Be the first to like this.

98 comment(s). Last comment by Heavenly PUNTER 2019-03-27 20:40

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 07:49 | Report Abuse

No more "I hope you learn something today" ?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 07:51 | Report Abuse

Sorry I am not a difficult person

I just don't like arrogant people who throws their weight around

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 07:52 | Report Abuse

In real life, I might need to tolerate them

But in cyberworld, I just fxxk them

No consequence mah

Posted by experttanengyee > 2019-03-18 08:16 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 In real life, I might need to tolerate them

But in cyberworld, I just fxxk them

No consequence mah

And:icon8888 is a certified troll and keyboard warrior.to top it up,a spineless coward.only coward hide behind a screen and keep quiet in real life.good job!

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 08:53 | Report Abuse

Yeah this icon8888 is a low class investor. What else is new? Moving on and ignoring kids who don't add value but only know how to troll challenge without any facts. People who don't have a portfolio and don't have long terms returns are usually like that. Just because I don't put money into your investments you feel upset. Boring la.

Again I point out your investments are average companies that you paid good prices for, you feel upset? I didn't say you can't make money off it, I just don't bother because I benchmark my investment expenses, opportunity costs and performance versus KLCI returns. How did your stocks perform over the long term versus benchmark and money markets?

LCTITAN
JAKS
YOCB
SUCCESS
HENGYUAN
PETRONM
DKSH

Yes I have an opinion, which I think adds more value than your childish comments and you one word ”67 stock". What does that even mean, how did that improve investing knowledge for general public?

And I even back it up with results.

Next.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 08:59 | Report Abuse

I don't even care what stocks I pick or you pick

just show some gentleness and humility and you and I can get along well

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 08:59 | Report Abuse

I hope you learn something today

Sslee

4,783 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-18 09:01 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
Glad to contribute:
My family and mom and many of my colleagues like Skechers Go run, Go walk for the comfort and easy on the foot and knee.
My daughter likes to purchase online for Korean cosmetic and wear accessories whereas my sons purchase electronic parts on line.
My children like to travel sometime they travel by themselves and when I got time travel together. On each occasion travel insurance is the must have.
My boss will use whatsApp call when oversea.
My wife cooks family recipes curry chicken with only free range chicken from her mother chicken husbandry.
I do not take any sugar drink or Milo nowadays only plain water for me.
Our factory and office is off-limit to smoking, only a small dedicated area in front of guard-house for diehard smoker to have their puff during lunch hour.

Thank you

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 09:01 | Report Abuse

Your declaration here is funny if taken out of context:

I hereby declare :

"Investing should not be defined only as picking good stocks and holding forever to enjoy compounded return. Buying an overlooked stock to wait for market to rectify mispricing and hence provides opportunity to exit, is also considered investing. Even if it happens within few months.

Short term activities should not be automatically frowned upon. Anything bought based on careful evaluation of value and proper reasoning, and in the event that things turn sour, can be held until recovery, is considered investing.

Holding period is totally irrelevant."

You should add another line: investing should not be taken in vacuum, but must be compared against β, which is the market return.

During good times anyone can make money. But how much more than the market return is your stock picking skill, or α. Alpha or sick picking skill is about making more money than the benchmark during the good times, and losing less money than the benchmark during the bad times.

Yes holding period is irrelevant, but only idiots sell the winning lottery tickets to buy more lottery tickets.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 09:06 | Report Abuse

doesn't matter

I am entitled to my own opinion

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 09:15 | Report Abuse

SSLEE wonderful!

1. Need to study this Skechers. Yes it is a listed company. Will check out the financials.
2. Any particular Korean cosmetics? I only recently found out that Fujifilm not only did not die out during the film to digital camera age, but their knowledge in film chemical process has turned them into a cosmetics and skincare giant. This is definitely a huge market.
3. Which online site did your son use? China company's like tmall and taobao? Or a localised online retailer like shopee and Lazada?
4. Do you have a preferred travel insurer? Or do you use any cheap ones? Or is it linked to your normal insurance company?
5. Yes I use WhatsApp as well. It's owner by Facebook, which is very interesting. And it only has 67 staff doing billions of calls and data a day. A huge amount of personal data goldmine.
6. I rear chickens myself, and I constantly wonder how they can sell chickens at those prices in the wholesale market.
7. Yes general public are slowly becoming more bang conscious. Judging by the data from coca cola and McDonald's, Americans are changing their dietary needs, in the next 10-15 years I think Malaysians will change their mindset as well.
8. Yes the cigarette industry is being badly affected by the new rules. Philip Morris is also coming out with "healthier" version of being cigarettes that use cartridges which is very popular overseas. As a time, I don't invest in vice counters ( cigarettes, alcohol, gambling, ahlong), but it might make a interesting study to calculate if local cigarette stocksb are oversold.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 09:26 | Report Abuse

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior. I suggest you add more useful information like sslee that can help investors make an intelligent decision.
If all you can offer is 67 remarks, then I suggest you move on.

>>>>>>>>

con8888 doesn't matter

I am entitled to my own opinion
18/03/2019 09:06

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 09:48 | Report Abuse

My 67 remarks is targeted towards CharlesT

There is a story behind it

You can read our comments to find out more

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-03-18 09:48 | Report Abuse

When you are not busy in the jungle

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 10:35 | Report Abuse

Moving on. Not really interested in comparing sausages. More interested in learning new things everyday.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 11:06 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-18 11:09 | Report Abuse

Where is charlest btw, he stopped commenting recently.

====
Icon8888 My 67 remarks is targeted towards CharlesT

There is a story behind it

You can read our comments to find out more
18/03/2019 09:48

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 11:12 | Report Abuse

Unkers I like Innisfree for Korean products

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 11:13 | Report Abuse

Cosmetics ah you should look at Sephora, very popular among millenials

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-18 11:14 | Report Abuse

Most of the scuttlebutt i see, valuations is a bit rich now.

Iqiyi? Loss making as hell. But the largest streaming co in china. Yangxi palace and all.

If you think it can survive say 3-5 years, and after that make extraordinary profit. Can gua.

Netflix, easily the leader in india. But so hard to swallow at this price.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 11:14 | Report Abuse

it's owned by LVMH

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-18 11:16 | Report Abuse

LVMH at 26 times earnings.

Maybe i guess. No idea.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 11:17 | Report Abuse

Yes Choivo boy around 25++, around there. They own most of the rich people brands, quite solid

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 11:18 | Report Abuse

20 years from now do you think you will see people going crazy over Louis Vuitton?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 11:19 | Report Abuse

to me LVMH is just like non electronic version of Apple, strong moat, very deep too, anyone try to cross it will drown or eaten by the crocodiles in the moat.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 11:59 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 > Mar 18, 2019 08:59 AM | Report Abuse

I hope you learn something today
===========

a contrarian approach is always welcomed. Practicing patience is not a bad virtue, ( most of the time).

I have no problem making money. But patience is a difficult trait for me....and then, there is the problem of the second and third stock, refinancing risk and losing back every thing.

The only viable solution is S= Q r.

Go big at certain times/ opportunities.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 12:01 | Report Abuse

qqq3, unker i prefer Philip method to be honest, go big at one company, no need do so much work, just buy only

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 12:03 | Report Abuse

by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 18, 2019 12:01 PM | Report Abuse

qqq3, unker i prefer Philip method to be honest, go big at one company, no need do so much work, just buy only
========

I agree.

I think all young people should try out Philips method. Its the most assured way for long term success, success over a life time.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 12:07 | Report Abuse

Yeah that's why I am telling myself to buy 1 lot of PCHEM every month, hopefully the transaction costs don't add up till too much gua. But I think okay lah RM 8 only. If I don't buy I will spend it, also go missing, rather pay extra RM 8 and hopefully can retire 10 years earlier.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 12:11 | Report Abuse

I'm trying to dive down to items that we interact with on a daily basis, not things most people would not buy or even look at on a daily basis.
1. Sephora is interesting, and it belongs to LVMH, which I really like. I'll take a look at that, a big Sephora just opened in KK Imago mall at the main circle. Huge shop with hundreds of private label selections, selling at SaSa price. Worth looking at.
2. Netflix I started watching. It's a wonderful company, and I dont think the likes of disney+ and hulu and others will be able to compete with their narrow minded thinking. disney seems to think I will sign up and pay just for the pleasure of watching disney shows versus paying for netflix and its encyclopedia of documentaries, movies, netflix originals etc. I might invest in it, if I see some more growth triggers on it ( if they start sponsoring KL directors to make more local films, i'm definitely pulling the trigger), they have a huge growth potential, and none of the political problems that taxis and ubers face.
3. I'm not really looking at skincare companies because I dont think they have a good competitive advantage long term (unless their products really can reverse aging process)

Any LOCAL products, companies, that we are exposed to on a daily basis that is interesting?

Or are we really running out of homegrown businesses/products that are able to compete overseas?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 12:11 | Report Abuse

good attitude. Treat Bursa as a place to invest/ participate in the growth of excellent companies for long term wealth.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 12:11 | Report Abuse

Unker, no offence, but Durex seems interesting.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 12:12 | Report Abuse

Local products ah I think Carlsberg not bad ah, but then it comes from overseas so cannot also lah

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 12:13 | Report Abuse

I prefer buying every quarter, that way I get the reaffirmation from quarterly report so I can see deeper into things.

>>>>

Yeah that's why I am telling myself to buy 1 lot of PCHEM every month, hopefully the transaction costs don't add up till too much gua. But I think okay lah RM 8 only. If I don't buy I will spend it, also go missing, rather pay extra RM 8 and hopefully can retire 10 years earlier.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 12:13 | Report Abuse

(70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > Mar 18, 2019 12:11 PM | Report Abuse

( if they start sponsoring KL directors to make more local films, i'm definitely pulling the trigger

=====

Netflix bought over the rights to Ini Kali lah, the GE 14 movie.......just too bad, its a boring show. Watched on Netflix.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 12:16 | Report Abuse

hmm Unker Philip ah, yeah Quarterly seems good idea but I have problem, is I see money I spend it, so better lah buy every month HAHA

Sslee

4,783 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-18 13:11 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
My children when travel by themselves. They will plan months ahead, get a cheap ticket from Airasia and bought tunepro travel insurance and book their accommodation thro’ Airbnb. Only when travel in family they will book travel packet by travel agent because papa had to foot all the bills (haha). I do not know normally travel agents bought travel insurance from which insurance company.

My daughter, she use Hermo.my - Online Beauty Shop to get the new arrivals, hot deal with no particular brand in mind.

My son use shopee.com.my for local purchase and taobao for more varieties of product.

Thank you.

brushsoo

50 posts

Posted by brushsoo > 2019-03-18 13:14 | Report Abuse

Phillip this blog is very good and inspiring for investing idea. Much better than your suggestion on transforming I3investor into a pay services,

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-18 13:36 | Report Abuse

Shopee burns 250mil usd per annum. Very hard to see, who will win, lazada or who.

Airasia also i guess, the most palatable valautions wise.

For LVMH, you should note, Prada revenue and profit drop 4 years in a row d.

Will this happen to LVMH? Will china be able to come up with their own luxury brand stealing from LVMH? Is the new generation still buying LVMH, or is their growth in prior years just a temporary bump from china.

Hard questions.

Netflix sponsors alot of local content worldwide. but the price though. So hard to swallow.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 13:40 | Report Abuse

No choivo you are wrong. China people they really love LVMH like crazy, even Malaysians also love it. They buy it like crazy because of the LV brand, nothing else. As for Moet and Hennesy, both are good drinks, rich people that can afford it will keep buying it, it won't change easily. If you think you can make a champagne that can beat Moet, I would love you see how well you do. Basically Moet is like High Class Coca Cola. Hennesy I dunno lah coz I don't drink that.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-18 13:42 | Report Abuse

Airasia is okay lah, but like all airline businesses so heavily dependant on fuel price, and the profit goes in crazy swings. If airlines, I will only consider Singapore Airlines, strong brand, good moat, profit also consistent at least no negative earnings surprises.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 14:33 | Report Abuse

I think fuel costs will be the benchmark for all the airline companies. The difference maker for them will be the ancillary costs, which I think Air Asia is still tops at. In the long term, air asia will do well, because Tony Fernandez has realized that the future for AA is not in airlines alone, but as a vertically integrated transportation company. If I read his company roadmap properly, and he acts up on accordingly with good results, I think they will be spectacular. As it is, I would advise those who invest in Air Asia to monitor its quarterly earnings closely for any flight deviation.

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2019-03-18 15:24 | Report Abuse

Facebook.

Last year when it went down to USD120++, i didn't hesitate to jump in. My only regret is i should have buy more.

Posted by (70B-SAPNRG-3Yrs) Philip > 2019-03-18 16:45 | Report Abuse

Haha I don't really understood the use of it, being from older generation, buy my daughter loves it. I should take a deeper look into it.

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2019-03-18 17:27 | Report Abuse

Phillip, i'm pretty sure u use Whatsapp :)

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-18 17:31 | Report Abuse

You should.

There is no better aggregator of information for news, family/friend events etc.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-03-18 17:32 | Report Abuse

TSMC, i think you will like this one as well.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 19:11 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kianweiaritcles/198478.jsp

payment processor also worth so much?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 19:18 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kianweiaritcles/198472.jsp

goes to show scuttle butts and fallen angels also can make a lot of money for u or lose a lot of money for u....its all in the timing.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-18 19:33 | Report Abuse

Instead of going all in and investing in things I know nothing about, I'd like to harness the power of the I3 investors to see what successful brands, companies and products that they see on an average day that they buy, compete with,or are very impressed with in general in their daily lives.
=============

If u consider b to b not just b to c, then Vitrox has to be up there.

Malaysia is a technology importer, a trend importer, a brands importer....NOT a creator. Vitrox is the only true technology creator , trend creator and brands creator Bursa has to offer.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz