GENTING BHD

KLSE (MYR): GENTING (3182)

+0.05 (1.05%)

4.76 - 4.81

43 people like this.

83,030 comment(s). Last comment by ClaraChan94 11 minutes ago

neohts

2,210 posts

Posted by neohts > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

So I don't think LKT will apply impairment this quarter.

keyman

426 posts

Posted by keyman > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

To what level is considered as good? It was around 6 before pendemic. As most of share in bursa if not reached to their all time high or recovered to pre pendemic. If G still like this... 4.xx... 5.xx... How Lkt got to show off.... Look at Boss Yeoh... Jalan pun ada angin... This baru so called. SHOW off...

neohts

2,210 posts

If we all know YTL can go up so high a few months ago, we won't be here. So blame ourselves for didn't invest in YTL.

neohts

2,210 posts

Forget about the past and decided when we should buy or sell Genting.

keyman

426 posts

Haha... Nobody is expecting G. A second Ytl. The best senario return to pre pendemic 6, 7, if taurx could give some power to G. Possible reach 8....Dont expect could more than this...

Posted by Raymond Tiruchelvam > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

some analysis for GenB shareholders :-) share is trading at current T4Q earnings of 24c at PE of 19.61x, in order to achieve lets say PE of 12x (which is currently YTLP PE)..... GenB need to make 38c in annual earnings... moving forward. Can this be achieved?? EPS B4 covid historical; 2019-51c; 2018-35c and 2017-39c... averaging at 41c..... is this worth the wait?..... (Note: YTLP is currently making 10c a qtr, and known to achieve 40c per annum- kinda) ....peace

Daim88

98 posts

Posted by Daim88 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

1 day show, very much expected. Am very frustrated that Genting didn't perform like YTL, Topglov and Myeg.

Genting's Pre pandemic profit before tax = RM 1 billion ++, after tax = RM 500m++
If this quarter Genting can achieve this, then we might see big show next Friday as the King is back.

Only 10 days wait... am stucked with this mother f for 4 years already, nothing to lose.

TauRx won't happen in near term lah, don't dream about RM 8 or RM 9. If this quarter can hit HLB target RM 7 already can break even.

keyman

426 posts

For this counter, if you bought during the worst period of pendemic, congratulation you are supposed to have more than 1/3 profit in hand. If you bought when we all having vaccines, then maybe you are managed to have 10% profit margin. Other time rather than this... Sorry either you are still breakeven or making losses with the current price.

keyman

426 posts

Yes you are right. 7 is reach able. 8 supposed a vision. 9 is just a dream.
10 if everyone get mad...

choysun

4,309 posts

Posted by choysun > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Gamestop la. Everyone will get mad... Hahaha

Save

806 posts

Posted by Save > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Checked Moomoo: As at 30 April 2024, Shareholder activity: Increased share changes: Blackrock +2.69M, Victory Capital M +1.82M, First trust +524K...........: Decreased share chnages Charles Schwab -195K.......... Blackrock shareholding now is 1.48%, at 4th place....think about it

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Posted by Riaz1954 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Foreign institutional investments are peanuts. Blackrock up, but what % holding! Also others are selling as the price has done nothing suggesting net redemption I.e more sellers than buyers.

kent9988

Posted by kent9988 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

malaysia big investor Chua Ma Yu buy 22m unit in 2022,10m unit in 2023.成为第10大股东,他的买入100%不会低过4快。现在才4.7

keyman

426 posts

就像澳门扑克王 当时买airasia 0.60 现在airasia 也就0.8x 几年就赚个50%。 国际大买家老板也只是拿到这样的投资绩效,我们也不用太自卑。只能说 跟错老板呗。像tony fernandes... 妥妥的企业明星,满满的creativity
Airasia 赚钱了吗,

yongmin

Posted by yongmin > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

buy ytlpower aeoncr cimb genting maybank ihh TP RM 10

keyman

426 posts

又是那种死人pattern. One day show.... Bo bien....

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Set a snare to trap small investors again.

eagleye

73 posts

Posted by eagleye > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Trend going forward
ytlp
ytlP
ytlPOWER

OnTime

2,188 posts

Posted by OnTime > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

let the trend be ur friend.

rickygiam

122 posts

Posted by rickygiam > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Kok thay call me say flushing out contra players first, end of week closing will sure b positive+

eagleye

73 posts

Forgotten glove industry
May 15 - glove manufacturers surged on Wednesday after US raised tariffs on Chinese rubber medical & surgical gloves to 25% from 7.5%.
Top Glove Corp Bhd rose 20% to RM1.15.
Hartalega Holdings Bhd climbed 19% to RM3.51 while
Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd was up 16% to RM2.76.

Posted by Johnchew123 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Coming next week QR 24 th May ,if net profit can achieved 300 mil ,better than QR Feb 150 mil , one more time gap up , after that Genting will trade 5.20 to 5.50 for whole month JUN

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Genting, May go past 5 but won’t stay there as we know there are insiders selling ……if the results were so go good we would have seen some action ahead of 25 May. Let’s hope impairment tool is not used. Cost control is major issue with this group.

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

GenB may rise above 5.50 and then retreat back to 5, maintaining the share price above 5 in the coming weeks... swee bo

AngTayKor

1,788 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Opinions are often wrong. The chart is always right. Follow the chart.

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Yes, sure charts are important, and I have been following them since 2011! Thinking the down trend is over. What charts don’t reveal is the behaviour of the owner as they are not based on business but liquidity needs elsewhere!

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Agree genting should be well north of 5.40. Let’s see. Luckily I make my money in US and recently UK markets.

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Special dividend? Share buy back to improve EPS? That’s what good companies are doing specially when share price is below valuation by a good margin I guess not as there is considerable debt in the books and poor performing and draining Empire resorts dumped on Genting.

Yes, whatever I have kepo.. kepo is purely my opinion. When the share price is rising, I won't rush to buy instead, I will sell a small portion of my holdings.

I don't read chart. I only add to my position when Genting has a correction

AngTayKor

1,788 posts

1 month ago | Report Abuse

FF buying.... better buy now
Closing price 4.80 hari ini?
此时(4.60 - 4.70) 已经是国時代了...好比4.00- 4.10的時候
------------

Thats what will usually happen when people dont read chart before buying or selling. Opinions are often wrong. Anyway chart reading is just a small skill. Trader's mental psychology and position sizing are much more important factors for success. Be patient, strike at the right time. When its time to strike, do not procrastinate. Be bold, trust your judgment and pull the trigger.

neohts

2,210 posts

I don't know how to read chart.
I will be very disappointed if price cannot break 5.20 before AGM.

eagleye

73 posts

@AngTayKor is correct abt charts.
Cannot buy based on opinion, etc.
Can't control owner's manipulation & trading

Genting Highlands Development Update: https://youtu.be/kf8BblyDt8E

https://youtu.be/sgjtMwHCaW0?si=qYRHnhQk5yEaseiE
They are my true masters..

https://youtu.be/sOS2EDE11HY?si=LB_k4O_3rD2p61Y7

Charts are easily available for reference, though I don't trust this nonsense

AngTayKor

1,788 posts

Charts are easily available. Everyone incl amateurs n top professionals are reading the same chart. Need to see how skillful the reader to interpret the trend n price action.

AngTayKor

1,788 posts

Posted by neohts > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse
I don't know how to read chart.
I will be very disappointed if price cannot break 5.20 before AGM.
-----------

@neohts you need to be mentally prepared to be very disappointed. We cannot control where price will be moving. We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails.

It is against human nature to be a good trader. When price is moving against them, the professionals "take immediate action" cut their losses very quickly. Amateurs usually held on losing positions, "hope and hope" for price to recover. When price is moving correctly after trade execution, its time to hope for price to move higher. But amateurs usually cut their profits too quickly to lock in meagre profit. So when its time to "take immediate action", amateurs will be clinging on to "hope". When its time to "hope", amateurs have a tendency to "take action" too early.

eagleye

73 posts

The real, sincere & true expert here is
@AngTayKor.
He has studied the various essential elements of how to invest & trade the mkt.
He spent years paying fees to learn fr pros.
He invested & traded, made & lost money.
His posts reveal his knowledge, skills & exp.
A big difference between expert & amateur
GB is a stk for experts.
Amateurs will be frustrated

AngTayKor

1,788 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 1 week ago | Report Abuse
Aiya mai so pessimistic la. LKT's sushi knife for minority shareholders is very sharp hence reflected in the stock price (collapsed since Empire RPT). We are dealing with the stock market so we go with the flow of the stock chart.
--------------
Perma bears dont make money. Dont be too bearish. And dont be too bullish also. Observe the price action more important.

I turned bullish a week ago. Would have been another Immediately Buy, Immediately Huat trade. All my money invested into Taurx liow which I think can give much much higher return than stock trading. I dont like to trade with "scared money" (money which I cannot afford to lose) as it will affect trader's mental psychology and judgment. The GenB buy call I made to only friendly kakis last week was spot on and they huat liow.

choysun

4,309 posts

SIA also record profits, tourism industry should continue to HUAT right? Stay invested :p

Go go.. GenB

Save

806 posts

Posted by Save > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Potential boost to share price of GENM, Genting, Capital A, Shang, ...if Malaysian government promptly reciprocate in due time by extending the visa-free policy for Chinese citizens to 2025.
In 12 countries announced as follows, Malaysia but not Singapore is the list.........

https://www.visaforchina.cn/KWI2_EN/generalinformation/news/283502.shtml#:~:text=To%20further%20promote%20people%2Dto,%2C%20Austria%2C%20Belgium%20and%20Luxembourg.
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2024/05/07/visa-free-travel-to-china-for-m039sians-extended-till-end-of-2025-says-envoy

choysun

4,309 posts

Breakout is overdue. Will the stars align this time around? Come on RM6... :)

rohank71

881 posts

Posted by rohank71 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

wait for Q results and enjoy the ride. it may be one of the best Q for GentB

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

I can see chart action!

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Best Qtr won’t make a difference. Let’s see, I may be wrong. People buy shares for income or and capital growth. Capital growth happens when net people buy the shares and not sell. In case of G there are net share sellers….

choysun

4,309 posts

@Riaz1954 Looks good to me. Take out RM5.20 resistance by end of next week! :)

Riaz1954

1,290 posts

Choysun, let’s see. I see it differently, charts apply to companies who play it straight based on volume of trade. But here we have elephant in the room who can do unexpected things. Difficult to call. The results are known, I would have expected much more buying ahead of 25 May?

rickygiam

122 posts

Posted by rickygiam > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

GenS qr results good but share price still down... Something not right??