JAKS RESOURCES BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JAKS (4723)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.135 - 0.14

Trading Volume

41 people like this.

64,793 comment(s). Last comment by jjohnchew 19 hours ago

Just88

492 posts

Posted by Just88 > 2021-10-06 13:10 | Report Abuse

Jaks is the most misunderstood stock in Bursa. How many actually know that JHDP in actual fact benefits from higher coal prices ???

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-06 13:22 | Report Abuse

How is it misunderstood when the results from qr versus the stories told by everyone is at odds?

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2020/11/641387/jakss-jv-vietnam-generate-rm28bil-year

This is what everyone was told.

It is now q3 2021, coming to q4 2021.

KUALA LUMPUR: Jaks Resources Bhd believes that its joint-venture (JV) company in Vietnam can generate between RM2.4 billion and RM2.8 billion annual revenue, from the first quarter (Q1) of 2021.

The bullish forecast is due to Jaks Pacific Power Ltd's coal-fired power plant there.

Jaks Pacific, a 30:70 per cent JV between Jaks Resources and China Power Engineering Consulting Group Corporation, is the owner of Jaks Hai Duong power plant (Hai Duong) with 1,200 megawatts capacity.

This is what was said.

Despite the lower revenue, the Group recorded a profit before tax of RM23.9 million
in the current year second quarter as compared to a loss before tax of RM8.4 million
in the preceding year’s corresponding quarter. The turnaround to profitability was
mainly due to the share of 30% profit in JAKS Hai Duong Power Company Limited
(“JHDP”) of RM37.5 million following the commencement of commercial operation
(“COD”).

I'm sure someone can help to explain the differences between qr reported results and the marketing results prior to pp from jaks management.

Can anyone explain the discrepancy?

>>>>>>>

Posted by Just88 > Oct 6, 2021 1:10 PM | Report Abuse

Jaks is the most misunderstood stock in Bursa. How many actually know that JHDP in actual fact benefits from higher coal prices ???

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 13:40 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

thank you very much for your kindness to share with me your knowledge of Karma

They are called 12 因缘法 or Twelve Nidanas

The Twelve Nidānas are employed in the analysis of phenomena according to the principle of Pratītyasamutpāda. The aim of the Twelve Nidānas analysis is to reveal the origins of phenomena, and the feedback loop of conditioning and causation that leads to suffering in current and future lives.

Amithaba....

Just88

492 posts

Posted by Just88 > 2021-10-06 13:50 | Report Abuse

philip, Management talking about revenue at associate company level lah. Revenue cannot take up in Jaks' account. Can only show profit sharing. I think Sslee can explain better.

>>>>
Philip ( buy what you understand) How is it misunderstood when the results from qr versus the stories told by everyone is at odds?

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2020/11/641387/jakss-jv-vietnam-genera...

This is what everyone was told.

It is now q3 2021, coming to q4 2021.

KUALA LUMPUR: Jaks Resources Bhd believes that its joint-venture (JV) company in Vietnam can generate between RM2.4 billion and RM2.8 billion annual revenue, from the first quarter (Q1) of 2021.

The bullish forecast is due to Jaks Pacific Power Ltd's coal-fired power plant there.

Jaks Pacific, a 30:70 per cent JV between Jaks Resources and China Power Engineering Consulting Group Corporation, is the owner of Jaks Hai Duong power plant (Hai Duong) with 1,200 megawatts capacity.

This is what was said.

Despite the lower revenue, the Group recorded a profit before tax of RM23.9 million
in the current year second quarter as compared to a loss before tax of RM8.4 million
in the preceding year’s corresponding quarter. The turnaround to profitability was
mainly due to the share of 30% profit in JAKS Hai Duong Power Company Limited
(“JHDP”) of RM37.5 million following the commencement of commercial operation
(“COD”).

I'm sure someone can help to explain the differences between qr reported results and the marketing results prior to pp from jaks management.

Can anyone explain the discrepancy?

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 13:51 | Report Abuse

my good friend ,

thank you for your introduction to fundamental Analysis

for your information ,

i had learnt vale investing from KCChong sometimes ago

so what you are sharing I can understand and never forget to apply in my investment

Recently I also learnt TA from the Homily chart teacher

so, my portfolio now is more interesting

some I adopt the strategy buy and forget , 100% FA like Jaks and Ekovest

some I bought based on TA principle of " IF NO TREND AND NO BANKER , THEN NO BUY "
( i don't want to reveal my purchase here but for those who are in our chat group know what I am talking )

thank you my good friend

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 14:15 | Report Abuse

just88,

put it in a very straightforward manner , you mean Phillip is not aware that the revenue of the group does not include the revenue of the associate . that is why he feel the figure very funny .am I right ?

Just88

492 posts

Posted by Just88 > 2021-10-06 14:25 | Report Abuse

You are right, Aseng

>>>>>
Aseng just88,

put it in a very straightforward manner , you mean Phillip is not aware that the revenue of the group does not include the revenue of the associate . that is why he feel the figure very funny .am I right ?
06/10/2021 2:15 PM

garychee8

405 posts

Posted by garychee8 > 2021-10-06 14:38 | Report Abuse

jaksai crap at 0.425..ur master is so proud of u..i guess the bear out-tussled the bull...

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 16:14 | Report Abuse

Don't talk so much .

Quick quick sell

If not , you got to join me to wait for 2 years or 1.50 whichever is earlier

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 16:16 | Report Abuse

If play shares until no good days to live , then better balik kampung tanam ubi

Hahaha.....

garychee8

405 posts

Posted by garychee8 > 2021-10-06 16:21 | Report Abuse

STOP TALKING CRAP HERE..go back to your private chat where u belong ..so desperate to convince us to support your jaksai....berambusss

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2021-10-06 16:33 | Report Abuse

forget about jaks lah. Lousy mgt led by ALP. Once the mgt is lousy with endless PP or RI, you should not touch the stock of the company.

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2021-10-06 16:39 | Report Abuse

Jaks solar project under LSS4 will not making any money if current price of silicon,steel and aluminium price remained and will like to remain for some time.

The recent private placement for its solar project will be dillutive and it is not in the best interest of shareholders and will reduce EPS again.

Only Vietnam power plant is making money, all other projects are losing money.

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2021-10-06 16:52 | Report Abuse

jaks at best is goreng stock. I agreed with Sslee that one should stop promoting Jaks here.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:00 | Report Abuse

Don't talk so much quick

Quick quick sell

Sell and don't come back

No point coming here to entertain Aseng

garychee8

405 posts

Posted by garychee8 > 2021-10-06 17:03 | Report Abuse

promoting is an understatement...he is desperate...

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:03 | Report Abuse

I can wait 2 years ,

Can you ?

2 years 300%

Therefore 1 year 150%

I am not anxious to win tomorrow

But you are not

You are not deserved the big money

It belong to me and those who can wait

Not you

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:05 | Report Abuse

You are here to torture yourself

I am here to make money

That is the difference

You know

Posted by Leong Wey Chyuan > 2021-10-06 17:08 | Report Abuse

Nicely done jaks

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:10 | Report Abuse

Promoting?

I am talking Buddhism here you call it promoting.

I think you must have lost money until gila liao...

garychee8

405 posts

Posted by garychee8 > 2021-10-06 17:11 | Report Abuse

Talking crap again..what torture ?? I don't even hv any jaksai...hey desperado, don't try to convince anyone fr this chat grp to support ...make money my foot

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:13 | Report Abuse

Just drop a cent and you cry father and cry mother .

Where got people play share that low class like you

Go and play guli lah......

Here is not for you

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-06 17:41 | Report Abuse

Dear Aseng,
Buddha is saying that anything can happen today because tomorrow is not promised.
So please don't be so confident:

Aseng I can wait 2 years ,
Can you ?
2 years 300%
Therefore 1 year 150%

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:49 | Report Abuse

Garychee ,
do not tell me other than crap there is no more better word to use ?

Do not tell me you only know crap ?

I don't see anything new in you comment other than the crap you non stop mentioned

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-10-06 17:55 | Report Abuse

Going for new low....!

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-06 17:57 | Report Abuse

Sslee

Ada missing part kat compain u

B4 u complain to SC u patut make sure yg 49% minority tu DID NOT lend to tat ex subsidy in matching amount proportionate to its % shareholding to JAKS % shareholding

Dah u make sure??

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 17:59 | Report Abuse

ValueInvestor888 //forget about jaks lah. Lousy mgt led by ALP. Once the mgt is lousy with endless PP or RI, you should not touch the stock of the company.

06/10/2021 4:33 PM

Do you know what you are talking?

A pp of 10% will bring back a return of 30% and more is value accretive or cash burning ?

A RI to subscribe the power plant that will bring a 25 years guaranteed income is value accretive or cash burning ?

Which teacher teaches value investing in this ?

You better think seriously whether to continue learning from him

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 18:04 | Report Abuse

ValueInvestor888 //Jaks solar project under LSS4 will not making any money if current price of silicon,steel and aluminium price remained and will like to remain for some time.

You are talking as if all the CEO of hundred of listed companies locally and oversea are crap , Lees clever than you .

Is it what you wish to tell me ?

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 18:10 | Report Abuse

ValueInvestor888 .
The recent private placement for its solar project will be dillutive and it is not in the best interest of shareholders and will reduce EPS again

What mathematic is this ?

10% PP = 0% return ?

How should I begin if I were to teach you financial mathematic . ?

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 18:19 | Report Abuse

I do agree after the pp , the number of share will increase but the eps may not be reduced .

This is serious financial mathematics and you common sense can be wrong

You talk about the dilution , I believe you are referring to the increase in the number of shares .

You are trying to say more share more difficult for the price to move .

This is another wrong concept or mistake

Hongseng is a good example to prove you wrong

Check it out yourself

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 18:23 | Report Abuse

slee Dear Aseng,
Buddha is saying that anything can happen today because tomorrow is not promised.
So please don't be so confident:

Can you ?
2 years 300%
Therefore 1 year 150%

Anything wrong ?
If not how can I benefit from Buddha teaching .

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 18:26 | Report Abuse

Since you understand " tomorrow is not promised " then why you are that confident I am wrong tomorrow .

Sama-sama lah

Hoho22

186 posts

Posted by Hoho22 > 2021-10-06 18:30 | Report Abuse

Hard Rock mentality kills

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 19:04 | Report Abuse

Why I am so confident ?

1. The power plant is real and had already started operation . From today onwards you will see Jaks will never report a negative income any more .

2. The company is moving in the right . The future expansion into solar , hydro and LNG energy is timely and a right investment choice.. This will contribute another consistent income and further strengthening of the strong recurring income of the company

3. Disposal or bringing to a halt of the loss making domestic business is ongoing.
any good news , anytime from now or after the lock down recovery , will serve as a strong catalyst to push the shares price sky high

Aren't these not good enough reasons to boost my confident . And this confidence is not built on sand but supported by valid reasons.
So who is misleading the readers ?
Are you a gentleman to condemn Aseng when you have nothing new and better to share

Of course, this will take time for the market to digest , so am I not rational to say I am prepared to wait for 2 years or 1.50 whichever come first .

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 19:13 | Report Abuse

I challenge you to tell me why you have no confidence in Jaks the way I told you , can you ?

I doubt any of you can do that if scolding aseng or wild accusation is not allowed

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-06 19:22 | Report Abuse

Dear aseng, this case was the item I pointed out few years ago when everyone was writing very rosy future for jaks earnings after cod, including DK in his articles which he has since deleted.

So for you, how much do you think jaks will earn in future after the engineering works have been completed, and the earnings from 30% power plant has been reflected for 2 quarters.

How much are you willing to pay for 800 million market cap valuation? Where will the future earnings come from, now that we know exactly how much jhdp is earning?

>>>>>>>>

Can you ?

2 years 300%

Therefore 1 year 150%

06/10/2021 1:51 PM

Aseng just88,

06/10/2021 2:15 PM

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-06 19:24 | Report Abuse

Aseng not even ALP or BOD 0r God can guarantee in 2 year time JAKS will be RM1.50. So be humble and know your limit.

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-06 19:40 | Report Abuse

Sslee

Ada missing part kat compain u

B4 u complain to SC u patut make sure yg 49% minority tu DID NOT lend to tat ex subsidy in matching amount proportionate to its % shareholding to JAKS % shareholding

Dah u make sure??

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-06 19:45 | Report Abuse

I seem to recall a long time ago as well the rosy predictions by icon8888 and dk irr calculations on how much return they will get from the power plant in 30% ownership of joint venture. So how accurate had it been since then.

The facts are jaks owes 300 million in long term debt, took a few hundred million in private placements, warrants and debt raisings to dilute shareholders of the jhdp joint venture, and in the end, we only get 37 million per quarter of earnings instead of the previously acclaimed 300-400 million calculated with multiple spreadsheets by DK66 back then.

Now power plant up and running, still no big jackpot in view.

How now? Wait for next promise, bait and switch?

Obviously Dennis Koh had now deleted all his articles and calculations.

Very sad. Shows how spreadsheets never survive the first cash flow report.

>>>>>>>
Philip, if you have a better evaluation method, I would appreciate if you can share it here. I m doing a task that so far no one is doing better in Jaks - trying to FORECAST the future earnings of JHDP.
Please take note of the word "FORECAST"
>>>>>>>
Aseng, remember I told you that the 12%IRR is based on Capacity payment alone ? The IRR has not considered the Energy payment. That is precisely the reason why Vinh Tan 1 has achieved 16% IRR as pointed out by probability.

----------------------
Fixed Capacity Price is a fixed number which is pre-determined throughout the entire economic life of the project. Fixed Capacity Price is calculated so that the internal of return of the power plant project will not exceed a regulatory rate (i.e. 10% or 12% depends on each case).
>>>>>>>

This was the article written by icon8888 long long time ago on the profit he expects to get from Jake post power plant cod run.

300 million a year!
>>>>>

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/icon8888/2020-05-01-story-h1506818792-_Icon_Jaks_Resources_IRR_Model_Shows_That_RM300_mil_Net_Profit_p_a_For_.jsp

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 20:24 | Report Abuse

Sslee // Aseng not even ALP or BOD 0r God can guarantee in 2 year time JAKS will be RM1.50. So be humble and know your limit.
06/10/2021 7:24 PM

sama-sama lah...

Neither anybody can Guarantee can guaranteed I can not achieve my goal in 2 years time .

how can a good Christian achieve the goal in life or live his days , if he has no faith and confidence in Jesus

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 20:31 | Report Abuse

Philip ( buy what you understand)// I seem to recall a long time ago as well the rosy predictions by icon8888 and dk irr calculations on how much return they will get from the power plant in 30% ownership of joint venture. So how accurate had it been since then

within expectation , if not, I won't waste my time here .

I do not need anybody to believe if I say I can afford the failure
because I also agree what Sslee said tomorrow is not promised
but I can promise myself
I know what I am doing and believe what I am doing is right .

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-06 20:34 | Report Abuse

We only get 37 million per quarter of earnings instead of the previously acclaimed 300-400 million.

If I am not mistaken the tax free is only for 5 years after that need to pay tax.

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-06 20:36 | Report Abuse

Hitler’s reasoning was a steaming pile of bullshit, but the point remains that if the question is whether Hitler knew he was a bad man, then the answer is, no, he thought he was a good man doing good things.

He and many other Nazis thought they were giving the world a solution to the “Jewish problem.”

Hitler knew what he was doing, and he did it willingly. But Hitler didn’t think he was a bad person for doing it.

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-06 20:39 | Report Abuse

300 - 400 million is just a Harlequin / Mills & Boon novel written by nasty uncle

Posted by Sslee > Oct 6, 2021 8:34 PM | Report Abuse

We only get 37 million per quarter of earnings instead of the previously acclaimed 300-400 million.

If I am not mistaken the tax free is only for 5 years after that need to pay tax.

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-06 20:41 | Report Abuse

The Vietnam Ministerial Determination for coal is only 10% IRR for whole thing capacity and energy

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 20:43 | Report Abuse

Philip ( buy what you understand) ,
The facts are jaks owes 300 million in long term debt, took a few hundred million in private placements, warrants and debt raisings to dilute shareholders of the jhdp joint venture, and in the end, we only get 37 million per quarter of earnings instead of the previously acclaimed 300-400 million calculated with multiple spreadsheets by DK66 back then.

this argument is very misleading and irresponsible
because you are not interested in Jaks .
you do not bother to spend your time to do a serious homework to verify how the BOT is signed. moreover you are not an accountant , DCF valuation and comparative value may look very is not your field of expertise .
DK is different .
He is an accountant
He is a power plant expert
He love jaks so much
he talk about Jaks when he sleep
He talk about Jaks when he eat
Jaks is the only stock in the whole bursa he likes
this is the difference ,
if not Aseng , no-one will tell you

i3lurker

13,932 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-10-06 20:43 | Report Abuse

its so long ago

I vaguely remember I did key in some figures into my Power Plant Template but DK refused to answer anything.

later I heard a FRAUD was committed

a FRAUD was committed by creating a FAKE ID and then claiming that FAKE ID was me....

Just88

492 posts

Posted by Just88 > 2021-10-06 20:50 | Report Abuse

Do you know that profit is different from free cash flow ? You don't use profit but free cash flow in your DCF calculation. DK's peer comparison forecast RM190m profit and RM300m free cash flow. Please do your homework.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-06 20:52 | Report Abuse

What does Capacity Paymant cover ?
Capacity payment is the only future cash flow used by the project investors to determine the viability of their investments. Capacity payment is determined to sufficiently cover the followings;

1Equity capital
2Bank borrowings
3.Loan Interest
4.Fixed maintenance costs
5.Fixed operation costs
6.Required Investment returns

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-06 20:55 | Report Abuse

So you still agree on his valuation and calculation that jaks jhdp earnings will be 300-400 million a year 30% of the joint venture from power plant despite what we are seeing now after cod?

If you believe that, where is the balance? Latest qr was 37 million, if we assume 300-400 million, there is still a shortfall of 63 million earnings this quarter from the JV? Any idea where and when is that coming?

I am very much interested in jaks because I read all the qr reports of all the companies I am interested in bursa every quarter.

I would like to know if more revenue and earnings coming from jaks after the total investment of 1.6 billion USD.

If you are confident that we will still get 300-400 million a year of earnings from the 30% JV or 12% IRR, then jaks is definitely a buy at these low prices.

But qr results are out and different from DK66 projections. I would like to know why such a huge gap in difference?

>>>>>>>>>

this argument is very misleading and irresponsible
because you are not interested in Jaks .
you do not bother to spend your time to do a serious homework to verify how the BOT is signed. moreover you are not an accountant , DCF valuation and comparative value may look very is not your field of expertise .

Post a Comment
Market Buzz