GENTING BHD

KLSE (MYR): GENTING (3182)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.10 (2.35%)

Day's Change

4.13 - 4.24

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

85,512 comment(s). Last comment by Balian de Ibelin 56 minutes ago

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Posted by MoneyMakers > 4 hours ago | Report Abuse
Walao afternoon red alrdy - just need break under 4.30 then bye2
-------------

It broke below 4.30 just now, but immediately came back strong and closed higher at 4.32 😀😀

ImCK

3,086 posts

Posted by ImCK > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

market is realising the worst is over the worst after mco from negative to minimum 200m net profit per quater is bottom now only increase more or maintain .

KooSan

492 posts

Posted by KooSan > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@ ImCK AGM must conduct physical next year

Who not happy with LKT can tiu him

ImCK

3,086 posts

yes AGM must conduct physical next year no management can hide behind the virtual agm anymore

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Our company is growing stronger with cash and cash equivalents consistently rising:

30 Jun 2024: 25.65 billion
31 Mar 2024: 24.31 billion
31 Dec 2023: 23.66 billion
This shows solid financial health and effective resource management.

Ho ho ho...moving forward, the depreciation of the USD and a cut in US interest rates would generally be beneficial for Genting by reducing the value of its debt in MYR terms and lowering interest expenses, improving overall financial stability and cash flow.

neohts

2,344 posts

Posted by neohts > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Another 4 months, will sell all.

Also, Genting Berhad would likely record a significant forex gain due to the depreciation of the USD to 4.30 MYR, positively impacting its financial statements and overall financial health. A more significant depreciation of the USD to 4.0 MYR would lead to an even larger forex gain, lower debt servicing costs, and potentially reduced revenue in MYR terms. Overall, this scenario would likely further improve Genting Berhad's financial performance and health.

Posted by Balian de Ibelin > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@MC
I believe you have no friends here or nobody wants to hurt your feelings
This forex thing had continued long enough.

USD drop is hugely damaging for Genting like a thermonuclear explosion
The loan is no issue coz serviced by USD earnings

USD drop 10% means Genting earnings drop 10%
now please stop advertising Genting piles, warts, cancer, cock eyed, etc to everybody who wants to listen.

=> Please remember USD drop Genting die, thats simple enough to understand?

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 1 minute ago | Report Abuse

Also, Genting Berhad would likely record a significant forex gain due to the depreciation of the USD to 4.30 MYR, positively impacting its financial statements and overall financial health. A more significant depreciation of the USD to 4.0 MYR would lead to an even larger forex gain, lower debt servicing costs, and potentially reduced revenue in MYR terms. Overall, this scenario would likely further improve Genting Berhad's financial performance and health.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

@MC is assuming GenB is an international hedge fund borrowing billions of USD for carry-trade investments into Bursa/ MYR denominated assets. I have already said many times those are long term usd loans taken for usa grandsons' capital expenditures at 8.45% interest rollover rate. Principles of accounting do not work this way.

Dont be scammed. Dont be cheated.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 2 days ago | Report Abuse
Analysts net debt forecast for GenB:
2023 15,000 million MYR *(WRONG FIGURE! suppose to be RM15.31b)
2024 13,157 million MYR
2025 11,072 million MYR
2026 8,978 million MYR
-----------------------
Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse
Our company is growing stronger with cash and cash equivalents consistently rising:
30 Jun 2024: 25.65 billion
31 Mar 2024: 24.31 billion
31 Dec 2023: 23.66 billion
This shows solid financial health and effective resource management.
------------------

Facts:
Total Debt
30 Jun 2024: 41.42 billion
31 Mar 2024: 39.80 billion
31 Dec 2023: 38.97 billion

According to @MC's "analysts forecast", Net Debt suppose to DECREASE by rm2.15 billion from 31/12/2023 to 31/12/2024 (one year duration). However, from 31/12/2023 to 30/06/2024 (half year interval), Net Debt actually INCREASED by rm0.46 billion. Its going in the wrong direction!

Dont be scammed. Dont be cheated

Posted by Johnchew123 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Q Vs Q Nét profit drop 59 % , we down grade to SELL , TP = 4.00
Genting Singapore 31 / 12 / 2023 close RM 1 , today 79 sen , pảria n useless stock

Maintain SELL , TP = RM 4

Genting 31/ 12 / 2023 close 4.60 , today close 4.32 , parria stock

KLCI 31 / 12 / 2023 close 1451 , today close 1670 ,
Thí paria Genting đidnt follow big picture , Really rubbish n úeless stock

Go n find stock follow KLCI moving up

Posted by Johnchew123 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

KLCI year end close 1700 point expected , 1451 to 1700 ,up 250 point
Du pariiia Genting reverse perform , really rubbish n useless

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 26 minutes ago | Report Abuse
https://www.singstat.gov.sg/publications/reference/ebook/industry/tourism
International Visitor Arrivals
Take a look at the international tourist arrival numbers for Singapore in July 2024.
-1,602,568, setting a new record
August 2024 was even better, packed with international tourists!
-------------------

But 31st Aug not even over yet, the official August data is not even out yet. How did you conclude August is even better than July???

Dont be scammed. Dont be cheated

eagleye

171 posts

Posted by eagleye > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

The statements by

Balian de Ibelin,
Johnchew123,
AngTayKor

are 100% CORRECT.

TRUTH is what we need to share.

Just bcos you buy the share does not mean you should cheer & champion the share 24/7/365 non-stop with up to 30 posts a day everyday with all kinds of fake and false info hoping that forumers and shareholders will be so gullible to just accept whatever you posts.
By doing this, you are attempting to mislead others into thinking the situation is positive.

The aim, intention and motive is to sway people into buying GB to support your purchase with the ultimate goal of hoping more buyers will create a greater demand pushing the price up so that you can sell/dispose/dump it to these naive/newbie and unsuspecting buyers.

Is this a noble motive to scam and cheat others to buy while you dump GB shares.

Next
With GB results out, no need to post
l o n g post to cover up and conceal what others have posted to reveal the real results of Q2 which is negative - less than expected.

Be genuine, honest and sincere.
Everybody appreciates it.

Peaches L

889 posts

Posted by Peaches L > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@eagleye: whomever u r reprimanding here, it’s obvious. By u doin so doesn’t put u in any better position than tht person either. Pls laaah…, dun project yrself as being such a good Samaritan who’s out looking after in the interest of the naives/newbies and trying to b holier than thou. Let’s b honest, everyone in tis forum has a vested interest in watever they’re doin here, including YOU!!! We’re all living in a very cruel and selfish world. If we continue to be naive in our environment, then we w b gullible and deserve to b a prime scam target of others. There’s no free lunch for anybody ever. We need to work hard for everything we want in life. Nobody else will look out for us except ourselves. Period.

Peaches L

889 posts

Everyone of us has d right to express watever we want in a public forum, for as long as we’re being respectful to others. I’m sitting in d center as yr audience, seeing d left and right arguing day and night and, posting non-stop all yr history argument threads is really so unproductive and, not adding any value for anyone.

its 4.32?
Gentle Reminder 😁
Genting is a conglomerate.
A conglomerate discount refers to the tendency of markets to value a diversified group of businesses at less than the sum of its parts.

eagleye

171 posts

@Peaches L, he has been attacking @AngTayKor non-stop and me, some.

When he's disrespectful of @AngTayKor and me with his disparaging remarks,
naturally both @AngTayKor and myself reply and respond.

If he attacks you Peaches L,
you mean you are so gullible that you will just let him stomp on you.
Naturally you will react.
Nobody should disrespect others in this forum with their posts.

Read his posts and you will know whether he respects others in what he said in his posts.

He befriends and praises those who agrees and supports him even though he may not be right with his posts.

I think you may be fairer and have better ethics and morals than that,
am I not correct ?

We are in the middle of a Global War.
Many Funds are very careful now.
Some are even taking extra care, whatever that means, I am sure you already know intuitively and instinctively but your extreme greed blinds you to the facts.

Ukraine is racing towards Moscow since that is the only solution, already slowed down by logistics though.
Russia is racing towards Kiev.
Many say Russia will reach Kiev before Ukraine reaches Moscow. 😁
Anyhow in Global War, just like stock market, surprises can happen. 😁

Good Luck!!!😁

i3gambler

715 posts

Posted by i3gambler > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

My opinion on Conglomerate Discount:
1) Only applicable if the mother did not own controlling stake in Sons, for example, OSK / RHBBANK case and Closed End Fund.
2) Should not apply to GENTING, as it has full control on GENS, GENM and GENP, it can direct them to do anything it like. for example, ask them to pay out higher dividend, because GENTING has high borrowings, need cash money.

But what to do? The market tendency is as what you said!

Peaches L

889 posts

@eagleye: I just wanna share a word w u - control. Fuss only abt things tht r within yr control. Control w make u to b a bigger person than others. U w then b in-charge of things tht matters most to u and censor away all other unworthy things. Tis w allow u to avoid unnecessary stress tht w hurt u eventually if left unchecked. Being unresponsive to a conflict doesn’t mean u r weak; forcing yr way thru to proof yr point dun mean u r strong and powerful over others. Be in control of yrself to protect yrself in return.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by MoneyMakers > 4 minutes ago | Report Abuse
This  forum peaceful when AngTKlown/Eagleye not around
Like ystrdy AngTKlown/Eagleye hide after I send them to kindergarten (prove them wrong)
-------------

Aiya i was posting yesterday also. Check the historical records before you spin BS again la. This MM always spinning BS to cover up another old BS, then claim he proved others wrong. Very Shameless fella here.

IN TRAUMA THEREOF, MM WILL CLAIM HE PROVED OTHERS WRONG 🤣🤣🤣

eagleye

171 posts

@Peaches, this applies to all, to me, to you & to him as well.
So, you should direct this to everyone and not just me unless you select to direct it to me only.
I appreciate your comment though.

The increase in debt in Q2 2024 for Genting Berhad is mainly because Genting Malaysia’s subsidiary, GENM Capital issued RM1.7 billion in Medium Term Notes during that quarter.

mushimushi

398 posts

Posted by mushimushi > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Expert: The more you post/speak, the more you tip your opponent what is your hand/cards (poker), the likely the stock price won't go up.

Maybe let's try different tactics, we all sleeps for 2 weeks. Keep the forum quiet, then see what happens.

All do not post anything except scammers. Do not react to stock price movement at all, no cheering, no grieving.

👍👍👍

Peaches L

889 posts

If he attacks you Peaches L,
you mean you are so gullible that you will just let him stomp on you.

@eagleye: yes, my same message to u goes out to all other constructive and peace loving ppl as well, in general. But, since I’m responding to questions u asked me in yr earlier post tht I wrote it in such a manner. Let us promote peace and harmony in tis forum page. There’s a Chinese saying tht goes like tis: ‘kar wor man si heng’. If we dun preserve harmony in a place, even d God of Prosperity w run far, far away from us. Hv a great and cheerful holiday. All d very best!!!

Peaches L

889 posts

I agree totally w @mushimushi’s suggestion. Let’s hv a forum embargo for 2 weeks as of… right NOW.

eagleye

171 posts

@Peaches, as long as they don't attack @AngTayKor & @eagleye, we will not retaliate.
Those who respect us, we respect vice-versa.
Better still all don't post for example -
6 mths if they can handle it.

neohts

2,344 posts

Posted by neohts > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I am only interested if anyone could provide update with the below.
1) Resorts World Las Vegas accused of accommodating illegal bookmaking and organized crime.
2) TauRX MHRA confirms acceptance of UK Marketing Authorisation Application for HMTM status.

I hope Genting Management could provide more update and latest status.

Posted by Lee Guan Hong > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Hi all! From my 2 cts.
Usd drop will benefit to genting. Since the depreciation is huge to genting and summore Rwlv stands a lot on this. So usd drop depreciation cost surely drop and will impact more earning on coming quarters. And further is usd loan stand 60-70% of genting total debt and 24H2 usd debt is count at 4.7x so if q3 drop usd round ate is at average 4.5 it will be a few percent drop and automatically decrease their debt level. And next is usd loan interest. Maybe you can said 8.xx smth is his grandson interest. But what if genting can reborrow a loan with low interest to pay his high interest rate loan. Genting definitely will think about that before we teach him to make decision right? This is just my view haha. No right or wrong. Hope this taurx as ATK said will be announce by this year end ya. This is a big bonus to genting. Thanks

Posted by Lee Guan Hong > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Balian for ur statement is if usd drop revenue drop and earning drop. But if you can imagine this usd revenues stand how much on genting revenue and profit too. But nw the fact is genting invest in us but the expected earning not as genting Malaysia and genting Singapore. It was a failure. Even the usd revenue drop and the net profit from usd drop that little drop can't cover the whole picture which genting has a huge usd debt and huge usd depreciation cost. So definitely usd drop can said direct benefit to genting.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Posted by curiousq > | Report Abuse
Total borrowing 39,800.6m
Borrowing in USD 30118.3m (75.67%)
1st. Q Finance cost (527,976)
Besides lower interest rate, USD depreciates against MYR would incur forex gain
-----------------

It is stated that "Approximately 44% of the Group’s total borrowings has a maturity profile of more than 5 years". I believe most of their USD long term loans were locked in progressively some years ago during fed's ZIRP Zero Interest Rate Policy era. No doubt the fed is going to pivot this Sep from 5.5% with an expectation of 75 basis for 2024 and 100 basis for 2025, fed rates will not go back to ZIRP era. Hence those expired loans (ZIRP era) may even be renewed at higher rate (Fed rate at 3.75% at end of 2025) than the old ZIRP era rate. Most of these debt instruments are usually rolled over and rates locked in for another long term duration via benchmarking to the prevailing interest rate then (risk free 10 year treasury yield + ??? basis as extra margin to compensate for additional company risk according to S&P ratings). Unless if we sold off Miami land for USD1B cash / USA IPO raising USD1B cash etc, then those loans abt to be expired will not be rolled over and paid in full upon expiry / earlier repayment.

There was a deleted scam post suggesting this company may see abt RM2.5B of forex gains in P&L next quarter or so due to USD depreciation. Principles Of Accounting and accounting treatment method do not work like this la.

Something caught me eye here: Total borrowing Rm39,052.7m. Thats Rm39B of debt load.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

@LeeGuanHong, those existing USD debts are probably made during ZIRP era when 10 year treasury yield was hovering between 1.5% to 2.9% then. Lets take the average of 2.2%. Current 10 year yield is at 3.9%. The fed controls overnight rate but not long term interest rates (market forces) which do not move in exact tandem and % magnitude with short term rates, hence we have "inverted yield curve" and followed by normalisation of yield curves. I highly doubt 10 year yield will ever go back to the levels during ZIRP (average of 2.2%). The era of ZIRP is over. After 40 years of fed non-stop lowering rates from 20% + systematically abusing the monetary system via zero % rates for over 10 years + USD 9 trillions of QE, inflationary era is finally back. I doubt GenB's current usd debts can be rolled over in future at even lower interest rates than the expired debt instruments. I would put my bet that on the average for all the future roll over of usd debts, the rollover rates will more likely be higher than the expiring old ones.

ImCK

3,086 posts

inflation is debt good friend as long as inflation come selling price will only be higher pay back debt no issue . genting management just have to focus on make the turn over more faster by using volume stragegy instead of playing upper market value stragegy too slow

ImCK

3,086 posts

genting want trying to be louis vuitton level but thier after sales service is not reach that level wasting time only . why not focus on volume stragegy growth more faster by AI era is coming data collect is very potential to create new oppurnity . HLBANK already show how they reduce thier cost by using AI more bank will follow

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

I believe that usd400m debt rolled over on 19/07/2023 at 8.45% was when 10 yr yield was at 3.95% then. Hence, the extra spread is 4.5% above risk free 10 yr treasury market return (due to Genting's S&P debt ratings). Any future usd debt roll over will probably have the same 4.5% premium above prevailing 10 yr treasury bill % return (unless S&P upgrade Genting's credit ratings).

ImCK

3,086 posts

to optimize the earning suggest management to offer b2b advertising marketing service or using thier accomdation package as prize partner with advertising agency . its very easy break even and earn money see management how to do only because they got casino its something like luck 100 people come to hotel 50% willing spend 1k glambling already enough cover all expenses . better than let the room empty do nothing

ImCK

3,086 posts

they can use ipo listing for U.S / malaysia & SG Reit listing pare down the debt / miami land sold settle the debt easily

ImCK

3,086 posts

so epf can invest thier reit they also can save tax for reit listing . singapore asset got 18billion u.s asset got 24biliion

ImCK

3,086 posts

genting management need be humble learn with sunway how to optmize the finance and operation efficiency to max . if genting willing to learn they can easily settle all the debt lol and growth with turbo engine without any block .

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by MoneyMakers > 16 minutes ago | Report Abuse
AngTKlown morning alrdy attack people - fella always want fight3 kikiki
No need BS ZIRP blablabla - nobody knows what happen in future no reason ZIRP cannot comeback
---------

You have to stop spinning BS here. ATK attacking who in the morning? Im giving detailed explanation abt Genting's long term usd debts n interest pricing for those notes at roll over next time. You have to stop slandering others.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

............. "There was a deleted scam post suggesting this company may see abt RM2.5B of forex gains in P&L next quarter or so due to USD depreciation. Principles Of Accounting and accounting treatment method do not work like this la."

-----------------

Those were posted 5 days ago. If its scam post, its a scam. I have already explained until mouth dry liow. GenB is NOT an international hedge fund borrowing billions of USD for carry-trade investments into Bursa/ MYR denominated assets hence going to reap huge forex trading gains inside our Q3 P&L. Those are long term USD debts to be rolled over upon expiry. So you prefer to wait until next Q3 result see if there is rm2.5b forex gain inside P&L to determine if its a scam? By then many naive will already be scammed into believing this illusion of rm2.5B forex gains. Stop this scam earlier before it causes more harm to readers here.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by MoneyMakers > 2 minutes ago | Report Abuse
AngTKlown People can have diff opinion without call others scammer leh
Fella really dunno peace..just fight3 aiyoyo
----------

Aiya ATK from Accountancy background. I know if this is a false opinion or real fact abt the accounting treatment for the said Q3 rm2.5B forex gains inside P&L. I can easily spot accounting scams here.

Later stock price collapse after Q3 result because there is no rm2.5B forex gains inside P&L.

Advance FA warning given here liow.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by MoneyMakers > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse
AngTKlown Then just share ur accounting info lo. No need use aggressive word like scam etc - u also proven full BS
Now peace period ma - stop be aggressive cannot meh aiyoyo
-----------

Yes @MM, you very peaceful to non-stop calling others "Klown" + claims of prove others full of BS etc aiyoyo ownself check ownself first la

choysun

4,377 posts

Posted by choysun > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Why hibernate? Price won't be swayed by comments on forum la. Wait for Fed rate cuts to start and see which direction it goes la :)

UOB bank forex says SGD may drop 10% in near term.

@MC the Resident Expert on Forex can comment on the humongous gigantic huge advantages to Genting?

The hibernate was suggested by 1 Japanese guy who confessed that his cost was 8.00+++ and then now regret release info to "enemies" 🤣

MoneyMakers

7,595 posts

Posted by MoneyMakers > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

AngTKlown Ur 1st person break peace treaty - barely 1day peace alrdy poke people start fight

Then crybaby/complain after ownself start fight 1st - ur BS really no limit aiyoyo

Post a Comment
Market Buzz