1 person likes this.

125 comment(s). Last comment by PunTatBerSiul 2021-02-18 13:49

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-02-13 01:18 | Report Abuse

The solution to this symptom is to implement the following Top Ten Solutions:-

build more religous schools and religous universities and ban the study of maths and science in English.
build more stadiums and decorative road structures.
more race tracks for bicycles
more race tracks for motor cycles
more race tracks for cars
expand civil service by hiring another 3 million staff.
Khazanah to take over more all private companies including roadside nasi lemak stalls and change it to become GLCs
more monthly allowances to everyone without need to work
increase monthly allowances to all farmers and fishermen including part-timers.
purchase more submarines

Posted by BountyOfTheBourse > 2021-02-13 02:50 | Report Abuse

Really???

Posted by BountyOfTheBourse > 2021-02-13 02:54 | Report Abuse

Well, if this country is so darn krappy then one really should wonder how come you guys, especially SSLee, are still here, instead of having gone shifted your sour grape sore arse to the favourite El Dorado or Grand Utopia of your dreams.

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 08:50 | Report Abuse

Dear BountyOf The Bourse,
Below my career path and I am still working in Indonesia.

I graduated from UM with Bachelor in Chemical Engineering in 1986. Year 1986 is the most terrible year to graduate as we have this new Prime Ministry Dr. Mahathir Mohammad trying to carry out his Malay agenda.The default of KLCE palm oil future, he Pan Electric scandal by MCA president Mr Tan Koon Swan causing the KLSE and SES to collapse (1985). By 1986 World economy is in full recession as almost all the commodities price nose dive to its record low and the foreign and internal investments were shrinking rapidly due to 30% bumiputra equity requirement. Lay off and unemployment is the order of the day.
I wrote in hundred of application letters to any job opening I can find in the newspaper and meanwhile waiting for any replied I worked as personal mathematics tutor to this rich man son in Damansara preparing him for over-sea university entries exam.
My break comes one day when I was called for an interview with SAB a local Oleo Chemical company in Klang. When I went for the interview I saw my senior leaving the interview room and my heart sank as I do not know how am I going to compete with my senior for the job?
I will be forever grateful to Mr. FG Wong for taking me in as production executive with monthly salary of RM 1,000 and with house quarter.

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 08:50 | Report Abuse

Year 1990, PM Dr. Mahathir Mohammad had learned his lesson and change course. (Dr. Mahathir Mohamed will to become the longest services PM (1981-2003) and credited for the rapid development of Malaysia. His Vision 2020 to be a fully developed country by year 2020 required a GDP growth of at least 8% per year till 2020) To attract foreign direct investment a lot of goodies including 100% foreign equity, tax free status for certain year, cheap land, cheap utility, cheap infrastructure plus cheap labour and one stop agency to process all the licenses to encourage MNC to set up manufacturing base in Malaysia. One of the MNC that was attracted to this incentive was ICI group PLC planning to set up Titanium Dioxide plant in Terengganu. A full page advertisement was published in the New Strait Time newspaper seeking multi discipline degree holders to fill up varies vacancies and be the pioneer employees for the said soon to be built plant.

Interview time, I was so surprise there were so many candidates, we had to do some written test, one to one interview then divided to groups to do leadership and group activities with this white man trainer watching our every moves and writing something on his note. I belief I did well during the interview as all the year of training my operators had pay dividend as now I am more confident able to explain complex text in simple way and just not only talk but communicating with other, listening to them, watching their body language and make proper respond. Yes I got the job

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 08:51 | Report Abuse

My third career is some sort of homecoming as I rejoined SAB as Engineering Manager in 1996.
SAB had expanded another oleo chemical plant which they name its Pofachem. The Engineering Manager had some fall out with the top management and they needed a replacement. During my day with Tioxide whenever I was in Klang I would pay a visit to my old colleague in SAB. During one of those visits the plant manager asked me whether I am interest to rejoin them as Engineering Manager. After giving it a deep thought I accepted the offer

I was promoted to Business Development Manager in 1998 accompanied the GM and MD (Major shareholder) to China to explore business opportunities in China. In the late 90’s almost every month there were many China investment invitations from province, city, county or town having trade promotion in Malaysia to promote investment opportunities in China. SAB did participate in such invitations, signing MOU and collecting all the projects paper given out by them. I had to read through all the projects paper and cherry picking which project is worth investing.

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 08:51 | Report Abuse

I was offered a General Manager Post by PT MM to start up an Oleo Chemical Plant in Medan. I was attracted to the high Tax free USD pay and the opportunity to be finally given a chance to build something great from a green field. I readily accepted the offer. I carefully crafted a resignation letter to the MD and Plant Manager citing my burning desire to take this one in the life time opportunity to be given a freehand to build something big by this company. I also expressed my profound apology that I had to leave and gratitude I had for them for given me the chance to start my first career. The MD asked me to take my time to think it over and finally knowing that I had already made up my mind reluctantly accepted my resignation.
I was in Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia in June 2001.

Today the Medan site employed 2000+ employees and generated revenue of over USD billion.

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-02-13 09:29 | Report Abuse

My Senior SSLee now i knew yr full story...

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 10:01 | Report Abuse

Haha CharlesT do you think the current batch of local university graduate stand any chance in some written test, one to one interview then divided to groups to do leadership and group activities conducted by MNC

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-02-13 10:06 | Report Abuse

My batch is also very diff fm yr batch...

Current batch is even worse than my batch...

Fm bad to worse....

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-02-13 10:31 |

Post removed.Why?

CharlesT

14,577 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-02-13 10:34 | Report Abuse

But some of them can goreng shares much better than my batch

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-02-13 10:34 | Report Abuse

Given the opportunity to remake my decisions all over again, I would have migrated overseas when I was younger.

Those who decide to stay will have to pay way more in taxes and will receive way less and usually nothing in return.

Its already guaranteed no government benefits will be given to you.

TDM already knew this, recently he was mumbling about non-muslims migrating.
Those who stay behind are those not good enough to migrate like sslee loh.

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-02-13 10:36 | Report Abuse

Even their secondary education level is fast deteriorating year by year...!

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 12:01 | Report Abuse

Haha i3lurker,
I remember I penned below some years ago.
In ancient time history is written by the victor and the loser will be wiped out from any history recording, even history crafted onto stone will be also altered when power change hand. The history of Chinese and Indian immigrates contributions to this nation building had been reduced to a small note in the history book and a side show in our national museum. I just what to quote (if I am not mistaken) Dr. Mahathir Mohamad had once said if not for the contribution and sacrifice make by the immigrants, Malaysia will look like any Africa country. May I correct it; I would think it would be like another South Africa the Apartheid system. Just thinks with Malaysia huge natural resource and small population will the white man just leave?

I am not trying to glorify the immigrate contribution but please do noted that I am also an equal partner to this beloved country and not a second class citizen. Can someone understand what we feel? I think the person that comes very close to understand our feeling is ironically none other than the controversial Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. The just conclude UNMO convention said the Turkey, Thai, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Eurasian or unknown mix bloodline are all Malay. But remember during the heated 1987 UMNO power struggle between Dr. Mahathir Mohamad who was called the “Mamak” not pure Malay versus Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah a pure blood Malay prince. If Dr. Mahathir Mohamad would to loss that fight I would think he would be outcaste from UMNO and his contributions would be just a footnote on the history page. Then he would understand what we feel now.

As Chinese Malaysian, I do not choose to be born as Chinese Malaysian but I am grateful to Malaysia for giving a place of shelter for my parents and thankful to my parents for their many sacrifices made in raising and upbringing me so that I can have a better life. As Chinese Malaysian we had to work extra hard to be successful in this world and in return we do our best to raise our children to be better than us.

When our children is ready, we will tell them this is a globalized world and they are free to choose where they want to serve, to live and to stay as for me my place is in Malaysia. I will do by part to serve Malaysia in whatever way I can to bring about social well-being and justices. My first stop is to promote shareholders activism: Shareholder activism is not a privilege - it is a right and a responsibility. When we invest in a company, we own part of that company and we are partly responsible for how that company progresses. If we believe there is something going wrong with the company, then we, as shareholders, must become active and vocal- Mark Mobius.
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Sslee_blog/2019-03-02-story196085-Investment_Bloggers_day_I3.jsp

GrowingRich

2,632 posts

Posted by GrowingRich > 2021-02-13 14:06 | Report Abuse

Yep I second that statement by Mr. Bounty wholeheartedly 

Severely dissatisfied citizens should just do the right thing & shift their arse out to another place that they reckon is much better, instead of spending pretty much all their time dissing, denigrating & badmouthing everything the govetnment does for the country

Nobody is putting a gun to their head to force them to stay here

GrowingRich

2,632 posts

Posted by GrowingRich > 2021-02-13 14:11 | Report Abuse

As for SSLee, your senseless attention grabbing description of Malaysia as 'the new sick man of Asia' is the ultimate hyperbole & you should rightly be ashamed of yourself for resorting to such cheapskate stuff

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 14:43 | Report Abuse

Dear GrowingRich,
Shooting the messenger is an easy way out to sweep everything under the carpet. If you disagree with Enlightened Globalist’s 13 reasons why Malaysia have become the ‘sick man of Asia’ please have the courage and conviction to rebut the author point by point.

Taehyung

187 posts

Posted by Taehyung > 2021-02-13 17:24 | Report Abuse

Good article.

CoolBull

3,641 posts

Posted by CoolBull > 2021-02-13 17:44 | Report Abuse

There is nothing to sweep. There is nothing worth arguing ad nauseum. Mr. GrowingRich has already hit it smack bang right on the head.

Posted by GrowingRich > Feb 13, 2021 2:06 PM | Report Abuse

Severely dissatisfied citizens should just do the right thing & shift their arse out to another place that they reckon is much better, instead of spending pretty much all their time dissing, denigrating & badmouthing everything the govetnment does for the country

Nobody is putting a gun to their head to force them to stay here

CoolBull

3,641 posts

Posted by CoolBull > 2021-02-13 17:45 | Report Abuse

We have already given the chance for your favoured bunch of jokers, comedians, clowns & yobbos to lead the country

But they messed it up & blew it big time

So, no more next time

Just once is more than enough

scenery

2,361 posts

Posted by scenery > 2021-02-13 17:59 | Report Abuse

Unfortunately, U cant change anything, without revolution...

CoolBull We have already given the chance for your favoured bunch of jokers, comedians, clowns & yobbos to lead the country

But they messed it up & blew it big time

So, no more next time

Just once is more than enough
13/02/2021 5:45 PM

scenery

2,361 posts

Posted by scenery > 2021-02-13 18:02 | Report Abuse

To shift to other place, 1st thing U must be young with high education n skill where u can get good employment in other places, or U must be rich. Unfortunate ppl only can complain cant do anything..

Posted by GrowingRich > Feb 13, 2021 2:06 PM | Report Abuse

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-02-13 18:41 | Report Abuse

go to Australia even in summer at 17C I am already shivering with teeth chattering.
The wan tan mee in Sydney taste like shit.
If I stay there long sure will die very soon

Such things can only do when young so that your body can acclimate well.
for us old dogs, there is no more new tricks left.

Just stay put, after all in Malaysia if you have money its heaven and everything can kowtim, sometimes even with C4 too.

:)

Posted by scenery > Feb 13, 2021 6:02 PM | Report Abuse

To shift to other place, 1st thing U must be young with high education n skill where u can get good employment in other places, or U must be rich. Unfortunate ppl only can complain cant do anything..

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2021-02-13 18:52 | Report Abuse

US Tai Ko is watching. If Moo play foul further by deregister UMNO, sanction sure hit nation like myanmar. gomen can try if they dared to do further damage using emergency to avoid GE

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-13 19:42 | Report Abuse

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/malaysia

Rather than just using unverified facts and just claims of this is bad that is bad, let's look at the world international rankings and figures for Malaysia.

For the highlights:

Adventure! Malaysia is the 29th best country in the world rated for adventure. With UNESCO diving sites, the world biggest cave and multitude of friendly people speaking different languages, it is a wonderful place to live and visit and get around. Not to mention one of the safest countries in the region where the risk of war and violent riots are very low.

We recently had a change of government which was done in an orderly manner, unlike the junta in many countries in the region and around the world.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-13 19:47 | Report Abuse

Open for business: Malaysia is 12th on the list of the best countries to do business. If you are a hard working entrepreneur, it is very easy to do business, with a lot of grants, foreign help, easy funding and stability and the lack of natural disasters.

Try being starting your business in USA, China, Korea or Japan. The bureaucracy alone will deter you.

If you want to be a worker bee, many other countries are definitely better. But if you are willing to strive and with hard to change your lives, more billionaires are found from the rags to riches in Malaysia than in many other countries, where wealth is inherited, and precedents are set in such a way that you find it very hard to move up the chain.

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-02-13 19:53 | Report Abuse

I think by now our national debts is already hitting 1 trillion.Assuming an interest rate of 3 %, our government need to pay rm 2.5 billion monthly on interest alone. It is ironical that since 1970s Petronas had contributed almost a trillion in terms of dividend yo our government but yet the government still owed a trillion. In contrast , Norway had used its oil revenue much more wisely by investing in.stocks and other assets .Today Norway government investment from oil revenue is worth trillions in.US dollars. Every rakyat should be very concerned on.how our government is spending the revenue collected from.both corporate ,income and other taxes plus dividend from petronas. Every citizens who pay taxes has the right to question and criticize if the money is wasted through corruption and other unethical means . Only those who benefitted from the loots will be unhappy with the questioning and criticism.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-13 19:53 | Report Abuse

Movers, malaysia is the 22nd best country in the world for growth and transcending beyond.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/movers-rankings

The growth rates, natural resources and the internet savvy attitudes of the next generation of Malaysians show that they are pushing forward in growth of Malaysia position as the East meets West of the region.

With a internet mindset, the growth of semiconductor and tech industry in the North, and the furniture and EMS production in the South, the multi language speaking Malaysians that can converse in Arabic, Malay, English and Chinese is very sought after. Foreign countries that are trying to avoid China has already begun investments in Malaysia as a go between. Middle East countries are also choosing to work with Malaysians who are seen as modern and forward looking with good grasp of English in the region, Muslim upbringing and Chinese education.

Growth rates wise, Malaysia is definitely on the rise versus many stagnant countries.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-13 19:59 | Report Abuse

Oil is up from -27 when I first plowed into o&g stocks to 62 today, which is going to give big multi year profits to Malaysia as the end of US oil and gas production by biden will signal a huge oil price increase moving forward. Palm oil prices are inching up in tandem, and Malaysian furniture,ems and tech export is stronger than ever.

Blink and you might just miss the growth of Malaysia behind the fog tinted glasses you are wearing.

I am very fond of malaysia and I believe in its long term growth.

How could I not? By investing in Malaysia from 2009 until 2021... I have made a huge huge profit.
Topglove
Ql
Skp
Pchem
Kpower/scib/serbadk
Yinson

All the international arms of Malaysia is competing overseas and doing very well bringing in tax income to Malaysia.

I think Malaysia is as far from the sick man of Asia as you can think.

Posted by ProsperousRealm > 2021-02-13 20:22 | Report Abuse

Posted by Tobby > Feb 13, 2021 7:03 PM | Report Abuse

Ccp will use every single second to ensure US fall into China hands within 4 years time!

====================

Really, Mr. Tobby?

Oh, I love your gung ho & your ironclad faith in your idol ccp, man

Right, so now I challenge you to bet half of all your money on that appallingly ridiculous prophecy of yours actually happening

Okay, make it just a quarter then

Or perhaps just one eighth or even one sixteenth, in case you suddenly start getting cold feet

Well, time for you to start putting your money where your mouth is, now then

scenery

2,361 posts

Posted by scenery > 2021-02-13 20:30 |

Post removed.Why?

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 21:09 | Report Abuse

Philip is right if you are in T20 or upper M40, you are spoil for choice to visit many Malaysia Beautiful Natural Adventure tourist sites or send your children to international/private school and private/oversea university where the education is top class and the students are multi-national, multiracial, multi-culture and multi-language.
But did anyone give a thought those in B40 and their children in National School or Religion School (Sekolah pondok)? What future awaiting them?

Philip is also right by investing in Malaysia from 2009 until 2021... He has made a huge huge profit in
Topglove
Ql
Skp
Pchem
Kpower/scib/serbadk
Yinson
But how many Philip are there in Malaysia? And do you know many listed companies are nothing more than a scam to cheat Malaysians of their hard earned money and SC/Bursa just close one eye like what i3lurker say quote, ‘Just stay put, after all in Malaysia if you have money its heaven and everything can kowtim, sometimes even with C4 too” unquote.

My starting pay as graduate engineer is RM 1,000 in 1986 and how much is graduate pay now? So what is the growth rate of Malaysians salary and did Malaysia salary catch up with inflation rate?

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-02-13 21:23 | Report Abuse

Ease of doing business and number of new billionaires are not a good measures of how a country is performing. GDP and per.capita are a better measures. Malaysia was stuck at the US 10K per.capita for many years.The fact that Malaysia cant achieve the Vision 2020 after 30 years while others like Korea, Taiwan ,HK and Singaopre achieved the high income nation.status before year 2000 require serious post mortem and corrective actions. The other measures is % of middle class .Japan has 2/3 of its population under middle class while China has one third under middle class and has a plan to double to 2/3 by 2035. Malaysia is stuck with the middle income trap with no concrete plan to move forward. This is a big concern . With our best drains migrating and working overseas, it is getting more difficult to attract high end investments . What worry most is that the current cabinets are keeping quiet and has no clue on what to do next .

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 21:54 | Report Abuse

Dear pjseow,
Politicians do bear the responsibility for the current predicament of Malaysia but the faults are with Malaysians who choose to look the other way and the Malay elite/business elite for their own selfish greed to maintain the status quo that benefit them the most.

Any challenge to the status quo is view as questioning the Malay elite/business elite special right and their response will be typically, “Severely dissatisfied citizens should just do the right thing & shift their arse out to another place that they reckon is much better, instead of spending pretty much all their time dissing, denigrating & badmouthing everything the government does for the country. Nobody is putting a gun to their head to force them to stay here”

patrico8

334 posts

Posted by patrico8 > 2021-02-13 22:58 | Report Abuse

It is with concern that I read Vietnam and Singapore has now overtaken us as the fourth and fifth biggest GDP in South East Asia. We may still debate about the merits of our much aligned NEP or whatever name it is now, but our neighbors don't give two hoots about our racial politics because life goes on. Until and unless we have a leader who can raise our country above this, we will be aligned with the bottom rung clique ie. Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Timor Leste shortly.

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-02-13 23:18 |

Post removed.Why?

icecool

4,787 posts

Posted by icecool > 2021-02-13 23:19 | Report Abuse

malaysia is suffering from a system design problem, unfortunately there is no man wise enough to comprehend this let alone redesign a new system, nothing can be done about it.
Since it's now CNY lets all shout together heng ah! ong ah! huat ah!.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2021-02-13 23:20 | Report Abuse

good discussions there sifus sslee, pjseow, philip..

I like what Kishor Mahbubani said, we can learn a lot from singapore

"MPH" is what Malaysia needs

https://www.infrastructure-channel.com/article/-/content/meritocracy-and-pragmatism-keys-to-singapore-s-success

And the secrets are captured in an acronym –MPH – which stands for three words. M for Meritocracy: one reason why Singapore is exceptionally successful is because its leaders tried to get the best possible people to join them in government, so the quality of minds of the leaders matter, but the quality of the minds of the people that are around them is equally important.

The second letter, P, stands for pragmatism: Singapore is by far the most pragmatic country in the world. It will try anything without thinking whether this it will fit its ideology.

The third letter is the hardest one and that is why most countries fail: it stands for honesty. By accident of history we had three brilliant leaders who were also exceptionally honest, even when Singapore was a very poor country and the salaries were very low. If any country can implement these three principles, I guarantee you the country will succeed.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2021-02-13 23:22 | Report Abuse

Till you eliminate the root cause, all cosmetic actions will eventually fail

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-13 23:59 | Report Abuse

https://youtu.be/mJUkJKUx3Vo
The Secret of Singapore's success-Kishor Mahbubani

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2021-02-14 01:40 | Report Abuse

Singapore is a Chinese dominated island city state with 5.7 million guys (25% of them expat workers). Malaysia is a multi-ethnic multi-cultural nation with population 32.7 million spread over land area about 454 times bigger than Singapore. They're two completely different kettles of fish altogether. Or apples & oranges, if you like.

So, just like Indonesia can't follow the Malaysia model, neither can Malaysia follow the Singapore model.

Malaysia will proceed forward as Malaysia. Not as any perfectionist idealistic thinking planner or strategist wishes it on Malaysia.

There're not many similarly featured development models that Malaysia can follow. So, whether y'all like it or not, Malaysia will find its own way.

While despite what all the hardcore negativists or sceptics or cynics among y'all try their darnedest hardest to keep krapping, we haven't done that badly at all.

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-14 06:32 | Report Abuse

Pragmatism means thinking of or dealing with problems in a practical way, rather than by using theory, ideology or abstract principles.

It doesn't matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

And we Malaysians keep doing the same things and hope for a different result. This is insanity

Bgt 9963

7,445 posts

Posted by Bgt 9963 > 2021-02-14 09:22 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-02-14 17:19 | Report Abuse

Sslee, when are you going to come back to Malaysia to help the b40 crowd? My local rotary club has already started a very successful micro loans program for rural areas to produce goods for sale, and also doing a lot of tax repayments to local businesses to the government.

Don't just complain and say this bad etc etc.

Contribute.

I believe I have done my part, both in helping a lot of young investors to change their mental models on trading versus investing, as well as keeping up financial aid during this trying process.

I think it would definitely make a bigger difference to talk less and do more for Malaysia, instead of feeding the inaccurate image that Malaysia is a useless country.

But then again you are in Medan, so what can I say? The grass is always greener on the other side.

Change is not done by talking. Change is done by doing.

Eastern686

510 posts

Posted by Eastern686 > 2021-02-14 17:42 | Report Abuse

Phillips is smart n successful n manage to make a lot of money, he is blind to many Chinese n Indian who r sidelined by government policies, be it in chances to enter local public universities or join government services as civil servants. He is like Ridhuan Tee Abdullah n UKM prof Teo kok Seong sort of people n their irks. 二五仔。

scenery

2,361 posts

Posted by scenery > 2021-02-14 17:43 | Report Abuse

U are trying to say S'pore succeed bec they are smaller with mainly Chinese? China has about 1.4 bil ppl with 25 races; yet they are going to be the No. 1 economy of the world. So stop taking excuses for Malaysia's backward performance..

Posted by FortuneBlooming > Feb 14, 2021 1:40 AM | Report Abuse

Singapore is a Chinese dominated island city state with 5.7 million guys (25% of them expat workers). Malaysia is a multi-ethnic multi-cultural nation with population 32.7 million spread over land area about 454 times bigger than Singapore. They're two completely different kettles of fish altogether. Or apples & oranges, if you like.

PunTatBerSiul

1,001 posts

Posted by PunTatBerSiul > 2021-02-14 18:23 | Report Abuse

"Posted by Eastern686 > Feb 14, 2021 5:42 PM | Report Abuse

Phillips is smart n successful n manage to make a lot of money, he is blind to many Chinese n Indian who r sidelined by government policies, be it in chances to enter local public universities or join government services as civil servants. He is like Ridhuan Tee Abdullah n UKM prof Teo kok Seong sort of people n their irks. 二五仔。"

=====================================

Yes, People like Phillips are like the greedy swine.
Typical kiasu with scarcity mentality.

Selfish prick who cares only about their own circle.

Sslee

4,734 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-02-14 19:47 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
You are right. Quote, “Change is not done by talking. Change is done by doing.” unquote
How much can you do, when you do not analyse what the root-causes are? Hence you treat the symptoms not the underlying cause which is by the way very helpful too.

So may I ask, "How many fires can you fight when your action of put off one fire another fire starts? Should you rethink your approach by starting a control fire that will create barrier and one for all stop the fire?"

Quote,”My local rotary club has already started a very successful micro loans program for rural areas to produce goods for sale, and also doing a lot of tax repayments to local businesses to the government” My congratulation on the good deeds your rotary club had done to the local communities but do your rotary club able to reach every village, city, district, state and country. Can your rotary club help every Malaysians in need?

You can help 1 person, 10 persons, 100 persons or 1000 persons which is very good and should be continues but did it cross your mind should it be government responsibility to provide micro loans program for rural area to produce goods for sale and generate economic growth to benefit all the rural area? If the government did not do so then should you do something to make the government do so since you are the doer?

You always say, “Those who can, do; those who can’t, teach” but to me we need both to success in order for all to success.

I wish you and your rotary club a very successful year in helping all those in need.

P/S: Knowledge is power and with great power come great responsibility

Posted by BeastOfTheEast > 2021-02-14 20:55 | Report Abuse

BTW, latest IMF projection of GDP growth 2021 puts Malaysia on 7% & Indonesia only on 4.8%.

I guess Malaysia is still doing not so badly, aye?

But then the perennial negativists-sceptics-cynics-dissers-badmouthers among us all will still be incessantly crying whining bittcching that Malaysia can't beat India at 11.5% & China at 8.1% then, I guess.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz