ICAPITAL.BIZ BHD

KLSE (MYR): ICAP (5108)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.04 (1.32%)

Day's Change

2.95 - 3.03

Trading Volume

5 people like this.

5,942 comment(s). Last comment by chopstick 16 hours ago

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 08:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by Monkeymum > Oct 18, 2019 5:36 AM | Report Abuse

在2013年,NETX私下配售10%缴足股本给予第三方投资者,大约筹得RM26m。这笔资金主要用来融资总值USD10m的合约,在印尼供应及安装高速宽频网络,为期3年。同年,其外部稽查师对集团的账目保留意见 (Qualified Opinion),因为无法取得充足和适当的稽查证据。

在2014年,NETX建议收购移动付款方案供应商【SPRING WORKS】的51%股权,同时也宣布发行附加股送凭单。然而,这项收购在半年后遭到终止,但附加股等企业活动仍继续进行。这次的筹资主要用于电子支付平台和解决方案的发展活动、以及作为扩展现有业务和未来收购项目的资金。

在2015年,NETX增加一项建议削减面值活动,把每股10仙的面值削减至每股5仙。半年后,集团再次把面值从每股5仙削减至每股2仙。一年展开两次削减面值活动在本地股市实属前所未有。同年,集团再次遭到独立审计师发表”保留意见”,显示出账目出现疑点。

Posted by Blackjack21 > Oct 18, 2019 8:50 AM | Report Abuse

I agree with @Monkeymum, iCap is solid stock with consistent returns

Dear Blackjack21, u better use google translate for Monkeymum's comments

Now I understand why u think Icap is doing fine...lol

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 09:00 | Report Abuse

The Chengs are getting out from Parkson ? Why ?

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 09:01 | Report Abuse

Have to ask yr Value investor....

Sslee

6,461 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-10-18 09:03 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha
Good morning CharlesT, TTB haven't learn from CPTEH how to cut loss. But at least he must learn from stockraider how to cut win.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 09:03 | Report Abuse

ICap got strike a gold mine in Padini ! Congratulations !

speakup

26,939 posts

Posted by speakup > 2019-10-18 09:04 | Report Abuse

Icap got get killed in Parkson & Bstead

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 09:07 | Report Abuse

Why never cut loss?

Value investor never cut loss??

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 09:07 | Report Abuse

We can go to school to learn cutting. Wok with Yen got awesome cutting skill.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 09:15 | Report Abuse

Global mkt god WB got go to school to learn cutting after getting corned by Tesco.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 09:24 | Report Abuse

EPF n Persaraan are getting out from Bstead ? Why ?

Our ttb is defending the fort ?

Ooi Teik Bee

11,490 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2019-10-18 09:32 |

Post removed.Why?

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 09:32 | Report Abuse

Posted by speakup > Oct 18, 2019 9:04 AM | Report Abuse

Icap got get killed in Parkson & Bstead

Icap got to search for a sifu like kyy to master further skill to

avoid all those land mines.

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 09:39 | Report Abuse

Ooi Teik Bee Posted by JohnDough > Oct 17, 2019 7:53 PM | Report Abuse

CharlesT – why keep repeating about OTB? He even replied what I wrote and proved that it is miniscule compared to RM100 mln. Trying to mislead people again? Do not compare handling <RM1 mln vs. hundreds of millions. I have repasted the arithmetic below again since you seem to have amnesia. You can also refer to ipilot50’s post above. The rest of the repeats i.e. management fee etc. I have also addressed this in the past in the repasted comment below.

Ans :
I prefer to keep a low profile, hence I just said that I am a small timer.
You are very wrong, I am a person who does not wish to show off.
I am a remisier, all the clients including Mr Koon (KYY) add up together, total capital invested is more than 100 million.
In 2015 alone, the profits made by my clients were easily > 100 million.

I am not interested to attack TTB, I have no interest in this discussion.
I wish not to drag into this discussion.

Thank you.
Ooi
18/10/2019 9:32 AM

OTB, I think till now TTB still doesnt know who u are.....still living happily in his cave waiting for market crash

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-10-18 09:50 |

Post removed.Why?

soaring

10 posts

Posted by soaring > 2019-10-18 09:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by ahbah > Oct 17, 2019 4:56 PM | Report Abuse

" Posted by soaring > Oct 17, 2019 4:30 PM | Report Abuse

abbah, just wondering, why putting money in the bank is not good for the fund? "

I no got know lah. Can U please explain that to all here. Thanks.

But if the fund make more money and put more money in the fund, that is good for the fund.

Hi ahbah, I'm confused, I thought you already know the reason and that's why I'm asking you to share with us your view on ICAP's cash holding. I really want to learn from you. Thanks.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 10:00 | Report Abuse

Posted by soaring > Oct 18, 2019 9:54 AM | Report Abuse

Posted by ahbah > Oct 17, 2019 4:56 PM | Report Abuse

" Posted by soaring > Oct 17, 2019 4:30 PM | Report Abuse

abbah, just wondering, why putting money in the bank is not good for the fund? "

I no got know lah. Can U please explain that to all here. Thanks.

But if the fund make more money and put more money in the fund, that is good for the fund.

Hi ahbah, I'm confused, I thought you already know the reason and that's why I'm asking you to share with us your view on ICAP's cash holding. I really want to learn from you. Thanks.

I already got said I am just a poor kampong kid n a novice investor only. Sori lah, U got nothing to learn from me.

I just wish we could return our Icap shares to Icap and ICAP cash holding is used to return the NAV to us and cancel our ICAP shares ?

Ooi Teik Bee

11,490 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2019-10-18 10:06 |

Post removed.Why?

soaring

10 posts

Posted by soaring > 2019-10-18 10:07 | Report Abuse

Hi ahbah, "I just wish we could return our Icap shares to Icap and ICAP cash holding is used to return the NAV to us", what do u mean???

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 10:13 | Report Abuse

I no got know how to write clearly to U lah.

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 10:18 | Report Abuse

Anyway I think TTB managed to grow ICAP's NAV from RM140M at IPO time (15 years ago) to now RM448M also not bad lah (RM300M in 15 years time or 9% a year?)

Better than some other funds n KLCI...

No fish shrimp also good...

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 10:19 | Report Abuse

Though many have much higher expectation on so called Msian WB...

But what to do...that's life...

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-18 10:20 | Report Abuse

Keeping cash in FD is still better than buying or holding another Parkson right?

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 10:22 | Report Abuse

Hi soaring, What is your view on ICAP's cash holding, please ? Thanks.

soaring

10 posts

Posted by soaring > 2019-10-18 10:22 | Report Abuse

hi ahbah, you have written so many posts before, but suddenly you told me "I no got know how to write clearly".

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 10:26 | Report Abuse

All tiny tiny posts only, like a school kid only.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 10:41 | Report Abuse

Posted by CharlesT > Oct 18, 2019 9:07 AM | Report Abuse

Why never cut loss?

Value investor never cut loss??

Value investor is a ship captain who will the last person to leave the

sinking ship ?

soaring

10 posts

Posted by soaring > 2019-10-18 10:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by ahbah > Oct 18, 2019 10:22 AM | Report Abuse

Hi soaring, What is your view on ICAP's cash holding, please ? Thanks.

Hi ahbah, I really want to share with you my view on ICAP's cash holding, but to have a discussion between us is to see things through the other person’s eyes. A mutual understanding is a must for any discussion. You told me "I no got know how to write clearly to U lah", then how can we have any discussion? Karl Popper once said:"The aim of argument, or of a discussion, should not be victory but progress." I'm very sorry I cannot discuss with you unless you are able to "write clearly" to me. Thanks.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 10:55 | Report Abuse

Just share info only, write simple simple enough lah.

Quincy

46 posts

Posted by Quincy > 2019-10-18 11:11 | Report Abuse

CharlesT Posted by Quincy > Oct 16, 2019 9:41 AM | Report Abuse

@CharlesT bro..since when so free haha didn't know you are that into icap, thanks for the tip on Johotin weih, sailang there and laughed to the bank ;)

Johotin? That was grandmother's story many years back...lol

I saw many new IDs came here last few days to show their love n support to Tan Bear Bear so i just have some lively discussion with them loh

........................................................................................................................................................

@CharlesT you mentioned right before 2019 Stock Pick competition "Johotin is good lah...somemore Boss likes to goreng too" so I checked lor haha.

But bro, my wife added huge amount of iCap early this year after you mentioned Icap perform so so given your high screening standard, that should be ok kot...9% p.a. NAV growth ok la we no need worry like JAKS & Sendai, attended the AGM also, not catering to i3 champions' appetite haha. Eh any comments on Can-One?

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 11:28 | Report Abuse

I pray your wife will make tons of money from ICAP.

Ksp9090

1 posts

Posted by Ksp9090 > 2019-10-18 13:45 | Report Abuse

From what I read above, 9% return sounds pretty good. The example of Parkson seems like cherry picking tbh... Btw have some question regarding the cash level here. You all mentioned about the cash level, but is it reducing? If yes then wouldn't it be a good sign? Need opinion thanks.

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-10-18 14:02 | Report Abuse

Sorry is able to foresee and analysis macro market condition accurately. Which the fund manager failed miserly still yet dare not admit. Then trying be philosophical, Do and Warren bufetting.

You still think the fund manager good, then u should lose money in stock market

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 14:28 | Report Abuse

The Board of Directors of icapital.biz Berhad (the "Fund") wishes to inform that City of London Investment Management Company Limited ("CLIM") had on 30 September 2019 and 16 October 2019 acquired further 159,500 shares and 95,500 shares, respectively, in the Fund through DB (Malaysia) Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd. The Board is of the view that CLIM had exceeded the 20% Maximum Shareholding Limit stipulated by Securities Commission Guidelines for Public Offerings of Securities of Closed-end Funds, the Main Market Listing Requirements and the Constitution of the Fund. The Board of Directors of the Fund has officially notified CLIM to take immediate action to reduce its shareholding to the requisite Maximum Shareholding Limit

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 14:48 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 10): City of London Investment Management Company Ltd (CLIM) has refuted icapital.biz Bhd's (ICAP) claim that it has breached the Securities Commission’s (SC) guideline pertaining to its purported increased shareholdings in ICAP.

Accprding to the UK-based investment management company, it is actually not a shareholder in ICAP per se.

"CLIM is an investment adviser and does not hold any shares in ICAP, either as nominee or as beneficial owner, and has disclosed clearly how its clients’ shares in ICAP are held.

"CLIM has not breached any SC guideline and no client holding, as managed by CLIM, exceeds 20%," said CLIM's head of corporate governance Simon Westlake in an email response to theedgemarkets.com.

soaring

10 posts

Posted by soaring > 2019-10-18 16:03 | Report Abuse

Posted by ahbah > Oct 18, 2019 10:55 AM | Report Abuse

Just share info only, write simple simple enough lah.

Hi ahbah, my school teacher told me that if a person cannot write clearly, then he cannot read and understand others clearly. So any information to a person who have difficulty to understand is just a noise.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 16:09 | Report Abuse

If U write like a small school kid, sure all got understand lah.

Broken Inklis, also never mind.

Posted by Blackjack21 > 2019-10-18 17:02 | Report Abuse

@CharlesT would you like some butter with your cup of T?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-10-18 17:12 | Report Abuse

TTB shivering now as LONDON found a loop hole to buy more than 20% loh.......!!

OTHERS ICAPITAL.BIZ BERHAD (the "Fund") - Limit of 20% on the Shareholding of the Total Issued and Paid-up Shares of the Fund ("Maximum Shareholding Limit")

ICAPITAL.BIZ BERHAD

Type Announcement
Subject OTHERS

Description ICAPITAL.BIZ BERHAD (the "Fund")
- Limit of 20% on the Shareholding of the Total Issued and Paid-up Shares of the Fund ("Maximum Shareholding Limit")

The Board of Directors of icapital.biz Berhad (the "Fund") wishes to inform that City of London Investment Management Company Limited ("CLIM") had on 30 September 2019 and 16 October 2019 acquired further 159,500 shares and 95,500 shares, respectively, in the Fund through DB (Malaysia) Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd. The Board is of the view that CLIM had exceeded the 20% Maximum Shareholding Limit stipulated by Securities Commission Guidelines for Public Offerings of Securities of Closed-end Funds, the Main Market Listing Requirements and the Constitution of the Fund. The Board of Directors of the Fund has officially notified CLIM to take immediate action to reduce its shareholding to the requisite Maximum Shareholding Limit.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 17:49 | Report Abuse

ttb & co. may sapu more ICap shares in the mkt to get more voting power to out vote the London & co during the coming AGM ?

ttb's million $$$ fees is in danger ?

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 17:51 | Report Abuse

Bulletproof coffee is so good good !

JohnDough

148 posts

Posted by JohnDough > 2019-10-18 17:54 | Report Abuse

OTB, since you are managing RM100 mln (or more), that means my original arithmetic stands i.e. your clients and yourself should be billionaires by now with a CAGR of 77%? You should open your hectic track record for all to see, call Forbes so you get on an “ang mo tick of approval” and then COL can give you some of their pounds to manage.

Whilst people point out Boustead and Parkson, they forget that in 2012/13 both were up by 50-100%+. Seem to also forget that the fund grew to RM450 mln because great returns were made over the years – Petdag, VADS, Lion Diversified, PIE, UMW, F&N, Integrax, Hai-O, Astro, United Malacca, PIE, Vitrox etc. were all sold at multiples over time. Selangor Properties is the most recent example.

Also I just realized for some reason a post I made on the 13th of October at 7:30PM has disappeared. So I will repeat the core messages of what I wrote then because it is relevant to now:

Value investors focus on the downside rather than the upside. The ultimate aim is capital preservation – which is why so many investors place their hard-earned savings with TTB. There are other funds out there i.e. dividend funds for dividends or if want to gamble, can come on forum like this to gamble on stock market/hero worship or go to Genting/Singapore/Macau (close to the same thing). How you decide is up to you.

But ICAP is by far the safest product in the market and is the only transparent product with the best returns over a comparable period. Talking about returns over 5 years is foolish. Long-term investors think about it in inter-generational terms. Do you think about your land/house in 5-year terms? If you do, then ICAP is not for you.

Why does TTB have so many loyal followers? Because they trust that he is not going to make them lose money over the long-term, but sustainably grow and preserve their wealth. Again – rule number 1 is not to lose money, rule number 2, remember rule number 1. This is what they are paying for. Everyone talks about the capital gains, but no one thinks about the twin, capital loss. If you are down 50%, you need to gain 100% to make your money back. The odds are against you.

On fees, they look high in RM terms because the fund grew and the fund grew because it performed – in reality, the % fee is much lower than other funds due to low trading (PTR ratio <1), zero loading and no performance fees. Go and find me a lower active fund % in Malaysia with zero entry, zero exit, no performance fee and better performance please. Remember, it grew at 9% despite holding high levels of cash.

If you think its so easy then go DIY, or look for another product as good, as transparent and as safe. Because ICAP is so safe and superior that even the ang mo like it and can’t get enough of it including breaking the law – ICAP don’t even need an ang mo chop of approval. Its probaby the only product in Malaysia now that the British is addicted to.

Buying when the market is falling is comparable in difficulty to sitting on cash whilst others go gung-ho. If not, there would be a lot more millionaires instead of millionhairs. Market now down, funds are selling out and people asking on forums like this what the bottom is for so and so stock. Too many here don’t think enough but talk too much.

Lastly, ICAP’s mission, apart from making money for its investors and democratizing professional funds management, is to show that proper value investing can work on the Bursa. Its track record so far proves it is possible.

I am thankful that there is such a product for the masses, I don’t know any other product that is as transparent, safe with low fees and strong performance that I can trust in Malaysia. Do you?

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 17:54 | Report Abuse

Where is ttb & co ? Where ? I no see them in the mkt. Only got London in the mkt.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 18:06 | Report Abuse

ICap maybe is the best product in the whole world now ! That is why global player like London keep on attacking ICap non-stop in the mkt !

London tak bolih tahan seeing ICap listed in the mkt !

Posted by Blackjack21 > 2019-10-18 19:04 | Report Abuse

@ahbah London likes iCap, they can't get enough. Give chance to other people to buy la

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 19:16 | Report Abuse

Mkt wait for no man lah. U got to wallop ICap super fast if U want it.

ahbah

6,225 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2019-10-18 19:18 | Report Abuse

U got see ah ? How fast London attack ICap non-stop in the mkt ?

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-10-18 20:02 | Report Abuse

Oh London bridge is falling down falling down on icap. Exposing monkey show. Perhaps got arbitrage opportunity later on. Earn money and whack monkey pocket.

ahhuat56

87 posts

Posted by ahhuat56 > 2019-10-19 10:45 | Report Abuse

A collective investment scheme is supposed to pool the money of small investors so that small investors can have the service of a professional fund manager. Otherwise, why set up a CIS ? If everyone can invest on his own, why invest in a CIS ?

If ICAP is wound up, TTB is not hurt. He can manage other funds or other clients and maybe is happier because he does not have to deal with city of london anymore or being attacked by hooligans in the forum like this. But small investors in Malaysia will lose. Malaysia's capital market will lose. Malaysians as a whole will lose.

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-19 10:51 | Report Abuse

Even the whole world will lose...i think..

CharlesT

14,894 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-10-19 10:51 | Report Abuse

Or mayb the whole galaxy...

Post a Comment