9 people like this.

61 comment(s). Last comment by buffett_jr 2015-11-04 17:36

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-20 22:51 | Report Abuse

Why can't the oldman just accept he might be wrong also? Negative cash flow a big warning sign as I said! Knm is a good case study! During tht time PPL chasing Knm like crazy up to even RM10. See where Knm now??

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2015-10-20 22:57 | Report Abuse

(1) One makes others see what he sees crystal clearly by their own eyes..
(2) and the other makes others blind themselves and trust his eyes as if theirs.

Its not that difficult to see which may be a better person isn't it?

I thought of commenting this on his blog earlier...but then decided not to coz I felt at that age people have tendency to behave like a 8 year old.

KC....no need to entertain such a 'child'...
"just be like water"....Bruce Lee.

Posted by citychew_1886 > 2015-10-20 23:01 | Report Abuse

Hi KC ,
keep going and dont stop writing in I3investor , we really learn a lot from your article . keep it up ...

Posted by birkincollector > 2015-10-20 23:50 | Report Abuse

must read for me too! And I'm surprised u still remember Paul the sotong :-)

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-10-20 23:58 | Report Abuse

"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you. You are right because your data and reasoning are right."

- Benjamin Graham

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-10-21 00:03 | Report Abuse

tsk tsk tsk so wise

Posted by paperplane2 > Oct 20, 2015 10:51 PM | Report Abuse

Why can't the oldman just accept he might be wrong also? Negative cash flow a big warning sign as I said! Knm is a good case study! During tht time PPL chasing Knm like crazy up to even RM10. See where Knm now??

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-10-21 00:04 | Report Abuse

"In the world of investing, being correct about something isn't at all synonymous with being proved correct right away." - Howard Marks

vinext

117 posts

Posted by vinext > 2015-10-21 04:09 | Report Abuse

guess where r these super-alpha stocks now?
1) march 1993, GRANITE=30c, yr end of 1993= $18. A 60 baggers
2)REPCO 199x, $2.50, 1-2yrs later, $2xx.xx
3)hup seng (biscuit producer) another 50 baggers, fr few Rm to RM1xx.xx

Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre-WB.
no surprise VS is pretty flat since JUNE 1998: http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=VS:KLS.

"investor is neither right or wrong because others agreed or disagreed with him; he is right because his facts and analysis are right." – Ben Graham
help me to answer these:
as early as 2013, KC was already writing abt furniture stocks, can anyone tell me why suddenly KKY removed KC from 1 of the 3 ppl managing some of kky's fund?

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-10-21 04:40 | Report Abuse

My Bro Invest88 said it well - count me in also I'm no 11 out of 10 :) hope all is well with u :)

actually paperplane2 said it well too about KNM n Kc has published many articles for a few years already about the poor financials of the company. Too bad for me n my pocket that I do not know Kc BEFORE I 'invested' in KNM but I learn a LOT from him about value investing thru his articles n particularly enjoy his shenanigans of General Lee.

Thankfully he will still continue sharing - juz too bad that time is something I do not have enough but his articles is a MUST for me despite my busy schedule :) Thanks KC and hope God continue to bless you and your family with good health more importantly n wealth :)

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-10-21 05:05 | Report Abuse

The criticism against KC is uncalled for. Old man think he is right just because share price has gone up.

Let me be frank. On most occasion, I invest the same way KYY invests. I buy before consistency in earnings can be established hoping that company will continue to perform in the future. I scour the bourse looking for the next big thing, the undiscovered gem, hoping that my discovery will outperform those are proven.

Despite my higher than average return, I will never tell the public to follow my footsteps because I know full well that I assume higher risk to achieve it. My standard advice to new investors is that if they have no time, buy blue chips or index, buy small/medium caps only if they have the dedication to know and monitor the company they buy, and unless they have the stomach for risks, learn FA from KC Chong and be safe.

Speculating about the future can earn you extraordinary returns. But let's not kid ourselves the risk for doing so is as low as buying Public Bank. Even though I speculate on occasion, I think this attack on KC Chong is uncalled for. KC Chong's methodology is still the golden benchmark for protection of capital and safety, and I will recommend his methodology anytime to new investors over my riskier, painstaking strategy. To boast about high return from assuming high risk is unethical, irresponsible and frankly I'm quite disguted with it.

Posted by globalvalueinvestor > 2015-10-21 05:58 | Report Abuse

KYY is no wrong, KCC also right, so as long it works for different people and satisfaction own-self, thats is the right way.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2015-10-21 06:43 | Report Abuse

PUC: Solar Farms
Glotec: CBM Gas
XingHe: Peanut Oil
Flonic: Property/Renovation
AAX: Kapal Terbang .....

The Greatest Prediction of All Time

kikikkiiiii
Kaki Lima Tukang Tilik
Ayam Brands...

Posted by kircheis > 2015-10-21 09:00 | Report Abuse

KC, please ignore him and continue sharing your articles. In fact I find your articles so informative that I attend your course. Through the exercises I understand that it takes so many work to write the articles which you share like simple essay. I respect you for this free sharing.

I think the criticism against KC is irrational. In investment we all have different methods. There is no need for angry if others put out different opinions. We should instead appreciate it as it help us to look from different angle. I don't there is a perfect method or else all of us here will be rich long time ago. Any opinions should be appreciated as it may remind us of areas that we missed out.

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2015-10-21 09:39 | Report Abuse

Analysis of business involved profit & loss performance, balance sheet strength and cash flow arising from operation, investment and financing decision.

When you mixed fundamental analysis with trading mentality, sometime you may get blinded with one aspect of the business performance and overlook the weaknesses building up in other areas that may endanger its viability should the environment it operated in turn sour. Especially when valuation get too lofty.

I would prefer to invest in a well run business with sustainable profit growth, right mix of debt equity structure and positive free cash flow. Especially on businesses which delivered consistent dividend payout.

I respect KC fundamental analysis skill and propounding the right mindset for long term investment.

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2015-10-21 09:42 | Report Abuse

I dislike businesses that used financial engineering tactics to mislead investors that do not add value to shareholders.

Posted by goreng_goreng > 2015-10-21 09:51 | Report Abuse

keep up with the good writings Mr. KC

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-10-21 10:12 | Report Abuse

Appreciate your writings and comments, KC. Dun let that old man keep bragging about his "noble intentions". He is nothing but a sly and arrogant fox preying on newbie investors and showing off as a philanthropist. I believe they are many wise people who can discern once you know the motive behind writing an article. And for KYY, definitely he has ulterior motives behind. and he will do whatever he can to stop people from foiling his plans to make money

Alpha Trader

1,983 posts

Posted by Alpha Trader > 2015-10-21 10:13 | Report Abuse

Kc got his own way of investing, he is not a momentum trader nor a short term investor, thus missing out boats like VS/IFCA/ SUCCESS etc, no wrong with that, as a SMART investor, we should know what the general investors like, then we buy ahead of them, that is called smart

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2015-10-21 10:14 | Report Abuse

I agree that the criticism against KC is uncalled for.

Keep up the good work KC. I am one of the people who appreciate your knowledge and writings in i3.

Thanks~

oohlala

112 posts

Posted by oohlala > 2015-10-21 10:14 | Report Abuse

Keep up your good work KC. Time will tell

sarahdeaton

1,609 posts

Posted by sarahdeaton > 2015-10-21 10:51 | Report Abuse

shhhh, why fighting here?,, faster go back main forum and see what other counters good to buy.

BuLLRam

1,104 posts

Posted by BuLLRam > 2015-10-21 11:01 | Report Abuse

In the end..just be sure u make $$$ from the mkts..whatever method, way..give some due respect to others n no need to criticise other persons style lahhh...life is too short...get on with it dehhhh...

xuewen

374 posts

Posted by xuewen > 2015-10-21 13:11 | Report Abuse

Posted by Alphabeta > Oct 21, 2015 09:39 AM | Report Abuse

When you mixed fundamental analysis with trading mentality, sometime you may get blinded with one aspect of the business performance and overlook the weaknesses building up in other areas that may endanger its viability should the environment it operated in turn sour. Especially when valuation get too lofty.

Alphabeta,

do you need to make thing sound so complicated??????

sifu cold-eye or warren buffet will pengsan when you teach them your mentality.

======================================================================
Posted by Alpha Trader > Oct 21, 2015 10:13 AM | Report Abuse

Kc got his own way of investing, he is not a momentum trader nor a short term investor, thus missing out boats like VS/IFCA/ SUCCESS etc, no wrong with that, as a SMART investor, we should know what the general investors like, then we buy ahead of them, that is called smart

1. SMART DIE FASTER BUT SAFE NEVER DIE
2. a value investor always has a set of stock pick criteria, if all the stocks you mentioned do not meet one's stock pick criteria , do yo call it a miss

xuewen

374 posts

Posted by xuewen > 2015-10-21 13:18 | Report Abuse

another story to share here

once a while make 100% , 200% or 300% .. is not a big deal

just refresh the story of DATASONIC or prestaring , you see a few buses of investors make the score but at the same time also a few buses make a few hundred negative score

nothing to be proud of.

pakcik ayamtua also had ever made a few hundred percent score before.
don't believe? ask him

xuewen

374 posts

Posted by xuewen > 2015-10-21 13:39 | Report Abuse

split and free warrant is a way to sapu money . VS is smart but crooked.

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2015-10-21 14:04 | Report Abuse

Dear xuewen, you are right. Lets' make it simple. In business or investing, the key word here is don't "Over-trade". Especially when you need to leverage beyond the comfort zone by building up capacity, inventories and receivables.

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-10-21 14:22 | Report Abuse

no right or wrong, so long the method works over the long term and harm none...
I didn't do it my way haha

fast

2,677 posts

Posted by fast > 2015-10-21 15:43 | Report Abuse

TP for VS is Rm1.42 http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/ptres/31554.jsp#content , no need to argue with anyone la, just focus on your good work.

klphoon55

17 posts

Posted by klphoon55 > 2015-10-21 17:05 | Report Abuse

I am not siding either party. I believe it is just looking at the same counter from a different angle. No need to get personal. WHEN YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, ADMIT IT AND BE SORRY. NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

klse2me

1 posts

Posted by klse2me > 2015-10-21 17:12 | Report Abuse

the most important rule in investing is never lose your money

SuperMan 99

1,178 posts

Posted by SuperMan 99 > 2015-10-21 17:24 | Report Abuse

Different views & angles will give different dimensions of the matters, opportunities & risks are twin brothers, The more information we have, we may be able to make better decision.

We can not please everyone, hope kcchongnz can continue his good works.

Keep it up! Cheers!

ickywin

71 posts

Posted by ickywin > 2015-10-21 22:48 | Report Abuse

I prefer to follow Mr KC Chong fundamental investment, more safe and could see return like Homeritz which I have been holding before bonus share ever since I read his article.

As for Mr Koon investment fundamental (is more on business concept) and a high risk investment which is not wrong if you know the business growth however, most of the small retail investor like me prefer seeing return in long term because I am just a small investor with limited cash which could not impact any share movement.

Anyway, I regards Mr Chong as my guru and so far it work. Thank you Mr Chong and please continue to share your stock analysis.

dick20

309 posts

Posted by dick20 > 2015-10-22 00:21 | Report Abuse

There are many different investment styles and strategies to make money from the stock market. Let us find the style that suits us and that style must make money. So,it doesn't matter who we follow, KC Chong or Koon as long we understand what we are doing and as long as we MAKE MONEY!

Posted by erwinsftan > 2015-10-22 02:20 | Report Abuse

Respect is earned indeed! The real super investors and philanthropists are unassuming and keep a low profile, without trying to tell the whole world what they achieved or did, for they didn't have to. And xuewen, you are right, once a while, we may land ourselves with multibaggers, but not necessarily good investments, like the good old second board bull run days in 1995-1996. I have plenty of 1000% counters, even one that went up 50x, before I lost them all when they crashed.:-)

apanama

3,796 posts

Posted by apanama > 2015-10-22 05:20 | Report Abuse

Just chill. As long as you make money cukuplah. Its a total lie if you never loss in stockmarket. Its also a total lie if you just win in stockmarket. Just stick to what you believe. At the end of the day, you pay the cheque and you earn the cheque.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-22 07:00 | Report Abuse

Thank you for all the kind words; some from my course participants, some from my friends and e-friends who have been continuously giving me the moral support, some I just do not know them. Also thanks a couple of them who are critical about my investing strategies, but without the terms like "talk cock", "empty tong", "rubbish". "bull shit", "misleading' etc., at least in this thread.

I have to specifically mentioned about this one with a simple statement from him, as I have learned a great deal of things from the past:

[Posted by luzeeker > Oct 20, 2015 09:52 PM | Report Abuse
Keep writing KC, you wrote good articles.]

So looks like I am "obliged" to keep on writing. Haha.

I have used VS as examples a lot for sharing because there are many "interesting" things about the past and present performance of this company. One just can't write much about a company if it is not "interesting". Mind you, I have never encouraged nor discouraged anyone from investing in this share, nor have I talked about what its share price will be in the future.

But sharing of the "interesting" things seems to antagonize some people. I seriously did not have that intention. For me, I am always happy to people who tell me the opposite view of a stock I own. It curbs my over-confidence which is to me, is detrimental to my investing outcome.

I guess maybe I should refrain from talking about this company any more. So too bad for those who owns VS shares now, because every time I talked about it, its share price goes up.

Thanks you again.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-22 07:17 |

Post removed.Why?

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2015-10-22 07:35 | Report Abuse

Frank buddy, how are things going? Hope all is well with you. Making a trip back next CNY ? We can then rope in KC for a sumptuous meal.

pputeh

698 posts

Posted by pputeh > 2015-10-22 10:08 | Report Abuse

KC Chong, you have done a great job & please continue writing. We cannot please everyone. Even me, KC you once told me off about Latitude that the directors are there not to worry about the share price. True to the dot. I have accepted yr comments with thanks. Yr articles have been both informative and eye openers. All I can say is.."to each his own'. So KC lets just move on and you continue to spread the good cheer & happiness that u bring to many of us. To those who are not happy just don't read. Plain & simple.

bcllct

24 posts

Posted by bcllct > 2015-10-22 11:02 | Report Abuse

It is absolutely clear that KC writings on stock investment are the best in I3. keep up the good work

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-22 11:33 | Report Abuse

pputeh,

Since you are so kind to me, let me take some time to answer your question below.

Posted by pputeh > Oct 21, 2015 09:30 AM | Report Abuse
ibkeat, agreed with you, good company and market leader. However wonder why directors not having any coperate exercises like other furniture companies to make the shares cheaper & more liquid by declaring bonus, share split or warrants. At this price not many can buy with quantity to be invested in company.
Hopeful they will be pro active. Lets wait and see for the good news if it will come.

If the directors of a company are all the time thinking about jacking up the share price by having share split lah, free warrants lah, instead of spending time and money to improve the performance of the company, avoid the stock like a plague.

First of all, that is the duty of the director; how to do well in the business. Share price will follow.

Secondly, corporate exercises like share split and free warrant doesn't add a sen of value to shareholder, except for trying to jack up the share price of the stock. Please read here:

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/79280.jsp

The thing is that you won't know when the music stops, and the ones who control it and would grab the seats are you-know-who.

Thirdly, if the company directors have to give in to big investors' wimp and fancy to have these types of corporate exercises, they aren't credible.

Fourthly, what liquidity are you talking about? Don't have RM6820 to buy 1000 shares of Latitude at RM6.82? How much do you have, RM2000? Can't you invest in 300 shares?

Fifthly, corporate exercises require the service of investment bankers. They don't come cheap. You know at whose expense?

Spare some thought on this statement below:

[Posted by xuewen > Oct 21, 2015 01:39 PM | Report Abuse
split and free warrant is a way to sapu money]

coolio

620 posts

Posted by coolio > 2015-10-22 11:58 | Report Abuse

KC, please keep doing the good things you are doing now. I know you will just ignore those annoying sound out there, you know your quality.
I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you again because recently I have achieved 7 figure in my investing journey...hehehe.. Thanks for your investing methods, no 8 wonders in the world is really amazing!

Posted by jeffrything > 2015-10-22 12:20 | Report Abuse

KC, continue your good work of teaching others to fish for themselves. VS's record will speaks for itself without anyone doing anything about it. Anyway, the game doesn't end until the fat lady sings, and he who laugh last will laugh best. Some people grow old gracefully but when others become not a gentleman, we don't have to be like him. With the splitting of the shares fivefold, a new game has just started. With the little knowledge I gain from you, I will not want to be caught when the music stops and the fundamentals are not there. Thanks again KC, and cheers !!!!!!

pputeh

698 posts

Posted by pputeh > 2015-10-22 13:07 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC for yr patience & painstakingly explaining the pitfalls of the of coperate exercises and costs that come with it. Much obliged and looking forward to more of yr analysis of companies in Bursa.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-10-22 13:49 | Report Abuse

KC, thank you for the time spent writing educational articles on the art of investment. I have learned plenty from your work. I don't care whether your stock pick returns the fastest, or whether the market agrees with your assessment of certain companies. What matters is that you have the best intention for the general public. You don't preach fast return, hot stock or speculation, but slow and steady return using the tried and true method of value investing. You have my respect and please keep writing, especially on those that step on other people's toes hahaha.

ccs999

674 posts

Posted by ccs999 > 2015-10-22 16:32 | Report Abuse

KC, please keep doing the good things you are doing now. I know you will just ignore those annoying sound out there, you know your quality.
I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you again because recently I have achieved 7 figure in my investing journey...hehehe.. Thanks for your investing methods, no 8 wonders in the world is really amazing! + 1

vinext

117 posts

Posted by vinext > 2015-10-23 21:24 | Report Abuse

no one reply to my Q

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2015-10-23 21:30 | Report Abuse

condemn lah all misleaders..
agreed.

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-10-28 05:19 | Report Abuse

Posted by inwest88 > Oct 22, 2015 07:35 AM | Report Abuse
Frank buddy, how are things going? Hope all is well with you. Making a trip back next CNY ? We can then rope in KC for a sumptuous meal.

Sorry Missed your post invest88. would definitely love to on your last sentence but unfortunately dun travel during CNY as it's usually too crowded but who knows someday n will definitely keep u posted :) Am doing well and hope u are as well :) - thanks for asking - juz need more hours per day LOL now got some free time n will go read some of our best friend articles. take care :)

Posted by buffett_jr > 2015-11-04 17:36 | Report Abuse

the simplest and easiest way to value a stock actually, yet yielding fruitful result over the long term

Post a Comment
Market Buzz