9 people like this.

71 comment(s). Last comment by iloveshare128 2016-07-05 14:11

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-06-27 18:46 | Report Abuse

Anyway paperplane is such a vicious person, I don't see what is the pint of being so hero ? If you are so full of integrity, u would have said something when he behaved so rudely this morning. Where were you this morning ? Please lah

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-06-27 18:47 | Report Abuse

Truth be told, snake oil sellers have been around even longer than the stock market. You get that every where, stock market no exception.

Now, lets talk about stock market. If one takes a business man approach to this venture, you would not be worse off than one armed with 20 formulas and 5 valuation methods applying them blindly.

At the end of the day, we are talking about financial intelligence. So, what is financial intelligence?

Are we born with F1? Do we wake up one morning and find we are equipped with FI? Can FI be developed? Can FI be trained? Get educated by FI stuffs?

It goes without saying people learn stuffs, experience stuffs, and can benefit from our experiences.

FI is an asset that can be developed, trained, experienced

the 20 formulas and 5 valuation methods applying blindly without thinking do not increase one's FI.....it only serves to stifle and stop the development of FI.

Only questioning and curiousity and asking the right questions can cause a people to learn and develop his FI.

At the end of the day, taking a business man approach to the stock market is not a bad idea at all....and he probably have no need for the 20 formulas and 5 valuation methods.......these valuation methods are like the tail wagging the dog. They can be made to justify any ridiculous proposition. Small tweets in some assumptions produce major changes in the end results. Its the tail wagging the dog.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-06-27 18:52 | Report Abuse

Instead of predicting growth
Why not predicting bubble burst?
And it is safer of all analysis because when the bubble burst, there will be new analysis coming out too

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-06-27 18:56 | Report Abuse

Bubble burst happens every 7-10 years, best investing duration is within 1 to 4 years after bubble burst, after the 4th years, risk increase exponentially, time to cash out and wait the bubble to pop.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2016-06-27 19:01 | Report Abuse

This argument is getting dumber and dumber. A poor business will not result in a good FA. FA will indicate whether a company has a moat, and that moat will come from some qualitative aspect of BA. Both are the consequence of each other. FA is BA and vice versa. What's this nonsense about FA is not BA?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-27 19:09 | Report Abuse

Stockman has gift of the gap for instigating people...without any logic gates in his god gifted 'biological software'.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-06-27 20:09 | Report Abuse

dunber and dumber is the flocks who pray to FA gods without knowing what is business analysis and good stock picks.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-06-27 20:10 | Report Abuse

dumber and dumber is the one who uses FA to screen his stocks and manages to pick all the ducks and become first from last in i3 competition.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-06-27 20:11 | Report Abuse

dumber and dumber is the one who uses FA to screen his stocks and manages to pick all the ducks and become first from last in i3 competition.

would picks using darts be better?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-27 20:18 | Report Abuse

anyway...good to have you stockman...you can initiate a lot of discussions...at least 'some' will benefit. apologize for my comments earlier (seriously)..

a lot of people don't seem to know what is FA and especially BA...could u please elaborate what you have understood about FA?

surely people will gain from having opinions from different perspective...including me

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-06-27 20:21 | Report Abuse

Wao. So happening here.

Look like here got free evening class for me... I bet to learn something tonigh.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-06-27 20:27 | Report Abuse

it does shows the limitations of FA, of using FA blindly , of using FA without BA, of using FA without common sense.....taking the formulas to extremes without understanding the underlying factors.

probability > Jun 27, 2016 08:18 PM | Report Abuse

anyway...good to have you stockman.

paperplane2016

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-06-27 20:28 | Report Abuse

No, noneed waste time on low life conman icon8888.
Ask ppl buy comcorp at high and he selling.

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-06-27 20:34 | Report Abuse

Ah plane..

Why midnight still bite Icon never release? Owe money is it?

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-06-27 21:20 | Report Abuse

KC chong.

Liked your article. Thanks

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-06-27 21:25 | Report Abuse

Dear Kc chong,
Dear Icon8888,
Dear stockmanny,
Dear paper plane
Dear flyingkite
Dear probability
Dear all..

Dedicate this to share with you. Enjoy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Vf6pDHax0

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2016-06-27 21:32 | Report Abuse

Duit Good One.
But I watched the similar performance by China Talent show before, few years back.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-27 21:39 | Report Abuse

oh that ladies hands..good one duit!

Posted by iamvirtualinvestor > 2016-06-28 12:56 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC. Poor to those people who keep bad mouth but earn nothing in stock market.

1,902 posts

Posted by 007 > 2016-06-28 17:43 | Report Abuse

Investing is about the future, not the past, stupid! kcchongnz....
Sometime the pro sound crazy already. Too crazy that they fly too high and forget the ground is where they are standing.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-06-29 11:02 | Report Abuse

Investing is investing in yourself. Stupid. Money don't drop down from the sky freely. Warren Buffett quote: If you are stupid yourself the world will always look flat to you all the time, whether it is yesterday or in the future.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-06-29 11:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by sostupid > Jun 29, 2016 11:02 AM | Report Abuse
Investing is investing in yourself. Stupid. Money don't drop down from the sky freely. Warren Buffett quote: If you are stupid yourself the world will always look flat to you all the time, whether it is yesterday or in the future.

First time fully agree with you.

Read, read read. Learn, learn, and learn. Practice, practice and practice.

There ain't no tooth fairy in Bursa, Idiot!

Investing is the same.

Without the necessary knowledge and experience, how do you know a stock is good to invest in?

Without knowledge and experience, how can one earn extra-ordinary return from the stock market?

Without the necessary knowledge and experience, how can you beat the big boys in the stock market playing in their field?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-06-29 11:34 | Report Abuse

its a special kind of people to go around collecting fees for investment advice...especially the unlicensed and unqualified ones.

thick skin, ability to create own reality.

in a bull market, every promoter is a genius, in a bear market every promoter is the cause of people suffering ruins.

why want to cari market in this way?

for every 10 people that you help to make some pocket money, even if just one go into financial ruins because of you, it is very bad karma.

the point is.............

people never over trade , never go into financial ruins unless it is because of tips from other people who claims to have impeccable track records.

trading based on other people tips frees one from responsibility. encourages over trading, reckless risk taking....it is the primary cause of financial ruins.

why take this responsibility just to cari market?

blogging without collecting fees is different. Blogging is very democratic and encourages independence

"Final decision is yours but you must trust me because I am worth millions and you are not worth a sen" is the cause of many financial ruins and perhaps even family breakups. Very bad karma.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 11:48 | Report Abuse

In any investment,it is essential to have past records of success to ascertain its successful past performance.There we can check its record of growth and whether it has reached its optimun growth or saturation point.If it hasn't then we can look into the future for further growth and expansion.
This is what Icon888 talking about And what is lacking in kcchongz is his ommission in checking its future growth,hence he can also pay some attention on that then he is as good in fa.But in stock market,we need combination of fa,charting skills and economic foresight to read the impacts of enviromental economic changes or events to be proficient in investment.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-06-29 11:52 | Report Abuse

I would like to defend KC Chong

It is true that KC charged forum members a fee for his lessons. However,

(a) The fee is very small. It is good value for money. Since his students did not lose out, why should we complain ?

(b) Dispensing advice and knowledge is something that has been done in this world for thousand of years. Teachers, lecturers, trainers, they all get paid for doing that. The only different between KC and them is that KC does it online. If we did not condemn teachers for making a living through sharing knowledge, why should we single out KC Chong ?

(c) We are not living in a communist country. Communism sees money as evil (even that view is outdated, modern China loves money). We should NOT have an attitude that if other people makes money, it is bad (and only freebies are good).

(d) If KC does not collect a fee, he will not be coaching his students with such attention, care and details. Without money, there is no "high quality service".

Let KC does what he is doing now. Many people learn though his courses. We should support him, not stifle his effort.

It is my objective view, not politicking.

If one day stockmanmy starts an online course, I will support him as much as I support KC Chong

(as for me, I am not starting one, I am too lazy and not knowledgeable enough)

================
Posted by stockmanmy > Jun 29, 2016 11:34 AM | Report Abuse

its a special kind of people to go around collecting fees for investment advice...especially the unlicensed and unqualified ones.

in a bull market, every promoter is a genius, in a bear market every promoter is the cause of people suffering ruins.

why want to cari market in this way?

for every 10 people that you help to make some pocket money, even if just one go into financial ruins because of you, it is very bad karma.

the point is.............

people never over trade , never go into financial ruins unless it is because of tips from other people who claims to have impeccable track records.

trading based on other people tips frees one from responsibility. encourages over trading, reckless risk taking....it is the primary cause of financial ruins.

why take this responsibility just to cari market?

blogging without collecting fees is different. Blogging is very democratic and encourages independence

"Final decision is yours but you must trust me because I am worth millions and you are not worth a sen" is the cause of many financial ruins and perhaps even family breakups. Very bad karma.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-06-29 11:54 | Report Abuse

The 4 simple guidelines for buying any kind of stocks:
(1)Only if you can do something important for other people, the other party will do something you like for you back in return.
(2) Only if you can do something necessary for other people, the other party will do something that is important for you back in return.
(3) Only if you can do something people like, the other party will do something that is necessary for you back in return.
(4) Always buy a stock only when you can determine whether the stock is doing something important now, necessary in the future, and can do something or what other people like in the past for other people and not for you.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-29 12:02 | Report Abuse

wei...sostupid...this one sound very much like 'competitive advantage' lor...u learning very fast!

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-06-29 12:02 | Report Abuse

慈悲喜捨.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 12:04 | Report Abuse

Sostupid,what you say is only guess work which no references of proven records only proposals of surveys.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-29 12:10 | Report Abuse

Fam...there are strategies that requires continuous development...coz it evolves...based on changes on human information processing characteristics with time... especially things like TA

can't imagine when AI gets involved on TA...with fast trading with thin profit margin mechanism.

humans will be more like a jockey on different 'horses of AI'..
it then depends on your horse-software version.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-06-29 12:12 | Report Abuse

how come Buffett and Peter Lynch never use TA ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-06-29 12:13 | Report Abuse

I believe many people misunderstand the real KC (even KC himself)

it is true KC very seldom write about "the future"

however, in real life, he does factor in the future when he picks stocks

if you don't believe me, you look at the timing of his stock picks : Scientex, Thong Guan (you will get this stock if you subscribe for his course), Homeritz, Magni, etc... all are picked when the companies' profit are going strong and various operational details (capex, etc) point to a future whereby earning will grow

The only weird thing is that he doesn't like to talk about it or acknowledge it (even though it is in his heart).

That is the observation and conclusion I arrived at after studying his articles, discussions and portfolio.

Many people didn't notice this point

I welcome people to prove my view incorrect, including KC himself

=====

Fam Jenny
... And what is lacking in kcchongz is his ommission in checking its future growth,hence he can also pay some attention on that then he is as good in fa.
29/06/2016 11:48

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-06-29 12:13 | Report Abuse

I judge a man by his deeds, not his words

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-06-29 12:18 | Report Abuse

I judge a man by his gender and DNA report which is totally different from judging a tilapia fish

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-06-29 12:42 |

Post removed.Why?

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 12:48 | Report Abuse

Leno,do you think you are clever by earning money through deceit?In insas,you were shouting RM2/- but it never reached,so you dumped to others at RM1.26 and ran off.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 12:51 | Report Abuse

God judges you according to your love of righteousness through your good deeds and motives.I will follow His righteous,fair ways.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-06-29 12:52 | Report Abuse

People should rid themselves from cheating, deceiving and twisting .... FJ ... thy shall repent from all these ... amitabha ... sinchoi sinchoi ...

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 12:55 | Report Abuse

Waren Buffet has all the experts to help and how can he doesn't use fa ta and others.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-06-29 12:55 |

Post removed.Why?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-29 14:23 | Report Abuse

It would be really interesting for me...to find someone who can prove a strategy of investment and making extraordinary gains while holding on to his investment for more than a year. I mean...its a like a strategy based on long term forecasting ability...

If it is short term , say based on forecasting ability of near term Earnings expansion....and then exiting fast within a year before the Earnings goes back below its initial value...then its merely about tapping the potential gain arising out of over reactive nature of investors who are less informed temporarily.

The above is almost like TA....tapping gains from weakness of humans psychology...which i trust will be evolving with time (though may be very slow) but only provides the edge for the 'active' investors as mentioned by Soojinhou earlier.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-06-29 15:29 |

Post removed.Why?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-29 15:33 | Report Abuse

leno...first time I see u coming with 'almost' a logical argument...
Exactly...if someone promote all this strategy claiming that its without any benefit for him...then we really have to open our eyes wide wide..and think carefully. (careful of the bloggers!)

But...if its for a fee...like tuition teacher...may be OK lor..

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-29 15:45 | Report Abuse

However, we must thank bloggers like Icon who comes with opportunities for one to accumulate before the price shoots up...unlike Mr. Bones who only give you the bones obviously after taking the flesh...

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 15:49 | Report Abuse

Probabiliy,if you study public bank from its early days and have look into its growth,with one thousand shares it multiples into many shares worth a Rm1million over a period of 30 years.

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2016-06-29 15:52 | Report Abuse

I got BIG FOUR analysis parameter. FA TA CA and HA.

Two come first:
FA- Fundamental analysis
TA- Technical analysis

Two come later after the above A:
CA- Confident analysis
HA- Hope analysis

Sure win technique!!

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-06-29 15:52 | Report Abuse

Leno,your stupid/wayward brain tells you that a criminal/drugpin is also very smart bcos he makes a lot of money from drugs,that's how your useless mentality thinks so.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-06-29 15:56 | Report Abuse

wished my father worked in public bank as a clerk and saved a thousand for me on public bank before I was born :(

unfortunately he is a great chemist with zero business knowledge or businessman contacts.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2016-06-30 00:18 | Report Abuse

Article written for stupids, can't all you read the title?

Posted by iloveshare128 > 2016-07-05 14:11 | Report Abuse

i think i am in love with you leno, even though i suspect you are a guy too... haha... ur "Boh Chow CCCC AAA" is simply too epic... haha

Post a Comment
Market Buzz