2 people like this.

140 comment(s). Last comment by soros228 2016-07-31 23:30

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-05 23:11 | Report Abuse

Hi KC : I have few concerns, just to write one below…
A business is managed by people thus the most important criteria for its success is relied on its management. After reading its Profile of Directors from the Annual Report, I deleted this counter from my database.
Between KFima and Fibon, I voted for your KFima.

Thank you and Good Luck.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-06 04:51 | Report Abuse

bsngpg, the main reason i post all this posts here is hopefully to get some constructive feedback from people like you. This will curb my over-confidence in my analysis and selection and improve the outcome of my investment. So it is not a "challenge" for me to see whose picks are better.

You know there is a limit of what one can do. And I am also just a small time retail investor, unlike the professional who are working in the industry and having vast resources and information to rely on.

Hence I appreciate your comments. I have glanced through the profiles of the directors. I didn't get into too much detail except the business seems to be a closed family business. So could you share with us what are your concerns? Thanks first.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 10:15 | Report Abuse

Hi KC:
You did a great job and you are much better than many people particularly myself as you perform Financial Analysis before investing. I am an very ordinary investor trying to understand a company from as many angles as I can but I miss (because I unable) the most important piece which is reading the financial report, not to mention financial analysis. So you are much ahead. Salute you.
Thank you very much for your generous sharing

To followers of FongSiLing, I would invite you to read again 分享集:为无为则无不治 26Jun2010 -“莺莺美黛子” especially at the current moment where KLCI is hovering at its historical high.
A very good luck to all friends

tonywong

16 posts

Posted by tonywong > 2013-08-06 10:32 | Report Abuse

dear kcchongnz, let me add some positive energy to FIBON. I found that
the charts of fibon is similar to that of INARI before it shot up to rm1. it took inari a few months to consolidate at around 30+sen.I have full of confidence in your FA. I believe given some time it will shoot up to new heights. THANKS AGAIN!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-06 10:35 | Report Abuse

tonywong, borrow from OTB,

FA+TA=investment success. Hopefully.

I hope bsngpg shares with us his concerns about Fibon.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-06 11:10 | Report Abuse

“众里寻他千百度,蓦然回首,那人却在灯火阑珊处。”

Will this little known Fibon our

“莺莺美黛子”?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 11:10 | Report Abuse

Cold Eye complained that a lot of followers agreed w him n were motivated after the talk or article. But after awhile, will back to old habit. Then when got burned, come back to cold eye again. So friends, do we really practice consistently what we learnt from Cold Eye. Good luck.

tonywong

16 posts

Posted by tonywong > 2013-08-06 11:20 | Report Abuse

its good to learn and practice his style but select his stockpicks wisely and prudently

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 11:50 | Report Abuse

KC: If I understand the teaching of Cold Eye correctly, Fibon is not “莺莺美黛子” at the moment. KW Tan: what is your thought ?

Side topic: to me, another implication of “莺莺美黛子” is the father of his classmate at night school who enlightened him into investment. Do you agree?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 11:55 | Report Abuse

To non-Hokkien, "美" means no.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-06 12:09 | Report Abuse

有一句福建话“莺莺美黛子”就是“闲闲无事做”的意思

Based on the above, my interpretation is 莺莺美黛子 is a kind of stock which after you invested in it, you don't have to do anything; nothing to do. It means that you just wait for the ugly duckling to become a beautiful swan. It needs time though.

No need to look at its stock price everyday. Worry about stock price going down. Worry about it going bankrupt and apa macham worries.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 12:11 | Report Abuse

Tan KW: Aiyoo, a bit confusing to me, so do u encourage KC to buy Fibon? I do not view Fibon as “莺莺美黛子" at all. And I am trying to put some brake into his hot venture into Fibon. Hopefully, he has the same view as mine. But for sure he still can view thing from another angle. This

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 15:20 | Report Abuse

Hi Tan KW and KC :
After the recommendation by KC, I went to Bursa for Annual Report and read thru the introduction of the company and profile of its directors. Once I finished the profile of Directors, I decided to delete Fibon from my database. I am a non-financial guy and I do not feel comfortable with the BOD. Please have a read, I believe people as smart as you must able to find out more than me. Even though if I were WRONG, I still can find many more visible and convinced 美黛子in the market during the “Christmas Sale(Cold Eye again)”, as long as you are patient. I do not want to take unnecessary risk for betting in an uncertain duckling to become a white swan especially at the current historical high market.
The second message I got after reading the annual report: Put it in another way, if you are not buying its shares thru KLSE but were exclusively invited by Pang family to have a joint venture in Fibon for 3 years with option to extend. Assuming the required capital is only RM50K with option to increase. Do you, says staying in KL, want to put your hard earned money into it, which is far located in Kluang, Johore ? Frankly speaking I will definitely NO.
KC and Tan KW: I would like to reiterate, you did a great homework. As I read and benefited from your hard work, I feel I am obliged to let you know my view which may help.
Thank you.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-06 15:30 | Report Abuse

Tan KW :
Cold Eye said having a close follow up on 5 stars counters and do not buy “NON-美黛子”.
Your quote to KC : “but i think kcchongnz should able to follow up his stock closely –“. You gave him an false impression that even though it is not a 美黛子, as long as follow up closely, it will be OK.
Sorry, if I read you wrong. Thks

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-06 16:19 | Report Abuse

bsngpg,
I just went to read the profile of directors in annual report. As you did not specific your concerns, I couldn't guess what you meant. So can't put forward any more opinion.

As for your second message of would I want to invest in Fibon's business as it is located in far away from Kluang. Not a concern for me. All companies i have invested are thousands of miles away.

Regarding your second post regarding 5 stars counters to invest, yeah they are good. But my strategy may be different. In order to strive to earn extra-ordinary return, I have to try to find some good companies which have not been followed by everybody yet, and fund managers have not put them into their portfolio yet, and hence their share prices have not fully or overvalued yet.

Every investor is different. But anyway, as we have said before, there are thousands of other stocks in bursa to invest.

Posted by newbiestock > 2013-08-06 16:21 | Report Abuse

dear KCCHONGNZ. do u have any plantations stocks recommendation for us??? thanks

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-06 17:26 | Report Abuse

TAnKW. I have posted my sixth stock in the regular thread. thanks.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-07 10:09 | Report Abuse

What's happening to Fibon?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-08-07 10:20 | Report Abuse

KC :
Whereas for Fibun, to me, it is very risky. As I am not good in English writing, it is hard for me to express my view accurately in detail. But the below are something in point forms, hopefully you can connect the points by yourself:
i) close family, high risk to screw up your money, nobody to check and balance.
ii) All family members, indicate shallow mindset of the owner, unlikely to grow in creativity , efficiency etc.
iii) Close family, risk to have inner fighting among them
iv) Close family, difficult to attract talents
v) Many companies cheated on numbers especially this type of close family and small one
vi) Too small, cannot stand big blow such as financial tsunami if there is any or internal company crisis.
vii) Marginal profit : can easily swing to negative if something wrong i.e. one or two big clients do not pay you and run away
viii) Their education background and experience : not professional, can do small business but unlikely to grow big
Thank you.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 10:29 | Report Abuse

KC and OTB, looks like your stock picks are being followed. MFCB, Puncak WB and even Fibon (usually very quiet)are moving.

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-08-07 10:51 | Report Abuse

To be honest, I believe both OTB and KC Chong are good .
I want to be 莺莺美代子,hence I tend to follow KC Chong more.
众里寻他千百度。。。。

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-07 11:13 | Report Abuse

bsngpg,
You have many valid points. Actually I guessed correctly about your concerns, very logical. Just that since you didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to go further.

Yes, Fibon is a tightly family controlled business. All decision makers are all in the family, though there are a few independent non-executive directors. The independent directors are very qualified but I doubt they can be truly independent. Tightly family controlled business has all the risks mentioned by you. Unless you personally know those people, the risks are always there.

Many Malaysian listed companies are also tightly family controlled. Some straight come into my mind are Pintaras, Coastal, etc. these companies have been doing well and shareholders are well rewarded. In Pintaras, although the husband and wife and the son team are fully in control, but I don't see any irregularities which could hurt minority shareholders. I couldn't see irregularities happening to Fibon too by reading its annual report, but may be i don't know enough of it yet.

Talk about qualification of the directors, it is not so much concern for me. It is the credibility, their characters, business acumen etc are more important. I could see many companies have highly qualified professionals but they use their brain to manipulate minority shareholders, and not doing the right things for the business. Believe me, big companies with many smart people have more politics and infighting.

A small business is also not a great concern of me. Many big companies grew from small when they are more efficient, and lighter and hence can run (grow) faster. Yes, small companies can hit hard when crisis comes, but if they are lean and fit, the chance of failure is low. Fibon is debt free and cash rich. Their business is a real business with stable revenue and profit.

Does Fibon manipulate its financial statements? I have analyzed them but nothing in particular came into my mind.

bsngpg, it is just that we have different opinion and ways of looking things. Your comments are very useful, seriously.

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-08-07 11:17 | Report Abuse

Ya, FCTB 说出我的想法!
KC, Cheers!

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 11:26 | Report Abuse

KW Tan, I do not believe KC has the power to push the shares up. FTCB"s theory does not hold water.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-07 11:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by Tan KW > Aug 7, 2013 11:04 AM | Report Abuse
based on FCTB theory, kcchongnz push the share price as the share being published in i3investor

Tan KW, you are being very humorous here. I can push up the share price, those illiquid stocks? Give me a break.

But frankly speaking, fundamental stocks's price won't spike. Investment in fundamental stocks is a slow return process. If one can earn 15% in a year, that is considered very good already as the broad market of most developed and developing countries return about 10% a year only.

Just a bit surprise on the sudden rise of these nobody-follow-stocks of Pintaras,Fibon and MFCB. It is definitely not because of my posts. there must be some coincidence, may be a better quarterly report coming out soon.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 11:41 | Report Abuse

Wanted to enter MFCB at 1.85. Hesitated and missed. But if it's for long term, even at 1.90 is a good buy.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-07 11:42 | Report Abuse

Tan KW, I know you are joking. You should know I too. Yeah, take a good break for this Hari Raya. I will be in Taupo to play golf. The Wairakei International Golf Course is one of the best in NZ. Hopefully can do some skiing at Whakapapa in Mt Ruepehu.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 11:49 | Report Abuse

But FTCB, don't you think OTB's phrases are logical ?

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 11:50 | Report Abuse

KC, Fibon has never done so much volume for quite a while. You are a hero.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,180 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-08-07 11:56 | Report Abuse

The way you all describe, Kcchongnz and I will be Warren B and G Soro respectively in KLSE.

Take it as a joke, enjoy your holidays. Selamat Hari Raya.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-07 11:58 | Report Abuse

inwest88, tell you a secrete. I have written many posts on fundamentals of stocks, including Pintaras, Kfima, Prestariang, Plenitude, ECSICT, SKPRes, CBIP, Willow, Pantech, Scientex, Apollo, Zhulian etc etc in i3. But notice that they are mostly illiquid stocks, few or none analysts follow? They never go up the first time I posted them. In fact it took a long time. But this time don't know why counters like MFCB, Fibon, Pintaras went up a lot not long I have written about them?

This is a coincidence, luck and nothing else. Don't call me a hero. it will only attract attacks.

oldpro

40 posts

Posted by oldpro > 2013-08-07 11:59 | Report Abuse

KCC and OTB,
Keep up the good work, don't let some children upset your day

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 12:00 | Report Abuse

Ok, maybe an incidental hero )joking only). Ya maybe it's just the timing. Don't bother about ifax.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,180 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-08-07 12:16 |

Post removed.Why?

Ooi Teik Bee

11,180 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-08-07 12:22 |

Post removed.Why?

JTFX

1,582 posts

Posted by JTFX > 2013-08-07 12:23 | Report Abuse

Many tks to KCC..added Fibon to my portfolio at .345 ..happy hols..

Ooi Teik Bee

11,180 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-08-07 12:28 | Report Abuse

Posted by inwest88 > Aug 7, 2013 11:49 AM | Report Abuse

But FTCB, don't you think OTB's phrases are logical ?

He never attend any technical course, he knows nut about TA.

I hope we will talk to human being, but animal.

Thank you.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-08-07 12:29 | Report Abuse

i tend to believe this fat cat tubby is only a novice and just started investment. instead of appreciating a technical point of view, he chose to attack something he doesn't understand. typical of stupid people with closed mind, if he ever has one!

when you mix with clever people, the results will rub on you! - old saying!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-08-07 12:31 | Report Abuse

Ooi, this guy said it well! you can do well by ignoring that tubby who only wants attention! knows little but wanna talk like an expert! bloody novice!

Posted by oldpro > Aug 7, 2013 11:59 AM | Report Abuse
KCC and OTB,
Keep up the good work, don't let some children upset your day

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-08-07 12:32 | Report Abuse

Posted by JTFX > Aug 7, 2013 12:23 PM | Report Abuse
Many tks to KCC..added Fibon to my portfolio at .345 ..happy hols..

JTFX, happy Hari Raya holiday.

As I have said before, this stock was introduced to me by a forumer here when Fibon was at 32.5 sen. His name is house. When he showed me his analysis, I straightaway bought some, before I even carried out my own analysis. I have to thank him too.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-08-07 12:35 | Report Abuse

Do you have any hidden gem for 2013?
Jan 5, 2013 10:45 AM | Report Abuse
gcb = giant ci bai hahaha..
this stock very nice :D , no , seriously , gcb is really good, have a second look if u wan to make money in 2013

Ooi, you can do research on this, on who quoted this! someone tried his hand to be a sifu after many adulations and accolades has gone to his tiny brain! LOL

i am just waiting for 2013 to be over to whack him! LOL

Ooi Teik Bee

11,180 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-08-07 12:42 | Report Abuse

Dear KC Loh,

I do not want to attack anyone here even the post is nonsense.

I can only advise human being, but not animal which is so stupid. Too bad, this world has all sort of people.

Thank you.
Ooi

bighunter

128 posts

Posted by bighunter > 2013-08-07 12:44 | Report Abuse

you are right, Mr OTB, dont bother about animal as share market is solely for human beings...

Ooi Teik Bee

11,180 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-08-07 12:46 | Report Abuse

Overall I did not disappoint any member in I3investor.com if they follow my recommendation. They are laughing all the ways to the bank.

寧可天下人負我, 休教我負天下人
I cannot disappoint you.

I deserve it lah !! You talk C**K.

Thank you.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-08-07 12:51 | Report Abuse

Ooi, in stock market, they say ignore noises! But with animals, especially young farts, it would be good to take preemptive measures. If not they get carried away thinking they get away with their nonsense.

At least tubby already wave white flag and FINALLY ADMIT here. I can't see him admit anywhere as claimed about his gcb. Stupid child-out-of-wedlock! (Let him learn some english since he is Mr final ultimate. He can learn to rub more shoulders! LoL)

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > Aug 7, 2013 12:41 PM | Report Abuse

hey, i make mistake, i admitted it, gcb padini csl etc etc, i make a lot of losses,

I am still waiting 2013 over to whack him more! Hahaha

JTFX

1,582 posts

Posted by JTFX > 2013-08-07 12:56 | Report Abuse

KCC, without ur FA on Fibon, i wud not hv bot it.TA, this is like getting in at the basement levels..it also looks typically like many of the stocks b4 they shoot up after the May elections.Plus its been trdg in tight rge near low of 0.265..

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-08-07 13:02 | Report Abuse

Ooi, just continue your good work on TA. If these b*stards chose to attack you, it only shows they buy shares without employing their own research!

The reason why I chose to whack them now is because idiots like these (excusing themselvesnas jokes) never realise the consequences of their actions. This portal has lost a number of good people,willing to share without asking for compensation, due to young Turk-eyes like them!

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 13:03 | Report Abuse

I observed that there are something people holding grudges against those who are sincerely and giving advice on stock selections. Clear examples are:-
FTSB against Ooi Teik Bee
Newbiestock against KC Loh
Ifax against KCChongnz

This is a forum to exchange ideas for discussion and hopefully can bring some gains to one another. OTB may be a stock broker but it does not mean that his recommendations can have a big impact on the share prices. Moreover I reckon that those in this forum are big time players. The final decision to enter is up to the individual and thus any losses arising is the responsibility of the decision maker. No once is forcing you to buy or sell.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-08-07 13:05 | Report Abuse

Everyday you see new people promoting various stocks like Nova, SCable, Sona, Cliq, Pantech etc. You just cannot simply follow !

Hustle

3,615 posts

Posted by Hustle > 2013-08-07 13:07 | Report Abuse

Critic make perfect,it will refresh us what kind of particular info that we miss,actually it is not a bad thing.
Nothing personal,profit only :)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz