EVERGREEN FIBREBOARD BHD

KLSE (MYR): EVERGRN (5101)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (1.23%)

Day's Change

0.41 - 0.425

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

11,528 comment(s). Last comment by emiteno 1 week ago

Olga

773 posts

Posted by Olga > 2016-12-19 08:12 | Report Abuse

presented? fundamentals?

Olga

773 posts

Posted by Olga > 2016-12-19 08:14 | Report Abuse

dolly chai promotes evergreen
gummy88 didn't promote
olga didn't promote either

3 are the same person? LOL

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 10:12 | Report Abuse

Whats the problem olga? whyare u so emotional when I'm just presenting the facts abt Evergreen and Hevea? R u a hardcore fans of Evergreen? quite obvious. The fundamentals of my analysis not logical? Share price of both stocks have shown the obvious no matter what u think otherwise.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 10:42 | Report Abuse

I thought we already to agree to see which stock hevea or evergreen will be better after 1 yr......no point...catch each other throat, everyday loh....!!

Raider & Dolly pick evergreen, u can pick hevea.....we see the result 1 yr time loh....!!

Meanwhile Hevea up is good for evergreen and evergreen up will be good for hevea, no point cursing each other stocks mah...

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 10:45 | Report Abuse

dolly_chai, thank u for scolding me in Hevea board discussion which is based on youe own emotion than logical business sense. I believe most people in i3 can read more about my unbiased truthful analysis based on factual data and information. For the record, I'm only biased in eyes of Evergreen supporters and this is understandable. I don't uphold a stock if it's own fundamental is sound or better than the other competitor. It is perfectly normal if you would compare among all telco operators like maxis, digi, celcom, etc. before u decide which to go for. So in this case, I'm shaking off ur biased opinions towards Evergreen since Hevea is the closest competitor with almost same level of market cap which u have stated in the past that both are not direct competitor and I've uncovered everything based on factual data/info taken out from both companies annual&quarterly reports which pointed out they are exactly direct competitor. Evergreen is "kiasu" enough to compete with Hevea in 2 segments that are RTA and particleboard dominated by Hevea as well. You still want proof then plz check back my comments history and u can read all about it.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 10:52 | Report Abuse

dolly_chai, thank u for scolding me in Hevea board discussion which is based on youe own emotion than logical business sense. I believe most people in i3 can read more about my unbiased truthful analysis based on factual data and information. For the record, I'm only biased in eyes of Evergreen supporters and this is understandable. I don't uphold a stock if it's own fundamental is sound or better than the other competitor. It is perfectly normal if you would compare among all telco operators like maxis, digi, celcom, etc. before u decide which to go for. So in this case, I'm shaking off ur biased opinions towards Evergreen since Hevea is the closest competitor with almost same level of market cap which u have stated in the past that both are not direct competitor and I've uncovered everything based on factual data/info taken out from both companies annual&quarterly reports which pointed out they are exactly direct competitor. Evergreen is "kiasu" enough to compete with Hevea in 2 segments that are RTA and particleboard dominated by Hevea as well. You still want proof then plz check back my comments history and u can read all about it.

AIYOO U VERY CHIONG HAI LOH...NO NEED SAY U PANLAI OR DOLLY PANLAI MAH....JUST SEE THE SHARE PRICE OF EVERGREEN V HEVEA AFTER 1 YR MAH...!!
IF HEVEA...BETTER....THAN U SING SONG ....STARPERFORMER VERY PANLAI LOH...!!
NO NEED TALK 3 TALK 4...SAY PANLAI EVERYDAY COMPARE WITH EVERGREEN MAH...!!
NOW RESULT NOT OUT YET MAH...!!

HOWEVER U R ADVICE TO SING EVERYDAY THAT HEVEA IS GOOD BUT PLEASE DON COMPARE WITH EVERGREEN AFTER 1 YEAR LOH...!!

RAIDER & DOLLY WILL SING EVERGREEN VERY GOOD, BUT WOULD NOT COMPARE WITH HEVEA ALSO...UNTIL 1 YR LOH....!!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 10:56 | Report Abuse

olga, pls just ignore this stupid starperformer.. he has his own agenda to badmouth evergreen and push down its price.. if he is not interested in evergreen, why is he wasting time here? he missed the boat and wanted to push down the price so he can buy i guess..

he even "accused" me to be the same person as Gummy88.. from such i can tell that he only knows of accusing ppl without fact.. simply say... i will challenge him directly... see below

Sephy

692 posts

Posted by Sephy > 2016-12-19 10:57 | Report Abuse

Guys malaysia is on bloomberg headlines!!! Usdmyr touches lowest level since 1998. Good job MO1, malaysia boleh!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 10:59 | Report Abuse

to treat coward & loser like starperformer... u must go the harsh way...

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 11:00 | Report Abuse

stockraider, u got banned & kickout out of investlah still do the same here ahh? Later admin ban u again then no one will miss u lahh or u will reincarnate into another ID? Don't be naughty loh! Did ur mama chiong hei tell u everyday is for ur own good so u don't get into trouble loh!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:02 |

Post removed.Why?

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:06 | Report Abuse

starperfomer, do u dare to take up challenge?

You accused me to be Gummy88 without proof... for ppl like u who just talked nonsense without proof.. i am going to challenge you..

if i am really gummy88, i will die horribly today.
If i am not gummy88, you will die horrbly today.

dare to take up this challenge if you have balls?
else, pls get lost from evergreen forum

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 11:06 | Report Abuse

Dolly_chai, u bought into Evergreen and seeing it's share price sinking everyday may cause u to become angry so u need to start seeing the prospects of another competitor. Shield yourself by hedging and buying into a competitor is never a bad move.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:09 |

Post removed.Why?

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:11 | Report Abuse

raider, starperfomer is a coward definitely.. he even accused me to be the same person as Gummy88... see, he is only good at cooking up something..
so i challenged him above but i guess he has no balls to take up...

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:12 | Report Abuse

Ya talk is cheap....!!
But when challenge no balls...!!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:13 | Report Abuse

and gummy88 really smacked him gaogao:

Gummy88 starperformer aka mr-know-it-all..haha..

so sarcastic of gummy88... if i were gummy88, i will not tell him off so softly.. so smack him in a harsher way...

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:19 | Report Abuse

you still how naive he is to compare Evergreen and Hevea to telco companies...
I already said.. MDF has its own market and particleboard is not a direct replacement for all cases...

why did i say so? ok, i will give facts and put money into his pocket..

for example, some part of the bed frame / cupboard may require MDF material as harder option... can't simply use particleboard as replacement for strength requirement..

another example is the door... are u going to use flimsy and weak particleboard?

Kitchine cabinet.. u use melamine board and not particleboard unless u really want low grade boards...

different market, different spec, different price, diffe requirement..

starperformer still can;t see it..

keep being biased and promoting hevea for his own agenda...

and keep misleading forumers... and said particleboard can replace MDF...

if yes, why are the customers still buying MDF? MDF makers all bankrupt already lo...

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:19 | Report Abuse

come on la.. starperfomer, before u comment, use ur brain a bit la pls..

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 11:21 | Report Abuse

Compare...

EVERGREEN
P/E Normalized: 8.798
ROIC: 9.408%
EPS GROWTH RATE: -3.41%
NET PROFIT MARGIN: 9.294%

HEVEA
P/E Normalized: 11.209
ROIC: 21.282%
EPS GROWTH RATE: 13.803%
NET PROFIT MARGIN: 14.617%

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:30 | Report Abuse

Compare...

EVERGREEN

HEVEA

Posted by stockraider > Dec 19, 2016 11:12 AM | Report Abuse X

Ya talk is cheap....!!

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 11:31 | Report Abuse

stockraider and Dolly_chai, why are u both so afraid of factual data and info? This is what I'm talking about u both are not telling truth about Evergreen. I'm simply presenting the factual data and telling analysis based on everything taken out from all financial statements and chairman/directors statements in the annual/quarterly reports from both Evergreen and Hevea. Be transparent to the readers and don't mislead them. Thank u!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:36 | Report Abuse

Posted by starperformer > Dec 19, 2016 11:31 AM | Report Abuse

stockraider and Dolly_chai, why are u both so afraid of factual data and info? This is what I'm talking about u both are not telling truth about Evergreen. I'm simply presenting the factual data and telling analysis based on everything taken out from all financial statements and chairman/directors statements in the annual/quarterly reports from both Evergreen and Hevea. Be transparent to the readers and don't mislead them. Thank u!

Posted by stockraider > Dec 19, 2016 11:12 AM | Report Abuse X

Ya talk is cheap....!!

WHERE GOT AFRAID ? U TALK 3 TALK 4 SAMETHING...!!
NOW TAKE UP CHALLENGE LOH....DON BE A PONDAN MAH...!!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:38 | Report Abuse

fact and truth?
no-ball starperformer...
accusing me as Gummy88 is fact and truth?

you really have no balls

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:39 | Report Abuse

am i afraid?
I did tell facts...
i am telling that 2017 onwards that evergreen will transform.. we invest in future...
but u just ignore that part..
i have to believe that you coward have your personal agenda to bring down evergreen price..

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 11:41 | Report Abuse

stockraider, u already got banned and kicked out from investlah despite ur claim to have posted 10,000++ of noble comments but mostly are nonsense gibberish, just look at how u write in i3 forum people can know. Admin and commentators of investlah dislike u there for valid reasons lohh! What else attention u want here? I posted no nonsense comparison data only lohh!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:42 | Report Abuse

raider, u see how this pondan divert the topic.. he really dares not to be responsible for what he said before.. dare to accused ppl (falsely) but dare not admit..

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:43 | Report Abuse

Ya talk is cheap....!!

WHERE GOT AFRAID ? U TALK 3 TALK 4 SAMETHING...!!
NOW TAKE UP CHALLENGE LOH....DON BE A PONDAN MAH...!

Starperformer....pondan pondan loh....!!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:43 | Report Abuse

starperformer:

is this not nonsense?

starperformer: Gummy88 is another new ID used by Dolly_chai lol. When people like this refused to accept the loss is when they use different ID to attack the critics lol

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 11:44 | Report Abuse

come on.. if u dare to say this, take up my challenge:

You accused me to be Gummy88 without proof... for ppl like u who just talked nonsense without proof.. i am going to challenge you..

if i am really gummy88, i will die horribly today.
If i am not gummy88, you will die horrbly today.

dare to take up this challenge if you have balls?
else, pls get lost from evergreen forum

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 11:44 | Report Abuse

when they knew the truth is out, the only thing they can do is revenge. Dolly_chai, I suggest u to comment more on stocks rather than nonsense here. So did u compare both companies well?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 11:50 | Report Abuse

AIYOO U VERY CHIONG HAI LOH this starperformer...NO NEED SAY U PANLAI OR DOLLY PANLAI MAH....JUST SEE THE SHARE PRICE OF EVERGREEN V HEVEA AFTER 1 YR MAH...!!
IF HEVEA...BETTER....THAN U SING SONG ....STARPERFORMER VERY PANLAI LOH...!!
NO NEED TALK 3 TALK 4...SAY PANLAI EVERYDAY COMPARE WITH EVERGREEN MAH...!!
NOW RESULT NOT OUT YET MAH...!!

HOWEVER U R ADVICE TO SING EVERYDAY THAT HEVEA IS GOOD BUT PLEASE DON COMPARE WITH EVERGREEN AFTER 1 YEAR LOH...!!

RAIDER & DOLLY WILL SING EVERGREEN VERY GOOD, BUT WOULD NOT COMPARE WITH HEVEA ALSO...UNTIL 1 YR LOH....!

Yes the solution is challenge loh !!

Bcos talk is cheap mah....!!

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 12:07 | Report Abuse

Compare...

EVERGREEN

HEVEA
NET PROFIT MARGIN: 14.617%

The P/E of Evergreen is higher (*Lower the better). The Return on Invested Capital of Hevea is at 21.282% which is far superior than Evergreen already more than double. The ROIC as indicated is derived using the "latest fiscal year" divided by "5-year average" and it is an effective measure of the return on invested capital. That alone just ensures company such as Hevea is able to amassed so much profit and cash until today. By using the same amount of capital, Hevea is able to obtain a better returns for it's shareholders. That is why u still see many investors still pouring money into Hevea even it's gone way up above it's own book value.

What good would it do to just buy a stock below it's book value if it doesn't perform better for Evergreen? because investors can get better returns from another company such as Hevea since it's management is seriously efficient and prudent in retaining profit earnings and cost management. This has shown evidently Hevea is able to amassed the bulk of cash over the time and it can be put in good use during tough times ahead. Would u invest ur money into a company which can bring u consistently stable and far superior returns than the one that is not able to deliver consistently?

Below as indicated are the round-up of EVERGREEN and HEVEA profit margin:

EVERGREEN
2012: 3.2%
2013: -4.5%
2014: 0%
2015: 9.1%
2016: 7.3%

HEVEA
2012: 4.1% (Hevea's RTA segment started operation in early of 2012)
2013: 5.7% (Continuation of CAPEX throughout the year for more automation for RTA)
2014: 7.2%
2015: 14.7%
2016: 13.3%

Latest recorded revenues by segments of both companies:

EVERGREEN
Medium density fibreboard (MDF): 80% of revenues contribution
Value-added MDF: 15% of revenues contribution
Ready-to-Assemble (RTA): 5% of revenues contribution

HEVEA
Particleboard: 40% of revenues contribution
Ready-to-Assemble (RTA): 60% of revenues contribution

Hevea's latest quarter report announced on 22 Nov 2016.
CASH AND BANK BALANCES 109,790,000
LONG TERM BORROWINGS 6,947,000
SHORT-TERM BORROWINGS 8,164,000
Total debts: 15,111,000
Cash - Total Borrowings = 94,679,000 (*NET CASH POSITION)
No. of shares in circulation: 500,851,890 shares
94,679,000(Net cash) / 500,851,890 shares = *Worth RM (0.189) net cash a piece

Evergreen's latest quarter report announced on 28 Nov 2016.
CASH AND BANK BALANCES 141,018,000
LONG TERM BORROWINGS 108,952,000
SHORT-TERM BORROWINGS 107,633,000
Total debts: 216,585,000
Cash - Total Borrowings = -75,567,000 (*NET DEBTS POSITION)
No. of shares in circulation: 846,423,985 shares
-75,567,000(Net debts) / 846,423,985 shares = *Worth approx. RM (-0.089) per share

Which gearing level better? You should see the obvious.

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 12:17 | Report Abuse

who talked nonsense?

starperformer: Gummy88 is another new ID used by Dolly_chai lol. When people like this refused to accept the loss is when they use different ID to attack the critics lol

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 12:20 | Report Abuse

and as what i had pointed out earlier...
Evergreen is in an industry (MDF) that requires more capex as their imported machines are expensive... so you just can't compare it directly with Hevea is more on particleboard and RTA..

Airasia has very high debts, can you compare it with Hevea?

Evergreen is not exactly in the same business as Hevea (even though some overlap) so you can playing your tricks to confuse readers here...

Furthermore, with more than 1 billion of equity, 75mil net debt is manageable as it is only 0.075 of the equity..

so, STARPERFORMER, we know u have ur personal agenda to badmouth evergreen and give misleading facts here...
stop you childish move... evergreen investors are smart enough to know ur dirty trick..

and again, if you dare to accuse, pls dare to take up challenge... else admit u have no balls and get lost..

Olga

773 posts

Posted by Olga > 2016-12-19 12:31 | Report Abuse

Olga Ok, tribute to my mentor Gummy88... I myself lack interest of evergreen as i did not look into it consistently..

Evergreen and hevea.. sum up is particle board plus etc..
Everything is good about particleboard on the manufacturing side..
Just one thing.. how are the market doing in nations of the clients of hevea and evergreen..
Now, it is a global rebalancing with our new big brother trump..
It has been a global slowdown of economy.. reflecting in the demand..
Stronger us dollar is good for hevea and evergreen..

i believe gummy88 was just joking.. sound more like a joke..
And how is gummy88 dolly chai?
16/12/2016 22:41

This was what i wrote.. did i ever mention starperformer or say anything bad about evergreen? Thats why i asked, do u understand?

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 12:44 | Report Abuse

stockraider and Dolly_chai, both of u must be very deeply invested in Evergreen until u have to defend it so actively lol. I've told u many times that Evergreen is having core fundamental issues in regards to suppression of profit margin due to higher costs of restructuring it's businesses specifically relocation of current MDF operations to another plant and restarting of particleboard segment and to improve it's RTA segment. All these are time-consuming and the supposed benefits will only be seen in late 2017/2018 at the earliest. You can check Hevea's past history by reading up their annual reports and it has shown that it took Hevea two years to get RTA segment to run smoothly and stabilize. Read Hevea's annual report from year 2011-2015 and u can learn so Evergreen will take at least 2 years for RTA up & running while it's profit margin from MDF segment will trend lower due to a major shift of demand from pricey MDF to cheaper/affordable particleboard from global importers.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 12:45 | Report Abuse

Raider check Hevea history b4....it was a bankrupt company b4 loh..!!

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 12:55 | Report Abuse

When they refused to accept the facts and fundamentals, they will mend their way with half-truth lol. Both Evergrn and Hevea stock price have shown the obvious. Still linger with losses? It is never a bad move to hedge your losing bet with a better competitor otherwise u will stay at the losing end. Sad case for stockraider. Hope what happened to u in investlah won't repeat again here in i3 lohh!!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 12:56 | Report Abuse

starperformer paper box even cheaper.. can replace particleboard?
dun talk too much nonsense if you dun understand the wood -based products..
particleboard can only replace MDF in certain application but not ALL...
So it is not a direct alternative for MDF... i have told u facts above but u chose to ignore..

why? ur personal agenda to pull down Evergreen... intention spotted and caught red-handed...

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 12:56 | Report Abuse

shut up la loser and pondan starperformer.. dun divert topic.. take up the challenge pls...

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 12:57 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 12:57 | Report Abuse

Why Hevea earnings not so strong as it seems when compare to Evergreen loh ?

Hevea Latest QTR Earnings Rm 17M x 4 = Rm 68M annualsed Earnings
Hevea nos share plus warrant 501M + 68M = 569M
Annualised EPS of Hevea =rm 68m div 569M = Rm 0.12
Share price Rm 1.52 thus PE 13x for Hevea consider not undervalue loh...!!!

Evergreen Latest QTR Earnings Rm 16M x 4 = Rm 64M annualsed Earnings
Evergreen nos share plus warrant = 846M
Annualised EPS of Hevea =rm 64m div 846M = Rm 0.08
Share price Rm 0.955 thus PE 12x for Evergreen consider better than Hevea PE 13x loh...!!!

SO IF PEOPLE DEPEND ON HEVEA AS A GOOD EARNERS BUT THEIR EARNINGS ARE NOT BETTER THAN EVERGREEN MAH....!!
IN ADDITION EVERGREEN HAS MUCH BETTER VALUE SUCH AS BIGGER TURNOVER,SHAREHOLDER FUNDS .
THE NTA PER SHARE OF RM 1.35 AND PE 12X MORE MORE SUPERIOR THAN HEVEA NTA PER SHARE RM 0.85 AND PE 13X LOH...!!

The above is what raider see as fundamental analysis loh....!!

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 13:38 | Report Abuse

Dolly_chai, please seriously check the very latest accounting of both heavyweight competitors Evergreen and Hevea carefully below:

Hevea's latest quarter report announced on 22 Nov 2016.
CASH AND BANK BALANCES 109,790,000
LONG TERM BORROWINGS 6,947,000
SHORT-TERM BORROWINGS 8,164,000
Total debts: 15,111,000
Cash - Total Borrowings = 94,679,000 (*NET CASH POSITION)
No. of shares in circulation: 500,851,890 shares
94,679,000(Net cash) / 500,851,890 shares = *Worth RM (0.189) net cash a piece

Evergreen's latest quarter report announced on 28 Nov 2016.
CASH AND BANK BALANCES 141,018,000
LONG TERM BORROWINGS 108,952,000
SHORT-TERM BORROWINGS 107,633,000
Total debts: 216,585,000
Cash - Total Borrowings = -75,567,000 (*NET DEBTS POSITION)
No. of shares in circulation: 846,423,985 shares
-75,567,000(Net debts) / 846,423,985 shares = *Worth approx. RM (-0.089) per share

I'm not trying to bring down the share price or influence people to buy Hevea and dump Evergreen. I'm sharing what seems to be the greater risks for companies that are having high debts and not enough cash balances and cash flow to service it's borrowings with interests during the current bad economic climate worldwide and with the ringgit dropping to Asian Financial Crisis in 1998 level is not something any companies should take it lightly.

A friendly reminder is better buy shares of companies with low gearing that is having lower or no debts and holding good amount of cash because there will definitely be market turbulence coming real soon. Check what is happening in business worldwide now. Market bull run is over-matured 9 years now and will fall anytime soon. I still see good fundamentals with export stocks due to falling ringgit. Here's a recap:

HEVEA's total borrowings: RM 15,111,000.00
EVERGRN's total borrowings: RM 216,585,000.00
*announced on 22 Nov 2016

HEVEA's cash balance: RM 109,790,000.00
EVERGRN's cash balance: RM 141,018,000.00
*announced on 28 Nov 2016

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 13:49 | Report Abuse

HEVEA's Debt to cash ratio
RM 109,790,000 (Total cash) / RM 15,111,000 (Total debts) = [1.00 : 7.27]

EVERGRN's Debt to cash ratio
RM 141,018,000 (Total cash) / RM 216,585,000 (Total debts) = [1.00 : 0.65]

To put it in perspective, Hevea is having RM 15m total debts only whereas Evergreen has a giant RM 216m of total debts. Do u see it more clearly?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 14:18 | Report Abuse

Evergreen has a staggering rm 1 billion shareholder funds whereas hevea have only Rm 400 million loh....!!

If both Hevea & Evergreen loss Rm 400 million....Hevea will be bankrupt but evergreen still have Rm 600 million loh....!!

Dolly_Chai

738 posts

Posted by Dolly_Chai > 2016-12-19 14:23 | Report Abuse

raider.. good one.. u see now.. starperformer try to mislead and only give part of the info...

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-19 14:26 | Report Abuse

If u buy Evergreen at Rm 0.975...even if evergreen loss Rm 400 million..u still get back Rm 0.70....!!

If u invest in Hevea Rm 1.54...if Hevea loss Rm 400 million..your share is worthless and worth zero loh...!!

Evergreen a better company mah....!!

starperformer

1,443 posts

Posted by starperformer > 2016-12-19 14:34 | Report Abuse

Refer the following:
http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Corporate-Infomation.aspx?securityCode=5095
http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Corporate-Infomation.aspx?securityCode=5101

Latest quarter results:
Net profit: RM 17,233,000 (HEVEA)
Net profit: RM 16,880,000 (EVERGREEN)

EPS (sen): 3.70 (HEVEA)
EPS (sen): 2.06 (EVERGREEN)

Since Evergreen's debts is so high at RM 216,585,000.00 then how many quarters are needed to earn back and pay down the debts in the long term? It's EPS is only 2.06 sen per share and net profit has been shrinking non stop for 5 consecutive quarters until HEVEA has overtaken it.

Why u should never use it's book value to value the worth of such companies? If they are property developers then having lots of valuable assets will be worth a lot more but in this case both HEVEA and EVERGREEN are producers & exporters of timber-based products so they are capital intensive and most of their assets are in depreciating machinery which will need to be upgraded or replaced after years later. So I don't think u should use it's NTA as a main guide to buy it's shares.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz