ALCOM GROUP BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ALCOM (2674)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.025 (3.25%)

Day's Change

0.745 - 0.75

Trading Volume

1 person likes this.

5,602 comment(s). Last comment by Robert Waters 2023-05-23 22:32

forgot090

997 posts

Posted by forgot090 > 2017-08-29 10:26 | Report Abuse

RELAX ......still long to go,be patient.....

ganp

83 posts

Posted by ganp > 2017-08-29 10:38 | Report Abuse

Cooool !

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-29 10:46 | Report Abuse

In Malaysia, Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd wrote in a note today that "stocks on the local bourse could extend profit-taking activities in the absence of fresh catalyst to boost market sentiment throughout the shortened trading week and final week of financial reporting season."

ganp

83 posts

Posted by ganp > 2017-08-29 11:26 | Report Abuse

Wait for fresh lead in September then.

zoomsbooms

783 posts

Posted by zoomsbooms > 2017-08-29 14:11 | Report Abuse

while kianjoo under perform on its newly announced qr, alcom still manage to produce a fairly good result..congrats.

Posted by MilkyTrich Chia > 2017-08-29 16:44 | Report Abuse

Good result but dropping.... I think need waiting for next QR ady...

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2017-08-29 16:56 | Report Abuse

a bit concern is the gross profit
just meagre of 5%
let said competition heat up
this 5% going to disappear overnight
(just food for thought)

RJ87

5,133 posts

Posted by RJ87 > 2017-08-29 17:27 | Report Abuse

Good thing to take away now it's at least it's not super over priced...Earnings maintained and PE went down.

I can't imagine how those entered at RM1.70-RM1.80 feel like now...Must be something along the line of "Golden Palace my ass".

Larrytrader

1,453 posts

Posted by Larrytrader > 2017-08-29 17:54 | Report Abuse

这年头市场不好。zzz

zoomsbooms

783 posts

Posted by zoomsbooms > 2017-08-29 18:59 | Report Abuse

next qr wouldnt likely to be better as they will hav a new debt from the capital repayment..thus reducing the NTA, increasing the gearing..

you hav to wait for another 2 qr to see the recovery in earning, providing the alum price still remain high..

michaelwong

3,072 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2017-08-29 19:08 | Report Abuse

The real reasons behind the dropped is to some investors mindset who currently felt that the price has dropped tremendously , so some who wish to take risks to take up position to buy cheap and to wait for rebound to make some quick profits. However, if the price didn't surge up with low volume, they cannot afford to hold stock for longer term due to shortage of funds, there are compelled and forced to sell down like T3 or or T5 and thus subsequently forces the price continuously to go lower. The market are filled up with different types of investing strategies by different types of people's , so its quite difficult to ascertain the movement unless a bigger combined forces to take the lead. We as small investors must follow and adjust to the trend to buy stocks preferably that attracts maximum investors participation with sustainable profits not to name a few like penta,jhm and mmsv which keeps rising and overvalued, but people continued to buy ignoring certain risks factors. This is part of my personal sharing and hope read it with good faith but not with bad intentions. The alcomates brothers have done their very best through sharings with informations that best supported alcom share. Thnks!!!

Posted by jason0202 > 2017-08-29 19:12 | Report Abuse

Market need some time to digest the good QR result. Time will tell. Happy investing :)

The_Reds

2,025 posts

Posted by The_Reds > 2017-08-29 22:36 | Report Abuse

michaelwong..ur analysis is quite reasonable, so we just need to wait for the force to lead us again..who knows alu price hits another new high again and it might spur the rise of all alu counter

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-08-29 23:20 | Report Abuse

are trump gonna take action? since NK naughty fly a kite again

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-30 04:30 | Report Abuse

@meistsk3134 Think about this:
1. Trump is bogged down by idiosyncrasies in Congress.
2. The recent violence over white supremacy.
3. Harvey-hit flooding woes
4. Russian interference in US election
5. The repercussions of trade war with China
6. Spate of collisions involving US warships.
7. An enormous amount of debt
8. 800 military bases throughout the world to maintain

Fighting a war incurs cost beyond a wedding dinner.

With internal turmoil and external problems, do you think Trump will take action?

The market will gradually take cognizance of this NK-US tension and will soon price in the risk-reward factors.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-30 08:15 | Report Abuse

Gud morning to yuanlong57, LPTan68, kennyku, The _Reds, forgot090, Md Abd Fahmi, zoomsbooms, Yip2880, nelsonchew, hoheho, choolooi, tingangap1 n all Alcomates.

[@RJ87 Good thing to take away now it's at least it's not super over priced...Earnings maintained and PE went down.

I can't imagine how those entered at RM1.70-RM1.80 feel like now...Must be something along the line of "Golden Palace my ass".
29/08/2017 17:27]

[@RJ87: Jul 9, 2017 11:46 AM | Report Abuse

Monday T+0 all in...T+4 exit...Friday correction. Then repeat.]

For all ALCOMATE BROS sharing: This is my response to his posts on the 29/8.
P/E alohe does not determine whether a stock is over or under priced. Many other factors have to b taken into account whether it's a WORTHWHILE INVESTMENT. If u guys r interested u can go through my previous postings!
Just bcos 2day u get your degree does NOT NECESSARILY EQUATE TO INSTANTANEOUS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THINGS U DO NOT KNOW YESTERDAY.
A fav comment from my X BOSS abt an employee who wants to show off when told that there's a "better way" to do solve the problem encountered which he wasn't able to resolve yesterday. He answered by saying "I got my CERTIFICATE TODAY" U know.
Hence the retort from my X boss.

Base on HIS RECOMMENDATION TO BUY on 9/7 ABOVE:

Price on July 10th:
H=1.83
L= 1.72
Cls=1.75

So I guess HE MUST B CALLING HIMSELF A REAL SHITTY ASS RIGHT NOW BCOS HE'S A TRADER. How he intends to trade is his business but I feel that one should not b a hypocrite by assuming all others all beneath one's intelligence.

That is why WB is so right abt HONESTY BEING AN EXPENSIVE GIFT N U CANNOT GET IT FROM CHEAP PEOPLE.

Ok. Enuff said.

Gud luck n happy investing.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-30 08:54 | Report Abuse

michaelwong:
v well thought out reasonings.
Let's look at the quotes by WB below:

Buffett’s Only Two Rules For Investing…

“Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1”

2) The Market Can Price Things Wrong

“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

So the question is:
Should v sell at a loss like a trader or hold it as AN INVESTMENT after due diligence on the counter?
FOR ME the answer is OBVIOUS as in the above quotes. V get better value if it comes down which v as investors can take advantage of IF V HAVE XTRA MONEY TO SPARE!!!
Don't b a trader!! V can NEVER beat the maestro.
Better b a tortoise than the hare. As in a chinese idiom which says" cha kin lun pua wa" meaning in a haste to eat the rice we ended up breaking the bowl!
Food for thoughts.
Gud luck n happy investing.
Comment is not meant as a recommendation to buy or sell. Use infos as u see fit.

Posted by shermen wenn > 2017-08-30 09:38 | Report Abuse

wat happen?keeping drop?

Posted by jason0202 > 2017-08-30 09:54 | Report Abuse

well said jefflim1234.

The_Reds

2,025 posts

Posted by The_Reds > 2017-08-30 09:59 | Report Abuse

whoever sell at the price as low as 1.24 must be too desperate...maybe they cash out for merdeka celebration :P

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2017-08-30 10:12 | Report Abuse

Morning everyone and to the Alcomates Band .

This Alcom organism is really a tough tough guy.
It is challenging onlookers to pick it up at rm 1.26 (now at 10.12am)

Real joker !

slts

2,235 posts

Posted by slts > 2017-08-30 10:37 | Report Abuse

going to palace of hollans everyday
high alu price add cost pressure to alcom
but good for pmetal

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-30 11:06 | Report Abuse

Took a small bite at a pie tis morning at 1.25 as WB says " Be greedy when others r fearful .........."

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-30 13:20 | Report Abuse

Like this piece I came across at Facebook this morning.

[ #quote from Bill Miller star manager at Legg Mason who beat the S&P 500 for 15 years in a row.

Certainty belongs to mathematics, not to markets.
So if someone on CNBC or Bloomberg TV is convincing, just remember, there’s no data on the future!

http://blog.stockflare.com/quote/2014/11/28/certain-bills/

The moral of the story is, even with solid fundamentals, creditable technicals and brilliant quarterly report, Alcom may even defy conventional wisdom as, 'certainty belongs to mathematics, not to markets.'

As investors, we need to accept this reality, by readjusting and restrategizing our investing goals accordingly.

Posted by shermen wenn > 2017-08-30 15:54 | Report Abuse

haiz..up 1 day drop.1 month

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2017-08-30 16:22 | Report Abuse

Yuanlong ,

Fully agree

"Certainty has no place in this market".

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2017-08-30 16:28 | Report Abuse

4 days of rest.

Then return to UNCERTAINTY.

Have a restful long weekend Alcomates.

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-08-30 17:12 | Report Abuse

Cheers all alcomates!!!! Alcome counter will fly to golden premier palace...... if u believe, it can do it!!

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-08-30 17:18 | Report Abuse

lose money and cheer. win money can go 14th?

ganp

83 posts

Posted by ganp > 2017-08-30 17:29 | Report Abuse

Sailing further to South....on an extended journey probably 6 months and more..

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-08-30 23:16 | Report Abuse

kenykukubird coming scam news.. alcom rise from cent to rm2. it already high. see the revenue gain, they not much

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-31 10:37 | Report Abuse

Good morning to all Alcomates.
Happy Independence Day, Malaysia.

@ Jefflim1234
[ Jefflim1234 Took a small bite at a pie tis morning at 1.25 as WB says " Be greedy when others r fearful .........."
30/08/2017 11:06 ]

I added further positions at Alcom in the dying minutes of the afternoon trading session yesterday. I was slightly lucky than you to get at 1.24.

How I wished I could get such highly discounted price at 1.24 earlier on before ex-date of capital repayment!

Nevertheless, I didn't regret as I'm thankful for the good blessings to have the opportunity to continue buying Alcom at such discounted price.

I had anticipated that the North Korea-US and India-China Donglang border geopolitical tensions would cause some constipation in the market.

I knew at near term funds would flow into safe haven. I had anticipated that very soon the market would price in such fear and normalised back again.

My RHB Gold & General Fund (unit trust) performed brilliantly together with my ETF-traded gold, giving me fresh leverage to buy Alcom.

As I mentioned in earlier threads before, diversification helps to balance spread out our risk-reward ratio in our investing portfolio.

One of them, I chose gold investment as it has inverse correlation to equities.

When the equity market constipated owing to geopolitical tension, capital funds would flow into safe haven assets like gold.

Monetizing my gold investment allows additional cash flow to allow me to go for bottom fishing when opportunity arises.

In the Edge Malaysia, Aug 28 - Sept 3, 2017, page 14 - Corporate (Investing) "Rethink Volatility = Risk," Tong Kooi Kong wrote an incisive article saying that the textbook understanding of, "The more volatile the stock is and hence, the higher the risks," is far from the complete truth.

"For the investor, there are more pertinent risk factors such as those concerning governance, earnings and profitability, the ability to service short and long term obligations and so on."

"In other words, risks should be a function of the underlying fundamentals of the company (The cause) not the volatility of the stock price itself, which is the effect of the other."

Tong summarised that smaller caps do display greater price volatility compared with their larger peers, especially in the short term.

He went on to stress that if an investor is going to buy these stocks, he has to make sure they are fundamentally sound and be prepared to stay longer term.

As long as the investor is not leveraged, stock price volatility is inconsequential to him, except for opportunity costs, Tong added.

How does this information help me to rationalize the present situation in Alcom? Some self reflections and review is needed. Ha, ha, ha.

[ The_Reds whoever sell at the price as low as 1.24 must be too desperate...maybe they cash out for merdeka celebration :P
30/08/2017 09:59 ]

@ The_Reds Thanks to some desperate souls probably cashing out, I wouldn't have the opportunity to top up Alcom at such discounted price.

Now do you agree there is opportunity in adversity? Someone's adversity becomes your opportunity and vice versa.

I remember vaguely something like "Investing is the transfer of capital assets from the impatient to the patient."

Spiderman's uncle advised him, "Great power comes with great responsibility."

Borrowing this tagline, for the investor, "Great volatility and uncertainty, comes great adversity with hope for opportunity."

I started this 'Merdeka narrative special' about 2.00 a.m. dozed off until 5.15 a.m. scripted a few lines ... slept again.. woke up 9.15 a.m. to put the final closure.

My smartphone lying by my side, battery power draining from 100% to 63%.

MERDEKA to all.

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-08-31 12:06 | Report Abuse

Good morning to jefflim,yuanlong,lptan,forgot090,thered and zoombooms!!! Can i ask so monday got market? Since our pm said it is a holiday....

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-08-31 12:41 | Report Abuse

no trade. public holiday
y

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2017-08-31 13:38 | Report Abuse

But Alcom Forum is still open on Monday. Ha, ha, ha.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-31 17:36 | Report Abuse

Gud afternoon all my bro Alcomates:

[@yuanlong57:Certainty belongs to mathematics, not to markets.
So if someone on CNBC or Bloomberg TV is convincing, just remember, there’s no data on the future! ]

[@choolooi:"Certainty has no place in this market".]

How ABSOLUTELY TRUE: So in other words what should v as investors do when v r called upon to make decisions in the face of this uncertainty with limited infos abt the future???
Our goal will be NOT BY ELIMINATING THE UNCERTAINTY BUT INSTEAD BY DEVELOPING THE ART OF BEING CLEAR IN THE FACE OF UNCERTAINTY.
In a stock market transaction there is always a buyer and a seller. Both will always think that they r astute in their decision, and the other one is a fool. Otherwise there will b no transaction done.
Only time will reveal Who is the BIGGER FOOL.

Just something to tickle your minds over the long holidays. Have a GREAT ONE all bro Alcomates. Cheerio.

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-08-31 18:43 | Report Abuse

so polite

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-08-31 18:55 | Report Abuse

What is the worst dilemmas that is always confronting weak investors/ traders???
UNCERTAINTY!
They become traumatised, emotional, confused to the point of becoming impatient. Worse still they tend to solve short term problems in a way that hurts them financially in the long run!!!
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS my alcomates bros.
Can't wait to see whether greater value comes my way next week when trading resumes.
Have a great long weekend.

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-09-01 08:06 | Report Abuse

d morning to yuanlong57, LPTan68, kennyku, The _Reds, forgot090, Md Abd Fahmi, zoomsbooms, Yip2880, nelsonchew, hoheho, choolooi, tingangap1 n all Alcomates.
Since it will b a long weekend n there is plenty of time for everyone to reflect on the market sentiments, I would like to share with all my alcomate bros/Sis ( sorry I left you people out previously......not intentional-- just a habit of referring all as bros) on what some of these eminent people say abt the market place:

By John Maynard Keynes when highlighting the dangers of shorting ( for traders ) AND the pain of VALUE INVESTING ( for investors):
Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent!

So what can v do to remain solvent n do well????? Here's the answers from some eminent people well respected throughout the world community in their investment philosophies:

By Warren Buffet (WB)
“Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1”

“If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.”

"Never invest in a business you cannot understand."

‘Buy into a company because you want to own it, not because you want the stock to go up.’

The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd."
‘Success in investing doesn’t correlate with IQ … what you need is the temperament to control the urges that get other people into trouble in investing.’

"Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time: You can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant."

"In the short term, the market is a popularity contest. In the long term, the market is a weighing machine."
Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies. And if they insist on trying to time their participation in equities, they should try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful."

"I call investing the greatest business in the world ... because you never have to swing. You stand at the plate, the pitcher throws you General Motors at 47! U.S. Steel at 39! and nobody calls a strike on you. There's no penalty except opportunity lost. All day you wait for the pitch you like; then when the fielders are asleep, you step up and hit it."

Here's what Charlie Munger has to say abt investing in the market:

"People are trying to be smart - all I am trying to do is not to be idiotic, but it's harder than most people think."

"The BIG MONEY is NOT in the buying and selling..........it is in the WAITING"

" There is no substitute to learning. The best thing a human being can do is to help other people know more and I don't think people are going to keep learning who don't like the learning process."

Here's what Alvin Toffler has to say abt learning:

The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot read. It will be the person who does not know how to learn.

Ok. Enuff of sharing for now. HOPE IT IS OF VALUE VALUE TO U GUYS/ GIRLS.
Have a great long weekend.

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 08:38 | Report Abuse

warren buffet already updated. never lose money? invest in 10 year? wo hahaha. some might gain more money by playing volume share just for few week few. yes that call gamble not invest, invest is month

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 08:40 | Report Abuse

10 year we might not know what happen to the company what gonna gappen on the world. study n use smart way play. dun be a book worm use book formula

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 08:41 | Report Abuse

alco does good term in aluminium as world are using it. yet alcom have only few product few asset. i not sure are they manufacture own alu or purchase from pmetal?

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 08:41 | Report Abuse

yet are their marketing promoter term good?

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 08:44 | Report Abuse

and does alcom have interest shareholder?

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-09-01 10:32 | Report Abuse

[@meisrsk3134:10 year we might not know what happen to the company what gonna gappen on the world. study n use smart way play. dun be a book worm use book formula]

My response:
If u think that's the way to your so called investing [ investing meaning months!!!) DO IT YOUR WAY AT YOUR OWN FANCY. MONEY IS YOURS. WHETHER U MAKE OR LOSE IT'S NONE OF OTHER'S BUSINESS!!! AS the chinese saying goes " Song tiau ho!) translated literally as " happy is enough"! Your use of the WORD PLAY SAYS IT ALL!!
Your statement of NOT KNOWING what is going to happen to the company or the world in 10 years time TOTALLY DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL FROM YOUR POINT VIEW OF BEING AN INVESTMENT BEING IN MONTHS! If your LOGIC IS CORRECT THEN V ALSO DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN THE NEXT DAY OR EVEN THE NEXT MOMENT IN TIME AS V R COMMENTING. SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR SO CALLED "INVESTING" which will b truly a WASTE OF your time n effort!!
BTW the meaning of 10 years in NOT LITERAL. It means that say after your own due diligence n IF u think it's worth rm5.00 then after the share has gone beyond rm 5 n it's no more of great/good then u sell!! BUt IF after it has gone beyond rm5 n your OWN NEW DILIGENCE SHOWS it is still of GREAT VALUE then u should hold onto the shares UNTIL SUCH TIME THAT it is no more of good value!! It also means dun b distracted by the noises AFTER DUE DILIGENCE in the SHORT TERM AS THE MARKET CAN BEEN QUITE IRRATIONAL.
My guess is that u haven't done your OWN DUE DILIGENCE from the comments that u have been posting in the forum.
My 2 sen worth for u AND FOR ALL ALCOMATES TO PONDER OVER!!
Gud luck to your OWN investing concept!! If u r happy that's ENUFF!! ha ha ha..

Posted by Jefflim1234 > 2017-09-01 10:58 | Report Abuse

[@meistsk3134:.............. study n use smart way play. dun be a book worm use book formula]

BTW I do agree that I am NOT SMART BUT I 'm just TRYING NOT TO BE AN IDIOT as Charlie Munger would say! Only SMART PEOPLE WOULD 'PLAY' THE MARKET. I am NOT UP TO THAT LEVEL YET SO MAYBE SOME ONE MIGHT SAY "U R STUPID TO DUMB DUMB HOLD"
SO LONG AS I ACHIEVED MY TARGET DESTINATION IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW I MANAGED TO GET THERE WHETHER IT'S ADJUSTING MY SAILS, ETC ETC...
Btw There''s NO FORMULA to use in stock market investing!! If there is then ALL THE LIBRARIANS WOULD B THE RICHES PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
There is only LEARNING from other people's EXPERIENCE. It is a DYNAMIC PROCESS n that is WHY V R SHARING!!!
ha ha ha ha ha.

forgot090

997 posts

Posted by forgot090 > 2017-09-01 11:39 | Report Abuse

meistsk3134 maybe lose too many , i think aways is loser , then come this forum ka ka cao cao ..

kennyku

494 posts

Posted by kennyku > 2017-09-01 20:24 | Report Abuse

Hahaha poor meistsk

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 22:39 | Report Abuse

lol foolish keep listen waren buffer no wonder become gambler. invest 10 year ptuih

meistsk3134

2,368 posts

Posted by meistsk3134 > 2017-09-01 22:44 | Report Abuse

u guy butthurt, i can accept what u guy try write long story and understand it. unlike some1 butthurt and scratch ass scold back lmao. like kenykukubird and forgotten bheadless

Post a Comment
Market Buzz