MALAYAN BANKING BHD

KLSE (MYR): MAYBANK (1155)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.04 (0.41%)

Day's Change

9.73 - 9.81

Trading Volume

38 people like this.

22,639 comment(s). Last comment by stkoay 6 hours ago

pang72

47,667 posts

Posted by pang72 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Apa Ini...
Sotong, tiger....
Semua kasih goreng kau kau kali Ini...

stkoay

5,864 posts

Posted by stkoay > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

14.1m shares done at 9.71 during pre close.

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

Posted by jeffchan1901 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@linges Thanks to bro @stkoay here for showing the way to smart investing. I believe all of us here are just sharing information and ideas to build up a steady stream of income for retirement for the benefit of all Harimau followers here

stkoay

5,864 posts

Total value traded 4.8b vs 2.7b yesterday :)

stkoay

5,864 posts

No la jeffchan1901.....just sharing and compare note, different ppl got different investing style.
....mine is a very cautious approach....but rather safe :)

pang72

47,667 posts

Last dividend taken 1 month to recover the gap.
However. this QR dividend taken 2 days recover 50% gap, estimated 5days can cover everything...

My views is investors may put higher weights in banking stock like SOTING AND TIGER... looking at the strength TODAY

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

Amazing, all these big ikan jerung tried to scare and bully bilis by sell down at start of trading day only to end up swallowing all shares after that.

moral of the story here: Hold fast to your believe in the company that you are investing in. I believe @stkoay did shared here many moons ago that like Warren Buffet that you invest in the company and it's product. so dont goyang like the layang and if you still believe in the share, do sacrifice your dividend now and do little by little self DRP to reap the benefits in future.

'...Kenanga Research said this after a meeting with the lender, adding that it is maintaining its “outperform” call on Maybank but is lowering its target price for the stock to RM10.40 from an earlier RM11.05.....' (3 Nov 2022)

www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2022/11/03/lower-target-price-for-maybank-but-viability-stays

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

To share with all here, I moved a big chunk of my excess retirement cash from FD to buy Harimau first and then when the dividends come back later, I slowly collect back my Dividends and put back into other asset interest generating class like fixed interest mutual fund like EPF or back into other FD (for emergency standby cash for family) that I took out from earlier. So I actually forward self-DRP.

Why did I do this method? cause I know that the price of Harimau now is low now (compared to possible higher TP of expected RM10.40-RM11.05), so I channel my resources first into this stock sacrificing the lower interest of 3.88% (from FD promo rate) for the higher interest of 6.8%-7.3% (from Harimau).

At the same time, the interest dividend from my early purchase now will go on to lower the cost of acquiring the qty now while the amount of total units the same. thereby lowering average share price (if you understand this theory then you know la),

So generally sacrificing the next 2 - 4 years of dividends NOW will further lower you average price and LATER in the end you will come out richer when its time for you to retire.

At the same time assuming when you do eventually diversify and relinquish your entire Harimau portfolio at the new higher TP, you will also reap the new profit from the gain in capital appreciation as well.

This is not financial advise ad would recommend to you all to do your own research and homework to see which method bests suits your financial commitment and needs. Whatever you do, never ever borrow from Ah Long or take out personal loans to try this method. I am able to save up much as over the years after a personal financial set back I was able to save up all my year end bonuses given by company and investing in safer interest bearing assets like FD before investing in equities and also Harimau after doing own research during the pandemic. Hope Harimau fans here will also find smart investing here one way or another. Peace

linges

2,689 posts

Posted by linges > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

nice sharing..yeah..harimau is a great tool for happy retirement..while compounding units via DRP would further accelerate the returns in long run..

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

@linges only happy to share, hope that everyone here will also make money from their faith in this stock. only advise is despite what Gordon Gecko says that 'Greed is Good', well it's not always the case. as a retail investor, smart investing is crucial

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

@Hoottttttt Now only saw your post. congrats on your accumulation. I am in the midst of seeing ASM1 dividend at month end and if disappointing will withdraw out 85% of it and standby funds for another round of 100 lots of Harimau. when it next goes into dip. Same goes for YTLP, once it hits 4.15-4.20 when next favourable QR reporting in end May, gonna lock in the future YTLP dividends and buy more Harimau for further future dividend from self DRP. hoping that the annual dividend from equities can cover my monthly retirement without touching my EPF.

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

@nhbeen Yes liquidity is one thing when you have monthly commitments and also standby cash for emergency costs along the way. If parking into better interest bearing assets in the process, it's a PLUS point too. Depending on your age category, once should follow the asset class recommendations as a guide with a slight twerk as each person needs is a bit different. So based on my earlier portfolio class, I am a little more conservative than the recommendation by Rule of 100. But moving my large share from ASM to equities, I would be moving closer to that recommendation.

An Example you can use as a guide, The Rule of 100:

How does the ‘Rule of 100’ work?

The Rule of 100 – merely states that the age of the investor should be deducted from 100, and the resultant number should be the proportion of equity in one’s investment portfolio. So if you are 30 years old, you should hold 70% (100-30) of your portfolio in equity and the balance in debt and gold. This formula assists you to decide an allocation to high-risk investment avenues such as equities based on your age and risk tolerance.

nhbeen

187 posts

Posted by nhbeen > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@jeffchan1901. Thanks for your advise on the Rule of 100. Another useful rule to guide our investment allocation. I would incorporate such rule into my allocation in time to come. Thanks.

speakup

25,091 posts

Posted by speakup > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

So 100 year old person put all into FD?

Posted by cthcm1122 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@pang 72 Happy happy happy for Tiger bank investors here....
Cimb shows strong move instead...
Tiger and cimb banks the most promising bank for dividend + growth now
——————
Is now the right time to invest in CIMB?

pang72

47,667 posts

Tiger will learn cimb up 20 days nonstop....
Cimb will continue the journey to north after dividend ex...

pang72

47,667 posts

Up 2c a day is enough liao

Posted by cthcm1122 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@pang 72 Thank you. I started buying Maybank since 2021. It did well so far. However i am looking for another stock that can give dividend as well as long term growth. I am just a custodian to grandkid education fund :-)

pang72

47,667 posts

Both mbb and cimb are good in dividend + growth
Grab early as dividend will go lower n lower if many low risk investor flood in recently..

You still can get 6++ %dividend yield now..

pang72

47,667 posts

It is toward $10

Posted by prudentinvestor > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Those who had bought Maybank exactly a year ago have achieved total return of over 20%.

pang72

47,667 posts

Yes! 2025 18Mar you will acheive 40% return!!

metaverse

192 posts

Posted by metaverse > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

For the past ten years the tiger bank will give you around 6% investment return per year on average as this 6% actually is the mirror image of our GDP growth and the tiger bank happened to be the best proxy to our economy but anyone who think our country can continue to expand at 6% per year will be shocked as our economy has reached the speed limit with private debt of 116.07% of GDP (should be around USD432b or RM2 trillion) trailing behind China (185.92% of GDP). The debt bubble in China already pop with Evergrande (恒大集团) debt USD300b alone already almost the size of Malaysia GDP and followed by Country Garden (碧桂园) debt USD194 billion. The more local institional funds (may be ordered by the highest order) to push up the market the more foreign fund managers selling and that's the reason why we see the market went up 15pts one day and next day drop back 15pts. Basically these foreign fund managers are having popcorn party to enjoy the show seeing Malaysia moving closer and closer to the total collapse of debt bubble. Due to USD carry trade and USD/MYR parity, Malaysia will eventually has no choice but to increase the interest rate to arrest the sharp fall of MYR and that will effectively pop the debt bubble. Some people mistaken random luck with proven investment skill but EPF's track records actually can be considered world class especially their shariah fund managers with their excellent picks on Magnificent Seven (Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia, Alphabet, Amazon, Meta, Tesla) to boost the return from 4.75% to 5.40% which is exceptionally good compared to the conventional fund managers from 5.35% to 5.5% 😁

stkoay

5,864 posts

Maybank Foreign Shareholdings

29 February 2024 19.65%
31 January 2024 19.16%
31 December 2023 18.98%
30 November 2023 18.65%
31 October 2023 18.40%
29 September 2023 18.34%
30 August 2023 18.37%
31 July 2023 17.99%
30 June 2023 17.73%
31 May 2023 17.47%
28 April 2023 17.30%
31 March 2023 17.27%

Alvyap

17 posts

Posted by Alvyap > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@metaverse, well written

Mabel

23,225 posts

Posted by Mabel > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Indeed..thank you stkaoy for sharing Maybank Foreign Shareholdings..

Posted by investor2011 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@metaverse-EPF shariah fund can buy Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia, Alphabet, Amazon, Meta, Tesla ? I think non of them compliance to shariah requirement.

Posted by Tedinvestor > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Retail investors in maybank was around 23%

pang72

47,667 posts

根据2022年的Annual Report,

新加坡政府CB Spore GW for Government of Singapore (GIC C)持有我国主要蓝筹股的比例:

1. Maybank 107,675,953 (0.89%)
2. Public Bank 253,886,210 (1.31%)
3. CIMB 126,552,958 (1.19%)
4. Tenaga Nasional 29,042,784 (0.50%)
5. Petronas CHEMICALS 61,141,661 (0.76%)

newbie2019

1,697 posts

Posted by newbie2019 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

More drop to come?

pang72

47,667 posts

Ignored the share price for Tiger bank..
It doesn't matter up or down, local funds will support..
Get your 6% dividend beats FD the main focus

Cslee1215

427 posts

Posted by Cslee1215 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

div yielder happylor

newbie2019

1,697 posts

Posted by newbie2019 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

support 9.5

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

Get ready guys... standby to top up guys once it reaches ex-price of 9.49. opportunity comes but only once or twice. you snooze, you loose. hope ASM1 results out and i can take out in time too.

@stkoay If take out, how long from ASM to transfer funds to your account last time? not closing but taking out most of it.

pang72

47,667 posts

26March24 dividend bank in for top up..

Steady la...

pang72

47,667 posts

$9.58 is great price..

stkoay

5,864 posts

@jeffchan1901, you go to their agent Banks such as MBB, CIMB, AmBank n a few others, the payment is on the spot....choose the one where you maintain an account, it can be credited direct into your account on the spot.

linges

2,689 posts

Later today US Fed Interest rate decision..so bank drops today while waiting for decision

stkoay

5,864 posts

@jeffchan1901, make withdrawal at the begining of the month cos dividend is calculated monthly, if you make withdrawal at the end of the month then you loose dividend for that month.
ASM1 will be suspended on 29th to 31st March for dividend computation....

linges

2,689 posts

US Fed may maintain rate, as US inflation increases.

Anyway, top up opportunity to who looking for drop..its here today guys..

stkoay

5,864 posts

@jeffchan1901, I am expecting a 4.5% dividend for ASM1, no change from last year.

Cslee1215

427 posts

Posted by Cslee1215 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Linges, cum punya info ke? Maintain what rate? 5 November is us presidential elections.

linges

2,689 posts

@Cslee1215..US Fed interest rate meeting, similiar like our BNM OPR meeting here.
As we aware, there is a gap between US and Malaysia interest rate, which affects our ringgit performance.
If US Fed maintain interest rate tonite, and later BNM reduce interest rate, by telling story Malaysia inflation among lowest in region ..it may further affect ringgit.
So, there are uncertainty sikit lah.

Yeah agree US Prez election end of year is big event for worldwide financial market…fasten the seatbelt, get a popcorn and enjoy the fun..

metaverse

192 posts

Last week (15 Mar 2024) foreign fund managers sold quite a lot of PBBank (RM128) and bought some Maybank (RM85m) in order to mask their net selling activities. The more local funds push up the market the more foreign funds selling because our economy minister too obsessed with his database pet project and the job being a minister in charge of economy should be to formulate economic policy to contain the debt bubble as the deteriorating macroeconomic environment has turned from bad to worse due to USD/YEN/MYR parity as the math just don't add up when Japanese Central Bank giving up their ZERO interest rate policy and Federal Funds Rate is around 5.33%. History is a back mirror so see the chart below for more evidence why foreign fund managers so nervous and speed up the selling pace as our economy has reached the speed limit with private debt of 116.07% of GDP (should be around USD432b or RM2 trillion) trailing behind China (185.92% of GDP). Yes, the banks’ balance sheets are expected to remain solid this year (provided the property bubble don't crash...) but what what about next year or next next year as during Covid most people already dig out most of their EPF money (as the handout from government only can buy some popcorn and peanut unlike other countries which give out a lot of cash to help their people to overcome the pandemic) so the balance sheets of the private households are really in bad shape and not to mention we still need to bailout so many GLC as their balance sheets also in really really really bad shape.

https://i.postimg.cc/x1h96bth/USDYEN.jpg

metaverse

192 posts

When the government runs out of options to arrest the sharp fall of MYR they will defy the invisible hands to impose capital control and foreign capitals will be trapped so the more MYR falls the more foreign funds selling and repatriate the hot money back to their origin country. The reason Japanese Central Bank suddenly exit zero interest rate is due to the sharp increase of USD/YEN as Japan was just hit by economic recession and no sign their economy is improving especially the EV made in China has totally killed the automobile industry in Japan which was the backbone of their economy.

metaverse

192 posts

PADU actually just waste of time and public resources. The government can just request the help of income tax department to produce a list of those who earned min wage and just send a cash cheque to them or also can request the help of EPF to produce a list of those will balance less than RM10,000 just deposit cash to their EPF accounts 😁

speakup

25,091 posts

PADU not a waste of time. PADU revealed malaysia only got 5.4 million very poor people who need subsidy. The rest so called poor are really not that poor and have been undeservingly collecting handouts and sucking the govt dry for years!

speakup

25,091 posts

pikir baik baik: if you are really very poor and desperate for govt handout, the PADU security issues will be the least of your concern. you will be more concern about getting govt money to survive.

Posted by Steven Chan > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Poor beggar can have new x 70. PADU is a waste of time n resources

jeffchan1901

1,320 posts

PADU is a waste of time. Technically I can be considered zero income, not even at B40 but according to LHDN my data shows that I was M40 before (3 years ago). They told me because I live in a nice zip code therefore I do not qualify for it. So if they already have a database, why bother to ask all of us to come on board this silly initiative?

For all you supporters, I would like to ask, did you register already and think it will help you? As long as you are or were in M40 before, you don't qualify for jack sheet.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz