PAN MALAYSIA CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): PMCORP (4081)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (2.86%)

Day's Change

0.18 - 0.185

Trading Volume

23 people like this.

16,893 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 5 hours ago

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-09 17:27 | Report Abuse

Hai guys. Jcool tengah promote mqtech. Time to fly

tewnama

4,251 posts

Posted by tewnama > 2013-12-09 17:52 | Report Abuse

yeah betul.... cum-ing sooonnnnn... brada

psd57

2,314 posts

Posted by psd57 > 2013-12-09 18:09 | Report Abuse

Raising PM CORP shares is like flogging a 'dead horse'. No offence to u Calvin. I know u r passionate about this stock and u meant well in all ur postings. Please read this article, and let us know where NFI chocolates stand in the Singapore Market.

CHOCOLOTE CONFECTIONERY IN SINGAPORE

1.TRENDS

In a reflection of the health and wellness trend, consumers are gradually moving towards reduced sugar chocolate confectionery. In addition, there is also a trend towards premium high-quality chocolates as consumers develop a more sophisticated taste for chocolate and the know-how to appreciate premium chocolate products such as those with high cocoa content. Consumers further appreciate the health benefits offered by dark chocolate due to the flavonoid content found in cocoa beans which has antioxidant properties.

2.COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE

Ferrero SpA leads chocolate confectionery with an expected value share of 23% in 2012 due to its strong portfolio of brands, including Ferrero Rocher, which is the leading brand in standard boxed assortments, Kinder Bueno, ranked second in countlines, and Kinder Joy, which is the leading brand in chocolate with toys. These brands are household names which are trusted by consumers for their taste and quality. Ferrero SpA is also expected to see the biggest increase in value share in 2012 as it continued to invest in marketing for its brands to ensure that they maintain top-of-the mind awareness among consumers.

3.PROSPECTS

Chocolate confectionery is expected to see a 3% constant value CAGR over the forecast period. Growth is expected to be slightly faster than during the review period, despite a weaker volume growth rate, as consumers continue to purchase more premium chocolate confectionery. There is likely to be a growing demand for niche chocolate confectionery and novel products that use exotic ingredients and flavours, as consumers continue to develop more sophisticated palates

Source: EUROMONITOR INTERNATIONAL

sundar245

1,675 posts

Posted by sundar245 > 2013-12-09 18:33 | Report Abuse

Tq Go4 share

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-09 18:46 | Report Abuse

Psd57,

Ferrero Roche is an image chocolate because through long exposure to high end TV advert the masses have accepted this as a norm. Like paying RM10.00 for a bottle of mineral water in a six star hotel which you can get it for less than a ringgit in Giant.

In reality you are OVER PAYING FOR AN IMAGE BY A WIDE MARGIN.
Ferrero Roche is nothing in comparison with TUDOR GOLD. It has high palm oil content. Our Tango also has palm oil. But Tango has AntiOxidant!

So why OVER PAY For An Image?

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-09 19:01 | Report Abuse

I think with the ongoing Subprime fear from US & the recession of Eurozone, Singaporeans are more careful with their money. Of course the top 20% may splurge and spend as though there is no tomorrow.

The majority of the population are VALUE CONSCIOUS. See the book "The Millionaire Next Door".
TUDOR GOLD & TANGO Have Already Captured Wide Acceptance in HDB Heart Land.

Mr. Chia, the Boss of an engineering firm, regularly buy Tudor Gold Dark Chocolates for His Singapore Staff (30 boxes of 200gm Tiramisu Dark at one go) (I took a picture. He obliged.)

Entire BOX of Tango 40gm bars were sold to Singaporeans from all nationalities - will last them 2 whole weeks.

First Visit to NTUC FairPrice At Noon During Lunch Time - I took notes - About 20% of Tango Sold and only 10% Tudor Gold Sold. 2nd Visit During Dinner Time- Tango COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.
For Tudor Gold - Only 50% SOLD.

This Is The Recurring Sale Performance I observed Daily in Jurong Point, Singapore.

This Is The Reason Why I AM OVER THE TOP With Regard To PM Corp's bright future!

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-09 19:11 | Report Abuse

IN CASE YOU MISSED.

According To World Statistics. STROKE THE NO. 2 KILLER WORLD WIDE HAS GONE UP FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD LAST 2 YEARS EXCEPT SINGAPORE.

THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHICH SAW A REDUCTION IN STROKE CASES IS SINGAPORE (New Straight Times, Sg)

Is It Due To Tudor Gold Dark Chocolates & Tango with ANTIOXIDANT?

humbled

1,715 posts

Posted by humbled > 2013-12-09 19:15 | Report Abuse

I like the idea of selling chocolate which is recession proof. However, just tried Tudor and Tango for the first time and I think they are a little too sweet to my liking although I am sure there are people love it as it is. The Tudor is quite smooth. It would be good if the company considers a 'low sugar' version and they really should highlight the high cocoa content on the packaging since that is a big selling point.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-09 19:32 | Report Abuse

Singaporeans will trade up. PMC Choco products is and should be targeted at the masses...per capita consumption of chocolates in ASEAN countries is still very low ..there there is unlimited opportunities just in ASEAN chocolate markets as per capita disposable income among masses will increase over time.

From the strategy viewpoint, PMC target consumers are the masses of people whose disposable incomes will rise as economic growth gathers pace in the various ASEAN countries.

PMC products currently is appealing in packaging. is affordable and has the edge in taste and the marketing strategy should continue to target the masses particularly in High Traffic Outlets. With growing urbanization there is further opportunities to be tapped in targeting younger consumers and people on the go as a snack supplement chocolate food or just a snack impulse product where the cash outlay is very affordable that is sell in smaller packaging.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-09 20:23 | Report Abuse

The disposable incomes of majority of Singaporeans had not really improved over the past 10 odd years and the new migrant workers have also not seen much improvement in their disposable incomes as living cost is high in Singapore.

Consequently economic circumstance influence most Singaporeans and migrant workers to be value conscious as they r feeling relatively poor in a rich country with GDP per capita exceeding USD 50,000.. As such PMC marketing strategy of offering "Value for money Chocolate products" is the right strategy to gain mass consumption and induce repeat purchase from these "Value Conscious" consumers.

However in the event that disposable incomes of the average working Singaporeans improve in the next few years there is a good likelihood that easily 15% to 25% of these consumers will trade up and this reality may occur sooner than expected as World Economic growth spike up in the next few years.

meena

1,072 posts

Posted by meena > 2013-12-09 20:33 | Report Abuse

I introduce Tudor Gold at Enrico Sundry shop at Penang, recently i noticed they start selling Tudor gold.

meena

1,072 posts

Posted by meena > 2013-12-09 20:36 | Report Abuse

In Penang lot of sales Tudor Gold, I noticed in Giant, 711 shop and Gama, next to Gama there is one whole sale shop, they also selling lot Krispy, Tango choclates.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-09 20:42 | Report Abuse

As long as PMC Choco products targets the "Value chocolate consumers" and organizes its resources to provide availability and affordability of PMC Choco products to these "Value Conscious Chocolate Consumers" in ASEAN countries, PMC has a bright future ahead as currently it has a definitive edge in taste over its local and global competitors manufacturing in ASEAN countries as Economic growth in these countries accelerates in the future years

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-10 04:37 | Report Abuse

Meena,

A Big Thank You For Helping To Promote Tudor Gold in Penang.

I love Penang - the Pearl of The Orient. I have travelled the whole Island of Penang 5 Times: 3 Times on motor bike & 2 times by car. I have also visited Air Itam Dam & Penang Hill many times. Wonderful memories.

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-10 04:42 | Report Abuse

Humbled,

Yes. For some of us Tudor Gold may be a little too sweet. That's why we must eat in smaller portion with plenty of liquid. So far our Malay friends have little complain.

I have brought up the idea of a "Semi-sweet" Tudor Gold to NFI Bosses before. And putting "29% Cocoa content" on each Tudor Gold will enhance sale, definitely.

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-10 04:48 | Report Abuse

Tsurukame,

Thank You For Being Tudor Gold Spokesman.

By the way, what race are you? Tsurukame sounds like a Japanese. Tell us more about yourself.
Do keep posting.

albertng

452 posts

Posted by albertng > 2013-12-10 06:07 | Report Abuse

Hi good morning Calvin ,Wah now is 6am,you so early wake up?

albertng

452 posts

Posted by albertng > 2013-12-10 06:08 | Report Abuse

May I noe how old r u? 40 or early 50?

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-10 07:22 | Report Abuse

Calvin,
I am just a mere human residing in this place called Earth , I take people for what they are, What they believe in, Not what I expect them to be, Each person is free to decide on their role in this global society, I am of the opinion that diverse views is a precondition for sustained development of the human mind, it is one's self responsibility to try as much as possible to develop an unbiased objective view of anything...

vinvin

4,478 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2013-12-10 08:13 | Report Abuse

Good morning to all friends at this forum, nice day n happy trading. I don't mind telling all of u here that I'm already 71 years n coming to 72 n still enjoying eating chocolates ...........Tudor Gold, Crispy n Tango n feel strong, healthy with a sound mind to mix with all of u, young, middle age n quite old friends in sharing our views, knowledges n advices to this forum. Have a nice day friends n happy trading.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-10 08:16 | Report Abuse

PMC at this juncture is best to focus on creating effective but inexpensive brand awareness campaigns, creating consumer trials, inexpensive consumer promotion campaigns in HTOs on existing product ranges in current packaging form.

There is opportunity to develop "affordable yet contemporary healthy chocolate products or chocolate related products that can be immediately consumed without having to store it after consumption"...healthy but Value buy product appeals to people on the GO in the rapidly urbanising ASEAN societies...and widen distribution channels to provide affordable,healthy and value products availability to these mass consumers

However it is important to always be conscious not to offer Voluminous Products that cost very few $$ per cubic space as this is clearly not sustainable due the increasing transportation costs...It is better to offer high $$$ products per cubic space that is affordable for mass consumers

Huangbk72

4,866 posts

Posted by Huangbk72 > 2013-12-10 08:32 | Report Abuse

Tsurukame

You hit PMCorp business model right on the bullseye. Bravo

NFI made chocolates are for masses. Low price, easy to buy, small packaging and "more bang for the buck". Therefore, volume is critical and factory running on full shifts is a good sign. I heard that they will increase another 2 production line in their Shah Alam plant. ( this is market rumor, maybe Calvin can check further info).

The next step for Pmcorp is to shed its contract manufacturing business and concentrate on building its own branding business globally. OEM business doesn't pay well and only serves to generate paltry revenue and profits.

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-10 08:42 | Report Abuse

Albertng,

I am 57 year old by the grace of God.

When I was in the early forties I suffered the symptoms of stroke - certain days I could not move my left arm and also have severe headache.

Then in my fifties I suffered the symptoms of heart attacks - sudden tightness of the chest & short, sharp pains in my chest that come and go suddenly. Sometimes the pain persist for a period of time. A warning sign - I always rush to Giant Supermarket to get a Small Bar of Tudor Gold Dark Chocolate bar. It worked wonders for me.

I have 3 friends in their forties & fifties who have died from heart attacks. And one in his seventy (very rich guy) paralysed by stroke.

That Is The Reason Why I Am So Passionate about Tudor Gold Life Saving Chocolate. Before that I ate kit kat & cadbury like those of my friends who died too early.

So I Am Doing A Promotion of Good Healthy Tudor Gold As A Means of Returning Thanks.

vinvin

4,478 posts

Posted by vinvin > 2013-12-10 08:43 | Report Abuse

Tq Huangbk72, nice to hear that u r from the food trade n therefore a right place n a right person to be here. Happy trading to u too.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-10 08:53 | Report Abuse

Yes Huangbk72, PMC should focus on building up its OWN BRANDS , Market and Sell its OWN BRANDED CHOCO Products to the MASS ASEAN CONSUMERS. If it could do it in the immediate future, it should free up valuable production time on Contract Manufacturing and Focus on producing its own branded Choco products thus earning higher gross margins on its BRANDED PRODUCTS and deliver Higher EPS which will result in Higher Share Price and pay dividends to REWARD its Shareholders.. It is a very simple business model, easy to understand and easy to execute.

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-10 08:58 | Report Abuse

Huangbk72 & Tsurukame,

Yes! This Was What NFI Bosses told me. They Also Prefer To Manufacture Own Brand for Higher Profits than thin margins from OEM. So All Are In Agreement! There is Power in Unity!

Posted by leslieroycarter > 2013-12-10 09:32 | Report Abuse

just visited Beryl's chocolate in Seri Kembangan and found out that the manufacturing outfit also cater for product promotion by giving out info and explaining the origin of chocolates . After the talks , followed by the sales . in fact , the co did a roaring sales as visitors and tourists flocked in to buy any chocolates that suited their tastes and packing. This should be the way that NFI must do it to expand local sales apart from other established outlets inclusive overseas sales. Since the OEM not very profitable , NFI should adopt producing their own brands and packagings by doing more on researches and different ways of packaging . Initial start may be a little bit slower , but when going for a longer term , businesses will soar and bringing increased profit to the co. After that the rest will be history....

Posted by leslieroycarter > 2013-12-10 09:39 | Report Abuse

if possible change pmcorp to NFI will be better served the purpose.

calvintaneng

55,184 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-10 09:59 | Report Abuse

Leslieroycarter,

Yes. I once met a lady promoter from Beryls. She told every woman about how dark chocolate can prevent breast cancer. That was new to me. So I learnt as I go along.

All are in full agreement that PM Corp should be renamed to NETWORK FOODS INDUSTRIES

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-10 10:00 | Report Abuse

24/24.5 sen now. Waiting to see if this counter has turned the corner.

Stage could be set for a pre-Chinese New Year rally next month, if there is no tapering of bond purchases in the US this month....

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-10 10:33 | Report Abuse

Strong effective CREDIT Management will Reduce tremendously The Risk of Bad Debts. The Risk of Bad Debts must not be a deterrent to Increase Gross Margins that result in Increase Earnings that pay Dividends to Shareholders

Huangbk72

4,866 posts

Posted by Huangbk72 > 2013-12-10 10:52 | Report Abuse

Yes. All boils down to strong Credit management.

But in reality, it all depends on management risk appetite. For a small company, the risk may be too big and none want to be responsible. Older management style are generally more conservative especially dealing in FMCG products. Since we can see PMCorp is moving away from the safety of OEM manufacturing, it may take time for them to increase their RISK appetite.

All said, only good things will happen in PMCorp business model. Time is on their side and market is as much as they can explore globally.

Cheers

heavyth

848 posts

Posted by heavyth > 2013-12-10 10:59 | Report Abuse

i just ate 1 piece of tudor gold this morning bought at 7 eleven....it is too sweet !!!

member41

3,718 posts

Posted by member41 > 2013-12-10 11:02 | Report Abuse

Tudor Gold is sweet but still taste better than Beryl or Van Houten I feel.

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-12-10 11:06 | Report Abuse

Needs more promotional activites and advetisements to create product awareness and boost sales.

heavyth

848 posts

Posted by heavyth > 2013-12-10 11:06 | Report Abuse

What i mean is can make it less sweet...tq

psd57

2,314 posts

Posted by psd57 > 2013-12-10 11:13 | Report Abuse

how u want a chocolate to taste?? Bitter! Go eat some bitter gourd then!!

lee9fold

4,730 posts

Posted by lee9fold > 2013-12-10 11:17 | Report Abuse

actually tudor gold taste nice already

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-10 11:18 | Report Abuse

Penny stocks leader Sumatec is leading penny stocks higher...including PM Corp...

Even DSC Solutions is turning positive now...

Ha! Ha!

psd57

2,314 posts

Posted by psd57 > 2013-12-10 11:20 | Report Abuse

even INIX has rose from the ashes like a phoenix!! I still wonder wht they r doing

heavyth

848 posts

Posted by heavyth > 2013-12-10 11:20 | Report Abuse

This is a constructive feedback from me.....there are now many ppl afflicted with diabetics...so what i mean is create another product with less sugar. tq

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-12-10 11:22 | Report Abuse

Just focus on selling to all the "Health and Value Conscious" mass consumers in ASEAN countries and these Mass Consumers will provide PMC "ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES"

humbled

1,715 posts

Posted by humbled > 2013-12-10 11:24 | Report Abuse

I think heavyth meant the taste was good but just a bit too sweet lah. I thought the same too. Everyone has different level of tolerance towards sweetness lah. But I totally agreed that it tastes quite good and smooth........

heavyth

848 posts

Posted by heavyth > 2013-12-10 11:28 | Report Abuse

Yes thanks humbled !!! ...It taste good & smooth...

Posted by moneymagnet > 2013-12-10 11:39 | Report Abuse

Changing the name of the company without changing the old guards who helms them is akin to undergoing a plastic surgery....outside look different but inside still same old. The right thing to do is for KKP to pass the company to a sucessor and let him have a free hands to chart the company's course. By doing so the public confident with the company will slowly return and hopefully it will be reflected in the share price. KKP is liability to the company as he has proven to be not interested in reviving the company's fortunes or have the interest of investor at heart. Ask yourself whether you want to bet on a young stallion or an old injured horse.

My opinion is that as long as the above is not carried out, this is a sinking ship....only that it has not fully sunken yet. There's hope yet for this ship, but only if KKP plug the leaks.

林俊松

6,892 posts

Posted by 林俊松 > 2013-12-10 11:51 | Report Abuse

I just bought Tudor gold dark chocolate for my mum & crispy for my girl friend yesterday in one of Penang supermarket.
PM Corp marketing had changed their strategy, their product placed nicely on the shelve beside cadbury & van houten.
But, Tudor & Tango chocolate penetration in Malaysia still very low. I saw some Indians beside me still pick cadbury.
I think they still need to put effort to do some chocolate fair, advertisement & promoter.

lee9fold

4,730 posts

Posted by lee9fold > 2013-12-10 11:55 | Report Abuse

lim, finally u appear hahaha

林俊松

6,892 posts

Posted by 林俊松 > 2013-12-10 11:58 | Report Abuse

lee9fold, I just back Penang last week.
Busy with my family, new car, insurance agent & we will b going to Singapore by this weekend.
Hahax, my friend insurance agent look for me liao, my friend car dealer pun look for me liao.
~.~ no time for PM Corp pula.

sundar245

1,675 posts

Posted by sundar245 > 2013-12-10 12:09 | Report Abuse

Agree. Yesterday i went to tesco. I bought tango .people dun knw abt Tudor n tango. Especially amg Indians .need advertisement ..

rooney2u

703 posts

Posted by rooney2u > 2013-12-10 12:11 | Report Abuse

coming now

Post a Comment
Market Buzz