EVERGREEN FIBREBOARD BHD

KLSE (MYR): EVERGRN (5101)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.40 - 0.41

Trading Volume

7 people like this.

11,528 comment(s). Last comment by emiteno 1 week ago

Posted by stockraider2 > 2017-06-29 13:22 | Report Abuse

It will go up! Everybody buy some

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 13:30 | Report Abuse

just ignore the childish loser, loser gets excited when ppl respond to him.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 13:30 | Report Abuse

Profit cut half -49% yoy is a strong signal telling u to run

Posted by stockraider2 > 2017-06-29 13:34 | Report Abuse

Half profit drop is not that significant. It can improve! We all buying now to support and prove u wrong!

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 13:39 | Report Abuse

Bad news
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/evergreen-fibreboard-1q-profit-falls-489-due-floods

Wait till the Middle East crisis to affect its single largest export market more than >40% then u say whether it's going to be still good or not.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 13:39 | Report Abuse

This is Evergreen's Latest Annual Report (2016):
http://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=179833&name=EA_DS_ATTACHMENTS

# Open page 129 !

EVERGREEN's Revenues from Middle East Markets:-
Year 2016: RM 419,449,662 (42.04%) out of RM 997,794,615 total annual revenues
Year 2015: RM 457,245,946 (45.17%) out of RM 1,012,342,362 total annual revenues

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 13:42 | Report Abuse

It is a long-term problem
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/06/27/what-the-qatar-crisis-shows-about-the-middle-east/?utm_term=.ecadb4d9f1a1

so u still want to think Evergreen able to perform well in its single largest export market in Middle East? I just like to prove my point. If I failed to prove my bet then I will officially disappear here.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 13:44 | Report Abuse

It's not hard to prove what's next to happen to Evergreen because this company just have too much problems. From its balance sheets to its fundamentals...all are pointing to a bleak picture ahead.

Posted by Yong Ji Yong Ji > 2017-06-29 13:47 | Report Abuse

Ckcs thx sharing , but it is under expect

Posted by Yong Ji Yong Ji > 2017-06-29 13:49 | Report Abuse

Let see Q2 and q3 only do comment ,unchange my expect tp 1.2 next month

abang_misai

2,550 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2017-06-29 13:52 | Report Abuse

Hehe. Thanks icon8888

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 14:06 | Report Abuse

I'll bet on it and keep my promise. One point I want to mark down firmly is that....Does icon8888 confirmed that Evergreen's business quarterly results (numbers) will be performing better in the next 2 or more quarters? If he mean it so, then I'm betting it to the opposite. So we can see who is the false prophet or teacher. It would be even better if Icon8888 can come forward and admit it here so we can have a bet. Otherwise, he's just another COWARD not worthy to his so-called followers.

My investment philosophy is simple and straightforward only. I use only business sense and fundamentals to confirm my steadfast views on such a company. If all information findings are pointing more to a negative perspective then I will BET that the company's share price to go DOWNTREND and DETERIORATING until new catalyst emerged or financial results to improve but sadly Evergreen's track records have shown to me the obvious which is the continuous CAPEX in HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of RINGGIT for YEARS ALSO COULDN'T LIFT UP EARNINGS. This is a RED FLAG! and this doesn't take me long enough to spotted it as early as the beginning of last year thus Evergreen's share price entered into a DOWNTREND since it peaked at that time.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 14:11 | Report Abuse

Maybe Icon8888 has no balls just like those self-professed WANNABE SIFU like stockraider, Dolly_Chai2 (his foul mouth got his first ID banned), jackng06 and many other duplicate IDs of these wannabes.

When a so-called sifu's reputation is at stake, this is the only time moment to find out if he's living up to his reputation or he's simply has no balls hanging within the nuts sag. So? Everyone has feelings but do u have fillings within? Empty pau or a pau with lots of fillings? I'll find out soon enough.

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 14:12 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/ifrit2020/125730.jsp
this is the reason why middle east won't be going to war (just ignore SerbaDk part). If Qatar stops its LNG supply due to war, Asian countries, Europe countries, Oman and UAE will be in energy crisis, the end result will not only affect middle east but global economy if the rest of LNG export countries could not close the gap of 30% supply shortage from Qatar.
You may dismiss from here now. TQ.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 14:15 | Report Abuse

It doesn't even have to go to wars and the LOGISTICS are DISRUPTED and DIVIDED between the the 2 types of muslim nations in the Middle East. Damages have been done already and how do u think the freight charges of shipments are not taking tolls? Hmmmmm......be smart and think wisely just like a real businessman. As a wise and smart businessman, one would stay away from such risks and there goes Evergreen's SINGLE LARGEST EXPORT MARKET with OVER 40% of REVENUES from MIDDLE EAST.

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 14:22 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 and myself had written blogs to justify our views about Evergreen's CAPEX and Middle East Crisis. Maybe you can put your ideas in a constructive manner (blog or whatever format) to help us to understand your point of view instead of shouting here a bit, there a bit, really hard to see how to link all those WEAK facts to your conclusion that Evergreen will have a big fall soon. If you are unable to do so, it shows you are only a clown whom good in shouting

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 14:29 | Report Abuse

hilarious, even before the Qatar crisis, middle east already divided into 2 groups. a group leads by Saudi Arabia and a group leads by Iran. The political tension is always there. That's also the reason why Iran steps in to help Qatar during the crisis. According to your businessman logic, ALL the companies in Malaysia shouldn't be even doing business with Middle East countries at all in the first place. Do your homework before you comment.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 14:33 | Report Abuse

Only greenhorn would invest heavily into IPO stocks. Perhaps u can dismiss yourself at the expense of your soured investment in SerbaDk which fallen -20% within 3 weeks time.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 14:37 | Report Abuse

I've no obligation or desire to do as u wish to such. Ironically the guy who shouted out to respect others is himself the one committing the same crime that he was against it. You may dismiss yourself now. TQ.

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 14:39 | Report Abuse

lol. that's when I found the opportunity during this crisis. I did my homework before I bought the stock. Look at the date I posted the blogs. Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. Thanks for your advice. I hope it can fall further so that I can collect more.
by the way, if you still have bullet, you may look into it
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/ifrit2020/126190.jsp
Who knows SerbaDK can help you to earn back your lost in Hevea by end of this year.

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 14:44 | Report Abuse

"I just like to prove my point. If I failed to prove my bet then I will officially disappear here."
I am not the one who make the statement above. Respect is earned not given.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 14:48 | Report Abuse

Yawn...another salesman asking for support to his fallen pick. Pity him have to do so many repeated write-ups just to pull supports. He must be pouring in all his life savings and his retirement is surely at stake.

Posted by SusuKacang > 2017-06-29 14:58 | Report Abuse

@CKCS he's sticking on your plate for his publicity stunt

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 15:01 | Report Abuse

AH ha! I get it, susuK. TQ! The dude just a publicity whore desperately fishing for attention loll.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 15:05 | Report Abuse

Well....there is always cheapskates like that trying hard to camwhore...ooppss..i mean readershipwhoring.....must be a new coined term

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-06-29 16:08 | Report Abuse

haha... i am only seeing one greenhorn here all the while.. but this greenhorn is trying to act like an expert, and trying to give "valuable advice" to others who are obviously more sensible and logical and fundamental than he is in terms of investing... haha... ironic right?

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-06-29 16:09 | Report Abuse

from all his low-class, unstructured and tweaked non-facts, we can tell what a mean person he is...

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 16:16 | Report Abuse

Why the dog comes barking at grand manhole? Wanna eat things inside it?

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 16:32 | Report Abuse

Dolly dont waste your time talking to childish loser, he doesn't worth it.

smartly

6,430 posts

Posted by smartly > 2017-06-29 16:32 | Report Abuse

sapu.....tomorrow continue up. :)

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-06-29 16:39 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Yong Ji Yong Ji > 2017-06-29 17:12 | Report Abuse

Be positive guys , everything will be alright

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-29 18:28 | Report Abuse

Another old dog barking. Remember this one has no balls thats why its been raiding balls everywhere. lmao

Posted by Chong Jiunn Hau > 2017-06-29 19:29 | Report Abuse

the company invested in RTA machine which reduces the man power needed for RTA division. The result of automated RTA (revenue and profit) will be capture in June. RTA has a higher profit margin, thus the company decided to invest in it even thought it only contributed 5% of total revenue.
http://easywong.blogspot.my/2017/06/agm2017-evergrn.html
Above is the summary taken by Easy Wong during AGM meeting.

photon

50 posts

Posted by photon > 2017-06-29 22:08 | Report Abuse

No wonder hevea and evergreen up today

photon

50 posts

Posted by photon > 2017-06-29 22:08 | Report Abuse

Appparently it is good news for them

thesteward

6,780 posts

Posted by thesteward > 2017-06-29 23:53 | Report Abuse

::-))))

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-30 08:22 | Report Abuse

Wrong timing in business leads to deteriorating financial results. This has been addressed since long ago before even 2016 that is why its share price peaked in Jan 2016 and going downhill all the way to current state. No sign of improvement on the balance sheets and business prospects. Just by offering MDF alone with 95% revenues from MDF....how well do u think its margin is not squeezed when there is labour and raw materials shortage? Nvm that but it heavily spent on CAPEX for YEARS already and still COULDN'T LIFT UP EARNINGS. These few simple points are enough to send the share price down to the drain.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-30 08:36 | Report Abuse

U better watch out what is going to happen in the Middle East since more than 40% of its revenues come from exporting to Middle East. Definitely the logistics overhead have started to affect the trade routes.

Posted by Yong Ji Yong Ji > 2017-06-30 09:26 | Report Abuse

Thx unchange next month tp 1.2

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2017-06-30 10:37 | Report Abuse

I have bought some Evergreen yesterday at Rm 0.815 to Rm 0.83 yesterday.
It is a good undervalue stock with dividend too.

Icon888 has given a good write up when the price is around rm 0.805.
Also stockraider has big position at cost around Rm 0.92, so i think surely at this low price it is quite safe to accumulate.

In addition malaysia government had imposed export ban on rubber wood, which is very good for evergreen.
Their particleboard business, when kick off 2nd half this year will contribute Rm 100m in 2017 and rm 200m in 2018, maybe will be a catalyst for strong growth.

Middle east Qatar direct purchase from evergreen is only rm 300k, very insignificant.

Fair value i think rm 1.25.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-06-30 11:35 | Report Abuse

Wood-based Manufacturing - Favourable Move for Furniture Players
Author: HLInvest | Publish date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 11:10 AM
Highlights

Rubberwood export ban. The government announced that it will ban the exports of rubberwood effective 1 Jul 2017, to address the shortage of raw materials faced by Malaysia’s furniture industry.

Malaysia’s rubberwood exports have grown by a CAGR of 13.9% from 2010-2016 (Figure 1). Apart from rising rubberwood exports, we note that the rise in rubberwood prices YTD was also driven by less-than-favourable weather condition, which has resulted in rubberwood shortage and higher rubberwood prices YTD. This has, in turn, resulted in higher production cost among the wood-manufacturing players in Malaysia.

All-in-all, we opine that the latest development is positive to wood-based manufacturers in Malaysia, as the ban on rubberwood will alleviate supply shortage of rubberwood in the country, hence easing the raw material cost pressure.

Outlook remains bright in 2H17. We believe earnings prospects of the wood-based manufacturing players remain bright in 2H17, underpinned mainly by continued weakness in MYR (as bulk of the players’ earnings are denominated in US$) and lower raw material cost (as the supply of rubberwood will now increase domestically).

Evergreen: We continue to remain positive on Evergreen mainly on the back of its turnaround plan and the commissioning of the second RTA line. The sustained US$ strength (ringgit weakness) will directly contribute to the topline positively.

Homeritz: We continue to remain positive on Homeritz as the company is still on expansion mode. We believe that sustained US$ strength (ringgit weakness) will provide a favourable environment for Homeritz to mitigate rising cost of doing business.

Catalysts

Strengthening of the greenback (further tightening by the US Fed).
Firmer global economic growth.

Risks

1) Sharper-than-expected ringgit appreciation, 2) Escalating raw materials and labour cost, 3) Weaker than expected export demand, and 4) Trade protectionism.

Rating

OVERWEIGHT ↔

We have an OVERWEIGHT rating on the sector, having a view on subsiding raw material cost. We believe that strong USD trend will provide a favourable environment for the wood product exporters to mitigate rising cost of doing business.

Top Picks

We maintain our BUY recommendation on Evergreen with a TP of RM1.05 (based on 11x FY17 core EPS 9.6 sen).

Reiterate our BUY recommendation on Homeritz with a TP of RM1.18 (based on 11x CY18 core EPS 10.7 sen).

Source: Hong Leong Investment Bank Research - 30 Jun 2017

GO GO GO EVERGREEN...STRONG RECOMMENDATION BY HLIB TP 1.05 WITH TARGET EPS OF RM 0.095 LOH...!!

PEOPLE SLOWLY START REALIZED THE GOOD & SOLID POINT OF EVERGREEN MAH...!!

Posted by lostwayinvestor > 2017-06-30 12:18 | Report Abuse

is time to enter this counter after banning rubber wood e port

Lee Yih Yeong

1,771 posts

Posted by Lee Yih Yeong > 2017-06-30 14:04 | Report Abuse

no export how to earn money ler???hahaha

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-06-30 14:18 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Dolly_Chai2 > 2017-06-30 14:57 | Report Abuse

Lee Yih Yeong, perhaps you are new here... let me explain to you.
The export ban is on rubberwood, which is a raw material for making MDF and other wood-based products. There is no ban on the finished product like MDF, particleboard or RTA.
A ban to export rubberwood to oversea countries is good to Evergreen as the rubberwood has to be sold mainly in Malaysia (maybe can still be exported if the local supplies are more than local demands)...
but anyway, in current state, there is shortage of rubberwood (as a raw material) in Malaysia because the rubberwood producers prefer to export (can see at better price)...
Now, they can no longer export and have to sell within Malaysia with lower price.
This is good news for Evergreen as their raw material costs will be reduced.
Of course, this is bad for the rubberwood producers.

john doe

749 posts

Posted by john doe > 2017-06-30 16:20 | Report Abuse

Good observation, CKCS.

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-30 16:20 | Report Abuse

Almost everyone would intuitively think that yesterday's news regarding the Malaysian government move to ban the basic furniture-making raw materials Rubberwood exports effective 01-July-2017 to be positive. Ban is effective tomorrow:

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=118561

NOT ALL WOOD-BASED PRODUCTS MANUFACTURERS OR FURNITURE-MAKERS WILL BENEFIT FROM IT. DO U KNOW WHY I SAID SO? BECAUSE SOME OF THE MANUFACTURERS HAVE PRODUCTION FACTORIES LOCATED IN ANOTHER COUNTRIES and RELYING ON RAW MATERIALS TO BE EXPORTED FROM MALAYSIA TO THEIR PRODUCTION PLANTS LOCATED IN THOSE COUNTRIES.

Unlike many of its competitors or peers, Evergreen has 3 MAIN PRODUCTION PLANTS IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES with MAJOR REVENUES CONTRIBUTIONS as the following:

Revenues from each production locations (FY 2016)
MALAYSIA FACTORY: RM 681,556,624
THAILAND FACTORY: RM 444,515,817
INDONESIA FACTORY: RM 85,297,890

For references, go to page 127 of Evergreen's Annual Report 2016 here:
http://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=179833&name=EA_DS_ATTACHMENTS

It was reported on TheEdge dated May 23, 2017 that reads:

"The decline was mainly attributable to its Thailand operation, where log supplies were disrupted by floods in Southern Thailand resulting in higher raw material cost"
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/evergreen-fibreboard-1q-profit-falls-489-due-floods

SO IF NO "RUBBERWOODS" CAN BE EXPORTED OUT OF MALAYSIA, WHERE DOES EVERGREEN's THAILAND and INDONESIA PRODUCTION PLANTS GETTING ITS BASIC RAW MATERIALS? Take notice that the revenues generated by its THAILAND production plant is 43.6% of ANNUAL TOTAL REVENUES 2016. What are the countering answers from the salesman now?

CKCS

1,439 posts

Posted by CKCS > 2017-06-30 16:21 | Report Abuse

To see far enough, you don't need a sharp vision but with the good wisdom.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz