CAPITAL A BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CAPITALA (5099)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.76 - 0.78

Trading Volume

127 people like this.

167,745 comment(s). Last comment by Sslee 13 hours ago

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:10 | Report Abuse

Secrecy....there has been so much said about AA either by investment bankers or analysts but so far most of them have been wrong. Salute to your courage and unweavering confidence and support on AA since 2016. Its no small feat cos i m also going thru the ups and down of AA and experienced nervous moments and sleepless night. However, i held on from 4.60 till 1.90 and then back to 2.89 now. I would said itvhas been hell of a bumpy ride. Certainly not for the faint hearted.

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:12 | Report Abuse

I dont consider myself expert and so called spot on in investing in AA but i just look at the business model a little bit of gunho, a little risk taker and lots stubborness which sometime i think its more if stupidity...despite of these, i held on....hoping for a better sky tmrw...

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:17 | Report Abuse

From the record, not many like AA. Especially fund managers. Historically, fund managers are not keen to include airlines stock in their portfolio. They view airlines business as unpredictable and high risk. And most of the time theor high esteemed analyst always get the figures wrong and always the wrong call due to many external factors that will affect earnings. Instead of do more indepth they devided to call it a day and no airline stocks.

But OUR EPF has been buying nonstop in the past few months. I can only suspect that somehow EPF knows this SD is coming. Thus the buying non stop.

apple168

6,236 posts

Posted by apple168 > 2019-06-01 17:20 | Report Abuse

The Story begin from 2017...

Tony acquired airasia through private placement (RM1.80 per share) on January 25, 2017. He has been proposing huge dividends since then.
2017/05/23 ex-0.12
2017/09/13 ex-0.12
2018/06/12 ex-0.12
2018/12/12 ex-0.40
2019/03/11 ex-0.12
2019/07/30 ex-0.90
Add all the above dividends = rm1.78!!
In 2 years+, Tony took back his cash that he used up through airasia private placement.

What is in Tony’s mind with the huge personal cash reserve that he received from Airasia? Spend the money with his beautiful young Korean wife or privatized airasia later on at cheaper price? If airasia share cost less than 0.5 per share, I believe he will be extremely happy as cost of privatization is way lower.

We know Tony sold all his planes to cash, and approved 90 cents dividend to the shareholders. He ignored the recent poor performance from airasia.

We believe a futuristic and responsible CEO at the very least, should use the fund gained from selling airasia planes to expand airasia business. Tony does not do that. He decided to rent planes to continue his airasia aviation business. We know that renting planes are very expensive and costly. We don't understand what he has such idea to rent planes rather than owing the planes, which is more cost efficient.

Lately, he switched airasia company from professional aviation enterprise to banker's game (e-commerce) without any background support from any financial institution that he owes.

In the future, airasia will become a company that not only provides flight services, but also e-commerce. Airasia NTA is getting from small to smaller, NTA smaller meaning that assets are getting from less and lesser. Is this good or bad for a healthy company?

Airasia has been doing well with flight services, flying many people around the globe safely at cheaper rate. Nowadays, we noticed airasia airtickets getting more expensive than those good old days where Tony motto is “everyone can fly”!

Is the time for airasia to diversify into e-business that they aren’t good at and at present, are very competitive? Or better stay focus on aviation industry and bring it to higher level?

What is in Tony’s mind? Something to ponder on...

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:21 | Report Abuse

Bought years ago at 2.30, saw it going all tge way to 4.60 but didnt sell and banged balls:). Since then it slide slowly and i collected stupidly from 3plus to 2plusb to 1plus.. And now in dilema....SD 90cent.....

apple168

6,236 posts

Posted by apple168 > 2019-06-01 17:26 | Report Abuse

Lock and protect your profits, agjl! Let’s the high risk goers, buy your shares and take the roller coaster ride later on...

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:36 | Report Abuse

I m purely investing. What TF does in his private life does not concern me. And or course how much he get back, or so called by others that he conned the comoaby out of cash i m not here to judge. What i know i invest in AA, itge mangement tried their best churning out revenue quarter after quarters years after years and giving out dividends. Well some may argue they sell planes to guve dividends. In the first place AA has only a few propeller planes. Thru hardwork and vision they make moneies, lots of it and managed to invest many many more advanced planes. But of course they went thru ipo to finance the planes. But after tge ipo proceed how many more planes they bought? I dun see MAS doing that. After mas ipo they still need tongkat from the MOF to give billions and billions. Not once but several times.....i wonder if they were operaing an out of space shuttle service.

After all saying, i m nit saying AA is great and TF is a great and honest guy. Of course he is not perfect in many's eyes. But to me i will guve credit when its due. Thru hard work and sweats he build it up, drive the company higher, took a loan to invest on private placement becos he believe. When times is ready he reap the rewards. To me its that simple. Many would argue he got the private placement at 1.80 and ao cheap. But didnt all of us have the opportunity to buy in heavily when the share price touched 85 sen after AA air disaster in indonesia? We all have chance to buy at even cheaper price than TF.

Anyway, as an investor or punter sometimes, i put it very simple...give credits when its due and sell all when things are not right. Whether one is enjoying with korean or japanese wife is really their personal life. Everyone can enjoy however life they chose to be.....iod course many would not agree with me ....but i mean no harm and i m not promoting AA here and my view is the next 2 years prospects will be tough. I m only banking on his vision hoping for the best...just my 2 cent. Cheers

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:40 | Report Abuse

Apple167. Thanks for the advise. The cost of my AA is quite low at the moment...i wiill just take the SD and then averaging down lower again. I m not so keen to in and out and wasting on brokerage fees. I m kind of stingy type:). But thanks for your kind advise. Will sure diapose if it touches 4 again. Cheers

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 17:45 | Report Abuse

Many companies sold the assert for billions but not a cent back to shareholders and few years later make a cash call....

shrobin

233 posts

Posted by shrobin > 2019-06-01 18:02 | Report Abuse

Whatever TF gets, all shareholders received as well. The 1.78 is going back to the banks where he borrowed the money to purchase the additional shares. What happened is he ended up owning more shares!

I viewed this as a good thing as his increased stake will motivate him to work harder for the future value of AirAsia!

When i bought AirAsia, the gearing was so high that i have read people like Calvin Tan and some other guys wrote so much negatives on the high gearing. There is good and bad side on owning the hard assets. As for me i don't mind to try out the light asset mode and let Tony to transform the digital business model. There is always risk in investing, even doing your own business has risk!

For many including myself, the massive dividends we received in the last two years has reduced the risk on our capital outlay. All we need to do now is to decide whether we want to go along with Tony on his digital business journey. I have been with AirAsia for 5 years and i will monitor his digital business for awhile to see its potential before i decide the next course of actions!

Analysts set targets for next 12 months, real investors look at business potential for the next few years!

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 18:05 | Report Abuse

Shrobin....thank you. You pull all words out from my throat...:)

shrobin

374 posts

Posted by shrobin > 2019-06-01 18:29 | Report Abuse

Ok Agjl.......

elbrutus

1,454 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2019-06-01 18:34 | Report Abuse

i myself will go with d flow until unfavourable signals flash signs of ...PLEASES STAND BY TO BAIL OUT....almost 3 years on sincere n loyal to AA n TF

apple168

6,236 posts

Posted by apple168 > 2019-06-01 19:15 | Report Abuse

We are once airasia shareholder, disposed few months ago. We smell something awful in airasia, something similar to Airasia X. Imagine those who believe in tony and buy airasia X at 0.90, it is this “die hard blind believe” that tony will make the airasia X company turn around, in actual fact, it is still loss making after many years, with current share price is 0.22. Good Luck! We hv forewarned all regarding these.

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 19:29 | Report Abuse

Apple168....I BEG TO DIFFER! AAX is totally diferent from AA. Look at the model, its totally diferent. But i wont argue with you.

Smelling something awful in AA? if i may , i would just say i smell something stressful in the industry and not just AA alone. If simething awful in AA, i am sure firefly, SIA, Emirates, Cathay Pacific will also not spared.

Did you all smell the 90 sen is coming? Personally, nobody guessed it right though many claim they may have a crystal ball....

But again, two years down the road, you may be right or wrong. When you are right i will personally pen you a thank you note and credit your accurate analysis and your forewarned. Like i said, credit must be given when due.

Meanwhile, thank your good luck wish. I shall take my time to assess and see if i shld stay or leave. Investment is not just solely on heresay or somebody’s prediction or instinct. I cant be lazy, i will need to do my work. However, all your points will be in my considerations. Thanks

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 19:33 | Report Abuse

And i dun agree with you that most of us in AA are” DIE HARS BLIND BELIEVE”. You have overstated your capabilities to know what we ACTUALLY BELIEVED IN AND WHAT WE WOULD DIE FOR...:)

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 19:35 | Report Abuse

Good for you that you have disposed all few months back. Congrat! And i assume that you have moved on and never return to AA again...

Secrecy

748 posts

Posted by Secrecy > 2019-06-01 20:42 | Report Abuse

Good say Agjl !

When Tony and Kamaruddin privately been placed RM 1.80 AA share for RM 1 billion loan. I just straightly followed their step by buying in open market RM 1.82 ( whoever can buy) .

Ask yourself a question:
Was Air Asia asking right issues from shareholders ? No, they didn't from the beginning of AA listing. ( 18 years )
They borrowed from bank on their own name through Tune group ( bank logically would ask them to convince, why bank should lend money for private placement ? )
Reasons ? Prospects of Air Asia ? Even Tony may place collateral in return for loan.
Bank will evaluate the " repayment capabilities and score value" rather than collateral being the second thing.

You may argue they told bank that we will sell plane in future like now to repay the loan. ( woo..their CCRIS report will become bad and worse)
Haha...similar to a person who apply housing loan then told bank that He will sell my house in future to repay the loan even he can't make monthly repayment commitment. ( this implies lelong not a true business) For the sake of commercial reality, your loan shall be rejected.

EPF increased steadily of Air Asia shares ranging 2.7-2.43, holdings 5.67% to 6 % ( see Bursa announcement) . EPF outsources the fund to nominees buying. Who is the nominees ? HSBC..... ( see Bursa) The decisions of nominees is no play play, they need to stay investment return focus and hold accountable to EPF , otherwise the outsource fund will be lower and lower.
For example: I take your money to invest and promise x % return, if I hit the target, I will have XXX% of profit.

By the way, I suggest all critics , haters, racists, doubters ....negative person to sell, I will buy in . Tony and Kamaruddin and EPF already hold more than 40% of Air Asia shares.

I also wish all foreign fund to sell until zero share.

Secrecy

748 posts

Posted by Secrecy > 2019-06-01 20:50 | Report Abuse

The value of Air Asia shares changing hand starting in Monday after the announcement of bumper dividend only 400 million ringgit . It implies that majority of shareholders never sell their share. Bear in mind, Air Asia current market value ( RM 2.89) stood at 9 billion .

Conclusion :
Investment banks will try to influence public to sell by losing confidence strategy hidden in their so called data. Exaggerate the plane leasing, USD , Oil.....

freetospeak

5,883 posts

Posted by freetospeak > 2019-06-01 20:52 | Report Abuse

Last time bank owned airasia..so they play with tony shareprice..hate tony pay dividend. Now tony owned airasia...so he will play with bank warrant...now...i am loving it...

Secrecy

748 posts

Posted by Secrecy > 2019-06-01 21:14 | Report Abuse

As a matter of fact, dividend directly paid to Tune group and not Tony and Kamaruddin personally, they merely largest shareholders of Tune group. Private placement last time was loaned against Tune group.

Those who said what he will do with their dividend, Korean wife ....... bla bla bla . I'm aware that those persons are " frogs in the well which can view the sky through hole of well in such diameter "

Secrecy

748 posts

Posted by Secrecy > 2019-06-01 21:19 | Report Abuse

The current price still being pressed by some sharks ( may be investment banks, warrant issuers...)

Rest assured that: the spring being pressured harder and longer, the jump or gap up will correlatively strong .
Why? I already prepare cash waiting to buy, believing others also adopt such strategy.
I just wait those or who cannot tahan !!!!!

Most people want the big fat meat ! Human nature can't tahan it.

Don't tahan la...... sell if you can't tahan ; buy if you hungry !

I like this dilemma, fat dividend but afraid drop afterwards. Haha.........

elbrutus

1,454 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2019-06-01 21:29 | Report Abuse

i strongly believe TF n KAMA did give serious due consideration prior to announcing this 90 cts SD ...and also in going d whole 9 yards to get EPF opinion n consent too

freddiehero

16,715 posts

Posted by freddiehero > 2019-06-01 21:43 | Report Abuse

catch big fish

freddiehero

16,715 posts

Posted by freddiehero > 2019-06-01 21:45 | Report Abuse

who sell car sell dog sell cat all in lo.. ini kali ka..

fitman

198 posts

Posted by fitman > 2019-06-01 22:01 | Report Abuse

hope next week still can get some at 28x...

Springtime

674 posts

Posted by Springtime > 2019-06-01 22:10 | Report Abuse

Way suddenly so many confessed die hard AA fans. Looks like RM4 is achievable before x date.

Springtime

674 posts

Posted by Springtime > 2019-06-01 22:23 | Report Abuse

Furthermore for the past week someone is grabbing millions of tickets during closing time. Big push is coming

Secrecy

748 posts

Posted by Secrecy > 2019-06-01 22:37 | Report Abuse

RM 4.50

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 22:41 | Report Abuse

Secrecy.......i like your comment “ frog in the well....”. :). Well said

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 22:45 | Report Abuse

I believed most of true AA investors are matured and seasoned individual. Most of their own mind made up. Be it right or wrong we will just accept it and take it as it comes. We will not bad mouth and give opinion of others personal life. Clearly and realistically we are only care about our money and investements. If we bet wrongly we can onky blame it on our bad judgement and not others....

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 22:49 | Report Abuse

And personally i would refrain myself from setting a target price for AA. Honestly, i am not so optimistic on the future outlook of airlines....though not all gloom and doom for AA, but i foresee a much more challenging operating environment for AA mainly due to volatile brent cruel that some experts are predicting it to cross US$100/barrel. Plus the increase of exit tax we have yet to see the real impact...thus i have reservation when one start to predict AA will reach 4 or even 6.

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 22:51 | Report Abuse

In investment, one should look at growth at operating level EBDIT, cash flow and the composition of its tax. When everythg is favorable naturally the share price will reflect its earniing. Simply just monitoring its share price week in week out will get one go crazy

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 22:52 | Report Abuse

Despite the SD, yes, i still exercise cautious like any other of my investements. But everythg will carry risks.

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 22:56 | Report Abuse

PBB and CIMB has came out their SELL report in the past two days. Its interesting to read

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 23:11 | Report Abuse

Dont think ppl will rush to buy AA next week despite the SD. Of course there must be reasons behind the bumper dividend. And also there are few concerns most shareholders would like to the company to address. What is/are thebplans moving forward know how the company after selling off most of the planes. And concerns of the high leasing cost ....etc...and forward brent crude hedging policy

Secrecy

748 posts

Posted by Secrecy > 2019-06-01 23:12 | Report Abuse

I suggest PBB and CIMB shall comment that Air Asia close shop la, waste analysis paper ( because they always analyze mistakenly ) no need airline in Malaysia. If it is so, PBB and CIMB shall close shop too.

Public perception of air lines business is high risks ( those said that words may actually buy a lot for them self ) . Air Asia , best low cost carrier in the world always proving the perception wrong . Am I right ?

Agjl

5,710 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2019-06-01 23:14 | Report Abuse

Astute investors will want a clearer direction on these few areas before commiting more...for one, i will not just jump in becos of the bumper dividend . I am more for continuity of growth...if there is no growth story, come ex date the share price will not garner enough support and may be dump by opportunist

elbrutus

1,454 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2019-06-02 00:00 | Report Abuse

i guess just have to monitor EPF movements...6% shareholding ..no kacang putih leh...what they inside these few weeks will have tremendous effect on AA share price leading to ex date...me hope they stay fully commited !!

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2019-06-02 00:27 | Report Abuse

EPF will push to 7-8%.....believe me...

elbrutus

1,454 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2019-06-02 00:32 | Report Abuse

max 3.20 ??

elbrutus

1,454 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2019-06-02 00:33 | Report Abuse

SD 40cts ..3.04 b4 ex ....SD 90cts (more than double) ...cannot get 3.40 to 3.50 meh ??

pBlue

803 posts

Posted by pBlue > 2019-06-02 00:44 | Report Abuse

Posted by elbrutus > Jun 2, 2019 12:33 AM | Report Abuse

SD 40cts ..3.04 b4 ex ....SD 90cts (more than double) ...cannot get 3.40 to 3.50 meh ??

Might have in expansion years. But this is 2019, global economic recession coming. You can see that in 1Q profits. Despite awesome dividends, AA share has fallen from 3.5 and has never recovered.

Posted by Baby Shark > 2019-06-02 00:48 | Report Abuse

Wow 2 fund managers here! N17 and apple 168. I mean fun managers.

Posted by 88luckybull > 2019-06-02 01:09 | Report Abuse

Philippine AirAsia is starting make money with positive income improve 12% and revenue 27%.....good for AA.

elbrutus

1,454 posts

Posted by elbrutus > 2019-06-02 01:09 | Report Abuse

well i guess we have to look forward towards d ex date 30 Jul ...n monitor certain factors influencing its price ...trade war is one n crude oil price dropping below usd60/bbl another ...right ??

Sifu Wang

114 posts

Posted by Sifu Wang > 2019-06-02 07:21 | Report Abuse

one more is the depreaction of RM since debts and oil are paid in USD

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-06-02 07:53 | Report Abuse

Just because everone is holding for F.O.C........gottwn back capital in shortest possible time......ever....

........ doesn't mean not worth 6.00...

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2019-06-02 08:19 | Report Abuse

40 cents for CNY......now another 90 cents for Raya......

coming soooonest....SBB

.....and RM6.00 by Christmas

Post a Comment