KOSSAN RUBBER INDUSTRIES BHD

KLSE (MYR): KOSSAN (7153)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.08 (3.64%)

Day's Change

2.06 - 2.19

Trading Volume

19 people like this.

15,971 comment(s). Last comment by Chipee 1 hour ago

Apple1234

853 posts

Posted by Apple1234 > 2020-06-20 10:45 | Report Abuse

Think it, compare Topglove, Harta, Supermax, the gap of earning which company can let you earn maximum profit? Accept the facts guys. Kossan is good company correct, but the growth is too slow. Opportunity wont come every time, dont keep continue hypnosis yourself. Of course if your guys dont want think about (maximize your profit) than go ahead, but i need to told you opportunity wont come every time. If you lost the money you can earn back, if lose the time you cant earn back. Final my point is choose the company that can (maximize your profit)****. See the every day volume you will know it, be smart investor.

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2020-06-20 10:58 | Report Abuse

Keyman188 don't know far far calculation...

Just take 1 quarter PE comparison enough based on latest closing price...

TopGlove = 113

Harta = 352

Kossan = 163

Supermx = 137

Keyman188 don't know far far calculation...

Just take 1 quarter Gross Profit Margin comparison enough...

TopGlove = 25.00%

Harta = 17.69%

Kossan = 13.50%

Supermx = 21.30%

Posted by Fellowship of the ring > 2020-06-20 14:47 | Report Abuse

Buy now and make 15%-20% in a few months better than keep in bank. This stock is so safe.
TG is also so safe , harta is also so safe. But black panther im not so sure ...... just my opinion

Posted by Fellowship of the ring > 2020-06-20 14:52 | Report Abuse

Hater please stay away , go play far3 , dowan to buy just keep your comments to yourself. Go comment on the stock that you wanna buy. Kekeke

Aramco

1,560 posts

Posted by Aramco > 2020-06-20 16:51 | Report Abuse

Commentaries on The Recent Glove Sector Selldown Since Top Glove Results Announcement

When Covid-19 was still known as Novel Coronavirus in end Jan and before a full blown pandemic, during a round of golf, a seasoned investor whom I was having a game with told me to buy Supermax. The price was RM1.70 then. I refused as my biggest reservation was the past political issues of the founder. Clearly, I was wrong

I wanted to be patient to wait for results earnings before I make a call which is my style.I couldn't believe how crazy the sector rerated as retailers, research analysts and promoters were pushing Big 4 and other lesser known / loss making glove players. To me it has become like a "Tulip Mania". But I was wrong when Top Glove released the results last week. It was off the charts. They were right.

Now fast forward to today, the entire sector appears to be facing sell off due to a variety of reasons. I won't address it here one by one but will deal with it in a later article. I will only say this - the gloves sector retractment / selloff is a godsend opportunity to those who missed the ride. Whoever entered earlier and is taking profit now, congratulations, you or the fund did well hence taking profit off the table is good discipline.

BUT, this is a good opportunity to collect Topglove, Supermax, Kossan and Hartalega (in order of position) because fundamentally, this will be a record run never seen in our history and it is a culmination of 30-40 years since the industry was built by the pioneers back when there were over 300 players competing. What you see today are the reward being reaped after years of innovation, persistence, competition by these manufacturers who built their business on solid foundation that even China manufacturers with their skilled copycat / technology innovation cannot compete. Malaysia glove sector is an industry that controls 65% of world market share not by sheer luck or opportunistic play. It is years of organic growth backed by natural resources, technology innovation, R&D which has won the trust, certification and global reputation for the country.

This is my view and I hope it will clear some of the confusion / anxiety / worry faced by my fellow investors. Rather than throw your money into syndicated promoted goreng stocks with poor fundamentals, have a little faith in our Malaysian industrialist who have toiled and sweat more than 30 years to play a big role in fighting covid-19 global pandemic and protecting frontliners with their products. Their valuation is more than justified and I believe this is one of the best opportunities in the market right now

Aramco

1,560 posts

Posted by Aramco > 2020-06-20 16:53 | Report Abuse

1. Hartalega - would always command a premium over the rest (founder Mr Kuan - is an industry titan / pioneer) with strong balance sheet and state of the art facility / technology.

2. Top Glove is the ever expanding, aggressive, high profile number 2 chasing Hartalega market leader (market cap) position. What made me hesitant was the huge debts taken to expand - perpetual sukuk. I never liked overly aggressive business philosophy. However, today Topglove is reaping the full benefit due to their aggressive growth model.

3. Kossan was the number 3, steady, expanding with good margin glove player who was not as aggressive as Topglove but reliable and willing to work hard to fulfil their OEM client needs whilst carving their own niche is technical gloves.

4. Supermax was the OBM player who had fluctuating performance, and margin that was lower with a less healthy balance sheet. Today, Supermax OBM model is paying off benefiting from full ASP increase.

Aramco

1,560 posts

Posted by Aramco > 2020-06-20 17:09 | Report Abuse

In Conclusion, Is the Glove Sector a "Tulip Mania" or Is Further Upside Justified?

As for Covid, this began in December 2019 and is still ongoing; no vaccine has been found and approved yet. That said, we have only witness 1 quarter of glove sector earnings performance and it was already mind blowing:

(i) Top Glove tripled;
(ii) Supermax doubled whilst;
(iii) Hartalega unfortunately fell 5%.

Based on our findings, consensus is looking at explosive earnings growth of 2-5x (at peak levels) while the most bullish analyst in town is estimating 3-9x increase. However, share prices only jumped 2-5x unlike during H1N1 where it doubled that of earnings growth; this clearly suggest that glove stocks potentially still have legs to run further. Moreover, valuations look attractive:

1. Top Glove is trading at 18x P/E vs 5-year average of 22x. When we take the EPS of the most bullish analyst, P/E is only 11x.

2. Supermax is trading at 24x P/E vs 5-year average of 14x. At glance appear demanding but if we use the EPS of the most bullish analyst, P/E drops to 16x while for the broker that estimated RM1b profit, P/E is seen to drop to only 9x.

3. Hartalega is trading at 46x P/E vs 5-year average of 32x. Again, it would fall to 28x if we use the EPS of the most bullish analyst.

Thus, we believe the recent selldown presents a good opportunity to consider accumulating; this is in spite of the concerns of windfall tax and massive capacity expansion of peers in China.

1. Historical Valuation and Future Earnings

Firstly, we feel consensus is a little too conservative (2-5x) and should play catch up to the earnings projection of the most bullish analyst (3-9x); this is because the impact of Covid-19 is far more profound than H1N1 but consensus is forecasting only similar earnings growth profile (2-4x). Hence, assuming the windfall tax is to shave some 20% of profit projected by the most bullish analyst, P/E for Top Glove, Supermax & Hartalega is estimated to rise to 14x, 11x & 35x, respectively; when compared against historical average, valuation of Top Glove & Supermax still appear to be inexpensive.

2. The Rising Might of China

As for the massive capacity expansion by Chinese peers, it will take more than the course of 2 years. Building an automated technology driven manufacturing facility is not the same as building a makeshift hospitals in 10 days. Certifications, compliance with FDA, global audit / scrutiny / need for transparency are all prerequisite to become a global supplier of gloves. Additionally, our local glove players will also have similar plans and should be able to defend their market shares. Besides, a prolonged trade war with the US may not bode so well for Chinese players. Europe, US, Australia (G7) have taken a very protective stance against the rise of China resulting in distrust, tariff wars and propaganda attacks. Therefore, all in all, we are not overly disturbed with what they are attempting to achieve.

3. Change in Behavioral Pattern / New Normal

We think after the Covid-19 episode, the awareness of good hygiene has increased and will further support the demand for gloves. Moreover, the % of glove cost to total healthcare expenditure is relatively insignificant. Thus, glove prices may hold better than what most people think after Covid-19.

After considering all of the above, it is too premature to call it game over for the glove sector. Currently, there are only a handful of industries that can depict strong visible earnings growth. Furthermore, there are fears of a 2nd wave of Covid-19. Overall, consensus has a TP of RM20.28 (most bullish analyst: RM25) for Top Glove, RM8.22 (most bullish analyst: RM11) for Supermax & RM11.58 (most bullish analyst: RM17.50) for Hartalega. For us, we would not bet against these Malaysian industrialist who managed to put Malaysia on a global limelight. Of course this is our humble view, now it is your move

Aramco

1,560 posts

Posted by Aramco > 2020-06-20 17:16 | Report Abuse

Why @mf keep spamming negative news at all Gloves stocks ?
1) He misses the boat on Gloves stocks super bull and jealous
2) Most of his investment are O&G stocks (not moving) and some penny/ABC stocks.
I alrd check his past/present history comments at mf profile
3) He almost or alrd lost his pant off , low sai / bankrupt

Note: We should forgive n pity this dumber/retard or sochai mistake

DJoker89 Mf not much money to invest, he need to sing vaccine song until the price drop cheap cheap till the price he can afford. Not his fault, but he didn't realised his action only create hatred and more curse to himself...

@mf it may sound smart plan but it's look retard and ineffective in a way yeah.

Mabel

23,519 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2020-06-20 20:18 | Report Abuse

Good stuffs Aramco...

As for me, fortunately no margin call for me..

Rest assured, I'm fully committed to continue to stay on board with the Fantastic Four ever since Teresa announced that Malaysia is donating 18 million Gloves to China early this year. Beside helping China, these Gloves Fantastic Four are also helping World Community to fight this pandemic Covid19. So when comes to Gloves, it's about giving back after winning so much. Money hereby become secondary.

I have already locked my profits for the Gloves Fantastic Four. So no issues holding the remaining shares in the Fantastic Four. From now any new addition will only be confined to Hartalega and Top Gloves.

Meow Meow Meow Meow

SK1008

110 posts

Posted by SK1008 > 2020-06-21 22:22 | Report Abuse

NEW CALL WARRANTS. LOW PRICES ARE BIG TRAP.

2 new Top Glove call warrants were listed on Friday 19/6/2020.
Topglov C79 and Topglov C80.

(1) Topglov C79
Exercise Price: 26.00
Exercise ratio: 22:1
Maturity date : 26/2/21
Life span : 8 months warrant
Closing price on 19/6/2020 = 0.29
Closing price of mother share = 15.40
Premium = [(0.29x22)+26.00]/15.40 =2.1026 or 110.26%
(2) Topglov C80
Exercise price: 19.88
Exercise ratio: 22:1
Maturity date : 29/1/2021
Life span : 7 months warrant
Closing price on 19/6/2020 = 0.325
Premium = [(0.325x22)+19.88]/15.40 = 1.7552 or 75.52%

The issuer of the Call Warrants has manipulated the Bid and Ask prices even on the first day of trading to trap all buyers at very high premiums.

New buyers are attracted by the LOW PRICES of about 0.30 range instead of the many old warrants trading at a dollar or more. In actual fact all these low priced warrants are very much more riskier at ridiculously high premiums.

Lets compare with an older call warrant Topglov C74,
(3) Topglov C74
Exercise price: 8.00
Exercise ratio: 7:1
Maturity date : 22/3/2021
Life span : 9 months
Closing price on 19/6/2020 = 1.20
Premium = [(1.20x7)+8]/15.40 =1.0649 or 6.49%

In summary, Topglov C79 Topglov C80 Topglov C74
Life span 8 months 7 months 9 months
Premium 110.26% 75.52% 6.49%
Very simple analysis, C74 has a longer life span and yet is only trading at a low premium of 6.49%. Big big difference.

Last reminder, try to avoid NEW Call Warrants at the present moment. IB is trapping new buyers.

I do keep some C74 but my major investment is in the mother shares.

peppapig

21 posts

Posted by peppapig > 2020-06-22 08:03 | Report Abuse

if you itchy hand need to touch the TG's CWs, go for C77. That is the best selection mixture. Gearing at 2.46 ( you are leveraging , go for max ), premium at 10% deem reasonable, at the unit price of 0.625, it will draw more interest over C74 which is price at 1.20.

Louise4

389 posts

Posted by Louise4 > 2020-06-22 09:58 | Report Abuse

Nigerian researchers announce COVID-19 vaccine
A team of Nigerian scientists has announced the discovery of a preventive vaccine against the novel coronavirus, local media reported Saturday.

lsyiat

82 posts

Posted by lsyiat > 2020-06-22 11:34 | Report Abuse

Really disappointed to kossan daily movement

Posted by SMART INVESTING STRATEGY > 2020-06-22 12:27 | Report Abuse

KOSSAN WILL ENTER TOP 30 INDEX LISTED COMPANY blue chip on 22/12/2020

all fund manager terpaksa buy in ,make kossan price to RM 16 SHOOT UP

Posted by jasmine teo > 2020-06-22 14:25 | Report Abuse

brazil want more gloves can call them exchange with coffee... barter trade

megat36

175 posts

Posted by megat36 > 2020-06-22 16:05 | Report Abuse

what happen to kossan?nobody push price.epf buying ma...

Posted by AnchoviesswimwithSha > 2020-06-22 16:07 | Report Abuse

Kossan is uncle auntie counter lah....movement also like uncle auntie hahaha

dlau8899

915 posts

Posted by dlau8899 > 2020-06-22 23:42 | Report Abuse

Dow up more than 300 point, kossan may rebound to 8.80

Apple1234

853 posts

Posted by Apple1234 > 2020-06-23 00:50 | Report Abuse

AnchoviesswimwithSha: Yes, Kossan dont have any strong story point at this covid-19. Kossan share price will up, is true, i no say that Kossan no good, is good. But the company growth too slow. Example topglove: from 4.21 to 18, you can calculate the gap of profit how much can earn? For topglove now result share prices fair value at least need stand above RM 20, eps 13.5 director give 10 cents big dividend. Topglove have 50% dividend policy, now eps 13.5 give you 10 cents dividend, you think director dont know how to calculate? Is it a signal for September result will be very good? Kossan from 3.92 to 9, you can calculate how the gap of profit compare to Topglove, Supermax and Harta? Yes, Kossan maybe will go until RM11 if you hold it for long time, but you need calculate the gap of profit you can earn. If you want maximize your profit, switch your money to Topglove, Harta and Supermax, because the result will growth faster than Kossan. If you is uncle aunty style, than you can hold it. You can see Kossan daily trade volume is very very small compare to other glove company. This also because director of Kossan too conservative and always delay. For as investors the things we need to do is maximize our profit right? Facts you must accept, fight win me you cant earn any money and financial freedom. As investor, (maximize your profits)*** is most important, grab the opportunity and don't fall in love with any company.

Sami_Value

430 posts

Posted by Sami_Value > 2020-06-23 09:56 | Report Abuse

already warned , avoid penis gloves, see, don't want to listen, kena liao lor

Careplus = Kena Phuck
HLT = Ho Lang Tiu sudah
Rubberex = Rubbish-Rex

OngKawKaw

3,283 posts

Posted by OngKawKaw > 2020-06-23 14:05 | Report Abuse

Sami~ Like this you also can pusing Lol

Posted by only_best_buy > 2020-06-23 15:23 |

Post removed.Why?

mf

28,187 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-23 17:39 | Report Abuse

Coronavirus live updates: Chinese firm gets approval for potential vaccine trials; euro zone downturn eases
PUBLISHED MON, JUN 22 20207:43 AM EDTUPDATED 16 MIN AGO

Posted by Jackson9090 > 2020-06-23 23:22 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Jackson9090 > 2020-06-23 23:24 |

Post removed.Why?

sammofee

215 posts

Posted by sammofee > 2020-06-24 08:46 | Report Abuse

inside news next quarter kossan profit off the charts.

Posted by jasmine teo > 2020-06-24 09:57 | Report Abuse

pakisan today covid jump 4471 cases

Posted by jasmine teo > 2020-06-24 09:59 | Report Abuse

world corona virus hit 9 mil

Posted by jasmine teo > 2020-06-24 10:01 | Report Abuse

covid up kossan up...

didi

61 posts

Posted by didi > 2020-06-24 10:33 | Report Abuse

kossan expensive than supermax

sammofee

215 posts

Posted by sammofee > 2020-06-24 14:16 | Report Abuse

hi bro @only_best_buy you and mf brothers or same person but different account? Just wandering

juon

275 posts

Posted by juon > 2020-06-24 23:01 | Report Abuse

Tsunami coming , boh chow ccc arrrr

SK1008

110 posts

Posted by SK1008 > 2020-06-25 08:19 | Report Abuse

Dow Jones up or down, business of Glove companies are not affected.
They are the clear beneficiaries of the Pandemic. Profit determines share price of a company.

In actual fact, the surge in coronavirus cases that contributed to the drop in Dow Jones is not a negative for Glove companies.The time for the vaccine to be found and to be produced in HUGE quantity and made available and effectively administered onto human beings is the factor that will influence the share prices of the Glove companies.

Have faith in Glove counters.

Posted by Fellowship of the ring > 2020-06-25 17:55 | Report Abuse

Epf buying non stop

jiunn

866 posts

Posted by jiunn > 2020-06-26 14:20 | Report Abuse

^^^GLOVE MAKERS "WASHOUT" - GET READY FOR A BIG MOVE HIGHER!!!

Glove stocks market moved lower early on June 2 and June 3. We could see this is a "washout low" price rotation following a technical pattern that will prompt a much higher rally in glove market. This type of washout pricing rotation is fairly common before very big moves after bullish pennant/flag formation or just after reaching major price trigger levels. Also, we believe fund managers have taken this as good opportunities consider hedging their portfolio positioning in glove markets at this time.

With gloves, almost a month sideways pennant/flag formation has been setting up near Pitchfork's indicator that use three parallel trendlines in identify possible levels of support and resistance as well as potential breakout and breakdown levels. We believe this washout rotation is a process of running through the Long Stops just below recent price activity that will end with a defined upside price rally over the next 2-5 days period.

My Bets: Get ready. this should be a really nice upside price swing in glove over the next 6 months or longer. Pay attention to any breakout on BM healthcare index - the clear leader which I posted in the last review that to rally higher by about 15 - 30% - setting up new price highs for all glove makers!

Huat Huat ARRRR!!! Happy Trading and Stay well!!

Posted by Bursa_final_winner > 2020-06-26 16:34 | Report Abuse

they said IDSS is coming back & think Glove stocks are overpriced, should I cut loss? Saw many are selling.

Posted by secrect investor 8888 > 2020-06-26 16:55 |

Post removed.Why?

mf

28,187 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-26 22:23 | Report Abuse

BREAKING
Dow slides more than 450 points after Texas rolls back reopening amid spike in coronavirus cases

mf

28,187 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-27 15:46 | Report Abuse

China to Fast-Track Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Based on Advanced Genetics Technology
The use of messenger RNA marks a big step and indicates which candidate it finds most promising

mf

28,187 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-28 19:37 |

Post removed.Why?

SK1008

110 posts

Posted by SK1008 > 2020-06-28 21:14 | Report Abuse

Glove counters provide the clearest Earnings Visibility.

At least until 2022, we will be overwhelmed with more than 6-8 consecutive quarters of explosive profits to justify their high valuations. Be confident. I am holding tight.

Quoting from International Vaccine Institute on Covid-19 Vaccine.
3 important steps
(1) First to prove that it works.
With concerted efforts worldwide 12-18 months
(2) TO make it in huge and high quality.
(3) To determine how to use it and use it.
IT further states that it is possible to show that the vaccine is safe and effective but the biggest question that follows is can we make a lot of it at high quality?
Hundreds of millions/billions of doses of vaccine will be required to vaccinate upwards of 5-7 billions people with 1,2 or 3 doses. A huge undertaking.

Therefore, even a vaccine is found, it is still a long way before the pandemic is fully contained. Or may be we will never able to contain it
fully.

mf

28,187 posts

Posted by mf > 2020-06-29 07:45 | Report Abuse

Leong said the fall in rubber glove counters was due to rumours that a windfall tax will be imposed on the sector

Apple1234

853 posts

Posted by Apple1234 > 2020-06-29 11:09 | Report Abuse

Only focus on Harta, Topglove and Supermax Big 3 company, it will maximize your profit. If you want maximize your profit, dont touch Kossan and you can see everydays Kossan volume. If you dont want maximize your profit, than please touch Kossan. Be smart investor, accept the facts, turn your profit to BIG 3 glove company. Do not listen company name and invest.

Apple1234

853 posts

Posted by Apple1234 > 2020-06-29 16:24 | Report Abuse

*Maybank IB Share Margin Valuation (Latest Revision)*
_The ceiling price for rubber gloves counters effective 30th June 2020_

Comfort @ RM3.42
Harta @ RM10.52
Kossan @ RM7.87
Ruberex @ RM2.21
Supermx @ RM7.41
Topglov @ RM18.00

**_The valuation will be based on the ceiling price or last closing price, whichever lower._

Apple1234

853 posts

Posted by Apple1234 > 2020-06-29 16:26 | Report Abuse

Better dont touch Kossan.

Apple1234

853 posts

Posted by Apple1234 > 2020-06-29 18:18 | Report Abuse

The share margin valuation of Hartalega was increased to RM10.52 from RM8.97 previously, Top Glove to RM18 from RM9.41, Supermax to RM7.41 from RM3.38, Rubberex to RM2.21 from 81 sen, and Comfort Gloves to RM3.42 from RM2.29.

Meanwhile, the financing limit for (Kossan) remained at RM7.87 per share.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz