21 people like this.

143 comment(s). Last comment by timetokoon 2015-12-04 13:09

dlsh2

35 posts

Posted by dlsh2 > 2014-02-06 12:47 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr. Koon,

I read your article with interest and noted that you are generous in sharing and parting your knowledge on share investments to all and sundry. For most average Joes, money is hard to come by and most will think twice or thrice before investing as investing into any shares would require money to be parted. I have been following your comments since 3 years ago and I have also followed your various purchases like Xingquan, Rimbunan Sawit, Evergreen and most recently, Jaya Tiasa. I have also known a few friends who purchased J> Tiasa when it was around RM2.45 and they were flabergastaed when it went down to RM2.10. They were all bombed high time. Having said that, I believe those who came up with ridiculing comments could be victims of buying J. Tiasa at RM2.45? But I believe share investments requires astuteness and patience in order to be able to make money. Selecting the right stock like you have been talking about is a must too.

Xingquan is now RM0.895. I noticed that you and your relatives as well as friends were still holding more than 30 million shares. Are you still holding them? I sincerely hope so as I have invested quite a fair bit into this counter. The issue with Xingquan is that they can't give dividend despite reporting EPS of more than 30 sen.

You have also mentioned Coastal Contracts and I made money from it.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-02-06 12:49 | Report Abuse

thank u Mr koon.

trader8899

230 posts

Posted by trader8899 > 2014-02-06 12:55 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr. Koon,
Great posting. It looks like you are betting heavily on JT against your other stocks position. Can you tell us what is your portfolio weight of JT in percentage against your total portfolio? Before you invest in JT, you definitely have an exit strategy if you are wrong. I am worrried that the traders here will follow your recommendation and invest heavily on JT without knowing when to exit if your recommendation go against you. From what I read on their comments that is what was happening to them. With RM 100 mio at your disposal you can definitely pump and dump the price as when you like but not the little fish like us. Hope you can share more of your money management and position sizing strategy so that the traders can learn how to let their profits run and cut their losses short.

PureBULL .

2,412 posts

Posted by PureBULL . > 2014-02-06 13:03 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon Yew Yin, U r simply the best in Investing Malaysia...
U have put up too simple an article that I believe few will be able to apprehend.
Unbelievable but true !

benson911

639 posts

Posted by benson911 > 2014-02-06 13:07 | Report Abuse

Mr.Koon....Thanks a lot for your sharing...nt many are willing to share...many people are too selfish to share what they know....respect u !!!!

Posted by Mior Nurzaidin > 2014-02-06 13:21 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, thank you

Gen2

252 posts

Posted by Gen2 > 2014-02-06 13:31 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr.Koon,
Yes, I'm eagerly wanting to know the same as dlsh2 posting about your intention to Xingquan ?

hw0706

744 posts

Posted by hw0706 > 2014-02-06 14:46 | Report Abuse

dksh, gtronic and so on all 100% return

cariyoyo

126 posts

Posted by cariyoyo > 2014-02-06 14:50 | Report Abuse

Dear Gen2 / dlsh2,

Mr. Koon has bequeathed all his Xingquan to his grandchildren as commented by him several weeks ago as he could not wait so long for the counter to recover. I have also bought Xingquan after attending his talk in Syuen hotel, Ipoh. At that time, Xingquan was going for RM1.60. It went down like a stone after that. The director, Ooi Guan Hoe was a former colleague of mine. He is holding 30,000 Xingquan shares. The question is if Xingquan is such a gem then why Guan Hoe is holding 30,000 shares? You might be able to answer this question without referring to Mr. Koon.

cariyoyo

126 posts

Posted by cariyoyo > 2014-02-06 14:56 | Report Abuse

I have not invested into J. Tiasa as a few of my friends lost money after listening to Koon. They lost money in buying R. Sawit, Xingquan, Evergreen and XDL. Koon was holding a bit of XDL too. In fact, Stanley Thai confided to the Edge that Supermax price went down after giving out bonus issue. Koon was strongly suggesting to Stanley to give out bonus issue and as a result of that the price went up.

If you want to make money, do look out for Maybulk, Coastal Contracts, IJM Land and P&O. Hold these shares if you have one year spare money to invest. Let me know how are you January 2015.

But if you choose to buy J. Tiasa, is all up to you as I am not liable to your investment decision (to borrow a caption made famous by Koon).

Seek

443 posts

Posted by Seek > 2014-02-06 15:23 | Report Abuse

Thanks Mr Koon for sharing. Followed your postings all the time. I notice from your recommendation that plantation is your best sector. I am wondering that as an expert in construction you seldom select construction stocks and you are really good at oil palm counters. Cheers to you. Fantastic! Jtiasa moving today. Thanks.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-02-06 15:23 | Report Abuse

Honestly, we mere mortals have little inclination to be super investors. All we want is to be good long term risk averse investors with 10% compounded return annually.

dlsh2

35 posts

Posted by dlsh2 > 2014-02-06 15:24 | Report Abuse

Dear cariyoyo,

I went through Xingquan's annual report after reading your comment on Ooi Guan Hoe. He holds 25,000 shares as reported and perhaps he bought another 5,000 shares recently. I have also invested a fair bit of my money into this counter and asked a few Chinese businessmen about its activities. The feedbacks I got from my friends in China were mixed.

Negatives:-

1) you will never find any Xingquan products in Shanghai, Beijing or Tianjin. In fact nobody has ever heard of the brand Addnice or Gertop (they changed the brand name to Gertop in 2012).

2) why would one change the brand name after serving the market for umpteen years? Besides, you need to to spend money on advertising etc. etc. Why waste such money? Some say is to enrich their own relatives but no one can be sure.

3) the company is owned by Iao Ieok Chon (a mouthful to pronounce his name). He is the husband of Ng Sio Peng, the brother of Wu Qingquan (chairman of xingquan). Iao is the one who calls the shots. He is the man behind xingquan and all other directors listen to him. Question is why he doesn't want to be in the board?

4) there were rumours that some of Xingquan shares are held by some local councillors in Fujian. These are the ones who barred them from giving out dividends. In fact, they are also holding shares through proxies in most S-Chips.

Positives

1)Apart from Koon Yew Yin, Dato Koh Kin Lip and Lai Poh Lin are major shareholders of Xingquan. Dato Koh holds 4,729,300 shares through himself and Rickoh Corp while Madam Lai holds 2,228,000 shares. Madam Lai is a director in IOI Corp.

air01557

2,511 posts

Posted by air01557 > 2014-02-06 15:29 | Report Abuse

pity Mr Koon's grandchildren

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-02-06 15:43 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon., there is NO right or No wrong. whatever we buy , hold or sell is our own responsibilities. we cannot blame you or anybody(else) for what decision we made. thanks for sharing all the traits you mentioned.

Cheers to the new year. New energy, new vitality in the year of the HORSE

gark

924 posts

Posted by gark > 2014-02-06 17:31 | Report Abuse

Almost every post is promoting J Tiasa...

While we respect you as great investor, Mr. Koon, the constant promotion of a single stock is like a broken record playing over and over again.

Your views are great, but perhaps you if could tone down the self promotion a bit, you might get more respect this way.

BTW, I work in the plantation sector, I would buy First Resources any day rather than J Tiasa. FR's large unplanted landbank, very young plantation, OER rate, FFB yield, FFB growth, exposure to up stream and down steam and even the profit margin is much superior to JT.

gark

924 posts

Posted by gark > 2014-02-06 17:35 | Report Abuse

Oh.. and not to mention FR's PER/PBV is much much lower than JT....

All the 'greatness' you have so far high lighted for JT you can find better equivalents at FR...

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2014-02-06 17:36 | Report Abuse

when someone keeps shouting about how good something supposedly is, it gets more and more suspicious. first resources, wilmar, golden agri, even ioi, klk, utdplnt, etc all seem like much better picks in terms of valuation, yield, margins, returns and prospects.

Duitbesar

915 posts

Posted by Duitbesar > 2014-02-06 17:41 | Report Abuse

Tajuk berbeza dalam sebulan tapi hujungnya sama, Jtasia. Tak ada saham lain lebih baik ke? Kali diulang 10 kali korang tak rasa macam disuap kangkung basi ke? Yalah, kami tak pandai beli saham, yalah, kami tak tahu politik, yalah, kami bukan dermawan. Semua yang hebat tu KYY jerr. Meluat.

benson911

639 posts

Posted by benson911 > 2014-02-06 18:32 | Report Abuse

Sharing is caring....what the point you all criticize Mr.Koon.....???????

sasopi87

641 posts

Posted by sasopi87 > 2014-02-06 19:08 | Report Abuse

better buy IRIS from now before it shoot up to above RM1.00 this year......

gark

924 posts

Posted by gark > 2014-02-06 21:34 | Report Abuse

Benson911 there is a big big difference between sharing and promoting on vested interest. One is good and should be lauded but the other one is unethical. Can you tell which is which?

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-06 21:41 | Report Abuse

I beginning to lose Confidence in mr koon recommendation
Everytime he seems to sell short after recommending them
This suggest that he was doing some hanky panky to make quick profit
While other lose he win Hahahaha

cschua

19 posts

Posted by cschua > 2014-02-06 21:42 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the post. You are very generous to show your knowledge.

Posted by musang_foxking > 2014-02-06 21:43 | Report Abuse

wow a self arrogant inflicted title again!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-06 21:43 | Report Abuse

Kk123 what do u mean u r beginning to lose confidence ? I though you have been mocking his recommendation since day one ? Kakaka

Posted by musang_foxking > 2014-02-06 21:51 | Report Abuse

Why most of us cannot become super investors? - Koon Yew Yin 10 likes 26 comments Feb 06, 2014

How to improve your trading technique? - Koon Yew Yin 17 likes 45 comments Feb 04, 2014

The most undervalued share I know - Koon Yew Yin 5 likes 231 comments Jan 31, 2014

Does the Palm Oil Industry meet United Nation's Convention on Climate Change? Koon Yew Yin 3 likes 9 comments Jan 30, 2014

Why I sold R Sawit & SOP to buy Jaya Tiasa - Koon Yew Yin 6 likes 192 comments Jan 25, 2014

MY REASONS FOR BUYING JAYA TIASA - Koon Yew Yin 9 likes 45 comments Jan 20, 2014

Valuegrowth Investing - Koon Yew Yin 8 likes 96 comments Jan 16, 2014
Why & How to use Margin Finance to increase PROFIT - Koon Yew Yin 9 likes 35 comments Jan 05, 2014
---

wow extreme promotions on the moves...really tak tau malu ...all blogs within 30 days...same boring content...right duit besar...meluat...muak and mual

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-06 22:15 | Report Abuse

I more confident I won't be one of the victim that fell into the trap

And u know he is on margin

Margin needs to repay - its not free of charge :)

qj1512

29 posts

Posted by qj1512 > 2014-02-07 00:36 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon, the more I read your articles, the more I like u. All the 7 traits are excellent. Will loan more $ from bank n invest. I have learnt all these for more than 25 years, my greatest problem is did not take more risk. Therefore I am just an average investor making average returns like 12 % per annum.. Of course I am an adult mature enough to be responsible for my own action, will not blame any body. My biggest investment now is in oil n gas. Bought some Jtiasa at 2.06 6 months ago, still holding .Feel proud to be reading your blog. Cheers, u have a fan here.

KhoCL

3 posts

Posted by KhoCL > 2014-02-07 01:28 | Report Abuse

madvirus
Thanks. Very good sharing.
Even at 20 MT/ha, it is about 50% more FFB production than current level. At 63,000 ha progressively maturing, we are looking at 1.26 million ton of FFB compared to current 660,000 ton in the next 3-4 years. This is 50% increase in production. Coupled with increase in OER to 20%, we are looking at big profit growth potential here, aren't we? What is your take on potential OER for Jaya Tiasa going forward as they are building up their oil mill capacity to 3 oil mills by Apr 2014?

The production cost you quoted here USD 330 (RM 1,054) pt seems too low for Jaya Tiasa who has relatively young palm, compared to RM 1,209 pt for Hap Seng Plantation. At CPO price of RM 2500 pt, and assuming cost of RM 1,700 pt, we are still looking at a profit of RM 200 mln (~ EPS : 20 sen) excluding contribution from the forest concession and plywood.

I can see tremendous growth potential for Jaya Tiasa hence its investment case as emphasised by Mr Koon over and over again.

Look forward to more insights and comments on my point above.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-07 08:28 | Report Abuse

This are all very simplistic analysis
In similar fashion :
If base on current Production and planted this company can only earn a miniscule 2 sen per share
To achieve 20 sen per share this company need to increase 10x either it's ffb ,planting more, selling at higher prices , reduce staff /operating expenses , reduce debt and or finance expenses
If every year assume it can increase Efficiency it may take 10 years to see any results which is even close to 20 sen EPs forecast
There are "existing" company in bursa which has already been there and done that
And also paying high dividend , planting more and increasing dividend !
In that aspect why need to even look at jtiasa hahaha it's just doesn't make any sense unless if mr koon have a hidden interest or agenda which only he and the jtiasa owner knows

titus

4,158 posts

Posted by titus > 2014-02-07 08:43 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr. Koon, base on the above can you please use xinquan as case study. If has drop 50% from the purchase value. In this case, should we be averaging down or sell it because it has lost it attractiveness.

madviruz

14 posts

Posted by madviruz > 2014-02-07 08:50 | Report Abuse

KhoCL

The production is per tonne of FFB not CPO.
The production cost is in RM not USD.
It is not cost effective as compare with industrial standard.
Converted to CPO the cost (RM329.68/14.93%) is RM2208 for FY2013
Their average selling price of CPO in that year is RM2280.
The profit is thus RM2280-RM2208=RM72 per tonne of CPO.

The production of FFB/HT is low by industrial standard for palms of that age group in mature land.
The charts from UPB studies in deep peat and that from Annual report of JTiasa 2012
are grossly different. I do not subscribe to the fact that theirs will be better than UPB.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-07 08:57 | Report Abuse

kk122 and musang_foxking accuse me of promoting Jaya Tiasa aggressively so that I can sell at a higher price and take undue advantage of you small investors. As the bible says "The truth will set me free". If you cannot see the difference of a confidence trickster and one who is genuinely interested to teach you how to fish instead of giving you fish, I am sorry for you.

I know I have a special talent and experience to share with readers who are interested and help them make more money. In all the lessons, I often used JT as an example to illustrate why I dare to buy more than 40 million shares. I even told you that I bought 4.5 million JT on 31st Dec last year at Rm 2.04 from some desperate foreign funds who wanted to close their books.

As I said before statistics shows that fund managers cannot beat the market index and they cannot buy JT because it has very poor current earnings. But I look at JT as a businessman,

JT’s main business is timber. It has 2,400 sq kilo meter of forest which can supply all the required raw material for its manufactured products while competitors have to import logs. With this competitive advantage, JT’s profit is sustainable for a long time. The company has used all its cash flow to plant oil palms aggressively and also trees for reforestation. As a result, it did not show much profit but its 62,800 ha of oil palms has a market value more than twice of its market capitalization. It also planted more than 30,000 ha of fast growing trees. As a businessman I see this tree planting is like stocking raw material for its future use. Most people cannot see this point. In fact, tree planting can be a separate long term profitable business.

As according to its last annual report, the average age of its palms is only 5.6 years old. That is why it is not showing mush profit. But basing on its FFB production growth any investor with some imagination can foresee that its production will continue to increase, bearing in mind that palm will only peak at the age of 11 or 12 years.

I along cannot push up the price as you can see the daily volume. All my remiesers can vouch that I did buy to push up 11 sens, yesterday. A RHB chartist told me that the moving average has passed ?? line and it is the best time to buy.

A famous plantation analyst told me that he has been promoting JT to some local and foreign funds and they are beginning to buy. As I said when you buy I might be selling, so be careful. You buy at your own risk.

If JT cannot perform I will have no place to hide my face. As the bible say "The truth will set me free"

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-07 09:03 | Report Abuse

Sorry for the typing error. The sentence should read ' All my remisiers can vouch that I did not buy to push up 11 sens yesterday.

smartly

6,386 posts

Posted by smartly > 2014-02-07 09:14 | Report Abuse

*clap*

smartly

6,386 posts

Posted by smartly > 2014-02-07 09:15 | Report Abuse

thanks for sharing. :)

BuLLRam

1,104 posts

Posted by BuLLRam > 2014-02-07 09:27 | Report Abuse

F@#$%^&G whiners..dont look a gift horse in the mouth...

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-07 09:28 | Report Abuse

today 248 ?

kaliawke

674 posts

Posted by kaliawke > 2014-02-07 09:34 | Report Abuse

Mr KOon, How about the Tiong's family personality and what are their counter that investors made good money ?

Carlsraj55

649 posts

Posted by Carlsraj55 > 2014-02-07 09:35 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon thank you for your article. It is very informative and make us "think outside the box". There is always people from both extremes. There are those who feel thankful and there will always be critics. Those thankful will give you motivation and those critics will encourage you think deeper, more a feedback for continuous improvement. Please continue your articles.

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-02-07 09:41 | Report Abuse

Instead of posting hundreds of new threads to promote Jtiasa here, I think a more effective and easier way to achieve your objective is to push up Jtiasa's price further....when people c the price goes up and the trading vol is big they would just blindly chase...then U could sell some to them....

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2014-02-07 10:06 | Report Abuse

Jtiasa is a speculative counter at best. Meaning, yes its price might go up but it will be due to factors other than the company's earnings. Nothing in their fundamentals make them a better bet than so many other plantation counters out there. Please do your own research.

kaliawke

674 posts

Posted by kaliawke > 2014-02-07 10:08 | Report Abuse

yup, mkh & ijmplant is definitely better

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2014-02-07 10:15 | Report Abuse

the promoter would know about IJM since he co-founded the company. Yet, i dont care if he's god, something is really fishy with his recommendations. Calling a counter with a PE ratio of 86x 'the most undervalued counter' is just ludicrous.

khhoo

3 posts

Posted by khhoo > 2014-02-07 10:17 | Report Abuse

Dear wt222: "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

kaliawke

674 posts

Posted by kaliawke > 2014-02-07 10:18 | Report Abuse

like lingui , they will go private at par value

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-02-07 10:24 | Report Abuse

the dude bought about 20 millions jtiasa shares, roughly 2 % of total shares. kikiki and he publicly post about all the margin , use borrowed money to buy stocks...

here the deal, regardless the stock undervalued or what, if im the other major shareholders, i will dump my stocks and crush the price, so that Koon Yew Yin will force to force selling.. kikiki and when he do, i buy back cheaply..

everyone, please dump jtiasa at all cost and force Koon Yew Yin to force selling!

garkgarkgark.. as what stated by Koon Yew Yin , stock market is a zero sum game , if it is a game, and in a game, u dont reveal your card... kikikiki.. lets teach him a lesson! dump at all cost!! kikiki

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-07 11:27 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, I have an issue with your statement "....its 62,800 ha of oil palms has a market value more than twice of its market capitalization"

You are implying that the current share price is only reflecting 50% of the estates' market value. However, acocrding to my calculation, Jtiasa's enterprise value per ha now is RM48,000. Based on prevalent market transacted price for estates of RM60,000 per ha (RM60,000 per ha if you are lucky, as Weida sold its estates last year at RM45,000 per ha), jtiasa's estates is only 20% lower than the market price, not 50%.

You made a similar claim for rsawit in 2011 saying that the market cap reflects estates valuation of RM21,000 per ha and hence making rsawit ridiculously undervalued. Many people bought into it, some made money, some incurred losses. But that is not the point. The point is that you have made misrepresentation by presenting false information to mislead retail investors into taking position

that is not cool.

sam91

127 posts

Posted by sam91 > 2014-02-07 11:33 | Report Abuse

Dear FCTBuddy, Since when did he reveal his card? u seen his original personal investment report?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz