JAKS RESOURCES BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JAKS (4723)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.135 - 0.14

Trading Volume

41 people like this.

64,793 comment(s). Last comment by jjohnchew 19 hours ago

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-07 08:03 | Report Abuse

Possible mungkin not run

Possible not run dan no offtake bila coal price shot through d roof coz Vietnam ada hydropower power stations

Vietnam ada alternative source to generate electricity so boleh shut off coal power stations use hydropower stations

Tapi of course depends on electricity demand too

Klau electricity demand also shot through d roof thn cannot shut down coal power stations la

Also depends ada water ke kat d dams to generate electricity

Posted by SarifahSelinder > Oct 1, 2021 4:33 PM | Report Abuse X

Electricity restriction?

Ada water kat dams or not?

Collect capacity payments jer pun cukup makan

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-07 08:09 | Report Abuse

Klau 43% coal 57% hydro la

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-07 08:31 | Report Abuse

Dear SarifahSelinder,

My complaint is about the announcement of JIC disposal only highlight JRB Group is expected to realize a gain of approximately RM71.89 million from the Proposed Disposal against the audited NL of JIC as at FYE 31 December 2019 of approximately RM140.95 million and nothing was disclosed on how to resolve in JIC book: Advances from JRB, JSB and related company to JIC: {Amount due to ultimate holding company: (34,414,521), amount due to immediate holding company: (26,874,939) and amount due to a related company: (12,789,590)} will be impaired (the prerogative of the Board of Directors of the listed issuer whether to take legal action with regard to recovery of the receivables) and thus will financially negatively impact the Financial Year end 31th Dec 2020 result.

This is an offence of furnishing misleading financial statements to Bursa Malaysia under section 354(3)(f)(ii) of the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 (CMSA) on disposal of JSB 51% equity in JIC to ICD for consideration of RM1.00.

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-07 08:53 | Report Abuse

Sslee

Sarifah faham ur complain

Tapi misalan klau JAKS answer to SC tat the 49% shareholder also ada loan to tat ex subsidy dan also suffer impairment n write off macam JAKS

Thn u macam mana nak jawab? Still ada isu?

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-07 08:58 | Report Abuse

Point is u hv not done d research n confirmed all d facts

Klau u dah research dan found out misalan JAKS bagi rm 100m loan to that ex subsidy tapi 49% only give rm 100 thn Sarifah join to condemn JAKS management

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2021-10-07 09:00 | Report Abuse

Sslee

U start wit prejudice

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-07 09:01 | Report Abuse

Dia mungkin one of short selllers gang hehehehehe.... Cari makan mah...

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-10-07 09:44 | Report Abuse

Jaks shit....!

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-10-07 10:04 | Report Abuse

Another bcorp in the making...

firehawk

4,782 posts

Posted by firehawk > 2021-10-07 10:29 | Report Abuse

Good news! Peer group counter, Toyoven rebound strongly .....

Posted by TryMakeGoodBuy > 2021-10-07 10:35 | Report Abuse

I will keep my one lot of JakAss.
to remind myself what an Ass I am!
JakAss is like the shit it is, dropping from top to bottom.
HaHaHa

Citadel666

535 posts

Posted by Citadel666 > 2021-10-07 10:40 | Report Abuse

soon below 0.4, too heavy to move

garychee8

405 posts

Posted by garychee8 > 2021-10-07 11:01 | Report Abuse

crap master said nx wk can touch 0.47..buy

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 11:01 | Report Abuse

Hi , good morning my good friends

Posted by awankign007 > 2021-10-07 11:02 | Report Abuse

Wah Aseng still here. Promote since RM0.70 till now. Salute.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 11:04 | Report Abuse

Many of my good friends here said Asrng no good heart , promoting a stock that not worth the buy . Is it true ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-10-07 11:09 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by awankign007 > 2021-10-07 11:28 | Report Abuse

Aseng, so many good stock outside. Dun fall in love with stock. will kill u silently

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 11:37 | Report Abuse

How do you know I have no better outside stocks than you ?

Posted by awankign007 > 2021-10-07 11:43 | Report Abuse

Aiyo see yr comment already know ma, 8254post, 95% jaks adui

Surge

377 posts

Posted by Surge > 2021-10-07 11:44 | Report Abuse

Rebounding now

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-07 11:45 | Report Abuse

I am scolding nobody, below info just for discussion purposes only.

@Aseng: Fund raising is not equal to earning dilution .
If you are that stubborn to say it is , the IPO is the biggest dilution but shares can still shoot to the sky .

06/10/2021 11:19 PM

BLee: Totally agreed 'IPO is the biggest dilution' and a form of crowd funding. If afraid of funds raising from all forms of crowd funding risk; very difficult to invest in share market. If the funds raising is bias and NOT beneficial to minority sharholders, vote it out as done recently by KNM shareholders.

On the subject of Coal Power Generaton Plant, below are my comments earlier highlighting the issues:-
' Blog: (Icon) Jaks Resources (7) - Jaks WB Is My 2019 Sailang Stock
Dec 9, 2018 4:28 PM
Dear All, No offence intended. Since I hold MFCB for years getting good dividend and MFCB being compare with JAKS, I liked to offer my opinion on the comparison.
MFCB power plant being hydro-electric, no feed stock required i.e. free energy and environmental friendly, renewable energy and energy of the future.
JAKS feed stock coal will be obsolete in the near future with UK and many other countries banning soon, depleting and non-envronmental friendly..
I wonder why new coal power station still being built..just my 2 sens. TQ'

My question is what will happen in 25years time, the forcast profit period, when the whole world is looking at renewable energy replacing fossil fuel? JAKS has done the right step on going into renewable energy now, but it require time and new money.

Another discussion:

'Blog: Jaks Resources - What You Should Know About The Tariff Payments

Dec 22, 2020 3:24 PM  @DK, noted. That's why I put as 'profit'. 'Paper works' can get so much profit? I very much likes a fair reporting and highlighting the risk by @Jennyloh
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/jennylohsharing/2020-12-17-story-h15...
i) Every 3 years shutdown for major maintenance.
ii) Priority for Green Power plant to operate in preference for coal power plant.

Happy Trading

Posted by DK > Dec 22, 2020 2:56 PM | Report Abuse 

Blee, in fact Jaks only did paper works. By the way, dividend is not profit.'

Now seems item ii) in play??

Happy trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk

SEE_Research

4,653 posts

Posted by SEE_Research > 2021-10-07 11:47 | Report Abuse

Honest Assessment

Technical chart and analysis :
downwards pressure is well exhibited

1. This stock is a down-trending with strong pressure exerted

2. Highest of the various months

17 Feb / RM 0.825
15 Mar / RM 0.755
5 Apr / RM0.66
7 May / RM 0.67
1 June / RM 0.51
26 July / RM 0.53
25 Aug / RM 0.52
8 Sept / RM 0.535
1 Oct / Rm 0.47

3. Pls study for your self , to be well informed .

4. This is strictly not a buy or sell call.

5. All the best to the short term , long term investors .

6. This period is very difficult time for everyone esp. the unprecedented times of Covid 19 ,
more so like the old time of famine & plague , strong negative influence on our world economy experienced by every country in the world.

Sincerely .

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-07 12:17 | Report Abuse

Nope, I strongly believe we cannot reduce coal/fossil fuel burning drastically until we execute a successful global scale solar geoengineering solution. We can cap it now to slow down C02 build up but it means coal/fossil fuel burning will remain for a long time for power generation. Politicians and scientists should focus more on solar geoenginnering to manage climate change, The successful execution of Solar geoengineering would buy us more time to transition to different kind of economy (green, nuclear, etc).

COVID-19 lockdowns temporarily raised global temperatures, research shows (Global dimming)
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210202164535.htm

Geoengineer the Planet? More Scientists Now Say It Must Be an Option
https://e360.yale.edu/features/geoengineer-the-planet-more-scientists-now-say-it-must-be-an-option

liewtz06

356 posts

Posted by liewtz06 > 2021-10-07 12:31 | Report Abuse

I3lurker, why Vietnamese government agreed on such terms to allow coal cost pass through? Logically thinking, they want the power plant to run continuously, and not stopping due to coal price hike. Unless there is redundant electricity being generated, or else EVN will keep buying whatever amount of kWh generated by JHDP.

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-07 12:40 | Report Abuse

@mita29, the next big thing on energy will be splitting the ocean water (H2O), harvesting the H2 for energy. It is utilising the wind power generating electric for hydrolysis. The H2 then flow onshore for storage and running power plants, vehicles, etc in place of coal and gas, etc. Both wind and water is abundant and free. Many companies (one of them Mitsubishi) have succesfully employ such technology. Energy technology is ever changing, what is viable today might not be viable for the next five years; what more for the next 25 years. Happy trading...

liewtz06

356 posts

Posted by liewtz06 > 2021-10-07 12:44 | Report Abuse

Blee, the new technology has not been proven of large scale and consistent power generation. In those industries especially chip-makers etc, that are critical to the economy and power intensive, will not take the risk, until it's proven to be better than current way of electricity supply.

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-07 12:52 | Report Abuse

Charge your tesla battery with "wind power or solar power" directly better loh, why need to go extra step to burn energy to split the h20. so damn wasteful & inefficient. adui....

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-07 12:55 | Report Abuse

For non science/engineering ppl
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmorris/2021/02/06/why-are-we-still-talking-about-hydrogen/?sh=49d93ea77f04

BLee, I'm sorry your hydrogen dream will not come true.

"According to a frequently cited study by Transport & Environment, the process of electrolyzing hydrogen already loses 30% of the energy from the process of splitting the H2 from the O. You then have another 26% loss of the remaining energy from transporting the hydrogen to the fuel station, meaning you’ve already lost a total of 48% of the energy before any hydrogen makes it into a vehicle. You can save some of this by making hydrogen on site, but electrolysis plants cost millions, so they will more likely be centralized. In comparison, the typical loss from transferring electricity over wires to a charging station is just 5%, so you still have 95% left."

prince11

215 posts

Posted by prince11 > 2021-10-07 13:01 | Report Abuse

hihi

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 13:17 | Report Abuse

mita 29, what you said makes sense, power consumption is never enough for Vietnam rapid economic expansion in the foresee future even though the global trend is to go green
that is why BLee is wondering why new unfriendly power plants are still being built.
but anyhow the effort to go green is there and Jaks should be the last company in Vietnam to enjoy the most favorable terms and conditions of the BOT contract for foreign investment
very misleading for Blee to say "...JAKS feed stock coal will be obsolete in the near future with UK and many other countries banning soon, depleting and non-envronmental friendly.." . Jaks profit is protected by Vietnam government under the BOT agreement signed by both parties.
MFCB although is hydro driven but it is misleading to say it had not cause some big problems the the the people living along the mei-kong river . I hope i am not wrong to say so . please kindly correct me if I am wrong

Posted by TryMakeGoodBuy > 2021-10-07 13:19 | Report Abuse

Aseng is an experienced investor.
Please do not rationalize with him.
He has his views and strong believes in his own world.
His buy call has been from 70 sen to 42 sen.
He maybe right after a long long time later.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 13:39 | Report Abuse

Blee//. My question is what will happen in 25years time, the forcast profit period, when the whole world is looking at renewable energy replacing fossil fuel? JAKS has done the right step on going into renewable energy now, but it require time and new money.

this question is half true half false .

True :JAKS has done the right step on going into renewable energy now,
it is guided by the management that their choice are those that will strengthen financial position in the shortest time possible

True : but it require time and new money.
of course it requires time and money
but the time is not certainly not 10 years or 20 years or more . it is very misleading if a reasonable time frame is not specified

of course it need money . fund raising is not earning dilutive if it it worth the expenditure

False : My question is what will happen in 25years time, the forcast profit period, when the whole world is looking at renewable energy replacing fossil fuel?

THIS QUESTION LAGI MISLEADING .
Jaks profit is protected by Vietnamese government for 25 years .
the income is predictable
under such circumstances , DCF valuation is the most reliable valuation methodology to derive the NPV . Dk had done a good job for all of us , DK know very well domestic losses will drag on for a few years more . so in his calculation , he made a 5 year provision of 30M per year to cover the domestic loss from the cash flow derived from comparative valuation and come out with a fair value of RM1.50

My intention is not a buy recommendation or whatever you like to construe
I am just sharing the information I had gathered to the less informed and the misinformed here to provide a balanced view .

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 13:49 | Report Abuse

BLee//Dec 22, 2020 3:24 PM @DK, noted. That's why I put as 'profit'. 'Paper works' can get so much profit? I very much likes a fair reporting and highlighting the risk by @Jennyloh
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/jennylohsharing/2020-12-17-story-h15...
i) Every 3 years shutdown for major maintenance.
ii) Priority for Green Power plant to operate in preference for coal power plant.

again this is vey misleading and cin-cai said general statement

How many time I got to remind you that the profit is guaranteed by the Vietnamese government to encourage foreign investment . the maintenance or the shut down order is covered by the capacity payment that I had already shared many times here . put it in a very simple language in case you do not understand my pasar malam English
Jaks will still receive its full amount of the capacity payment even though it is ordered to stop work.
understand ?

winterwolf

663 posts

Posted by winterwolf > 2021-10-07 13:51 | Report Abuse

Posted by BLee > Oct 7, 2021 12:40 PM | Report Abuse

@mita29, the next big thing on energy will be splitting the ocean water (H2O).......

---------------------------------
this is what i thought when i was growing up, scientists were harping on it in the 80s....
and now I am growing old....
it never become commercial, just laboratory stories.

the current extreme weather proves wind farm and hydropower as unreliable sources of energy, and nuclear power well known since Chernobyl only constitute a small portion of the supplies as the fear is always there, fear of mishaps....Fukushima is like a far away historical events, but solutions is yet to be found for cleaning the mess. Chernobyl stays a wasted land since then.

Fossil fuel will still be the one..... people also forgot the fart of the cow is equally damaging, but beef steak is too tempting for anyone to shut it up through the rear.

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-07 13:56 | Report Abuse

Based on NOSH 3 billion and fair value of RM 1.50.
NPV of RM 4.5 billion derived from DCF for 25 years with 30 million loss per year for domestic operation for next 5 year and then after 5 year JHDP profit need to pay Vietnem corporate tax of 25%.

This is unbelievable. Anyhow we will know how JHDP financial performance from JAKS annual report 2021.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 13:57 | Report Abuse

winterwolf,

you are most clever boy i had met here so far

give you a "like "

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-07 13:58 | Report Abuse

I am not saying no power plant; the feed stock will change from coal, gas, etc to hydrogen fired (little explosion of H2). In term of distribution, nothing change. So reliability of power source not a concern. The question of cost of energy conversion already taken care by free wind and water. Structure cost could just an addition to all the wind farms already built. Only new cost will be the hydrogen pipeline. Some old offshore hydrocarbon platform with existing onshore landing pipeline is a good conversion (privy info)... The calculated energy loss is old news for hydrogen power vehicle. I will not defend on MFCB hydro (run off river, not hydro dam) as the technology could also be obsolete one day. Happy trading

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 14:06 | Report Abuse

BLee ,

1. why you turn a deaf ear to the complains of those people living along the Mei-kong river ?

2. the agreement of Jaks and MFCB are different.
MFCB earning is seasonal when there is heavy rainfall or no rainfall but Jaks is paid to stop
work for the hydro project to work more during the rainy season

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-07 14:07 | Report Abuse

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/01/the-race-to-prove-the-viability-of-nuclear-fusion.html

FRI, OCT 1 20218:59 AM EDT

Katie Brigham
With numerous breakthroughs recently, the race is on to prove the viability of nuclear fusion power, which could provide a nearly-limitless source of clean energy.

ITER, a $22 billion international megaproject in the south of France, is the best-funded endeavor. It’s nearing completion on construction of the world’s largest fusion reactor, with the goal of being the first to generate more energy than it consumes. But in recent years, the private fusion industry has also boomed, funded by venture capitalists and billionaire investors. And these start-ups have aggressive timelines, with some aiming to commercialize fusion power within the decade.

The latest to make headlines is Commonwealth Fusion Systems, an MIT-spinoff company that has built the most powerful fusion magnet in the world, capable of generating a stronger magnetic field than ITER in a much smaller space.

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory also recently made news, as it got closer to producing net energy than ever before, using 192 huge lasers to generate 70% as much energy as went into the reaction.

But reaching net energy is just the beginning. Given the low price of fossil fuels and the high upfront costs associated with building fusion reactors, it’s not yet clear how fusion would move from proof of concept to commercialization, and we’re still likely many decades away from generating enough electricity from fusion to power cities and industry.

But this year, we’ve moved a little closer to replicating the power of the sun here on Earth.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 14:19 | Report Abuse

Sslee Based on NOSH 3 billion and fair value of RM 1.50.
NPV of RM 4.5 billion derived from DCF for 25 years with 30 million loss per year for domestic operation for next 5 year and then after 5 year JHDP profit need to pay Vietnem corporate tax of 25%.

This is unbelievable. Anyhow we will know how JHDP financial performance from JAKS annual report 2021

reason :

1 you are not an accountant
2. you are not an expert in power plant and you
3 you are lazy to find out whether it is true or false
4. you are too busy with your complain to the SC

My good friend Sslee ,

there are many thing look unbelievable to us but it doesn't mean it is wrong .

you are the most intelligent man Aseng had met so far
if you are willing to talk less here , spend more time to know what is Jaks now and before the transformation. I believe you will be the next Mahathir in the i3 history

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 14:27 | Report Abuse

TryMakeGoodBuy// Aseng is an experienced investor.
Please do not rationalize with him.
He has his views and strong believes in his own world.
His buy call has been from 70 sen to 42 sen.
He maybe right after a long long time later

you are right but also wrong

when did I come here to tell you to buy at 70 cents ?
was it before the RI or after the RI ?

If you are interested in me, then you must do your homework
what you talk about me must be true and valid

you are a very irresponsible person

why ?

did I ask you to buy ?

you are not an institutional investor ,

what wonder can you create in the market

Is my English really that difficult to understand ?

did I ask you to buy Jaks ?

I am sharing what I know to the less informed and the misinformed to achieved a balanced view

BLee

873 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-07 14:28 | Report Abuse

Hydrogen–gas turbines have many environmental and economic benefits, and Mitsubishi Power is committed to facilitating the transition. Their turbines can be fitted into existing power plants and can run on less pure forms of hydrogen, which can be carried in any form, from liquid hydrogen to ammonia.

Hanwha Energy's hydrogen-fuel-cell power plant at the Daesan Industrial Complex in Seosan, Korea, came online in July of 2020. The plant contains 114 fuel cells and can generate up to 400,000 MWh of electricity per year¹, making it the world's largest industrial hydrogen-fuel-cell power plant.16 Aug 2020

Not BLee pipe dream, already exist. Just 2 examples by surfing the net..Happy trading

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 14:33 | Report Abuse

I told you how many times already

my exit plan

2 years or exit TP 1.5 whichever come first

what a long long time later
you are talking about ?

liewtz06

356 posts

Posted by liewtz06 > 2021-10-07 14:38 | Report Abuse

@Sslee, JHDP was granted tax free for first 5 years, 5% tax the subsequent 7 years and 10% for the remaining of the BOT contract years. Could you please clarify again your statement of Jaks needs to pay 25% Vietnam corporate tax?

Sslee

6,222 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-07 14:43 | Report Abuse

Ok i thought it was 5 years tax free thereafter pay a normal corporate tax rate.
My mistake.

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 15:04 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,

that is why I said you are too lazy to make sure your common sense is telling you the right thing

paktua73

18,265 posts

Posted by paktua73 > 2021-10-07 15:06 | Report Abuse

paktua frankly admit..
here paktua making huge lost..
after release mostly share on hand..
now balance share still hold at evrge 0.59++..

tut tut
win or lose its part of swing trading..

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 15:08 | Report Abuse

BLee also like to make his talk based on common sense or a cin-cai cut and paste from a google search that nobody know what you are talking about . at the end kena hentam left and right

Aseng

8,633 posts

Posted by Aseng > 2021-10-07 15:13 | Report Abuse

why suddenly switch the topic to hydrogen energy ?

is it your pasar malam English that can not convince people

and now change your trick to rocket science ?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz