HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): HARTA (5168)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.03 (1.12%)

Day's Change

2.69 - 2.75

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

33,391 comment(s). Last comment by Chipee 18 hours ago

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-04 14:02 | Report Abuse

Absolutely agree with you. Higher ASP, increased production, increased revenue and profit due to increased demand, global shortage persisting, how is it that TP is lower than pre-pandemic? None of it makes any sense! It's as if they're deliberately trying to suppress or depress the price of glove stocks!

Posted by Hummingbird66 > Nov 4, 2021 1:40 PM | Report Abuse

I question the low target price given by some analysts.

How can it be lower than pre pandemic price? when Hartalega’s financial standing & fundamentals are no longer the same as before and asp price is normalizing and won’t be lower than pre pandemic?

Main shareholders or respected captains of this industry should question them on how these TP are derived and to be very careful and even accountable for how their opinions cause further confusions and market sentiments.

dawchok

523 posts

Posted by dawchok > 2021-11-04 14:14 | Report Abuse

Share price is not a pure science or mathematic. Sentiment momentum is one of the key factors. When a company or industry is on a downtrend and being perceived pessimistically, it will go down lower than where it should be. Likewise when it is on another side of the trend. At the same time, this behavior creates opportunity to accumulate at a very attractive price.

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-04 14:30 | Report Abuse

You're right about sentiment momentum causing the share to head to extremes. We gotta hang tight.. and have strong hearts. LOL!

Posted by dawchok > Nov 4, 2021 2:14 PM | Report Abuse

Share price is not a pure science or mathematic. Sentiment momentum is one of the key factors. When a company or industry is on a downtrend and being perceived pessimistically, it will go down lower than where it should be. Likewise when it is on another side of the trend. At the same time, this behavior creates opportunity to accumulate at a very attractive price.

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-04 14:37 | Report Abuse

Nothing make sense to small potato here at all on the ongoing in the country, RM33.8b wiped off the market cap in a knee jerk reaction to cukai makmur while gov expected to generate RM9.5b from cukai makmur in the coming days, I counted with my fingers siapa untung siapa rugi or is it nobody untung at all ...
and today i read news on....
https://www.msn.com/en-my/money/other/malaysia-is-very-bullish-on-2022-says-finance-minister/vi-AAQiC06
Small potato here scratch the head every day wondering how grounded in values Harta will be in the coming days facing with all these ongoings in the country

pamaladu

108 posts

Posted by pamaladu > 2021-11-04 14:55 | Report Abuse

use the cash earning to pay for the factory expansion and accelarate the capex, increase the expenditure a bit?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-04 15:45 | Report Abuse

I do not know how these financial analyst come up with their target prices ( I am no financial analyst), but to me their analysis seems more to do with current share price than some financial formula or some mathematical framework. In the past week or so Harta price fluctuate around RM5.75 to RM6. Since most recent QR is slightly above market expectation, they use assign numbers towards the higher end such as RM6 or RM6.25.

Unless you know how these financial analyst arrive to their numbers, always take their word with a grain of salt. I started invested in Harta when target prices were around RM13 when share price was RM10. Good value right? Haha I kena teruk2.

If you want up to date "target price," Bang_Miskin Kaki Lima (TM) A.N.A.L.-isis can provide to you here free of charge! Ya percuma, no strings attached! Just need to reached from my you-know-where! Bang miskin just like to omong2 kosong, partly because he's a little sour with his Harta paper loss!

Cerubic

518 posts

Posted by Cerubic > 2021-11-04 15:53 | Report Abuse

Just love to read the comments from you guys especially bang miskin.... informative with a little bit sense of humor

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-11-04 16:11 | Report Abuse

First windfall tax ,then cukai makmur and soon......

Posted by Want2MakeMoney > 2021-11-04 17:43 | Report Abuse

I think I can join Public Bank to become the financial analyst too. hahaha.

Mak_kiah

627 posts

Posted by Mak_kiah > 2021-11-04 19:50 | Report Abuse

just buy.. hartalega is the best!

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-05 08:47 | Report Abuse

Just to clarify that I am not saying that financial analyst report is of no use. In fact it is very useful especially on the market conditions (eg ASP trend, effects of cukai makmur) and where the company's finacial position is heading in the near future. Most if not all of my talking points come from IB analyst reports. However do not take their target price as gospel. If you invest based solely on their target prices, you're going to bleed badly at some point.

Also don't only rely on one financial analyst's report, read a few, and come to your own judgement. Just like any news infomation or facebook/whatsapp posts, if you rely only on one source of info, you'll be easily misled.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-05 09:06 | Report Abuse

Agree @Harry Mak, which is why I am still invested in Harta. With the windfall profit, many glove companies are flush with cash. What matters in the coming year is how to put the money to good use. As long as Harta's manages the company well, I will continue topping up with my extra income.

Harry Mak

126 posts

Posted by Harry Mak > 2021-11-05 09:06 | Report Abuse

what i can see during AGM didn't hide any infor ,reliable and focus in this business, give shareholders confident the business will grow, no worry in 10 years

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-05 09:50 | Report Abuse

Next support 574

Legend

4,119 posts

Posted by Legend > 2021-11-05 09:56 | Report Abuse

U.S. bans imports from fifth Malaysian firm in 15 months over alleged forced labour
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - U.S. customs authorities have banned imports from Malaysian rubber glove maker Smart Glove over alleged forced labour practices, making it the fifth Malaysian firm to face such a ban in the past 15 months.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued a "Withhold Release Order" that prohibits imports from Smart Glove and its group of companies, the CBP said in a statement on Thursday, a decision it said was based on reasonable evidence that indicates "Smart Glove production facilities utilise forced labour".

Smart Glove, which makes gloves used in the medical and food industries, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Malaysian factories - which make everything from palm oil to medical gloves and Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone components - have come under increasing scrutiny over allegations from rights groups and workers of abuse of foreign employees, who form a significant part of the manufacturing workforce.

In its statement, the CBP said its investigation identified seven of the 11 forced labour indicators set out by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) at Smart Glove, but did not say which ones were found.

The ILO indicators include excessive hours, debt bondage, physical and sexual violence, abusive working and living conditions.

The United States banned another glove maker https://www.reuters.com/world/us-bars-malaysian-glove-maker-supermax-over-alleged-labour-abuses-2021-10-21, Supermax Corp, over similar allegations last month. Supermax has said it will speed up a process it had begun in 2019 to meet ILO standards.

Supermax's bigger Malaysian rival Top Glove - the world's largest latex glove maker - was barred by the CBP over similar allegations last July. The ban was lifted last month https://www.reuters.com/business/malaysias-top-glove-says-cleared-resume-business-with-us-2021-09-10 after the company resolved the labour issues.

Palm oil producers Sime Darby Plantation and FGV Holdings have also been banned by the CBP in the last year.

Sime Darby and FGV have both appointed auditors to evaluate their practices and said they would engage with the CBP to address the concerns raised.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-05 10:01 | Report Abuse

Support 571

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-05 10:25 | Report Abuse

Mkt selling on ib target price?

stevenckheng

1,326 posts

Posted by stevenckheng > 2021-11-05 10:39 | Report Abuse

sell, intco med 90 billion glove end of the year

masterus

3,592 posts

Posted by masterus > 2021-11-05 11:16 | Report Abuse

U.S. customs authorities have banned imports from Malaysian rubber glove maker Smart Glove over alleged forced labour practices, making it the fifth Malaysian firm to face such a ban in the past 15 months.

masterus

3,592 posts

Posted by masterus > 2021-11-05 11:17 | Report Abuse

Who next scapegoat of angry us

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-05 16:41 | Report Abuse

Double bottom?
Gap up on Monday!

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-05 18:02 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin Yes, flush with cash. Net Cash is over RM3B as stated in their 2021 annual report. That's money sitting in the bank. Certainly looking forward to more handsome dividends from Harta!

Posted by bang_miskin > Nov 5, 2021 9:06 AM | Report Abuse

Agree @Harry Mak, which is why I am still invested in Harta. With the windfall profit, many glove companies are flush with cash. What matters in the coming year is how to put the money to good use. As long as Harta's manages the company well, I will continue topping up with my extra income.

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-11-05 19:24 | Report Abuse

Just continue to average down. APA takut

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-11-05 23:07 | Report Abuse

Just buy more

Posted by looiting > Nov 5, 2021 7:24 PM | Report Abuse

Just continue to average down. APA takut

Posted by everest29029 > 2021-11-06 08:38 | Report Abuse

The risk of an export ban is real. hartalega is no different from topglove, supermax & smart glove. They were all caught before they took ESG seriously. Will it happen to hartalega is anyone's guess. major investors & institutions are on sidelines. What hope do retailers have....

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2021/05/29/us-probes-2-glove-makers-over-forced-labour-claims-says-report/

Posted by vcpmaster123 > 2021-11-06 09:41 | Report Abuse

Hartalega had been engaging with cbp since October 2020..you are just trying to get a lower price by using fear tactic... Dont be so low class Everest.

Posted by influenza19 > 2021-11-07 07:14 | Report Abuse

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/europe-relapses-covid19-hot-spot-warning-sign-recovery

(Nov 6): Europe has again become an epicentre for the coronavirus, calling into question the region’s efforts to recover from the pandemic.
Despite an abundance of Covid-19 shots, countries from Germany to Greece have reported record infections in recent days, while Romania and Bulgaria are experiencing horrific levels of fatalities and overwhelmed hospitals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/pandemic-travel-news-russia-china-us-domestic-aviation/index.html

(CNN) — Russia and China are fighting record Covid outbreaks, US domestic air travel is set to go from bad to worse

Hopefully malaysia did not be too comfortable and be complacent. We need the economy running again

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-11-07 13:10 | Report Abuse

RSS on Hartalega has been reduced. I think good news is coming out next quarter

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-07 16:42 | Report Abuse

I do not know enough about forced labour issue, so no point for me talking about it. Several glove-makers have been banned for forced labour, so it is normal for investors to be concerned about Harta being on the chopping block. Being investigated requires reasonable suspicion of forced labour, however being indicted requires sufficient appropriate evidence of forced labour. (Sufficient = having enough evidence to reasonably conclude that forced labour is taking place. Appropriate = company's forced labour policy is directly responsible for the said worker's grievance).

Appropriate evidence can be quite tricky. One example of forced labour involves involuntary work. Let's say due to increased demand for gloves, workers worked overtime to meet a certain quota. It would be forced labour if workers are not given the choice to work normal hours. But if would not be forced labour if workers have the choice to work normal hours, but choose to work overtime to earn extra wages.

Finding "sufficient appropriate evidence" requires much more than just "reasonable suspicion". So being investigated does not mean an automatic ban in the future. My gut feeling is that the chance of a ban is low, but I do not rule it out completely.

As an employee myself, I take this matter seriously. It is not okay to mistreat workers even if other companies are do it (so called standard industry practice). I cannot comment further because I do not know the specific accusations. If in the near future, Harta really kena ban because of forced labour findings by CBP, then Harta should rectify this issue asap.

Mini2021

1,444 posts

Posted by Mini2021 > 2021-11-07 17:11 | Report Abuse

RSS on Hartalega has been reduced. They will RSS more after this

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-08 08:29 | Report Abuse

Let them RSS. Harta is already at pre-pandemic price range. If they want to push down below that, my response is, "silakan." They are doing some of us a favour because we are planning to buy more when prices dip.

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-11-08 08:55 | Report Abuse

Moving sideways !

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-08 09:45 | Report Abuse

Resistance 585

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-08 10:26 | Report Abuse

Big purchase at 10:20am. Sold some at RM5.86. Meskipun untung very2 sikit, tapi today lunch can tambah telur.

Noticed trend for the past few trading days that there is a series big purchase around 9:30 to 10:30am, followed by selldown in the afternoon. If this trend continues, can made some small profit day-trading.

Curious trend though.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-08 11:21 | Report Abuse

Uptrend ABC pattern ?...
Target price 595!

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-11-08 14:13 | Report Abuse

@bang_miskin you did well. look at how badly the other glove counters are performing. See money take money. Capital preservation is number one. Profit is the bonus. Harta's upcoming ex-date is probably the only reason why it's still green right now.

Posted by vcpmaster123 > 2021-11-08 14:57 | Report Abuse

If harta can break 5.90 with volume, short term tp1 6.20 tp2 6.6

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-08 15:06 | Report Abuse

Thanks @jolynce, there's always a chance to buy low. Today Harta is performing well, partly because of dividend, and partly because ESG risks was reduced in light of recent news (credit to @biscuitboy96 link)

Another spike at 2.54pm, followed by a sell-off by proft takers. There is definitely interest in this counter. I suspect they may be big funds. Just one time sapu the counter, not even looking for bargains.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-08 15:46 | Report Abuse

Support 580
Broken- run?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-11-08 16:15 | Report Abuse

@casanwk For the past few trading days I observed a sharp spike in price followed by a gradual sell-off. I am just guessing here, but someone (large funds?) may be sapuing this counter big time, followed by lot's of small volume sales (retailers take profit/cut loss?). Since someone is accumulating big time, price should remain quite stable, even increasing for the time being. But when this special someone stop accumulating, prepare for a fall just like other glove counters.

PS: Please don't invest based on my kaki-lima-tilik-analisis. There's a good chance I may be observing patterns when there is none.

apple168

6,236 posts

Posted by apple168 > 2021-11-08 16:16 |

Post removed.Why?

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-11-08 21:44 | Report Abuse

It will be break tomorrow

Posted by casanwk > Nov 8, 2021 9:45 AM | Report Abuse

Resistance 585

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-11-08 21:44 | Report Abuse

Many analysts still suggest to buy

Hartalega Holdings Berhad - Weaker Quarters Ahead
Source : PUBLIC BANK, Price Call : HOLD, Price Target : 6.13
Last Price : 5.83, Upside/Downside : +0.30(5.15%)

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-11-09 12:02 | Report Abuse

Dj future drop 100 points
?????

Mini2021

1,444 posts

Posted by Mini2021 > 2021-11-09 12:32 | Report Abuse

DJ will drop 10,000 points

Mini2021

1,444 posts

Posted by Mini2021 > 2021-11-09 12:33 | Report Abuse