BERJAYA LAND BHD

KLSE (MYR): BJLAND (4219)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.315 - 0.325

Trading Volume

3 people like this.

12,378 comment(s). Last comment by Royce Chan 3 days ago

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-06-28 17:09 | Report Abuse

Something push to 24.5

Huat chaiii

Citadel9999

2,878 posts

Posted by Citadel9999 > 2021-06-28 17:09 |

Post removed.Why?

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-06-28 18:37 | Report Abuse

Citadel9999 you suppose to diam 8

We are investor not contra player

Huat chaiii

Posted by vtroopsvin > 2021-06-29 09:54 | Report Abuse

Today market recover, why Bland dropped arrrggghh

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2021-06-30 09:56 | Report Abuse

BCorp’s restructuring plan fails to excite

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-06-30 15:37 | Report Abuse

Stockraider has been quiet since 23/6. I remember the end June promise that he made that superhero Jalil will save the shareholders. Guess no one is saved after all.

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-06-30 15:39 | Report Abuse

I have been keeping an open mind in observing the heated debates from different camps here, for as long as I can but I think there's enough for me.

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-06-30 15:39 | Report Abuse

I think what happens next is rather clear......

Sslee

5,916 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-06-30 15:40 | Report Abuse

Haha,
If bjcorp drop further, I wonder whether superhero Jalil will kena margin call.

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-06-30 18:01 | Report Abuse

https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/847555

Read the above, it's a bit nonsense. BCorp is not in desperate mode to monetize its asset, why should it sell BToto? Like it or not, BToto is providing predictable and sizeable cash flow to BCorp. What BCorp lacks is the ability to monetize its landbank and other assets and businesses.

gangnam

753 posts

Posted by gangnam > 2021-06-30 20:37 | Report Abuse

Lol...Guess who holds the title on most of the landbank & BToto shares?

Posted by sailang_now > 2021-07-01 04:51 | Report Abuse

@shortinvestor77 Tks for sharing the mandarin version.
Analysis on Jalil's Plan by TheEdge reveals he will have to reveal his cards soon to excite Market players, but the hints are in the report. Guess selling BToto, merging BLand with BCorp & listing of Cosway using BLand market listing, monetize BLand's landbank and other assets and businesses could be some options available to halve the RM5 billion debts of BJCorp?
Refer link below.
https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/847555

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 08:06 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by roundcateye > 2021-07-01 10:35 | Report Abuse

Transfer the BJtoto to BJcorp, pay BjLand with cash + 3B the holding BJLand shares which can either be kept as treasury share or bonus shares to BJLand shareholders. One stone two birds: restructure the group and solve the public spread issue. The downside will be BJLand will be value less. My two cents

Posted by roundcateye > 2021-07-01 10:50 | Report Abuse

Jalil lacks of vision/growing factors/hope in his plan. While streamlining and cost reduction is the most important, good vision brings hope. AirAsia sustains because of Tony's vision and hope.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 11:00 | Report Abuse

Vision comes from VT...Super jalil no need to ponder mah!

VT & Jalil one of the best team work capable of beating any team loh!

Posted by roundcateye > Jul 1, 2021 10:50 AM | Report Abuse

Jalil lacks of vision/growing factors/hope in his plan. While streamlining and cost reduction is the most important, good vision brings hope. AirAsia sustains because of Tony's vision and hope.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 11:06 | Report Abuse

This eventually be done loh...!!

U must understand...once Bjcorp try to privatize Bjland...people will always ask for more, thus making the GO not successful loh!

Thus Vt & Jalil must strategize very carefully...in order to ensure success for everybody at manageable cost loh!

His macai is definitely accumulating more bjland quietly loh!

Posted by roundcateye > Jul 1, 2021 10:35 AM | Report Abuse

Transfer the BJtoto to BJcorp, pay BjLand with cash + 3B the holding BJLand shares which can either be kept as treasury share or bonus shares to BJLand shareholders. One stone two birds: restructure the group and solve the public spread issue. The downside will be BJLand will be value less. My two cents

Posted by sailang_now > 2021-07-01 11:26 | Report Abuse

Analysis on Jalil's Plan by TheEdge reveals he will have to reveal his cards soon to excite Market players, but the hints are in the report. Guess selling BToto, merging BLand with BCorp & listing of Cosway using BLand market listing, monetize BLand's landbank and other assets and businesses could be some options available to halve the RM5 billion debts of BJCorp? The insights provided by Jalil's interview with China Press points to this direction?

Excepts of Interview with China Press

Jalil pointed out that the group will combine various plans, including the sale or reduction of shares in some subsidiaries, as well as the sale of assets to raise funds and reduce debt, and it will only be made public once there is a specific progress.

In some subsidiaries, we hold up to 100% of the shares. In fact, as long as we hold 51% of the shares, we can control the company's voice. Therefore, we may reduce our holdings by 30% or 40% to cash out. In addition, we will also consider taking out Sell ​​some assets and exit some businesses.

Change the business model
Under the epidemic, the consumer sector was the first to bear the brunt, but Berjaya Group announced its transformation into a consumer group at this moment.In this regard, Jalil pointed out that market consumer demand is always there, and only the problem of the business model has to be solved. He announced on June 15 a three-year (2021-2024) strategic plan for Berjaya Group, aiming to transform into a consumer kingdom with five core businesses.

During the interview, Jalil pointed out that even during the epidemic, people still need to consume.The demand for retail products and food will never change.What has changed is the way the business operates. Next, we will still open branches, but the number will be reduced. At the same time, the area of ​​the store will be reduced, and we will further develop the Drive thru business and change the original business concept. In fact, during the epidemic period, Berjaya's drive-to-speed business has performed very well in the past year and a half. We also added a Krispy Kreme drive thru on June 15.

https://www.chinapress.com.my/20210621/%e6%88%90%e5%8a%9f%e9%9b%86%e5%9b%a2ceo-%e5%98%89%e9%87%8c%e5%b0%94-%e4%bb%8e%e5%b9%95%e5%90%8e%e5%86%9b%e5%b8%88-%e6%91%87%e8%ba%ab%e6%8e%8c%e8%88%b5%e4%ba%ba/

The Youtube Link on Jalil China Press Interview
https://youtu.be/GdRbcLA6h7U

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-01 13:21 | Report Abuse

Accumulation in progress

Huat chaiii

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-01 13:33 | Report Abuse

Profit taking nicely absorb by the market

Huat chaiii

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-07-01 13:40 | Report Abuse

I made the earlier comments because stockraider promised a big turnaround after end June, I remember I replied saying he has to justify if nothing happens because he was so sure and he "attacked" all differing opinions along the way.

Now stockraider said it will take time and patience to turn profits and we shouldn't expect things to happen so soon in end June. Why then in the first place he was so sure about end June and went down so hard on those disagreeing. I guess even after years, Stockraider will say it will take time and patience to turn profits and just have faith in superhero Jalil.

I hate to say this but I have to and it's not meant to attack anyone, just my opinion : VT is not a saint and Jalil is not a superhero. VT being VT will not change in his way in maximising profits for his own empire. It's Jalil's job to run the business so if he succeeds, he is not a superhero, he's just hired to do the job. And he is accountable if he fails.

Nothing will change if all factors remain the change (or almost the same). Believing this to be otherwise is called madness.

Just my humble opinion. No offence. Peace.

Trump2021

29 posts

Posted by Trump2021 > 2021-07-01 13:54 | Report Abuse

Already a rotten ship, what Jalil can do to rescue a sinking ship. All good and money making money subsidiaries either sold or privatized by the cunning fox, what Jalil and the group can do next ? I think Jalil better consider how to settle the short term debt first !
This is call "karma" . Old fox need to repay what sins he had done for the past couple of years.
Japan, Myanmar and Europe investments all ended like shit. In the future there are only 2 options for BJcorp e.i. remained as a below 25 sens counter or get delisted. MGHH.

simon2020

441 posts

Posted by simon2020 > 2021-07-01 14:12 | Report Abuse

It's good that Jalil finally pointed out in his interview with China Press that the group will combine various plans, including the sale or reduction of shares in some subsidiaries, as well as the sale of assets to raise funds and reduce debt, and it will only be made public once there is a specific progress.
The only good subsidiaries left with BJCorp is BToto & BJLand with its landbank, assets & 40% shares in BJToto. Tvst being an old Fox will not showhand too early. Privatization is not the only option, It could also be takeover of the remaining 13% BlLand minority shares ala Ancom style in exchange for a mix of cash & shares in BCorp?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 14:13 | Report Abuse

Your name "early retirement" sounds like u retired too early loh..!!

Always learn to be patience mah!

When Jalil came into the Group Bjc was 20 sen & Bjland was 17 sen.that is about 3 mths ago mah!

Now u early see an appreciation of 30% to 40% already quite decent loh!

Actually Bjcorp fair value is more than Rm 1.00 n tp of 60 sen is just about half way mark mah!

But u must have the patience & discipline to see it thru mah!
Warren Buffet...says stock mkt short term is a voting machine & long term is a a weighing machine...given time Bjcorp is able to achieve the fair tp value mah!

But Please lah...don over expect within 3 mths u get more than 200% gain lah!...U need to reasonable mah...yes u can hope & pray for 60 sen & Rm 1.00....but u expectation must be reasonable....The god will grand the transfer of wealth from the impatience to the patience over a period mah!

Get your position right on Bjcorp...let time....to get your wealth building right loh!

God already summon Super jalil & Good Samiritan VT do a good wealth building job for us mah!

U must be patience and have faith & believe & yea will receive lah!

Posted by earlyretirement > Jul 1, 2021 1:40 PM | Report Abuse

I made the earlier comments because stockraider promised a big turnaround after end June, I remember I replied saying he has to justify if nothing happens because he was so sure and he "attacked" all differing opinions along the way.

Now stockraider said it will take time and patience to turn profits and we shouldn't expect things to happen so soon in end June. Why then in the first place he was so sure about end June and went down so hard on those disagreeing. I guess even after years, Stockraider will say it will take time and patience to turn profits and just have faith in superhero Jalil.

I hate to say this but I have to and it's not meant to attack anyone, just my opinion : VT is not a saint and Jalil is not a superhero. VT being VT will not change in his way in maximising profits for his own empire. It's Jalil's job to run the business so if he succeeds, he is not a superhero, he's just hired to do the job. And he is accountable if he fails.

Nothing will change if all factors remain the change (or almost the same). Believing this to be otherwise is called madness.

Just my humble opinion. No offence. Peace.

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-01 14:18 | Report Abuse

Bulldog just accumulate as long there is a value
And as long as no complaints from auditor

Huat chaiii

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 14:21 | Report Abuse

Actually Bjcorp fair value is more than Rm 1.00 n tp of 60 sen is just about half way mark mah!

But u must have the patience & discipline to see it thru mah!
Warren Buffet...says stock mkt short term is a voting machine & long term is a a weighing machine...given time Bjcorp is able to achieve the fair tp value mah!

But Please lah...don over expect within 3 mths u get more than 200% gain lah!...U need to be reasonable mah...yes u can hope & pray for 60 sen & Rm 1.00....but ur expectation must be reasonable....The god will grand the transfer of wealth from the impatience to the patience over a period mah!

Get your position right on Bjcorp...let time....to get your wealth building right loh!

God already summon Super jalil & Good Samiritan VT do a good wealth building job for us mah!

Btw... there is no such things as rotten ship....that u cannot make monies mah...it is how creative & how well u can make it... they can make it happen loh...!!

Even rubbish....or a piece of shits...Super Jalil can turn it become Gold loh!

Whats more ? Bjcorp now own alot of undervalue properties, that are more valuable than gold mah!

Lu Tau Boh ??

Posted by Trump2021 > Jul 1, 2021 1:54 PM | Report Abuse

Already a rotten ship, what Jalil can do to rescue a sinking ship. All good and money making money subsidiaries either sold or privatized by the cunning fox, what Jalil and the group can do next ? I think Jalil better consider how to settle the short term debt first !
This is call "karma" . Old fox need to repay what sins he had done for the past couple of years.
Japan, Myanmar and Europe investments all ended like shit. In the future there are only 2 options for BJcorp e.i. remained as a below 25 sens counter or get delisted. MGHH.

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-01 14:31 | Report Abuse

The most recent BCorp quarterly report reveals the following:

Deposits with financial institution: 448.8 million
Cash and bank balances: 857.2 million
Subtotal: 1,306 million

Long term borrowing: 3,025.9 million
Short term borrowing: 2,009.1 million
Subtotal: 5,035 million

The ICULS (600 million in total) are ignored here given they're not redeemable. So, BCorp net debt is actually 3.7 billions.

Besides that, there's warrants WB 700 million and WC 706 million, totaling 1,406 million

If Jalil just needs to reduce 3 billion debt in 3 years, he can easily achieved that simply by making sure BCorp share price is above RM 1, cause those warrants will be converted and BCorp will pocket 1.4 billion, leaving only 1.6 billion to be addressed!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 14:38 | Report Abuse

U cannot artificially inflate the price of bjcorp mah!

The sustainable way is creation of value for bjcorp thru assets disposals mah....when people see value....they will swamped bjcorp like bees maH!

Remember this mah!

"Btw... there is no such things as rotten ship....that u cannot make monies mah...it is how creative & how well u can make it... they can make it happen loh...!!
Even rubbish....or a piece of shits...Super Jalil can turn it become Gold loh!
Whats more ? Bjcorp now own alot of undervalue properties, that are more valuable than gold mah!"

Posted by kahhoeng > Jul 1, 2021 2:31 PM | Report Abuse

The most recent BCorp quarterly report reveals the following:

Deposits with financial institution: 448.8 million
Cash and bank balances: 857.2 million
Subtotal: 1,306 million

Long term borrowing: 3,025.9 million
Short term borrowing: 2,009.1 million
Subtotal: 5,035 million

The ICULS (600 million in total) are ignored here given they're not redeemable. So, BCorp net debt is actually 3.7 billions.

Besides that, there's warrants WB 700 million and WC 706 million, totaling 1,406 million

If Jalil just needs to reduce 3 billion debt in 3 years, he can easily achieved that simply by making sure BCorp share price is above RM 1, cause those warrants will be converted and BCorp will pocket 1.4 billion, leaving only 1.6 billion to be addressed!

Posted by sailang_now > 2021-07-01 15:00 | Report Abuse

Its a chicken & egg situation. Takeover BJLand & BJCorp fully controls 40% shares in BToto current held by BJLand worth RM1.1 billion but since it is controlling shares definitely worth more. This is not including its landbanks & assets worth another RM3~5 billion? Jalil's job to achieve RM1 before the ICULs & Warrants expires will be made easier. That's why VT redeemed 30 million ICULS yesterday when it carry 5% interest & it's market price is higher than mothershare?
Btw VT acquired 38.8 million direct shares in BJLand at 26 sens on 18 June.& another 41.5 million direct shares at 24 sens on 3 June.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 15:02 |

Post removed.Why?

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-01 16:23 | Report Abuse

Accumulation in progress

Huat chaiii

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-07-01 16:41 | Report Abuse

From stockraider :
"God" already summon "Super" jalil & "Good Samiritan" VT do a good wealth building job for us mah!

I salute you stockraider, I really do. I don't see this level of faith anywhere else except in you. Yes, you maybe right, I retire too early and don't know a thing!

You just reminded me how important to focus on hard facts. And no, I didn't get that from you.

Good luck everyone. Peace!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 16:48 | Report Abuse

U think lah...If god did not summon VT!...u think VT just wake up yesterday morning & wanted donate 50% of his wealth to charity meh ??

Posted by earlyretirement > Jul 1, 2021 4:41 PM | Report Abuse

From stockraider :
"God" already summon "Super" jalil & "Good Samiritan" VT do a good wealth building job for us mah!

I salute you stockraider, I really do. I don't see this level of faith anywhere else except in you. Yes, you maybe right, I retire too early and don't know a thing!

You just reminded me how important to focus on hard facts. And no, I didn't get that from you.

Good luck everyone. Peace!

Posted by earlyretirement > 2021-07-01 17:19 | Report Abuse

Stockraider, do yourself a favour, just stop that God thing about VT and superhero thing about Jalil.

People are laughing whenever you made that remarks and you didn't know about it. I'm not a bad person, otherwise I would have let you go on and on and let people laugh more.

I genuinely wish BJCorp and BJLand the best as I am heavily vested in BJLand but let's just focus on facts and logical discussion shall we?!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-01 19:23 | Report Abuse

Must believe in GOD mah...very important loh!!

Our Malaysia Rukun Negara 1st priniciple;

1. KEPERCAYAAN KEPADA TUHAN.

Posted by scanluver > Jul 1, 2021 5:17 PM | Report Abuse

Lu Tau Boh ?

Posted by earlyretirement > Jul 1, 2021 5:19 PM | Report Abuse

Stockraider, do yourself a favour, just stop that God thing about VT and superhero thing about Jalil.

People are laughing whenever you made that remarks and you didn't know about it. I'm not a bad person, otherwise I would have let you go on and on and let people laugh more.

I genuinely wish BJCorp and BJLand the best as I am heavily vested in BJLand but let's just focus on facts and logical discussion shall we?!

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-01 19:25 | Report Abuse

Hold tight tight

Huat chaiii

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2021-07-01 22:06 | Report Abuse

The Government had not initiated any industry specific assistance. With that, more closures are expected and countless people will lose their jobs,” Malaysia Association of Hotels (MAH) CEO Yap Lip Seng told FocusM.

Posted by sailang_now > 2021-07-01 22:57 | Report Abuse

Who is BJLand & history..'
Berjaya Land Berhad ("B-Land") was incorporated in 1990 to implement the Restructuring Scheme undertaken by Sports Toto Malaysia Sdn Bhd ("Sports Toto") whereby the entire paid-up capital of Sports Toto was acquired by B-Land. Simultaneously, B-Land made major acquisitions of various property and leisure activities which were funded via a Rights and Special Issue.

Sport Toto was incorporated in 1969 by the Malaysian Government for the purpose of running Toto betting under Section 5 of the Pool Betting Act, 1967. It was privatised in 1985 when its Chief Executive Officer, Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun, through his private company acquired 70% of the paid-up capital. Sports Toto was listed on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in July 1987.

Subsequently, in November 1987, RekaPacific Berhad (formerly known as Berjaya Industrial Berhad) ("RekaPacific") completed a general offer to Sports Toto which resulted in Sports Toto becoming a subsidiary of RekaPacific.

On 11 October 1996, Berjaya Group Berhad ("BGroup") completed the purchase of Teras Mewah Sdn Bhd ("TMSB"), a wholly-owned subsidiary company of RekaPacific. On 28 August 1996 TMSB completed the purchase of the entire shareholding in B-Land from RekaPacific comprising approximately 247.5 million ordinary shares, 49.8 million warrants and RM82.8 million Irredeemable Convertible Unsecured Loan Stocks for a total consideration of approximately RM931.1 million. As a result, B-Land became a direct subsidiary of BGroup which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Berjaya Corporation Berhad("BCorp").

Today, the Group's core activities are as follows:
Gaming and Lottery Management; (40% share in BToto)
Hotels, Resorts, Recreation Development and Vacation Timeshare;
Property Investment and Development; (Property Development & Landbank)
Motor Retailing (HR Owens)

Trump2021

29 posts

Posted by Trump2021 > 2021-07-02 02:03 | Report Abuse

By stockraider : VT has confidence in Jalil mah!

Yes VT has confidence in Mr J to be his scapegoat. Very soon VT will say to Mr. J secretly : Boy , I don want to spoil your good Muslim image and uncle will either sold off TOTO malaysia or privatise it and handle over to my beloved son Robin Hood . Hope if you don mind".
Finally before he flies to England to joint his football club and reside in his Iceland Hotel, he will email Mr. J not to forget to buy back his privatised and lost money company "The Person who Sings".
Not long ago when Mr. J took over BJC as a puppet chief and his "behind-boss" VT said he will quit BJC and the shares rose to a new high after more than a decade ago. Everybody though the price would rose to what most of the solid VT fans always believed e.i. 1.60.
But things turned sour. VT and sons keep on selling their shares to take profit. And the price dropped back to where it started a few weeks ago..Backed to square 0.25+.....lol.
Some of the greenhorns who never come across with the no.1 cunning fox in Bursa were trapped at 50 storeys condo. pitiful......
Once bitten twice shy. And worst still with all the good items had gone, You think Mr J and his new team can manage to pull BJC back and make it right up ? Personally I don think so. As after the last event I don think anybody in KLSE can trust VT anymore including all the greenhorns ! Unless they LU BJC three days in a row to RM1.60.

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-02 08:13 | Report Abuse

Good morning to All investors
Huat chaiii

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-07-02 08:31 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by vtroopsvin > 2021-07-02 11:01 | Report Abuse

Hopeless...everyday dropped slowly to kill

bulldog

12,157 posts

Posted by bulldog > 2021-07-06 15:04 | Report Abuse

Bjland on the move

Huat chaiii

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-06 16:04 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-07-06 16:54 | Report Abuse

That means the longer they drag on bland, the more frustrated the bland holders, so they give up sell cheap cheap, thus benefit bjcorp & its macai mah!

Lu Tau Boh ?

Posted by miniminer > Jul 6, 2021 4:51 PM | Report Abuse

Stockraider: Privatization is a plan where dividend is a commitment. If privatization plans keep dragging on like now, does that mean ROI should keep dragging on too?
After all, told you before Jalil has announced no privation on existing listed company status on his 100 days CEO plan. If your claim is true, please get the facts for us, between Jalil & you, I am with VT in this case, I trust Jalil more......hehehe...................

kahhoeng

3,937 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2021-07-06 22:04 | Report Abuse

Lu Tau Bob? So, squeeze minorities to con their money for charity??? What a shame...

Post a Comment