MALAYSIA SMELTING CORPORATION

KLSE (MYR): MSC (5916)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.14 (5.86%)

Day's Change

2.38 - 2.54

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

4,929 comment(s). Last comment by kl_guy 28 minutes ago

freddiehero

16,721 posts

Posted by freddiehero > 2022-03-17 07:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by positiontrader > 2022-03-17 19:30 | Report Abuse

My Technical Analysis on MSC based on the perspective of a Positional Trader

The Super Bull Run of MSC started around early November 2020. The price had moved from 70 sen to as high as 5.46 early this month Mar. 2022. An increased of 7.8 times.
Any upside potential from here may be limited. Chasing MSC at this price may be very risky. Just beware - Rubber gloves buyers got burnt badly when they chased the glove stocks for bonus issue and end up a big losers.
IMO, MSC may be near the end of the super bull run. The beginning of a bearish downward movement may comes soon. The timing depends on the big speculators and Insiders

Buy high and sell higher is a very risky trade for this counter at this current price. Prefer to stay away from this counter. There are hundreds of counters that have move upside potential than MSC

dchin472

326 posts

Posted by dchin472 > 2022-03-17 21:03 | Report Abuse

no will continue hold msc it is getting fantastic result in the next few quarter

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2022-03-17 21:46 | Report Abuse

Why higher tin prices won’t hurt demand
Tin is commonly known as the ‘spice metal’ because a little bit of tin is in virtually everything.

But it tends to be found in such small quantities that demand is relatively inelastic.

Around half of global tin supply goes into solder for electronics. While it’s a key component it is a tiny fraction of the raw material cost of most consumer items.

Thompson says while the world is tipping hundreds of billions into expanding semi-conductor production, it has neglected to invest in new tin supply.

“We’ve got almost nothing in the supply chain in terms of new projects coming on stream anytime soon,” he said.

“We’ve got background global economic growth, which is on a sort of 2% consumption growth, and particularly coming from the electronics sector, which is growing at somewhere between 9-14%.

“The world has committed, I think, of the order of US$600 billion to new semiconductor capacity. So far, the world has committed $0 for any new tin capacity for the solder to join those electronic components together.

“And then on top of that, you’ve got the green energy revolution which will potentially add another 2-3% per annum demand growth, maybe even quite a bit more than that. And basically that cannot happen.

“There is zero probability, zero, of the tin market growing by 100,000 tonnes of supply by 2030.”

The one gram of tin in an iPhone retailing for thousands of dollars is worth just 5c even at current high prices, Thompson said.

“There is no tin price where Apple will stop making iPhones,” he said.

“You’ve got about five to eight grams in a washing machine, so you’re talking about 25-50c of tin in a $500 item. There probably isn’t a tin price where Bosch stops making washing machines. So it’s highly, highly inelastic demand on the electronics sector.”

It is also virtually unsubstitutable in most applications.

They include tin sulphide, a chemical used to stop plastics decaying in UV sunlight, tin cans, which have a thin layer of tin bearing anti-microbial properties worth just 1.8c which has not been bettered since the Napoleonic Wars, lead-acid batteries, specialty alloys like bronze and the Pilkington Process, used to make flat glass.

“It’s a fairly unique metal, multiple uses in billions and billions and billions of consumer items in very small quantities and very small value amounts. So because of that profile the price really pretty much could go to anything,” Thompson said.

Goldberg

2,918 posts

Posted by Goldberg > 2022-03-18 13:18 | Report Abuse

Dato’ Dr. Patrick Yong, Group Chief Executive Officer of MSC said, “Although 2021 was a year of continued challenges globally, MSC stayed resilient and delivered a stellar financial performance for the year. The tin supply deficit is forecasted to continue, which will sustain tin prices in the short to medium term. At the same time, tin demand remains robust in line with the global growth of :-
1-Electric vehicles,
2-Photovoltaic installations and
3-Consumer electronics, among others.

This bodes well for the Group.”

“Against this backdrop, we remain steadfast on our efforts to enhance the Group’s operational efficiencies while managing escalating logistics and operating costs.”
“With the lifting of the force majeure, we are accepting tin ores from customers to be smelted. At the moment, we are smelting the backlog of tin ore accumulated from the pandemic. We are delighted to update that the Pulau Indah smelting facility has reached 75% capacity and expect full production in 2022. The full commissioning of the Pulau Indah plant is expected to improve extractive yields, lower manpower costs as well as our carbon footprint.”
”Concurrently, we are also running the Butterworth smelter in parallel. We plan to de-commission this plant in the next 2 to 3 years when we achieve smooth operations at Pulau Indah. We anticipate our financial performance to improve as we phase out production at the Butterworth plant.”
“Meanwhile, our tin mining business has delivered a strong performance in FY21, being a direct beneficiary of high tin prices. Despite the FMCO, we have successfully increased the daily mining output at the Rahman Hydraulic Tin mine in Klian Intan, thanks to our efforts to mechanise operations and introduce new technologies at the mine. We look forward to an even higher mining productivity in 2022, barring any unforeseen circumstances.”

PureBULL ...

2,537 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 2022-03-18 14:48 | Report Abuse

A TALE OF 2 MKTS

1) 80% of KLSE stocks r in down trending zone: weekly price, C < ema18 = bear, n C < ema42 = giant bear
TECH, a major sector love by players, is in giant purebear.
A good showing in Nasdaq is providing the impetus for our TECH stocks to REBOUND well from low bases.
It is like reversion to the mean as economists called it.

2) < 10% of stocks r UP trending: weekly price, C > ema18 = pureBULL
The fear of that war escalating to WW3, has caused lots of heavy selling on all stocks, including those in uptrending.
As down trend stocks rebound, confidence will gradually flow back to up trend stocks...

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-03-18 15:13 | Report Abuse

Nice....
Huat ah

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-03-18 15:15 | Report Abuse

AHAHAHAHAHAHA...
THATS ME LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK...
AHAHAHA

planta

269 posts

Posted by planta > 2022-03-18 15:23 | Report Abuse

Knn cut loss too early this morning

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2022-03-18 15:25 | Report Abuse

haha, when down badly scold sifu, must have follow sifu tips and lost money?

When up, all very quiet....

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2022-03-18 15:30 | Report Abuse

not very fair leh...

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2022-03-18 15:33 | Report Abuse

I think both sifu Purebull and OTB also like MSC.

I also quite like MSC...

planta

269 posts

Posted by planta > 2022-03-18 15:56 | Report Abuse

I like it also buy damn some people put high sell queue and slowly collect at lower price.
When almost reach the price, the sell queue suddenly all missing and price goes up.
Macam got ppl purposely collect at low leh

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-03-18 16:31 | Report Abuse

Ok no more fighting in msc forum..

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-03-18 16:31 | Report Abuse

Now all peace ok..

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-03-18 16:32 | Report Abuse

No more personal attacks.
Only state facts.. good or bad its ok.
But only facts
Sharing is caring.
:-))))

vegebotak

1,071 posts

Posted by vegebotak > 2022-03-18 17:10 | Report Abuse

simple jer, u think bull run over then sell lor , if u think this is just beginning then just buy lo.

if u think in future tin price will drop n no demand then sell lor , again if u think got demand n the price of tin can maintain or up then just buy in.

price movement no buddy can predict what we can know is to foresee the tin mkt.....

what i can see is more n more industry need tin la.... more n more technology sector n biz no matter up or down stream they also need tin. Tin is a un-avoidable material to produce tech products.

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2022-03-18 17:27 | Report Abuse

Tin: The most-traded SHFE 2205 tin closed down 0.48% or 1,590 yuan/mt at 327,890 yuan/mt, with open interest up 130 lots to 29,498 lots.

SHFE warrants inventory dropped 231 mt to 2,266 mt, which is a normal result during the delivery of SHFE 2203. Nonetheless, it is still the lowest level since the Chinese New Year, indicating that the accumulated stocks during the CNY holiday have almost been consumed, and market supply has been relatively tight.

In the spot market, transactions were thin under tight supplies, and some smelters were holding firm to the prices. The downstream demand was also impacted by the repeating pandemic, resulting in a modest spot market.

Posted by samchong6891 > 2022-03-18 21:00 | Report Abuse

Ya lo no more fighting plz..if dont confident just go another counter ..

PureBULL ...

2,537 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 2022-03-19 15:40 | Report Abuse

PALM OIL PRICES R DOWN FAST

Palm oil stocks had a great 1st half run seen for now.
They r having PT that could turn into IM.
I hope this IM is short n shallow = then there is an opportunity for the 2nd half run.

NB: epf is selling like crazzy in the big palm oil stocks for next rm10k withdrawals.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/BfUuEzyz/

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-03-20 14:21 |

Post removed.Why?

PureBULL ...

2,537 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 2022-03-20 14:25 | Report Abuse

WE REACH HIGHER, yes or YES

World # 1 Hedgee, Ray Dalio described
warren B in 1 word, BRILLIANT.,.

warren said CAGR is the # 8 wonders, esply applying to stock.investing returns.,.

warren made himself rich n famous as the world # 1 best.,.
he CAGR at abt 26%.,.

that # means
CAGR at 26% for 10 yrs = 10 X
for 20 yrs = 10 X 10 = 100 X = warren did that for his stock, BRKA to be world famous.,.
n he did it 40 yrs, 100 X 100 = 10,000 X.,. ++

We can reach HIGHER at CAGR 31% for 10 yrs or cycles = 20 X.,.
Let us AIM CAGR 26 TO 31% PER CYCLE.,. 2 to 4 cycles p.a.

warren B is the ever lasting n the only ever green actor till now when he taichow his stock, BRKA
from usd 50 to $512,990 a share today.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/2pTeVvl2/

many of his quotes r for his s/holders like implying that his s/holders must learn to hold BRKA at least 10 years.
how is he so confident?
warren is known to be a math genius.
he knows how CAGR works n i.e. exactly he is doing for BRKA..

in msia, never plan to hold a stock for 10 years.
go after growth stocks at their growing months n i.e. it.
be guided, stocks go up 10% of its time n the large balance is either down or sideway.

warren concludes for us with his 2 best pts on stock.investing:
1) CAGR is the 8th wonder of the world
2) Rule # 1 Never loss money n
Rule # 2 repeat Rule # 1 to reach HIGHER...

The key to building wealth is CAGR n = NEVER loss in a cycle for CAGR to work forever!
warren is so BRILLIANT indeed.,.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_PVKNUtLw&ab_channel=GloriaEstefanVEVO

Posted by positiontrader > 2022-03-21 11:51 | Report Abuse

When at the end of a Super Bull Cycle -
The correct strategy for MSC is - Any technical rebound is the good opportunity to sell/unload your buy position
Cheers

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-03-21 14:35 | Report Abuse

Tin going up lerr...
Poohtin in charge now..
His name got tin inside..
PoohTIN
thats how i know its going up...
Huat ah..

Posted by MissingPuzzles > 2022-03-21 20:52 | Report Abuse

Can any Sifu here explain how to know when a stock has reached its end of Super Bull Cycle?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2022-03-22 18:48 | Report Abuse

When Tom & dick or pasar malam aunties or uncles start talking the particular counter.
High Probably its time to cut your position fast.

Posted by positiontrader > 2022-03-22 19:22 | Report Abuse

Posted by MissingPuzzles > 22 hours ago | Report Abuse

Can any Sifu here explain how to know when a stock has reached its end of Super Bull Cycle?

My comment:
Buy some books on Technical Analysis and Charting

You need to spend some money and at least a few years to study and paper trades based on technical analysis

There is no free lunch in the stock market

Posted by MissingPuzzles > 2022-03-22 20:20 | Report Abuse

No problem, thank you!

PureBULL ...

2,537 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 2022-03-23 17:16 | Report Abuse

PureBULL >>>, [2022-03-22 4:20 PM]
THE BEST GLOBAL BIZ NOW IS

EV n ES MATERIAL stocks for rechargeable battery, for long term growing values in this century.
n the v best stocks in msia r:
EV.METAL stocks in PMBTECH, MSC n then PMETAL

WHY can't 1 research guy in IB or SBC sees this huge OPPORTUNITY at its infant stage, n begins calling it EV.METAL for portfolio CORE HOLDINGS on the long haul?

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/future_tech/2022-03-22-story-h1620411126-Global_lithium_ion_battery_capacity_may_rise_five_fold_by_2030_Wood_Mac

I stare at stock charts at more than a full time job = will have no time to do marketing.

be guided by
BUY WHAT MR MKT WANTS TO PLAY UP; 2 to 4 cycles p.a. i.e.
a. 2 cycles of Growth Investing
25 to 50% up to even 100%

b. 2 cycles of Value Investing
10 to 25% up on REBOUND like happening in TECH stocks now, from their ocean level pricing.
I will have new job to do on how to max REBOUND cycles...

TECH STOCKS R GIANT PUREBEAR

could enjoy the top of this euphoric REBOUND soon.
as always, when a peak is established, spinning the top a few times to form a diamond pattern n then program selling takes over.

NB: Theme.Play takes precedence in msian mkt. its TECH now, n all others have to take the back seats.

IT'S HUGE ENERGY OR POWER SUPPLY CRISIS
in cina n europar.

EV.METALS, r energy guzzlers n will require tonnes of power to produce at close to 100% content.
Our msia has LOTS of LOW priced green energy:
PMETAL, aluminum n PMBTECH, silicon r using hydro electric of Bakun n cousins of dams.
n MSC, tin uses natural gas. tin smelting should be the lucrative biz now after 120 yrs for this grand old stock.

awesome20

1,186 posts

Posted by awesome20 > 2022-03-23 17:26 | Report Abuse

this one sepak takraw company?

Posted by roulette811 > 2022-03-23 18:24 | Report Abuse

@PureBULL as alwiz, thanks.

Posted by samchong6891 > 2022-03-23 21:46 | Report Abuse

Sifu purebull will interest rate going up impact tin price ?

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2022-03-24 10:59 | Report Abuse

see tbktimah, yunnan tin, alphamin resource, indicative of tin under a big trend due to new market for tin.

dalpinia

2,299 posts

Posted by dalpinia > 2022-03-28 15:12 | Report Abuse

cheoky

see tbktimah, yunnan tin, alphamin resource, indicative of tin under a big trend due to new market for tin.

Actually, MSC potential is bigger than Yunnan & TBK Timah, as MSC just completed their new plant at the right timing

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2022-03-29 15:08 | Report Abuse

My feeling tell me tomorrow start to close green till friday.
Wish me lucks

Zhuge_Liang

2,415 posts

Posted by Zhuge_Liang > 2022-03-30 08:32 |

Post removed.Why?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2022-03-30 08:59 | Report Abuse

No worry ,for those who kawan MSC.
Once qtr out, msc going to challenges its Historical all time high.
Thus, perrish the chances as where it is now $4.60(neutral in short term) nia

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2022-04-01 14:25 | Report Abuse

go la. bro already broke new high.

VTrade

2,434 posts

Posted by VTrade > 2022-04-01 14:43 | Report Abuse

Buy on dip

vegebotak

1,071 posts

Posted by vegebotak > 2022-04-02 09:30 | Report Abuse

Tin up 1500 usd

Zhuge_Liang

2,415 posts

Posted by Zhuge_Liang > 2022-04-04 10:17 |

Post removed.Why?

dchin472

326 posts

Posted by dchin472 > 2022-04-04 10:52 | Report Abuse

What statement to support it will crash?

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-04-04 12:49 | Report Abuse

Slowly but surely...

Goldberg

2,918 posts

Posted by Goldberg > 2022-04-04 15:03 | Report Abuse

FYI Folks.

Issuance by AMMB of MSC Call warrants - to be listed tomorrow.

https://klse1.i3investor.com/servlets/anpth/1679538.jsp

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2022-04-04 15:36 | Report Abuse

Msc is a good pick by sifu OTB. Those attacked him owned his an apology...

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 2022-04-04 15:42 | Report Abuse

those chased high loss money... those with patience n bought on weakness win...
History repeat again.

PureBULL ...

2,537 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 2022-04-04 16:33 | Report Abuse

Stock: [MSC]: MALAYSIA SMELTING CORP BHD
Mar 23, 2022 5:16 PM | Report Abuse

PureBULL >>>, [2022-03-22 4:20 PM]
THE BEST GLOBAL BIZ NOW IS

EV n ES MATERIAL stocks for rechargeable battery, for long term growing values in this century.
n the v best stocks in msia r:
EV.METAL stocks in PMBTECH, MSC n then PMETAL

WHY can't 1 research guy in IB or SBC sees this huge OPPORTUNITY at its infant stage, n begins calling it EV.METAL for portfolio CORE HOLDINGS on the long haul?

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/future_tech/2022-03-22-sto...

I stare at stock charts at more than a full time job = will have no time to do marketing.

be guided by
BUY WHAT MR MKT WANTS TO PLAY UP; 2 to 4 cycles p.a. i.e.
a. 2 cycles of Growth Investing
25 to 50% up to even 100%

b. 2 cycles of Value Investing
10 to 25% up on REBOUND like happening in TECH stocks now, from their ocean level pricing.
I will have new job to do on how to max REBOUND cycles...

TECH STOCKS R GIANT PUREBEAR

could enjoy the top of this euphoric REBOUND soon.
as always, when a peak is established, spinning the top a few times to form a diamond pattern n then program selling takes over.

NB: Theme.Play takes precedence in msian mkt. its TECH now, n all others have to take the back seats.

IT'S HUGE ENERGY OR POWER SUPPLY CRISIS
in cina n europar.

EV.METALS, r energy guzzlers n will require tonnes of power to produce at close to 100% content.
Our msia has LOTS of LOW priced green energy:
PMETAL, aluminum n PMBTECH, silicon r using hydro electric of Bakun n cousins of dams.
n MSC, tin uses natural gas. tin smelting should be the lucrative biz now after 120 yrs for this grand old stock.

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-04-04 16:58 | Report Abuse

@klee
Where u??
AHAHAHA THATS,ME LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK...

Posted by supersinginvestor > 2022-04-04 19:26 | Report Abuse

U jokers like purebull n gang dont understand economics lerr...
Black swan event...
Gold for roubles has happened....
Means usd worthless n new money is comodities...

Post a Comment