JAKS RESOURCES BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JAKS (4723)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.135 - 0.14

Trading Volume

41 people like this.

64,793 comment(s). Last comment by jjohnchew 17 hours ago

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 09:36 | Report Abuse

Enter rental collecting mode goyang kaki 44444

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 09:40 | Report Abuse

Veitnam new coal IPP boleh lagi?

TOYOVEN is d canary

Canary tu very likely kan mati

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 09:41 | Report Abuse

Sslee shorting Jaks mah so of course he wishes JHDP shut down for no reason as if factories no need to run so that he could untung (cover) with investor money. it makes sense right hehehehehe

Surge

377 posts

Posted by Surge > 2021-10-08 09:48 | Report Abuse

Hope other big & sound listed companies to buy a substantial stake in Jaks, and move on

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 09:50 | Report Abuse

Klau u look at how TOYOVEN is struggling to close its IPP deal ksn u tahu la how difficult it is even u do running around daily even put in your own money

Klau Andy can close tat LNG IPP Sarifah sokong to give Andy LTIP

HamsterHuat

2,852 posts

Posted by HamsterHuat > 2021-10-08 09:52 | Report Abuse

@Just88
shutdown because lockdown at Hanoi and surrounding areas.....also Ho Chi Minh also.

factory also shutdown.....cannot operate..

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 09:53 | Report Abuse

Mungkin ada yg nak ada foreign investors nak beli Mudajaya tat lousy IPP

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 09:55 | Report Abuse

Lockdown too bukan permanent

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-08 09:59 | Report Abuse

Aseng: I have gone back to my own group .
Bye...
Good lucks

07/10/2021 10:27 PM

BLee: @Aseng, all the best. I have nothing against you, DK and JAKS except the feed stocks coal. My apology if any mis-information offended you.

Yesterday, my last minute engagement cause a late reply to some of your discussion. Below is the continuation of the reply.
@Aseng, my job scope for almost last fourty years dealing with E&E has read many Coal Power Generation plants being converted/evolved into other feed stocks type of power plants. I think, even the coal if given free, the coal fired Power Gen come with others problem such as feed stocks and residue handling, filtration equipment, etc comparing with Gas/hydrogen fired Power Gen. Put it bluntly, the conversion will happen under ESG pressure.
If you don't understand my jargon, let me put in a more simplified analogy.
Mother earth give you free water from the well (pass-thro coal), you needs to transport by conveyor to the point of usage. The new technology akin likes opening water tap, no transportation issue. Something free actually do come with TnC.

@Aseng:
BLee ,

1. why you turn a deaf ear to the complains of those people living along the Mei-kong river ?

BLee: As I mentioned earlier, I am not in position to defence this
'The Don Sahong Dam is a run-of-the-river hydroelectricity facility at the downstream end of the Hou Sahong channel between Don Sahong and Don Sadam islands.' Proper EIA done.

2. the agreement of Jaks and MFCB are different.
MFCB earning is seasonal when there is heavy rainfall or no rainfall but Jaks is paid to stop
work for the hydro project to work more during the rainy season

BLee: No comment. Time will tell.

07/10/2021 2:06 PM

@Aseng: BLee also like to make his talk based on common sense or a cin-cai cut and paste from a google search that nobody know what you are talking about . at the end kena hentam left and right

BLee: No comment. Free speech.

07/10/2021 3:08 PM

@Aseng: why suddenly switch the topic to hydrogen energy ?

is it your pasar malam English that can not convince people

and now change your trick to rocket science ?

BLee: I think you get me wrong, I am convincing nobody. I am just too enthusiastic in new feed stocks technology, sharing same topic.

07/10/2021 3:13 PM

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Jaks%20resources/204451.jsp (deleted)

Summary from DK66 article above:
Mong Duong II was on reserve shutdown for 5 months at the request of Electricity of Vietnam, given that the hydropower plants were running at high capacity due to unusually heavier rainfall. The plant has only 35% utilization rate in the year.Year 2018 was the 3rd year of operation and was scheduled for major maintenance (alternative source)

BLee: The shutdown info did not come from me. In the same article, DK did project the profit of 'JAKS at 30% stakes will be earning RM 444Million (being tax free for the first few years)'

Happy trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk

07/10/2021 3:47 PM

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 10:00 | Report Abuse

Factory workers return to work on Oct 1, otherwise China will get their work.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Vietnam-s-COVID-battered-supply-chains-on-shaky-road-to-recovery

Just88

492 posts

Posted by Just88 > 2021-10-08 10:16 | Report Abuse

Ha ha, DK deleted his articles because he will not be able to defend them as he has quit i3 and yet people are still posting "deleted" articles ??? Everyone here cannot live without DK. lol !!

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-08 10:51 | Report Abuse

BLee,

I have talked enough here . I actually do not intennt to talk anymore here . But I hate misleading an irrelevant information that confuse the readers here

We are talking on different topics

You are talking the environmental friendly power generation and the present global trend to go green

But

I am talking about the BOT contract that guaranteed Jaks profit even it is ordered to shut down.

So whether you are working 40 years or 60dealing with EE is irrelevant to the BOT contract I am talking about

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-08 10:58 | Report Abuse

We are investor not plant operator. We are more interest whether our profit is guaranteed and predictable or not predictable. When our exit target price 1.5 is achieved or 2 years for our hard earned money to work ,whichever come first . JAKS up or down or whatever is none of our business . Who care so much about the hydrogen bombs ?

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-08 10:59 | Report Abuse

Bye.....

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-08 11:00 | Report Abuse

@Aseng, noted. I am also very familiar with BOT as I do procurement and bid proposal for EPCC contract. I did comment on DK profit flow chart and now reserve my comments in order not furthering this topic. Again all the best.

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 11:05 | Report Abuse

Because some very smart ppl think the tech in hydrogen bomb is applicable to fusion reactor mah which can provides unlimited super clean energy and solve our energy and climate crisis. Who needs fossil fuel when you can harness unlimited sun energy right? It's a macro thing which is indirectly related to Jaks distant future (after 25-30yrs).

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 11:11 | Report Abuse

Guys pay attention to a fusion reactor that will be built in 2025. If it can produce more energy than it consumes, omg..... Im telling you, ALP better do a big right issue to build fusion reactor lmao.....

https://www.livescience.com/nuclear-fusion-reactor-sparc-2025.html

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-08 11:43 | Report Abuse

@mita29, good info. I am very much into hydrogen as a feed stocks.
Below are some info for sharing.

Photolysis:
The chlorophyll's donated electrons need to be replaced, and these electrons come from the splitting of water. In a process called photolysis ('light' and 'split'), light energy and catalyst s interact to drive the splitting of water molecules into protons (H+), electrons, and oxygen gas.13 Jan 2017

https://phys.org/news/2020-05-molecules-hydrogen-sunlight.html

Water Electrolysis:
Electrolysis of water is the process of using electricity to decompose water into oxygen and hydrogen gas by a process called electrolysis. Hydrogen gas released in this way can be used as hydrogen fuel, or remixed with the oxygen to create oxyhydrogen gas, which is used in welding and other applications.
This is the option of using wind farms generated free energy to split sea water.

Catalysis:
Catalysis is the increase in the rate of a chemical reaction by the addition of a reagent — the catalyst — that is not itself consumed. The catalyst works by opening up a route between starting material and product with a lower activation barrier than the uncatalyzed process.
This is the option of chemical energy.

Happy trading

liewtz06

356 posts

Posted by liewtz06 > 2021-10-08 11:55 | Report Abuse

@Blee, if hydrogen could be a major feedstock in power plant, then there's valid reason to believe that hydrogen fuel car will outsell EV in the next 20 years. Why use electricity generated by hydrogen fuel but not using hydrogen fuel directly instead. Am I right?
But then again, since BOT was signed for 25 years, no matter what kind of energy evolves out there, the profit is more or less guaranteed.

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 12:07 | Report Abuse

But fusion reactor uses isotopes of hydrogens woh, namely deuterium and tritium, there are both produced in different ways. Tritium is radioactive and it's a byproduct of nuclear reactors.

https://www.energy.gov/science/doe-explainsisotopes

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-08 12:08 | Report Abuse

@liewtz06, as hydrogen is a very explosive gas, storage and handling required ex-proof equipment. Hydrogen powered vehicle is not new, it is not widely available in the US as the cost still very expensive. EV with new battery technology still the most economical at the moment. Happy trading

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-08 12:13 | Report Abuse

As I highlighted to @Aseng, I reserved my comments on the BOT contract flow chart. If not, it will be another lengthy discussion. Happy Trading

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-08 12:46 | Report Abuse

from Vietnam historical records, during the monsoon periods, coal plants can be partially or totally shut down and EVN will use hydro power.

Sslee
What i3lurker is saying if the end users/customers only pay your so much per KWH and if coal cost increase causing your net power output cost more than the customers ready to pay then you must as well shut down the power plant as what happening in China.
08/10/2021 8:54 AM

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 13:18 | Report Abuse

"JAKS Hai Duong, will be guaranteed with fixed capacity payments by the Vietnamese government and will be backed by energy payments to cover fuel and variable operating costs, and therefore contributing to a sustainable income contribution during its 25-year tenure."

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/06/06/jaks-resources-to-record-steady-net-profit-with-vietnam-power-plant

Itu fixed capacity payments will also be valid during plant shutdown? any lawyer can chime in to explain?

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-08 13:23 | Report Abuse

for all power plant contracts throughout whole world, fixed capacity payments will always be paid even if plant is not running but is ready to run...

The only condition is that Power Company requires the coal plant to be in a state of readiness to start up anytime per contract terms upon request

Example

if everything is working => Capacity payment is Guaranteed.

if turbine rotor blades cracked or boiler cracked and plant unable to start up => No capacity payments at all since plant is NOT in a state of readiness to start up.

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-08 13:27 | Report Abuse

example
Malakoff boilers cracked and capacity payments were not paid as per contract terms.
Share price nose dived...and never recovered even though won lawsuit against boiler manufacturer.

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-08 13:30 | Report Abuse

Thanks for explanation i3lurker

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-08 13:35 | Report Abuse

welcome

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-08 13:36 | Report Abuse

very slim chance of Chinese plant breaking down

nowadays China Goods better quality than Japanese Goods

Malakoff were all Japanese boilers

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 14:05 | Report Abuse

Pivoting?

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 14:05 | Report Abuse

Pivoted?

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 14:06 | Report Abuse

Memang dah low la

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-08 14:20 | Report Abuse

Since the theoretical valuation is 35 to 42 sen

market price now of 42 sen can be considered a good buy if power plants turns you on.

Otherwise there are other stocks with extreme high growth factors that power plants do not have...and can never give you.

human

196 posts

Posted by human > 2021-10-08 14:30 | Report Abuse

When there are lot of sunlight at the right time Solar plant output is good, not enough sunlight then other energy type power plant has to supply to meet demand.
When there are rain fall hydroplant output is good, not enough rain fall then other energy type power plant has to supply to meet demand.
So either is coal, hydro, solar, lng, plants that form a country power generation portfolio their main priorities are to complement each other to ensure energy securities less so on competition.

When the coal price is high the country energy commission can choose other energy type and stop the coal power plant.

The BOT of JHDP has consider this adjustment need thus the payout is capacity payment + electricity sales.

Most earning 80% or more is from capacity payment while electricity sales is a bonus.

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 15:12 | Report Abuse

Growth

JAKS no potential for growth?

JAKS cuma kena tambah lagi satu Veitnam IPP

Guna cash dari current IPP to build satu lagi IPP

Veitnam LNG IPP

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-08 15:15 | Report Abuse

42 sen hasil dari your Monte Carlo valuation program?

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 18:55 | Report Abuse

Those in RSS be cautious, price may reverse the trend if you think that it can go below 40 cent. Think twice or even thrice....... close position or else you may bleed profusely if price Reverses with big shoot up.

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 19:16 | Report Abuse

The choice is leave to you, l’ve no obligation to lead your decision. It is my expression of thought that Downtrend is going to reverse its trend.....

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 19:31 | Report Abuse

i3lurker Since the theoretical valuation is 35 to 42 sen

If you think the price can go down to 0.35 , think twice again. Jaks is profitable with consistent profit from power plant since two quarter back. Let this guy waiting at 35 cent to reach his closing for short position. He has his own magic theory to reach 35 cent. Nobody with sane mind will understand his theory. If you trust him just follow him. Who knows he already close his short position at 42 cent just waiting price to go lower to buy back cheap stock from you.

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 19:35 | Report Abuse

There is nobody doing charity here except some. I’m not doing charity as well. For those call Jaks fair price at 35 cents please think twice of his motive.

Cv_Tips

1 posts

Posted by Cv_Tips > 2021-10-08 19:35 | Report Abuse

Jaks come up

Surge

377 posts

Posted by Surge > 2021-10-08 19:36 | Report Abuse

No matter how you talk what you talk, D&S will proof it right.

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 19:42 | Report Abuse

Vaccination rate going to 90%, full economy reopening is imminent...... good news in pipeline. Jaks has turned loss to profit since two quarter back with stable income expected for 25 years.

Fair price at 35 cent? Please wake up ..... Who know you already close position and waiting for those selling cheap stock to you....such a bad and dirty tactics

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 19:58 | Report Abuse

Be alert of his move. When price downtrending his start to fear mongering, once price depressed significantly his set his lower target fair price so that more selling will continue, from this moment his already close his short position as his understand the price is oversold and undervalued, downside is limited. Thereafter he keeps buying back the cheap stock waiting the price to shoot up for another profit closing.

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 21:31 | Report Abuse

To be a good fear monger cum shortist one need to have some knowledge about a company when company was in time of bad shape or entire economy in bad time like current situation.

Shortist/Fear Monger(He) needs able to provide some insight or knowledge of company to guide other in order to convince them he is knowledgable in field of company doings. Once he convinced majority he built up his strength and credibility. This is important step as whatever he shared later will be naturally accepted & trusted with slightest doubt especially to those who has not enough info or knowledge about a company. When the time is ripe he will shed some weakness of company and make the non critical weakness of company become an unacceptable level which eventually position company in very bad shape condition. This will later follow by his own fair price target which is at extremely undervalued price. Those listened and trusted him will continue to dump the share while he takes this opportunity to close his short position for profit and buy back all the cheap stock from market as he know that the price is oversold, undervalued, the downside is limited and trend reversal is going to happen soon. Those trusted him unawarely become his scapegoats

You may observe his move from the way he talk, one step by step to achieve his motive. His given fair price has poor detail in derivation and normally set at extreme low side compare to any institution target price. To not being fell into this trap knowledge of company is playing the key role. Study in depth to gain insight by then you can understand the entire scenario why one would blindly give extremely low and unfair target price without rational sense for own benefit.

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 21:40 | Report Abuse

This is normally how shortist, fear monger and operator work in concerted manner to reach its ultimate goal

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 21:42 | Report Abuse

Scapegoats are those poor informed retailer.

viktor2u

86 posts

Posted by viktor2u > 2021-10-08 21:47 | Report Abuse

Well said.

OOMMGG

678 posts

Posted by OOMMGG > 2021-10-08 21:47 | Report Abuse

Will shortist admit their identity? I never see them doing so, this is the fact.

viktor2u

86 posts

Posted by viktor2u > 2021-10-08 21:52 | Report Abuse

The next quarter result another 30 million profit in line.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz