4 people like this.

325 comment(s). Last comment by Jon Choivo 2018-08-28 17:02

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 20:25 | Report Abuse

Jon baby.There is only one WB,same as one Bill Gates,same as one Jack Ma.
You would do well to start as a mouse.One year plus experience talk so much.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:27 | Report Abuse

I've read every single letter from buffet from 1955 to 2018. And every step of the way, from USD 19 per share to USD300,000. Even when his capital is small, he never took undue risk.

What is being conservative?

For me, it means to only invest if you're sure of what you're buying. If you actually understand the economics and the valuation. If you know for a fact that you are buying RM1 for RM0.5 or less.

I take risk and am adventurous only when i know i am paid well for it.

You know funnily, i actually invested RM15,000 for a 5% stake in a small singaporean company when it was starting out. That was most of my capital then. In terms of valuation, it was useless then.

But i knew the boss, i knew the market, and i knew the economics of the business, and i figured, this guy can make it work.

For the last two years, it has paid me RM15,000 each year in dividend.

I think if i were to sell that stake, should be a significant sum. By far my best investment tbh ahaha.

I am willing to take almost any risk, as long as i'm understand what im getting into, am paid well for it, and i can stomach the size.

Warren buffet, his company now, insures the kind of risk no one else dare to insure. Multibilion dollar hurricanes, earth quakes, terrorism, micheal jordan legs.

Is he conservative or adventurous?

You need to revisit and study again your definitions and thinking.

=====

Icon8888 > Aug 25, 2018 01:39 PM | Report Abuse

The biggest weakness of Baby Jon is his conservativeness. Always pick stocks like retirees. (Read too many warren Buffett books).

if you are 26 yo be more adventurous lah. It is time to take risk and grow. Acting like warren buffett makes you feel good but doesn't put money in your pocket

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 20:30 | Report Abuse

Baby jon still don't get it. Talk talk talk~

Produce result then we talk

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:31 | Report Abuse

And one Jon Choivo.

When Warren was only managing a USD15mil co, he was pretty much the same as managing a USD500bil company. Except, he had much more options before then.

I am like a mouse now, i can look into very small caps that people cannot buy.

You don't change your thinking and philosophy just because you are small. But by being small, you have alot more options. that is it.

====
Posted by Apabagus > Aug 25, 2018 08:25 PM | Report Abuse

Jon baby.There is only one WB,same as one Bill Gates,same as one Jack Ma.
You would do well to start as a mouse.One year plus experience talk so much.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:32 | Report Abuse

If i tmr sailang into in Sapura Warrant.

And suddenly saudi arabia say will give loan to SAPURA ENERGY, no need right issue. And i didnt know it, but i just got damn lucky.

Warrant up 1000%.

Am i genius now or win lottery?

=====
Posted by Alex™ > Aug 25, 2018 08:30 PM | Report Abuse

Baby jon still don't get it. Talk talk talk~

Produce result then we talk

FamousAmos

304 posts

Posted by FamousAmos > 2018-08-25 20:33 | Report Abuse

Baby Jon is like the average jon I met in real life. Read / watch few Jack Ma shits and start to preach. Lol.

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 20:37 | Report Abuse

Baby after reading a few books think he can fight a war.Even veteran like 3iii also no one give a damn.Oops,it's time to change diapers for baby jon!

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 20:38 | Report Abuse

If only ma... Probablistic decision... Your call... If pokai don't blame ppl.

No need sailang to prove yourself. This kind of method is like time bomb. Anyone wipe out your account

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:56 | Report Abuse

Is a war going on? Really?

Sorry, not a trader, i don't play the zero sum game.

Lets assume alex, famousamos and apabagus is actually in the green and very much so now.

For every one of your guys, i am willing to bet that there is at least 5 poor sods in the red.

And this is over a 15 year database.

If you know anyone in a brokerage with the data, i am willing to take on the bet. With any of you. Name an amount, i'm not rich though, so its mostly for fun hahaha.

=====
Posted by Apabagus > Aug 25, 2018 08:37 PM | Report Abuse

Baby after reading a few books think he can fight a war.Even veteran like 3iii also no one give a damn.Oops,it's time to change diapers for baby jon!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2018-08-25 21:03 | Report Abuse

I am not against Buffettology. Who am I to question a great investor like that with solid proven track record ?

I AM AGAINST APPLYING BUFFETTOLOGY IN MALAYSIA.

Apart from Top Gloves, PBB and few others, how many Malaysian companies can consistently deliver growth like Coca Cola , Gillette, etc ?

=======

Warren buffet, his company now, insures the kind of risk no one else dare to insure. Multibilion dollar hurricanes, earth quakes, terrorism, micheal jordan legs.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2018-08-25 21:08 | Report Abuse

For every Jack Ma there's millions of MLM scammers. For every Warren Buffet there's millions of snakeoil salesman / stock market seafoods

ncl90

22 posts

Posted by ncl90 > 2018-08-25 21:09 | Report Abuse

Ya...agreed with icon8888.
Klse stock most just for medium term....hold long term may lost back or back to square.

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 21:18 | Report Abuse

Jon baby.Let's answer this question first.If W Buffett was a Msian instead of a USA citizen and he can only invest in bursa, what cos would enable him to get the results he achieved now as a usd multibillionaire?
Final reminder to you baby.One yr experience dun talk so much.

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 21:23 | Report Abuse

Icon sifu talk really geng. Yes, none of the companies in Malaysia have the competitive advantage compared to that of the U.S.

Nestle maybe? But bukan buatan malaysia

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 21:46 | Report Abuse

lots of theories, lots of experiences

but who can escape from being "fooled by randomness"

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 21:56 | Report Abuse

by probability > Aug 25, 2018 06:23 PM | Report Abuse

as such, the objective in i3 should be more about unmasking the risk of a high risk (perceived) high return stocks
===============

yes I agree.....a lot can be gained by knowing and thinking of risks and the risk - reward relationship.....but if everyone only thinks about the risks....who is going to commit?

can KYY commit so much if he worries so much about risks?

me? I think there is no free lunch....Higher returns are earned from taking on higher risks, ....and keep your fingers crossed.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 22:10 | Report Abuse

3iii is the one WB loyal disciple here who is able to make money consistently in KLSE.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:14 | Report Abuse

your personality fits the environment for that period, u make a lot of money.....some other periods, how?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:15 | Report Abuse

man to fit the environment or environment to fit the man?

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 22:25 | Report Abuse

Sadly, we can’t simply change our personalities as we wish in a short time. That’s how ‘I ‘ formed. Why being so greedy? We can make a good fortune when our personalities fit into environment if we mindful where we are and applying sailang style. The rest of unfit period....enjoying life lor.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:26 | Report Abuse

by Up_down > Aug 25, 2018 10:23 PM | Report Abuse

Sadly, we can’t simply change our personalities as we wish in a short time. That’s how ‘I ‘ formed. Why being so greedy? We can make a good fortune when our personalities fit into environment if we really know our ourselves and applying sailang style. The rest of unfit period....enjoying life lor.
==========

correct

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 22:31 | Report Abuse

That’s an ideal situation but we hardly can achieve that level of wisdom. Lol

cheated_

28 posts

Posted by cheated_ > 2018-08-25 22:33 | Report Abuse

Why TG, PBB not in your portfolio? Why instead choose LionInd, WCE, Ekovest-W, etc?

Posted by Icon8888 > Aug 25, 2018 09:03 PM | Report Abuse

I am not against Buffettology. Who am I to question a great investor like that with solid proven track record ?

Apart from Top Gloves, PBB and few others, how many Malaysian companies can consistently deliver growth like Coca Cola , Gillette, etc ?

=======

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:34 | Report Abuse

Posted by Up_down > Aug 25, 2018 10:31 PM | Report Abuse

That’s an ideal situation but we hardly can achieve that level of wisdom. Lol
===========

can never because its hindsight.

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2018-08-25 22:43 | Report Abuse

Be gentle on jon baby.He is just taking baby steps and gonna fall a lot.Be gentle please.Wakaka.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 23:00 | Report Abuse

Listen to your intuition

https://youtu.be/UzRvKXiKbuw

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 23:09 |

Post removed.Why?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-25 23:11 | Report Abuse

very interesting..just as i had thought all this while..

thanks up_down

thats why we can easily know whom we can fall in love and whom we cant
within a few conversations.

Posted by Up_down > Aug 25, 2018 11:00 PM | Report Abuse

Listen to your intuition

https://youtu.be/UzRvKXiKbuw

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 23:23 | Report Abuse

Probability. Hope to achieve that level in investing. Listen to your intuition....無招勝有招. Lolz

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 23:28 | Report Abuse

In response to this message

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/171084.jsp

I wrote the following to KYY...and he thanked me for it.....

man to fit the environment or environment to fit the man.....

if you are KYY....with KYY record, confidence, bullets, attitude towards risk, money and wealth, worth hundreds of millions, what is a few million here and there?

its nothing.....if you are widow with fixed allowance, money has a different meaning.....your attitude towards risk, money and weath is very different from KYY one.

KYY has no hesitation in changing the environment to fit the man....KYY has the confidence and the bullets to change reality. ....The only problem is....how many of us are KYY?

That is why we hunt in the middle, eating left over grass.....KYY hunts in the edges, eats fresh grass ....feast or famine......even if famine , KYY still has his abalone ......what people say, several generations no worry.....

Chicken , play with nuts , scared scared..... cannot expect to have super investor returns......facts of life....

What has changed in steel industry from March to now? Nothing....except KYY is in, in March KYY was not in.....recall in March, KYY says with every town full of unsold houses, steel shares cannot buy one.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 23:40 | Report Abuse

guts.....but I tend to lose money if I trade fast and depends on guts........and tend to make winning trades if I trade slower and use my experience......

another way of putting it....if I buy early in the mornings, I tend to lose money......if I buy in the afternoons, I got good chances of making money.....

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2018-08-25 23:40 | Report Abuse

As usual,a Plp will forever be a Plp.Uncle praise a bit makes him feel he can fly.

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-08-25 23:41 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 23:45 | Report Abuse

by klee > Aug 25, 2018 11:40 PM | Report Abuse

As usual,a Plp will forever be a Plp.Uncle praise a bit makes him feel he can fly.

==========

no, cannot fly.....but still a good piece....

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-26 01:44 | Report Abuse

Is Neoh Soon Kean and Yeon Seng Choon a bankrupt? If not, yes it works.

Look, its just logic. Value investing is like inoculation. You either get it or you don't.

====
Apabagus Jon baby.Let's answer this question first.If W Buffett was a Msian instead of a USA citizen and he can only invest in bursa, what cos would enable him to get the results he achieved now as a usd multibillionaire?
25/08/2018 21:18

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-26 01:56 | Report Abuse

value investing, growth investing, trading or speculations...the last two having bad ( uncalled for) image....diversified or focused portfolios.....

nowadays, everyone wants to be a hedge fund, 100% return if possible...go and sailang la....value partners cheah cheng hye calls it the killer instinct.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-26 02:29 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/171153.jsp

Bro, you are right, value investing dont work at all man.

====
Apabagus Jon baby.Let's answer this question first.If W Buffett was a Msian instead of a USA citizen and he can only invest in bursa, what cos would enable him to get the results he achieved now as a usd multibillionaire?
25/08/2018 21:18

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-26 09:00 | Report Abuse

Dun like that, baby jon capital 100x larger than me oh.

Good morning ah Jon, Monday hoot what stock? 25k at your disposal

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-26 10:04 | Report Abuse

PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHY SIFU LIKE ICON, CHARLES T, PROBABILITY, QQQ, CALVIN TAN, KC AND OTB ATTACK JON CHIVO ON THE ISSUE OF RM 5K FEES HE CHARGE FOR TIPS....!!

IF LIKE MOST KUNGFU MOVIES....THESE YOUNG CIKKU JON...GO & ATTACK ALL THE SIFUS KUNGFU ACADEMY IN ORDER TO GAIN FAME & PUBLICITY LOH...!

IT IS !IKE JON GETTING CHEAP PUBLICITY MILEAGE, BY BEATING EACH & EVERYONE OF THEM, THE YOUNG CIKKU GAIN RECOGNITIION LOH...!!
JUST LIKE KUNGFU MASTER WONG FEI HONG BEING DEFEATED LOH...!!

IN ORDER TO STALLED ADVANCES N PROGRESS OF THIS YOUNG CIKKU CHALLENGE, THE SIFU DECIDED TO ATTACK...INSTEAD OF BEING DEFENSIVE....WHEN THESE YOUNG CIKKU COME UP WITH 500% RETURN KUNGFU AND CHARGING RM 5K FEES FOR TIPS & KUNGFU ADVICE LOH....!!

RAIDER SAYS BE SPORTING LAH....JUST ALLOW JON CHIVO CARI MAKAN SIKIT MAH...HE IS STILL YOUNG MAH....!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-26 10:46 | Report Abuse

I don't consider myself attacking this Jon....I stay out of it.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-26 10:48 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-26 10:51 | Report Abuse

ACTUALLY JON COME IN MANY FORM & AND MANY MANY ID NAMES MAH....!!

IT IS UNLIKELY U DON ATTACK HIM LOH.....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Aug 26, 2018 10:46 AM | Report Abuse

I don't consider myself attacking this Jon....I stay out of it.

3iii

12,805 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-26 11:15 | Report Abuse

Jon.

Biasa-lah.

3iii

12,805 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-26 11:31 |

Post removed.Why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-26 11:57 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Aug 26, 2018 10:48 AM | Report Abuse
my favorite target for writing here remains OTB and KC....gives me great pleasure.

It gives me utmost pleasure just to respond to your "attack" on me too with my name stated, to expose a know-nothing, talk-nonsense, fake accountant, an incredible PLP, etc. The more you carry out personal attacks, the more you show your stupidity, ignorance, and PLPness.

See how a great PLP acts below,

Posted by qqq3 > Aug 25, 2018 11:28 PM | Report Abuse
In response to this message
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/171084.jsp
I wrote the following to KYY...and he thanked me for it.....

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-26 13:19 | Report Abuse

3iii.No business at ur lectures now have to come here curi makan kah?

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-08-26 21:06 | Report Abuse

Good sharing, very lively and real.

To sum it all, in order to make money in stock market, you may need
1. knowledge & analytical skills (FA & may be TA)
2. business sense (understand company's product, market & industries)
3. guts (action to buy & sell)
4. targets to profit & cut loss point (know where is the destination)
5. timing to act (when to buy & sell)
6. LUCK.

FUNNY TO SAY, MANY FOLLOW HEARSAY & DEPEND HEAVILY ON LUCK.

They common like the following:
1. knowledge - no time to read & analyze
2. business sense - what is that?
3. guts - rush to buy high & fear to suffer more
4. targets - 100% return in 1 week time
5. timing to act - when every buy, buy AND when everyone sell, sell
6. LUCK - YES

paperplane

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2018-08-27 01:57 | Report Abuse

750k?errrr.. Not 7.5mil or 750mil?hahahaha

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-28 17:01 | Report Abuse

How many companies do you think is that amazing in the US stock market? Less than 50 out of 25,000.

And how many selling at attractive valuations? Very very little, maybe 2 or 3.

And how big is US market? Well, Berkshire Hathaway is worth more than the entire KLSE market.

Our name is not warren buffet. Even Koon Yew Yin is a germ when it comes to worldwide capital markets.

If he try to get a meeting with warren buffet, by saying how much money he has, he won't even get past the secretary. A secretary who join WB company in 1970 probably richer than him!

And compared to koon yew yin, we are insects.

You only need one or two company. If you get in aeoncr, myeg etc early, by now you will be talking like 3iii, ahahahaha.

Of course, everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side, but by virtue of being malaysians, we have information edge about malaysia compared to foreigners.

And if we are not able to find even one or two in malaysia, what makes you think we have a better chance of finding it in the US stock market, where its so efficient, and sharks got from gigantic to tiny.

And we are complete aliens there.

You want to buy the names you know? Everyone there also know. Nvidia 60PE. Google, almost 40PE, Amazon, 250PE.

General mills and kelloggs can actually show you less profit and revenue for 2 years for you to see. 15PE, but you also don't dare buy because you wont know the consumer market there that well. Here, nestle, you know every year sure up, but there, you wont even know which consumer brand to buy.

Having said that, US now also alot of opportunities in the energy sector, quite a few energy companies at 3-6 PE. Synchrony financial is only 9PE.

I considered going to US markets in 2016, and if i did, i think i will feel like genius, because a rising tide lifts all boats. But that does not change the fact that i would probably just lucky.

Malaysian markets is actually more efficient than US market due to certain factors. But it is more inaccurate.

And there's only 9XX companies. Newbie just need to read for a few months, and they'll know the market quite closely. Of course almost none will do that.

US market, need at least 3 years to finish reading.

=====

Icon8888 I am not against Buffettology. Who am I to question a great investor like that with solid proven track record ?

25/08/2018 21:03

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-28 17:02 | Report Abuse

Every time, people say cannot find 10 baggers in malaysia, don't have companies with moat.

And yet every few years, another 10 bagger appear.

Its not no chance, we are just not smart enough yet.

====
Icon8888 I am not against Buffettology. Who am I to question a great investor like that with solid proven track record ?

25/08/2018 21:03

Post a Comment
Market Buzz