a pro talks, we better adhere to it.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 13:49 | Report Abuse

This year I invested RM20k for my niece . I bought 40k armada at 22 Sen , 100k Ewint wa at 11 Sen

Now the portfolio has become RM48k

When you are small, go for high return and keep it concentrated

It can grow very fast

Downside is RM20k. My niece can survive the loss if things turn sour

See my points ?

gemfinder

6,880 posts

Posted by gemfinder > 2019-12-25 13:49 | Report Abuse

exactly corect by bluebiznet
Very pandai hor.. lost counter u all forgot, win counter u anounce using speaker.. wat alzhimer illness u hv? So great geh?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 13:51 | Report Abuse

The RM48k now I bought 18k alliance bank at RM2.60

No diversification

But no ruthless speculation either

Play safe but be ambitious, don’t act like warren buffett

Small portfolio is not for buffett style

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2019-12-25 13:51 | Report Abuse

On average, the pro still wins. Apa mau bising?

Posted by gemfinder > Dec 25, 2019 1:49 PM | Report Abuse

exactly corect by bluebiznet

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 13:54 | Report Abuse

When you are small, be agile and flexible

Don’t bother about buffett etc

They are not relevant at your current level

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 13:57 | Report Abuse

No lah

Let him stay

It doesn’t interfere with his career etc

The young man is extremely fortunate as he has stumbled into the ladder

Let him climb

Many people never see the ladder the whole life

They remains in poverty even at retirement

gemfinder

6,880 posts

Posted by gemfinder > 2019-12-25 13:57 | Report Abuse

Win wat? Mayb won inocent newbies subscription fees

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-12-25 14:01 | Report Abuse

I say young man you are heading in right direction, so don’t listen to others and give up

but stay vigilant , stick to fundamentals . Don’t speculate on rubbish stocks

Not guaranteeing that you will become Super rich, but if done properly, your whole life will not have shortage of cash to use

I know, because I have been through it.

oscarts

4 posts

Posted by oscarts > 2019-12-25 14:03 | Report Abuse

I agree with Icon8888. I remember when I started investing in 2013. I read a lot of posts by Icon8888 back then, he was more active in posting. During that time, my capital was about RM100k. As of now, my portfolio stands at RM1 million.

I myself was also surprised by how I was rewarded in the capital market, by buying the right stock at the right timing (during industry boom for steel, semicon (Icon recommended JHM etc), AirAsia (I punt AirAsia-C14 after Icon’s recommendation), refinery etc.

I’m below 30 years old this year. I suggest you to read more about previous posts of Icon8888. Instead of theories, he taught one how to search for gem, and when you see it, punt/buy aggressively.

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart) > 2019-12-25 14:28 | Report Abuse

Invest in fast growers and high quality companies:

DLady was a 100 m market cap

Nestle was a 1.8 b market cap.

LPI was a 1 b market cap.

Heim was a 1.5 b market cap.

Petdag was a 2 b market cap.

PPB was a 4 b market cap.

PBB was a 10 b market cap.

AEONCredit was a 1 b market cap.

Padini was a 500 m market cap.

OTB

11,026 posts