MALAYSIA STEEL WORKS (KL)BHD

KLSE (MYR): MASTEEL (5098)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (1.54%)

Day's Change

0.315 - 0.33

Trading Volume

18 people like this.

14,813 comment(s). Last comment by rizal2020 1 day ago

cccc

167 posts

Posted by cccc > 2018-03-04 13:40 | Report Abuse

Why you guys still arguing here. Steel industry and gas refinery industry not popular anymore. You should move on to paper stocks just like ORNA and Muda.

Who say US tafiff has no impact on local steel industry?

US tariff on steel, aluminium imports will impact Malaysia
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/us-tariff-steel-aluminium-imports-will-impact-malaysia

GGecko

1,937 posts

Posted by GGecko > 2018-03-04 14:17 | Report Abuse

i3 forum used to v fun to go to..but not anymore.. many forumers have used it to hentam each other non stop..sigh..signing off from the forum

Fakbi

1 posts

Posted by Fakbi > 2018-03-04 14:21 | Report Abuse

Leave

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-03-04 14:21 | Report Abuse

not really, is funny in a sens you are watchin comedy shows.

Posted by kingholllland > 2018-03-04 14:24 | Report Abuse

Ya, it is a zoo here, kakakakaka jia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperBest

232 posts

Posted by SuperBest > 2018-03-04 17:06 | Report Abuse

GGecko i3 forum used to v fun to go to..but not anymore.. many forumers have used it to hentam each other non stop..sigh..signing off from the forum

Its the sign of time...... when majority of players are losing money like now, they come here to vent out their frustration on others....blaming, condemning and hentam others for their losses. Its human nature.

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2018-03-04 19:03 | Report Abuse

Read kyy blog on Friday 2/3/18 and have a better understanding about steel stocks performance.Is MASTEEL heading upwards or downwards in the coming future ahead ?
Very good article share by kyy. Thnk You sir !

riko

2,727 posts

Posted by riko > 2018-03-04 19:19 | Report Abuse

not for those sohai and cant read mandarin.
tomorrow up also do not know what happen.
http://www.enanyang.my/news/20180304/【独家】钢铁出口美少于1-br-马业者影响料不大/

Posted by longkanginvestor > 2018-03-04 19:49 | Report Abuse

Game over

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-04 20:32 | Report Abuse

Before we argue further on how the recent tariff on steel and aluminium going to impact Malaysia greatly in the future as we may not see in now or the near future (one or two months). One thing is certain is that anything ends with the word war is never good. We have world war, price war, drug war, cold war and so on. Have any of those wars end up good?.

Friday, Dow Jones rebounded from the low of 24,217 to end at 24,538 points. That was a 320 points rebound. The reason behind was traders were expecting Trump going to U-Turn his earlier decision which meant the tariff is not going to happen. However it turned out the other way round. Trump has escalated his trade war rhetoric.

On Friday Trump initiated the Retaliatory Tax which means he is going to retaliate what America's trading partners going to do. The following is what he tweeted on Friday.

" When a country Taxes our products coming in at, say, 50%, and we Tax the same product
coming into our country at ZERO, not fair or smart. We will soon be starting RECIPROCAL
TAXES so that we will charge the same thing as they charge us. $800 Billion Trade Deficit-have
no choice! "

EU President Jean-Claude Juncker responded with the following.

"Europe will react to the proposed U.S. steel action with tariffs on motorcycles (Harley-Davidson), bourbon whiskey and blue jeans." - Juncker

On Saturday, Trump has fired another shot across the bow by proposing to their their cars..

" If the E.U. wants to further increase their already massive tariffs and barriers on U.S. companies
doing business there, we will simply apply a Tax on their Cars which freely pour into the U.S.
They make it impossible for our cars (and more) to sell there. Big trade imbalance! "

That means Trump has advanced his trade war plan. When America starts to put tariffs into it's import it is initiating Protectionism. In global trade "Protectionism" means a restriction of free trade. This would end up every country going to put up fences against each other. Prices of goods is going to increase and inflation is going out of control. Another point is that world trade is going to slow down tremendously and what happens next? Factories going to export less because every country is going to buy less from others. Eventually unemployment will increase and growth is slowing. This end result will be a stagnant global economy or also known as stagflation.

Thus the consequences of all these will be high inflation and economic stagnation. So how good will it be for all the countries in the world? A good semblance of what is going to happen next when countries reciprocating in trade wars is by looking at President Bush's 30% steel tariffs in March 5th 2002. The S & P 500 plunge 30% afterwards. The United States backed down and withdrew the tariffs on December 4, 2003.

Thus i am not surprise if the Dow is going to plunge another 1000 to 2000 points next week if Trump impose the tariff next week.

Posted by Investsmartly > 2018-03-04 20:34 | Report Abuse

@otb please stop with your "miss universe stock" quote. You have failed twice in a row namely hengyuan and masteel. Whenever a stock price surges, you come and giving all sort of target prices etc and suddenly becomes your number one stock pick.
When the result out and if you're damn confident that the company is good, you should continue to suggest buying and not asking to hold or cut.
Before result out, strongly recommend buy.
Poor result out, no comment. When you talk about how high your portfolio has made in the past, please remember to include your failed stock picks as well.
Masteel 1.4 you recommend to buy
Your entry price is low, but you're God damn selfish to view only from your perspective.

Posted by Babihutan88 > 2018-03-04 21:17 | Report Abuse

DJIa drop tomoro yeah

riko

2,727 posts

Posted by riko > 2018-03-04 22:15 | Report Abuse

11 hours to go.... all run.... no matter how... all counters will drop to 0.005 tomorrow ... just because of trade war.

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2018-03-04 22:28 | Report Abuse

http://www.enanyang.my/news/20180304/【独家】钢铁出口美少于1-br-马业者影响料不大/

http://seaisi.org/seaisi2017/file/file/full-paper/Malaysia%20Country%20Report.pdf
USA 2% (negligible 2016)

US trade remedies are credit negative but manageable for Asian steel-makers
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/03/02/us-trade-remedies-are-credit-negative-but-manageable-for-asian-steel-makers/#I7D6zS0FVowW37xo.99

“The impact for us can be nothing but positive because higher steel prices are good for us,” Chief Financial Officer Marion Britton said in a phone interview, adding that Mississauga, Ontario-based Russel has operations in both Canada and the U.S. and does very little cross-border trade. “We are not impacted like a Canadian steel mill because we don’t ship anything to the U.S.,” she said.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-02/this-canadian-steel-company-is-giving-trump-tariffs-thumbs-up

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-03-04 22:30 | Report Abuse

trump really trouble maker, EU and China should teach trump a hard lesson

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2018-03-04 22:41 | Report Abuse

Many are dying and trapped in the current position in the stocks market financially if the trade wars continued to surmise under Trump administration to impose import tariffs of 15-25% on steel and aluminium under the disguised of America trade protectionism among the world trade business partnership's to solely benefits their country first b4 others fairly .

Trade with more cautious to prevent excessive lost financially. Thnk You !

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2018-03-04 22:48 | Report Abuse

China the world largest steel manufacturer's are coming up with response and retaliation towards the US and many other countries will follow suits to back down the US trade policy seems as protectionist.

spectre007

1,408 posts

Posted by spectre007 > 2018-03-04 23:30 | Report Abuse

In 2018, the global demand of steel is expected to moderately increase over the levels of 2017.
Steel prices are expected to remain at 2017 levels underscored by the increase of prices of many consumables that are used for steel making. The higher steel prices are also caused by supply side restrictions arising from capacity cut backs, environmental regulations and weather induced interruptions.

Locally, the new steel supply due to the coming on stream of China owned Steel Mill in Kuantan,
will gradually increase the supply of wire rods and steel bars in the local markets. The effects of the new supply on the Company's performance will largely be driven by the rate of commercialization of the steel output of the new entrant, percentage of its steel exported and the
pace of roll out of the many infrastructure projects particularly in the public transport sector.

cooling

1,676 posts

Posted by cooling > 2018-03-04 23:31 | Report Abuse

tomoro OTB sell all masteel to cpteh and followers kekeke

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2018-03-04 23:51 | Report Abuse

South Korea's Steel Exports
USA 12%
https://www.trade.gov/steel/countries/pdfs/2016/annual/exports-korea.pdf

The stock price of Korea Steel Shapes Co Ltd fell only 2.11% on Friday.
https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/007280:KS

Malaysian steel stocks overreacted on Friday.

cooling

1,676 posts

Posted by cooling > 2018-03-04 23:53 | Report Abuse

hstha must be trapped at high price hahahahha...too bad

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2018-03-04 23:55 | Report Abuse

I bought the stock on Friday.

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2018-03-05 00:02 | Report Abuse

A trade war has not started yet. If EU imposes tariffs on something, it may start in the future. But it is likely to be avoided.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-03-05 01:02 | Report Abuse

if you look at that cnbc link, u will see that china say i dont want trade war BUT u look at the BUT, it will defend its interest. so what it means, it means it will RETALIATE.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-03-05 01:03 | Report Abuse

so when too much retaliations going on, u know what will happen

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-05 05:31 | Report Abuse

In view of the recent run up in stock prices of steel companies around the theme of "steel play". I reckon it went too far (as far as the moon) due to the overly bullish expectation by investors. Investors are expecting sky high financial performance by these companies. But mostly reported only normalized financial results and below expectations.This has created an unsustainable situation where some smart investors started cashing out. Consequently this has resulted in a negative feedback loop where selling begets selling.

The problem has been magnified by the recent announcement of tariff imposition on steel and aluminium by Trump. As a result many investors are trapped in higher prices and cutting losses is not the option any more as losses mount. However another point of argument is that due to the recent announcement by Trump prices for rebar steel has in fact went up. Hence it provided hope for investors to hold long term. Unfortunately from past experiences all tariff hike fails. What makes you think it will be successful this time?

If you look deeper into the problem when America slap a 25% tariff on imported steel, where will the excess steel going to go? China is known to "dump" products that are oversupply into the market regardless of price. What they want is to create employment so as not to create discontent among its people.Another reason is because most large steel manufacturers are owned by the CCP or Chinese Communist Party. They are not going to stay put and keep quiet. How about Korea, Japan and Taiwan whose share in the American steel import are 10%, 5% and 4% respectively? Are they going to keep quiet and move the excess production into inventory? What i can say is that it will come a time where these Asian exporters will 1) impose similar retaliatory measures and 2) dump their excess production into the open market which will create an oversupply situation in the short term. This is because every country wants to protect their labor employment market.

Thus in view of the above uncertainty and the coming market rationalization (investors coming to their senses) i am not surprise to see our steel counters in Bursa getting whack this week when market perception turns from bullish to cautiously bullish. Hence, stock prices will soon have to come back down to earth. In my view for this week the following possibility might play out for the selected steel counters.

1) AnnJoo Target Price RM 3.30
2) Masteel Target Price RM 0.97
3) SSteel Target Price RM 1.86

This is strictly my personal opinion and not a recommendation to buy or sell.

Happy Trading.

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:42 | Report Abuse

Otb if you think that gamuda-we is your miss universe them you should only share it to your subscriber since they pay rm 1000 for you. You always say that this is a small fees, but small or not solely depends on your performance, at least for now the rm 1000 is very expensive losses. And some more now they suppose to have the opportunity first to purchase gamuda-we by today but since you already announce what you promoted to buy in i3 so i suggest u to give back all the fees they paid to u since most of the people in i3 can get it free!!

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:45 | Report Abuse

As i said! I repeat! You are sacrificing your existing subscribers just because of your face alone. It is very unfair for those who pay you to get first hand information! Now your info become SO CHEAP anybody can get free!

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:46 | Report Abuse

Please pay back the subscription fees to the subscriber. Since you giving your information out FREE!

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:47 | Report Abuse

I urge those who subcribe with this OTB to claim back the money since now everyone can get the info for free!

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:48 | Report Abuse

Trust me very soon all the email your sending to your subscriber will be updated in the i3 since your LIKE TO GIVE IT OUT FREE!!

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:51 | Report Abuse

You think your subscriber is fool ha. At the same time you inform your subscriber you now change to gamuda we and immediately you inform i3 also.is it fair to youf subscriber? Give it a deep thought... Dont just think of how to defend yourself and say i bad mouth you! Is it fair to your subscriber who pay you what you so called LITTLE MONEY!

bluebiznet

1,179 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-03-05 06:56 | Report Abuse

Yes you are right. I am not your subscriber, but two of my friend is. And they are now very unhappy with your GAMUDA WE recommendation in I3!

cooling

1,676 posts

Posted by cooling > 2018-03-05 07:22 | Report Abuse

later all the retailers will chop each other...at 9am...

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2018-03-05 07:23 | Report Abuse

TP. 1.15 for today.

Posted by Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes > 2018-03-05 07:24 | Report Abuse

tp 1.03

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2018-03-05 08:34 | Report Abuse

Fear feeders want to buy the stock at a ridicously low price. Haha

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2018-03-05 08:41 | Report Abuse

cksam good suggestion by your opinions and well said !

amet2017

3,150 posts

Posted by amet2017 > 2018-03-05 08:53 | Report Abuse

riko punya sarcasm tak boleh tahan..kih kih kih

amet2017

3,150 posts

Posted by amet2017 > 2018-03-05 08:54 | Report Abuse

Semua bercerita bagaikan semua kaunter besi akan muflis hari ini

Masteel

94 posts

Posted by Masteel > 2018-03-05 08:55 | Report Abuse

Feb 28, 2018 06:02 PM | Report Abuse

This year full year Masteel realised a gain of exchange 14 million (due to strengthening in ringgit from RM4.4 to RM4.) and write off inventory of 2 million

Both of this item will not be repeated in 2018.

Scenario 1

PBT 70.9m minus 12m (net of gain and write off) =

Adjusted PBT 58.90m
Less 24% Tax = 14.13m
PAT = 44.76m
EPS = RM0.1048

PE 8 =RM0.84
PE 10 =RM1.04

Scenario 2
PAT Q4'18 12.15m x 4 = RM48.6

EPS = RM0.1138

PE 8 = 0.91
PE 10 = 1.13

It is deemed fully valued.

I cannot understand why overall payable/borrowing was reduced but having higher finance cost than previous year

Debts to Cash ratio : 20m vs 600m (20 times) - as their trade bill involve late interest payment.

Please bear in mind, it is on optimum capacity now.

Favour/Unfavour Risk
1.Steel price increased further.
2.Volatility of RM/USD

I shared my view and calculation.

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2018-03-05 09:00 | Report Abuse

Masteel : Cny ma, give big Ang pao can't me. You think everyone like China man ar.....earn mask pocket.

This year good year must give employees Ang pao and bonus gao gao ma.

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2018-03-05 09:01 | Report Abuse

This year also good for Petro company you know bonus at least 8 months le

jason007

210 posts

Posted by jason007 > 2018-03-05 09:12 | Report Abuse

no matter how the you explain. people just want to sell !

wyc555wyc

159 posts

Posted by wyc555wyc > 2018-03-05 09:13 | Report Abuse

no eye see~ lost RM500+-....

ConMan

146 posts

Posted by ConMan > 2018-03-05 09:15 | Report Abuse

hng33, can't always play contra. Market is not always follow your direction.

flysmart

477 posts

Posted by flysmart > 2018-03-05 09:15 | Report Abuse

more ppl losing money cutting loss now... aiyoyo

Post a Comment
Market Buzz