Be the first to like this.

27 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2022-01-21 08:35

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2022-01-05 13:20 | Report Abuse

I didn't know about that great famine in China until around 2008 or so when I read a book about it. Some really shocking incidents during this period that would seem like `fiction' or `propaganda' by enemies. But these were verified by people there.

Although not widespread, there were incidents of fresh graves being dug up at night, with the bodies consumed. Those who did so knew it was wrong, and they were extremely ashamed. But that's what starvation can lead people to do. Traumatic just reading about this and knowing it happened :-(

It's fortunate that we have never faced this kind of situation before. So much so that we take food for granted. As seen by the wastage of leftovers at home and restaurants that are simply thrown away. And how often have we ourselves pushed away food after taking just a bit because "Tak sedap".

It isn't urgent right now but would do well for us to think about food security and do something about this. Particularly at home, of which all of us can do something about. At our own pace, while the going is good.

calvintaneng

53,155 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-01-05 13:41 | Report Abuse

Correct

I remember my growing early years in Kl

In the 1960s my eldest brother arrived from China xiamen. I was born in Malaysia while he was born in China

One morning during breakfast as usual my father bought a loaf of bread from the bread salesman on bicycle (in those days no Gardenia bread)

It was a huge uncut loaf of white bread with the skin burnt brown/black

My father cut away the burnt skin and we only ate the white part

To my surprise my brother who just arrived from China said , Why waste food. The burnt part also edible. And picked them up and starting to eat them

That was an eye opener as he lived through those horrible famine time in China now all forgotten

Posted by TheGardener > 2022-01-05 14:29 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by InsiderShark > 2022-01-05 16:24 | Report Abuse

food shortages? buy QL loh...

calvintaneng

53,155 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-01-05 16:38 | Report Abuse

food shortages due to flood, drought and lock down hinder harvester and later high fertilizer cost hinder planting more

avoid all poultry which face high feed cost of cornmeal

avoid all biscuit makers due to high flour and cooking oil prices

buy palm oil companies as 50% of supermarket items contain palm oil

ahbah

6,002 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-01-05 17:42 | Report Abuse

palm oil companies .... the superstars for this yr !!!!

calvintaneng

53,155 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-01-05 17:45 | Report Abuse

hahaha

ahbah so clever

you going to earn enough from palm oil bull run and get free nasi lemak for yourself and family for the rest of your lives

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2022-01-06 10:46 | Report Abuse

Most of the analysts usually quoted by The Edge, The Star Business etc. had gotten it wrong with CPO prices. I remember one guy who said in late 2020 it will undergo a sharp correction back to the lower RM3,000 from June 2021. Instead it continued going up, regaining momentum whenever it did correct. The current price and duration weren't in these analysts' calculations.

These plantation counters aren't exciting like tech. Which is fine for those of us who prefer their prices to just creep up quietly. And I believe the general market will sooner or later realise they are a must-have in investors' portfolios. Right now, any time the prices drop, that's an opportunity to add. And just wait.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2022-01-06 10:55 | Report Abuse

U see why plantation is the best safe value investment leh ?!

Why leh ??

1. It is traded at attractive price with big discount & margin of safety mah!

2. Plantation land are good hedge of inflation loh!

3. Plantation generate good steady cash flow & earned big forex for the country mah!

4. Plantation give food to the people, thus is a very essential economic sector loh!

5. Plantation are not affected by the risk of very fast technology changes that will make the industry obsolete and disrupt the prospect...This plantaion industry & predictable mah!

6. If u believe long term sustainable cash generating business go for plantation loh!

ahbah

6,002 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-01-06 11:16 | Report Abuse

calvintan ... a mkt pastor sent to i3 from the above, to rescue us from moni famine

n to give us prosperity harvest !

镠公公

648 posts

Posted by 镠公公 > 2022-01-06 13:52 | Report Abuse

Are you a scientist or an investor? Keep quiet and leave the science for the experts

calvintaneng

53,155 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-01-06 13:55 | Report Abuse

Neither scientist nor investor
An Investigator yes!

Posted by NorazmiAR > Jan 6, 2022 1:38 PM | Report Abuse

Why investors cannot see the bumper profit for BPlant at current high CPO price RM5300/tonne at almost all time high? Share price is not reflecting the fundamental of this company potential!!

Why Investors cannot see?

Answer:

Constant harping by Many Dirty IB Bankers (Hong Leong Research excepted as it is speaking the truth. HL Research is for palm oil)

Many Dirty IB Bankers issued too many Palm oil call warrants to BET AGAINST PALM OIL

As such they kept downgrading and downgrading palm oil all throughout 2021

In cahoot with these Dirty IB Bankers the Media published lopsided projections that Cpo prices cannot sustain and will fall back (Which is now found to be A BIG LIE)

And use the fake ESG concern against palm oil

So the Masses are drugged by Dirty Ib Bankers & Dirty Media to avoid palm oil shares

This is why the General Market players always ended up losing money in the Stock market year after year (90% of Punters/Traders confirmed losing money. Blame the Dity IB Bankers & the Dirty Media)

Now you must do independent study if you want to succeed and do well in the Stock market as only the rare 10% will eventually make money

ahbah

6,002 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-01-06 16:05 | Report Abuse

The bountiful fruit that grows on the oil palm tree produces 11 times more oil than

soybean plants,

ten times more than sunflower and

seven times more than canola, per hectare per year.

In other words, it takes more than ten times more land to produce the same amount

of soybean oil as palm oil.

ahbah

6,002 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-01-06 16:07 | Report Abuse

When it comes to land use, the oil palm tree stands tall. This “golden crop” is the most efficient oil crop in the world. Sustainably grown in Malaysia, this stately tree feeds billions, brings prosperity to farmers and nurtures its environment. And it accomplishes this on just a tiny sliver of the world’s farmland. Now, that’s smart growth!

The world has four major oil seed crops: oil palm, soybean, sunflower and canola (rapeseed). Together, they use 3.55 percent of the world’s total agricultural land. Oil palm occupies the least land: just 0.23 percent of the world’s farmland. Sunflower uses 0.51 percent, rapeseed 0.67 percent and soybean, the most at 2.14 percent.

Despite using the least amount of land, oil palm provides the highest yield of oil. The bountiful fruit that grows on the oil palm tree produces 11 times more oil than soybean plants, ten times more than sunflower and seven times more than canola, per hectare per year. In other words, it takes more than ten times more land to produce the same amount of soybean oil as palm oil.

And unlike the other oil seed crops, palm oil is a perennial crop with a 25-year life cycle. Instead of having to plant and replant year after year, the tall, leafy oil palm trees produce generous supplies of fresh fruit bunches all year long. This conserves energy and reduces soil erosion. The trees also act as an effective carbon sink. When it comes to sustainable agriculture, Malaysian palm oil is simply the superior crop for its effective land utilization.

SEE ALSO What are tocotrienols?
Why is land use important?
The world’s population is growing rapidly: from four billion in 1974 to seven billion people today, and an estimated nine billion people by 2050. Ensuring that each and every person has access to safe and nutritious food, known as food security, is a growing concern. The Malaysian palm oil industry stands ready to help meet the world’s demand for healthy, non-GMO oils and fats. Oil palm, the world’s most efficient oil crop, can help feed the world while conserving our natural resources.

ahbah

6,002 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-01-06 17:46 | Report Abuse

Plantation sector to reap the most from the upbeat CPO prices.

CPO price has been elevated in 2021 (avg: RM4,133/MT) and should maintain firm averaging around RM4,000/MT in 2022 on the back of

(i) sustainable demand from India and China, tagging the economic recovery theme and the

(ii) La Nina occurrence.

Source: Mplus Research - 5 Jan 2022

Wizman

51 posts

Posted by Wizman > 2022-01-06 18:08 | Report Abuse

Bullish on all palm oil related stocks 2022-2023 as commodity CPO most likely will sustain...

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2022-01-06 20:38 | Report Abuse

Ada lagi simpan Kpower?

calvintaneng

53,155 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-01-06 22:51 |

Post removed.Why?

ahbah

6,002 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-01-07 09:51 | Report Abuse

Get in fast while they are chip chip now !!!

Later, we all got to pay high entrance fee lah.

calvintaneng

53,155 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-01-21 08:35 | Report Abuse

In year 2020 Catalyst for Glove superbull was Coronavirus
Now game over with the rise of China gloves

Now will be palm oil bullrun due to very high canola oil and soyoil pushing up palm oil

The catalysts are all converging for palm oil

Post a Comment
Market Buzz