BURSA MALAYSIA BHD

KLSE (MYR): BURSA (1818)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.07 (0.91%)

Day's Change

7.70 - 7.79

Trading Volume

10 people like this.

5,331 comment(s). Last comment by yielder 1 week ago

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-12-29 12:40 | Report Abuse

lionel messi .........or.....it's Funds pumping interest into the stock by gapping the open, to entice punters to join the show. The higher the price, the better the shorters profits are if they believe this stock is going to deliver lower EPS and dividends in the upcoming quarters.

As you say, let's see what unfolds, but I'm not buying the story of a recovery play, especially with the unknown effects of the new Stamp Duty rate for 2022.

Perhaps I'm just a cynic :)

Happy Nut

31 posts

Posted by Happy Nut > 2021-12-29 19:47 | Report Abuse

Still waiting 5.50

Yippy68

1,670 posts

Posted by Yippy68 > 2021-12-29 19:54 | Report Abuse

ban ban tan la 5.50

Kim

3,931 posts

Posted by Kim > 2021-12-29 20:23 | Report Abuse

Friday RM7 =)

Posted by Lee Chee Wai > 2021-12-30 02:12 | Report Abuse

FM will review Budget Plan on Trading cost.....

Posted by lionel messi > 2021-12-30 09:36 | Report Abuse

Haha, didn't know review is another word for panicking, flip flopping, face saving, incompetent, changing goal post, etc.

Posted by lionel messi > 2021-12-30 09:42 | Report Abuse

How old are you Nut? If you are elderly, you may not make it. Like Yippy said, you may need to wait a long long time.

Kim

3,931 posts

Posted by Kim > 2021-12-30 12:13 | Report Abuse

6.60 going to be support for now.

limkokthye

6,039 posts

Posted by limkokthye > 2021-12-30 18:56 | Report Abuse

jibye, roti canai pusing pusing , make ppl scare sell like mad

Kim

3,931 posts

Posted by Kim > 2021-12-30 21:22 | Report Abuse

Felai

Posted by lionel messi > 2021-12-31 08:11 | Report Abuse

Case rested. Regulators do your job and justify your high pay.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-12-31 08:56 | Report Abuse

Good onya,lionel messi, it explains Wednesday's opening rush to buy and flip.

Is anyone convinced this will make that much of a difference to trading in the new year?

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2021-12-31 09:07 | Report Abuse

Coincidently, the shorters returned to Bursa yesterday, 62,400 shorted. They had stopped for over a week before yesterday's return.

Posted by lionel messi > 2021-12-31 15:02 | Report Abuse

Thanks TreeTop. Market has spoken today: Not good enough. You can keep it. The worse is yet to come. Unless it's a screaming buy, do not pay ridiculous high transaction cost.

Posted by mokluhanj21 > 2021-12-31 19:51 | Report Abuse

This Tengku as a Finance Minister is so naive. Not only he crashed Bursa after his last Bajet announcement, now flip flopping. Dumb or what?

yfchong

5,744 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2022-01-01 10:41 | Report Abuse

Can return to rm 8

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-01 13:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by yfchong > Jan 1, 2022 10:41 AM | Report Abuse

Can return to rm 8

yfchong, Happy New Year and no offence intended :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD1MJRXnZfE

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2022-01-02 10:21 | Report Abuse

With higher stamps duty, this year Bursa profit sure down. I expect Bursa share down to below RM6 in mid of this year.

SHQuah

5,363 posts

Posted by SHQuah > 2022-01-02 10:22 | Report Abuse

Maintain sell.

getingreal

404 posts

Posted by getingreal > 2022-01-04 10:30 | Report Abuse

Div announcement due 2nd Feb. MOF flip flops show higher stamp duty increases are not cast in stone. MOF may yet wake up to the fact that the proposed stamp duty increases are counter productive to Malaysia's financial wellbeing.

Wirajati

598 posts

Posted by Wirajati > 2022-01-04 20:42 | Report Abuse

It seems that experience as bankers are not sufficient to steer bursa higher or as mof. Maybe bankers are used to gain from rate margin. Banks sure will gain something from current mof, investing public? Not so much.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-05 10:22 | Report Abuse

@Wirajati, it's actually not that difficult to assess what has gone wrong and what is continuing to go wrong.

When you study Economics at school and university you are taught in ways that are measurable with figures that can be used to forecast business development and forward planning. This is ideal in most cases for business but it is a totally different dynamic when you are running a country. To compound the issue, the science of economics can almost be thrown out the window when you have divisive factors in play within that country or region. Does that remind you of anywhere? :)

There are solutions, especially with the abundance of natural resources, however many within the majority race would possibly find those solutions unpalatable therefore we remain stuck within the status quo. No matter who is running the Finance Ministry I strongly believe it would still be a case of jumping at shadows to keep the economy ticking over. Unfortunately that is not an inspiring or astute solution.

"Economics is an art form, not a science". More so when running a country.

Have you ever heard any politician say....." to avoid increasing taxes and reducing new taxes, we will focus on the haemorrhaging of the country's treasury and reduce unnecessary spending". Answer, no....because it's not politically palatable.

Just my thoughts, rant over for today :)

Wirajati

598 posts

Posted by Wirajati > 2022-01-05 12:56 | Report Abuse

Quite a rant there treetop, well all these will be temporary, until mof realize that they are targeting wrong sectors for additional millions.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-05 13:05 | Report Abuse

I wouldn't hold your breath, Wirajati. The country needs a complete reset and you know as well as I do that will never happen.

Business as usual is their mantra.

Wirajati

598 posts

Posted by Wirajati > 2022-01-05 13:29 | Report Abuse

Could not agree more, tree top.

Posted by lionel messi > 2022-01-06 14:27 | Report Abuse

Padan muka, serves you right, you get what you deserved, you asked for it, tai sei, blame no one except yourself...what else can I say TreeTop? You can try and bulldoze things through but the market will teach you a lesson. You think we are a financial hub? You are a market not many are interested in the first place, yet go and increased trading cost. Now go shiok sendiri.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-06 15:05 | Report Abuse

The FM will still tell all who want to listen that we are about to have a strong recovery. He said the exact same thing in 2020 about 2021.

I recall telling family and friends in 2020 that 2021 was going to be much worse for the people and very few agreed with me, believing a strong recovery was imminent. During 2021 they eventually came to their senses and acknowledged they had been conned.

We need less of the populist catchphrases like "Malaysian Family" and focus on some actual plans to kickstart the economy, as plugging the holes only works for so long. Unfortunately people with vision seem very light on the ground.

Perhaps we can let PAS run the show for six months so that we can put that final nail in the economic coffin :)

masterus

3,545 posts

Posted by masterus > 2022-01-06 15:08 | Report Abuse

Fed Minutes Point to Possible Rate Increase in March
Officials also are considering an earlier timetable for shrinking their $8.76 trillion bond portfolio

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-08 09:09 | Report Abuse

Early last night I read a report from CIMB stating that their net profit estimate for Bursa for the upcoming Quarterly report (out on 28 January) was Rm50.5 Million. That is a considerable drop from the previous quarterly of Rm79.94 Million. I'm assuming they have based their estimate on recorded daily turnover figures to come up with that number and not just pulled them out of their backside.

Based on Rm50.5 Million, you'd be looking at a quarterly EPS of 6.2 cents.The previous two quarters EPS were 9.90 cents (Q3) and 11 cents (Q2). Their 6.2 cents EPS estimate is taking the earnings in a direction close to the FY19 quarterly EPS results (5.6, 5.8, 5.7 and 5.8).

If they are correct it would certainly add weight to my estimated Fibonacci price point of 5.80 that I have mentioned in the past.
A reminder of the previous Fib. price points I'd calculated:

1. 6.80- took about 2 weeks to break down.
2. 6.55- broken very easily.
3. 6.35- took about 2 weeks to break down.
4. 6.20- an intraday break (6.17 close), then bounced with end of year price pump/ window dressing.
5. 5.80- No sign of that (yet?).

You could possibly add Rm6.00 to that as any break below a Rm1 point usually has some resistance, but it's not a Fib. price point.

The current BIG unknown (to me, anyway) is how this current quarter we are now in will perform, due to the added Stamp Duty rate increase. I'm still undecided on the net effect of this and unfortunately we'll have to wait until late April to find out what that quarter's results are.

It could be an interesting ride.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-08 09:21 | Report Abuse

I forgot to add, with the upcoming Quarterly there should be a dividend attached to it so there could probably be a bit of an upward relief rally as some may chase the dividend, however I'd expect things to settle down to normal once it goes Ex Dividend.

Currently that is three weeks away.

Posted by lionel messi > 2022-01-08 10:46 | Report Abuse

Totally agree TreeTop. But with their prospects so poor, share price post div is likely to be much much lower than the theoretical ex div price. Just my guesstimate.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-08 11:19 | Report Abuse

Hi lionel messi, yes that is what I inferred in my last post.

When I said "to settle down to normal once it goes Ex Dividend."

Example> If the share price was say 6.20 on release of the quarterly with also the dividend attached, let's say 25 cents, then I'd expect the price to move up a bit as punters seek the dividend. However, come Ex Div. it would return to the previous price (6.20) and continue its dropping trendline until a bottom was formed.

Posted by lionel messi > 2022-01-09 10:22 | Report Abuse

Agree. Div trap. Better sell cum, buy back lower ex div.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-09 11:36 | Report Abuse

I didn't know there was a market for cum.......sold in a bottle? :)

Traderjoes

248 posts

Posted by Traderjoes > 2022-01-12 11:56 | Report Abuse

not sure it's possible for retailers to do a short squeeze. maybe if people can start to hype up bursa on reddit and twitter, it may be possible

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-12 12:34 | Report Abuse

Traderjoes, good luck trying to pump a company with reducing revenue and net profit.

Perhaps you were trying to inject some humour into our day? :)

Posted by Value Investor Coo1eo > 2022-01-12 15:41 | Report Abuse

Reducing Revenue and Profit? Did I miss something?

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-12 16:38 | Report Abuse

Posted by Value Investor Coo1eo > Jan 12, 2022 3:41 PM | Report Abuse

Reducing Revenue and Profit? Did I miss something?

Yes, you must have missed that the last three quarters EPS have dropped from 15 cents, to 11 cents and 9.90 cents.

CIMB are estimating that the upcoming quarterly may have an EPS of 6.2 cents BUT don't pencil that in as a fact until the quarterly is released, as it may or may not be correct.

Posted by Value Investor Coo1eo > 2022-01-12 17:25 | Report Abuse

@TreeTopView - the earnings drop past 2 quarters and all other "bad news" has been duly priced in. Next 4-8 quarters earnings and revenue reducing? Where did you get that?

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-12 17:59 | Report Abuse

When did I say the next 4 to 8 quarters were reducing? I would never make such a reckless statement.

I think you must have dreamt that statement.

masterus

3,545 posts

Posted by masterus > 2022-01-12 22:25 | Report Abuse

US inflation jumped 7% in December as prices rise at rates unseen in decades
December is the seventh consecutive month in which inflation topped 5%, a blow to the Biden administration and Federal Reserve

Lauren Aratani
Wed 12 Jan 2022 08.56 EST
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via Email
The price of goods and services in the US continue to rise at rates unseen in decades, jumping 7% in December compared to the same month last year – the seventh consecutive month in which inflation has topped 5%.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-13 10:53 | Report Abuse

HLG have came out today with their estimates for the upcoming quarterly. They are suggest an EPS of 8.4 cents with a price valuation of Rm5.95.

This differs to last week's CIMB EPS estimate of 6.2 cents for the upcoming quarterly.

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/ptres/61705.jsp

masterus

3,545 posts

Posted by masterus > 2022-01-13 12:33 | Report Abuse

Gold gains as dollar retreats after U.S. inflation data

Jan 13 (Reuters) - Gold firmed on Wednesday as data showing U.S. inflation was within expectations dented the dollar and prompted buying from investors who seemed to have priced in the Federal Reserve's likely interest rate hike trajectory.

Posted by Value Investor Coo1eo > 2022-01-13 14:52 | Report Abuse

@Treetop - I challenged your statement " reducing revenue and profits" as i assumed you are an investor who will have AT LEAST a 1-2 year annualized outlook.

But I guess you are one of those day/week trader that just looking at coming 1Q results, going by what analyst reports (which is nothing but garbage) then i guess you are not an investor in my eyes.
I wont waste more time to respond to you.
Good luck to you

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-13 15:11 | Report Abuse

lol@Value Investor Coo1eo....you are quite the guy, aren't you. Keen to make statements that a factually wrong then you come back to add a bit more spice to say that I'm not an investor, in your eyes.

Clearly your eyes may need some assistance from an optometrist.

Let me remind you of what you said in November 12th last year when the Bursa price was 6.80......."this is not the time to be a "pessimist" rather this is a great opportunity to accumulate.
Bursa PE expansion is for sure in the coming years....so this level of valuation is temporary. sentiment driven. fundamentals are in tact and Bursa is an RM10 share."

Clearly 6.80 was NOT an ideal price to accumulate as the price has fallen to 6.15 intraday last month.

I have been suggesting since around June last year when the stock was trading around 8.05 to 8.15 that I believed that it would fall to current levels. Other regular readers and contributors on this thread will confirm this fact. A check of my posts from that time will also confirm that fact.

I have always said that my interest in Bursa was to follow the trend to eventually buy it as a LONG TERM INVESTOR, once I believe it reaches a suitable buying point. I have continually made that point for at least 6 months.

No need for you to reply or apoligise as I have no time for people like yourself.

Posted by lionel messi > 2022-01-13 15:57 | Report Abuse

What was that all abt TreeTop? Your friend suddenly had an episode of incoherent tantrum. You really have a huge array of admirers :)

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-01-13 16:08 | Report Abuse

It must be due to my good looks, LM. :)

Posted by lionel messi > 2022-01-13 16:54 | Report Abuse

Maybe you cum on too strong. Take it easy bro :)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz