PAN MALAYSIA CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): PMCORP (4081)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (2.86%)

Day's Change

0.175 - 0.185

Trading Volume

23 people like this.

16,893 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 19 hours ago

TESSA

7,919 posts

Posted by TESSA > 2013-12-01 09:35 | Report Abuse

Posted by AyamTua > Nov 30, 2013 03:59 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by johnchong > Nov 30, 2013 03:38 PM | Report Abuse

Ayam Tua
I have taken a peep n kaki962 and they are really wonderful mature traders. Go over and you will see your name is already mentioned in a way funny but fondly, particularly by a nice lady.

-- I love you too, john! :-)) GBU

** is that nice lady, me?

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-01 10:01 | Report Abuse

Good morning Calvin..its a beautiful Sunday... ... U r indeed a very persistent salesperson n passionate about PMC, PMC biz future...n very consistent in your investment take on PMC...U have absolute faith n trust in PMC, PMC management, its future biz direction as understandably so u r working in PMC n knows them personally n is supremely confident about PMC future biz prospects...

PMC is worth more than 26 cents......thats for sure....how much will it be worth in the future....u will say alot but there r also some naysayers n some who r on the sidelines...that depends on how PMC management charts its future biz strategy n whether PMC management believes n practises in Brand Building over long term for Tudor Gold to turnaround to deliver consistent uptreding operational profits, revenue growth....Successful FMCG companies builds BRAND n brand building takes n need time... successful brands sells supported by promotional campaign towards the consumers...

My take is the road ahead for PMC is a long winding road up to the hill top with obstacles to overcome n it also require fair amount of financial investment in top line campaigns to smoothen the climb up to take the hilltop but it is years away...

The TA traders may not have the patience compared to the FA investors who share the same faith as you in PMC...

Do Keep up your passionate faith and posting on PMC....

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-01 11:13 | Report Abuse

2 Atom bombs obliterated Hiroshima & Nagasaki and caught Japan by Surprise!

So the Good News of 3.22 cents last quarter and the Impending CASH PAY OUT will catch Mr. Market by A Big Surprise!

2 Atom Bombs on Japan Finally Ended The 2nd World War

So these twin results will blow away all naysayers and all fools talking nonsense.

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-01 11:15 | Report Abuse

THE POSITIVE NEWS OF A "CASH WINDFALL" WILL NEUTRALISE ALL THE NEGATIVE SAYINGS OF DOUBTERS AND NAYSAYERS.

messi2u

284 posts

Posted by messi2u > 2013-12-01 13:44 | Report Abuse

calvin, thanks. Hope it can achieve before christmas and you are santa claus... :-)

iamalex

241 posts

Posted by iamalex > 2013-12-01 13:49 | Report Abuse

can I know when will be the cash repayment?

Superman88

500 posts

Posted by Superman88 > 2013-12-01 13:58 | Report Abuse

calvin, noted.hope messi2u you are great santa claus to us in this forum

andyhard

147 posts

Posted by andyhard > 2013-12-01 13:58 | Report Abuse

PMCorp still have retained losses of RM582 mil..if the share value reduce from 50 sen to 10 sen..it still unable to fully convert the retain losses to become earnings..

Can PM Crop declare for cash payout in this case?

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-01 14:13 | Report Abuse

Andyhard.

Let Management do what they know best.

Iamalex. Can be any time now.

Messi2u The ultimate Santa Claus This Christmas Is PM Corp

johnchong

635 posts

Posted by johnchong > 2013-12-01 15:31 | Report Abuse

Tessa
Who else can bring him over. Ha ha but your sweet endearing....

johnchong

635 posts

Posted by johnchong > 2013-12-01 15:41 | Report Abuse

Sorry I mean the catalyst besides of course the great attraction kaki962.

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-12-01 16:35 | Report Abuse

buy mqtech buy mkh buy mkh-wb....garenti untung

mqtech = goreng + nafizudin najib + biz jet..proof: these 2 links

http://in.reuters.com/finance/stocks/officerProfile?symbol=CCTY.KL&officerId=2422304

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1477033

( a director has resigned...and another new one will replace him..he is nafizudin...and MEGAT D.

SHAHRIMAN who owns less than 5% share is nafizudin proxy)

mkh and mkh-wb = 100m profit for latest result , palmoil (will increase to RM 3000 per tonnes in

mac said dorab mistry on 29th nov-The Edge)

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/business-news/265531-palm-oil-prices-could-hit-1-12-year-high-by-march-mistry.html

high yield per acre...30 tonnes (others around 20 to 24 tonnes) ..in kalimantan..buying already

matured plantation

besides that...MKH is the only property company expanding into plantation ...by quatum

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/business-news/265266-interview-mkh-seeks-20000ha-more-in-indonesia.html

mostly kajang and semenyih lands are (be it property and now plantation also) owned by

MKH...don't forget mrt...spsetia and mah sing want to

enter kajang and semenyih..but MKH land cost must be 10 times cheaper

and EPF might enter MKH...

while if ever mq tech is not an ace member...EPF has already

becomes its majority shareholder

TESSA

7,919 posts

Posted by TESSA > 2013-12-01 16:42 | Report Abuse

johnchong Tessa
Who else can bring him over. Ha ha but your sweet endearing....

** LOL. I am honoured by your compliments. Have a great trading tomorrow.

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-01 16:43 | Report Abuse

Andyhard. In the event of pmcorp declares capital reduction. Its gearing level will be slightly higher. However its current gearing is too low. Based on the balance sheet.even with capital payout assuming 70 mil. its gearing is still low .basically the payout will not have negative impact on pmcorp. Mui will enjoy the benefit as it can use the cash to reduce its debts subsequently reduce its cost of borrowings.. actually mui's bank borrowings are too high. In the event of global recession and rising interest rate. Mui will be badly affected. Unless mui is smart enough to liquidate its non productive assets. Eventhough mui has huge loss . Capital payout by its subsidiary will benefit the holding company If mui utilise the cash to reduce its debts. Its gearing will be lower. Based on latest balance sheet mui group has been avtively disposing its assets. If the group is not serious to reduce its bank borrowings. I dont see mui will be able to survive incoming global downturn. I strongly believe that cashpayout as claimed by kelvin will be materialised soon. This has prompted me to collect pmcorp shares.

TESSA

7,919 posts

Posted by TESSA > 2013-12-01 16:56 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng if the management need re-branding, repositioning strategy for their products let me know, my real life business advertising and public relations :) see ya!

CityTrader

8,151 posts

Posted by CityTrader > 2013-12-01 16:59 | Report Abuse

:)

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-01 17:36 | Report Abuse

zu1967, your holding to cross 5million soon? curiosity kills the cat,are you the one I'm talking about.good luck to you. haha

Huangbk72

4,867 posts

Posted by Huangbk72 > 2013-12-01 17:49 | Report Abuse

Greetings to all.

Just back from a business trip to Myanmar with visits to Mandalay and Yangon.

Pleased to announce Tudor chocolate presence in CityMart ( Myanmar equivalent of Cold Storage chain). Citymart has 11 outlets in Yangon and 7 in Mandalay.

I talked to some store girls and feedback is positive regarding Tudor chocolates. Among all chocolates in Citymart ( beryl, lindt, Van houten), its sales is highest.

This is a positive step for Tudor in a country opening its doors after decades of military rules.

Good job to PM CORP and hope they capitalize in Myanmar where not many chocolate players are there now. For example, Coca Cola already set up factory in Myanmar, Pepsi still not in market. PM Corp must make use of its early entry advantage.

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-12-01 18:15 | Report Abuse

tapi tak untungkan? buktinya lepas campur jualan property SD15.4m = RM 39.6m di singapura....pendapatan menurun...nampaknya tak laku...berita2 ia jadi coklat pilihan are FALSE

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-12-01 18:18 | Report Abuse

very easy to confirm huang 'story' ..just ask the management...how much profit did they made in myanmar...don't think it's greater than RM1k

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-01 18:20 | Report Abuse

Mikekong 55. Hope so brother

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-01 18:25 | Report Abuse

zu1967, wish you luck in collecting below 0.25.

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-01 18:26 | Report Abuse

Huangbk72,

That was Great News! Tudor Gold beating other chocolate companies in Myanmar. This Is Another Testament of The World Competitive Success of Tudor Gold & Tango.

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-01 18:34 | Report Abuse

Mikekong. i think you are collecting a lot . U play smart game otherwise u wont be here. He he u are really smart

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-01 19:13 | Report Abuse

Good Evening All Genuine Investors at PM Corp Forum,

This Afternoon, we visited NTUC FairPrice Supermarket at Boon Lay Area. There is a Dedicated Shelf for NFI Products here. Tango 180g bars almost all Sold Out.Both Tudor Gold & Tango also

At the normal Chocolate Display Section, Tango 180g Bars Again Almost All Sold Out Except 3 pieces left. Saw Van Houten and others almost untouched.

As I was leaving, I saw to my Glad Surprise A Special Display Set Up For CHRISTMAS SALES:
TUDOR GOLD, TANGO AND CRISPY WERE IN FULL DISPLAY.

WOW! IN THE NTUC FAIRPRICE SUPERMARKET HERE IN SINGAPORE YOU CAN FIND NFI PRODUCTS IN 3 DIFFERENT PLACES!!

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-01 19:39 | Report Abuse

For the infor of those who are wondering about the the Net Net Asset; the N N BV per share; and the Margin of Safety (updated to last closing price):
Non-current net tangible assets (unaudited, as at 30/09/2013):
Property, plant and equipment RM31,472,000
Investment property RM1,166,000
Total Tangible Non-current assets RM32,638,000
No. of shares outstanding 708,397,200
Net net Tangible Assets Per Share RM0.046
Plus Net Net Asset per share (per kcchongnz) RM0.294
Total Net Net Book Value per share RM0.340

Then, P/BV ratio = 0.26 (last Fri.close)/0.34 = 0.765
And the Margin of Safety = 0.34 - 0.26 = 0.08 = 23.53%
And another view of Margin of Safety = 1/0.765 = 130.72%

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-01 19:50 | Report Abuse

Good evening Calvin
Congratulations for the splendid sell out of PMC chocolate products...My understanding if Singaporeans is they TRADE UP to high end chocolate products such as LINDT etc...hmm I m rather curious why Singaporeans trade down....Could it be that the demand be a "mirage"?
Just thinking out loud...what is the PMC price to supermarkets in Singapore...what us the retail selling price in Burman supermarkets...r the sales real consumption in Singapore or otherwise?? Just curious after having perused through this thread...

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-01 20:05 | Report Abuse

Hi All. I think it is timely to remind ourselves of the ramifications of the proposed Capital Reduction Exercise of PMCORP in the light of the recent price retracements, and the good effects if the cap reduction were to take place. Below I've taken the liberty to re-post my earlier post on the subject.

Hi All Aspiring Choco Millionaires,
Let me share my 2 sens' worth on the financial effects of the much talked about Proposed Capital Reduction Scheme to be proposed by the Board of our PMCorp (yes, i'm one of you n with you guys):
I think the steps involved would be as follows:-
Part 1:
1. Cancel treasury share in stock = 64,959,800 shares @ current par value of 50sen = RM32,479,900;
2. Buy-back cost of the T. shares = RM30,484,000 (per Annual Report FYE2012)set-off against step(1)value = RM1,995,900 balance, which is set-off in turn against Reserves' negative balance of RM40,939,000.
3. Write-off Reserves balance of RM38,943,100 against Share Capital.
4. Balances after steps(1) - (3): No. of share outstanding = 708,397,200 shares; Balance in Share Capital = RM315,255,000.

Part 2:
1. Assuming reducing par value per share to 25 sen from 50 sen.
2. Then, 2 shares become 1 share. Reduce NOSO by 1/2 to 354,198,600 shares.
3. Share Capital is further reduced by RM88,549,650 (354,198,600 X 0.25). This is the amount shareholders would be paid in cash as the 'cash payout' we've been looking forward to.
4. Balance per Share Capital after the whole exercise = RM226,705,350.

Part 3 (Financial Effects after capital reduction exercise):
1. Proj NAV/SHARE = RM0.77 (vs. RM0.44 prev yr.).
2. Proj EPS = RM0.02 (Vs. RM0.0113 prev yr.)

Notes:
1. The projected NAV is based on a projected Revenue increase of 5.5% for this FYr. And proj NPAT of 8.8% of Revenue (this is derived from the average of FYE2012 n TTM 2013 up June30, 2013). Intangible assets are excluded from this calculation, but includes the increase in cash of RM38.18M from the sale of S'pore warehouse n land.
2. The proj EPS takes into account only the proj Net Operating Profit after tax for FYr2013.

So, the good effects of the proposed exercise are:
1. Increase in NAV to 77sens. Compare this with today's closing price of 26 sens.
2. Increase in EPS to 2 sens from 1.113 sens.
3. Reduced NOSO means further increases in the EPS if Rev n Profits continue to increase.
3. This may also result in lower PE in the future years.
4. A lower NOSO also means a higher Dividend per share, n a higher div yield.

Hope I've been able to provide some confidence building in the light of current retracement situation in the stock.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-01 20:09 | Report Abuse

zu1967, no lah;not buying anymore. just curious to find out whether so many people holding/buying 3millions as mention.. to my knowledge no people bought more than the mention amount; come across your name(am guessing that must be you).haha

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-01 20:11 | Report Abuse

Tsurukame, I think S'poreans are not trading down going for Tudor Gold n Tango chocolates. They are health conscious, and Tudor Gold and Tango choco do not have elipe and shea contents, which are high in fats. And who doesn't want a better product at a lower price at that!

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-01 20:17 | Report Abuse

Good evening Calvin
Congratulations for the splendid sell out of PMC chocolate products...My understanding of Singaporeans is they TRADE UP to high end chocolate products such as LINDT etc...One can get good quality branded chocolate products in Singapore...unlike the ones manufactured in Malaysia

hmm I m rather curious why Singaporeans trade down to PMC chocolates....Who are the real consumers of PMC chocolate products in Singapore...R they Singaporeans or migrant workers or someone else residing outside Singapore...Could it be that the fantastic demand of PMC Choco products in Singapore is a "mirage"?

Just thinking out loud...what is the PMC price to supermarkets in Singapore...what us the retail selling price in Burma supermarkets...retail selling price in supermarkets in Cambodia or elsewhere especially third world countries in ASEAN countries or outside ASEAN countries? Is there a gross margin of at least 40% with price to Singapore supermarkets as a base? Are the retail sales in Singapore supermarkets real consumption in Singapore or otherwise??

Just curious after having perused through this thread. I would like to inform you that I am a shareholder in PMC...

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-01 20:47 | Report Abuse

mktwatch,
I have the same thoughts as you but I rather ask calvin as I would not like to assume nor would you as well. As PMC shareholders we want to know who are the real consumers of PMC chocolate products.

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-01 21:21 | Report Abuse

Mktwatch,

Thank you very much for all your excellent statistics. There are 3 areas not reflected in the published figures 1) All Investments in Listed & Unlisted Companies not updated. 2) The status of all monies loaned out, not fully accounted for as yet 3) All assets in real estate not yet revalued.

Tsurukame,
I met an engineering firm boss. He bought 30 boxes of TUDOR GOLD TIRAMISU BOXED DARK CHOCOLATES (200g) at one go. He bought them regularly for his workers' health. What a caring boss he is.

Singaporeans are known as shopaholics. There is really no where else to go in hot tropic Singapore except to nice airconditioned malls. As such they have plenty of time in checking out the high quality Tudor Gold & Tango chocolates. And 90% Singaporeans are educated & intelligent. They go for value. TUDOR GOLD & TANGO Meet Their Criteria.

The Life Saving Chocolates of NFI have caused STROKE (World No. 2 Killer) To Drop In Singapore Amidst The Increasing Trend World Wide. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT WE ARE PARTLY INSTRUMENTAL IN THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN LIVES!

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-01 21:38 | Report Abuse

mktwatch,
I have the same thoughts as you but I rather ask calvin as I would not like to assume nor would you as well. We are not directly "in the line of fire of selling PMC chocolate products"...Singapore is a free market and I have my greatest doubt that Malaysian made chocolates from competitors containing elipe and shea content would sell well there. Having said that the chocolates from Switzerland, UK are very good tasting and You can find these in supermarkets in Singapore although they are a bit more pricey...you can even find these chocolates in Malaysian supermarkets and most of them are on Christmas display in top end supermarkets such as Green Grocer etc.

The disposable income of Singaporean consumers are good relative to other ASEAN countries and knowing the mind set of Singaporeans and the cash outlay for a chocolate bar is small compared to the disposable incomes, most Singaporeans would rather "TRADE UP" rather than 'TRADE DOWN"...they would rather consume the high end chocolate products as the cash outlay is not significantly that high to affect their affordability... moreover imported chocolates such LINDT from Switzerland, CADBURY from UK chocolates taste better than even PMC chocolates but they are "VERY PREMIUM PRICED".

As PMC shareholders we want to know "Who are the real consumers of PMC chocolate products" as this obviously will have an impact on the marketing and sales strategy going forward.

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-01 21:57 | Report Abuse

NTUC Fair Price supermkts are owned and run by S'pore's biggest union. And they are one of the biggest supermkt chains in Spore.And as the name implies, you would not find Spore's top 1% shopping there. Because of its fair prices, it appeals to the working class. And the working class is the biggest group of people in the population. NFI's top brands (Tudor Gold n Tango) are selling well in NTUC. That should be good news, and not viewed as bad news because it means volume sales for NFI choco. That in turn means increasing mkt share. Targeting rich, boutique consumers with high prices for its top brands would, in my thinking, be the wrong strategy for now.
High volume would make up for the lower gross margins. Once established, NFI can incrementally increase its selling prices in small amounts.
The social profile of the consumers of its choco products is not important. What is important is the stability of demand. Migrant workers form a large consumer group, and they are a permanent feature of the society of our nations, even if they are only temporary residents individually in the country. The snobbish rich are a fickle group, going only for what's the current "in-thing", like "Chia Seeds".

Huangbk72

4,867 posts

Posted by Huangbk72 > 2013-12-01 23:03 | Report Abuse

To ANBZ

As you are not aware of Myanmar market, I can share with you. Myanmar is 1 of my market.

Only starting this year (2013), many importers are granted permit to import foodstuff.

With a population of 69 million, its almost the size of Thailand. What differentiate Myanmar and Thailand can be equated to a grown man which is Thailand and growing man in Myanmar.

We had done many census in Myanmar and the pent-up demand is huge from their population in all types of products. If and a BIG IF Tudor can establish itself as one of the earliest player, the market share and profits will be big. Price sensitivity in Myanmar is high and low price items are preferred.

I think Tudor just entered Myanmar not more than 6 months.

For price comparison, Tudor chocolate bar is selling at 1,050 kyats ( 180gram). Yesterday cash currency rate is USD1 = 982kyats. In comparison, Van Houten is selling 1,420 kyats.

DLuckyGuy

118 posts

Posted by DLuckyGuy > 2013-12-01 23:05 | Report Abuse

market will be red 2moro. steer clear

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-01 23:11 | Report Abuse

Thanks, Huangbk72, for sharing the infor on Myanmar re Tudor Choco sales there. We need every piece of good news about NFI products sales to boost confidence in the stock in addition to its financial prospects/footing.

Huangbk72

4,867 posts

Posted by Huangbk72 > 2013-12-01 23:38 | Report Abuse

Hi mktwatch

We all try to chip in information relevant to this counter.

Myanmar is the last unopened market in Asia. Many corporations are trying to enter this market now. Im quite surprised that Tango is already in as I know, to enter requires substantial amount of lobbying or "connection". Also, financial markets and mechanism are non-existent in Myanmar for now. Many grey areas exist as the Government themselves has not set any fixed rules.

I sincerely hope Tango can leverage on their headstart in Myanmar. If they push on relentlessly, the future is indeed bright.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-02 00:29 | Report Abuse

From Huangbk72 info on price comparison, Tudor chocolate bar is selling at 1,050 kyats ( 180gram). Yesterday cash currency rate is USD1 = 982kyats. In comparison, Van Houten is selling 1,420 kyats.

Calvin,
Tudor is selling at 26.05% discount below Van Houten...No wonder PMC is making operational losses selling chocolates...PMC need to rely on exceptional items to make profit on YTD Q3 2013 performance ...this is not a long term business solution...

PMC must get its basics right and start making operational profits as if it continue on making operational losses in the future quarters on selling chocolates it will have serious strategic marketing mix issues going forward if this is not addressed to in due course...I seem to gain the perception that PMC is relying on low pricing strategy to gain market share although Tudor Gold has indeed a real taste advantage & product formulation advantages over its competitors ...

PMC can continue on LOW PRICE STRATEGY TO GAIN MARKET SHARE IF PMC MAKES OPERATIONAL PROFITS which can sustain the price attacks...If PMC continues with this strategy at the expense of operational profits then there is a serious need to review the overall Marketing Mix of PMC products ranges...

Shareholders want increasing Top line and Bottom Line growth in chocolate manufacturing & selling business...

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-02 00:59 | Report Abuse

Tsurukame,

We are making good money in Myanmar even if we sell at 26% below Van Houten.
NFI manufactures own products while Van Houten depends on OEM manufacturers in China. They have to sell at higher prices due to added costs.

Our Administrative costs which negate profit from last quarter low season sale will be cut drastically when the next quarter result is out by Feb. 2014. These are the reasons:

1) The Sale of 1 1/2 Acre Singapore Warehouse to Sing Long will Cut Down a Big Chunk in Overhead Expenses of NFI Singapore Operations.

2) Also this is a high season quarter for NFI - production accelerated into 3 shifts now.

3) The weakening ringgit also made Malaysian export more competitive world wide.

I think for year 2014 PM Corp's results should be very positive for all 4 quarters.

Good night.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-02 01:14 | Report Abuse

Calvin,
Thank you for the good info.
Good Night

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-12-02 01:19 | Report Abuse

yeah right...good info calvin..haha i like the drama..and also the explanation...don't get me wrong..hehehe

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-12-02 05:23 | Report Abuse

Let us refer to the quarterly report ended 30 September 2013, and concentrate on the ordinary business of PMCorp, i.e. the manufacturing and sales of chocolate.

Revenue for the quarter is 18.9m only, and ignoring those one time off item in sales of assets, there is a small operating profit of just 46k. The table below summarize its financial performance.

Revenue 18907
Cost of sales -12777
Gross profit 6130
Administration expenses -2771
Selling and distribution cost -3313
Operating profit 46

How is it possible that PM Corp can make big money with this type of miserable sales volume and little profit? Not until you try to look into its business now and its assets in place.

The cost of sales in the period is 12.8 m, and this gives a gross profit of 6.1m, or a gross margin of 32%. To me a business with a gross margin of 32% is a good business, one with 40% and over is a great business. But that 12.8m sales is very small. In term of PMCorp’s asset turnover, it is a miserable 0.2. But its operating costs amount to 6.1m. So to me if PMCorp wants to make money, it has to do either/or two things; increase sales, or cut operating costs. The more effective one of course is to increase its sales.

If sales is increased, it would be fantastic because its gross margin is high at 32% and hence the bottom-line would greatly improve. Let us look at the following scenario. We assume that PMCorp can increase its sale by 30%, costs of sales 10%, selling and distribution cost by 5%.

Revenue 24579 30%
Cost of sales -14055 10%
Gross Profit 10524
Administration expenses -2771
Selling and distribution cost -3479 5%
Operating profit 4275

With the increase in revenue to 24.6m in a quarter, its operating profit would be 4.3m, or 17%. If annualized, it would be 17m. But with 773m shares outstanding, EPS is just about 2.2 sen. That is not attractive, is it? Not until you look at its excess cash (about 20 sen per share) it is holding now and its other non-operating assets.

Imagine if the company sell off some of its non-operating assets and distribute part of the proceeds as special dividend, say 10 sen only. Your cost of buying PMCorp at 26 sen is only 16 sen then. So pay 16 sen and earn 2.2 sen is not that bad after all. More so if there is a good growth in the future.

So everything hinges on what is the prospect of its business; is the chocolate in demand? Is it selling well? Is there a good prospect of growth? How does the management allocate its resources etc.

For me I am positive about it after reading what is posted by calvin, unless he takes us for a ride which I don't think so.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-02 06:21 | Report Abuse

kcchong, goodmorning.looking forward to your 2014 hidden gem write-up. anyway, what is your opinion on this counter Hup Seng(propose 1 split 5 and 1 for 3 bonus after split).dividend payout increase yearly so do their earning. please advise and thank you.

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-02 08:37 | Report Abuse

A Very Good Morning To All From Calvin Tan Singapore,

Thank You Very Much kcchongnz for detailing the path PM Corp should take:

1) Increase Sales of Chocolate Products
2) Reduce Unnecessary expenses
3) Dispose Assets & Return More Surplus Cash To Share Holders
4) I Can Assure All Here That I Want You To Ride With Me Safely In A Journey of A Great Growth Company in PM Corp

Have A Nice Day!

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-02 08:50 | Report Abuse

Good Morning Calvin,
Thank you for detailing the path PMC is taking which all PMC shareholders will gladly support.

We are looking forward to increased sales and increasing positive operating profitability of PMC core Chocolate business and an attractive capital payback for 2013...that will undoubtedly win the continued support of Long Term Investors of PMC

Do continue the good work in transforming PMC into blue chip company in the near future and we look forward to future dividend payments in the medium term future.

Have a Good Day!!!

calvintaneng

55,175 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-02 09:04 | Report Abuse

Ifollow.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE. KEEP STRONG!

member41

3,718 posts

Posted by member41 > 2013-12-02 09:04 | Report Abuse

wow 2.5m share... more than calvin. ifollow is also on top 30 shareholding list.

Posted by leslieroycarter > 2013-12-02 09:09 | Report Abuse

do not ever think that there will be discounted offers from pmcorp as from now..if we opt for long term play...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz