TIME DOTCOM BHD

KLSE (MYR): TIMECOM (5031)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

5.11 - 5.23

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

993 comment(s). Last comment by x3nett 14 hours ago

Yael Jasper

2,178 posts

Posted by Yael Jasper > 2018-04-11 16:37 | Report Abuse

hahaha!

George NG

64 posts

Posted by George NG > 2018-04-18 11:03 | Report Abuse

epf keep selling

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-04-25 09:50 | Report Abuse

Haha. Alright. Good luck with your ventures. Im staying in :)

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-05-01 15:01 | Report Abuse

Just finished the annual report, fairly happy with the results. Mostly in line with my expectations.

I should probably study the data center business more, as it appears quite lucrative. The wholesale data drop, is not very good. But i can see how OTT players would want their own lines. The rise in retail is in line with my expectation.

All in all, quite happy with the results. But allow me to state, the company is at fair value. This is a wonderful company at a fair price. It is not cheap. They are alot of companies that are very cheap in bursa now.

Size your investment with that in mind.

Posted by yikwei91 > 2018-05-01 17:55 | Report Abuse

Just went to have a quick look at their facebook page, more than 80% of the post is complaining about their service especially customer support and not-up-to-par as per advertised bandwidth. Isn't that worrying?

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-05-01 20:38 | Report Abuse

Bad customer service is normal for a fast expanding co. But they appear to still be on top of it.

I think the increased complaints is due to the retail division increasing by 85% last year. So they should have at least 85% more complaints. Especially given the speed with which they are expanding.

I imagine it will be difficult to land a installation appointment.

As long as they are striving to be better, im ok with it.

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2018-05-02 01:23 | Report Abuse

this telco is only making profit on their shares not by their telco bisness, the CEO, Afzal is always seen on Annoucement to boost up the shares. He was CEO that never care about the staff but only on profit only, now the company devided into chines workers seat on mgt, while malays on coorworkers or working level. No prospect for malays to work there now bcoz is racist company now although Afzal got it from Khazanah during UEM disposes their to public. Very sad now the company can be charge name to Time Lot Com in chines pronounce. I was former staff before they offer me MSS without any other choise to stay. Very sad...

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2018-05-02 01:34 | Report Abuse

by the way Timecom or Timedotcom internet hub for international seated in Singapore (Singtel or Starhub) they more focus to profit the Siangaporean then Malaysian and most of their local SDH and Server are located in parking lot in building basement with unproper arrangement on fibre optical included Fibre to the drain that's was their service always down. Haw Par building at level 2 parking lot is the worse comment room for the server.

Posted by blitzrig > 2018-05-09 16:48 | Report Abuse

sour grape. this is fundamental investor forum not an individual emotional shoulder to cry on....

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-05-10 05:37 | Report Abuse

I'm fine with it. Even if he just come here complain, should have some truth. If your investment is good, no need to worry.

I studied more about what he said, and i dont see a problem.

Posted by foreverchung > 2018-05-12 02:54 | Report Abuse

@yikwei91 To be honest, I'm pretty sure TM's comments / reviews are far worst in terms of percentage / ratio compared to Timecom. And I for one believe, Facebook is one of the places where customers lash out if their requests / expectations not met.

I am one proud user of Timecom. Their internet service (KL Area, Penang Area) on high-rise has been a breeze. Low Ping, No packet loss. I've been using their service since 2012 in 6 different locations, and their service only went down 3 times IN TOTAL. During their downtime, customer service was quick to resolve it, technical only went offline for less than 1 day. Payments has been a quick and easy too.

So I don't get what is the fuss about their 'bad reviews'. I can tell you that even after 8 months in a old condo (where there's TM/Maxis/Celcom), people still have to wait for their internet application cuz their ports are FULL. New condo where I am staying need to wait 3 months cuz the port is FULL. That tells you alot about the company's recurring income.

Whereas if you look at the fundamentals, their recurring income has been growing healthily, that's only taking into account no surpluses from other segment like AIMS and Undersea cable networks. I for one, trust that this company has far better future ahead.

Posted by foreverchung > 2018-05-12 02:56 | Report Abuse

On top of that, now that the government has changed, there is a good chance Timecom can expand into landed residential / commercial highrise which was predominantly monopolized by certain parties. Even if only open tender is practiced, I'm very sure that it will open up lots of revenue stream for Timecom too.

Posted by yikwei91 > 2018-05-12 21:54 | Report Abuse

Hi @jon & @foreverchung, thanks for replying! I have been eyeing Time as well. Unfortunately due to my small limited funds, I'm awaiting for a big dip. Hopefully I get to pick up on the coming week. Another question for @jon would be, what makes you says 5g is less impactful than you thought (I remember seeing you mentioned in your blog or something before).

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-05-14 12:30 | Report Abuse

Hey, yikwei91

"The real risk to TIMECOM is that people may decide to only go with one internet connection and in this case wireless is better as it is more convenient.

The problem is that given the growth in usage of data, especially if Malaysians start streaming, wireless spectrums just can’t support that kind of usage unless 5G is used.

However, Malaysia have not even implemented 4.5G, and right now 5G is still a pipe dream even for the developed countries, where even the current standards of definitions of 5G is still under debate.

In addition, there is the technological aspect, 5G spectrums is generally very short range and requires a direct contact tower to tower with no obstructions from trees buildings etc. This would require an incredibly large amount of towers.

In addition, these towers still need to be connected to a fibre network. If 5G were to actually take off, it would require a much denser fibre optic network, and this, would be in more ways than one, very beneficial to TIME’s wholesale division."

Correct me if im wrong.

singgang

74 posts

Posted by singgang > 2018-05-31 15:54 | Report Abuse

Quater result out?

jibbie

762 posts

Posted by jibbie > 2018-05-31 15:57 | Report Abuse

must be bad. some insiders probably known earlier and dumped their shares

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-31 16:17 | Report Abuse

Insider eat meat outsider eat dust
Insider run away outsider die die

Should be very bad, sigh..........

If really want to check, SC should be able to get these people, but SC never do their jobs, rubbish SC

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-05-31 18:13 | Report Abuse

Fairly decent set of results.

Quite happy.

Posted by foreverchung > 2018-05-31 18:46 | Report Abuse

Ain't bad at all. It will just keep rising especially if this revenue is brought about by recurring income.

USApg

783 posts

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-20 19:12 | Report Abuse

New low cost package.

Sell 50mb speed for RM120, compared to 100mb for 149. Seems ok.

godhand

1,885 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-06-23 10:14 | Report Abuse

chance to drop to 6 maybe 5. haha

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2018-06-23 11:24 | Report Abuse

yeah clearly overvalued

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2018-06-25 08:25 | Report Abuse

yup, definitely overvalued. Time doesn't deserve their current PE multiple. It should be trading at a PE of 15 and below. The reduction of broadband prices will hurt them badly. I will only consider this at RM 4 and below.

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2018-06-26 15:25 | Report Abuse

the average internet user won't need 100mbps, let alone 200mbps. what they want is cheaper packages.

Time's earnings would be affected by the new ruling and the PE would surge even higher.

jasonor

1,004 posts

Posted by jasonor > 2018-06-26 15:35 | Report Abuse

100 mbps or 200mbps not hv much difference if you just surf facebook, instagram, youtube. they need to create lower speed with lower price package for these casual users.

omgimnoob

514 posts

Posted by omgimnoob > 2018-06-26 15:37 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha nowadays investors are so smart!

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-26 17:29 | Report Abuse

You have clearly never used a 100mb+ line before.

===========================================================================
PiddleMinger the average internet user won't need 100mbps, let alone 200mbps. what they want is cheaper packages.

Time's earnings would be affected by the new ruling and the PE would surge even higher.
26/06/2018 15:25

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-26 17:53 | Report Abuse

You think the average internet user is some makcik who dont know how to youtube?

Even my parents now start to netflix and youtube. 1080p movies need 8mb to 12 mb per second. 4k needs 45-80mb per second.

And if its a family, even more. Not even count torrent.

This is one of those scenarios where the demand will grow to fill the supply. Imagine those people who keep terabytes of data in the cloud.

Yeah, would suck if the price of the stock drops. Its 26% of my portfolio. But that would also present an invaluable chance to buy more.

Im waiting for RM6.

When MCMC wanted to implement Mandatory Standard on Access Pricing (MSAP), it was TM who complained, not timecom.

Double the speed? Timecom is 10 times the speed of TM at the same price.

Using Pakatan Manifesto, double the speed at half the price. Assume TM force to ikut bulat bulat, that is 20MB at RM75 (Cheapest TM plan now 10MB, RM149). That means, 100MB at RM375!

Timecom is 60% cheaper already, compared to TM. Even when compare to TM most expensive plan, 100MB, RM329. Timecom is still 55% cheaper.

The sheer cheapness of Timecom's service means, they wont be affected. That's margin of safety for you.

Best product for the lowest price.

======================================================================
Posted by PiddleMinger > Jun 26, 2018 03:25 PM | Report Abuse

the average internet user won't need 100mbps, let alone 200mbps. what they want is cheaper packages.

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2018-06-26 18:16 | Report Abuse

yes, captain obvious. Time's package is definitely the cheapest when you compare price per mbps. But dont u think many would subscribe to TM if they offer a low price package eg RM 75 for 20mbps?

The average user would use the internet for surfing, fb and maybe some youtube. Not for HD streaming, gaming, etc. And you've not considered the competition from other telcos. Time is not cheap currently. I'll be keeping this in my watchlist.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-26 18:57 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/PilosopoCapital/142735.jsp

I did, a long time ago. Unlike you, i do my research properly.

If i sell wagyu beef for RM20, sure alot will want also lah. Problem is, can TM afford to? Their margin only 7.7%.

If you can afford to stay in a condo that have TIMECOM, am i going to stinge on the internet, when i can have 5 times the speed at just double the price?

How about you try using 100mb per sec for a week, and then try to go back to TM. :)

In addition, its not a matter of if you want to buy TIME, its if TIME wants to sell to you. They go where the demand for their product is the highest, ie condo's.

You need to request for your area to have TIME, and if the request is high enough, only they will connect. That's how high the demand is.

==============================================================================================================
PiddleMinger yes, captain obvious. Time's package is definitely the cheapest when you compare price per mbps. But dont u think many would subscribe to TM if they offer a low price package eg RM 75 for 20mbps?

The average user would use the internet for surfing, fb and maybe some youtube. Not for HD streaming, gaming, etc. And you've not considered the competition from other telcos. Time is not cheap currently. I'll be keeping this in my watchlist.
26/06/2018 18:16

1,795 posts

Posted by 4444 > 2018-06-27 04:35 | Report Abuse

BN kalah, many ctrs suffer.

signalmw

3,314 posts

Posted by signalmw > 2018-06-28 10:12 | Report Abuse

why time com not drop like TM. also a broadbamd provider

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2018-06-28 10:14 | Report Abuse

EPF cornered this stock,otherwise worth around 5

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2018-06-28 11:05 | Report Abuse

Epf are the masters of buying high, sell low.
But they've the means to buy back even lower. Wouldn't be too concerned what epf is doing. TM looks like a bargain compared to Time.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-28 18:41 | Report Abuse

Its easy to say that with derision. But if that were true, they would have given negative dividends by now, that is clearly not the case.

In addition, do note that EPF also lets other run parts of its funds. So its not necessarily purchased by EPF per say.

PiddleMinger Epf are the masters of buying high, sell low.
But they've the means to buy back even lower. Wouldn't be too concerned what epf is doing. TM looks like a bargain compared to Time.
28/06/2018 11:05

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-28 18:42 | Report Abuse

I think its worth about 9 today, but 10 by the mid of next year. Given its highly resilient growth, moat and strong demand.

apolloang EPF cornered this stock,otherwise worth around 5
28/06/2018 10:14

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2018-06-28 18:52 | Report Abuse

9 or 10 u sendiri beli,me will avoid this stock cos overvalued

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-29 12:43 | Report Abuse

What's your thesis for that?

apolloang 9 or 10 u sendiri beli,me will avoid this stock cos overvalued
28/06/2018 18:52

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2018-07-06 19:36 | Report Abuse

@Jon, TM looks interesting now

KKKS

63 posts

Posted by KKKS > 2018-07-06 20:10 | Report Abuse

As you can see EPF & KWAP has been acquiring earlier and disposing lately.. From the Annual Report, khazanah directly owns 11% of the company and indirectly-30%(i could be wrong)... Since TM will drop their broadband price further and how would TDC able to react?.. Long term will they willing to drop their 100Mbps package below RM100? And furthermore MCMC is in the picture to regulate further on the infra regulation? who knows...That is the question..

KKKS

63 posts

Posted by KKKS > 2018-07-06 20:13 | Report Abuse

If there is a change in khazanah direction. Will TDC have the same impact?

Posted by PanjiAlam55 > 2018-07-06 21:34 | Report Abuse

TDC will kaput looo

KKKS

63 posts

Posted by KKKS > 2018-07-06 21:44 | Report Abuse

wah jialat.. I run this time..for once

jibbie

762 posts

Posted by jibbie > 2018-07-09 16:39 | Report Abuse

interesting articles jon. time not bad. epf disposing but price still steady.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-10 16:18 | Report Abuse

My cost is 9.3 haha.

I cant buy, as the size in my portfolio is quite large, and i think they are better investments around, but im keeping a very close eye

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2018-07-12 16:30 | Report Abuse

Unifi's plans are now cheaper than Time for the same speed. Time is overvalued at this price

Outliar

302 posts

Posted by Outliar > 2018-07-12 16:32 | Report Abuse

Which plan are you referring to? RM79 for 60GB?

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2018-07-12 17:30 | Report Abuse

Unifi plans have been upgraded. 30Mbps upgraded to 300 Mbps, those 20 Mbps&below upgraded to 100 Mbps.

Post a Comment