TIME DOTCOM BHD

KLSE (MYR): TIMECOM (5031)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (0.19%)

Day's Change

5.31 - 5.36

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

992 comment(s). Last comment by 1DERFUL 1 month ago

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2018-11-28 23:50 | Report Abuse

then some more TM internet can be served to any location in Malaysia included Sabah and Serawak, but Time only in Klang Valley not all only at few area, other places Time cannot give their sevices, event Time also cannot provide their services in Putrajaya till now

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2018-11-28 23:51 | Report Abuse

that is different between TM and Time

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2018-11-28 23:55 | Report Abuse

who said Time is the best? Have u check and see their comment room at build where they provide customer their network? Go and see it first, dulu2 Time know as Fibre to the longkang, but now dun know if still hv, the only good about Time is they very fast to attend ur problems if u make report, bacoz their MRTA is last 5 hour

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-11-29 11:48 | Report Abuse

Panji,

I lazy teach you. or explain to you for everyone benefit. Its not in my interest to have timecom price go up. Cause im always looking for chance to top up.

Posted by foreverchung > 2018-11-29 17:01 | Report Abuse

@Jon Choivo, Couldn't agree more. I just top up and keep for 10 years.

Panji
Comment 1: Wrong.
Comment 2: Wrong again.
Comment 3: Not sure what are you talking about.

Anyhow, if you are supporter of TM, please feel free to move on and go on to support on their page. No point hatin' over here if you can't provide concrete proof. Probably bought TM shares and now cried.

neverends

123 posts

Posted by neverends > 2018-12-03 07:57 | Report Abuse

obiviously panji is trying to give a false info. TIME don't tumpang TM or Digi network. They don't resell other people network. only sell own 100% infra. Go check out their official info https://www.facebook.com/TIMEinternet/photos/pcb.2226022187438995/2226021570772390/?type=3&theater

Posted by foreverchung > 2019-01-12 00:10 | Report Abuse

My Time is up, my Time is now. You can't see it, the Time is now.

Posted by sharegod666 > 2019-01-14 16:24 | Report Abuse

foreverchung diam la

Posted by foreverchung > 2019-01-22 18:41 | Report Abuse

sharegod666 what's the matter? you lost money?

LouiseS

286 posts

Posted by LouiseS > 2019-01-27 12:09 | Report Abuse

Last 5 years EPS on decreasing trend, decreased by 18.4% over last 5 years, PE ratio is at 18, ROE 10%, and dividend yield 2.09%

https://louisesinvesting.blogspot.com/2019/01/preliminary-screening-of-counters-with_4.html

James Ng

2,678 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2019-02-10 11:45 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/192783.jsp
[转贴] [Facebook live:浅谈Time DotCom bhd (TimeCom)] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

Posted by foreverchung > 2019-02-28 20:02 | Report Abuse

EPS at 2 year high, Div 20.56 cents, congrats all shareholders.

I wanna take the Time to rub the faces of all doubters back on valentine's day few years back when I bought Time. They told me that this is a shit company and recurring will not take off because TM monopoly what not. Thank you for giving me the chance to prove you wrong.

gs888

32 posts

Posted by gs888 > 2019-02-28 20:07 | Report Abuse

Great!

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-02-28 21:10 | Report Abuse

Woot. I like how its still below my cost, despite performing as well over the last 2 years as i expected.. Seems like its time to start topping up.

Posted by Nicholasming91 > 2019-03-01 12:30 | Report Abuse

Future will buy TM company ahhaha

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-11 00:39 | Report Abuse

Yes, top up more. put in all your money.

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/philip2/197219.jsp

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-12 22:08 | Report Abuse

I'm confused. Can someone explain?

>>>>>>>
Now for more information. Go to your latest time quarterly report, go to note 16 under tax earnings. Go to recognition of previously unrecognized temporary differences. Tell me exactly what that means. That quarter, (18,286,000). That cumulative year (72,540,000). Go ahead, I'm waiting.

While you are doing that, try explaining to me how a company that makes (304,811,000) in profit before tax only pays (16,141,000) in taxes. That is like paying 5% tax, no?

Isn't the tax rate 24%? They should be paying 73 million in tax, after minusing the 14 million allowable, tax should still be around 59 million to pay.

Explain me that.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-12 22:47 | Report Abuse

Un-absorbed capital allowances, not underutilized tax losses, two completely different things.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-12 23:21 | Report Abuse

Completely different things with the exact same application and purpose, to reduce the amount of taxable income to be paid to government.

LGE says no more.

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 2 ― Business entities are allowed to carry forward unabsorbed losses and unutilised capital allowances in a year of assessment for a maximum period of seven years of assessment, said Minister of Finance Lim Guan Eng.

So now the question with you unutilized capital allowance has a time limit. When does the music end for time dotcom? When does this 7 year reflection end.

Or you believe, they can continue to pay 5% tax forever?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-13 00:42 | Report Abuse

An unutilised capital allowance is created each year when they buy PPE, and used each year when they are profitable. This means the probabilities of it being older than 7 years is more like zero.

Now if it was, it would have been charged out AT the fourth quarter. Before the fourth quarter results is released, the auditors will have already been auditing the company for 1-2 months, and ensure everything is materially accurate by the last quarter.

Why? Because the fourth quarter results is not supposed to have a more than 10% difference with the audited results. If it were, you will see a bursa and sc query on variance of result and potential admonishment.

Very embarrassing for the auditor.

Now this item, is a standard checklist item when the audit is performed before the fourth quarter. Especially since there is such a loud announcement by the government.

Now there is a very small chance, that the entire unutilised capital allowance is more than 7 years old, and KPMG actually failed to notice it. In which case , we would see, potentially, 300 million adjustment in the audited accounts.

Which well, would be an absolute sight to behold.

Do note, im an ex-auditor.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-13 01:05 | Report Abuse

Friend capital allowances and tax losses can only be carried forward 8 yrs only...based on new PH budget loh...!!

Heavy capex no good loh....high risk if gestation is long mah...!!

Posted by Choivo Capital > Mar 13, 2019 12:42 AM | Report Abuse

An unutilised capital allowance is created each year when they buy PPE, and used each year when they are profitable. This means the probabilities of it being older than 7 years is more like zero.

Now if it was, it would have been charged out AT the fourth quarter. Before the fourth quarter results is released, the auditors will have already been auditing the company for 1-2 months, and ensure everything is materially accurate by the last quarter.

Why? Because the fourth quarter results is not supposed to have a more than 10% difference with the audited results. If it were, you will see a bursa and sc query on variance of result and potential admonishment.

Very embarrassing for the auditor.

Now this item, is a standard checklist item when the audit is performed before the fourth quarter. Especially since there is such a loud announcement by the government.

Now there is a very small chance, that the entire unutilised capital allowance is more than 7 years old, and KPMG actually failed to notice it. In which case , we would see, potentially, 300 million adjustment in the audited accounts.

Which well, would be an absolute sight to behold.

Do note, im an ex-auditor.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-13 01:30 | Report Abuse

Raider look how much allowance they use per year versus the amount of the Recognised deferred tax in relation to ppe.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-13 06:33 | Report Abuse

Up to you to believe whatever you wish. I see no such thing in all my other profitable companies (which have never registered a loss) like TOPGLOV, YINSON, PCHEM, QL. Their ppe capital expenditure dwarfs TIME any day every year. And yet I see no such capital allowance at all. The only ones I see are from turnaround companies that have made huge losses before and carried out forward to their profitable years to rationalize their investments.(LGE says hi.)

Very simple question.

What capital expenditure did they do in 2018(or 7 years in), which would allow them to do temporary difference of (72,540,000) ?

You build a fiber network. This is usually 14% if it was depreciation. So in this case you think the ppe is for what item? And it was done this year? Try thinking business sense. What exact unutilised capital allowance are we doing here. Family mart? Fpso ship conversion? New glove production lines? New urea plant?

This is why I like to keep my investments easy and simple to understand.

All I need to know is, if TIME continues to be profitable next year, will they be able to claim temporary differences of 72 million tax expense reduction every year forever? In which case this is no longer temporary, but permanent.

So if you think they can continue to waive off 72 million every year ( LGE says no) without any changes upcoming, on a growing profit before tax of 300 million. For the next 5-10 years?

Then you should buy. Buy much much more. Put all your investments into this one stock.

Because the government is bankrolling TIME over my other companies QL, TOPGLOV, PCHEM and YINSON. Which all seem to have to pay 24% tax, despite record capital investments.

>>>>>>>

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-13 09:41 | Report Abuse

Yes Phillip,

Let me put it this way, since 2009 when Afzal took over, the company has made a lot more than one billion in profit. Whatever the old allowances they are is already used.

Now, you are right that it is not common for a company to have such large capital allowances. However there are a few things you need to be aware off.

From an audit perspective, one of the things that auditors do when auditing a PLC. Is that they will give the tax and deferred tax computations to the tax director to have a quick look and ensure its materially accurate.

What i'm pointing out here is that the figures in Q4 are likely to be materially correct.

Th question now is that is there such a large capital allowances, which relate to recent years?

My guess is, the company depreciates the majority of their telecommunications assets such as fibre lines etc, over the life of the asset, which can be as long as 20 years, or 5%

But when it comes to capital allowances, its classification may require say 14% for initial capital allowance, and 10% subsequently.

If you were to have alot of capex over the last 10 years (which they did) there will be naturally be a mismatch this large, as it does not just relate to the current year purchases, but the mismatch in capital allowance compared to depreciation for assets bought in the last 10 years as well.

There is new unutilised capital allowance every year for asset bought previously. Remember, 10% capital allowance for every subsequent year, while depreciation is at 5%.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-13 11:34 | Report Abuse

Your guess is wrong, because it is clouded not by facts, but because you want it to work out.

Don't guess, find out exactly where it is coming from.

Don't confuse depreciation with capital allowance. Big, huge, difference.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-13 11:35 | Report Abuse

Phillip,

I am an ex-auditor.

I have done or checked the deferred tax computations for hundreds of companies, many of them PLC's. Both foreign and local.

I know what i'm talking about.

James Ng

2,678 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2019-03-23 11:52 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/199272.jsp
[转贴] [Facebook live:浅谈Time Dotcom bhd (TimeCom)] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

KKKS

63 posts

Posted by KKKS > 2019-03-28 12:04 | Report Abuse

If the director is disposing their shares what does it tell you... RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Posted by factorrumour > 2019-05-04 15:44 | Report Abuse

Even though they have niche, small and focused market share, their customer service level is very poor, i saw in fb comment people trying to call their customer service hotline but nobody answered, direct pm them on their fb page only get slow and muted responses, they have to keep commenting on its public posts to get attention, even i experience the same issue, though its not happening so often, but they sure are taking their sweet time in customer service and resolving internet down issue, in today's world internet is up 24/7, but their employees are not working 24/7, clearly they have shortage in manpower, like this how to grow? Luckily now still have maxis/celcom/digi mobile network to compensate

alivetoinvest

1,197 posts

Posted by alivetoinvest > 2019-05-24 16:30 | Report Abuse

Kind of expected that choivo capital is rubbish lol

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2019-05-24 17:19 | Report Abuse

wah wah wah

here comes the ego CHOIVO

want show off his auditor work experiences

KKKS

63 posts

Posted by KKKS > 2019-05-24 18:10 | Report Abuse

Waiting for TNB to launch broadband.... Lets see their growth then...

ezx7

56 posts

Posted by ezx7 > 2019-05-28 22:08 | Report Abuse

Sudden drop

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-08-01 12:02 | Report Abuse

Btw, to an extent Phillip is right, though for the wrong reasons (he thought the allowances were going to expire). Haha

I expect next Q to be lower due to taxes. Due to unrecognized capital allowance being finished this quarter. Next quarter onward, tax should go back up to ~ 23%.

prince4

1,456 posts

Posted by prince4 > 2019-08-15 09:48 | Report Abuse

US-CHINA Trade War market uncertain, local and foreign funds money would not flow in big cap and mid cap stock because everybody scare buy high losses money . In this few month expect Funds manager money would flow out in bigcap and midcap stocks and will short selling midcap stocks for make money so now no prospects cannot buy and hold .
TOP volume all low prices stocks.This is a opportunity ,markets money now flows in cheaper stocks. sharks now start goreng lows price stock at bottom..

Outliar

302 posts

Posted by Outliar > 2019-08-27 22:19 | Report Abuse

Highest Revenue, NP, 5G not coming anytime soon, sounds like a Philip investment to me

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-08-28 09:38 | Report Abuse

Im surpised taxes didnt go up this q. Im fairly certain their unrecognized allowances are finished. Hmm oh well. Growth was higher than expected. Interesting.

Sslee

4,669 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-08-30 08:47 | Report Abuse

Dear Choivo Capital,
Your wonderful Timecom is doing well compare to Philip’s Pchem.
May I ask how will below National connectivity plan affect Timecome?
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/08/28/gobind-rm21.6b-national-connectivity-plan-to-provide-equal-internet-access/1785009
Gobind: RM21.6b national connectivity plan to provide equal internet access to urban, rural areas

Thank you

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-08-30 11:31 | Report Abuse

Dear SSlee,

No idea. Too little details.

Hafid

1,130 posts

Posted by Hafid > 2019-09-11 07:39 | Report Abuse

the new goverment do not know or differentitate what shall be belong to goverment and what shall be own by the private sector. If not than the wider coverage, lower price will not reach the targeted.

Hafid

1,130 posts

Posted by Hafid > 2019-09-11 07:40 | Report Abuse

in term of the telecommunications sector.

Hafid

1,130 posts

Posted by Hafid > 2019-09-11 07:42 | Report Abuse

Where to find the detail for the National Fiberisation and Connectivity Plan (NFCP) ? who own the infrastructure? what is the private sector role int he NFCP? My 1st question is where is the fund that collected from the telecommunication companies?

Up_down

4,279 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2019-09-20 10:18 | Report Abuse

No sign of tiring growth. Good quality growth stock for big cap.

fosther

161 posts

Posted by fosther > 2019-09-20 14:15 | Report Abuse

Budget 2020: IDEAS proposes gradual GLC stake divestment by government
KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 19): The Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) has today proposed a review of Malaysian government-linked companies (GLCs) to form the basis of a divestment strategy, under which the government targets a gradual disposal of its shareholdings in GLCs to 10% of these companies' total market capitalisation by 2030.
IDEAS research director Laurence Todd said this today in light of the government’s high shareholding in publicly-listed companies, at over 40% of total market capitalisation with majority stakes in over 70 entities.
“This high government presence creates concerns over competition and the lack of liquidity in Malaysia’s capital markets. We believe that the time has come to transition from this model,” Todd said today at IDEAS' public forum ahead of Malaysia's Budget 2020 announcement on Oct 11 this year.
Today, IDEAS' Budget 2020 proposals include a new living wage tax credit, under which employers are incentivised, but not required, to increase wages up to a new monthly living wage of RM2,500 per employee.
To ensure that employees can share in the wealth of the country, IDEAS said the government could use the establishment of an employee equity scheme (EES).
Under this scheme, employers will be incentivised to allocate shares to employees, who will be encouraged to hold on to these assets rather than sell them for easy cash.
“We propose both these policies to be introduced in the forthcoming budget and recommend they be paid for through rationalisation of existing investment incentives,” said Todd.
On a broader scale, IDEAS, in recognising the government's effort to reduce its budget deficit, said the government in the longer term, should introduce a capital gains tax at an initial rate of 5% with a tax-free allowance of RM50,000.
“The government should launch a consultation on the introduction of this new tax in Budget 2020,” he said.

Posted by DreamKentut > 2019-09-22 15:13 | Report Abuse

The 802.11ax amendment will bring several key improvements over 802.11ac. 802.11ax addresses frequency bands between 1 GHz and 5 GHz.[7] Therefore, unlike 802.11ac, 802.11ax will also operate in the unlicensed 2.4 GHz band.

James Ng

2,678 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2019-10-17 19:09 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/230701.jsp
[转贴] [Facebook live video:浅谈Time Dotcom bhd (TimeCom)] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

Posted by zakaria444 > 2019-10-31 12:04 | Report Abuse

TIME dotCom Bhd’s net profit jumped 42% to RM92.5 million for the second financial quarter ended June 30, 2019, from RM64.94 million in the previous year’s corresponding quarter.

The group’s quarterly revenue grew 16% to RM277.82 million from RM239.85 million a year earlier, which was attributed to higher sales across all core product segments.

“All core customer groups also contributed to overall revenue growth, led by wholesale and retail customers,” said TIME in a statement.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-11-29 14:22 | Report Abuse

OK, im now a little confused. I figured their unrecognized allowances should be fully recognized, by now and tax expense should start to increase. However, i'm not seeing this. Interesting.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-11-29 14:27 | Report Abuse

Im guessing that the unrecognized tax losses can be used.

in which case, TIME will not need to pay tax for another year.

Post a Comment