HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): HARTA (5168)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (1.49%)

Day's Change

2.69 - 2.75

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

33,391 comment(s). Last comment by Chipee 17 hours ago

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-12 22:34 | Report Abuse

@Calvin882 Stock market can be very fickle, just like our ex-partners. Sometimes good or bad news drive prices. Sometime it is based purely on sentiment, stock downtrend? sell, sell, sell! stock uptrend? buy, buy, buy! The way the stock market moves, you think there is someone manipulating the price. Are there big funds manipulating price? I really don't know. I'm not an insider.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-13 09:02 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin, very good analogy. Just treat stock market as your partner. Choose wisely before make any move. Have to put in some resources if you think you have chosen the right one. Cannot expect your partner in good mood all the time. Just bare with it whenever mood swing happens. If really not as per your expectation and doesn't expect your partner will change in the future, just break-up and find another new partner : )

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-13 14:30 | Report Abuse

Yes...for long term investor if no dividend no bonus issue, just like the partner bakhil bin kedekut just greet bye2 without waiting for another day, waste of time and resources

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-11-13 15:22 | Report Abuse

On Nov 3, Harta reached a high for Nov of 5.97.

It goes ex dividend on Nov 17 (Wed).

So Monday and Tuesday trading will be interesting.

A 5% jump from Fridays closing price could bump up the price to above RM6.00.

That's within range.

However, it's definitely not retail players calling the shots. We are all burnt already.

Well be an interesting next 2 trading days.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-13 16:09 | Report Abuse

Anxious: "However, it's definitely not retail players calling the shots. We are all burnt already."

Hahahaha.. brutally honest! If it jumps to the RM6 range, I would've made some profit from my recent purchases, but I won't sell because the dividend is more than the profit. Well unless it goes up to 6.10-6.15 before ex... otherwise I will only sell after. And that is also if the negative sentiment returns.. otherwise there's a good chance the price will climb back up after the adjustment. That's why I'd rather not see RM5. Speaking of averaging down.. with your average cost of RM9, the adjusted price, say... 5.50-5.60 and RM5, does it make much difference? If I were you, I would stagger buy in case RM5 doesn't happen. Just my 2 cents. :)

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-11-13 16:27 | Report Abuse

Jolynce, RM9 + RM5 divide 2 = RM7

So if say I have 30 lots now @ RM9 , I double up another 30 lots @ RM5,
my average for 60 lots becomes RM7.

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-11-13 16:29 | Report Abuse

I know what you mean, even if I bought at RM5.50, my average would be RM7.25, so not much difference. Agreed.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-13 16:35 | Report Abuse

Yeah :) Anyway, wait and see first. Don't rush in either.

Posted by Anxious > Nov 13, 2021 4:29 PM | Report Abuse

I know what you mean, even if I bought at RM5.50, my average would be RM7.25, so not much difference. Agreed.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-13 19:55 | Report Abuse

Just wait and see. I expect the price may drop further before and after dividend as investors didn't seem excited about the dividend even after announcement that day. I don't think dividend will be the factor for investors to buy. It may take some time before it can go further without new catalyst.

Posted by whocare1982 > 2021-11-13 20:04 | Report Abuse

美国九月手套进口数据分析。

https://youtu.be/IJ4gcspKvTw

Posted by whocare1982 > 2021-11-14 09:37 | Report Abuse

中国手套将被美国加税?!

https://youtu.be/Pzjdo6Kw9-0

masterus

3,592 posts

Posted by masterus > 2021-11-14 18:03 | Report Abuse

Soon EU and UK also follow.

masterus

3,592 posts

Posted by masterus > 2021-11-14 18:05 | Report Abuse

Us ada banyak peralatan utk menentang kamu. Satu daripadanya ialah forced labour. Withhold Release Order Act.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-14 19:59 | Report Abuse

Another bad news for the industry.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-14 20:16 | Report Abuse

Technically it's bad news for Supermax, good news for Harta and Top Glove, who will be able to gain a bigger share of the American pie, but the Malaysian stock market is irrational, so that's that.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-14 20:52 | Report Abuse

It's not a good publicity for Malaysia's glove industry. People will only know gloves from Malaysia is bad. Regardless of Supermax, Harta etc. This may eventually give advantage to gloves manufactured from other countries.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-14 21:41 | Report Abuse

That's true too :( Glove stocks constantly plagued by bad news!

Ryan83

1,835 posts

Posted by Ryan83 > 2021-11-14 22:03 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 14 (Reuters) - Canada has paused imports from Malaysian glove maker Supermax Corp as it awaits the results of an audit, weeks after the United States barred the firm over allegations the company uses forced labour.

Malaysian factories making everything from medical gloves to palm oil have increasingly come under scrutiny over allegations they abuse foreign workers, who form a significant part of the manufacturing workforce.

After the United States suspended Supermax imports last month, Canada's Public Services and Procurement department said on Wednesday it was holding Supermax deliveries as it awaits a report expected mid-month from Supermax Healthcare Canada.

"In light of the current situation, Canada has engaged with the company to seek assurances that Supermax Corp is not engaging in forced labour practices," the department said in a statement.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-15 08:58 | Report Abuse

The government should look into the legitimacy of the claims by these foreign activists and if it is indeed true, they should take the appropriate actions against these companies but if it is an inaccurate reporting or false accusation, the government should do the necessary to protect the industry. At the same time these companies should know well their responsibility over their workers and if the issue still prolonged, there must be something wrong with the management and they are not only answerable to the authorities but also the minority shareholders. The neverending labour issue on the industry will just continually affect the price of the shares and the management should know well the importance of resolving the problem once and for all.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-15 09:26 | Report Abuse

Such forced labour accusation is not as straight forward. Sometimes It involves looking at things at different perspective due to cultural difference. For example, children helping their parents in the family farms is quite normal in Asian country like Malaysia. However, this could be viewed as child labour from foreigner's eyes. Even some of the Malaysia's legal requirements on foreign workers may not in-line with the requirements of certain western countries.

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-11-15 09:49 | Report Abuse

Foreign labour abuse is probably widespread throughout Malaysia with unscrupulous employers taking advantage of lax enforcement.

It is not limited to the glove industry alone.

Hopefully all this publicity will force the glove industry to buck up on this issue. I believe they can't ignore it anymore.

The positive side is that it will force the Msian glove companies to automate quicker. With the cash they care sitting on , the can afford to do it.

In the long term their reliance of foreign labor will reduce and efficiency improve.

So foreign labor problem may not be an issue for the long term.

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-11-15 09:54 | Report Abuse

I think the biggest challenge facing Msian glove companies is China and the increased supply from them.

I dont understand Chinese, so I cant make out this video posted by Whocare1982:-

But I think it seems to suggest Chinese companies gaining more and more market share in the coming years?

What do you guys think of the projections there?

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Posted by dompeilee > 2021-11-15 10:05 | Report Abuse

dompeilee Averaged down on Harta @ 5.71...700 shrs only =)
12/11/2021 10:39 AM

At last...some paper gains a day after purchase =)

Posted by Pgraduate123 > 2021-11-15 12:24 | Report Abuse

Ini kali lah... Glove Mania 2.0

Posted by nimblecloud88 > 2021-11-15 12:56 | Report Abuse

Rebound now, nice

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-15 13:15 | Report Abuse

Hopefully can sustain until after dividend.

kk7198

3,941 posts

Posted by kk7198 > 2021-11-15 14:01 | Report Abuse

@Pgraduate 123. Possible.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-15 14:17 | Report Abuse

Market drop but gloves go up. Not a good sign.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-15 14:37 | Report Abuse

It's good to read facts and figures but really who can make anything out of it and where the stock prices are heading. There are so many factors causing recent decline in exports, like the CBP ban on Top Glove that was only lifted in Sept, the EMCO that restricted production and exports, and obviously increased competition from China and Thailand. But even China is prone to uncertainty when the US tariff exemption on China's medical goods expires - will it affect exports when tariffs are put back in place? and if so, who stands to benefit if not Malaysia? So many variables to it, who knows what the Oct figures will show? Even the vlogger himself doesn't know. Currently Europe is seeing a new wave of Covid, and possibly US too, and that probably is why gloves are all green today, despite the depressed overall market. So just ride the trend. Hold or average up if you are optimistic about the upward trend, sell on strength if you're pessimistic, or do nothing at all if you're unsure.

Posted by Anxious > Nov 15, 2021 9:54 AM | Report Abuse

I think the biggest challenge facing Msian glove companies is China and the increased supply from them.

I dont understand Chinese, so I cant make out this video posted by Whocare1982:-

But I think it seems to suggest Chinese companies gaining more and more market share in the coming years?

What do you guys think of the projections there?

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-15 15:16 | Report Abuse

I do not really hope the price go up due to Covid or any pandemic anymore as it will do more harm than good to the overall market. However, gloves is an uptrend industry even before Covid. I only hold on due to this believe. I believe Malaysia glove companies are much more matured, efficient and well managed than the one in China. Are we really China has no issue with forced labour? Probably one day Andy Hall may visit China too?

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-15 15:31 | Report Abuse

Well said.

Posted by Calvin882 > Nov 15, 2021 3:16 PM | Report Abuse

I do not really hope the price go up due to Covid or any pandemic anymore as it will do more harm than good to the overall market. However, gloves is an uptrend industry even before Covid. I only hold on due to this believe. I believe Malaysia glove companies are much more matured, efficient and well managed than the one in China. Are we really China has no issue with forced labour? Probably one day Andy Hall may visit China too?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-15 16:21 | Report Abuse

It is reasonable to worry about China's threat but here's my read on the current situation (Bang_miskin kaki lima analisis). There are three possible outcomes.
1. China is really expanding their production capacity big time. What does it mean? To me it means that the foreseeable demand is good because of increase hygiene awareness. Would you invest billions going into a loss a couple of years later? I think not.
2. China is going big time even if the market is no good. They may have a technological advantage that outproduces all of our local glove competitors at a cheaper price. Is this very likely? I think not, but then again we can't rule out this possibility.
3. The market says is no good and yet China "says" it is going big time. They can talk the talk, but can they walk it? There's a Chinese phrase that directly translates to, "blowing cow's p****" ( I can't say the word here =) ). Would they exaggerate their capabilities in order to attract investors? I find this to be very odd. But if they actually do this, then we don't need to worry too much.

To me option one is most likely.

The only big worry is 2, that they could outproduce us at a cheaper cost? To me it is possible but not very likely. Like Calvin882, they may take our market share, but our producers are "more mature" already in the game for awhile. Making prediction is easy, but actually getting down to business is another thing.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-15 16:29 | Report Abuse

Forgot to mention: If China finally succeeded in taking over Malaysia's market share. I'll say let them. Let them be the biggest, we want our companies to be profitable. Our companies profit, we untung.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-15 16:42 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin I enjoy reading your kaki lima analisis haha.. keep it up! A few years back, didn't they also say that Thailand glove makers would overtake Malaysia? Now, it's China. Who's next?? :P

Anxious

231 posts

Posted by Anxious > 2021-11-15 18:18 | Report Abuse

Jolynce,

"Hold or average up if you are optimistic about the upward trend, sell on strength if you're pessimistic, or do nothing at all if you're unsure."

Excellent, couldn't have put it better.

I am unsure, so I guess do nothing and enjoy dividends.

Definitely will be buying at RM5.00 and below if it gets there. Too good a deal to resists.

But no one knows for sure where the price will go. We are all just betting I guess.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-15 19:45 | Report Abuse

Many jump into the industry when news of making big bucks, humangous profits popping up among the top 4 and it seems like a easy peasy business for all. Venturing into the market is one thing but manufacturing the products is another issue. Producing gloves is not like producing donuts, QA is basically top of the list for every gloves manufacturer. Besides CBP ban, they may also face detention by the FDA for products not meeting the standard requirements. I dont know the quality of the gloves produced by China but malaysia is still the top in term of producing the best quality gloves in the world. I have full confident with the malaysia top 4 gloves manufacturers but no comments on those newbies and hope they will safeguard their position in the world ranking, stop giving those activists the opportunity to accuse them on forced labour.

Calvin882

1,562 posts

Posted by Calvin882 > 2021-11-15 20:00 | Report Abuse

I don't work for the glove industry. But did you guys ever asked why the so called activist only accuse those profitable industries such as gloves and plantations? Why not attack smaller industries which have even poorer standards than those large companies? Do you really think the activist really fight for the rights of foreign workers? Things are not as straight forward. Many evil minded people out there.

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-11-15 20:02 | Report Abuse

China is the threat for Malaysian gloves companies as mentioned by Hartalega CEO during AGM. If our government do not get their act together to support our gloves industry, local gloves companies are going to lose out

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-15 21:14 | Report Abuse

Totally agreed with looiting, the government should gives their full support to the industry. The glove industry has contributed so much to the country, the economy the communities and workforce, donation after donation, charitable contribution and continuous job offers from top to bottom positions.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-15 21:40 | Report Abuse

When it comes to forced labour, it is difficult to judge who is right or wrong or if there is a conspiracy theory targeting only certain profit making industry because we are not in the shoes of all the parties involved. To me as a investor, i assume the manufacturers themselves should be operating according to all the requirements, laws and regulations with regards to the welfare of the workforce. Like the chinese saying as long as one walk properly, stand properly ..Andy Hall or no Andy Hall, no way one company can be accused of forced labour. I trust the company that i have invested my money and i hope im not wrong

COVID 19

339 posts

Posted by COVID 19 > 2021-11-16 10:35 | Report Abuse

EX today. Alamak, Red Pulak.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-16 10:45 | Report Abuse

COVID 19 EX today. Alamak, Red Pulak.

Tommorrow ex-date la. Tomorrow price will adjust down by 0.35sen.

Harta steady boom pipi. If price collapse, I'll be waiting at RM5 =)

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2021-11-16 12:25 | Report Abuse

Today sell tickets still can get cash dividend if not mistake ????

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-16 12:29 | Report Abuse

HAHAHAHA... !!!!

Posted by NatsukoMishima > Nov 16, 2021 12:25 PM | Report Abuse

Today sell tickets still can get cash dividend if not mistake ????

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-16 12:32 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin steady boom pipi. Many people will be waiting, they better be fast.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-16 12:35 | Report Abuse

NatsukoMishima Today sell tickets still can get cash dividend if not mistake ????
If tomorrow morning sell stock, will get dividend. But price tomorrow also automatically drop by 0.35sen to account for dividend.

Paham tak? Besok quiz day.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-16 12:38 | Report Abuse

@jolynce In light of yesterday's rise, Harta is doing slightly better than Topglov, Supermax and Kossan. This afternoon will be an interesting show.

I have no plans to buy or sell today, just sit back and watch the show.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-16 12:40 | Report Abuse

@bang miskin me neither. Tomorrow's price after adjustment might be high enough for me to sell a portion of my holdings, and then I can't wait to buy back. :)

pang72

49,866 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2021-11-16 12:40 | Report Abuse

Stock: [HARTA]: HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

Nov 12, 2021 10:39 AM | Report Abuse

Averaged down on Harta @ 5.71...700 shrs only =)

THIS CHICKEN LONG TERM TRAP...
BUY WHAT DROP WHAT.... LOL

Post a Comment
Market Buzz