12 people like this.

2,633 comment(s). Last comment by Windy1974 2 months ago

Posted by Investmalaysiaa > 2022-10-08 00:09 | Report Abuse

As usual, the telegram group doesn’t allow people to talk bad hahaha

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-08 18:42 | Report Abuse

Not my problem. The other admin kicked you out for criticizing and bullying other readers. The best advise for a public space is always to be respectful and not confrontational. The goal is to learn new things, not to troll.

Whatever you would not want done against you in public, you should not do to others.

Hope you learn something new.

Posted by Investmalaysiaa > 2022-10-09 01:15 | Report Abuse

Sorry to say that I’m just a reader in the group. Did not comment at all. Kikiki

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-10 09:37 | Report Abuse

ok, remember this. if you were in real life and talking to someone face to face, would you act the same way? it is funny how people can be so rude and insulting when hiding behind the computer and be so respectful and nice when face 2 face.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-10 20:46 | Report Abuse

Not good. Elections coming soon. Stocks will have a field day tomorrow

Posted by Investmalaysiaa > 2022-10-11 08:45 | Report Abuse

Better sell your pchem. Otherwise your paper gain become less and less

Posted by Investmalaysiaa > 2022-10-11 18:59 | Report Abuse

Already say not good ma. Still want ask meh

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 07:26 | Report Abuse

Better mind your own business, and take care of your own money first before telling others what to do with theirs.
>>>>>>
Investmalaysiaa

Better sell your pchem. Otherwise your paper gain become less and less

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 07:27 | Report Abuse

Or better yet, tell me what stocks to buy instead that you think is better than pchem right now

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-10-13 07:37 | Report Abuse

I make a mistake of not selling Insas and Bplant when the price was 1.20.
If I had sold then, I would have capital to buy back more Insas and Bplant.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 08:24 | Report Abuse

You are still looking at price. Imagine if you took out share price out of the equation, you will find that the only reliable guide for investing as a MINORITY shareholder is gains from the growth of earnings, revenue and dividends.

Take for example my ownership of pchem. By simply holding on, buying when the price is low, and selling to remove my margin costs, my basis cost has already dropped to around rm4.1. at this price, without doing anything at all, the dividend I am collecting at 48 cents is enough to double my balance capital in 7 years. All without doing anything but sitting and waiting

Take for example astra agro lestari. If you were to look at this company and not be able to have the ability to look at the share price but just buy offhand from the owner a piece of the business, how would you value it? Definitely you would not be looking at just the plantation land, but you would concentrate on how much the boss is making and how much he will be distributing to you the shareholder. You would be asking for a seat as a director for a monthly salary, and a yearly dividends based on earnings. And you would be closely looking to see how much the business is growing year by year, how much land they are acquiring for planting, how much they are paying for replanting, and how they are performing compared to peers like sinar mas agro and provident. That is how you decide which business to buy.

Now do the same to insas and bplant. How would you justify buying back more insas and bplant? Is their business growing year after year? Is their earnings and dividends growing year after year? If not, is their landbank and business assets growing yearly to increase their long term returns?

Forget about share price for a long moment and just concentrate on the business fundamentals. Unless it is a total fraud company like serba which forged their results, you will be able to use your own managerial and business sense to decide on the investment.

Zhuge_Liang

2,364 posts

Posted by Zhuge_Liang > 2022-10-13 08:39 | Report Abuse

I must say Philip is very brave and willing to hold all the stocks.
Did not take the profit when KLSE is in downtrend.
I have to admire him.
I take profit on all stocks I have and also reduce the position to the minimum to avoid further loss.
I respect Philip.

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-10-13 08:40 | Report Abuse

The earning of Pchem will be weigh down by newly costly acquired of Perstorp Holding AB for RM7.31 billion. I think manufacturers in EU will face hardship with high inflation rate, high intetest rate, high electricity and energy cost environment in the next few years.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 08:43 | Report Abuse

For me the easiest way to look at insas is to look at the entry for A9 in the quarterly report and just look at the growth of revenue, earnings, assets and liabilities. You will quickly find that they have not been growing revenues and assets of the subsidiaries well at all over the long period, which has contributed to why a 2 billion "net worth" company being valued at "500" million. Since you know the owners will never want to capitalize on the arbitrage, why should you?

And if you look at the business itself, do you really want to own it?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 12:20 | Report Abuse

You sound so smart until we look at your results and comments to date. You talk as if you are serving high networth individuals and doing business deals etc etc. But the fact is, you can barely even get your facts straight. When you were talking so much nonsense on gloves were when I did my largest purchases at 1.6+. And now you come back with your nonsense again as if you have any more credibility.

Just go back to your cave gdex boy, you really know nothing about investing or stocks other than to talk bad

>>>>>
i3lurker

sslee
you are so smart !!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 17:07 | Report Abuse

Is that what you keep telling your high net worth clients to do gdex boy? Wow.

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-10-13 17:38 | Report Abuse

I3lurker,
Why you only tell me now?
Listening on Bloomberg TV while eating and doing daily things, knowledge justs easily assimilates into you.
Thats when your portfolio will just take off.

I would have done that many many years ago, and by now I should have a multi million portfolio like Philip.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-13 20:55 | Report Abuse

You mean trolling is a relevant skillset?

I don't think you have ever given a single stock recommendation that worked before

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-10-14 08:27 | Report Abuse

Good morning i3lurker,
“back in those days before internet and computerization, some illiterate aunties just always made money in stocks.
the stock market never explains why some always have sheer blind luck.
its always better to have relevant skillsets plus sheer blind luck.”

Your advises well received and noted.
I didn’t know it is so easy to make money in Bursa during those good old days. I only know someone lose his shirts, pants, shoes and underwear chasing high on Aokam Perdana, Ekran and Renong bhd

By the way you will not lose your shirts, pants, shoes and underwear buying a 2 billion "net worth" company being valued at "500" million.

DickyMe2

1,509 posts

Posted by DickyMe2 > 2022-10-14 09:56 | Report Abuse

Whatever skillset you have is only made useful to do post mortem on past data. With that you deduce aka guesswork that same performance or netter than previous result will blossom. Even 2 minutes ago data is irrelevant. Markets spike and pierce in microsecond. One blink, eyelid shut it rises, eyelid open it dips. Both are slaughtered.
Unless you sleep with the insiders on the same bed, don't think that you canmake it. There many "ghostly" or intangible characteristic involved in stock price movement. Same are dormant for years and suddenly come to live for a brief period and goes back to sleep. ost GLC companies are like that. no rain, thunder or wind but it moves without any proper info. Only the crooks know it.

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-10-14 13:14 | Report Abuse

Free tips/insider information:

HRC Q3 EPS and Balance Sheet will be exceptional good.

This tips/insider information is given with the aim that exceptional good Q3 will move the HRC share price up north so that I can sell by C24 for a handsome profit.

Disclaimer: Purely a betting tips, not a buy or sell call.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-14 21:13 | Report Abuse

How much % exposure of your portfolio are you putting into HRC Lee?
>>>>>>

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-10-15 07:01 | Report Abuse

Good morning Philip,
I only put in abt 4% of my portfolio into HRC and warrants (betting purpose)

I invested abt 16% of my portfolio into Petronm.

Petronm:
Q2 Revenue : RM 5,596 million, PAT RM 183 million EPS RM 0.68
Q1 Revenue : RM 3,800 million, PAT RM 106 million and EPS RM 0.394

Petronm last year EPS 88 cents and dividend 20 cents. So this year H1 2022 EPS already excess last year EPS and I expect this year dividend will be higher.

Petronm earning from Biodiesel margin + refinering margin + retail (petrol stations) and commercial sales of refined petroluem products.

HRC earning solely from refining margin (diesel, gasoline and jetfuel crack spread) with lot of hedging.

UlarSawa

35,547 posts

Posted by UlarSawa > 2022-10-15 11:53 | Report Abuse

Haiyoh Suiyee Auditor watching bloomberg so much kah. No wonder lah. Kok talked alot many bursa companies will banklap one lah. Haiyoh. Correct?

UlarSawa

35,547 posts

Posted by UlarSawa > 2022-10-15 11:59 | Report Abuse

Is TSMC a good ctr to bet now. Suiyee Accountant recommended his latest ctr after recommended Ford. B4 that cakap betting Angmoh StockGod Buffolo ctr surewin one leh. These ctrs must be after watching bloomberg news one lah. Haiyoh. Correct?

UlarSawa

35,547 posts

Posted by UlarSawa > 2022-10-15 12:02 | Report Abuse

Lets start the conversation with TSMC lah. His buy call one day b4 released latest QR and with sterling QR the price shot up for one day about 7% and closed below 5%. Then the next day price red again. What will happen after this. Anyone want to comment about TSMC boleh comment. Haiyoh. Boleh?

UlarSawa

35,547 posts

Posted by UlarSawa > 2022-10-15 12:03 | Report Abuse

Later after you all commented. Ular will be back to collect the comment and see whether TSMC is a good buy or not. Hope more are willing to share lah. Sharing is Caring. Haiyoh. Boleh?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-15 22:24 | Report Abuse

Noted and thanks. For something that you believe will be very exceptional good results didn't seem like you have much conviction in the company. As do I as well.
>>>>>
Good morning Philip,
I only put in abt 4% of my portfolio into HRC and warrants (betting purpose)

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-16 09:18 | Report Abuse

Don't forget to add serba dinamik to that row of ducks. Obviously along the years ( just like my portfolio) I do not only choose those stocks, but include a few others as well.

The difference this time around is that the majority of my money is in solid strong companies ( like pchem) and minimized in companies like serba ( which I managed to cut and save what was left). If anything my portfolio is far more real than your imaginary jho low life where you service high networth individuals and cut profit in gdex at just the right time and buy other unnamed stocks just as they are making profits.

Let's face it: my "imaginary" stock performance over the last 3 years results are far far better than your "hidden" performance of your imaginary stocks.

True?

>>>>>
i3lurker

what are the odds ?
except extreme fantastic super duper hyper good educated cutting edge forward looking skillsets that someone will actually choose Aokam Perdana, Ekran and Renong bhd just like ducks in a row?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-27 13:12 | Report Abuse

Sold some harta to reduce margin exposure

Posted by AlsvinChangan > 2022-10-27 14:00 | Report Abuse

Fundamental investor become trader?

Windy1974

724 posts

Posted by Windy1974 > 2022-10-27 16:19 | Report Abuse

Well done on Philip's timing.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-10-28 00:57 | Report Abuse

Don't be silly. It was buying cheap on margin before when prices were too low. Now that prices is up then reduce margin exposure is normal. Margin is a double edged sword. One should never use margin to average up. For me I use it to average down when prices are good.
>>>>>
AlsvinChangan

Fundamental investor become trader?

Windy1974

724 posts

Posted by Windy1974 > 2022-10-28 09:42 | Report Abuse

Let me be your fake technical analyst for the day. TG and Kossan are near their critical resistance of 0.83 and 1.25 respectively. If breaks convincingly, gloves current upswing can sustain. Harta first resistance at 2.10 and second at 2.25.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-11-02 12:36 | Report Abuse

Closed trade on mynews jump, sold at 0.535 over the past few days

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2022-11-03 13:07 | Report Abuse

Windy1974 u like rich old guy ah?

I think Philip's wife is still around

Windy1974

724 posts

Posted by Windy1974 > 2022-11-03 14:16 | Report Abuse

CharlesT. I like SYT but I love my family first.
I encourage i3 forumers to listen to Grand Pine Alfred Chan. He talks with sense and logic. As in i3, if you follow Philip, i am sure you gonna get positive compound returns over the next 10 years with current prices.
Philip yet to qualify as rich old guy for me leh. I don't have to massage his balls.

Windy1974

724 posts

Posted by Windy1974 > 2022-11-03 14:19 | Report Abuse

Prior to Philip posting. I sold 30% Harta average 2.07. The rest 70% average 2.13. The 70% sold was not in original plan.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-11-07 08:36 | Report Abuse

When one has no stock acumen or any form of stock analysis that matters, they will resort to trolling as usual instead of sharing and implementing knowledge. And we wonder why Malaysia is going down the drain. Maybe one day when CharlesT actually starts writing a stock valuation or analysis I will read to better understand him. As it is now, no difference between CharlesT and Shrek. Both are pure comedy.
>>>>>>
CharlesT

Windy1974 u like rich old guy ah?

I think Philip's wife is still around

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-11-10 09:47 | Report Abuse

adding my position in kawan, as I am very bullish on inflation of food prices and the profits that local producers like KAWAN can get as they manufacture in selangor using cheap labour and low exchange rate, and sell in USA at high pricing. Long live the pratha! I look forward to 400 million a year of pratha sales, the only way to beat inflation

ipunk

63 posts

Posted by ipunk > 2022-11-19 17:08 | Report Abuse

Philip what your view on HIBISCS ??

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-11-22 10:42 | Report Abuse

i dont have it in my portfolio.

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-11-22 10:52 | Report Abuse

Philip,
Ipunk is asking for your opinin on HIBISCS. Is Hib a good company to invest in for short, medium or long term.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-11-24 17:16 | Report Abuse

Im not investing in it. And I have no idea if it is good company or not, I just know there is a reason why shell sold their assets to hibiscus previously.

>>>>>>
Sslee Philip,
Ipunk is asking for your opinin on HIBISCS. Is Hib a good company to invest in for short, medium or long term.
22/11/2022 10:52 AM

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-11-30 05:01 | Report Abuse

You would have gotten much better and easier results buying Stondon simple like pchem where we just have another 1.89b of net profit, and we can look forward to another year of 50 cents in dividends to bring down the cost of ownership. I think knowing the business model of hy and petronm is very very important. And knowing why pchem had such high profit margins is also very very important.

My question to you:
Do you really understand Pchem?

SEASONALITY OR CYCLICALITY OF OPERATIONS
The prices of petrochemical products and their underlying feedstock are subject to significant fluctuations as they are influenced both by global supply and demand as well as movements in the prices of key commodities such as crude oil and natural gas. Consequently, margins have historically been cyclical and are sensitive to supply and demand imbalances both domestically and internationally. Supply is affected by significant capacity expansions by producers, and if such additions are not matched by corresponding growth in demand, which is generally linked to the level of economic activity, average industry operating margins will face downward pressures. As a result, the petrochemical cycle is characterised by years of tight supply, leading to high capacity utilisation rates and margins, followed by years of oversupply, primarily resulting from significant capacity additions, leading to reduced capacity utilisation rates and margins.

Outlook. We are in view that PCHEM’s profits will peak in FY22 and decline in FY23f. With the imminent start-up of new supplies globally (which has been delayed for c.2 years owing to the pandemic), we strongly believe that the petrochemical upcycle is now behind us as product spreads are seen to be coming off their respective peaks. While we note that Perstorp’s contribution will essentially boost PCHEM’s earnings in 4Q22 onwards, we advise investors to look further beyond the quarterly horizon and to lock in profits amidst the likely outcome of a petrochemical bear cycle in 202 3. Also, we highlight that the group’s Pengerang Petrochemical plant is closed due to the recent fire incident in the region, in hopes to restart the plant in 1Q23.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2022-11-30 10:36 | Report Abuse

Another big overconfident of Philip on Pchem loh!

At the rate Pchem share is falling....it will soon underperform against insas loh!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-01 15:20 | Report Abuse

And why not? From the day I bought pchem, it has made 18 billion in profits and distributed 9 billion in dividends. It has used the 9 billion in retained earnings to buy more cash flow positive companies where the price of oil is giving big positives. All I have to do is hold a few more years to get my holding cost to zero. Then every year I get money for free. What's not to like? If you don't care about the share price of pchem, the earnings alone is worth salivating over.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-04 07:38 | Report Abuse

This is why one would never listen to free tips or do called insider info as it rarely works out.

>>>>>>>
Sslee

Free tips/insider information:

This tips/insider information is given with the aim that exceptional good Q3 will move the HRC share price up north so that I can sell by C24 for a handsome profit.

Disclaimer: Purely a betting tips, not a buy or sell call.

1 month ago

Sslee

4,717 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-12-04 08:06 | Report Abuse

Agreed with Philip. Period.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2022-12-04 14:18 | Report Abuse

For someone who has never made a single accurate buy call or good investment analysis, and in which every comment you make is that every stock is a bad stock, why do you think anyone should even listen to you eh gdex boy? The only stock you promoted which is gdex is doing much much worse than pchem, dropping from 40 cents to 14 cents. What makes you think you are even remotely worth listening to?

Why don't you give another stock which you are invested in, unless its always the kind where you somehow are ALWAYS able to buy when it is low and sell at the perfect highs? But then, since you are already some billionaire trader, your are probably more inclined to talk more, do less.

>>>>>>>
i3lurker

pchem looks likely to touch 5 again in 2023

even if 5 is never touched in 2023, 7 very likely
11.08 will be medieval history never to be seen alive again in 2023

3 hours ago

Post a Comment
Market Buzz