4 people like this.

325 comment(s). Last comment by Jon Choivo 2018-08-28 17:02

Koon Bee

5,187 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2018-08-25 15:00 | Report Abuse

Calvin style = tell 1 lie to cover another lie like our ex-PM until he believe all his lie are real.

joetay7

177 posts

Posted by joetay7 > 2018-08-25 15:01 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

53,408 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-08-25 15:02 | Report Abuse

BJ CORP THEME SONG

Lyrics Written by Calvin Tan

Music Adapted from FIRST OF MAY By Bee Gees

BERJAYA CORP THEME SONG

1) Oh BJ Corp I bought it for a song;

The Mighty stock that someday will perform.

Don't ask me why;

Don't let it pass you by.

To make money you all must be strong.

2) Star Buck Coffee;

Papa John Pizza too.

Mazda Champion CX5 I drive;

Redtone telco, Atlan and Magni Tech.

Businesses that will last for ever.

3) The Companies

That grew for you and me.

I watch them growing richer one by one.

And I will keep BJ Corp all the way;

This is Asia's Berkshire Hathaway.

Music from Bee Gees
FIRST OF MAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGxDx8ftX1I

NOTE: Don't buy Bj Corp ok. Price is now so cheap for Calvin to add more

joetay7

177 posts

Posted by joetay7 > 2018-08-25 15:04 |

Post removed.Why?

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2018-08-25 15:05 | Report Abuse

I'd be damned. An investor who hitherto criticizes all short term strategies now singing virtues of short term trading? Haha... What irony. A shit stirrer who criticizes quarter to quarter strategy now singing praise of getting in and out of hengyuan making a quick buck. Hahaha... man the sun will rise from the west tomorrow.

Koon Bee

5,187 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2018-08-25 15:05 | Report Abuse

All of us here busy earn money from stock but calvintaneng busy earning his bad karma for his next generation keep telling lie and missleading ppl on all the info about the stock. Nvm...continue to do what you did since you are happy to it...see the result of your next generation. God bless you.

calvintaneng

53,408 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-08-25 15:08 |

Post removed.Why?

Koon Bee

5,187 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2018-08-25 15:11 | Report Abuse

Lets see how is your next generation doing ya.

Sslee

4,926 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-08-25 16:04 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
My brother is a good trader. He is looking at uptreding (TA) with volume (sensing insider is pushing the share) take some position and seeing the volume tapping off quickly sell for profit. Do not aim to buy at the lowest or sell at the highest. It work fine for him.
Thank you

Posted by 1573246629412985 > 2018-08-25 16:12 | Report Abuse

Dear Sslee,I think yr brother has a good strategy n we should follow him.How to network with him?

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 16:36 | Report Abuse

Ur brother siapa?

Sslee

4,926 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-08-25 17:17 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
My brother work as Hostel GM in China for a Malaysia listed company. In recent family holiday in Hainan he show me a programme that monitor share trend with volume indicator. I did not follow through the programme as I am more incline for long term investment by study financial report and FA analysis. I believe such trend monitoring must be widely available in Malaysia. Anyhow my brother is just an ordinally small time trader nothing fancy of acheiving 500% return in a year.

Thank you

Posted by Learner King > 2018-08-25 17:32 | Report Abuse

Nobody realized his story if u are the TTT guy, would u disclosed ur portfolio cash trading skill etc to a stranger u just meet online? Hahahahaha obvious this suhei story is fake la hahahahaha

brushsoo

50 posts

Posted by brushsoo > 2018-08-25 17:41 | Report Abuse

Relax just read as a pastime, it is Saturday.

FamousAmos

304 posts

Posted by FamousAmos > 2018-08-25 18:19 | Report Abuse

Most of the FA gurus are nerds. Nonstop bashing TA and Traders. KC, TanEnd, now this Choivo shit. Quote this quote that but the result is still shit. Lmao.

probability

14,403 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-25 18:21 | Report Abuse

there is a big secret hidden on risk vs reward decision making....

what we need to first define is..

what is perceived as 'risk'?

and how is it perceived to give a higher 'rewards'?

I think if we can identify a stock under high risk high reward category, we can actually work to reduce the 'risk' or manage it such that we are certain to reap the fantastic rewards...

and i think i3 is a fantastic platform for sharing these and achieving it

probability

14,403 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-08-25 18:23 | Report Abuse

this is much better than coming out with lots and lots of investment theories (philosophy) from gurus...

all these knowledge carry not much values...it brings you no where..

unless you are happy with low risk low returns..slightly better than FD

I think everyone here in i3 looking forward for exceptional returns (much above the average).

as such, the objective in i3 should be more about unmasking the risk of a high risk (perceived) high return stocks

hope, my message gets through to all the aspiring sifus

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 18:24 | Report Abuse

No one is bashing you.

I even wrote an Ode, which is this post praising the skill of a ta based trader.

You think people are bashing you, because you can't justify your skill or decision making process. Ie, you cant shake off the feeling that you are just lucky.

Stop bashing yourself, Sit down and think more.

===
FamousAmos Most of the FA gurus are nerds. Nonstop bashing TA and Traders. KC, TanEnd, now this Choivo shit. Quote this quote that but the result is still shit. Lmao.
25/08/2018 18:19

FamousAmos

304 posts

Posted by FamousAmos > 2018-08-25 18:54 | Report Abuse

Lol baby jon when I first started to trade as an institution trader you were like 15? i have been through enough bear and bull markets than you do and now I am still trading full time and managing my 7 digits funds. No I am not going to collect any subscription fees or whatever shit coz I don’t need that for living so don’t ask for my results or contacts.

Go out and work hard young man. With ur kind of mentality and whatever warren Buffett shit u ain’t gonna make any money from stock market (unless you are trying to be investment guru and start selling ur whatever shit). TanEnd, KC, and now this young Choivo

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 19:48 | Report Abuse

This Amos biscuit a bit harsh but straightforward... Can I interview Amos for my PhD project?

Huat1

2,509 posts

Posted by Huat1 > 2018-08-25 19:48 | Report Abuse

Well said :D)

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 19:49 | Report Abuse

I'm a trader first and investor second. I will only do investment as soon as my fund is big enough. Now 100k let ppl laugh off chair

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 20:09 | Report Abuse

This Amos biscuit is ok.Jon baby,dun say i dun put money in ur pocket.There is a book "Market Wizards".Go read it.Then you will know how small you are.One year plus experience dun talk so much.hahaha.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:09 | Report Abuse

Good for you.

Remember croesus, nobody's track record is over until they are dead.

Would like to read your story and your philosophy some time. Did you turn a 8 figure portfolio to a 7 figure one or what?

Hahahahaha

====
Posted by FamousAmos > Aug 25, 2018 06:54 PM | Report Abuse

Lol baby jon when I first started to trade as an institution trader you were like 15? i have been through enough bear and bull markets than you do and now I am still trading full time and managing my 7 digits funds. No I am not going to collect any subscription fees or whatever shit coz I don’t need that for living so don’t ask for my results or contacts.

Go out and work hard young man. With ur kind of mentality and whatever warren Buffett shit u ain’t gonna make any money from stock market (unless you are trying to be investment guru and start selling ur whatever shit). TanEnd, KC, and now this young Choivo

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:17 | Report Abuse

Did i ever say i was big ?

Haha in markets, even fong siling etc is an ant.

yeah, ive read that book. along with the 2 new ones. It was interesting. But ultimately not for me.

Why would i want to engage in zero sum games with people much better, smarter and with more resources than me?

When i can just buy good companies, sit down, and let the natural wind behind my back push me forward.

You know, funnily, every single person profiled in that book, and the subsequent two books after.

If you add up all their net worth. They still do not exceed warren buffet. Interesting isnt it :). And warren buffet stopped raising money since 1965. Instead, he just turned USD19 per share to USD300,000 per share.

These people, their networth is derived from managing larger sums, and taking 2% per annum from those people, and 20% of the profits, if any.

While warren only had a salary of 100k per annum. Everything else is through the organic growth of his company.

I think you are missing out the real elephant. But instead keep focus on finding all the mouse's.

====
Posted by Apabagus > Aug 25, 2018 08:09 PM | Report Abuse

This Amos biscuit is ok.Jon baby,dun say i dun put money in ur pocket.There is a book "Market Wizards".Go read it.Then you will know how small you are.One year plus experience dun talk so much.hahaha.

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 20:25 | Report Abuse

Jon baby.There is only one WB,same as one Bill Gates,same as one Jack Ma.
You would do well to start as a mouse.One year plus experience talk so much.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:27 | Report Abuse

I've read every single letter from buffet from 1955 to 2018. And every step of the way, from USD 19 per share to USD300,000. Even when his capital is small, he never took undue risk.

What is being conservative?

For me, it means to only invest if you're sure of what you're buying. If you actually understand the economics and the valuation. If you know for a fact that you are buying RM1 for RM0.5 or less.

I take risk and am adventurous only when i know i am paid well for it.

You know funnily, i actually invested RM15,000 for a 5% stake in a small singaporean company when it was starting out. That was most of my capital then. In terms of valuation, it was useless then.

But i knew the boss, i knew the market, and i knew the economics of the business, and i figured, this guy can make it work.

For the last two years, it has paid me RM15,000 each year in dividend.

I think if i were to sell that stake, should be a significant sum. By far my best investment tbh ahaha.

I am willing to take almost any risk, as long as i'm understand what im getting into, am paid well for it, and i can stomach the size.

Warren buffet, his company now, insures the kind of risk no one else dare to insure. Multibilion dollar hurricanes, earth quakes, terrorism, micheal jordan legs.

Is he conservative or adventurous?

You need to revisit and study again your definitions and thinking.

=====

Icon8888 > Aug 25, 2018 01:39 PM | Report Abuse

The biggest weakness of Baby Jon is his conservativeness. Always pick stocks like retirees. (Read too many warren Buffett books).

if you are 26 yo be more adventurous lah. It is time to take risk and grow. Acting like warren buffett makes you feel good but doesn't put money in your pocket

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 20:30 | Report Abuse

Baby jon still don't get it. Talk talk talk~

Produce result then we talk

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:31 | Report Abuse

And one Jon Choivo.

When Warren was only managing a USD15mil co, he was pretty much the same as managing a USD500bil company. Except, he had much more options before then.

I am like a mouse now, i can look into very small caps that people cannot buy.

You don't change your thinking and philosophy just because you are small. But by being small, you have alot more options. that is it.

====
Posted by Apabagus > Aug 25, 2018 08:25 PM | Report Abuse

Jon baby.There is only one WB,same as one Bill Gates,same as one Jack Ma.
You would do well to start as a mouse.One year plus experience talk so much.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:32 | Report Abuse

If i tmr sailang into in Sapura Warrant.

And suddenly saudi arabia say will give loan to SAPURA ENERGY, no need right issue. And i didnt know it, but i just got damn lucky.

Warrant up 1000%.

Am i genius now or win lottery?

=====
Posted by Alex™ > Aug 25, 2018 08:30 PM | Report Abuse

Baby jon still don't get it. Talk talk talk~

Produce result then we talk

FamousAmos

304 posts

Posted by FamousAmos > 2018-08-25 20:33 | Report Abuse

Baby Jon is like the average jon I met in real life. Read / watch few Jack Ma shits and start to preach. Lol.

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 20:37 | Report Abuse

Baby after reading a few books think he can fight a war.Even veteran like 3iii also no one give a damn.Oops,it's time to change diapers for baby jon!

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 20:38 | Report Abuse

If only ma... Probablistic decision... Your call... If pokai don't blame ppl.

No need sailang to prove yourself. This kind of method is like time bomb. Anyone wipe out your account

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-25 20:56 | Report Abuse

Is a war going on? Really?

Sorry, not a trader, i don't play the zero sum game.

Lets assume alex, famousamos and apabagus is actually in the green and very much so now.

For every one of your guys, i am willing to bet that there is at least 5 poor sods in the red.

And this is over a 15 year database.

If you know anyone in a brokerage with the data, i am willing to take on the bet. With any of you. Name an amount, i'm not rich though, so its mostly for fun hahaha.

=====
Posted by Apabagus > Aug 25, 2018 08:37 PM | Report Abuse

Baby after reading a few books think he can fight a war.Even veteran like 3iii also no one give a damn.Oops,it's time to change diapers for baby jon!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2018-08-25 21:03 | Report Abuse

I am not against Buffettology. Who am I to question a great investor like that with solid proven track record ?

I AM AGAINST APPLYING BUFFETTOLOGY IN MALAYSIA.

Apart from Top Gloves, PBB and few others, how many Malaysian companies can consistently deliver growth like Coca Cola , Gillette, etc ?

=======

Warren buffet, his company now, insures the kind of risk no one else dare to insure. Multibilion dollar hurricanes, earth quakes, terrorism, micheal jordan legs.

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2018-08-25 21:08 | Report Abuse

For every Jack Ma there's millions of MLM scammers. For every Warren Buffet there's millions of snakeoil salesman / stock market seafoods

ncl90

22 posts

Posted by ncl90 > 2018-08-25 21:09 | Report Abuse

Ya...agreed with icon8888.
Klse stock most just for medium term....hold long term may lost back or back to square.

Apabagus

317 posts

Posted by Apabagus > 2018-08-25 21:18 | Report Abuse

Jon baby.Let's answer this question first.If W Buffett was a Msian instead of a USA citizen and he can only invest in bursa, what cos would enable him to get the results he achieved now as a usd multibillionaire?
Final reminder to you baby.One yr experience dun talk so much.

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 21:23 | Report Abuse

Icon sifu talk really geng. Yes, none of the companies in Malaysia have the competitive advantage compared to that of the U.S.

Nestle maybe? But bukan buatan malaysia

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 21:46 | Report Abuse

lots of theories, lots of experiences

but who can escape from being "fooled by randomness"

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 21:56 | Report Abuse

by probability > Aug 25, 2018 06:23 PM | Report Abuse

as such, the objective in i3 should be more about unmasking the risk of a high risk (perceived) high return stocks
===============

yes I agree.....a lot can be gained by knowing and thinking of risks and the risk - reward relationship.....but if everyone only thinks about the risks....who is going to commit?

can KYY commit so much if he worries so much about risks?

me? I think there is no free lunch....Higher returns are earned from taking on higher risks, ....and keep your fingers crossed.

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 22:10 | Report Abuse

3iii is the one WB loyal disciple here who is able to make money consistently in KLSE.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:14 | Report Abuse

your personality fits the environment for that period, u make a lot of money.....some other periods, how?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:15 | Report Abuse

man to fit the environment or environment to fit the man?

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 22:25 | Report Abuse

Sadly, we can’t simply change our personalities as we wish in a short time. That’s how ‘I ‘ formed. Why being so greedy? We can make a good fortune when our personalities fit into environment if we mindful where we are and applying sailang style. The rest of unfit period....enjoying life lor.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:26 | Report Abuse

by Up_down > Aug 25, 2018 10:23 PM | Report Abuse

Sadly, we can’t simply change our personalities as we wish in a short time. That’s how ‘I ‘ formed. Why being so greedy? We can make a good fortune when our personalities fit into environment if we really know our ourselves and applying sailang style. The rest of unfit period....enjoying life lor.
==========

correct

Up_down

4,283 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 22:31 | Report Abuse

That’s an ideal situation but we hardly can achieve that level of wisdom. Lol

cheated_

28 posts

Posted by cheated_ > 2018-08-25 22:33 | Report Abuse

Why TG, PBB not in your portfolio? Why instead choose LionInd, WCE, Ekovest-W, etc?

Posted by Icon8888 > Aug 25, 2018 09:03 PM | Report Abuse

I am not against Buffettology. Who am I to question a great investor like that with solid proven track record ?

I AM AGAINST APPLYING BUFFETTOLOGY IN MALAYSIA.

Apart from Top Gloves, PBB and few others, how many Malaysian companies can consistently deliver growth like Coca Cola , Gillette, etc ?

=======

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-25 22:34 | Report Abuse

Posted by Up_down > Aug 25, 2018 10:31 PM | Report Abuse

That’s an ideal situation but we hardly can achieve that level of wisdom. Lol
===========

can never because its hindsight.

klee

3,017 posts

Posted by klee > 2018-08-25 22:43 | Report Abuse

Be gentle on jon baby.He is just taking baby steps and gonna fall a lot.Be gentle please.Wakaka.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz