10 people like this.

105 comment(s). Last comment by Sslee 2021-12-11 12:08

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 18:00 | Report Abuse

My losers already up 20+% after I sold topglove to buy them. What are you talking about?

How you comment when you don't even care to show your own portfolio to teach me how to hold winners and buy losers?

But you also never listen leh?

When I told you to buy and sell star from 25-36 in one week you still keep holding talk cock etc etc.

If you follow sslee don't be so greedy sell for 40% profit in one week, you could have pump it right into glove stocks....

But instead you hold too long, just like you hold hengyuan.

So how do I know to listen to you leh?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 18:02 | Report Abuse

I already hold my winners for 10 years, and sell it at the right time when everyone is speculating so hard. Where were you when topglove was rm4? Why never join me buy back then?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 18:37 | Report Abuse

Directors of comfort selling shares while bulls like Calvin for the herd to jump over the cliff.

What makes him think that he knows more than the directors? I don't know... But I'm not staying around to find out.

>>>>>>>>

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/xiaoqing88/2020-05-24-story-h1507829762-COMFORT_Red_Flag_Cautious_on_over_valuation.jsp

calvintaneng

53,265 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2020-05-25 19:07 | Report Abuse

Yes

Every bull run there is a theme play

When pm badawi implemented 9mp Calvin bought all cement companies

All cement companies like cima, cmsb, ytl cement, tasek and lafarge up 100% to 500%

Long steel also up at the tail end of cement bull run

When ringgit crashed against USD furniture export stocks like pohuat, lihen, latitude, hevea went into multi year bull run

Oil up Usd70 Petronas implemented Rm30 billions Ogse upstream triggers bullrun in dayang carimin uzma naim and Penergy

So covid 19 is the catalyst for glove facemask and sanitizer bull run

It only started in March 2020(2 months only)

Long way more to go up

SUPERMAX DIRECTORS STILL HOLDING TIGHTLY AS SUPERMAX WILL SUPER CHARGE TO REACH RM10.00

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 19:18 | Report Abuse

When pasar auntie selling vegetables say things like that and assume earnings will go up x5 and last until the end of the year.

Then it is really the time to sell and go away.

You an go ahead and speculate and enjoy yourself. Maybe you will really get that RM10. But why stop there? Why not rm15,20 or even rm50? Speculation is just about finding another idiot to take up your spot.

But long time investor like myself who held for 10 years, kossan director, comfort director who sold 14% of his total holding ( and made 40 million free of tax), are all cashing out.

Why? What does pasar aunty know about gloves? Have you even visited a glove factory before to make the rm10 claim? Do you even know where Supermax production plants are without asking Google? Do you even know how many production plants they have?

Or you don't care, but simply pluck a nice round figure from the air,

It's ok.

Your reputation is already famous in i3 for being chun chun call.

calvintaneng

53,265 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2020-05-25 19:25 | Report Abuse

Directors selling?
During Cement bull run year of 9mp

I saw one director sold YTL Cement at Rm2.40 & my friend Mr Lee of Public Auto Sitiawan was worried

As it turned out YTL cement was later Taken Private at Rm5.00 up another 100% from Director selling

NOW DIRECTORS HAVE SOLD ALL YET

SUPERMAX DIRECTORS HOLDING ALL FIRMLY

gohkimhock

2,946 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2020-05-25 19:41 | Report Abuse

some of the prices have increased triple, or even quadruple and yet, we have not even see the profit yet. I dont think their factory lines could produce 3 times more than the usual production. If you dont call this speculation, i dont know what it is. This is certainly not investing.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 20:06 | Report Abuse

Another skill of yours, simply plucking up random figures and making it yours. Why do you seek to tell new investors such lies. Directors selling is a good thing?

Do you really not fear God? Are you not worried that what you say and do will come back to haunt you on judgement day?

>>>>>

calvintaneng Directors selling?
During Cement bull run year of 9mp

I saw one director sold YTL Cement at Rm2.40 & my friend Mr Lee of Public Auto Sitiawan was worried

As it turned out YTL cement was later Taken Private at Rm5.00 up another 100% from Director selling

NOW DIRECTORS HAVE SOLD ALL YET

SUPERMAX DIRECTORS HOLDING ALL FIRMLY
25/05/2020 7:25 PM

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2020-05-25 21:02 | Report Abuse

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/malaysian-banks-cheaper-glovemakers-mania-continues

RHB Research analyst Alan Lim expects Top Glove to deliver a strong set of third-quarter results (3QFY2020), with its profit to jump 85% quarter on quarter to RM215 million.

His optimism is based on four factors: higher average selling prices (ASPs) driven by the tight demand-supply dynamic, strong volume growth, favourable foreign exchange, and lower raw material prices, particularly butadiene.

Lim also highlights that the impact of higher ASPs is a powerful boost to the bottom line, given little increase in production costs.

RM 215m.....OMG!

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2020-05-25 22:36 | Report Abuse

in 2017, got a sifu ask me how much i need to win, i say a myvi...but that time i can only win 4 tayar....now, i got myvi money d, but kiamsiap duwan buy car...wait x50

haha

samheong78

472 posts

Posted by samheong78 > 2020-05-25 23:26 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip. I have keyed in 5,000,000 holding of supermax under my portfolio. Current profit about 21 million.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 23:34 | Report Abuse

Ok. Where did you put this portfolio?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-25 23:48 | Report Abuse

I think you need to share it with public for us to view.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-26 00:05 | Report Abuse

But I think I understand what you are trying to do. Ok try to edit the numbers, can you do it? Can you delete the transaction?

Ok now that you know you can't change it, let's monitor your portfolio over a few years and see your results.

FYI a real portfolio, like yours in real life, should have commissions, dividends, buy and sell all key in.

I also have other transactions that I post and put in the comments section so everyone know when I buy and sell.

Let's see your continuous buy and sell results after 2 years.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-26 00:07 | Report Abuse

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Apr 5, 2019 8:19 AM | Report Abuse X

Topglove seems to have a discount month of 15%, especially since it's business has not eroded, and is as string as ever with record growth.

Philip ( buy what you understand)
3543 posts
Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Apr 5, 2019 8:20 AM | Report Abuse X

Time to average down on topglov

MrPotato88
90 posts
Posted by MrPotato88 > Apr 23, 2019 12:20 PM | Report Abuse

Philip, why Top Glove but not Harta ?

Philip ( buy what you understand)
3543 posts
Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Apr 23, 2019 12:23 PM | Report Abuse X

Erm... Because it's a legacy stock that I bought since 2010 and I know it will enough to know how many lines it has, where all the factories are, I am comfortable with the management and most of all it is still very very profitable and growing over a long time.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-26 00:10 | Report Abuse

I posted up in the comments details of every transaction. I have been holding and averaging down on topglove since April 2019.

The comment dates also cannot be faked. There are 779 comments on my portfolio since I started, so if you think I can edit my portfolio, be sure that everyone always looks closely at my investments.

But you can try and see if you can keep changing your results.

calvintaneng

53,265 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2020-05-26 00:42 | Report Abuse

Game over for Philip as he cut the flowers (topglove ) and keeping all the weeds serba, yinson , gkent and petchem

Don't be itchy to buy these lapsap and get stuck later like Philip having to beg and borrow to average down

Calvin stocks like Supermax comfort luxchem adventa esceramic mtag nylex just going up and up

Don"t need go begging money to average down

Ron90

3,762 posts

Posted by Ron90 > 2020-05-26 04:11 | Report Abuse

If someone bought TG for the past 10 years,how many times TG reached over $12.00 ??..and yet never selling it?.. during that time viral infection not as severe as today COVID-19 where the whole world facing pandemic and still keep on going, south america, africa, india, indonesia, etc..still at the beginning.. during that time why TG price still acceptable, even at $14.00 !! ? ..if I am really investing in TG for the past 10 years, by now, my investment already multiple how many time? don't have to worry, in fact will shall stick to TG coz I would expect bonus issue, dividend, etc..as usual from TG.

but one thing for sure, at the current price better don't buy la, already too high, not mcuh room for profits..huhu

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-26 06:55 | Report Abuse

I thought I have explain very clearly, maybe you only see share price chart, but don't see the business:

In that entire time, there was never:

1. Oil crisis where share prices dropped to record low and everyone leaving o&g stocks in droves.
2. Never seen calvintaneng,kyy,OTB all promoted glove stocks.
3. Never was tg being speculated until PE 80.
4. Never had entire world close down, airline close down and all other business dead on the water.
5. Back then if sold tg, other stocks are still expensive on comparison. Today if sell tg, can buy gkent net cash, Pchem pre-ipo price, public Bank pe 10, Maybank with 8.6% past dividends yield, and many other industries left for dead but still earning money.
6. Has topglove+hartalega ever been valued worth more than public Bank? After covid19 ends, 3 years, 5 years from now, who do you think will have 5 billion in earnings?
7. Heavy stockpiling going on, everyone is buying gloves. But daily consumption? That box of gloves at home, how often do you use it? Or will you just use sanitizer and face mask when you go out instead?
8. Topglove is selling PE80... If you wanted to start your own tourist agency, which prices do you pay for those equipment like buses, boat and hotel? Do you pay the price when tourists come when no supply and everyone looking for a bus? Or do you buy during covid19, when buses are everywhere being parked, boats lying dead, when everyone cannot tahan loan interest payments and want to cheap sell?

But yes. If for not for those double swan event? I would gladly just sit and wait it out. Topglove definitely can have good earnings and make money, and I can receive 130k in dividends a year, on my long term invested capital of 1m.

But Covid19 is like nothing you have seen before, and investors are overly optimistic on the performance.

Just like it's products, if you want to buy gloves, do you really want to pay covid19 prices for them? Or do you prefer to buy when no one wants them?

Or do you think covid19 is just starting, and demand will never end?

Those who think that way, they will definitely start looking for reasons to say my portfolio is fake, my results are fake, and I am cutting flowers to water weeds....

But this is fact:

IF YOU FOLLOW THE HERD, YOU WILL GET THE HERD RESULT. KNOW WHEN TO FOLLOW AND WHEN TO STOP BEFORE THE CLIFF.

Everyone who buys from this point in is looking for the next idiot to buy. A few quarters of good results, yes the price may still go up.

But will the price keep going up forever? Or stay at this level forever?

That is when you need to start doing some rational investing.

>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by Ron90 > May 26, 2020 4:11 AM | Report Abuse

If someone bought TG for the past 10 years,how many times TG reached over $12.00 ??..and yet never selling it?.. during that time viral infection not as severe as today COVID-19 where the whole world facing pandemic and still keep on going, south america, africa, india, indonesia, etc..still at the beginning.. during that time why TG price still acceptable, even at $14.00 !! ? ..if I am really investing in TG for the past 10 years, by now, my investment already multiple how many time? don't have to worry, in fact will shall stick to TG coz I would expect bonus issue, dividend, etc..as usual from TG.

calvintaneng

53,265 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2020-05-26 08:25 | Report Abuse

This is precisely having knowledge but no true wisdom

Having a calculator does not mean business success

Everybody knows all gloves P/E have gone up if we benchmark P/E to Feb or May 2020 earnings

But market has a life of its own

As supermax doubles in profits its P/E in Aug and Nov 2020 when earnings play catch up.

So market buys ahead of future earnings

Conversely, the same mistake is made in gkent by looking at its past earnings and net assets.

To buy based on that alone is wrong as the future earning of gkent is shrinking

Philip has shown us an example of a head with imperfect understanding of how the market works

This same dislocated behaviour caused him to look at last year buy calls instead of this year winning calls

1. Supermax at Rm1.73
2. Comfort at 88.5 sen
3. Luxchem at 47 sen
4. Adventa at 57 sen (too high now)
5. Es ceramic
6. Mtag
7. Nylex
8. Ancom

These are Year 2020 chun chun buy calls. We are now near mid 2020 Glove bull run yet Philip point fingers at Year 2019 stocks to condemn

Come out now. Don't dwell in the past will you? Or you will be left behind

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2020-05-26 10:28 | Report Abuse

Sohai calvintanend, you already forgot your Holland buy calls list? lol

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2020-05-26 10:32 | Report Abuse

Balik your Singapore la tanam jagung,stock manipulator calvintanend, remember ask kyy to join your sohai club too, so he can become your best friend, lol

Ron90

3,762 posts

Posted by Ron90 > 2020-05-26 11:25 | Report Abuse

previously when glove stock went up, banking sector still in good condition. now they value itself drop due to enocomic downturn not just here but effect from abroad. covid very much different compare to mers, sars, etc..its more like Spanish flu and scientist even suggested there would be 2nd or 3rd waves. that vaccine only to calm the masses. we dont even successfuly in developing any vaccine from coronaviruses before, how come out of sudden..we can hv one, in a very unpresedented short time? it just misleading infos by politician, as usual la. I would expect investors thinking about Glove not for household use, but for medical and enforcement staff. bty, my background also n biology and i am quite knowledgeable about viral infection..and the diffuculties to contain the one that already widespread all over the globe. covid aslo very contagious. you just need 1 person to restart the next pandemic just within few months. Covid might mutate into more pathogenic strain, lets just hope it will not. Spanish flu, gone becoze mutated to less virulence, lets just pray covid also become one. but possibility is still there, no human techonology is capable to control virus mutation..look at seasonal flu..close relative of coronavirus

thanks for that explaination, everybody has they own reason. its your money anyway. good luck to everyone, wheather still in TG or venturing to other sectors.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-26 11:46 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by BlessedInvestor > 2020-05-26 11:52 | Report Abuse

Glove companies earnings are correlated with demand of gloves. Demand of gloves are tied with Covid 19 which is highly infectious. As long as vaccine is not available(likely to be available only 2021, maybe 50% change only per Oxford Univeristy research team). I feel is a bit too early to sell. I will peak, but no body know when. I hope there is vaccine for cancers such that there will be less people suffer...

Just some thoughts

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-05-26 11:56 | Report Abuse

Do not carry away wth a hit on jackpot... Instead thank God n wth humility.. so tht u will Always be blessed

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-26 13:19 | Report Abuse

Yes this is definitely true, however you can just do a little scuttlebutt and ask the local hospitals what their sop is for glove use in medical line. You will see that it has not changed by much, however the stockpiling done has increased by a lot.

The real question is: did you buy a box of gloves to put at home during onset of covid? If the answer is yes, then you are stockpiling. But do you do daily use and bring it around everyday and throw?

If you don't, but use price as a measure of demand, that few quarters of increased revenue marked by huge selling of glove stock director should tell you how long the glove demand will last.

>>>>>>>>

BlessedInvestor Glove companies earnings are correlated with demand of gloves. Demand of gloves are tied with Covid 19 which is highly infectious. As long as vaccine is not available(likely to be available only 2021, maybe 50% change only per Oxford Univeristy research team). I feel is a bit too early to sell. I will peak, but no body know when. I hope there is vaccine for cancers such that there will be less people suffer...

Just some thoughts
26/05/2020 11:52 AM

Goldgent

1,348 posts

Posted by Goldgent > 2020-05-26 14:15 | Report Abuse

Haha...Top Glove Singapore up 14.14% today.
Philip sifu might lose another RM 2.04 million tomorrow.
-6 million to -8 million!

limitupupup

1,466 posts

Posted by limitupupup > 2020-05-26 14:19 | Report Abuse

sell d and move on la, u slept a girl in a pub 1nite-stand and u told the whole world the u fucuk a girl? What a shame to mankind disgrace to the world.

Ron90

3,762 posts

Posted by Ron90 > 2020-05-26 14:27 | Report Abuse

why keep on mentioning glove box at home?.. i don't get it. We should focus on medical gloves to used in hospitals, where 1 medical staff would use 20-30 pairs just for one day work. 1 box of 100 pairs, only for 1-2 person/day. That's how much glove usage in hospital during pandemic situation.. . This is not a fact, just based on my observation and knowledge in medical stuff.

you need to change gloves so often when ever you touch different material/things, when you move from 1 room to other sectors as well. Gloves is considered the most important first layer of personal protection. For COVID cases, at one go, medical staff would wear 3 layers.. can watch it on you tube.

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-05-26 15:51 | Report Abuse

There is nothing wrong when someone sell all his shares when making good fortune. Moreover, he had kept fr such a long time.
It's definitely wrong to speculate in frenzy mania.
i sold all comfort shares at av price 2.3.
let others make profit if comfort can goes to 3, or 5.

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-05-26 15:51 | Report Abuse

the same goes to other glove cts.
all the best

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-26 16:20 | Report Abuse

Can you explain here how someone who sold all his gloves stocks can lose money on glove stocks?

>>>>

Goldgent Haha...Top Glove Singapore up 14.14% today.
Philip sifu might lose another RM 2.04 million tomorrow.
-6 million to -8 million!
26/05/2020 2:15 PM

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-05-26 17:00 | Report Abuse

Reap what u sowed @ the right time!!!
Knows how to harvest is very important.

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-05-26 17:01 | Report Abuse

Otherwise yr fruits of labor will over ripen

Posted by BlessedInvestor > 2020-05-26 18:52 | Report Abuse

Thank you Philip for your view. You are certainly a great investor.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-05-26 19:00 | Report Abuse

Only game in town is gloves.... Turnipmania territory....

Posted by hassansulieman > 2020-05-26 19:40 | Report Abuse

Tomolo all glove counters, huat ah

Diego2020

454 posts

Posted by Diego2020 > 2020-05-26 21:12 | Report Abuse

Good read

winsonlms

11 posts

Posted by winsonlms > 2020-05-26 23:44 | Report Abuse

Philip, how to add your discussion chat in Telegram?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-27 06:58 | Report Abuse

Hi you can add me at tme/philipcapitalmanagement

David

112 posts

Posted by David > 2020-05-29 16:58 | Report Abuse

"To put into perspective, Hartalega's market cap has more than doubled by RM19.02 billion to RM34.93 billion from its initial market cap of RM18.48 billion at the beginning of the year. It is currently ranked at 7th place among the largest market cap Malaysia companies.

The meteoric rise on Top Glove, its market cap ballooned by RM22.9 billion in value – the increment is equivalent to Dialog Group Bhd’s market cap of RM21.36 billion".

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/it-mad-mad-glove-makers-market

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-12-11 10:31 | Report Abuse

Philip sold all his TG at average 2.90+ before May/June 2020 n switched to Serbak....

Dont ask me if he could sleep well ever since then

But he certainly can sleep much better now for sure lah

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-11 10:33 | Report Abuse

Thats how Uncle Philip nearly went bankrupt in Aokam loh!

Lesson not Learn loh!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Jun 10, 2020 4:00 PM | Report Abuse

Here's how you do it.

Put up 50k of your own money. Then borrow about 50k from friends and family.
Then put it in trading account and get maybank approval to margin of 100k.

Now buy 200k of supermax.

Then, you will notice you have 200k of contra t+2 in your account.

Go ahead and buy more on contra.

You will now open 400k of supermax.

After it goes up by 20%, you would have 480k. Now you can close your position and turn 100k into 180k in a few days. Now repeat again:
180k into 360k into 720k contra, make 20% on that in T+2.

Rinse and repeat until you become a millionaire.

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-12-11 10:39 | Report Abuse

Wrong.

If he did so in June 2020 by buying Supermax with margin he will make the biggest profits in his life if he sell all by End 2020

If he did so in June 2021 then will be a different sad ending

Timing is everything. Not really applicable to all those self proclaimed long term value investors lah

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-12-11 10:44 | Report Abuse

We are now discussing bankruptcy of Top Glove

times have changed..........

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-11 11:27 | Report Abuse

Topgloves will never go bankrupt loh!

What the management need to do now, is to curtail its capacity expansion now loh!

As its existing capacity of 110 billion pieces are more than enough to support its requirement and furthermore there are labor issue in msia mah!

If topgloves do that, it will be sitting on rm 2.8 billion cash equivalent of liquid funds mah!

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-12-11 11:35 | Report Abuse

I believe Top Glove will proceed with expansion plan...
...........and the rest will be history

Rationale for the Belief
Thats what TG did in the past when faced with problems
no reason to think that TG will adapt

=> no adapt, sure die

Post a Comment
Market Buzz