GHL SYSTEMS BHD

KLSE (MYR): GHLSYS (0021)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

Day's Change

Trading Volume

10 people like this.

6,434 comment(s). Last comment by Hatiharihari 3 weeks ago

Pavillion

3,100 posts

Posted by Pavillion > 2017-03-24 16:20 | Report Abuse

Cimb will deal directly if the account is big.

Still the same...they acquire base on demands from merchants and bank. Alipays is just a "client" to CIMB. Currently merchant accept visa master jcb amex etc....and Cimb will do the settlement.....now they want them to accept Alipay card.....same or marginal effect.....anyway they being working hard everyday to acquire merchant for banks .

makemoney1

291 posts

Posted by makemoney1 > 2017-03-25 08:17 | Report Abuse

if i understand correctly ghl is just a middleman who do the process between alipay, acquirer bank n merchant bank

CityTrader

8,151 posts

Posted by CityTrader > 2017-03-25 08:30 | Report Abuse

I only know this GHL is very bullish if it can break 1.33 the resistant. My own TP based on chart is 2.40 unless it can't even break 1.33.

Pavillion

3,100 posts

Posted by Pavillion > 2017-03-25 08:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by Pavillion > Mar 25, 2017 08:29 AM | Report Abuse X

Should read adamkhoo view.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/adamkhoo/119055.jsp

The collaboration has marginal effect on Ghl. It's doesn't matter whether Alipay, Mastercard, Visa etc..if it is GHL terminal......GHL will earn.

They are going to target the same merchant and same customer...are they telling currently Chinese shopper using cash to shop?

Does it mean millions of new Chinese shopper coming to Malaysia to shop and stop visiting London, Europe and U.S.A ? Just because now there are merchants already accepting Alipay?

I believe it will be a long time before Alipay could match Visa and Mastercard present worldwide (also political barrier to penetrate Europe and U.S)....so in meanwhile Chinese shopper still will have their Visa/Master Credit card with them. We as a shopper don't care whether merchant want to direct our transaction to Visa or Master right...or later Alipay? No different!

In fact currently for them to pay in their currency is never a problem as merchant in Europe always give them an option whether to pay in Euro or Remimbi at point of sales. I think just a matter of time before Malaysia will follow.

Ghl strength is in physical Credit Card terminal and not in online payment. Alipay targeting big in online sales and it will crush Ghl online internet payment gateway , so others provider like ipay88 etc.

Online payment is the trend ....even malls are worrying!
And for micro merchants their option is not Ghl but Mpos. Obviously Ghl can't compete with them and have no roles. Just read the links below as see how cheap is their solutions

http://www.maxis.com.my/mpos

https://www.softspace.com.my/

This is 2 growing segments Online and Micro retailers and in both segment Ghl going to lose.

Futhermore I'm sure those big chains of Merchants are bank value customer which they will never give it to Ghl to handle. Those merchant finance and banking requirements are all tie up to one big package offer special by bank.

Those merchant discount are not the same as other small merchant pay. This big merchant pay a lot less and they are no room for 3rd party like Ghl to play with it. They will never share with Ghl...they probably will just buy the terminal from Ghl, Nera or Paysys and sign up for maintenance contract.

They let Ali come in.......... slowly this power will strangle them back until they choke

sctan

468 posts

Posted by sctan > 2017-03-25 08:41 | Report Abuse

alipay will make it easier for China tourist to pay for their bill. maybe u don't know visa or master is not popular in China.
now we talk about online plus off-line, shopping mall will not die, but they must balance between online convenience and offline experience. jack ma already buying into retailer in China.

Vess88

104 posts

Posted by Vess88 > 2017-03-25 13:31 | Report Abuse

Seriously no point debating with the troll. They can comment whatever they like. Big players don't gv a damn on ikan bilis comment nor mine.Auntie uncle from pasar might be affected. But not much impact on the counter. Just survey with your own. What's the chances of seeing ghl terminal. Then you decide. Cashless is bnm direction for Malaysia. So go sort out yourself. it's your money.

leng1234

73 posts

Posted by leng1234 > 2017-03-25 14:45 | Report Abuse

Partnering with Alipay for merchant acquisition in Thailand

In addition, GHL has also started a new merchant acquisition drive in Thailand following a tie up with China based payment service provider, Alipay. Under the partnership, GHL is in charge of acquiring Thai merchants to accept Alipay payment from Chinese tourists in Thailand.
We see potential for GHL to replicate the model across other Asean countries.
Currently, GHL has about 200 merchants signed up under the programme.

Original quoted from CIMB analyst report. Not I say one. Already mentioned replicate the above business model in other countries. Next is Malaysia if Alipay is coming.

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2017-03-25 16:59 | Report Abuse

alipayis not competing with ghl nor mpay as both of them focus on terminal renting to banksl

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2017-03-26 11:32 | Report Abuse

don't buy if you have doubt
don't buy if you do not know clearly how alipay and ghl work to become a good partner or a threat to each other.
we can not put all the beautiful pictures together and think the outcome must be most beautiful
GHL is not a good risk or a good buy for me
I feel Digista safer, i can see clearly the security system can generate good recurring income , The cash flow and the financial position are improving , and most importantly now the price is cheap , very cheap compare with GHL. not a bad risk to make a good gain if you have faith in the management

Pavillion

3,100 posts

Posted by Pavillion > 2017-03-26 12:08 | Report Abuse

Do you think currently Chinese tourist bring their cash to shop?

Alipay, Master Visa etc...are no different to Ghl. Each swipe they will earn the same.

The business are the same...instead swipe their Visa now they can swipe Alipay....no new or additional business to Ghl....unless if Nazri are doing his job by bringing millions of new tourist to Malaysia.

Visa and Master also can counter back....by allowing customer to choose if they want to pay in their currency or local currency at point of sales....already in practice in Europe.

Alibaba rally are more hype...where the benefits to Ghl is marginal.

What more important is...in long run Ghl will miss a big chunk of online customer/business (rapid growing), sales from micro retailers (Ghl can't compete with new mobile technology) and growing number of credit card user switch to debit card.

mikee

159 posts

Posted by mikee > 2017-03-26 14:10 | Report Abuse

one have to imagined that this USD$50 billion or at least initial $10 billion e-trades permits approvals generate from DFTZ/Alibaba when start in 2018 or early 2019 is COMPULSORY/MUST pass tru DNEX (4456) e-services software platform tat currently integrates with most gov agencies to get each items/goods pass on from shippers to consumers.

go and read mind boggling good revelation about DNEX (4456) from Cruz......
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kianweiaritcles/119083.jsp

Pavillion

3,100 posts

Posted by Pavillion > 2017-03-26 14:34 | Report Abuse

I thought Mahathir's MSC are much more impressive project ...
then Pak Lah came wanted to tanam sayur then Najib...after almost 20yrs where are we now? Fact...we not good....All hangat2 tahi ayam...Najib need Jack Ma for his election....don't put all your money there.

Alipay does not need anybody...they already have settlement bank...they can do anything...and most lucrative will be online payment....no hardware require. Soon he will monopoly all internet payment systems.

jennychin

570 posts

Posted by jennychin > 2017-03-26 14:50 | Report Abuse

well said mikee....truly amazing this Dnex that many big eyes "opened" up now to see tru clearly hidden treasure of dnex...cheers

Posted by JXRepcoBuffet > 2017-03-31 16:10 | Report Abuse

mandatory take over!

Posted by hillsixtynine > 2017-03-31 16:29 | Report Abuse

what it means? Share drop habis

HuatAh88

89 posts

Posted by HuatAh88 > 2017-03-31 16:53 | Report Abuse

offer cash consideration of RM1.00 per Offer Share (“Offer”).

Posted by anaknelayanmelayu > 2017-03-31 17:11 | Report Abuse

offer only to the sellers, which is Creador. They are selling it at the historical price ( during period of negotiation). Just view this as a change in owner. Fundamental is still in tact.

Posted by orangepeel > 2017-03-31 17:27 | Report Abuse

so is opportunity to grab more?

Vess88

104 posts

Posted by Vess88 > 2017-03-31 17:31 | Report Abuse

Can someone educate this fellow? Before creating more jokes.

TEOH88 Fire!!!Run!!!
31/03/2017 16:44

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-03-31 18:25 | Report Abuse

The offer was triggered due to the offeror acquiring 40% stake in the company. If someone acquires and then makes a GO, it means the company has value. Why sell your shares to them at RM1.00 when the shares were trading at 1.10 to 1.20? It would be silly to accept the offer at RM1.00. Don't let the offerors laugh their way to the bank.

Centurion

47 posts

Posted by Centurion > 2017-03-31 19:11 | Report Abuse

Privatization will fail. Simon Loh and KWAP still holding 25% of the shares

Vess88

104 posts

Posted by Vess88 > 2017-03-31 19:13 | Report Abuse

Finally guy with good knowledge is talking... Thanks Arlon... Totally put those jokers into shame... To those jokers... please do a background check who is Actis... If this ghl is not a good company will they acquire more than 40%?

Lulu La

901 posts

Posted by Lulu La > 2017-03-31 19:17 | Report Abuse

What if Actis plan to delist GHL and offer the same price rm1?

shzewei

27 posts

Posted by shzewei > 2017-03-31 19:19 | Report Abuse

Meaning Actis already holding more than 40% now? I just worry they will delist GHL with rm1 only

gthhh

172 posts

Posted by gthhh > 2017-03-31 19:25 | Report Abuse

Unlikely it will be delisted cos kwap just acquired a huge bunch recently

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-03-31 19:33 | Report Abuse

They will only delist if they manage to acquire more than 75% stake. This is just a step that they need to take after acquiring more than 33% per the takeover rules. It is unlikely people will take up the joke of an offer of Rm1.00 per share. KWAP for example won't be that stupid. People are over-reacting to this news.

shzewei

27 posts

Posted by shzewei > 2017-03-31 20:15 | Report Abuse

A stupid question. Y cycas still agree to sell with rm1?

twoplus

376 posts

Posted by twoplus > 2017-03-31 20:53 | Report Abuse

run run

PenguinDad

1,729 posts

Posted by PenguinDad > 2017-03-31 20:59 | Report Abuse

The downtrend is very strong and other might got at lowest price.

cheeseburger

2,849 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2017-03-31 21:20 | Report Abuse

Hey Arlon, this is not GO, this is MGO..M means mandatory
AS to offer RM1.00 to mandatory take over share.
You see what will happen on Monday. Good luck.

PenguinDad

1,729 posts

Posted by PenguinDad > 2017-03-31 21:23 | Report Abuse

Monday, 10sen to hit that level or go beyond RM1.00.

Vess88

104 posts

Posted by Vess88 > 2017-03-31 21:36 | Report Abuse

Shzewei, your question is not stupid than some monkeys here. However there are many reasons for the agree price. First your have to look at the price cycas aquired. They on great profit.@Rm 1. Besides, if these major shareholders dump their shares into open market imagine what's their average price? Of course all these my personal opinions, might not be correct. Imo overreact.

shzewei

27 posts

Posted by shzewei > 2017-03-31 21:41 | Report Abuse

When MGO gonna happen?

shzewei

27 posts

Posted by shzewei > 2017-03-31 21:45 | Report Abuse

Meaning that Actis is offering rm1 and want to get 75% of share so it can delist GHL? Paiseh, I am not business student :p

Posted by hillsixtynine > 2017-03-31 23:01 | Report Abuse

Yes if they got more than 75% they intend to delist...

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/actis-emerges-largest-shareholder-ghl-triggers-mgo

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-03-31 23:08 | Report Abuse

@shzewei, who knows why cycas want to exit? Perhaps they made enough profit at RM1.00 per share. The question we ought to be asking is why is the offeror buying such a big stake, willingly triggering the MGO, i.e offering to buy the entire company for RM665 mil in cash? Also, the MGO is a trigger. In other words, if you emerge as a major shareholder holding over 33% through an acquisition, you need to make an offer to the other shareholders the same price you bought the shares, hence the term MANDATORY. Thats the rules. Shareholders can opt not to sell to the offerors, but the offerors has to offer to buy at RM1.00. If no one sells to them or take up the offer, they will still hold that 40% stake. If people sell to them and they accumulate to more than 75%, they will delist the company according to the notice. Unlikely anyone will sell given the company's strength.

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-03-31 23:14 | Report Abuse

@cheeseburger, think you ought to read the notice and understand what is a MGO. Its mandatory because they triggered the rules. Its not mandatory for anyone to take up their cheapskate offer of Rm1 a share. If you think its worth Rm1 per the offer, continue to sell the shares. I'm pretty sure you'll regret it.

cheeseburger

2,849 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2017-03-31 23:19 | Report Abuse

To date they already owned 44.37% stake. They will offer RM1/share to buy over remaining share. You can opt not to sell yours but you cannot stop others to dump theirs.

androsjy

249 posts

Posted by androsjy > 2017-03-31 23:25 | Report Abuse

Still long way to go...so long all minor shareholders stay firm then can stop the process

Posted by hillsixtynine > 2017-03-31 23:32 | Report Abuse

@arlon what you said does make sense but then again, what's next after this? Actis is going to negotiate with stakeholders and agree upon a price for takeover or just carry on with the 40% they have and then life goes on as usual in bursa? they have made their intentions clear to delist, and a quick check on actis background shows they're a multi billion, multi platform, multi nations investment holding company. My only concern would be, what's in store for small time investors like us?

Centurion

47 posts

Posted by Centurion > 2017-03-31 23:46 | Report Abuse

Actis can open new markets for GHL and strengthen corporate governance. GHL still good long-term investment. RM1 is a good offer but not compelling. For past 2 years GHL shares were below RM1. Those who bought recently will suffer.

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-04-01 01:47 | Report Abuse

@hillsixtynine the MGO is a procedural thing. SC rules. So what will happen next? Normally, if the offer price is higher than the market price, shareholders will sell to the offeror. As disclosed in the notice, if Actis stake is below 75%, the company will remain listed. If above 75%, they will opt for delisting. If it goes over 90%, Actis will buy off all remaining shares at RM1.00 (whether the remaining shareholders like it or not). There is no negotiation, etc. Now, if the offer price is BELOW the market price, chances are no one will accept the offer of RM1.00 and GHL continues as a listed company with the same bunch of shareholders with the exception of Actis who bought over 44.37% stake from Cycas and another guy. Think about it.. who is dumb enough to sell at RM1.00 when the price is already RM1.10?

Posted by ANdrew Tan > 2017-04-01 01:54 | Report Abuse

"I am very excited to welcome Actis as a partner, as they bring an impressive track record in the payments sector, especially in emerging markets.

"Together, we are fully aligned in our ambition to become the leading end-to-end payment service provider in ASEAN by deploying world-class payment infrastructure, technology and to further expand our growing footprint into new ASEAN markets," said Loh.

GHL will fly soon?

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-04-01 02:01 | Report Abuse

Centurion is correct. Actis is actually a good fit for GHL. The press release is all positive about the emergence of Actis as a new controlling shareholder. Its a boon for GHL. All the negative reaction to the news puzzles me.

Arlon

14 posts

Posted by Arlon > 2017-04-01 02:07 | Report Abuse

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/actis-emerges-largest-shareholder-ghl-triggers-mgo

Simon Loh still owns 19.1%. Do people here seriously think he will accept the offer?

shzewei

27 posts

Posted by shzewei > 2017-04-01 02:23 | Report Abuse

Thanks guys, I learn something today. From other share holder point of view, your know Actis is energing and good for growing company will u sell your share with RM1 take money and leave or hold the share tight and earning?

Posted by 稻田·* 片片绿青~粒粒芳香 > 2017-04-01 02:39 | Report Abuse

You are welcomed

PenguinDad

1,729 posts

Posted by PenguinDad > 2017-04-01 11:19 | Report Abuse

Is Simon Loh related to Actis? If yes, they might be holding more than 75% direct or indirect. RM1 is very cheap for them to take private but GHL need to proof more at it worth more than RM1.00 for investor to keep it. I have't see any statement that they intend to keep the listing of the company and possibility that they intend to take private. Generally, the party will announce their intention. If not monday will drop down to RM1.00 or below.

PenguinDad

1,729 posts

Posted by PenguinDad > 2017-04-01 11:52 | Report Abuse

Buy below RM1.00 to get some premium if real take private. Just for precaution.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz