SYMPHONY LIFE BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): SYMLIFE (1538)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,336 comment(s). Last comment by kancs3118 1 month ago

siam8888

466 posts

Posted by siam8888 > 2015-04-23 22:53 | Report Abuse

Shit shit counter

Eelyn Soon

514 posts

Posted by Eelyn Soon > 2015-04-24 12:31 | Report Abuse

collect at this level..

Posted by Robert Lee > 2015-04-24 14:38 | Report Abuse

waste time and monies with this counter... collect ? for what ?

siam8888

466 posts

Posted by siam8888 > 2015-05-01 00:37 | Report Abuse

No point to collect, waste your time and resource!!

Heng611

173 posts

Posted by Heng611 > 2015-05-06 12:50 | Report Abuse

more ppl dont see the picture, ringgit go down property have to go up same like USD up oil price go down. MRT and HSR will change everything.

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-15 15:14 | Report Abuse

SYMLIFE AT THE CURRENT PRICE OF 0.84 IS VERY UNDERVALUED. Bonescythe.blogspot.com gave a very good/bullish analysis on 17 April 2014(can access therein for details). good fundamentals with good earnings (9 mth RM39m or EPS 14.3 SEN), low P.E.(SINGLE DIGIT), Solid NTA of 2.10, and has a good track record of rewading shareholders with bonus, treasury shares and cash dividends. Lots of undervalued landed assets in good/prime locations in the Klang Valley and Penang.+ many ongoing projects. Its share price could be poised to run up when they announce its 4Q/full year results in the next 2 weeks.Will be good if they also announce some capital management plans (like bonus/treasury shares distribution+ cash dividends to reward shareholders ) to unlock its value and enhance the market liquidity of its shares (small capital base of only 310m shares of RM1 par vaue.)

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-16 12:29 | Report Abuse

Hi DarrenLiew, SymLife does not have land at Penang ~ but they have about 200++ acres in Kedah...besides the above, anything else you have found out about SymLife?

Datuk Azman Yahyah is carrying about 20%++ of Symphony House shares in SymLife. Up to now, i do not know whether it is good or bad? Mind to advice on this?

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-16 14:32 | Report Abuse

HI, KANCS3118,

SYMLIFE DO HAVE A VALUABLE PIECE OF FREEHOLD LAND IN THE PRIME LOCATION OF TANJUNG BUNGAG, PENANG ISLAND ITSELF. WILL PROVIDE DETAILS OF IT LATER.ON MY RETRIEVAL.

MEANWHILE PLSE CLARIFY IF SYMPHONY HOUSE ITSELF IS HOLDING 20% SYMLIFE'S SHARES AND THIS 20% IS BENEFICIALLY OWNED BY DATO AZMAN YAHYA.. TQ

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-16 15:37 | Report Abuse

@ Darren, symlife's maiden project in Penang is Surin. The project has since been completed. Other than that, I am not aware they have land in Penang. If yes, how big is it? If it is just a few acres, then there is nothing to shout about.

By the way, symlife has about 20% of symhouse shares. This explains why they have a loss from other investing operations in their quarterly reports as the shares are marked to market and symhouse shares are not doing well....

The reason why I ask us because symhouse is supposed to have a RTO with Ranhill...and there is not much news until now....

B the way, Datum A man Yahya got paid about RM4.0M in directors fees....makes you wonder whether he is treating symlife as a personal piggy bank?

Other than the points highlighted above, I agree that symlife is VERY undervalued at this price point...especially taking into consideration their Sungai Long land...

Sorry that I am quite sceptical about things...just the way I am....

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-16 16:11 | Report Abuse

HI, DOUBLED CHECKED. I THINK THERE IS A MISCONCEPTION THAT SYMPHONY HOUSE OWNS SHARES IN SYMLIFE.(HENCE THE ERRONEOUS NEGATIVE IMPLICATIONS OF SYMPHONY HOUSE'S CURRENT RTO PROBLEMS) THIS IS INCORRECT. SYMHONY HOUSE DO NOT OWN ANY SHARES IN SYMLIFE. TAN SRI OWNS 65.6M (22.24%)SHARES IN SYMLIFE AND ARE BEEN HELD AS : 8.3M (DIRECT) + 57.6M (INDIRECT/DEEMED INTEREST HELD VIA GAJAHRIMAU CAPITAL S/B AS BENEFICAIL OWNER. SYMPHONY HOUSE IS ONLY THE REGISTERED ADDRESS OF GAJAHRIMAU CAPITAL.. I HAD VERIFIED THIS FACT FROM ITS ANNOUNCEMENTS TO BURSA.
HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP TO BOOST THE INVESTORS' CONFIDENCE IN SYMLIFE. ( I WILL TRY TO FORWARD THE CORRECT SHAREHOLDINGS TO SHARE OUT THE INFO)

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-16 16:14 | Report Abuse

Changes in Sub. S-hldr's Int. (29B)

SYMPHONY LIFE BERHAD

Particulars of substantial Securities Holder

Name

Tan Sri Mohamed Azman bin Yahya
Address No. 1, Jalan Setiabakti 2
Damansara Heights
50490 Kuala Lumpur
NRIC/Passport No/Company No. 640108-03-5797
Nationality/Country of incorporation Malaysian
Descriptions (Class & nominal value) Ordinary Shares of RM1.00 each
Name & address of registered holder Gajahrimau Capital Sdn. Bhd. of Level 1, Symphony House, Pusat Dagangan Dana 1, Jalan PJU 1A/46, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Details of changes

Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)

Type of transaction Date of change
No of securities
Price Transacted (RM)
Acquired 31/07/2013
Acquired 31/07/2013

Circumstances by reason of which change has occurred Acquired in the open market
Nature of interest Deemed Interest
Direct (units) 8,300,000
Direct (%) 2.81
Indirect/deemed interest (units) 57,300,000
Indirect/deemed interest (%) 19.43
Total no of securities after change 65,600,000
Date of notice 31/07/2013

Remarks :
The shareholdings after the change are as follows:-

Direct Interest:-
Tan Sri Mohamed Azman bin Yahya - 8,300,000 (2.81%)

Indirect Interest:-
Gajahrimau Capital Sdn. Bhd. - 57,300,000 (19.43%)

Notification was received by the Company on 31 July 2013.

Announcement Info
Company Name SYMPHONY LIFE BERHAD
Stock Name SYMLIFE
Date Announced 31 Jul 2013
Category Changes in Substantial Shareholder's Interest Pursuant to Form 29B of the Companies Act. 1965
Reference No SL-130731-21229

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-16 16:20 | Report Abuse

HI, CANCS3118,
NICE TO EXCHANGE INFO TO SHARE OUT WHAT EVER WE CAN ONTAIN FROM MARKET SOURCES.
I ALSO BELIEVE THE PENANG PROJECT IN SURIN IS AN OLD PROJECT. BASED ON THE INFO I GOT IN APRIL 2014, THEY HAVE A 3.41 ACRES FREEHOLD LAND IN TANJUNG BUNGAH PULAU PINANG. (WILL TRY TO FORWARD THE DETAILS )

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-16 16:34 | Report Abuse

COMING BACK TO SHAREHOLDINGS. DO SYMLIFE OWN ANY SHARES IN SYMPHONY HOUSE?

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-16 17:28 | Report Abuse

SORRY . U DID MENTIONED THE 20 % SHARE HOLDINGS.
NEVERTHELESS, MAYBE WE CAN NOW LOOK AT THE POSITIVE SIDE OF CROSSHOLDING OF SHARES. HENCEFORTH THERE MAY NOT BE ANY MORE IMPACT OF ANY MARK TO MARKET ON THE BOTTOM LINE OF SYMLIFE (ALREADY DONE IN PREVIOUS QUARTERS' RESULTS AND SYMPHONY HOUSE'S SHARE PRICE HAS NOT VARIED MUCH NOR HAS ANY SIGNIFICANT DOWNSIDE. ON THE OTHER HAND, THE PRICE OF SYMPHONY HOUSE CAN RALLY ON ANY PROGRESS OF THE RTO FOR RANHILL (MORE FOR ITS WATER ASSETS).

SYMPHONY HOUSE'S FUNDAMENTALS ARE ALSO SOUND/STRONG AS INDICATED BELOW:

Symphony will be a very interesting share to be monitor in the coming days due to
- RTO process to Ranhill Energy & Resources Berhad
- Net cash position of RM 40m, and a possibly RM 65million after the sale of Symphony HRS
- Possible special dividend payout to shareholder
- Current cash value being 40% of the share price at RM 0.15
- Huge accumulation at the range of RM 0.20 and above

(BASED ON THE ABOVE, THERE ARE ALSO GOOD/POSITIVE UPSIDES FOR SYMLIFE'S SHAREHOLDINGS IN SYMYHONY HOUSE. SYMLIFE WILL BENEFIT A LOT IF SYMPHONY GIVES ITS SPECIAL DIVIDENDS. ALSO, ANY NEWS OF PROGRESS ON THE RTO WILL RALLY UP BOTH SYMLIFE'S AND SYMPHONY HOUSE'S SHARE PRICES.

ALL IN ALL, I REMAIN POSITIVE ON SYMLIFE WITH ALL ITS VERY UNDERVALUED LAND ASSETS IN PRIME LOCATIONS (NTA ALREADY 2.10 BEFORE REVALUATION), CONTINUING PROFITABLE RESULTS, MANY ON GOING PROJECTS, IT BEING GENEROUS IN REWARDING SHAREHOLDERS. LET'S BE OPTIMISTIC IN ITS UPCOMING 4Q/FULL YEAR RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENTS.

TQ

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-16 22:05 | Report Abuse

i cannot deny that SymLife is asset rich - and its current assets (alone) is able to cover its total liabilities and the excess when divided by 310.0M shares is about the current market price. In addition to the Sungai Long land, SymLife has various parcels of lands bought long ago at cheap price but now is valued at many folds of its original purchase price.

You can check out the postings by James70 - about the lands that SymLife has.

However, do note that the EPS for this year factors in the disposal of some of its non-core assets. Hence, profits from main operating activities is just average only (nothing to shout about).

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-17 09:38 | Report Abuse

SYMLIFE . My positive views : the extraordinary gains on its disposals of non-core assets/businesses is a good strategy as it raised cash resources (to support its core business ops), reduced its gearing (thus saving interest costs), Will increase profitability, EPS and enhance its ROE, thus strengthening its financial fundamentals on top of its strong assets fundamentals (valuable landbanks which are (very undervalued.
All the right strategies supporting its sound financial & asset fundamentals.
Waiting for the CATALYSTS to rally its share price.I believe it has many potential catalysts.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-17 10:00 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew, just checked the annual report 2014. I hereby confirmed that SymLife does not have any landbank in Penang.

if you look at Q2'15 earnings, SymLife is actually making a loss in that quarter but this is masked by selling off one of its subsidiaries. The reason for the losses in Q2'15 is due to the delays in getting permits from the authorities and this caused a delay in launching the projects. This point to gaps in its project execution.

No doubt SymLife has alot of undervalued assets, by virtue of its parcels of landbanks in and around Selangor. However, its execution ability is NOT top notch. In the long run, a company is judged by its operating profits from its core businesses (in this case, property development) and how well it translates the operating profits into operating cash flows. By right, we should only buy into SymLife when the P&L is showing healthy gross and net profits and this translates into positive operating cash flows (at least for a few quarters). You maybe paying more at that point in time as compared to now.

Having said the above, i admit that SymLife is in the best position to achieve the above judging by her cheap landbank and selling off at prevailing market prices. This almost guaranteed high profit margin.

Unfortunately, SymLife has not yet proved the above hypothesis and therefore this may not be an appropriate entry point to buy SymLife.

However, i admit this is an appropriate entry price, since buying at current price ~ RM0.84 is considered having a huge margin of safety relative to its landbanks.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-17 10:09 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew, i am not contesting the fact that SymLife is restructuring its business to focus on property development. As rightly pointed out by your goodself, this will strengthen its balance sheet. But then, it will come to a point whereby there is no more non-core businesses/ assets to sell. At that point in time, it all boils down to its property development business.

What i am trying to highlight is how well can SymLife monetise its assets? As an investor, i want to see strong gross profit margin and strong net profit margin from its core business ~ which is property development and how well this translates to its operating cash flows.

At this point in time, i cannot find the evidence that SymLife is achieving the above ~ maybe to the extent it can rival TamBun Indah (a Penang based property development company). It may achieve the above sometime in the future, but NOT now. Hence, the future brings with it certain amount of risk.

But if your entry price is at RM0,84, then i think you are well guarded against this risk since this entry price has build in a huge margin of safety relative to the market price or even the cost price of the landbanks.

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-17 10:28 | Report Abuse

Agreed. Warren Buffet, the world's most successful stock market investor advised against "timing the market". Difficult to accomplish. Hence after ascertaining its strong fundamentals, buying it when its share price is still low (undervalued relative to its present NTA 2.10 which is conservative based on the fact that many of its landbank assets in prime locations have not been revalued at all)can be the appropriate "entry price "investment strategy.
Read that it's huge and valuable land in Sg Long, KL/SELANGOR,is ready as it had recently paid the land conversion premium. Will get more details for sharing.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-17 10:33 | Report Abuse

i think you can refer to the postings by James70.

he has written alot about SymLife.

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/cube/james70.jsp

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-17 10:49 | Report Abuse

kancs3118. Will get more views n info from james70. thanks

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-19 16:48 | Report Abuse

LIKELY POSITIVE CATALYSTS TO DRIVE UP SYMLIFE'S SHARE PRICE AS IT DESERVES A MORE REALISTIC/FAIRER FAIR SHARE VALUE vis -a-vis ITS FUNDAMENTALS eg, CURRENT NTA 2.10, 9MTH PROFIT 39M, EPS 14.3 SEN, DEEPLY UNDERVALUED LANDBANKS.
SUCH CATALYSTS SHOULD INCLUDE :
1) A BETTER 4Q AND FULL YEAR RESULTS
2) HIGHER CASH DIVIDENDS + TREASURY SHARE DISTRIBUTION + POSITIVE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LIKE BONUS ISSUE. LIKELIHOOD TO CELEBRATE ITS 50TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY.
3) ACTIVE AND PROGRESSIVE UNLOCKING THE VALUE OF ITS DEEPLY UNDERVALUED LANDBANK ASSETS.VIA ITS ONGOING AND UPCOMING PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS. GOT 7 ONGOING PROJECTS INCLUDING THE STAR RESIDENCES@KLCC, TWY@MONT KIARA, THE WHARF RESIDENCES TOWER28. ITS 3 UP COMING PROJECTS INCLUDE THE WHARF-RETAIL MALL, TAMAN TASIK PRIMA, PUCHONG, AND 51G K, SIGNAL HILL KK.
THESE DEVELOPMENTS WILL MONETISE ITS VALUABLE BUT DEEPLY UNDERVALUED LANDBANKS (I.E. TURN THEM INTO CASH PROFITSTO BRING UP THE MARKET VALUE OF ITS SHARES THEREBY REWARDING ITS SHAREHOLDERS

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-19 16:57 | Report Abuse

@where you get this infor above?

about share treasury distribution ~ i don't place too much hope on it...the whole FY15, it only purchased 10,000 of its shares back despite lower share price....hahaha - what a joke~!!!

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-19 18:04 | Report Abuse

hi, did i obtain the correct info?
but the following announcment + the 10,000 bgt in 2015 will add up to 398,329 retained as Treasury shares.

Notice of Shares Buy Back by a Company pursuant to Form 28A

SYMPHONY LIFE BERHAD

Date of buy back from

01/12/2014
Date of buy back to 01/12/2014
Currency Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
Total number of shares purchased (units) 10,000
Minimum price paid for each share purchased ($$) 0.970
Maximum price paid for each share purchased ($$) 0.970
Total amount paid for shares purchased ($$) 9,752.91
The name of the stock exchange through which the shares were purchased Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad
Number of shares purchased retained in treasury (units) 10,000
Total number of shares retained in treasury (units) 388,329
Number of shares purchased which were cancelled (units) 0
Total issued capital as diminished 0
Date lodged with registrar of companies 08/12/2014

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-19 20:49 | Report Abuse

Errr..just to confirm with you... I think that the treasury shares that you mention amounting to 388329 has already been distributed last year 2014.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-19 20:49 | Report Abuse

Will be great if you confirm otherwise...

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-19 21:57 | Report Abuse

HI AGAIN. HA HA. LOOKED INTO ITS BALANCE SHEET AS AT 31/12/2014 AND CONFIRMED U WERE RIGHT, I.E. THE TREASURY SHARES HAD ALREADY BEEN DISTRIBUTED EARLIER.

NEVERTHELESS, ITS RETAINED PROFITS AS AT 31/12/14 IS HUGE AT RM306.3 MILLIONS AND WILL BE HIGHER AFTER ADDING IN THE PROFITS FOR THE 4Q ENDING 31/3/2015. CAN I BE OPTIMISTIC FOR A BUMPER CASH DIVIDEND OR THE SAME 4 SEN LIKE LAST YEAR BUT SWEETENED WITH AN ADDITIONAL SPECIAL DIVIDEND OR EVEN A BONUS ISSUE TO REWARD SHAREHOLDERS ON ITS 50TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!. IT WILL BE WONDERFUL AND THEY CAN AFFORD ALL THESE (NTA 2.10 + RETAINED PROFITS RM306M.

WHEN I SUGGESTED A POSITIVE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (eg bonus issue ) EARLIER ON, I WAS OF THE OPINION THAT IT COULD BE AN EFFECTIVE CORPORATE ACTION PLAN TO EXPAND ITS SHARE CAPITAL BASE FROM ITS PRESENT RELATIVELY SMALLISH 310M (PAR RM1) TO ENHANCE THE LIQUIDITY OF ITS SHARES TO ATTRACT INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS. WHEN LOCAL AND FOREIGN FUND MANAGERS LOOK FOR STOCKS TO INVEST IN, THEY ALWAYS CONSIDER ITS SHARE LIQUIDITY AS IMPORTANT. INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS WILL ENHANCE THE CORPORATE IMAGE AND THE BRAND NAME OF SYMLIFE. IT DESERVES IT. THIS CAN PROPEL SYMLIFE TO JOIN THE FAMILY OF TOP PROPERTY DEVELOPERS.

azlan88

509 posts

Posted by azlan88 > 2015-05-19 22:32 | Report Abuse

Star Residences will elevate their unbilled sales in Q1. I can see from my office that they probably had finish clearing and preparing the site. It took them quite some time, which I think due to limestone area. They are now carrying out piling using the bore pile. Phase 1 of Star Residence has received great response with 80++ percent of booking and phase 2 will be launched late this year.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-19 23:20 | Report Abuse

Hi Azlan88, how are you?
Great to see you are back at Symlife.

Anyway, the profits arising from Star Residences are shared on a 50-50 basis. Not all belongs to Symlife.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-20 13:44 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew,
For me, i will be quite happy if they can maintain previous year's dividend of 4 cents. Reason is that SymLife has been reporting negative operating cash flows for the past few quarters and this problem is made more acute by the weak property market especially the high end segment. Do not forget that SymLife is focusing alot on high end segment.

nemesis

3,989 posts

Posted by nemesis > 2015-05-20 15:25 | Report Abuse

guys don u all think tat Symlife is high gearing with low cash in hand??? Correct me if i am wrong...

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-20 15:28 | Report Abuse

kancs3118. AGREE WITH YOUR POINTS ON THE CURRENT SOFTER PROPERTY MARKET ESPECIALLY FOR HIGHEND SUB SECTORS. NEVERTHELESS, MY OPTIMISM IS BASED ON THE SUCCESSFUL LAUNCHES OF THE 7 ONGOING PROJECTS, ALL OF WHICH WERE REPORTED TO HAVE ACHIEVED THEIR HIGH TAKE UP RATES MAINLY DUE TO THEIR PRIME LOCATIONS AND THE GOOD TIMING OF THE LAUNCHES (BEFORE THE CURRENTSOFTER DEMAND CONDITIONS) THE SUCCESS OF THESE ONGOING 7 HIGH VALUE PROJECTS WILL STAND IN GOOD STEAD FOR SYMLIFE'S PERFORMANCES FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS. EG, STAR RESIDENCES@KLCC LAUNCHED SEVERAL MONTHS BACK HAD ALREADY ACHIEVED ITS 80% TAKE UP RATE. IT BEEN LOCATED IN THE CITY CENTRE AND ITS PROXIMITY TO THE PRIME ICONIC KLCC PETRONAS TWIN TOWERS WILL HELP IT TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE LAUNCH OF PHASE TWO OF THE STAR RESIDENCES.

THE OTHER PLUS FACTORS SUPPORTING THE PROSPECTS AND CONTINUING PROFITABILITY OF SYMLIFE ARE ANCHORED IN THE FACT THAT ALMOST ALL ITS LARGE LANDBANK WERE OWNED AT VERY LOW COSTS COMPARED TO THEIR CURRENT MARKET VALUES. THEY THUS HAVE VERY FAT PROFIT MARGINS TO CUSHION THEM IN ANY SLOWDOWN IN THE PROPERTY MARKET.

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-21 00:20 | Report Abuse

GREAT FOR SYMLIFE. GOOD NEWS ON SELANGOR WATER RESTRUCTURING, IMPLEMENTATION OF LANGAT 2, AND HENCE VERY POSITIVE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SYMLIFE'S SG LONG LANDBANK. ITS GDV WORTH RM8B IS HUGE AND IT COMES WITH BIG PROFIT MARGETS DUE TO ITS VERY LOW HOLDING COSTS AND HIGH CURRENT MARKET VALUATION OF LANDS THERE. SYMLIFE'S 460 ACRES IS HUGE.HENCE ANY LAND ACQUISITION WILL BE RELATIVELY MINOR IN PROPORTION AND THE COMPENSATION WILL BE BASED ON CURRENT MARKET VALUATION. IN ADDITION A NEW EXPRESSWAY IS BEING PROPOSED THROUGH THE LANDBANK. MORE ACQUISITION CASH TO BE RECEIVED WHILLE ALSO BOOSTING THE MARKET VALUES OF THE REMAINING LANDBANK WHICH WILL STILL BE LARGE. MOST IMPORTANTLY,THE DEVELOPMENT OF ITS SG LONG LAND WILL BE EPEDITED.

THE NEWS RELEASE IS ATTACHED HEREUNDER:

Master agreement on water restructuring to be revived
May 20, 2015
PUTRAJAYA: The Federal and Selangor governments have agreed to complete the restructuring exercise of the Selangor water supply industry within 60 days by reviving the Master Agreement.

“We both also agreed to complete the restructuring exercise within 60 days,” he said in a statement today.
Ongkili said with this latest commitment of the menteri besar, the Selangor government also promised to honour all the commitments made earlier to expedite the issuance of necessary approvals for permits and land required for the Langat 2 Water Treatment Plant and its distribution system.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-21 08:18 | Report Abuse

@Darren Liew, just asking...
Question 1:
When will selangor state government acquires the sungai long land?
Question 2:
How big of the land that they will acquire? Also, how will the state government going to compensate Symlife for that acquisition? Via land swap or via cash?
Will it be at prevailing market value?

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-21 09:47 | Report Abuse

kancs3118. hi, no details yet on the size of the land acquisition for Langat2. The portion required for waterworks normally are not much n as a percentage to Sym's Sg Long landbank size, it will not be significant. Luckily Symlife's landbank at Sg Long with 460 acres is big and can accomodate the requirement without hampering the development of the rest of the land.
The 2 month timeline to implement the water restructuring Master Plan is reasonable. THhe process to develop Sg Long's landbank can proceed without further delay.

The relevant law on land acquisition by the Govt will follow the the current/prevailing market valuation Already in practice for some time. The exact terms of Govt compensation is not known yet.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-21 10:19 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew, the Sungai Long land is only at 412 acres according to the latest 2014 Annual Report.
Anyway, how big is a water treatment plant (in terms of acreage)?
I don't think the state government will resort to land grab.
SymLife maybe compensated via cash (tag to market price ~ maybe discount abit to give face to Selangor state government) or land swaps.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-21 19:46 | Report Abuse

SymLife is quite steady - overall KLCI drops - but then, still holding ground at RM0.84 to RM0.85...

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-21 21:55 | Report Abuse

kancs3118 The fact is that Symlife is very strongly backed by tangible assets in the form of its valuable and sizeable landbank. Its audited NTA is already 2.10. Some estimated its RNAV @ RM9.00 per share if its landbank is revalued benchmarked against recent land transactions in areas where Symlife owns significant acreages. Most importantly Symlfe's Directors are competently and diligently unlocking the value of its landbank by developing it, thus creating value for its shareholders. It had already successfully launched 7 high value projects the last 2 years and has another 3 in the pipeline. To all these will soon be added its next big one at Sg Long (now that the Water Restructuring Master Plan especially Langat2 is going to be implemented within 2 months, thus clearing the way for development of Sg Long).
U directed me to gather more info on Symlife from James70. One particular comment from there impressed me deeply " those who invest in Symlife shares will be rewarded with a very tidy profit". Many thanks kancs3118.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-22 08:07 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew, well... Buying at this price RMO.85 will give you a huge a margin of safety. Despite what is being said here, the future brings with it an element of uncertainty and this margin of safety will mitigate this risk.

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-22 10:13 | Report Abuse

FULLY AGREED THAT WHILE LOOKING FOR SHARES WITH GOOD INVESTMENT RETURNS LIKE CAPITAL GAINS, DIVIDEND YIELDS, RISK MANAGEMENT ESPCIALLY ITS SAFETY MARGIN IS ALSO IMPORTANT IN THE PRESERVATION OF OUR CAPITAL FUNDS

azlan88

509 posts

Posted by azlan88 > 2015-05-22 20:12 | Report Abuse

Yes I know Star Residence is JV with UMLand, which provides lifeline from them. Next launches such as 51G Residences also focus on luxury condominium. High working capital has to be deployed for this project while market is going for affordable houses.

Hopefully the Wharf, TWY and Elevia Residences can provide some support. The also will launch a mall at the Wharf.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-23 08:09 | Report Abuse

seems like bad market timing from SymLife...focusing on high end segment whilst the whole market now is focusing on affordable housing...but in their latest quarterly reports, they are saying they are going to shift to affordable housing - but until now, batang hidung pun tak nampak?

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-23 09:50 | Report Abuse

LOOKING FROM A POSITIVE PERSPECTIVE, SYMLIFE'S BUSINESS PROSPECTS SHOULD BE OK. THEY HAD THE FORTUNE OF GOOD TIMING FOR HAVING SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED ITS 7 HIGH END PROJECTS CATERING FOR THE PREMIUM MARKET SEGMENT BEFORE THE SOFTER SENTIMENTS SETS IN. THE HIGH TAKE UP RATES IN ALL THESE ONGOING PROJECTS WILL PROVIDE SUPPORT IN TERMS OF GDV, PROFITABILITY AND CASH FLOWS.

SYMLIFE IS ALSO LIKELY TO CONTINUE IN ITS FORTUITIOUS PATH. kancs3118 said "in their last quarterly report, they are going to shift to affordable housing". I THINK SYMLIFE'S
DIRECTORS ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD FORESIGHT AND BUSINESS ACUMEN. THEY HAD CORRECTLY FORESEEN THE LIKELY CHANGE IN THE FUTURE OF PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS AND ARE ACTUALLY PREPARING FOR THE SHIFT TO AFFORDABLE HOUSING TO STRENTHEN THEIR BUSINESS FUNDAMENTALS. THEY ALSO HAVE THE LUCKY BREAK FROM THE JUST ANNOUNCED 60 DAYS FEDERAL/SELANGOR STATE GOVT COMPLETION TIMELINE FOR THE "WATER RESTRUCTURING FOR SELANGOR". SYMLIFE'S SG LONG'S RM8B GDV PROJECT IN ITS 412 ACRES WAS HELD BACK BYTHE NEED OF THE STATE GOVT TO ACQUIRE PART OF SG LONG'S LAND FOR THE LANGAT2 WATER PLANT AND THE PROPOSED NEW HIGHWAY THERE. SYMLIFE CAN NOW PROCEED AND ITS 412 ACRES IS HUGE AND THIS IS WHERE SYMLIFE CAN NOW "shift to its preplanned affordable housing there.Its 412 acres is big and therefore able to accomodate it in its mixed housing strategy. SG LONG'S LOCATION IN THE KAJANG/CHERAS DISTRICTS (NON PRIME AS IN ITS KLCC, MONT KIARA) IS ALSO SUITABLE FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING. SYMLIFE ALSO HAS THE HUGE COST ADVANTAGE IN THAT IT OWNS SG LONG LAND AT VERY VERY LOW COSTS ( INHERITED FROM ITS PREDECESSOR'S TIME (BOLTON). HENCE WILL STILL HAVE A COMFORTABLE PROFIT MARGIN

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-23 16:13 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew... We need to differentiate between facts versus opinion...
Facts = based on verifiable information such as annual report / market price of land...
Opinions = deriving a conclusion based on facts

It is a fact that in the chairman message in last year annual report by Datuk Azman Yahya that he mentioned the property market is getting soft. He add that the market is expected to return to normal during 2015...but in fact...it does not.

Now, in the latest quarterly report, it was mentioned they are looking to build affordable housing. The question is that whether Symlife is capable to add one more affordable housing project to its list? there are already 7 projects in the works now and 3 upcoming projects in the pipeline. All these 10 projects are focussed on the high end segment - the segment that is hardly hit by this property market slowdown. Hence, my opinion is that datuk misread the market.

He tried to change course but it is a bit too late... He tries to focus on affordable housing but then his plate is full because he got 10 projects already.....

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-23 16:15 | Report Abuse

Hopefully, you are able to correct me on the above...

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-23 20:29 | Report Abuse

DID SOME RESEARCH. PERSONALLY, THE OVERALL FINDINGS ARE STILL POSITIVE AFTER TAKING INTO AC THE CURRENT SOFTER PROPERTY MARKET CONDITIONS. SOME INDICATIONS ON ITS ON-GOING PROJECTS (including those planned to be launched in the 2nd half of 2015):
1) ELEVIA RESIDENCES. (more than 60% sold as at 30/9/2014 per its 3Q results report)
2) STAR RESIDENCES@KLCC (50:50 J/V with UMLAND. More than 80% sold as recently reported. Its very prime location near the Iconic Petronas Twin Towers attracted good excellent demand/sales)
3) THE WHARF RESIDENCES @TOWER28 (villas + 1 block of 25 storey condo at Tmn Tasik Prima, Puchong. don't have news on its take up rate. However location is said to be good)
THE OTHER 4 PROJECTS listed as "on-going" are planned to be launched in the 2nd half of 2015 (per its 2nd Q report). In view of the softer market for high end houses and the higher demand for affordable housing, i believe the D'tors may reschedule their launches if their own research warrants such a business strategy.
AS I HAD EARLIER OPINED. SYMLIFE GOT LUCK. AND I BELIEVE IT WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE LUCKY BREAK IN GETTING THE GREENLIGHT TO PROCEED WITH ITS RM8B SG. LONG PROJECT (which was delayed by the stalemate in the water restructuring master plan but now agreed to be implemented within 60 days). Its 412 acres in the Kajang/Cheras district is huge and owned long ago at very low costs. This location is non-prime but still good and very suitable for AFFORDABLE HOUSING.
HENCE I BELIEVE A REPLANNING BY SYMLIFE IN GIVING PRIORITY TO THE SG LONG PROJECT AND REVISE THE LAUNCHING OF ITS YET TO BE LAUNCHED 4 PROJECTS WILL BE
GOOD BUSINESS STRATEGY WHICH WILL BE WELL RECEIVED BY INVESTORS.

(NB. READ IN ITS 3Q FINANCIAL REPORTS THAT SYMLIFE SOLD SOME NON-CORE ASSETS AND BROUGHT IN A CASH INFLOW OF RM63M TOGETHER WITH A CAPITAL GAIN OF RM26.5M. Positive news.)

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-23 23:02 | Report Abuse

@ Darren Liew, thanks for sharing. Just asking, why do you think SymLife is anxious to start off developing their Sungai Long land?

darrenliew

968 posts

Posted by darrenliew > 2015-05-23 23:33 | Report Abuse

TO ME, PRIORITISING THE DEVELOPMENT OF SG. LONG LAND OVER THE OTHER 4 PLANNED BUT NOT YET LAUNCHED PROJECTS OF THE HIGHER END SEGMENT OF THE PROPERTY MARKET IS PRUDENT TWEAKING OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES TO FOLLOW AND MEET THE RIGHT/CURRENT CUSTOMERS' DEMAND. AFFORDABLE HOUSING IS THE RIGHT PRODUCT NOWADAYS. LOGICALLY, SYMLIFE SHOULD DO THIS FOR THE REASON:
SG LONG LAND'S LOCATION IS NOT PRIME COMPARED TO KLCC OR MONT KIARA BUT ITS STILL QUITE GOOD BEING IN THE KAJANG/CHERAS AREA. IT WILL NOT BE A "WASTE" TO DEVELOP IT FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING. SYMLIFE CAN STILL MAKE A COMFORTABLE PROFIT MARGIN DUE TO ITS LAND COST HOLDINDS BEING VERY LOW (OWNED LONG AGO UNDER BOLTON'S TIME) 412 ACRES IS HUGE AND SYMLIFE CAN BUILD AFFORDABLE HOUSES NOW FOR FASTER MONETISING OF THIS UNDERVALUED LANDBANK AND GENERATE FASTER CASH INFLOWS AND RESERVE SOME PORTION OF IT FOR MORE HIGH END DEVELOPMENT WHEN MARKET DEMAND FOR THE LATTER RETURNS.

WE WILL GET A CLEARER PICTURE FROM THEIR 4Q REPORTS WHICH SHOULD BE RELEASED NEXT WEEK.

kancs3118

2,201 posts

Posted by kancs3118 > 2015-05-23 23:44 | Report Abuse

Hi Darren Liew, thank you so much for sharing...well...let us keep on exchanging information .... will be looking forward for next week when SymLife released its 4th Quarter results.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz