PAN MALAYSIA CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): PMCORP (4081)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (2.86%)

Day's Change

0.18 - 0.185

Trading Volume

23 people like this.

16,893 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 3 hours ago

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-12 16:37 | Report Abuse

mok4444, look how WEIDA move the last 2 days. my pick for 2014.

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-12 16:46 | Report Abuse

Mok4444,NTA

I don't know about inari so I cannot comment. However, I owned Weida before. Weida was one of my best picks in year 2009 at 35 Cents. Bought Weida because of high NTA at over RM1.50 then.

At the current price of over RM1.70 Weida looks expensive. Weida won't qualify as graham net net value investing today. So stay safe in PM Corp. Or if you are itchy for some diversion, then consider MUI Berhad - Visit Malaysia Year 2014.

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2013-12-12 16:48 | Report Abuse

mike, glad to see u.. am holding inari-wa.... thanks for recommendation... yr TP pls... :)

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-12 16:49 | Report Abuse

Mike,

Your mind is full of stock picks. How to enjoy your coming holidays. I won't be surprised you will still be busy checking on stock prices while away...

Ha! Ha!

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2013-12-12 16:50 | Report Abuse

Mike, WEIDA up oh .... what caught yr attention.. hehe

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-12 16:59 | Report Abuse

Weida Up At RM1.81? Wow! I bought Weida in year 2009 because UMNO rewarded Sarawak voters with water piping projects. At 35 Cents Weida Was A Bargain! Nobody want Weida then at 35 Cents. Now 4 Years Later Weida has Shot Up 400% to TM1.80 & our friend is recommending a buy at such inflated price!.

Now PM Corp is 24 Cents. Few Are Buying. When PM Corp is RM1.80 in Future I expect MANY PEOPLE RECOMMEND TO BUY PM CORP AT RM1.80!!

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-12 17:00 | Report Abuse

hepitrade,TAKAFUL,KSENG,WEIDA,UMSNGB & TAFI are the stocks that I'm going to buy come feb/march'14. as for WEIDA(one profitman also holding and ask why I pick this stock). my answer is NTA is 2.78 and now launch property project in ARA DAMANSARA and next Jan'14 property in MONT KIARA.expansion in their core business(plastic engineering) couple with properties;their earning will surprise the market come august'14. go ask sifu KCLOH in weida forum.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-12 17:05 | Report Abuse

ayeefk,23/12/13 only fly off. just type only mah;if see a potential one. hope there believe and make some money for X'mas. haha

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-12 17:09 | Report Abuse

Mike,

Yes, let the Christmas spirit of sharing and caring soar high before us. Enjoy your trip!

Cheers!

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-12 17:17 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Kelvin Tsai > 2013-12-12 17:21 | Report Abuse

Personally, I will take the risk of puting my money in PMC, not in WEIDA - year high price and moreover, to my knowledge - this is a politic stock !

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-12 17:39 | Report Abuse

Whether a stock is worth buying depends on your investment objective and time horizon on investment.

If you are an investor(longer term), you will need to look at the investment value of the stock over a period of time.

If you are a trader(shorter term), you will need to have a trading plan, which includes, among others, a profit target and a stop-loss trigger. A stop-loss trigger will minimise your loss position in case prices turn against you.

Whether for a longer or shorter term, only invest in counters that you are familiar with or have knowledge about.

Santa Claus is coming to town! Cheers!

Posted by patricksim53 > 2013-12-12 18:09 | Report Abuse

PM Corp still holding strong at support level 0.24. Just got the gut feeling that it will skyrocket in 2014. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all.

Mok4444

153 posts

Posted by Mok4444 > 2013-12-12 19:45 | Report Abuse

Stock: [PMCORP]: PAN MALAYSIA CORPORATION BHD
Dec 12, 2013 04:46 PM | Report Abuse

Mok4444,NTA

I don't know about inari so I cannot comment. However, I owned Weida before. Weida was one of my best picks in year 2009 at 35 Cents. Bought Weida because of high NTA at over RM1.50 then.

At the current price of over RM1.70 Weida looks expensive. Weida won't qualify as graham net net value investing today. So stay safe in PM Corp. Or if you are itchy for some diversion, then consider MUI Berhad - Visit Malaysia Year 2014.

Calvin-> I am still holding pmcorp
Mike -> Btw, thanks you

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2013-12-12 20:39 | Report Abuse

Thanks Mike.... Inari AGM 16dec... That means we hv to take profit tomorw? Tq

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-12 20:48 | Report Abuse

why must take profit. just because psd57 say so in inari forum. agm to approve the 1.5 sen dividend on 18/12/13 and the date to transfer to main board.once transfer to main board local/foreign fund will start buying and the price will surely shoot-up. the decision is you is you wants to take profit.

hepitrade

5,290 posts

Posted by hepitrade > 2013-12-12 20:52 | Report Abuse

Bcz normally after dividend paid, ppl start to dump like padini(no offence).... So I tot inari behave the same way.... I get u Mike... Still learning how to use macd to analysis chart : )

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-12 21:03 | Report Abuse

hepitrade, my views is inari will trade above 1.70 next week.

smalltimer

1,501 posts

Posted by smalltimer > 2013-12-13 00:11 | Report Abuse

A company tat involve in mfg and distribution has its cash tied both ends.
In mfg, buying the cocoa is likely through the cocoa board and this is by cash.
Good manufactured are sent out daily to distribution channel and thereafter to shops.
Small rural shops will stock and normally have 1 week credit while supermarket chains will ha e 30 days credit.
Say the product sale is RM10 million a month.
Cost of raw materials and operation make up 50%
So company need to pay RM5million in month 1; while the RM10 million will come in month 2.
So the money is used to cover the 1st month and balance for raw materials & ops cost in month 2.
As sales volume goes up, the input for raw materials & ops cost shall increase.
Unless the money from the supermarkets come in every 30 days (and good delivered are on consignment) the company must make use of OD for working capital.
Therefore any surplus cash say dividend of 1% is to be paid from surplus cash flow, the company must have enough to cover for at least a few months in advance (normally 3 months). Should it anticipate an increase in sales such as festivities, more upfront cash flow is needed for raw materials and ops cost.
Based on this assumption, trading and manufacturing company pays low dividend unless have a good cash flow reserve.

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-13 08:31 | Report Abuse

Wow, Gold this morning tested its low at US$1,188 an ounce and made a dramatic comeback at US$1,227 now.

For the technical chartist, it is known as hitting a 'double bottoms' formation. Price should go up now. But many people out there still think that price will drop further, with Fed tapering anytime soon.

Which is right? TA or FA? Only time will tell. Isn't this what is happening to PM Corp now?

humbled

1,715 posts

Posted by humbled > 2013-12-13 08:43 | Report Abuse

It's very difficult determine which is right or wrong imho.....

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-13 09:07 | Report Abuse

What is the probability of the company giving capital pay out

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-13 09:11 | Report Abuse

If the company fails to announce capital payout the chance of share price drops to 20 cent is likely to happen in view of poor market condition but it may be for temporary only. Once 4th quarter results be announced and with good financial it will go up again.

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-13 09:20 | Report Abuse

Good Morning,

Smalltimer,

You are correct in your analysis. That is only in its initial stages for a food manufacturing or distribution concern. This was our experience with Harrison. In early days Harrison has high revenue & high NTA and show some profit. But It also gave out very little dividend. We were quite puzzled why so much cash was tied up in operations.

I think you have already described the situation of huge cash outlay. However, when future profits piled up Harrison gave out increasing dividends yearly from 5 cents to 20 cents now. (I am not advocating buy or sell on Harrison as price has already run up from RM1.40 to RM3.00)

A Food Company has little need for expensive outlay for R&D like Nokia or Jet Plane manufacturing. As such the future dividends will be in constant stream like Dutch Lady, Apollo and F&N. There is also little need for high NTA like Nestle.

In The Long Future, all the NTA or Cash tied up in PM Corp can be released when NFI operates in similar fashion.

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-12-13 09:20 | Report Abuse

if drop further....more people can come onboard to join the Tudor Ship

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-13 09:41 | Report Abuse

messi, why more people will come on board. I believe most will cut their losses on the way out.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-13 09:42 | Report Abuse

zu1967, cut now and switch to inari top cover your loss.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-13 09:43 | Report Abuse

typing error top should be to

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-13 09:43 | Report Abuse

From a trading perspective, one possible reason that PM Corp is not performing as expected is that sharks have probably not collected enough to warrant any 'meaningful' play and also market sentiment is weak.

Why is that so? It could be because many of you have clung tightly to your shares(very few sellers).

So, we need positive news flow from management to incentivise sharks into "meaningful" action. This applies to MUI as well.

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-13 09:51 | Report Abuse

Ayeefk,

There are 4 Views on Gold 1) Jim Rogers 2) Marc Faber 3) George Soros 4) Warren Buffet

1) GOLD AS A COMMODITY
Jim Rogers believe Gold is just like another commodity. He advocates buying gold just like buying sugar, rice & oil. Since he think that commodity prices are cheap he is a long term believer in the prospect of commodities.

2) GOLD AS A FORM OF INSURANCE
To Marc Faber Gold Is A Necessity Because of The Profligacy of US Fed Money Printing. Money Printing Destroys The TRUE Value of Money. So he holds his gold tightly in case there is A Total Collapse of The World Currency System.

3) GOLD AS A FORM OF SPECULATION
George Soros also bought Gold like Jim Rogers & Marc Faber. George Soros operates a hedge fund - he sold all his gold holdings at around US$1,600 to US$1,700. After selling Gold continued to move up near US$2,000 then it crashed to current price now. Can buy or not? Nobody can tell accurately.

4) GOLD AS NOT INVESTABLE LIKE SHARES
Warren Buffet does not believe in Gold as a form of investment since gold does not produce goods or services that will benefit mankind. It generates no profit and gives no dividend. It is not a productive enterprise like investing in a real business producing real goods.

But Gold Has Its Own Store of Value. It Cannot be created like the FED Creates money from thin air. Gold is also portable & indestructible. Gold will always have its own intrinsic value and will never ever fall back to zero.

PM Corp & MUI Berhad are better than gold Buy PM Corp first then buy a little gold.

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-13 09:53 | Report Abuse

mikekong55, inari's price may increase to about 1.80. But the daily chart also indicates a possible downward reversal due to the Bearish Divergence in the MACD LINE N MACD HISTOGRAM vis a vis the price. Also, the ROC of price is in Bearish Divergence with price.

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-13 09:56 | Report Abuse

Looking at Inari Amertron. Why is it that it can attract price action?

Possible reasons:
1. Positive news flows expected;
2. A large group of faithful followers;
3. Sharks have collected quite a lot of shares from very low prices.

As to when the music will stop, it is anybody's guess.

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-12-13 10:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by mikekong55 > Dec 13, 2013 09:41 AM | Report Abuse

messi, why more people will come on board. I believe most will cut their losses on the way out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
hardcore PM Corp beileiver will be holding tigh tight...those indecisive supporters will sell....new believers & bargain hunters will come in...probably you will also take position again

ayeefk

574 posts

Posted by ayeefk > 2013-12-13 10:08 | Report Abuse

Hi, Calvin,

I can see that you are a very logical and persuasive person. You can give a summary of views on gold investing. If you can do the same to summarise the forumers' views to management, this stock will have a brigher future.

Management needs to hear our views and enhance the shareholders' value.
This is probably the best way to reward investors.

The reason I cited Gold is just to illustrate the point that TA can be wrong too. We need to use our judgments sometimes.

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-13 10:11 | Report Abuse

Ayeefk,

Noted. Thank you.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-13 10:13 | Report Abuse

messi, no indication that I'll look into this counter.

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-13 10:24 | Report Abuse

mktwatch, thanks for the info. am only holding 40k TAFI only. those having inari should take note.

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-12-13 10:25 | Report Abuse

mike, you sold and profited long ago but you are still active here could mean you are still interested in this stock. NO ?

smalltimer

1,501 posts

Posted by smalltimer > 2013-12-13 10:31 | Report Abuse

hi calvin,

I am now excited. Plz enlighten us:
1. Why choco mfg under licensed?
2. Who is licensed holder?
3. Why marketed by Tudor Gold Ltd is a dormant shell company? Hope Tudor Gold is not the licensed holder for principal to siphon money.

No commercials for 2011, 2012, 2013, maybe TV..which I watch like once a fortnight
Empty boxes at Giant Hypermarts no replenish...poor distribution management?
As I recall Kandos & Crispy are old brands.
There are Tudor Lite too, perhaps less sweet?

I dun understand how to read the last quarter financial.
Revenue - 18907
Profit b4 tax - 23037 (sale of asset?)

mikekong55

4,805 posts

Posted by mikekong55 > 2013-12-13 10:33 | Report Abuse

messi,did you see my name posting actively in other forum. most likely won't be posting after my oversea vacation.

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-12-13 10:39 | Report Abuse

mike, do enjoy your oversea holidays....keep an open mind and come onboard Tudor ship again if your think there is still Gold.

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-13 10:54 | Report Abuse

Smalltimer,

NFI Own The License For Tudor Gold. The registration Name "TUDOR GOLD" In UK Is For The Purpose of Future Expansion to Europe.

Last quarter results:
1) Profit of Chocolate Sales (over 30% gross)
2) Negated by heavy expenses in overheads & distribution cost.

1 & 2 taken together will indicate a small loss. But the operating loss is NOT A LOSS since NFI also promote other food products for other companies like Harrison & DKSH.
(Like planting durian trees with huge outlay for 6 years. You can call it a "loss" or you can also call it "invested capital" with view of future profits.

Why no stocks of Tudor Gold & Tango in certain supermarkets? Chocolates have a shelf life of 2 years. In early 2010 NFI produced a Wide Range of Dark Chocolates in Huge Quantities & NFI even had 2 TV Adverts in Singapore.

It resulted in High Operating Costs & Surplus Stocks Which Were Sold One For One Free. So when Director James Wong took over, all expensive promotions ceased & we produce according to market needs. Produce less but make more profits.

But Demand Has Outstripped Supply By A Wide Margin Unexpectedly Now. Is It Because of you guys and gals are buying up like never before?

Or Because Market Has Really Awakened to the High Value of Tudor Gold & Tango?

If So PM Corp's Future Looks Brighter & Brighter!

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-13 10:55 | Report Abuse

What is lacking is a Catalyst from the Board of Directors in the form of an Announcement that the BOD will proceed with the proposed Capital Reconstruction of PMCORP. And the earlier they do this the better for the company, and consequently for all of us.

There's only 18 days left to Dec. 31. We all know that sales of Tudor Gold, Tango, etc Choco are doing well. Can this be translated into a 4th Quarter Revenue of RM 50M, so that this year's total revenue hit RM100M?
Last quarter's sales was only RM18M, and YTD Sept30 was only RM56M. It seems impossible (the RM100M REVENUE target for THE YEAR 2013). But it could also be possible. If that happens, then, I would expect the price to really move up.

But what better timing it would be if the BOD were to initiate the Cap Recon Now (because it'll take at least 3 months for the whole process to be completed), so that it'll coincide with the good news of the 4th Qtr Revenue!

So, what can we do to get the BOD to wake up and speed up?

For a start, we can bombard MUI N PMCORP web sites with this slogan message:

WE WANT A CAPITAL REDUCTION, ... WE WANT A CASH PAYOUT, ... WE WANT A CAPITAL CONSOLIDATION.

Please feel free to copy and paste the slogan on this forum as well as on MUI N PMCORP web sites' "contact".

And, at the same time, we should appoint Calvintan as our spokesman to the BOD with this message.

Posted by Kelvin Tsai > 2013-12-13 11:04 | Report Abuse

WE WANT A CAPITAL REDUCTION, ... WE WANT A CASH PAYOUT, ... WE WANT A CAPITAL CONSOLIDATION

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-13 11:05 | Report Abuse

Smalltimer,

I almost forgot.

The last quarter small operating lost was in turn dwarfed by the huge RM23 Million profit from Singapore Warehouse sale.

It is a puzzle to me when people are so myopic to pick out the "operating loss" without seeing the whole picture accurately.

Of course we can say the glass is "half full" or we can also say the glass is "half" empty

The equation is fifty fifty. So no party is 100% correct.

But what if the glass is "70% FULL"? Happy now? No! There Will Still Be Cynics Out There Who Will Still INSIST THAT THE CUP IS STILL 30% EMPTY!!

For Us We Are Thankful For 70% FULL. And Expect More To Come!

mktwatch

163 posts

Posted by mktwatch > 2013-12-13 11:05 | Report Abuse

What I'm sharing above is what Mitras has been trying to tell us to do. We have to do something on our part as shareholders of PMC. SHAREHOLDER ACTIVISM IS REQUIRED HERE!!!

CALVINTAN, YOU ARE THE MOST SENIOR FORUMMER IN THIS FORUM, AND YOU KNOW THE BOD OF PMCORP. PLEASE PASS YOURS AND OUR MESSAGE OF THE NEED FOR THE BOD TO ACT NOW ON THE PROPOSED RECONSTRUCTION PLAN.

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-13 11:08 | Report Abuse

Mktwatch. Are u going to sell yours if there is no capital reduction

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2013-12-13 11:09 | Report Abuse

.... PMC share price just keep on down and down...

calvintaneng

55,180 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-13 11:10 | Report Abuse

Mktwatch,

YES! I AM ALL FOR IT!

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2013-12-13 11:11 | Report Abuse

If it goes 20 sen as predicted by mikekong then we can buy more at cheaper price. Dont worry. Setiap yg turun mesti naik punya

Post a Comment
Market Buzz