CIMB GROUP HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CIMB (1023)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (0.51%)

Day's Change

7.84 - 7.97

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

18,453 comment(s). Last comment by stkoay 18 hours ago

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-29 16:55 | Report Abuse

Why a sudden rise in price???

Steven Yong

1,251 posts

Posted by Steven Yong > 2014-09-29 16:55 | Report Abuse

News coming

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-09-29 20:04 | Report Abuse

Once it reveal the content... then sure it will plunge back...don't hope too much

Posted by pineapple8888 > 2014-09-29 20:57 | Report Abuse

If I sell on entitlement date, do I still get the dividend?

addylee

104 posts

Posted by addylee > 2014-09-29 21:00 | Report Abuse

after entitlement date??

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-30 07:49 | Report Abuse

davidkkw79, u must know that this counter is controlled by the big players/investers/directors like the EPF, the Mitsubishi (F) Financial Group Inc (MUFG) n dato' Sri Mohamed Nazir just to name a few n our words or comments have no effect or value to them. They're the ones who can easily push the price up or down n also they will the news earlier than us. Trade at own risk

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-30 08:10 | Report Abuse

Sorry, missed the word 'know' after the word will....know....

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-30 15:28 | Report Abuse

KClow, no news so far who come u know it has gone through? Please share..............thanks

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-30 15:54 | Report Abuse

Sorry typed wrongly, should be 'how come' instead of who come................

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-30 16:36 | Report Abuse

What's happening to this counter?...............dropping all the way!!!

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-09-30 16:54 | Report Abuse

Sad for those who bought high yesterday!!! Trade at own risk

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-09-30 16:59 | Report Abuse

how come ppl just easily trust what newspaper bullshit talks? At this moment, cimb hard to move up, due to 2 main reasons: 1) merging deal cimb wouldn't be the benefical one.... 2) Loan growth start to go down lack of growing force...

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-09-30 20:39 | Report Abuse

Will announce on 8/10/14

kc3255ck

98 posts

Posted by kc3255ck > 2014-10-02 11:30 | Report Abuse

Up one day drop one day..CIMB boleh tak boleh??

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-02 15:44 | Report Abuse

Who dare to play this counter...........manipulated by big players!!!??? Trade at own risk

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-02 16:09 | Report Abuse

No doubt I'm a shareholder but feel sad!!!

Posted by beastkot123 > 2014-10-03 01:03 | Report Abuse

Just have to wait..went the time come..sure sky rocket...

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-03 21:54 | Report Abuse

(1) The consolidation only makes CIMB is fatter entity. Being fat is not going to make you a bully. You are not gaining advantage at all by being fat.Sooner or latter you will need to implement a healthy diet to slim down. This could affect a lot of persons to lose their jobs.
(2) I know Malaysia has 70% Muslim, that doesn't mean that forming an Islamic bank and all the Muslim population will choose to bank with CIMB. That is the same reason not all Muslims went to join the ISS states. Wishful thinking.
(3) Malaysia is already saturated with first-class bank. In the long term, it is the foreign market that are the opportunities even those they appear more challenging for you now. You have better foreign assets than RHB Group but you want to mearge with it and MBSB, you must have no Business sense. Haven't heard of opportunities lie where the challenges are. There are no easy way out in life. By taking over all the assets of your brothers and sisters are not going to make you richer.
(4) The most valuable assets that RHB has its its name, not its assets in terms of buildings and lands or what. It only has loans and borrowings. Some it got from and public and some it got from issuing sukuk. Actual tangible assets also amount to RM3/=. How merge with such a bank right now when its price is RM$8.70.
(5) The world economy still has a long way to go to gain full steam. That is why interest rate is
still so low. Using share swap is not helping you at all. You are a big fish in shallow water (world economy not recover yet), you are going to run into problems for sure.

countryman

166 posts

Posted by countryman > 2014-10-04 14:06 | Report Abuse

Many bought in anticipation of rise in share price upon announcement next wed. From press reports earlier rhb supposedly taking the helm in the merger.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-05 20:25 | Report Abuse

If a mission is proposed with a motive to make more people happier then it is a green light for me. Money is not the most important thing in life but happiness is (you can see this with your own eyes). Happiness comes from Allah but money does not come from Allah. This is my proof that Happiness is more important than money. Who else is more important than Allah? You tell yourself you don't need to tell me! That is why when the Prime Minister Najib prays to Allah, in his heart, he prays for his countrymen to be happier in life just like God assigned this duty of making everyone happy to him from a heart filled with love (see how well he did in elections). If the spending of money is for making more people happier is good, if it is just for making more money it is a botched plan, a plan even Allah would not approve. Why some people never learn? Always like to do things with a mind filled with money only (tipu sendiri). Happiness is more important than money, the rule set by Allah. Or, you must give happiness first before receive money, or else this plan is surely to fail, because it didn't follow Allah's wish. Nobody dare to speak out, not even EPF, why? I don't need to tell you also you will know! Do you think Malaysia is democratic or phony democratic? You can lie to people but you can not lie to God and especially to yourself (one man's aggression is not everyone's fortune). Is it worth it or not, I am posing this questions for the 30 million Malaysian population living in Malaysia right now. You will know the answer when the time comes (Only 3 years from now) !

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-06 21:30 | Report Abuse

Share swap is a cover-up and letting rhb take the helm is also a cover-up if somebody with advance knowledge of this deal has also bought in a lot of CIMB shares in advance. If the deal turn out to favor CIMB, the guy become loaded right away, making every other people looking bodo!

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-07 08:43 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim, do u mean that the deal will not go through? In this way CIMB will be better off!!! Don't u think so? Trade at own risk

ReallyLOL

12 posts

Posted by ReallyLOL > 2014-10-07 11:05 | Report Abuse

CIMB share dropped right after the proposed merger news. Both RHB and MBSB up. MBSB is biggest winner. All their bad debts will be loaded onto CIMB books.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-07 17:42 | Report Abuse

vinvin: The law of the invisible hand (Life always has a tendency to give to us at the end what it at first does not appear to be). If the deal is announced it will most likely favor CIMB. The dropping is just for show. Don't you think it is logical for something that want to go up later on to drop at first before the announcement. The up and down is only for things to appear looking natural. Things only go from low to high and high to low, get it, and even the stock market has to be doing something like that just like everything else in this world would do. Don't ever have any doubt on your own common sense because we are all not bodo's. CIMB standing alone in my opinion I believe will have the brightest prospects in the future among all the banks in Malaysia because when you learn to help yourself. See beggars counting on others to earn money for him always become poorer and poorer in the end. In fact, I would buy some more CIMB's because it is the only one that go down before the announcement. This is a free gift for investors.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-07 19:04 | Report Abuse

vinvin:whether the merger proceeds or not. CIMB will always be the winner (Any old man can tell you this from their experience). (1) This company calls for the merger meeting. (2) This company has a king of somewhere....you you know what I mean. (3) The king in power always win anybody, and (4) when people in high position or older people like your parents do something, they always think for both sides. If you are the biggest fish in town, it is even easier. Have confidence in yourself, you are right,with your common sense, to play a sell on other companies but a buy on CIMB. You are really smart and smart people always like to be with the smartest people (CIMB). Do you think yu have any other question? I am already feeling bored. Do you also trade other counters? Maybe we can change the subject and go and look at other counters to see what are interesting there? I want to learn from you if you don't mind.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-07 20:45 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim, I don't mind telling u that I'm presently holding more than 20 counters n find them very difficult to monitor n therefore plan to slowly reduce them to around 8 by selling some when their prices appreciate. Just to name a few.........maybank, cimb, osk, aeon, pwroot, iris, kpscb, drbhicom, uems r all in my holding.

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-10-07 22:07 | Report Abuse

merger on or not?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-08 06:45 | Report Abuse

vinvin: It is useful for me or you to see everything from a different angle occasionally because this world changes all the time. We have an equation of life (a rule that is fixed), and the equation has variables we have to change in order to keep up to date with the changing world.For chit-chatting, to investors the price of a stock is not that important (it is second of importance), I hope you don't mind I say this: kindness comes from doing meaningful things for others. When you buy a stock, you are actually giving kindness to people. That is why you have to be selective as to which persons (company in this case) should receive your kindness. As investors our only goal is to get more money back in the future. My suggestion for you is: you do not need to care so much about price movement to sell your shares. In my opinion, what-to-do- first is to get to (1) know the companies better and (2)realize who is weaker and who is stronger. Buying a bunch of different shares to invest is not a bad thing because you want to cut down on risks (here is a good thing to do). The criterion for selling should be selling those weaker shares even at some losses. It is the stronger companies that will give you more money back in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-08 10:28 | Report Abuse

vinvin: maybe some of your shares have gone down in prices (the bad thing). The stronger shares are those that do not drop in price that much relative to other shares (the good thing). The point is now you know who is stronger and who is not. It also is not a good time to sell shares. The US is attacking some terrorists in the middle east and european economies are not doing well right now.If you have holding power, just leave the shares aside for one year or so. I believe you will be able to see better times to sell shares (the us economy is improving). I know how you feel now because I am also quite depressing even though I only have 5 counters. If the shares you have have a heavy reliance on the domestic side, I think they should be fine to keep for a while. You don't have to worry about the effect from the implementation of GST next year. The strong companies will survive somehow! If you are losing money I think mostly is because you are not buying shares when prices are up and down. It is not your fault, we just don't know when they will go up and when they will come up. If nothing very drastic or rare happens in the future, I expect the market to recover to 1900 someday. The Malaysian market has not go up as much as other markets, we just merely recover when the index is 1800. The US market used to be 14000 (in 2008) and now they are peaking at 17000 (in 2014). Compare to them, our market is still not so high after all that is why we all still haven't make much money. The malaysians are not expensive but it just make tham cheaper temperorary because of this drop. There is nothing wrong with the malaysian economy (something or the things like high inflation, high debts, GST are inevitable).

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-08 10:42 | Report Abuse

Looking at other markets in Asia, they are reaching the bottom (when the market is not dropping that much each day) because you can tell people are not that panic there. I think we drop quite a lot. Our country is more panic because we try to do so much more developments here in such a short time and that is causing the local public and foreigners to worry about us. Can they pull it off or not? If you look carefully, who is buying up all the major shares that doesn't drop (like Bursa and the others), the EPF. The market will make a comeback when this urge to sell subside.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-08 11:38 | Report Abuse

Tq Kian Leong Lim for ur advices. I'll keep all my counters for the time being until better time to sell..........no hurry !!!

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-10-08 15:15 | Report Abuse

Down 1 sen only?

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-08 16:42 | Report Abuse

Any good news...............counter seems to go up 6 sen now!

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-08 16:59 | Report Abuse

False alarm!!! Trade at own risk

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-10-08 18:51 | Report Abuse

Announcement Merger.. ping ping ping

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-08 19:24 | Report Abuse

Where got la RedEagle, not so soon.............!!!

thinkbig

151 posts

Posted by thinkbig > 2014-10-08 20:29 | Report Abuse

now trading suspended. whats next?

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-08 20:41 | Report Abuse

Appointment of new director as follows:-http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/anpth/1022764.jsp

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-10-08 21:42 | Report Abuse

merger on? off? mbsb price? rhbcap price? cimb price? Friday all sky rocket?

bebee

47 posts

Posted by bebee > 2014-10-09 09:56 | Report Abuse

what's the news?

hoseh

34 posts

Posted by hoseh > 2014-10-09 19:05 | Report Abuse

Cimb $7.27
Rhbcap $10.03
MBSB $2.82

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-09 20:39 | Report Abuse

Can anyone give us some comments on this announcement whether it is beneficial to the shareholders of CIMB as follows:-http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/anpth/1023085.jsp
Tq

hoseh

34 posts

Posted by hoseh > 2014-10-09 21:09 | Report Abuse

vinvin, it is absolutely based on ur entry price.
Valuation of CIMB at 1.7 P/BV is not low.

In fact, this is a merger, not acquisition.
In the enlarged bank entity, CIMB owns 70% + RHB owns 30%.

Posted by Patrick Ngian > 2014-10-09 21:12 | Report Abuse

RHBcap shareholder will be the biggest winner in this deal in term of value generated (24% share swap premium), MBSB second winner (20% cash premium), too bad for CIMB shareholder if market don't believe there is synergy in the deal. When market sentiment is poor, cash deal is always a better option than share swap deal as the risk of share price may drop. RHB Capital will sold its islamic asset to CIMB islamic for RM4,146.8 million (shareholder of RHB capital will earn 2027.5million based on last audited data) via issuing new CIMB islamic shares implied value at 5.399 per share. Then CIMB islamic will buy MBSB for cash or share deal.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-10 08:01 | Report Abuse

Hi everybody n good morning. hoseh, my entry price was high bought during the high of 2011 at an average price of RM8.13 n will surely not be able to cover at the price they r offering. R they offering us RHBcap shares or cash in exchange? Anyone can help? Tq

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-10 08:16 | Report Abuse

Sorry correction.............R they offering us RHBcap shares or New JVC shares in exchange? Anyone can help? Tq ........sorry for my ignorance

Posted by Patrick Ngian > 2014-10-10 08:34 | Report Abuse

Hi vinvin, if you are CIMB shareholder , you will receive 70% of the new entity (CIMB-RHB) .the maximum price for CIMB will be RM7.24 today, if market think there is no synergy in the merger. if you believe in long term the mega bank will continue to grow, then it's not a bad idea to hold 70% of the new entity. but still the merger is subject to shareholder approval.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-10 08:41 | Report Abuse

Tq Patrick, happy trading...................

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-10 08:46 | Report Abuse

There is a reality that says: There is no gain without a pain, this is for sure. But can everyone in this country bear the blunt of the painful process of transforming, and why should they?. I see this merger as a power "enlarging" process. For the 3 banks that want to merge they gain some and lose some. But for the Malaysian public, it is more pain and more risk than ever. In the short term and long term: In the long term, company wise nobody can tell, even its own impact on the Malaysia banking sector where it is going to make the smallar bank more difficult to survive (banking merger depends on current condition and situation). You merge and create a multi-big bank while the country's borrowers are already in vey big debts like 87%, where are you going to increase revenue and profitability (where the population are not growing). Of course, the merger is a "making progress" is a theory but will create pain for the Malaysia public in the short term and long term (No pain no Gain). For shareholders, there will be winners and loses. The only winner is MBSB because it is the worst stock and still could fetch RM$2.82 or what. But shareholders of CIMB and RHB are losers. The value of CIMB shares got diluted by 30% but poor rhb shareholders will see their shares devalue by 70%. In conclusion, MBSB is biggest winner, RHB is biggest losers, CIMB win some and lose some (not so bad). For the other Malaysian banks they are losers if they don't work harder than now, and the Malaysian public is losers because now they have a bigger bank they have the biggest risk on them. Everything is business for people, that is why we should do something for ourselves by not supporting this process because it is bad for us. Is it going to benefit all of us when we have a very powerful bank in the mist of others? Don't we need to care for the others also and not just ourselves only? You will learn very soon that everything is in fact a theory until everyone is happy or well taken care of . Let them hear our voices if we are not happy, because everything is a business for everyone.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz