HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): HARTA (5168)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.05 (1.82%)

Day's Change

2.65 - 2.72

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

33,392 comment(s). Last comment by Chipee 6 hours ago

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-12-23 16:20 | Report Abuse

Those who try to trade Gloves counter is going to get hurt again. Beware of the shorties. Invest for long term

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-23 17:12 | Report Abuse

Price match 550 (ext hr)
Small Christmas presents....

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-23 17:30 | Report Abuse

At this price level, shortist is covering short too.
(Bullish trend - temporary)

Posted by successor26 > 2021-12-23 18:19 | Report Abuse

2nd Open Letter

Dear Mr Hall,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Firstly I would like to answer your query on my NGOs and our missions. I work with various NGOs where we identify groups of migrant workers in the country who need help. We were very active during the Movement Control Order (MCO) in Malaysia to provide food and shelter for migrant workers when their employer could no longer afford to take care of their workers.

What baffles me is you did not answer my query on recruitment agents in source country charging high recruitment fee from the migrant workers. This makes me believe you are part of the system in the source country that benefits from this poor and desperate workers. Instead of targeting the employers abroad you should be targeting the recruitment agents with the help of the source country government. You raise your concern by being a whistleblower yet you have done nothing in your power to stop these agents. I’m convinced that you used this situation for your own benefits.

As per your statement on you being wealthy and successful businessman, I have no access to your Swiss bank account Andy!!!!

Let me remind you Andy, Malaysia went on a total lockdown from 18th March 2020 and movement control order was introduced throughout the country. During these time all but essential items organization were asked to close. Due to this, many small and medium enterprise who could not sustain had closed down. Migrant workers who were affected had no choice but to look for employment in various different sectors. Hence a number of workers became illegal migrant workers in Malaysia.

Many corporation who were allowed to operate accepted the workers so they could have a job, accommodation and income for their survival and for their family back at home. But these corporation was stuck in a dilemma as the MCO is still in place they could not provide new accommodation for these workers. They started using their existing accommodation to accommodate these people so they will not be homeless. You should understand Andy a small home is better than no home. It was temporary arrangement so we would not have millions of homeless and starving migrant workers on the street which could lead to suicide. Bear in mind Andy these worker were paid full salary as per Malaysian labour law. You portrayed these as forced labour to the western countries and CBP to suit your modus operandi!!!

Your syndicate has planted workers in the targeted premises during this difficult pandemic Covid 19 situation to obtain information which then used to your beneficial! Most of these information are clearly fabricated and you being the syndicate leader started spreading it to your advantage. You clearly are a cunning and devious human being.

Malaysian government was aware of all these and to protect the illegal migrant workers Recalibration Plan was introduced in November 2020. Malaysian government did not ignore the migrant workers but showed their gratitude yet you claim and portrayed to the western countries otherwise!!! You started accusing many companies in Malaysia using force labour to your advantage during these tough pandemic time to the extend CBP issued withhold release order (WRO) for the imports.

Posted by successor26 > 2021-12-23 18:20 | Report Abuse

Purely for your advantage when Malaysia went on second phase lock down and the immigration departments was either closed or operating at minimum manpower to complete the recalibration exercise, you keep tarnishing the images of Malaysian employers. Andy I’m sure you were aware what was happening here but you fully pressed on the issue which will benefit you in later stage. Your claim of being an activist for migrant workers is a total lie. You manage to destroy the livelihood of the migrant workers in this country by claiming Malaysia has illegal migrant workers. You actually have no humanity and care for these poor people.

Due to your actions many companies have either downsized or potentially will close down in Malaysia.

Posted by successor26 > 2021-12-23 18:21 | Report Abuse

Do you know the implication of your actions have lost many poor migrant workers their jobs! You should be answerable for this Andy. Not just the workers but to their families who were relying solely on this breadwinners. In actual fact you are truly unethical and a disgrace to call yourself an activist. You should know an activist works to improve the lives of the struggling third world country not push them further into poverty!!! In the end only you come out as a winner and earner to fatten your Swiss bank account from this whole fiasco. You are the one and only reason if any of this affected workers decided to take their life.I pray and hope one day you will be at the other end of stick when everyone finally realize you are a wolf in a sheep’s clothes!!!

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-24 09:12 | Report Abuse

Approaching 560
Might see sharp correction ?
Or rebound as RBH research hse stated?

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2021-12-24 09:25 | Report Abuse

No bloodbath ?? still can tahan

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-12-24 10:02 | Report Abuse

Correction is normal and to be expected. Price was steadily rising from RM5 from early December.Two days ago Harta was trading in the RM5.3X-RM4.4X range. So may end up falling into this range.

Corrections can be good since one can buy them at a cheaper price. Nobody knows when price will trend up again, so buy at your own risk.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-24 10:25 | Report Abuse

Support 539 & 535
Looking correction to end at these zone

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2021-12-24 11:04 | Report Abuse

No blood bath ?? Tahan very strong !

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-12-24 11:35 | Report Abuse

@Natsuko Two weeks ago I suggest you buy some you don't want. Now price climb up you wish to see bloodbath. If you want to troll this counter, do it with some style and class, ada budaya. Don't be so crass and black-heart oh.

Posted by dimmubroker > 2021-12-24 14:42 | Report Abuse

range 5.6 alright today. pleasee but i hope 6 today.

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2021-12-24 14:57 | Report Abuse

根据中央社报导,法国卫生部资料显示,该国于当地时间周四(23日)新增约8万8000起新冠肺炎(COVID-19)确诊病例,创下疫情开始以来的最高纪录,同时死亡人数也在攀升。

路透社报导,法国卫生部长告诉记者:“今天的数据不妙。”

卫生部资料也显示,法国过去24小时又有179名染疫患者在医院中过世;加护病房中的COVID-19病患来到3208人,比前一天增加61人。

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-12-24 15:00 | Report Abuse

if 5.6 today i lega
got harta got legaa straight away this week

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2021-12-24 15:03 | Report Abuse

【新冠肺炎】Omicron肆虐英国 单日确诊近12万例再创纪录
根据中央社报导,在Omicron变异株的助长下,英国于当地时间周四(23日)通报的新冠肺炎(COVID-19)单日确诊案例数再创纪录新高,过去24小时内新增约11万9789起确诊病例。

法新社报导,英国22日通报新增10万6122起COVID-19病例,是第一次超过10万例。英国是欧洲疫情最严重的国家之一,染疫病故人数达14万7720人。

国家统计局(Office for National Statistics)估算,在12月16日截止的当周,英国家庭中近140万人有COVID-19,是2020年初疫情开始以来的最高数字。

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2021-12-24 16:01 | Report Abuse

@davidkkw79 Holland !
美国即日起禁大马5企业产品进口

美国海关和边境保护局(CBP)即日起对大马5个企业实体实施产品进口禁令。

https://www.enanyang.my/node/450086

Bro , this news already expired ! Nobody care already , people care about us , uk , europe overwhelmed hospitalisation !

Jack888

853 posts

Posted by Jack888 > 2021-12-27 09:01 | Report Abuse

6.00 coming

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-27 09:52 | Report Abuse

New variant- delimircon
More deadly?
(Combination of delta & omicron)

dompeilee

11,888 posts

Posted by dompeilee > 2021-12-27 10:04 | Report Abuse

Stock: [HARTA]: HARTALEGA HOLDINGS BHD

Dec 20, 2021 9:57 AM

Bought more Harta @ the open 5.33

=)

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-27 10:11 | Report Abuse

Let see mkt reaction to delimcron
Turning point at 560 & 564
To propel to rm6 & above
(Fractal pattern)

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2021-12-27 10:22 | Report Abuse

There's nothing official on this "Delmicron" variant right? Let's not spread unnecessary rumors until it is confirmed.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-27 10:32 | Report Abuse

Still waiting for WHO to confirm!
Is not rumor , spreading in US.
Highlight for awareness
Same like omicron, price run first before WHO confirmation.
Is your own buy tolerance risk...

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2021-12-27 10:40 | Report Abuse

I do own Harta and I do recommend buying Harta at <RM6 regardless of any new variant (not financial advice). Just a bit icky about sharing unconfirmed "news" - this generally leads to people believing things from unofficial sources which are harmful most of the time.

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-27 12:31 | Report Abuse

Did mkt ignore WHO confirmation?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-12-27 12:47 | Report Abuse

@casanwk

https://www.businesstoday.in/coronavirus/story/is-delmicron-a-new-covid-19-variant-heres-what-you-need-to-know-316696-2021-12-24

In short there is no such thing as a "delmicron", most likely a confusion based on a broken "telephone game".

jolynce

547 posts

Posted by jolynce > 2021-12-27 13:04 | Report Abuse

Hi all! Just got back from a beach holiday in Pg. The weather there was lovely, the beach was lovely, the food was lovely!! I've missed nothing much here it seems LOL! Good to see Harta holding strong. I was hoping to add more around RM5 even though I believe that at this price the downside risk is minimal.

Posted by Metaverse222 > 2021-12-27 15:07 | Report Abuse

Malaysian Glove Makers Face Challenge From China, Hartalega Says

China could emerge as a major force in the global rubber gloves market and threaten the dominance of Malaysian companies in the long term, said Kuan Mun Leong, CEO of Hartalega Holdings Bhd., one of Malaysia’s biggest glove producers.

Chinese glove makers are expected to contribute 23% of the total share of the world’s glove supply by 2022 from an estimated 16% currently based on their announced capacity expansion plans, the Hartalega CEO said on Tuesday. Malaysia’s market share is expected to shrink to 60% by 2022 from 67% currently, he added.

The Chinese companies have been meeting rising demand from the U.S and Europe amid production disruptions caused by a flare-up of the coronavirus pandemic in Malaysia, the world’s largest rubber glove supplier.

“Like it or not, China is now a force to reckon and is a competition we should recognize,” Kuan said in a virtual briefing after the company’s annual shareholders meeting. “I don’t see Malaysia will lose leadership position in the near-and-medium term,” the CEO said, adding he’s unsure if the country can keep its dominance in the long term.

Hartalega is currently operating only at 70% of its capacity utilizing 60% of its workforce, he said. Operating at full capacity would require the company to test all its 9,000 workers for Covid-19 every two weeks, which Kuan described as a major disruption.

Posted by Metaverse222 > 2021-12-27 15:44 | Report Abuse

Malaysia’s glove sector outlook: Not the time yet for bottom fishing

WITH average selling prices (ASPs) having yet to find a bottom, the time may not yet be ripe to bottom fish glove stocks.

Further expecting interest in COVID-19 related stocks such as gloves to wane as the global vaccination rate rises has prompted Maybank IB Research to downgrade the outlook of the glove sector to “negative” (from “neutral” previously).

“We believe strong balance sheets and low operating costs are important factors that will allow glove makers to weather through the downturn and provide some financial cushion to the imminent price war,” opined analyst Wong Wei Sum in a glove sector update.

“Fortunately, the glove makers under our coverage i.e. Top Glove Corp Bhd (RM2.05 bil), Hartalega Holdings Bhd (RM3.08 bil) and Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd (RM1.64 bil) have accumulated sizeable amounts of cash during the peak cycle and are now in net cash positions.”

In Maybank IB Research’s view, the industry’s ASP which is declining fast could hit pre-COVID levels by mid-2022, ie another -42% from current level of about US$40/1,000 glove pieces in September.

“With the stiff competition from China, we believe the Malaysian glove sector is experiencing a structural change and the oversupply situation could potentially extend longer than the typical downcycle of six to nine months,” the research house pointed out.

However, Maybank IB Research expects the strong balance sheet to be able to self-fund the glove maker’s expansion capacity for the next few years.

“Our concern would be with new entrants that rushed into the glove sector during the peak cycle in end 2020,” noted the research house.

“In order to get their factories ready within very short period, we understand that these new entrants paid premium pricing for their plants, installation works, machineries, raw materials and even staffs; hence, high operating costs, making them less competitive in pricing.”

Company-wise, Maybank IB Research has downgraded Hartalega and and Kossan to “sell” (from “hold” previously) with lower target prices of RM3.99 (from RM6.74 previously) and RM1.86 (from RM3.16 previously) respectively. At the same time, it maintained its “sell” call on Top Glove with an unchanged target price of RM1.68.

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2021-12-27 15:49 | Report Abuse

lols creating a new account just to share old negative news, how creative of you.

Posted by Metaverse222 > 2021-12-27 16:15 | Report Abuse

Glove ASPs to continue decline in 1H 2022, says HLIB Research

KUALA LUMPUR: The average selling price (ASP) of gloves is expected to continue declining in the first half of 2022, albeit at a slower rate of 5 per cent month-on-month (MoM), compared to 10 per cent MoM previously.

Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd (HLIB Research) said glove prices had fallen closer to pre-Covid levels, with the current ASP being US$25-35 per thousand pieces compared to the pre-pandemic ASP of US$21 per thousand pieces.

"We also note that the pricing difference between the US market and European Union (EU) market is also narrowing, at US$5 the difference now, as opposed to a US$10 gap earlier.

"In our view, glove prices are likely to reach pre-Covid levels by the second half (Q2) of 2022," the bank-backed research firm said in a note today.

Glove ASPs have been on a downtrend since mid-2021, following a mass rollout of vaccination programmes in major glove consuming countries, as the better vaccination coverage has greatly alleviated buyers' urgency to stock up on gloves.

The spike in glove demand previously has resulted in nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) latex prices to more than double to a high of US$2.40 per kg in early-2021 but has since tapered off, in tandem with the weaker glove demand.

NBR latex prices are expected to reach pre-Covid levels of US$1.10 per kg in early-2022, as glove demand continues to normalise, and additional supply capacity kicks in.

Natural rubber (NR) latex prices, however, are expected to stay elevated in 1H 2022, given the La Nina phenomenon expected in January 2022, followed by wintering period that typically lasts from February to May.

HLIB noted that with ASPs declining faster than raw material price, coupled with higher operating costs stemming from better social compliance practices and

stricter standard operating procedures (SOP), margins for the glove makers are expected to compress further.

Not to mention that the impending price war arising from Chinese glove makers attempting to win market share could also exacerbate the situation further.

"Nevertheless, we are comforted by the fact that the glove makers under our coverage have accumulated a large war chest during the upcycle, and the strong balance sheet should help the glove producers to better weather through this difficult time," the research firm said.

Further, HLIB Research said amidst the falling ASPs, glove buyers have refrained from stocking up on gloves to avoid locking in purchases at high prices.

"However, with glove prices slowly approaching pre-Covid levels, we think that restocking activities could gradually resume in 1H 2022.

"That said, we expect utilisation rate for the glove producers to remain below pre-Covid levels of 80-85 per cent in 1H 2022, due to overall softening in demand," the firm noted.

HLIB Research maintains a Neutral call for the sector as the current headwinds faced by the glove makers are unlikely to dissipate in the near future.

"We expect the operating environment for glove makers to remain challenging in 1H 2022.

"However, a strong cash position should help the glove makers to navigate through these challenging times and withstand any impending price wars that might come their way," the research firm said.

Posted by dimmubroker > 2021-12-27 16:54 | Report Abuse

5.7 possible ah this week?

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-12-27 16:58 | Report Abuse

lets gooo 5.6 is just enoughh
hodling

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-12-27 23:12 | Report Abuse

Not bad, slow and steady. Can keep above RM5.50 is a win for me. This week cannot reach RM6 pun takpe. Next QR from Kossan and Harta should give us a clearer picture on ASP decline (hopefully one that is much better than Topglov's disappointing QR)

ket4212

596 posts

Posted by ket4212 > 2021-12-28 07:26 | Report Abuse

morning

Ryan83

1,835 posts

Posted by Ryan83 > 2021-12-28 10:06 | Report Abuse

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- New York State reported a "striking increase" in new hospital admissions for children as pediatric COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the U.S. continue to rise week after week.

The New York State Department of Health said the recent fourfold increase in admissions that began the week of December 5 is concentrated in New York City and the surrounding area, where the highly contagious omicron variant was spreading rapidly.

"The risks of COVID-19 for children are real," acting State Health Commissioner Dr. Mary T. Bassett said.

Pediatric hospitalizations are up 395% in New York City since the week ending December 11, jumping from 22 to 109 the week ending December 23. Statewide pediatric hospitalizations jumped from 70 to 184.

Jack888

853 posts

Posted by Jack888 > 2021-12-28 10:13 | Report Abuse

Can come back 5.75 today !?

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-12-28 10:31 | Report Abuse

Still waiting to buy more below RM5

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2021-12-28 10:33 | Report Abuse

@looiting you didn't buy enough just 2 weeks ago? or you sold too quickly once it hit rm5.5?

Posted by dimmubroker > 2021-12-28 10:58 | Report Abuse

seems possible. more than possible i think

Posted by dimmubroker > Dec 27, 2021 4:54 PM | Report Abuse X

5.7 possible ah this week?

risekita8

534 posts

Posted by risekita8 > 2021-12-28 11:02 | Report Abuse

woww
more than what i targeted tho
lets see
quite high but im waiting for 6.00

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-28 12:01 | Report Abuse

I waiting at 5.75 to buy
To bring up to 6!

casanwk

1,496 posts

Posted by casanwk > 2021-12-28 12:28 | Report Abuse

Rsi negative divergent
(1 hour)

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2021-12-28 15:10 | Report Abuse

Good, good. Slow and steady. A bonus if can reached RM6 by this weekend. Those who bought at RM5 already untung 12% in two weeks!

Posted by YourQuirkyWays29 > 2021-12-28 15:25 | Report Abuse

Hopefully the slow climb comes with better support during correction.

looiting

421 posts

Posted by looiting > 2021-12-28 20:18 | Report Abuse

I've been buying since RM5 ++ but leaving another batch for below RM5. All these are for long term. Never sold them

Justin Tan

257 posts

Posted by Justin Tan > 2021-12-28 22:41 | Report Abuse

Omicron and Delta may strike people at the same time and COMBINE to create an even worse Covid variant in the coming weeks, Moderna boss warns

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10309153/Risk-DUAL-infection-Omicron-Delta-create-new-super-mutant-variant.html

Post a Comment
Market Buzz