MALAYSIA STEEL WORKS (KL)BHD

KLSE (MYR): MASTEEL (5098)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.32 - 0.33

Trading Volume

18 people like this.

14,813 comment(s). Last comment by rizal2020 2 days ago

SuperPanda

11,431 posts

Posted by SuperPanda > 2017-11-29 10:28 | Report Abuse

KYY has his point on long term basis. OTB view on current TA and mid term (at least next 2 qtr). Both are right.

The one whom got wrong is the kayu investor whom hve no idea what both talking.

Investors must know 2 rules before invest in steel:
1) China is the biggest source of Msia steel import at almost 50%. China prod cut cause local steel price up to 20%
2) Msia local steel is protected by anti-dumping duties by gov thus local market is not loaded with cheap steel from outside. As long as this imply, local steel will survive.

The demand/supply issue is internal, should be in average. As long construction runs, demand will be there. only a matter of more or less.

So now we understand the situation, the question, shuld buy masteel at price 1.5X or not? This is up to ur own invest strategy.

For me, I believe 30m earn on Q4 would not a problem (oct-dec period). If 30m = 9.5 cents eps TP 1.85 @ PE 6.4. Invest 100 lots x 30 cents @ 3K profit = 3 mths @ 20% profit !

datuk73

125 posts

Posted by datuk73 > 2017-11-29 10:41 | Report Abuse

old man solute KYY and OTB..
also agree.
with superpanda..
old man just are contra traders..
very love in pressure game..
old man have skill..
on do the contra one he he..
old man only nyanyuk one
always do an crazy way
he he tut tut

Posted by onlyinvestment > 2017-11-29 11:43 | Report Abuse

Ok , starting from now , all of us just sharing information related Masteel only at this forum. Good or no good news/information all welcome but please don't attack people who share the information with personal purpose. And pls don't put personal opinion at here. All investor here will filter all the sharing information/news to make themselve judgement for buy/sell. Remember here is dicussion not argument . Here is I3 forum not at high court need refute/quarrel/argument.

yewyin33

315 posts

Posted by yewyin33 > 2017-11-29 13:03 | Report Abuse

My purpose of making comments is to prevent people from losing money in buying Masteel. I do not have any Masteel shares. You cannot ignore the fact that Masteel produces mild and high tensile steel rods for the concrete construction of buildings and infrastructures. There is an oversupply of properties and there will be less building construction. As a result, Masteel's profit will definitely be reduced in the next few quarters.

You must sell Maybank's report today about IJM's difficulty in selling properties and MBSB statement of property supply glut which is affecting their profit.

I have nothing to gain or lose if you buy or sell Masteel shares.

Koon Yew Yin

Posted by Babihutanding > 2017-11-29 13:09 | Report Abuse

KYY a lot ppl hate u. Do u know why. U ask ppl follow u but go holland.

aslm

379 posts

Posted by aslm > 2017-11-29 13:32 | Report Abuse

yewyin33, please examine your portfolio (xinquan, jtiasa, mudajaya, chinwel, latitude, jaks, sendai and many more) before talk big here. We are buying profit making company in both QoQ and YoY, and the steel price is still increasing while cost is maintain the same. If no demand you thought Lionind will want to restart the 2 factories?
Please use your brain instead of your ass to think.

aslm

379 posts

Posted by aslm > 2017-11-29 13:34 | Report Abuse

Maybe we should just ignore you as I do not think people will sell a profit making company (Masteel) and go buy profit losing company (jaks, sendai) and wait for 3 years to breakeven. That's it.

tianwang

176 posts

Posted by tianwang > 2017-11-29 14:24 | Report Abuse

eh...ya loh.....If no demand why Lionind will want to restart the 2 factories?

tai yee

697 posts

Posted by tai yee > 2017-11-29 14:26 | Report Abuse

Although oversupply in properties at city area but mega infra and MRT are in speed pace construction. Steel has good demand market.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2017-11-29 14:35 | Report Abuse

结论是你在逃避现实

Posted by Invest_168 > Nov 29, 2017 02:18 PM | Report Abuse

真是奇怪,都活了一大把年纪,应该有大智慧及EQ 来教育广大的投资者才对。但,从论坛的反应来看,并非如此!我会把所有的帖子撤了。以表我以前对他的尊敬。毕竟他也对广大的社会有功,广做善事而非孤名钓誉!我来此论坛只是想学习投资之道。可惜却让我遇上了如此多的妖魔鬼怪。。道行不够的话一定会走火入魔。

Invest_168

549 posts

Posted by Invest_168 > 2017-11-29 14:44 | Report Abuse

放下吧,TOM!

Posted by onlyinvestment > 2017-11-29 14:44 | Report Abuse

Here no more like dicussion forum but more like high court Malaysia to argument Anwar case . Goverment said he really do the shame thing and opposite said anwar is politic victim . Last and last , just lets the time become judge , time will tell you who wrong. Let wait QR 4 out then just argument again , ok ?

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2017-11-29 15:27 | Report Abuse

Rebar prices rising fm RMB4290.67/MT on 23/11 to RMB4490.67/MT yesterday (28/11)

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2017-11-29 15:37 | Report Abuse

Direct conversion will read: MYR2664/mt to MYR2788.81/mt

MYR1 : RMB1.61

Our local ASP will follow!

SuperPanda

11,431 posts

Posted by SuperPanda > 2017-11-29 15:52 | Report Abuse

Uncle KYY, those unsold properties is price >rm250k. Developers should change their strategy now or facing problem.

Those medium to high unsold would not much affect steel demand as will back up by demand from affordable housing projects and infrastructure as table in budget.

Here the reports from BNM on 18/11/17:

“Supply-demand imbalances in the property market have increased since 2015. Unsold residential properties are at a decade high, with the majority of unsold units being in the above RM250,000 price category,” BNM said in a statement published on its website.

The issue made the headlines in the past week with Deputy Finance Minister Lee Chee Leong saying that the number of completed residential units which have not been sold rose by 40% to 20,807 units in the first half of 2017 (1H17) compared with the same period last year.

“Condominiums and apartments costing over RM500,000 dominate the unsold homes in Malaysia,” he said, adding that the units were worth RM12.26 billion.

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2017-11-29 16:42 | Report Abuse

KYY comment is against his own golden rules if you compare Masteel QR and Jaks QR. If you cannot see elephant in front of your eye, please don't try to catch mosquito across the river.

kevin008

1,360 posts

Posted by kevin008 > 2017-11-29 17:15 | Report Abuse

kyy got alot astino woh(latest AR).. tot he say steel and building material shares will affected by property slow down..wat a double standard haha

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2017-11-29 17:22 | Report Abuse

KYY, May i ask one question, since last year property market was very very bad and you also predicted next year will be even worst. Masteel QR since last year already improving until today and they just reported a record breaking QR but you are predicting Masteel QR in 2018 will be down due to bad property market.

Masteel with the EPS of 24.76 cents and PE of 6.14 is not worth to invest and Jaks with EPS -1.23 is a fantastic investment by predicting what will happen in 2018. The largely small investors cannot see the logic of it. Worst if apply your golden rules.

To me, currently all steel counters like southern steel , Annjoo, masteel and Lion are protected by government anti dumping tax and import duty.
China steel supply to malaysia market which is the main problem of steel mills in Malaysia for so many years finally resolved. if these continue to hold, all steel mills will continue to perform well for many years to come.
There will be another boom cycle of steel mills when China steel mills will be rushing to Malaysia to build more steel mills to supply back to China instead.

AzerothJr

649 posts

Posted by AzerothJr > 2017-11-29 17:31 | Report Abuse

In this world others can say what they want. If they say and one follows and they make money then its good for them. if they follow but end up losing money then its also good for them (to know they follow the wrong person). Why they wanted to follow in the first place?
What KYY says is not wrong, if his words alone can already dissuade you to sell your stock then its probably the problem on the seller not the guy persuading the person to sell.
If one is lazy to make own research and merely follows others direction then when he gains i will say they are lucky, but when they lose money they deserve it cause they are putting their hard earn money to be controlled by someone else.
In this world who doesn't wants to buy things cheap?
Did you know that you can buy things on Lazada cheap?
Did you know that you can buy the things even cheaper on Lazada with coupons code?
If you are willing to buy it cheap then cheaper with codes then it is your decision.
Simple as that.
What people making money at the expense of others, this is bullshit.
In trade there is always about supply and demand, willing buyers and sellers.
there is no right or wrong in trade and you trade at your own risk.

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2017-11-29 17:47 | Report Abuse

@AzerothJr, What you are elaborating is very correct for a trader but to KYY, he is a well known and respected person in our society.
For your information, respect is through contribution to our society not black magic, not how much money he has and not by making money against own principle and against your own shelf.

deddymines

599 posts

Posted by deddymines > 2017-11-29 17:55 | Report Abuse

ringgit is improving. get ready for foreigners to come back

datuk73

125 posts

Posted by datuk73 > 2017-11-29 18:46 | Report Abuse

Old man love lie people he he
Lie one make money..
Honest one always give money he he..
Old man always gila man
Tut.tut

STC1136

977 posts

Posted by STC1136 > 2017-11-29 19:25 | Report Abuse

Myongcc5, Today Closing break record, CNY4,593 already = RM2,852 per tons.

Crazy price!!!, Inventory in china keep reducing, the supply is too tight and send the price to rocket high.
If malaysia mill still selling at 2,400, Very soon china buyer will come over here to "Sapu" all the stock

Is it good news to Malaysia steel sector?
Hope this CNY4,593 can sustain till end of Mar 2018, then all my brothers here need to buy pot corn to watch the show, count money and happy hour everyday loh....

myongcc5 Rebar prices rising fm RMB4290.67/MT on 23/11 to RMB4490.67/MT yesterday (28/11)
29/11/2017 15:27

STC1136

977 posts

Posted by STC1136 > 2017-11-29 19:55 | Report Abuse

Heard singapore Rebar price also increased today as they are also facing supply issue, who can confirm this news?

Why malaysia did not follow the trend?

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2017-11-29 20:55 | Report Abuse

Thanks, STC1136 fr follow up!

Posted by onlyinvestment > 2017-11-29 20:56 | Report Abuse

Just sharing a information get from my friend who working in hardware factory , my friend saying Nov rebar delivery more than Oct and the price also will adjust to high at Dec.
This is not a buy called . Just pure sharing . Trust or no trust depend yourself .

occa888

38 posts

Posted by occa888 > 2017-11-29 21:08 | Report Abuse

China cutting another round production + environmental control in place for winter months = less production until after chinese new year, so price will up in these months? Anyone in hardware know if Malaysia rebar price follow international/china price or got own price?

yewyin33

315 posts

Posted by yewyin33 > 2017-11-30 06:44 | Report Abuse

I strongly recommend you to go to my blog to read my 2 articles which are related to the building construction industry namely FA & TA can mislead investors and Investors must look at the company's business.

Being a co- founder of Mudajaya, Gamuda and IJM Corporation I should know about property and building materials businesses.

I see several commentators in this forum are angry with me because they do not like to see that I am discouraging people from buying Masteel shares. They like to think what I said about Masteel is wrong and they are sure of making money. They do not like me to tell people to sell and push the price down.

Only time can tell who is right and who is wrong. I hope I am wrong so that all the angry readers, particularly "aslm" can make money. Judging from aslm's writing, you can know that he is crude and poor. He has not been successful in investing and he is now waiting for Masteel to shoot like a rocket to make a kill.

Just a few months ago I also wrote about AYS which is a building material company and many people including Mr Ooi Teik Bee did not agree with me. Now I see Mr Ooi sold AYS to cut loss. I must say that Mr Ooi has an excellent track record of picking winners by strictly following his method of basing on FA & TA. Unfortunately, his system has misled him to buy AYS.

As I said before, I do not own Masteel shares. My intention for making comments is to prevent people from losing money.

In fact, I should not be making commentaries here as I do not have any Masteel share.

This is my last comment. Good luck to all readers. I hope I am wrong! ! !

vimediac

121 posts

Posted by vimediac > 2017-11-30 07:09 | Report Abuse

kyy. i must say you have been a guide to me, please post more. tq

Posted by onlyinvestment > 2017-11-30 07:38 | Report Abuse

Thanks KYY , just let time make the judgement.

Posted by Investor5711 > 2017-11-30 07:39 | Report Abuse

Just shut up kyy please take care ur jaks n sendai

Invest_168

549 posts

Posted by Invest_168 > 2017-11-30 08:42 | Report Abuse

既然没有持任何股份,何苦在此痴痴缠呢?放下吧!
阻人发财者,尤胜弑人双亲啊!
一个在社会得高望重者,实该慎言!放下吧!大家都放下吧!

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2017-11-30 08:54 | Report Abuse

@aslm, nothing wrong with KYY comments in the forum and he posted his side of argument. please show some respect and be more polite in posting your comment even if you disagree with him.

Henly

1,902 posts

Posted by Henly > 2017-11-30 09:08 | Report Abuse

@aslm, When we get angry, we cannot think thr' our head and brain. Be patient. waiting is the game plan here and don't sell it too early. We have all the information, Everything are clear now, the only thing is to wait for the price to level up to the Masteel performance. Mr. Market need time to get confident. i think.

aslm

379 posts

Posted by aslm > 2017-11-30 09:09 | Report Abuse

thanks Henly for the advises. I will stop here. Let's hope everyone make good money from stock market.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2017-11-30 09:45 | Report Abuse

你有权利选股,其他人就没有权利选股?
你还敢说人家poor...你是什么新鲜萝卜皮啊?
劝你去收皮啦,脑袋空洞而且脑袋穷到只剩下钱

Posted by yewyin33 > Nov 30, 2017 06:44 AM | Report Abuse

Only time can tell who is right and who is wrong. I hope I am wrong so that all the angry readers, particularly "aslm" can make money. Judging from aslm's writing, you can know that he is crude and poor. He has not been successful in investing and he is now waiting for Masteel to shoot like a rocket to make a kill.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2017-11-30 09:49 | Report Abuse

假如觉得自己对的话就敢敢说出来,证明普通人也敢反抗,这forum不是专门给有钱人来post comment的

Posted by aslm > Nov 30, 2017 09:09 AM | Report Abuse

thanks Henly for the advises. I will stop here. Let's hope everyone make good money from stock market.

STC1136

977 posts

Posted by STC1136 > 2017-11-30 10:01 | Report Abuse

I don't like argue, we come here to share information.

kyy, please mind your word. Don't wait brothers come to kick u out from this forum. That is very embarrassing!!!

If masteel drop <1.50, time to buy, mind my word....

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2017-11-30 10:04 | Report Abuse

Isn't uncle koon also come here to just share information? So the rules is can just share positive news and hide negatives news? we all don't have brain to analyze?

Posted by STC1136 > Nov 30, 2017 10:01 AM | Report Abuse

I don't like argue, we come here to share information.

kyy, please mind your word. Don't wait brothers come to kick u out from this forum. That is very embarrassing!!!

If masteel drop <1.50, time to buy, mind my word....

STC1136

977 posts

Posted by STC1136 > 2017-11-30 10:07 | Report Abuse

This is the one most of us can not accept, lizi(kyy follower) please take note!!!

particularly "aslm" can make money. Judging from aslm's writing, you can know that he is crude and poor.

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2017-11-30 10:14 | Report Abuse

fair enough, personal attack is not good.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-11-30 10:14 | Report Abuse

HI GUYS,

CALVIN THINKS MASTEEL IS NOT DEPENDING ON CONSTRUCTION OF HOUSES ONLY

LOTS OF HIGHWAY INFRAR NEEDS LONG STEEL

MRT PILLARS

LRT PILLARS

HIGH RISE TOWERS

MALLS

HIGH RISE OFFICES

HIGH SPEED RAILS

ELEVATED HIGH WAYS

See

THE OVER 150 FEET SUPPORTING PILLARS OF RAWANG BYPASS ARE MADE OF REINFORCED LONG STEEL

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/scenic-rawang-serendah-bypass-opens-today#M7JDjgxLmZxdDA60.97

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-11-30 10:38 |

Post removed.Why?

dudu

220 posts

Posted by dudu > 2017-11-30 10:42 | Report Abuse

I support Uncle KYY, so today continue buying Masteel at 1.52 .... :)

Posted by YuckyChicken > 2017-11-30 10:51 | Report Abuse

KYY could be right, i will wait a bit higher and sell around 1.65

kevin008

1,360 posts

Posted by kevin008 > 2017-11-30 11:01 | Report Abuse

just feel he double standard only..please check latest astino annual report..he got alot inside top 30.
I not familiar with astino and i think astino more depend on property market
http://www.astino.com.my/
and now he said masteel sales will slow down when property market down
correct me if im wrong if astino not depend on property market

Op3rs

397 posts

Posted by Op3rs > 2017-11-30 11:17 | Report Abuse

old man koon, why did u not mention choobee? did u not condemned on them few months back? u were an inspiration, a role model. but now u are just some old hag trying to satisfy his own ego and emotions. come on la, dont make urself look so stewpeed can anot. from a maverick investor, turn into a joke, u dont want face ur grandchildren oso wan la.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz