CIMB GROUP HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CIMB (1023)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (0.51%)

Day's Change

7.84 - 7.97

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

18,453 comment(s). Last comment by stkoay 16 hours ago

Win188

276 posts

Posted by Win188 > 2014-10-21 11:34 | Report Abuse

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/bursa-likely-reject-exemption-epf-vote-banks-merger
If EPF can vote, the chance for the merger is high.
Is it good news for CIMB if the merger plan is call off?

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2014-10-21 11:50 | Report Abuse

big storm will coming back again soon, even bigger disaster is brewing and coming soon

Posted by Trudy Chen > 2014-10-21 12:02 | Report Abuse

Can someone explain why EPF cannot vote? what are the pros and cons?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-21 12:49 | Report Abuse

Your question should be: Why does EPF even bother to say that they want to vote because they are holding public money? If they just keep quiet now the problem will be raised later on. So, they raise this question now so the problem will not be raised later on. We should know their real intention, they don't want to vote, that is why they ask you whether they need to vote or not. If they want to vote, they really don't have to say anything. We have law in Malaysia I am sure EPF knows that law better than you or me. This is because: The bad guy always try to say they are the good guy. Don't let people confused you. They want to shift focus.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-21 12:58 | Report Abuse

Those who play "bad guy" to do what is neccessary mostly wins in life. support the bad guy. is this understood or not. In real life, it is not making your life easier by playing "good guy" from each of our experience. I am not saying playing bad guy is wrong, ok.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-21 13:10 | Report Abuse

There is always a third route, that is : (1) don't do anything, (2) watch and see, and (3) don't panic!

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-21 13:50 | Report Abuse

Last message: today is small volume and market don't have direction that is why the stock stay half dead. Nothing to do! What do you expect people to do when they have nothing to do?They lay back a little bit in my opinion-------trade at own long term risk! Short term there is little risk because the market is already so bad already. That is also why I have all this time to write on this forum.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-21 14:38 | Report Abuse

All three merging counters suspended now............any reason why? Tq

countryman

166 posts

Posted by countryman > 2014-10-21 15:00 | Report Abuse

Ya just saw it. Y ha?

Win188

276 posts

Posted by Win188 > 2014-10-21 15:52 | Report Abuse

Maybe is good for CIMB if merger plan is call off.
Since the merger being announced, CIMB keep dropping.

ladahitam

578 posts

Posted by ladahitam > 2014-10-21 17:45 | Report Abuse

There are no adequate justifications that the potential conflict of interests involving EPF has been eliminated or sufficiently mitigated, says Bursa on EPF's position in tripartite merger deal

The edge

rlch

4,140 posts

Posted by rlch > 2014-10-21 18:07 | Report Abuse

I support merger cancel. Why pay RHB RM 10.03 when market price only RM 8.52 unless using share swap CIMB at higher price eg RM 8. Bursa has to think of CIMB minority shareholders and Khazanah position in the merger. The merger is more to EPF benefit as it hold big chunk of RHB and MBSB shares.
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/there-exists-such-potential-conflict-interest-situation-where-epf-may-be-able-influence
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/bursa-also-rejects-rhbcap%E2%80%99s-application-allow-epf-vote-merger-deal-citing-same-reasons

kquah3

68 posts

Posted by kquah3 > 2014-10-21 19:31 | Report Abuse

i sold my cimb share.. becoz i lost confident in the way they make the deal..without consider minority shareholders.. that is my personal view..

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-21 19:38 | Report Abuse

I'm on ur side rich n Win188, support the merger not to go through or another word cancelled!!!
Trade at own risk

ladahitam

578 posts

Posted by ladahitam > 2014-10-21 19:38 | Report Abuse

there is a chance CIMB share price going up instead, now that they don't have to absorb the Fannie Mae of Malaysia- MBSB and their low quality/bad debts assets....

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-21 19:49 | Report Abuse

ladahitam, tell us where did u get the news...........very happy if it's true! Trade at own risk

ladahitam

578 posts

Posted by ladahitam > 2014-10-21 19:55 | Report Abuse

not a formal news but rather my assumptions, EPF wanted MBSB to be part of the merger for their support/vote for this merger. Now CIMB can drop MBSB & proceed with RHB or even consider other merger proposal with Ambank, because ANZ bank is interested in selling...

dragonfruits

1,285 posts

Posted by dragonfruits > 2014-10-21 21:53 | Report Abuse

Ini pasal kahwin dengan siapa punya cerita pun boleh goreng saham?lol

Vin Cullen

1,547 posts

Posted by Vin Cullen > 2014-10-21 23:28 | Report Abuse

Vin Cullen Personally ~~ Try opposite with News !!
1. When news annouced Merger...Sell on MBSB & RHB...
2. But When they said negative for CIMB...the other news will push it higher...
This's what stock market Is....

gray

1,158 posts

Posted by gray > 2014-10-21 23:32 | Report Abuse

ai ya, no chance to buy cimb....

slts

2,235 posts

Posted by slts > 2014-10-22 09:04 | Report Abuse

this merger will be a successful one
the arabs hold 37% voting rights only
they need 50% +1 vote
beside the arabs will support this merger
cos its credit +ve for RHB & offer at 10.03
e they have nothing to loose but alot to gain
RHB have never trade above 10.00 b4
the arabs will have a chance to recoup
their investment 10.80 from the merged banks
than holding onto illiquid RHB stocks
short therm pain for CIMB but over the
longterm after banks integration say in 2 yrs
CIMB share will rise to record high
being the 4th largest regional banks in SEA
dont bet this merger will be aborted
u will loose.....

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-22 09:11 | Report Abuse

Dji up 215 points today n Bursa disallowed EPF to vote in the merger should be good news for cimb ..............my opinion only. Trade at own risk

reallyLOL

12 posts

Posted by reallyLOL > 2014-10-22 10:57 | Report Abuse

Vote against the merger. Share price has been on a free fall since the merger announcement . CIMB will be loaded with the MBSB bad debts.

RHB price at RM 10.03? What a joke ! You can count the number of times it had traded above RM 10.03 on the fingers on one hand. This merger is a total ripoff of the CIMB minorities.

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-10-22 12:07 | Report Abuse

@reallyLOL.. where can we see the MBSB bad debts keep increasing..?? I thought MBSB now always break record profit since last 3 years.. if you can see in Balance Sheet.. Accumulated Losses now turn to Retain Profit lor..
CIMB + RHBCAP
|
|
Cimb Islamic + Rhb Islamic + MBSB..

reallyLOL

12 posts

Posted by reallyLOL > 2014-10-22 21:28 | Report Abuse

@RedEagle. Past issue of the Edge Weekly had raised concerns regarding the lending practices of the non-banking institutions. It remains to be seen if these concerns pan out. While I can understand the rationale of a CIMB-RHB merger, there is no necessity to include MBSB in the mix. Of course at RM2.82 cash, MBSB shareholders are in for a windfall. After all, when had the share price reached those levels?

rlch

4,140 posts

Posted by rlch > 2014-10-23 08:27 | Report Abuse

If CIMB led bank merger become difficult after EPF vote bar, just cancel merger.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-23 11:08 | Report Abuse

What the hell is happening to CIMB? Always down most of the time!!! Just cancel the merger lah n will be good for cimb..............trade at own risk

paulthesotong

2,778 posts

Posted by paulthesotong > 2014-10-23 11:48 | Report Abuse

Concur , Nazir take a hike! If u dont have the money. Let Maybank be taiko again.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-10-23 15:51 | Report Abuse

Sell on rumour! Limit up on news! The gullible ones sold out! Padam face!

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-23 22:09 | Report Abuse

Dji up more than 200 points at about 10.05 am NY's time today..............................

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-24 05:50 | Report Abuse

Dji closing up more than 216 points on Thursday.........................

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-24 09:31 | Report Abuse

Cimb drops again ! So cheap n I suggest that let Maybank takes over cimb then it'll probably be one of the biggest bank in Asean or even the biggest. Trade at own risk

Jude

6 posts

Posted by Jude > 2014-10-24 11:10 | Report Abuse

faster sell and run away

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-24 11:11 | Report Abuse

I love my government, I know they do things with several considerations mostly for long term. CIMB will be a better bank through the merger because the merger enhances the banks' prowess. This nation needs to become competitive because there are very few countries that are not so competitive these days. Even China is no more a sleeping beauty anymore. The merger although painful is essential to strengthen our financial instititions by reducing the amounts of banks in this country. You can think of it this way: If there are fewer banks the services will be better and few banks are easier to monitor for reckless lending. Too many banks in this country or any country (even the US) have crippled the economy from time to time. I support the Government where I live and came from. This is the least we can do.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-24 11:20 | Report Abuse

In my opinion, selling is the wrong thing to do. They are not issuing extra CIMB shares to exisiting shareholders who will not have dilution problem. But this bank is acquiring another bank by issuing shares to them by sticking to a ratio of 1.38. The rhb shareholders get new shares is only fair to them. Furthermore rhb is a good bank too. If CIMB merge with RHB, its market strength is going to increase, to what extend you know later on. If Maybank is selling at RM9 something, why can't CIMB selling at higher price than that in the future. Take for example: 1+4/2=2.5. If your share price is 1, the lower end, then you are supposed to be the one benefiting and you are selling. Isn't this what you want to do?

Win188

276 posts

Posted by Win188 > 2014-10-24 11:37 | Report Abuse

Dunno why CIMB always drop.
Merger plan announced, CIMB drop
EPF cannot vote, CIMB also drop
Big players are playing fools at us.
They manipulate the CIMB shares.
Haiz....

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-24 11:45 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim, have u heard that EPF is going to sell heavily in order to reduce their shareholding to the level that they will be entitled to vote in the merger n that I think is very bad for the shareholders of cimb. I think the drop in prices these few days might be that reason. Don't u think so? Trade at own risk.

tcw1134

25 posts

Posted by tcw1134 > 2014-10-24 12:05 | Report Abuse

Dont easily get influence by epf .

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-24 12:08 | Report Abuse

They don't need to do that, that is scare tactics. Abbars holds (21%), OSK(10%), and Minority (27%). They either get Abbars consent or they can get the minority to consent. See, they have 50% success already. If you see the price of CIMB drops, the success rate is higher. Go down first go up higher later. The reverse will happen if the deal did not go through for rhb and mbsb shareholders. get it.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-24 12:17 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim, if I'm not mistaken I think I've read somewhere in a newspaper but I've forgotten which paper regarding the above that I'd mentioned. I hope I'm wrong. Trade at own risk.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-24 12:19 | Report Abuse

I think probably that was a suggestion only!

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-24 12:27 | Report Abuse

Actually, I hope CIMB price goes down to RM5 per share so that I can sell all my shares and buy only CIMB shares because you are going to win either way whether the merger goes through or not. At RM6 is a good buy, RM5.50 better buy, RM5 super buy. The book value of CIMB is 4.05 right now after the merger will be around 5.15, either way, CIMB share holders are not going to lose.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-24 12:32 | Report Abuse

vinvin, put yourself in the shoe of rhb minority shareholders. They have two roads to choose, whether the RM8.50 or RM10.05 (or the 1.38). What would you be doing if you have the chance to vote. Your choice will be very similar to the minority shareholders. Furthermore, the price of rhb will not always be RM8.50 or more for rhb standing alone.

vinvin

4,492 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2014-10-24 12:52 | Report Abuse

So in this case the merger will go through, is it Kian Leong Lim? BTW I'm keeping this counter as long term investment n at the moment don't care much on the fluctuation in the price movements. Trade at own risk.

Posted by beastkot123 > 2014-10-24 12:53 | Report Abuse

Que to buy.....next year at this time..sure wont regret....guys dont miss the bus

Posted by Kikilala1990 > 2014-10-24 13:01 | Report Abuse

Why price down?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-24 13:19 | Report Abuse

vinvin, you heard of the boat story that God sent to a person 3 times and the person turned down. The moral of the story is God help people using indirect way. Likewise, making money is the objective and it has to be obtain through indirect way if you believe that God rules everything down here: We must always start from B if you want to go to A. What is B? B is a list of things: company fundamentals, market conditions, management, and etc. In fact, the B right now is we have a "flat" market", "weak consumer sentiment", high inflation, and high cost of living. Money is the best alternative to solve all the problems I listed as B. The best investment judging from B is Banking or financial services because there will be growing demand for money. CIMB or Maybank are your best investments for future years. CIMB P/E ratio is around 11. As for the merger, I believe you should just leave it alone and keep your mind clear. Go shopping or what. I prefer the merger to go through because I also hold quite a number of shares.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz