INSAS BHD

KLSE (MYR): INSAS (3379)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (1.92%)

Day's Change

1.01 - 1.04

Trading Volume

44 people like this.

44,620 comment(s). Last comment by Sslee 12 minutes ago

speakup

25,170 posts

Posted by speakup > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

👏contrarian u d man!👏

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

When I am 70 or maybe earlier at 65 I want to be totally out of the stock market.

Sslee

4,820 posts

Posted by Sslee > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Everyone will have their own story to tell.

I graduate in 1986 when Mahathir policy of bumiputra first had drove away all the Foreign investment and even local Chinese can't expand their business without giving away their equity.

I send in hundrend of letters just to try to get my first full time job. And luckily I got my first job in SAB in Kapar an oleo-chemical plant

That the start of my carrer. I got married in 1991. Bought my first house in 1996 that cost me RM 120,000. Then Asean financial crisis hit Malaysia and my house monthly installment cannot even cover the loan interest.

I was employed by Indonesia company to start an oleochemical plant in Medan in 2001.

I bought my second house a semi-D in setia eco park that cost me about a million. I only start to invest in Bursa when I have spare money.
The rest is history.

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Sslee_blog/2021-11-06-story-h1593693467-Sharing_my_thought_with_INSAS_comrades.jsp

speakup

25,170 posts

Posted by speakup > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Man u guys are veterans of Klse. 🤙

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

I think MrSslee started investing late.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

The ASEAN financial crisis somehow benefited me because property price crashed and I was able to buy my condominium below market price.

xiaoeh

2,228 posts

Posted by xiaoeh > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

wah...
good experience sharing...
appreciated and hope we have more of this kind of sharing coming

xiaoeh

2,228 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse
When I am 70 or maybe earlier at 65 I want to be totally out of the stock market.

Follow your heart la...

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

>>>
Posted by TheContrarian > 2 hours ago | Report Abuse

>>>

You know best. Your decision will be based on your financial capacity, tolerance to risk, investing time horizon and investing objectives.

At a personal finance level, many retirees are careful to ensure their savings can sustain their standard of living until the last day of their life. Yes, they may not be able to risk losing money damaging their financial health, especially if they do not have another source of income.

Those who are financially better off, may take a different approach. In fact, they are not able to spend all their income. Incomes continue to accumulate and reinvested, and eventually passed onto their loved ones. In them, their investing time horizon is not what is left of their life span, but those of their loved ones which maybe many decades. Thus, they continue to invest in equities.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Presently I haven't touched a single sen from my EPF and PRS. The market value of my investment in the stock market currently stands in excess of RM250,000. And the cash with my broker, my FD amount to another ....... shhhh, I am not telling.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

At 65, I hope to be playing mahjong every week day rather than monitoring the stock market.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Pong ...... pong ..... kong ...... pong ...... kau!

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

The stock market this year the big gains were all during January, just a one month window period, after that it was either up a bit, long consolidation or drifting downwards which means you make little gains or nothing at all.

BLee

744 posts

Posted by BLee > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

“3iii > …Yes, they may not be able to risk losing money damaging their financial health, especially if they do not have another source of income.

Those who are financially better off, may take a different approach. In fact, they are not able to spend all their income. Incomes continue to accumulate and reinvested…”

Very well written, am almost at this cross road now.
I am very much in properties now collecting rental to sustain my daily expenses. Any extra will be used in traveling and reinvested in properties and the share market. At one time, I was almost out of the share market selling some bank stocks, selling one penny stock now at RM8 then and one great stock now at around RM4. The $ reinvested in properties which almost treble in price and the rental received enough to cover the bank loan.

“xiaoeh > wah...
good experience sharing...
appreciated and hope we have more of this kind of sharing coming”

Yes, good sharing. Let me share my experience, but still like to remain anonymous behind “BLee”.

My younger days not rich, but stays at a very rich environment, i.e. TOL land of 200'x50’ plank wood bungalow. My siblings and myself could do outdoor activities everyday cycling and playing hide and seek around the small squatter house. I couldn't give this environment to my children (1 ingenieur, 1 accountant and 1 IT).

Career wise, study Mechanical Engineering but more to Electrical Engineering and Technical Procurement after doing M&E works initially.

Sslee

4,820 posts

You need to exercise your mind even at old age. One of the mind exercise is keep learning the know how and know what on investment.
Know how old is KYY? He is active in investing just to exercise his mind.

xiaoeh

2,228 posts

Posted by Sslee > 28 minutes ago | Report Abuse
You need to exercise your mind even at old age. One of the mind exercise is keep learning the know how and know what on investment.
Know how old is KYY? He is active in investing just to exercise his mind.

Good one!!
regardless of how old
don't let our mind idle
do what u love
love what u do

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

I think KYY is 91.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

How many people actually live beyond 80?

BLee

744 posts

“kcchongnz blog >
Insas Warrants WC and Its Valuation kcchongnz

Publish date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024, 03:11 PM
This article is for education purpose. It is not about how I made money (or lose money) buying any share mentioned, nor I have any intention of promoting any share, which I never do….”

I have re-read the above writer's article, very refreshing. I think he is another example of getting old gracefully…I hope he will write more.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

The article was written at that time to promote Insas-WC.

Sslee

4,820 posts

I struggle almost all my whole life just to survive and raise my family. I only have spare money and accumulate my wealth during the last 10 years.

Imagine if I have the curent earning power when I am much younger, I will be a very happy man.

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee > 2 minutes ago | Report Abuse

I struggle almost all my whole life just to survive and raise my family. I only have spare money and accumulate my wealth during the last 10 years.

Imagine if I have the curent earning power when I am much younger, I will be a very happy man.

Difficult to tell....U could have bought more Xinquan n got burnt more badly

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Or u could have caught burnt during 1997/1998 financial crisis.....who knows

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Important thing now is with your wealth n experience/knowledge in stock mkt, what can u achieve in the coming years

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

@MrSslee, you have done extremely well. You are more knowledgeable of the ways the stock market is been played. You are aware of the syndicates pumping and dumping. You are now very confident of your stock picks.

Sslee

4,820 posts

CharlesT,
Most likely I will be KYY partner, a big shark goreng share market rather than be the suiyee sucker billis eaten by shark.

CharlesT

14,587 posts

The ultimate goal in stock mkt is to make money

Not to help poor idxots/ waterfish to make money

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Or to save / help waterfish from being eaten by sharks

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

What? MrSslee planning to become a shark?

Sslee

4,820 posts

Shark or not. Just make some money from Bursa and can sleep well at night.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

@MrSslee, with the money you are making from Bursa currently and in the future, you don't have to worry about your sleep.

xiaoeh

2,228 posts

SsLee sifu
u have done a great job to yourself and your family as well
i look up to u
Salute🕴

Windy1974

729 posts

Posted by Windy1974 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

SSlee is getting better in stock investment. However, most Malaysian can't afford his risk level.
Most Malaysian best follow 3iii, problem with 3iii, most can't understand what he said. He and most intellects don't understand that you need to converse at average IQ level.
Hence, please go and listen to Grand Pine Alfred youtube live every Tuesday 830pm. While i don't listen to it live, i always listen when i exercise. It will help most Malaysian. He is one guru i respect. Not like majority Malaysian gurus who are helping you without any motives (Most Malaysians dumb enough to believe)
BTW, he is from China. Reflect badly on Malaysians integrity

Sslee

4,820 posts

It is not hard to earn money from Bursa by just remember:
Share price will increase if EPS increase

1. EPS will increase in present of Earning Growth Catalyst (EPS sudden increase due to increase favorable production/products price or sudden reduce in raw material cost)

2. Beaten down stocks that start to turnaround.

You just need to monitor commodities price movement to know what will be the EPS of many companies listed in Bursa.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Yes, true, just need to do some own research, monitor commodities price movement which is now easy with the internet ....... but most people are damn lazy, mostly herd type just looking for tips.

Sslee

4,820 posts

For those lazy one then just feel the sentiment and swim with the shark, buy low sell high.

But remember to sell before the shark sell or you will be caught to be the last one holding the bag when music stop.

Sslee

4,820 posts

Aiyoyo, Tong of theedgemalaysia is now a trapped sotong in Insas.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Tong was doing ok in Insas at first but he then got greedy and bought Insas-WC at 42 sen. The unrealized loss on his Insas-WC has eaten into his unrealized gain on Insas.

BLee

744 posts

“TheContrarian > The article was written at that time to promote Insas-WC.”

It could be partly true, but have to take the statement ‘nor I have any intention of promoting any share, which I never do.’ at face value. Will let the writer defend himself if he follows our discussion.

Many have doubts (myself one of them) on the type of warrants and Preference Share; his article is very educational, no doubt about it..

For example;”Warrants that give the right to buy a security are known as call warrants; those that give the right to sell a security are known as put warrants.”, the first part understood, but not the second part. I only understand the first one goes up then you make $ by selling and the second makes $ when it goes down by selling the warrants?? Both make $ by selling, not one buy and one sell to make $..or are we just talking about ‘right’; confusing??
Preference Share is another ball game, as some are Convertible (C) or not and Redeemable or Irredeemable (I or R); so Insas-PB will not follow the mother share as it is Redeemable and not Convertible..just sharing. Happy Trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk
Sori for the time delay on topic as still a bit bz to follow the conversation..

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

The timing of the article when Insas was a hot stock. He hasn't contributed anything else this year or for a long time except for two long articles on Insas and Insas-WC in January when Insas was so hot.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Warrants normally trade at a premium and if one wants to speculate in warrants one has to buy at the early stage when the warrant is first issued. As the expiry date draws close the risk in holding warrants rise steeply. In Insas' case the warrant premium is roughly 10 sen with about 22 months to go. If Insas price remains flat, the warrant premium will erode slowly over 22 months. Just before expiry you either have to sell your warrants at whatever price and buy Insas shares or exercise the warrants by paying 90 sen in order not to lose your investment.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

I have played warrants many times, the greatest return was Affin call warrants which I was bought just before Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. The warrant was new and stock market was shaky due to US presidential election. After Donald was elected Affin share price shot up and I made a 300% gain on the Affin call warrant.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

When I was younger I was more "reckless", more daring, betting huge on Second Board stocks, betting on warrants etc. Now I am more into safe, deeply undervalued stocks like Insas.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Making money in the stock market is a sure thing for me. There will be period of times when you make extremely huge gains, but it is a small window of time and you have to be able to see it when the selling opportunity arises. Most other times the stock market is flat or down. These are also good times as they present buying opportunities.

Income

10,396 posts

Posted by Income > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Posted by TheContrarian > Apr 28, 2024 6:58 PM | Report Abuse

When I am 70 or maybe earlier at 65 I want to be totally out of the stock ma

?
Where do you want to put your money after out of Bursa???

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

My first goal when I started investing in the stock market was to make enough to finance the purchase of a home (I was living in rented flat then) and I achieved that by year 2000 and thereafter it was to build up a retirement nest which I have achieved. When I am 70 (or 65) I want to just spend, spend, spend, go overseas, visit the ancient sites etc.

roger3210

4,954 posts

Posted by roger3210 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

dont u think u r wasting time in insas ? buy only when it start moving up, no point buying now n get stuck there. Company deeply undervalued but as long as the owner not willing to benefit the shareholder, u probably gonna stuck there for years.

TheContrarian

8,741 posts

Let's us all follow roger3210, only buy when it start moving up.

Tatooine

125 posts

Posted by Tatooine > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Need an @sslee blog telling those buying inari shares it is half price to by insas shares compared to buying inari shares … big volume today on inari.

Sslee

4,820 posts

Shhhhhh! I am waiting to buy back Insas below RM 1.00 and then below RM 0.90

Post a Comment
Market Buzz