EVERGREEN FIBREBOARD BHD

KLSE (MYR): EVERGRN (5101)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.39 - 0.40

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

11,529 comment(s). Last comment by Kevin Tam 17 hours ago

Posted by wongchowsang > 2014-09-02 10:31 | Report Abuse

best buy? wait more 10 years? your assumption only stand for future prospect good company, a Company done well did not mean share will up, Rm0.50 stand there for 10 years? count inflation u also loss 99. investor only look for profit, if no profit in the future, why buy share? invest? ROE how much? pay back period how long? we need to consider all these, but for a stock like evergreen with high NTA 1.50, i feel shame with their management, because i know they do not want to push up their share. that all.

LuckyStorm

107 posts

Posted by LuckyStorm > 2014-09-02 10:32 | Report Abuse

evergreen is on recovery or sunset business, i believe the answer will come out after 1 year

Posted by Bepatience > 2014-09-02 11:26 | Report Abuse

stockleaner , luckystorm , your are right ,I belived just wait around 1 years for this counter . Basically , the support line is about this level . don't ever too close to this market , eventually , you will be not patiential for it

Posted by StockLearner > 2014-09-02 11:49 | Report Abuse

To those Evergreen shareholder still sceptical about the future prospect of Evergreen, if you are free, please check through quarterly report of Latitude. It stated clearly in the latest quarterly report that raw material cost is increasing, which means that price for logging, particleboard & MDF board is increasing. Why I said so? These are the raw materials needed for furniture industry.

FYI, Latitude is considered the largest furniture manufacturer among Pohuat, Liihen, eurosp, etc.

Posted by Bepatience > 2014-09-02 11:54 | Report Abuse

This stock has been consolidated over the past 3 years ,viewing from phycology of investor , they don't have such patience, especially other counter like vanachai , Hevea's price are moving 2-3 times . sharehoder definitly felt anxiety at this time , so bottom forming , Right time to BUY..BUY

nbtrend

134 posts

Posted by nbtrend > 2014-09-04 00:24 | Report Abuse

The stock broke its 4-year downtrend line in August and everything looked so promising. Seemed like the stock was set to surge, following the foot steps of Hevea and Mieco. Too bad it was dragged down again by recent poor quarterly results to 0.545. I believe he stock will climb back to 1.00 and above, patient investors may need to wait for 1~2 years.

Feel sad for contra players and those without holding power.

Posted by Lai Y. Keat > 2014-09-05 22:31 | Report Abuse

Game over. Accept fate

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2014-09-06 12:33 | Report Abuse

This is the reply from management. I did not personally write this email but a friend of mine did.

On Thursday, 4 September 2014, 19:13, Mary - EFBHQ <mary@efb.com.my> wrote:
Dear Sir,

Answer to your questions are in blue below.

Regards,
Mary

----- Original Message -----
To: EFB
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2014 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Investor relations: Questions on quarterly report

Hi,
I am one of the investors in EFB. I am very surprising with the recent quarter result just released on 29th Aug 2014.
There are few questions that I hope the management would help to address
1) what is the losses from the log concession? How much is the losses? Any plan to reduce such losses in future. Is this losses going to affect the coming quarter? Is this losses causing the Margin squeeze in this quarter?
The losses as mentioned in our 2Q write up is mainly due to log concessions secured for the group earlier in the years, that were of higher pricing compared to current market prices. The losses was approximately RM15m which has all been taken in fully in the 2Q.

2) what is the machinery upgrade in Malaysia about? Is there a plan to focus on particleboard than mdf? Why is there so often with machinery upgrade than other manufacturer? What is the automaton upgrade about?
The Machinery in Malaysia is on our Particle Board Line which needs to be upgraded due to quality problems and automation is to reduce cost of handling and manpower in our malaysian mills. No we do not have any plans to focus more on particleboard instead of MDF.

3) why thailand need upgrade again? How can we bring up the profit from the thailand factory? Is it still viable to operate in Thailand since the losses keep mounting?
Thailand plant is not an upgrade but major repair due to inadequate supply of heat from their existing boilers which is affecting their productivity. As to make Thailand plants profitable, this is one of the reason we need to do the major repair and yes operating in Thailand is still viable.

4) how is the rubber plantation progress so far?
The progress of our rubber plantation is fine and we have so far planted about 2000 acres of rubber trees moving to the 3rd phase of planting.

5) I would like to understand how much is the mdf gross margin? May I know what grade is the mdf that company is producing?
The current MDF margin is below 20% and if we do not do any upgrade and automation our profit margins might fall further due the rising cost of labor and power in Malaysia. We are producing Standard grade but if we do not do major maintenance and upgrades when needed we will end up producing lower grades and our margins will drop further.

6) could company do some presentation to update the shareholders on the recent progress of company?
Yes we can arrange for this to be done.

Frankly, many shareholders having concern on the company as of now most of the timber or wood related company having better profit margin. While evergreen still in losses. I hope company can really do something that make evergreen to be profitable again.
We sincerely understand shareholders concerns especially with our continued losses in the 2Q. However, we assure you that we are doing what ever we can to turnaround Evergreen in the 3Q 2014. We thank you and sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding to our weak performance shown in the last quarters.

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-09-07 06:22 | Report Abuse

Thank NOBY. Your message is highly appreciated. Otherwise, hanging in the air, not knowing what action to take.

joyceln

38 posts

Posted by joyceln > 2014-09-07 07:54 | Report Abuse

Thanks NOBY for sharing the informartion with us. I have decided to hold my shares until the 3Q performance results is released.

Posted by Bepatience > 2014-09-08 10:30 | Report Abuse

NOBY , Thanks for this information , It make sense why EFB's share price still not moving compare to other like Heave , Vanachai . Howver , hold this share , it will take at least 6 months to see the performance

nbtrend

134 posts

Posted by nbtrend > 2014-09-08 21:14 | Report Abuse

Game is definitely not over for Evergreen but for those without patience and holding power. If you treat this as an investment, RM0.50~RM0.60 is definitely a very low entry price. On the contrary, if you gambled or bet on it to surge in the last two weeks, you are really "GAME OVER".

Posted by wongchowsang > 2014-09-09 11:42 | Report Abuse

now talk what also good, if some people lack of cashflow, they buy RM0.66 then they died lo? why that time RM0.66 no people said run? why now only said? everyday talk same thing, i also know how to talk, this stupid counter if can go up to RM1.00 before November, i potong.

Posted by wongchowsang > 2014-09-09 11:44 | Report Abuse

if want to wait for 1 year better invest other counter you already earn many times liao, those who said want to wait 1 year 2 year people, i dont know what teori u apply. wait 1 year and two year just want to see 0.30 increase? or 20 cents increase? u think it can shoot up to RM2.00? crazy, better throw this counter invest other.

nbtrend

134 posts

Posted by nbtrend > 2014-09-09 14:45 | Report Abuse

All I can say you are not an investor, you are a speculator or trader at best. As mentioned, you are a gambler. Yes, you can sell Evergreen and buy other penny stocks, hope good luck with you.

Posted by Desiree Yeoh > 2014-09-09 14:47 | Report Abuse

Appreciate if you can advise which counter can earn many times within 1 year.

nbtrend

134 posts

Posted by nbtrend > 2014-09-09 15:39 | Report Abuse

I think all of us have different mindset when comes to buying stocks. Some like to speculate or gamble, some take position and a small number are really investors.
I take position and hold for few months~ one year. The last stock I took positions was Perdana Petroleum and its warrant which is expiring soon, took the position six months before bonus issue and another position after bonus issue, both positions took months and brought me huge profits.

For this Evergreen, I take the position because I think it is a laggard out of all the other counters involved in board manufacturing. I suffer a loss too like all of you if I sell it now. But I am confident it will make a comeback soon. Compared to other penny stocks which has not-so-good fundamentals, I prefer sticking to this stock to ride the tide or wave which has just started. I don't touch or speculate those actively trading penny stocks because today it can you thousands but tomorrow it can take thousands or even more from you too. I speculated before but that kind of trading style doesn't suit me at all.

Have a trading plan is critical.

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-09-09 23:48 | Report Abuse

Nbtrend, I am still hold to Evergreen and have same feeling as you that it may come back soon. Most of the Evergreen's investors are in losing position now and they might not to off load the share at the moment as the price for particle and MDF boards are improving. Other same business nature companies's share price have run up significantly except Evergreen. This is because of special provision of losses for log and major maintenance for the plant last quarter. The management must be understood that the situation and next quarter result must be improving significantly.( All negative news had announced and taken care off)

nbtrend

134 posts

Posted by nbtrend > 2014-09-10 08:40 | Report Abuse

tonywong8, yes, agree with you that bad news has been factored in the share price. It's a good sign that Evergreen share price doesn't form a lower low and it is consolidating with diminishing volume after major negative news is out.

The price is still above the 0.515 (May & June) and 0.465 (in January 14). Should the share prices penetrate below these two supporting level after poor results is announced, then we need to worry about it and I will be the first one to accept my loss and sell all the shares I own. But it is not the case, have a look at the long term chart, it is forming a nice base and poised to rise in the near future. What we need is patience, which is one of the attributes of successful investors and traders.

MZRTrade

81 posts

Posted by MZRTrade > 2014-09-20 09:37 | Report Abuse

Best buy. If quarter result ok sure fly to the moon. If not still on bottom.

gonstan90

18 posts

Posted by gonstan90 > 2014-09-20 09:43 |

Post removed.Why?

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-09-20 23:44 | Report Abuse

All furniture manufacturers, Vanachai, Mieco and Hevea are in uptrend (chart wise ) except Evergreen. Can its price continue to stay at present level? ????

Posted by sleepingtiger > 2014-09-30 12:39 | Report Abuse

Price will start to trend higher as it moves nearer towards its next financial result in November anticipating better result.

Posted by wongchowsang > 2014-10-08 11:19 | Report Abuse

evergreen, bye bye, i super cut loss

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-10-27 17:13 | Report Abuse

Particle and MDF boards pricing maintained and cost of raw materials dropped quite significant, hope to see 1st positive quarterly result.

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-10-30 17:12 | Report Abuse

Vanachai, Thailand, another record high today. Hope to spread over to Evergreen this time.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-10-30 22:19 | Report Abuse

The EVERGREEN management had expressed that they will do what is within their means and aim to turnaround in Q3 2014. I am confident that they will deliver the turnaround as they had invested in automating the production eqpt and processes besides spending on maintenance upgrades to deliver consistent quality products. If turnaround in profits happens , this stock will resume its long overdue uptrend and we will not see this price level again.I am fully invested in this IMPENDING TURNAROUND stock.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-10-30 23:04 | Report Abuse

THE BULL IS KILLING OFF THE BEAR
Although there is current uncertainty, gloom and perhaps pockets of doom, the stock market is already looking ahead to a global economic turnaround. Crude oil prices had receded to USD 80/barrel and maybe lower in 2015. This is good for global economic growth overall although the oil exporting countries may not be earning as much as they would have liked with oil prices above USD 100/barrel.

Although the FED had stopped QE, Europe had started to QE aggressively and that means global liquidity is not impacted much. The world will be in a benign interest rate environment for 2015 and that is good for stocks.

The Euro will weaken against USD and this will help the European exporting nations particularly Germany and this augurs well for future turnaround in European economies. European funds will flow out as Euro weakens to say 1.15 or parity with USD and some European funds will invest in emerging market equities.

The USA and maybe Europe will likely embark on infrastructure investment to replace its decaying infrastructure that it currently has. This will be the catalyst to spark a global demand for commodities.

The bull market will kickoff in late November 2014 as ECB decides on aggressive QE and the rally will continue with intermittent correction. What one ought to look out for is any credit tightening measures the FED in USA may take in the future which will have a knock on effect on the rest of the world. I do not see this happening for good part of 2015. Anyway the FED will give ample warnings before doing so.

One should be fully invested in stocks now rather than worry about another possible corrections which had just happened in first two weeks of October 2014.

Posted by sleepingtiger > 2014-10-31 20:28 | Report Abuse

Time to accumulate this share.

Downside limited.
Upside limitless.

Why wait !!!!!

Posted by sleepingtiger > 2014-10-31 20:29 | Report Abuse

Had scooped in loads at below 50 sens

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-10-31 22:28 | Report Abuse

Pick up another 200k last two days, in view of Vanachai big volume and big jump in price. Expected Evergreen to move up higher.

Posted by sleepingtiger > 2014-10-31 22:54 | Report Abuse

Warren Buffet said:

Be fearful when people are greedy.

Be greedy when people are fearful.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-01 07:55 | Report Abuse

Hmmm...hmmm....there is something I also see......a name I see in the far distance.....a name called ...sish.... name not clear....oh yes...can see it now...its called EVERGREEN....wooooooo I like word evergreen...so pleasant...so nice...wooooooo........I am hearing a faint voice now....hmmm...what is it...hmmm......what is it.....the distant voice is telling me.........but can't catch it...hmm what is it???

Oh yes.....the distant voice has just told me........EVERGREEN has finally reversed years of losses.......is now a TURNAROUND STOCK.....YES IS NOW A TURNAROUND STOCK!!!!!. Downside limited.......Upside limitless!!!!!!!!........Price starting to trend higher now as it moves nearer towards its Q3 result in November anticipating better result......woooooooo....EVERGREEN....so evergreen....so pleasant....so nice....so relaxing.....woooooooo...

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-01 12:49 | Report Abuse

I focus on potential "TURNAROUND Malaysian Stocks" that has at least regional presence if not global presence. EVERGREEN is a stock to invest in as its price had bombed out over the past years. So price downside is limited. EVERGREEN Management had aimed to turnaround by Q3 2014. Its Q3 results will be out by end November 2014. Its price had already resumed its uptrend this week. If sustained turnaround materializes, PRICE UPSIDE WILL BE VERY SIGNIFICANT!!

Its biz model had been enhanced significantly over the past years as EVERGREEN Management have
-invested in automation of equipment n improved production processes that cut cost and improve gross margins making it very cost competitive against its regional peers
- invested significantly on maintenance upgrades to ensure production of consistent n high quality products and with its consistent quality and reasonable prices it will get the business
-invested in plantation land to cultivate trees for their raw material feedstock which in future will ensure consistent uninterrupted raw material supply
-despite the losses, the company had churned out good positive operational cash flows

Its biz model is no longer the same as before. It is a much improved and empowered biz model which will empower EVERGREEN to deliver quality products, minimize production downtime thus earning higher profits, higher sales. With this empowered business model it can easily surpass its previous price high.

Please do check out EVERGREEN and please make your own investment decision. I have invested fully around these price levels and I am looking at least doubling or tripling of its current price by end 2015.

andyhard

147 posts

Posted by andyhard > 2014-11-01 14:45 | Report Abuse

Hi Suntze,

Saw you aggressively promoting this Evergreen counter...I understand managment is doing whatever they can do to improve the earnings....Why you so confident that the company can make a turnaounrd

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-01 15:03 | Report Abuse

andyhard,
Management aimed to turnaround by Q3 2014.
EVERGREEN management has vastly improved its biz model which gives it cost efficiency and it can now produce consistent high quality products as opposed to inconsistent quality in the past...the management had transformed its biz model to be more resilient, cost efficient and quality producer and in future it will have steady raw material supply with its investment in plantation land.

It old biz model had been transformed into a new high quality but cost competitive producer which will give it higher gross margins relative to its past margins. You can wait for the Q3 results due in end November 2014 to ascertain whether this is the case if you are not confident.

4u2c

3,553 posts

Posted by 4u2c > 2014-11-01 15:12 | Report Abuse

risk to take.....to invest on this counter u hv to believe ,they can turn around. Lets see upcoming P n L.....im quite sceptical. Risk but rewards are high

andyhard

147 posts

Posted by andyhard > 2014-11-01 15:14 | Report Abuse

Hi Suntze,

I have been a long term investor in EFB. I did email to them as well. Just to understand when you said the biz model has been transformed, you have visited them to see their operation? I did question them on major repair and maintenance and certain time is on equipment upgrade. But , I have no idea how would be their overall operation efficiency. For the past 2 years, MDF industry has been in consolidation due to overcapcity and also weak US economy...

Of cause, as investor, I hope EFB can truly turnaournd with the economy improving as well

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-01 15:30 | Report Abuse

andyhard,
I am confident that with the investments made to transform its biz model to own plantation land and become a quality but cost efficient producer, it will turnaround as its gross margins now will be higher than its past margins.
Whatever the industry situation is, the cost competitive but quality producer with thrive. Other high cost producers will be weeded out by competition.

andyhard

147 posts

Posted by andyhard > 2014-11-01 18:57 | Report Abuse

Yes. .I agree. . However, not to forget that la of mdf already profitable and yet EFB yet to have it. . In previous record, EFB had gross abt 20%.. but recent years it had dropped to alt 12%.. one of the reasons i saw is inefficiency of operation and also high log cost. ... thus, if this round their upgrades can solved the inefficiency problem.... Then it will be solving the root cause. .. Rembert in lat quartet even is oppression in Thailand is making a loss. .. while other operators in Thailand already pitiable. .. in lat quartet management saying they have make repair on thailand boiler. .. this I hope this quarter will be having major improvement

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-01 19:03 | Report Abuse

Thailand case is cannot get consistent steam at required temperature needed for process. This problem had been solved. Production automation n improvement in production processes will yield cost efficiency n higher gross margins. Another problem is raw material supply n with owning plantation land to plant trees, this will give it a medium term boost

andyhard

147 posts

Posted by andyhard > 2014-11-01 19:11 | Report Abuse

Ya. .suntze. . Need some extra info if you had. .. You are fund managers or where you had those information? Plantations will take few more years time. . Note log cost gas dropped significantly.. do you have those efficiency data or hire they further reduce their cost

dotdotdot

445 posts

Posted by dotdotdot > 2014-11-01 19:13 | Report Abuse

for fast trade boleh lah...investment mah hmm hmm... hehe

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-11-01 21:01 | Report Abuse

A Mdf board trader close to Evergreen mentioned that the production cost is more competitive now as compared to few quarters ago. With the dropped of raw materials price, we wish to see turn around in coming quarter. Good luck.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-02 13:15 | Report Abuse

Many shall be Restored that are now fallen; many shall fall that are now in Honor.
Price is what you pay: Value is what you get.

Will EVERGREEN, the fallen, be restored in due time???
Is EVERGREEN'S VALUE higher than current price you pay for???

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-02 13:17 | Report Abuse

Warren Buffet said and still says:
Most people got interested in stocks when everyone else is,
The time to get interested in is when no one else is,
You can't buy what is popular and do well.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-11-02 16:50 | Report Abuse

There are basically 3 major factors that affect EVERGREEN business model
Factor 1: PRODUCTION & PROCESSES ASSETS THAT ARE COST COMPETIVE & EFFICIENT THAT ACCORDS HIGHER GROSS MARGINS
Factor 2: CONTROL PRICE & CONSISTENCY OF RAW MATERIAL SUPPLY
Factor 3: MARKET NEEDS AND WANTS/CUSTOMERS

FACTOR 1 : PRODUCTION & PROCESSES ASSETS THAT ARE COST COMPETIVE & EFFICIENT THAT ACCORDS HIGHER GROSS MARGINS
By investing in automation of production equipment and processes and investment upgrade of maintenance assets to produce required steam at required temperature plus required volume, it has overcome the problem of product quality , product consistency issues, production bottlenecks, timely deliveries. This is no longer an issue with EVERGREEN now by and large. Its production gross margin will be higher than its past margins

FACTOR 2: CONTROL RAW MATERIAL PRICE & CONSISTENT RAW MATERIAL SUPPLY
By owning land to plant rubber trees, it will have control over factor 2 in the medium term to manage good prices of incoming raw materials plus most important continuity of raw material supply. Currently reliable supply of raw materials is an issue, price of raw material is also an issue but in the medium term this issues will be managed and controlled by getting raw material supply from own plantation.

FACTOR 3: MARKET NEEDS & WANTS/CUSTOMERS
The Market requires quality at reasonable but competitive prices plus timely delivery time. Quality, Consistent product quality & timely delivery were big issues with EVERGREEN in the past. Now Quality, Consistent product quality is no longer an issue but price of raw materials and perhaps meeting delivery dateline still is but manageable within the market supply realities. However this will no longer be the case in the medium term once it sources its raw materials from its own plantation land. With consistent product quality plus reliable delivery time it should get more business from existing and new customers in the future

NEW EMPOWERED BIZ MODEL
By the new reality that EVERGREEN had spent time and invested money to improve its biz model that empowers the company to be a cost competitive, quality producer and also a consistent quality producer, it should be able to turnaround to reasonable profitability soon. However the sourcing of consistent raw material supply at reasonable prices maybe a constraint on higher gross margins but the empowered production assets and processes will empower it to provide higher quality products that earns higher margins that meets market demands.

TURBO BOOST TO ITS SHARE
The turbo boost to its share will come once it mainly source raw material from its own plantation and offers higher quality product mix with higher margins to existing customers/new customers and when the overall market grows.

tonywong8

471 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-11-02 20:59 | Report Abuse

The announcement of QE program by Japanese government had caused YEN dropped 2.8% on friday and we may see our Ringgit to drop below 3.3 on Monday.

almufathal

1,360 posts

Posted by almufathal > 2014-11-03 09:29 | Report Abuse

yahoooo...sudah naik!

nbtrend

134 posts

Posted by nbtrend > 2014-11-03 22:58 | Report Abuse

Be patient and this stock will definitely give you handsome return in 1~2 years.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz